Versions Compared

Key

• This line was added.
  • This line was removed.
  • Formatting was changed.
Comment: Migrated to Confluence 4.0

Evan Leibovitch:                     I may also have to leave on short notice but I will be here as long as I can.

Wiki MarkupOlivier Crepin-Leblond:          Thank you Evan.  Now review of the action items from the ExCom 11 July and the ALAC 26 July meetings.  Let’s first look at the ExCom 11 July meeting.  It's a long list again but many of these had been completed and let's go through it right away.  The first one \[inaudible 00:02:36\] protocol for new members of the WHOIS Review Team.  That has been completed.  And as I mentioned in the previous call we have a list of people and it appears to have been punted to the ExCom to - well actually as been punted to staff to set up a poll to be able to list and vote for those SOIs and put them in a certain order.  Tijani you have your hand up.\\          Thank you Evan.  Now review of the action items from the ExCom 11 July and the ALAC 26 July meetings.  Let’s first look at the ExCom 11 July meeting.  It's a long list again but many of these had been completed and let's go through it right away.  The first one [inaudible 00:02:36] protocol for new members of the WHOIS Review Team.  That has been completed.  And as I mentioned in the previous call we have a list of people and it appears to have been punted to the ExCom to - well actually as been punted to staff to set up a poll to be able to list and vote for those SOIs and put them in a certain order.  Tijani you have your hand up.

Tijani Ben Jemaa:                    Yes do you hear me?

Olivier Crepin-Leblond:          I would be happy with that as long as there is nothing in addition that we need to do because there might be a follow up action item from what was discussed on the ALAC call.

Wiki MarkupTijani Ben Jemaa:                    \[Inaudible Jemaa:                    [Inaudible 00:04:04\].\\

Olivier Crepin-Leblond:          That’s sometimes the case unfortunately.  What I would suggest is maybe reading through those because it is something that goes on the record but maybe not adding to it.  When it's completed we will just say it's completed.  Evan to follow up with the GAC regarding joint communiqué on applicant support and to send a joint communiqué to ALAC internal, that has been completed.  Olivier to contact Heather Chair to Chair, that’s been completed. 

Seth Greene:                            Olivier -

Wiki MarkupMatt Ashtiani:                                    \[Inaudible Ashtiani:                                    [Inaudible 00:05:35\] I'm sorry go ahead Seth.\\

Seth Greene:                            Sorry Matt, yes Seth here.  Olivier that actually has not been done yet, LACRALO thought they would have it done by the meetings this morning.  But it will be done later today they tell me.

Olivier Crepin-Leblond:          Thank you Seth.  Certainly the official line as I understand at the moment is that work team - the ALAC improvements process takes precedence over everything else.  However, and I think I can say this for the record that because the work of the JAS Working Group is particularly important and is certainly something which the ALAC has put its full weight behind, we might at some point, have to look seriously at having to perhaps provide you with more time to work on the JAS issue, which of course 24 hours being the maximum number of hours in the day, might need to be taken away from something else, from some other activity. 
unmigrated-wiki-markup

And short of  you being able to extend 24 hours to 28 hours in a day, I guess you other main report is the improvements report.  I just wonder how we all feel here with regards to moving any dates back for the improvements.  As tough as it is for us to do, I guess because this is such a long process and \[inaudible 00:17:28\] important a choice between a rock and a hard place, any comments from Cheryl or Tijani or Evan? \\short of  you being able to extend 24 hours to 28 hours in a day, I guess you other main report is the improvements report.  I just wonder how we all feel here with regards to moving any dates back for the improvements.  As tough as it is for us to do, I guess because this is such a long process and [inaudible 00:17:28] important a choice between a rock and a hard place, any comments from Cheryl or Tijani or Evan? 

Evan Leibovitch:                     I think I've said more than I needed to already.

Olivier Crepin-Leblond:          Thank you Cheryl and that is noted as well.  In case - because I know that Sebastian is on the call and may not be aware - we have been advised that Seth Greene will be holding the pen for the final report of the JAS Working Group.  And that in effect reprioritizes some of his work including his direct support for ALAC.  That’s why we’re all in this current situation of having to choose.  By anyway, oh Sebastian you have your hand up.

