Versions Compared

Key

• This line was added.
  • This line was removed.
  • Formatting was changed.

Answers from Candidates (in order of the candidates' surname)

Sebastien BacholletCandidate has not yet submitted answers

It seems that Independent is very often associated with “outside” of ICANN, no stakeholder participants, no staff… We have at least one example to demonstrate that Independence could be achieved with current or ex-participants of the ICANN work: the NomCom. The Review Teams will also I am sure show us that.
It is time to discuss the need to have more “internal” committees and less external.

Pierre Dandjinou

As the Independent Objector mechanism is meant  for objecting to anomalous applications on behalf of Internet users, and particularly in the public interest, I see it as a necessary  and required safeguard in the process. This will promote more independence in the dispute resolution process, while also addressing risks to the process by ensuring that the proposed TLDs that are clearly encompassed by the limited Community-based and morality & public Order objection standards are not entered into the root. Because the At large community represents the users at large, I will be in favour of a close relationship of the AC with the process of the selection of the Independent objector.