Versions Compared

Key

• This line was added.
  • This line was removed.
  • Formatting was changed.
Comment: Migrated to Confluence 4.0

Wiki Markup
*Hawa Diakite:*                                   We are going to do a roll call, Hawa is on the line, Tijani is there, Fatimata, are you there, Michelle is there, Dave is there, \[Budwan\] are you there?\\

Unidentified:                                     Yes he is.

Hawa Diakite:                                   Very good, he said he was there. Who else is there, Yaovi is there, sorry you were the first one. So we just did role call Fatimata. Valerie is not there.              We can’t get a hold of him; however he is going to be there in 10 minutes. The second point on the agenda actions to do. There is one, Tijani we are going to send him an email to bring to his attention for the Visa to get into Columbia.

Tijani Ben Jemaa:                           Yes, and that’s been done. We had a lot of email exchanges; he explained what was going on so it’s been done. Third point on the agenda, public consultations that are open have a small a, that should be on the agenda. That was just translated.

So that is the small a, the small b, yes, for the small a, are we going to have time to talk about that? So these are just consultations, it is a reminder, but we’re not going to develop that today. Second small be, public consultations. We have two, first the work group on the Recommendation #6 it is about NAPO, the limit date was October 22nd.

Aziz Hilali:                                       Hello?

Hawa Diakite:                                   Who is this? Aziz, hello Aziz, very good, I am going to continue. So, we’re - the Recommendation #6 about public order and the guidebook. This is just to remind people that we’re going to talk about this and that the deadline is October 22nd.

Hawa Diakite:                                   We are going to do a roll call, Hawa is on the line, Tijani is there, Fatimata, are you there, Michelle is there, Dave is there, [Budwan] are you there?

Unidentified:                                     Yes he is.

Hawa Diakite:                                   Very good, he said he was there. Who else is there, Yaovi is there, sorry you were the first one. So we just did role call Fatimata. Valerie is not there.              We can’t get a hold of him; however he is going to be there in 10 minutes. The second point on the agenda actions to do. There is one, Tijani we are going to send him an email to bring to his attention for the Visa to get into Columbia.

Tijani Ben Jemaa:                           Yes, and that’s been done. We had a lot of email exchanges; he explained what was going on so it’s been done. Third point on the agenda, public consultations that are open have a small a, that should be on the agenda. That was just translated.

So that is the small a, the small b, yes, for the small a, are we going to have time to talk about that? So these are just consultations, it is a reminder, but we’re not going to develop that today. Second small be, public consultations. We have two, first the work group on the Recommendation #6 it is about NAPO, the limit date was October 22nd.

Aziz Hilali:                                       Hello?

Hawa Diakite:                                   Who is this? Aziz, hello Aziz, very good, I am going to continue. So, we’re - the Recommendation #6 about public order and the guidebook. This is just to remind people that we’re going to talk about this and that the deadline is October 22nd.

We want to prepare in the work group, the contribution of people and ask We want to prepare in the work group, the contribution of people and ask them how AFRALO wants to prepare these comments. The report exists; follow the link on the agenda. You can find out more information. I want to remind you about the report, you will remember after the point XXX, the government was a little concerned about this and they talked about the security of public order.

We are almost at the end of our work. We prepared the final report and I think maybe 2 or 3 weeks from now we will have something definitive and I think that we all need to be able to say in Cartegena and really defending that we, that those who need help really need help. So, I finished my report. Does anyone have any questions or comments?

Wiki Markup
*Unidentified:*                                     Yes. \[Inaudible 26:23\] I think that presentation it shows that really what we were asking for to have a favorable treatment during this application. It’s not worth continuing, is that right? No, no, I don’t think that.\\

Unidentified:                                     Yes. [Inaudible 26:23] I think that presentation it shows that really what we were asking for to have a favorable treatment during this application. It’s not worth continuing, is that right? No, no, I don’t think that.

There were members There were members of the group who thought that, but finally we convinced them there were several people who thought we should continue and this Board decision we hope we’re going to have a new Board in Cartagena with the new blood that is coming in with the people who are already there who are fighting for this cause that that will change the tendency.

Tijani Ben Jemaa:                           I don’t think so. I don’t think at this stage I can speak for the group, I don’t know, I need to talk to them. Just to refresh your memory, he worked hard. He worked hard on this project. The list, as soon as we have the system in place, I will let you know. But right now I don’t have anything in front of me right now.

Wiki MarkupThere is one. I know there is someone from \ [Inaudible 32:16\] somebody like that. Okay normally, it’s not really secret, but it is confidential. So, you have to keep it secret until you prepare the voting sheets. Okay. My question is, is the updates of the ILO, is it completed because it’s a little out lawed.\\

Don’t they say that the At-Large Director since nothing was modified; there is no need to do that. I think when we were talking, we haven’t really finished our work, but was the law changed because we didn’t know, so we are still working on this.

But unfortunately, several didn’t answer for AFRALO, we have this level of participation. But, I think the participation is necessary. If you want your opinion to matter, you have to say you can’t say in the street or in an open forum, you have to have a working group or a subcommittee where the policies are being discussed.

Wiki MarkupYour opinion will never be taken into consideration. So, that is why we for that we need to write more for the ALSs who are here. What are the resources that are available to be part of these discussion groups? For example, today we have different processes Tijani, you are participating, \ [Budwan\] is participating in a group, but we need to have more participation. Oh, I agree. Do you understand?\\

Wiki Markup*Tijani Ben Jemaa:*                           No I do, I understand. That’s what I mean. So, it’s been 2 years that we’re talking about the same thing, we need to, we need to, we need to. So, what do we need to do to make it happen? No, you’re right. I’m not saying that it has to be done. Yaovi would like to speak. I just want to say. Is this \[Budwan\]? Yes. Hold on, Yaovi is first. Go ahead. I’ve lost the train of thought. Are you letting Yaovi speak? Yes, go ahead Yaovi. Go ahead and then \[Budwan\].\\Jemaa:                           No I do, I understand. That’s what I mean. So, it’s been 2 years that we’re talking about the same thing, we need to, we need to, we need to. So, what do we need to do to make it happen? No, you’re right. I’m not saying that it has to be done. Yaovi would like to speak. I just want to say. Is this [Budwan]? Yes. Hold on, Yaovi is first. Go ahead. I’ve lost the train of thought. Are you letting Yaovi speak? Yes, go ahead Yaovi. Go ahead and then [Budwan].

Yaovi Atohoun:                                 What I want to say is that we need to go in both directions for the recruitment during a meeting we need to follow the agenda. We need to put these topics in the agenda even if we are recruiting new ALSs, we are the base. It is very important that during one of our meetings. I also wanted to say we need to know who is participating. We need to put that in the report for the confidential nature of the report. I didn’t know it was that confidential.

Wiki Markup
*Fatimata Seye Sylla:*                       \[Budwan\]?\\

that in the report for the confidential nature of the report. I didn’t know it was that confidential.

Fatimata Seye Sylla:                       [Budwan]?

[Budwan]:                                          Yes, thank you I want to talk about participation. We need to realize - Wiki Markup*\[Budwan\]:*                                          Yes, thank you I want to talk about participation. We need to realize -\\

Translator:                                        I cannot hear what he is saying. Yeah, Fatimata said I can’t understand anything you’re saying, I can’t hear you. The line got cut. Okay we have a connection problem. I am going to go online. Dave would like to say something. Okay. Dave?