Wiki MarkupSebastian Bachollet:                Yes thank you for the information.  I think it must be very difficult to handle by you.  But I want to ask one question, is it because some others staff is coming back or is joining the team?  And if not I guess you have no where to send and I have no word to say as a Board member on how the staff is allocated but it seems to be a little bit trends that when you are \[inaudible 00:19:58\]. \\Bachollet:                Yes thank you for the information.  I think it must be very difficult to handle by you.  But I want to ask one question, is it because some others staff is coming back or is joining the team?  And if not I guess you have no where to send and I have no word to say as a Board member on how the staff is allocated but it seems to be a little bit trends that when you are [inaudible 00:19:58]. 

And a shortage of staff time that you have to give some time for very important subject, that it's not just an ALAC or At-Large project, it's a project for ICANN with the end of GNSO and ALAC.  But it's important for the Board too, then I am wondering if you - if we can have a review process on the decision because it seems to me that it may be questionable at least not to say something else. 

Olivier Crepin-Leblond:          Thank you Sebastian, what I was going to suggest that obviously the JAS group has not been officially told about this yet, but it will be as soon as we finish this meeting.  And Stephan Von Gelder will also be told about this.  And what I was going to suggest is perhaps leave it for a week for both us and for Seth to really gauge the amount of work that is there and for him to see if he can cope with having to deal with those two things at the same time.  That said, I'm not saying that it's impossible to do.  I know that Seth is extremely resourceful. 

Wiki MarkupAnd certainly if there is going to be something that will be reduced, it will probably be his support for more mundane matters in ALAC.    And he will be able to spend much time both on the JAS Working Group but also on the ALAC improvements.    And that of course then brings more pressure onto Matt and on to Gisella to hold and that is of course the next question, we cannot predict.    We know that there will be more work.    I don’t think we can predict right now whether this is something that is totally un\[inaudible 00:26:22\]. \\ 

Sebastian Bachollet:                May I just one point?

Sebastian Bachollet:                It's quite completed because you know as a Board member I am not supposed to follow Working Group.  And at the same time I follow it.  And I am not the liaison from the ALAC and my suggestion is that even if it's not an ALAC statement it could be some from the Chair or from the ExCom to say something just to - I am not pushing something without your agreement.  I will be your voice even if I am not your liaison.  It may be better if - the ExCom for example will be okay.  You don’t need to have all the mechanics to have an ALAC statement today.  Just to remind the Board that the request was for more staff than there is today and that it's important to be done as soon as possible because the deadline is the end of August. 
unmigrated-wiki-markup

Olivier Crepin-Leblond:          Thank you Sebastian I was going to say one thing.  Procedurally speaking the JAS Working Group has asked for additional staff, would it be for the JAS Working Group Co-Chairs to ask for more or to say that they were looking to having someone fulltime rather than someone part time, I'm concerned about on one side the fact that ALAC is acting unilaterally on matters of the JAS Working Group.  Our take on this is more of a case of having \[inaudible 00:31:11\] from an ALAC staff that are being taken away from direct ALAC business. \\          Thank you Sebastian I was going to say one thing.  Procedurally speaking the JAS Working Group has asked for additional staff, would it be for the JAS Working Group Co-Chairs to ask for more or to say that they were looking to having someone fulltime rather than someone part time, I'm concerned about on one side the fact that ALAC is acting unilaterally on matters of the JAS Working Group.  Our take on this is more of a case of having [inaudible 00:31:11] from an ALAC staff that are being taken away from direct ALAC business. 

Sebastian Bachollet:                May I just one point on that?

Olivier Crepin-Leblond:          Yes Sebastian.

Wiki MarkupSebastian Bachollet:                You are already taking a lot of time on \[inaudible Bachollet:                You are already taking a lot of time on [inaudible 00:31:24\] as the ALAC and ExCom level.    My suggestion is not to put that back to the Working Group because it's - as a body you may \ [inaudible 00:31:41\] you.    Maybe in discussion with the GNSO but they have to fulfill one task and that is to deliver a report at the end of this, if you bring that back to them it will take time and I'm not sure that’s the best way, to take their time.\\

Olivier Crepin-Leblond:          Well if the JAS Working Group Chairs they can use either paths, either via the GNSO or the ALAC.  Certainly if the JAS Working Group Chairs told me they were under resourced, I think that the ALAC would have absolutely no qualms on passing this on to the authorities that will need to know about this.

