Versions Compared

Key

• This line was added.
  • This line was removed.
  • Formatting was changed.

Sub-Group Members:  

Staff:  

Apologies:  Izumi Okutani

**Please let Brenda know if your name has been left off the list (attendees or apologies).**

Transcript

Recording

The Adobe Connect recording is available here:  https://icann.adobeconnect.com/p1l4fyxk3t4/

The audio recording is available here:  

Proposed Agenda

Notes

Action Items

Documents Presented

Chat Transcript

Alice Jansen: (4/8/2015 05:23) Welcome to ST-WP call #3! Please note that chat sessions are being archived and follow the ICANN Expected Standards of Behavior: http://www.icann.org/en/news/in-focus/accountability/expected-standards

Pär Brumark (Niue GAC): (05:57) Good afternoon all!

Alice Jansen: (06:00) Hello Pär - thanks for joining!

Pär Brumark (Niue GAC): (06:00) Thx and Hi Alice!

Brenda Brewer: (06:01) Beran Gillan on phone line

Brenda Brewer: (06:01) dial outs complete

Athina Fragkouli (ASO): (06:02) hello :)

Athina Fragkouli (ASO): (06:02) I will, thanks a lot

Brenda Brewer: (06:02) Izumi apologies

Keith Drazek: (06:11) +1 Jonathan. Board inaction is still a risk and a gap that needs attention.

Athina Fragkouli (ASO): (06:18) I am afraid I missed the meeting on Sunday..

Edward Morris: (06:18) Audio just dropped

Cheryl Langdon-Orr: (06:18) Ohh darn :-9  do you need a dial out  Ed?

Athina Fragkouli (ASO): (06:18) However this makes sense to me

Edward Morris: (06:18) I'm calling back in. Thanks Cheryl.

Cheryl Langdon-Orr: (06:19) Thanks Athina

Avri Doria: (06:19) albeit new to ST, but are there no otherr mechanisms that would fill that gp.  or is t c-veto the only possible solution?

Finn Petersen, GAC: (06:19) it is important thar a national redelegation on redelegation in only dealt with in the national appeal system

Pär Brumark (Niue GAC): (06:20) +1 Finn

Finn Petersen, GAC: (06:20) first redelegation should have been Decision

Alice Jansen: (06:23) please mute your line when not speaking - there seems to be background noise

Athina Fragkouli (ASO): (06:26) Thanks for the explanation Steve

Steve DelBianco  [GNSO - CSG]: (06:29) SAC 053 was SSAC's advice against dotless domains

Jonathan Zuck (IPC): (06:32) I guess the question is whether a "response" is enough of a trigger for one of the review mechanisms

Avri Doria: (06:34) 9. Consideration of decision-making inputs and appeals processes9.1. ICANN Bylaws Article XI should be amended to include the followinglanguage to mandate Board Response to Advisory Committee Formal Advice:The ICANN Board will respond in a timely manner to formal advicefrom all Advisory Committees, explaining what action it took and therationale for doing so.

Jonathan Zuck (IPC): (06:34) doesn't seem like enough of a trigger

Avri Doria: (06:36) if the butter is sufficinetly frozen a lazer might be useful.

Steve DelBianco  [GNSO - CSG]: (06:36) @Avri -- has the Board proposed that change to the bylaws yet?

Keith Drazek: (06:38) Agree with Jonathan.  Following Avri's comment, it appears that the Board's response and explanation *could* be a trigger, but we'd need to make it more explicit...somehow. If the response shows the Board elected to not accept the advice, perhaps that's where we need to include a new mechanism. Again, as I said above in chat, Board inaction is a risk.

Avri Doria: (06:43) i do not see atrt2 9.1  as having been included in the bylaws yet

Cheryl Langdon-Orr: (06:43) Noted Avri  we need to note that in the next version of this ST Doc

Jonathan Zuck (IPC): (06:44) and 2 of them are important to CWG so perhaps focus on 11 and 17

Athina Fragkouli (ASO): (06:44) makes totally sense to me

Alice Jansen: (06:58) yes - that is correct - 13-14 April https://community.icann.org/calendar/previewcalendar.action?subCalendarId=c6f19314-7b51-48f6-b1b9-af9d692ace53

Jonathan Zuck (IPC): (07:08) sure

Pär Brumark (Niue GAC): (07:11) Thx! ´Bye!

Athina Fragkouli (ASO): (07:11) thank you all