Versions Compared

Key

• This line was added.
  • This line was removed.
  • Formatting was changed.
Comment: Migrated to Confluence 4.0

Christopher Wilkinson:          Well…it’s Christopher again.  Just to comment on your exchange there with Olivier – I think Olivier’s point is we need to work on getting more people to participate in the policy development process.  I don’t think the chair needs to apologize.  The chair has enough to do and that’s why a lot of us don’t volunteer to be the chair, but we should contribute to the policy development process in support of EURALO and ALAC.  If the chair feels an obligation to do everything as well as being a chair then I think it goes in the wrong direction.  Apologies for intervening, but I wanted to make that point.

Wiki MarkupWolf Ludwig:                          Okay, thanks for your understanding Christopher and I of course support your motion that we have to still try to improve our inreach because this is a typical inreach issue to get more of our members involved in this ongoing policy processes and consultations.  What I know from Germany, (inaudible) said that a lot of our members, Annette for example, who had to apologize for today’s call.  She is extremely absorbed by the (inaudible) Commission of the German \[Bundestag\], which means an incredible amount of work and other members are involved in national foras, and this might be an explanation at least for the low profile we have on ALAC policy consultation processes.  I see Olivier’s hand is raised again.\\Ludwig:                          Okay, thanks for your understanding Christopher and I of course support your motion that we have to still try to improve our inreach because this is a typical inreach issue to get more of our members involved in this ongoing policy processes and consultations.  What I know from Germany, (inaudible) said that a lot of our members, Annette for example, who had to apologize for today’s call.  She is extremely absorbed by the (inaudible) Commission of the German [Bundestag], which means an incredible amount of work and other members are involved in national foras, and this might be an explanation at least for the low profile we have on ALAC policy consultation processes.  I see Olivier’s hand is raised again.

Olivier Crépin-Leblond:          Thank you Wolf.  I was just going to add that in ALAC what differentiates it from a top down organization is that we’re a total bottom up organization.  So the voice of the At-Large structures is the most important thing.  And unless we receive the voice from the At-Large structures then the higher strata of At-Large, meaning the At-Large Advisory Committee, is really unable to function fully without getting all this interest. 

I am looking forward to meet you at our General Assembly and having the opportunity to be together with you at the subsequent two days at European Dialogue on Internet Governance, what will be a promising event and opportunity again. And I hope we will have a lot of opportunities to talk and discuss during the General Assembly and at any side opportunity before our next call, what will be then in June. Before the June call I think we will have the ICANN meeting in Singapore and we will keep you informed about the arrangements and timing for our next monthly call in June.  Any further questions from your side; comments?  If this is not the case, let me thank all of you for your active and constructive participation.  And I wish you all a very pleasant evening.  Thank you and see you soon in Belgrade. 

Wiki Markup\[End of Transcript\]