Evan Leibovitch:                     But look at the time delay going on right now.   Rather than having staff tell the JAS group directly, here is what you're being allocated and giving the JAS Chairs the ability to respond, there is this indirect method of telling and talking about the staffing by going through the chartering organizations which didn’t happen when Carla was originally assigned.  This wasn’t something that had to go through the chartering organizations. 

Wiki MarkupYou basically tell the JAS group, here are the resources allocated to you.    This isn’t something that requires chartering organization approval and yet we’re going through this extremely roundabout and absolutely time consuming \ [inaudible 00:33:09\] that we shouldn’t have to be doing just to - anyway - as Cheryl was saying in the chat that the second charter changed that.    Even staffing requests have to come from the chartering organizations?\\

Cheryl Langdon-Orr:              Communication is communication.

But we are where we are.  I'm not keen to suggest that when we have asked for allocation and we have been given a less than fulltime equivalent, in addition to Carla who we've had and that allocation does bite out of time and energy that obviously some of us would like to see go to original tasks as well.  I don’t want that to be either wasted or unutilized in very little time we have. 

Wiki MarkupI think that we need to recognize that there are particular scribing and crafting and wordsmithing skill sets that Seth clearly brings to the party and the more he can do to assist without stretching him far too thin for sanity’s sake or for his other words to be \ [inaudible 00:38:35\] the better good will come for JAS Working Group and indeed the chartering organizations as well.    However, as Eric who was Chairman at one point, one of the things we were very clear about was very particular expertise was also needed.    Evan raised that in the first call before Singapore for additional assistance.  

Whilst we would like to aim for what I would call a minimum of an additional FTE, full time equivalent, it may be that that fulltime equivalent be made up from several sets of people and their expertise, if that’s how it is well then so be it.  But we need to work with [inaudible 00:39:21] parts effectively as we get them.  But it is up to the chartering organizations to bring the voice and concerns from the co-chairs and liaison to that discussion.  Wiki MarkupWhilst we would like to aim for what I would call a minimum of an additional FTE, full time equivalent, it may be that that fulltime equivalent be made up from several sets of people and their expertise, if that’s how it is well then so be it.  But we need to work with \[inaudible 00:39:21\] parts effectively as we get them.  But it is up to the chartering organizations to bring the voice and concerns from the co-chairs and liaison to that discussion. \\

It's perfectly reasonable for Stephan and Olivier to pick up the phone, say to Kurt, Rod or the cleaner, I really don’t care, maybe all of them, look you know you really have to realize what is needed here.  We have our co-chairs from the work group on this call.  We can ask them questions.  But this is what blah, blah and blah.  And at least that wouldn’t be risking the dead space that I fear if we keep vacillating on about what we would like to have versus what we have, thank you.

Eric Brunner Williams:            Thank you Olivier.  I have entered in to the chat approximately four paragraphs addressing the subject at hand and I will summarize them.  I identify four skill areas that are required for the JAS Working Group staffing to be met.  The first requirement is the document publication skill set similar to that of the production of the draft applicant guidebook to produce a smaller document which relates to the specific issues raised by the JAS work product such as Milestone Report 2.  That is a skill set.  Then there is an eligibility skill set or an eligibility requirement of the JAS as identified in staffing support.  And this is to identify the applicant’s eligibility or the criteria of eligibility for applicants
unmigrated-wiki-markup

A third and similar but not identical corporate law staffing requirement is the requirement for a stand alone or a separate institutional entity which manages funds and does funding outreach which therefore includes also donor development as well as fund management.    Finally a fourth issue that arises simply because there is a \ [inaudible 00:42:07\] seed fund is if any portion of that seed fund is devoted to specific project and a project manager for those projects is required as well, thank you very much for the time to speak.\\

Olivier Crepin-Leblond:          Thanks very much Eric.  It's certainly very helpful to have it all categorized.  And I think it works in the same direction as what Cheryl has suggested.  Certainly I am in total agreement.  I think that the request which was sent by the JAS Working Group did include some of these specific requirements.  And so far the requirement for drafting reports haven’t fulfilled - these other requirements don’t appear to have been fulfilled.  There definitely is room for moving in this direction. 

