Versions Compared

Key

• This line was added.
  • This line was removed.
  • Formatting was changed.

(Lost, at least for now, access to the Etherpad I started so lost a few comments, will keep trying to renew it but people should add their comments here.  Anyone who does not have access should contact ICANN Staff - need specific reference - for assistance)Snapshot taken from http://willyou.typewith.me/p/BlueSky%20-%20Objection%20Process

Blue sky exercise - questions, possible requirements and possible solutions

• Is the At-Large objection process a review of all applications (simlar to the reported GAC process) or an exception process where only applications that are raised by the community (by the At-Large Community)
    • Wiki Markup
      <CLO> My first&nbsp; thought&nbsp;on this choice is the latter => a Community Objection raised by the At-Large&nbsp; ( or can it be at-large???&nbsp;why not?) Internet Users&nbsp;&nbsp; if it is&nbsp; At-Large&nbsp; then we should probably also consider a minimum (or threshhold of support { X # of ALSes&nbsp; or Regions&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; etc., in favour of the 'Objection on behalf of a/the \[identified\]&nbsp; Community )&nbsp; that sort of thing...&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; BUT&nbsp; that is a first reaction&nbsp; I can see where&nbsp; a parallel to GAC review plans&nbsp; might also work&nbsp; but then&nbsp; why not&nbsp; let them&nbsp; be Pro-Active&nbsp; from their 'unique&nbsp; POV&nbsp; and we ( ALAC and At-Large)&nbsp; act as conduit&nbsp; for&nbsp;*genuine*&nbsp;Communuity concerns that has&nbsp; may not fit&nbsp;the GAC&nbsp; 'filter' Yes that might be Re-active&nbsp; but ... ... ...) &nbsp;
  • Is there estimate of how many applicatons we expect to be subject to ATAt-LArge Large objection process or objection process review
    • <CLO>  nope  not to my knowledge  but I would have thought the number reasonable  low like N=<3-5 or so
  • Are there, or should there be, tools to aid in the process. 
    • <CLO>  yup  and they need to be accessable  accountable and transparant....
  • if so what sort of tools?
    •  <CLO> darn good question =>  in this  we must consider MUCH more...
  •