Versions Compared

Key

• This line was added.
  • This line was removed.
  • Formatting was changed.

In October 2021 I was reappointed as a Director of Internet Australia (IA) (previously known a the Internet Society of Australia, ISOC-AU) an accredited ICANN At-Large Structure (ALS) since March 2005, having served in this capacity since 2001, I am also currently serving as Vice-Chair (International) and Hon Treasurer Chair  of Internet Australia, and act as their representative on the ISOC Chapters Advisory Council.

More About Me:- In 1983, I left my Post-Grad research and academic career as a tutor in physiology (continuing as a Teaching Associate at the Asia Pacific Research Institute of Macquarie University during the early 2000 years) to operate our family-owned micro-enterprise, Hovtek Pty. Limited. http://www.hovtek.com.au/ 

I was (and still am) am a telecommuter, (so all set when COVID-19 movement restrictions came in) and licensee of domain names in .au as well as in the global DNS, but most importantly, I am an avid end-user of the Internet for work and recreation. 

I was an Individual Member (before the formation of our Chapter) of ISOC and am a Director of  the Australian Internet Society Chapter Internet Australia (nee ISOC-AU) See Internet Australia since being elected in 2001 serving as Hon Treasurer from 2003, and currently serve as   the Hon. Company Secretary on the executive and Vice Chair International and currently serve as Chair of the Internet Australia Board;... For more about my role and the other Directors of Internet Australia see https://internet.org.au/team . As Internet Australia's  Representative to the Internet Societies global Chapter Advisory Council I was elected in 2022 and reelected in in  2023 to serve on its Steering Committee and serve in the role of Chair.

I am a member of auDA, the .au Domain Name administrator, and was a Board Member from 2002 to 2014, having previously worked on several auDA Policy Advisory Panels between 2000 and 2004, and as the Chair of the Domain Name Industry Code of Practice Committee.