Cheryl Langdon-Orr:              Yes telephone is a good way of getting things done in a more timely manner at this point.  Playing the email round robin game is too wasteful of time.
unmigrated-wiki-markup

Olivier Crepin-Leblond:          Well certainly email round robin game with senior policy staff.  But we do need to have our trail \[inaudible           Well certainly email round robin game with senior policy staff.  But we do need to have our trail [inaudible 00:44:22\] up with regards to advising the JAS -\\

Cheryl Langdon-Orr:              Sure, sure and I -

Matt Ashtiani:                        You know I actually looked at all of the ExCom’s permissions yesterday and you all had full ability to delete any comment - also to be aware of any page change notification.

Wiki MarkupCheryl Langdon-Orr:              Matt you don’t have to go in to the space to the highest level page of the space you want to watch - \[inaudible               Matt you don’t have to go in to the space to the highest level page of the space you want to watch - [inaudible 00:50:22\] it's smarter to go \ [inaudible 00:50:25\] you still have to select the additions or the extras or options menu and then you have to tell it watch this space when you're logged in.    It will then generate the email messages on changes.    And I think it's that bit that Olivier hasn’t got. \\ 

Olivier Crepin-Leblond:          Well Cheryl I've actually got the - I have received notifications of other page changes but I'm not quite sure that I've received anything on the ALAC monthly reports.  I will have to cross check either my emails or maybe when someone files a report and see if it comes up.  I do know that the IDN liaison report was sent in via email by Edmond and that this needs to be copied and put into the LEN page.  Perhaps we can use this as a test and I will be able to tell you if I have received a notification.  Otherwise if I have received notification then maybe I'm just not being attentive enough to my emails.

Olivier Crepin-Leblond:          I understand that.  Matt has subscribed all of us to that, to the highest page.

Wiki MarkupCheryl Langdon-Orr:              He               He can't.    He cannot make one of those pages my watch page.    Only I can do that when I'm logged in as me.    He can log in as me and watch it for me and then it still comes to my profile.    But it's not a matter of permissions it's about \ [inaudible 00:52:17\].\\

Olivier Crepin-Leblond:          Okay I will check that maybe that’s what's missing.  Okay Matt, next.

Wiki MarkupMatt Ashtiani:                        Sure I'm just going to start posting them into the chat as well so everybody can see it.  This was \[inaudible Ashtiani:                        Sure I'm just going to start posting them into the chat as well so everybody can see it.  This was [inaudible 00:52:36\] draft and post ALAC statement on proposed ICANN process for handling requests for removal of cross ownership restrictions for existing gTLDs.    That has not been completed.    The new AI was to investigate what happened with this AI because no one was actually sure what happened.    You asked me to figure out why it was not completed.\\

Olivier Crepin-Leblond:          I guess this is something for staff to investigate because I'm not aware of the location where this was.  I don’t know it might have been I dropped the ball somewhere along the way or -

Matt Ashtiani:                                    Yes.

Olivier Crepin-Leblond:          Next?

Olivier Crepin-Leblond:          Next?

Matt Ashtiani:                        [Inaudible Wiki MarkupMatt Ashtiani:                        \[Inaudible 00:54:37\] follow up with the GAC regarding joint communiqué on the applicant support and send joint communiqué around to the ALAC internal list.    The new action item was the communiqué has been sent but the GAC has not yet replied.    And Olivier Crepin-Leblond is to follow up.    Any comments?\\

Olivier Crepin-Leblond:          I'm lost on this one, I don’t know where that is.

Wiki MarkupCheryl Langdon-Orr:              That came out of our last ExCom.  It may have been that you were going to follow up with his or was it that you were going to ask Adam what was going on as a method to find out what \[inaudible :              That came out of our last ExCom.  It may have been that you were going to follow up with his or was it that you were going to ask Adam what was going on as a method to find out what [inaudible 00:55:30\] new.    If that’s the case, then you did do that because you got a reply back from Adam, for what it's worth, that said yes \ [inaudible 00:55:42\]. \\ 

Olivier Crepin-Leblond:          Okay I say I'm a bit lost in the document I have in front of me now.

