Versions Compared

Key

• This line was added.
  • This line was removed.
  • Formatting was changed.
Comment: Migrated to Confluence 4.0

Attendees: We have Olivier Crepin-Leblond, Evan Leibovitch, Tijani Ben Jemaa, Rinalia Abdul Rahim, Cheryl Langdon-Orr, Alan Greenberg, Carlton Samuels

AG: I think it's important when we talk about these things to remember that this subject and not unlike WHOIS has the number of competing and diametrically opposed constraints in it and targets in it. We want to remove any perception of conflict of interest. On the other hand we don't want to remove so many people from the discussion that, you know, the whole board can't partake in it and those two are opposite things.

Wiki MarkupTBJ: First of all I think that the statement will be called to a proper as the time, a more detailed statement will follow and I think we have a project of a joint statement with the GAC and it can be this framework that the detailed statement can be done.The second point I think that the statement have matured and now we are saying that the contracted party or any other commissioned party are there and they are part of this multi-stakeholder model and they have to be there. But we said at the end that the selecting body has to be fair, have to be more or less impartial, that it doesn't have any interest to \ [inaudible 01:07:45\] so that they can make the best \ [inaudible 01:07:49\]. So I think that this is already \ [inaudible 01:07:53\]. Please study so \ [inaudible 01:08:01\] can finish it. I think it cannot \ [inaudible 01:08:06\].

RAR: It's just a feeling and the feeling is that Rod does not have a lot of good will around him and the circumstances of him leaving leaves a rather bad taste. He raises an important issue. We've been concerned about this issue and we were doing something about it within the ALAC At-Large world and I think that we should say that we've been working on this and we can also refer to basically Rod's mentioning it as sort of like reinforcing the point that we shouldn't make Rod's statement as the main focusing event. Sorry, I never suggested that we would. I just said we can't have a statement that doesn't even mention it. I'm just saying he helped.call attention to it, but of course the issue is larger than Rod, the issue is larger than us and it started ahead of time. All I'm saying is that he helped bring it in to sharp focus. We do need to have something that is both immediate and a different document that is more thoughtful and analytical and long-term.

OCL: Okay, thank you Carlton. So then moving to the last thing I wanted to touch on and that was the statement of interest ALAC page which is a follow-up on an action item we had prior to Costa Rica. And that was a page we initially thought was going to be put up on thewww.ALAC.ICANN.org website, but do to current unavailability of staff to update that Matt and I decided that it would probably be a lot better and maybe better for us to control to have it on our wiki.Matt has put together a page to start. I don't know if you have the actual URL of this page that we can put in the chat, yeah the link. I know that some have not sent their information yet, so I urge anybody who hasn't and I haven't checked. So it might be that we here have all put our information up. Some have not, so if you could please send it over.