Versions Compared

Key

• This line was added.
  • This line was removed.
  • Formatting was changed.

1. To what extent do you think that the ALAC should be equivalent in its influence within ICANN to the GAC.  Should the by-laws be changed to give the ALAC the same right of advice as the GAC has?

Answers from Candidates (in order of the candidates' surname)

Sebastien Bachollet

Candidate has not yet submitted answers.

Pierre Dandjinou

For the ALAC  to become equivalent in its influence within ICANN as the GAC, we should further understand why the GAC has its current influence; It’is a Government led constituency with certain power in policy making; It has a financial basis with most government participants covering their own fees to participating to Icann’s meetings. I am not quite sure whether a change in the by-laws would suffice in giving the ALAC the same right of advice. Having said that, I do believe we have come a long way with ALAC now being fully recognized as a major constituency with more and more ALS being created. ALAC has got its legitimacy within ICANN, but I think its real power and influence will come when the user at large is fully contributing to the ICANN process, as a consumer, a registrant and an end user.

Alan Greenberg

Candidate has not yet submitted answers.

2. How do you plan to balance your commitment to doing what you believe is best for ICANN as a California corporation with your role as a representative of the members of the At-Large?  How do you propose handling it when your vote runs counter to the advice of the ALAC and At-Large.