Olivier Crepin-Leblond:          That is correct yes.

Wiki MarkupCheryl Langdon-Orr:              The sooner we get that the better.  \[Inaudible Langdon-Orr:              The sooner we get that the better.  [Inaudible 00:58:26\] stick and poke it at them.\\

Matt Ashtiani:                        The next AI I think Seth actually finished while we were in the last call, this is Eric Brunner Williams to write first draft of ALAC statement on the preliminary issue report on the current state of the UDRP comments open until 15 July.  The action item was to let you know if the vote has begun or when it will begin.  I think I saw an email from Seth saying the vote has in fact begun.

Matt Ashtiani:                                    Exactly. 
unmigrated-wiki-markup

Cheryl Langdon-Orr:              It might be \[inaudible               It might be [inaudible 00:59:18\] but I can still be pleasant.\\

Olivier Crepin-Leblond:          I would have found it difficult for it to have begun because it was only filed yesterday.  And we filed it and I want to put this for the record, we did file it after the closing time because yes I dropped the ball on this one and I'm sorry.  But thankfully due to the very kindness of ICANN staff namely Ordoff Nortenling who is in charge of this, the comment was accepted because they had not started the work on analyzing the comments.  It was accepted and it also made it onto the actual forum as well.  And thank you also to Seth for having acted very quickly on this. 

Wiki MarkupCheryl Langdon-Orr:              \[Inaudible               [Inaudible 01:00:08\] Tijani's hand is up.\\

Olivier Crepin-Leblond:          Oh Tijani, please.

Wiki MarkupTijani Ben Jemaa:                    Yes thank you Olivier.  I would like to tell you that I have to leave now.  For the update on the preparation of \[inaudible Jemaa:                    Yes thank you Olivier.  I would like to tell you that I have to leave now.  For the update on the preparation of [inaudible 01:00:22\] general assembly I did it in the previous call.    I don’t think it is necessary to it again.    I apologize because I have to leave now.\\

Olivier Crepin-Leblond:          Okay thank you very much Tijani.  May I just ask one thing from you, is it possible for you to provide us with a quick few lines in writing as to what stage you have reached with the preparations for the AFRALO GA.  Although I know you mentioned it very quickly in the previous call, it was particularly rushed as well.  If you do have the time I think it would be great.

Tijani Ben Jemaa:                    Okay thank you bye.

Wiki MarkupMatt Ashtiani:                        Olivier the next AI is on Page 3.  It's pretty long so I just want to let you know \[inaudible Ashtiani:                        Olivier the next AI is on Page 3.  It's pretty long so I just want to let you know [inaudible 01:01:33\] document on Page 3, it's the second bullet point down, this was considering the comment from Danny Younger regarding the guidebook.    The new AI was staff was to draft and send a note to regional At-Large organizations asking for expressions of interest into joining the gTLD group led by Evan which will deal specifically to the objections process called for by the guidebook. \\ 

Olivier Crepin-Leblond:          Perfect, any comments on this? 

Olivier Crepin-Leblond:          Sure, happy with that Cheryl yes.  Okay Matt you can continue.
unmigrated-wiki-markup

Matt Ashtiani:                        The LACRALO is to put the questions it has developed on to the first ALAC registrar Wiki above - I know this is \[inaudible Ashtiani:                        The LACRALO is to put the questions it has developed on to the first ALAC registrar Wiki above - I know this is [inaudible 01:03:20\] - but the LACRALO didn’t complete it.    But I Seth said the LACRALO was going to try to finish it today. \\ 

Olivier Crepin-Leblond:          Right yes and it's great to have LACRALO doing things.  I would like to see the other RALOs also doing things.  I think one AI would be to have a call on each one of the RALO calls for this to happen.  One concern that I do have is that the question might be a little unclear because if the question is unclear we are very unlikely to get a response or an answer.  So a possible AI is to clean the question up.  What I - I will volunteer for that, how is that? 

Olivier Crepin-Leblond:          Yes.
unmigrated-wiki-markup

Matt Ashtiani:                        Okay and the last action item ExCom members \[inaudible Ashtiani:                        Okay and the last action item ExCom members [inaudible 01:08:48\] observers in various meetings, basically you wanted to remind all RALOs that - actually \ [inaudible 01:08:57\] everyone to remind all the RALOs that meetings are open to all ALS members.\\

Olivier Crepin-Leblond:          I'm sorry I didn’t understand anything there.  All I heard was garbled. 

