Versions Compared

Key

• This line was added.
  • This line was removed.
  • Formatting was changed.
Comment: Migrated to Confluence 4.0

Nomination Committee Delegate from LACRALO

Election timetable:

At its 4th August 2009 Meeting, the ALAC defined the following timeline for filling these appointments:

• Nominations Open (in each RALO): 5th August
  • Nominations Close (in each RALO): on or before 25th August
  • Nomination Acceptance Deadline: on or before 1st September
  • RALOs to transmit all accepted nominations, with a recommendation of a preferred candidate if the RALO wishes to provide one: on or before 1st September
  • ALAC Voting Begins: 7th September
  • ALAC Voting Ends: 14th September
  • Notification to NomCom of Appointees: 15th September

NomCom members - Obligations and Requirements

The incumbent for Latin America and the Caribbean is Matias Altamira Gigena. He is not eligible for re-election as he has served two consecutive years.

Nominations for NomCom Delegate from Latin America andthe Caribbean

Nominated By

Seconded By

Date Nominee Accepted

Election Results

Jose Ovid Salgueiro

Jose Ovid Salgueiro

Alberto Soto (Latin American Research Insitute for Information Society - IIISI).

13/08/2009

Jose Ovid Salgueiro was was elected by LACRALO as their recommended candidate for the Latin American and Caribbean Islands NomCom seat

Cintra Sooknanan (TTCS)

Jacqueline Morris

Carlton Samuels (UWI),Lance Hinds (Devnet)
Dev Anand Teelucksingh (Trinidad & Tobago Computer Society)

24/08/2009

ALAC Board Liaison position

The election process for the ALAC Board Liaison, who represents the ALAC and At-Large at the Board level has been slightly amended this year as specified by the Board Liaison Process 2009, which was adopted by the ALAC at their August 4th meeting. Each RALO is requested to forward a list of names of nominees that have been endorsed by the RALO. The ALAC will then vote on the list of candidates using the Instant Runoff Voting system, which means that they will rank each candidate, from most preferred to least preferred.

Election timetable:

During its August 4 meeting, the ALAC adopted the following timetable for the Board Liaison election:

• RALO Nominations Open Until: 15th September
  • Candidate Lists Published: 17th September
  • Candidate Conference Call with Community: Between 18th - 20th September
  • ALAC Election Period: 21st - 30th September
  • Results Announced: 1st October

See also Board Liaison Process 2009 for a detailed overview of the process.

Requirements and Obligations:

Please click here for an overview on the general obligations and requirements for ALAC Liaison positions as specified by the organising instruments. Interested candidates may also want to review the Draft Position Description for ALAC Members and Liaisons which was prepared by ALAC member Alan Greenberg and is currently open for comments from the At-Large community and the Level of Commitment of Board Liaison as outlined in the Proposed Election Call Message for ALAC Board Liaison.

Received Nominations

Nominations for ALAC Board Liaison

Nominated/Supported By

Region

Date Nominee Accepted

Vanda Scartezini

Vanda Scartezini, Asociación Colombiana de Usuarios de Internet, Argentina de Usuarios de Internet, Internauta Brazil, Chinese Domain Name Users Alliance, Internauta Venezuela

LACRALO

16 August 2009

Alan Greenberg

Jacqueline Morris, Trinidad and Tobago Computer Society

NARALO

9 September 2009

Comments

Just a clarification, José Ovidio Salgueiro´s ALS is not Alfa Redi.

contributed by guest@socialtext.net on 2009-08-24 22:57:48 GMT

Ms. Cintra Sooknanan accepted the nomination on Monday 24 August 2009

contributed by cintra.sooknanan@gmail.com on 2009-08-25 01:41:50 GMT

Just to clarify. I am an Alfa Redi member. I submitend my mane as a NomCom candidate and Mr. Alberto Soto from IIISI second it.

contributed by guest@socialtext.net on 2009-08-27 14:37:21 GMT

I accept the nomination for the position of ALAC Liaison to the ICANN Board.

Alan Greenberg

contributed by guest@socialtext.net on 2009-09-09 00:25:00 GMT

Me alegro de ver como va el desarrollo del proceso de la elección del Miembro en la Junta de Enlace. Me agrada saber que Vanda va posicionando su nombre y creo que será una gran representante los la región latinoamericana.
Antonio Medina Gómez
Presidente
ACUI

contributed by guest@socialtext.net on 2009-09-17 01:39:31 GMT