Cheryl Langdon-Orr:              It can be as simple as in which case we, the ExCom could own and pen it.  Matt perhaps in all his spare time could have a go at drafting something for us.  He includes a desire to do more policy drafting this can be a small test, something along the lines of well we’re delighted that there is in fact a clear intention for the objectives of clarification of what constitutes GAC advice now has a process which is fully understood and accessible to both the GAC and the Board of Directors. 

Wiki MarkupAnd that there is a shared understanding of terminology such as what constitutes formal advice, what is the meaning of consensus, where the GAC principles on various dates do or don’t come into play, how board notifications will go to the GAC, the intention of GAC members to have an ability to work severally as opposed to only jointly as an organ member in policy development process that there is a clarity in how GAC advice will be reviewed by the board and responded and there the half a dozen or so recommendations under the first objective and the six or so recommendations under the second objective which is all about how liaisons will work to the board and the NomCom, how a \ [inaudible 01:16:18\] will \ [inaudible 01:16:16\] that stuff. \\ 

From memory when I read it it's also opening up an opportunity which we would be silly not to exploit which is the option and an objective to get liaisons with other support organizations an advisory committee which did come out of the ATRT report.  Gee, I wonder who might have been pushing that, which certainly endorse or support that.  And I think that’s about it other than some administrative stuff that basically would bring the logistics and support for the GAC as an advisory committee more in line with the types of things that ALAC get and expect, translation, interpretation, travel support, et cetera. 

Wiki MarkupThere is also the very important issue coming out of the ATRT review where we were encouraging them to find better ways for governments not just the GAC rep who in some cases could be a part time person that’s very tangentially involved in government and in other cases could be administrative advisor themselves that goes from \ [inaudible 01:17:52\] to the ridiculous.    I think it was 13 or 14 or something, anyway in the middle of the ATRT reports but there is some progress on that.    And as an advisory committee we fell warm and fuzzy about that. \\ 

And the other big one of course is looking forward to the opportunities such as we are beginning to see for GAC interacting with the community more meaningfully as well as the board.  Matt you can transcribe what I've said and turn it into English as a first draft if you would like? 

Cheryl Langdon-Orr:              Well what I was -

Wiki MarkupOlivier Crepin-Leblond:          \          [Inaudible 01:19:32\] short.    Yes, okay thank you well so that’s one.    The next one is the Inter-registrar transfer policy IRTP Part B Policy Development Process recommendations for board considerations and on my list it says yes please comment on that.    Now I'm afraid I haven’t followed that process at all.    That's something which I know that Alan has been following quite closely.    He has made it publically known that he is not willing to be the person holding the pen on this.    Did we have anyone on this?\\    Did we have anyone on this?

Cheryl Langdon-Orr:              Who said we should do it?  I think I remained silent on it.

Olivier Crepin-Leblond:          She is here.
unmigrated-wiki-markup

Cheryl Langdon-Orr:              You have to love \[inaudible 01:23:08\] telecommunication system.\\              You have to love [inaudible 01:23:08] telecommunication system.

Olivier Crepin-Leblond:          She is ready to support a [inaudible Wiki MarkupOlivier Crepin-Leblond:          She is ready to support a \[inaudible 01:23:22\] on this.    Okay so that’s good.   We do have two people in case - what I do suggest and let's put out a call on the ALAC list for a volunteer on this because Eric and Cintra you guys are the usual suspects.  You are part of the clan now as well and I would like to see if we could get some new people to come into this.  But I guess if we do not get an answer in the next few days then just \[inaudible 01:23:58\] on notice then I guess than we can punt this in your direction. \\   We do have two people in case - what I do suggest and let's put out a call on the ALAC list for a volunteer on this because Eric and Cintra you guys are the usual suspects.  You are part of the clan now as well and I would like to see if we could get some new people to come into this.  But I guess if we do not get an answer in the next few days then just [inaudible 01:23:58] on notice then I guess than we can punt this in your direction. 

Cheryl Langdon-Orr:              It is only a few days though we’re talking early August again. 

Olivier Crepin-Leblond:          It's the 8 of August, so yes, two more days - 10 days we can do that.  Action Item 2 send this immediately to the ALAC list.  If staff could please send a note to the ALAC list asking for volunteers to write a statement on this, answer by the 28 of July.  If we don’t get an answer or movement then at that point it would be great if Eric and Cintra can look at it. 
unmigrated-wiki-markup

The next one is proposed revisions to Chapter 3 and 4 of the GNSO council operating procedures relating to proxy voting.    And on this one we have a no, Alan didn’t feel that it was something - again it's another procedural GNSO thing.    And the next one \ [inaudible 01:25:15\] issue a report on the Inter-Registrar Transfer Policy IRTP Part C.    That goes a little further.    I know as much about Part C as I know about Part B.    I'm looking for help here, anyone? \\ 

Cheryl Langdon-Orr:              Right it's alright okay it has a lot to do with issues of lockout and some of the issues that happens with why someone would be denied the ability to move -

Olivier Crepin-Leblond:          A hack like this I find this as being extremely poor data backup.
unmigrated-wiki-markup

Cheryl Langdon-Orr:                            It's uncontentionable conduct.    But there is in fact no reason for ICANN to have ever known until post failure they weren’t getting the WHOIS records because they are contractually complied.    That is a compliance issue they can do something about.    Now as it is Net Registry came in and picked up the mantle at 1 minute to midnight hour and it's a nonissue to some extent.    But the hypothetical for the potentials, ICANN compliance will be very pleased to try to apply for this as future hole.    I don’t want someone driving \ [inaudible 01:33:59\] through. \\ 

Olivier Crepin-Leblond:          Is this something - and I'm just asking everyone here - is this something that should be taken up by the ALAC or is this really something that is a matter of compliance?

Olivier Crepin-Leblond:          Okay well then it -

Wiki MarkupCheryl Langdon-Orr:              And Eric is absolutely correct, everything he is saying is correct.  It's just \[inaudible               And Eric is absolutely correct, everything he is saying is correct.  It's just [inaudible 01:36:21\] belief I'm walking around a Singapore ICANN meeting with people and staff actively working on a solution, getting moment by moment updates on an extremely serious issue at the same time and at the same place where ICANN literally had no knowledge of it, no formal knowledge at least.\\

Olivier Crepin-Leblond:          Okay fine I understand that.  Rattling the cradle would mean creating a statement, writing something to the Board.

Olivier Crepin-Leblond:          Because they didn’t know about it.

Wiki MarkupCheryl Langdon-Orr:              Because they didn’t have to know about it because it wasn’t contractually required.  \[Inaudible               Because they didn’t have to know about it because it wasn’t contractually required.  [Inaudible 01:39:15\] like a security breech is not needing to be reported.\\

Olivier Crepin-Leblond:          Listen Cheryl I know it's the middle of your night and it's soon going to be the middle of my night at some point, may be it will become the middle of your day.  But what I would suggest is that we just take this up by -

Cheryl Langdon-Orr:              That’s not a problem it's just if you wonder why I get shitty livid with you next week it will be because I really do have a shitty liver.  I will be getting rid of all this radiated iodine.
iodine.

Olivier Crepin-Leblond:          Great, okay, any other business apart from this?  Alright and it is with happiness after five hours of conference calls, but I can say this meeting is going to be adjourned.  But before I do that I want to thank Gisella, Matt and Seth for having stuck by us also.  And thank Eric and Cintra for having [inaudible 01:43:56] to listen to our ExCom discussion and also being able to contribute to them also.  Great thank you very much all of you and thanks Sebastian for passing by as well and this meeting is now adjourned.  Wiki MarkupOlivier Crepin-Leblond:          Great, okay, any other business apart from this?  Alright and it is with happiness after five hours of conference calls, but I can say this meeting is going to be adjourned.  But before I do that I want to thank Gisella, Matt and Seth for having stuck by us also.  And thank Eric and Cintra for having \[inaudible 01:43:56\] to listen to our ExCom discussion and also being able to contribute to them also.  Great thank you very much all of you and thanks Sebastian for passing by as well and this meeting is now adjourned. \\

-End of Recorded Material-