Versions Compared

Key

• This line was added.
  • This line was removed.
  • Formatting was changed.

20:34:46 From Yesim Nazlar to Everyone : Welcome to Unaffiliated Individuals Mobilization Working Party Call taking place on Monday, 15 February 2021 at 18:00 UTC.
20:34:56 From Yesim Nazlar to Everyone : Agenda: https://community.icann.org/x/LwNtCQ
20:55:55 From Cheryl Langdon-Orr to Everyone : Hi all
21:00:00 From Esther Patricia Akello to Everyone : hello everyone
21:00:16 From Heidi Ullrich to Everyone : Welcome, All.
21:01:05 From Alan Greenberg to Everyone : I will have to leave this meeting a bit early.
21:01:17 From Roberto to Everyone : Noted @Alan
21:03:54 From Matthias to Everyone : hello all
21:04:22 From Gopal Tadepalli to Everyone : Greetings. - Dr. T V Gopal, Professor, Department of Computer Science and Engineering, College of Engineering, Guindy Campus, Anna University , Chennai, INDIA.
21:04:28 From Heidi Ullrich to Everyone : Action items: https://community.icann.org/display/atlarge/At-Large+Unaffiliated+Individuals+Working+Party+Action+Items
21:04:54 From Jonathan Zuck to Everyone : Shouldn't we discuss "power couple" membership, in honor of Valentine's Day?
21:06:45 From Alan Greenberg to Everyone : Not done but will be shortly.
21:06:45 From Bill Jouris to Everyone : @Jonathan you mean restrict a couple to a single vote between them? ;-)
21:07:22 From Jonathan Zuck to Everyone : Exactly, @Bill!
21:07:58 From Bill Jouris to Everyone : @Jonathan, but then we have to address Domestic Partners and such. Aaaargh!
21:08:17 From David Mackey to Everyone : @Bill lol
21:10:34 From Jonathan Zuck to Everyone : Let's recommend standardization wherever we can
21:11:59 From Judith Hellerstein to Everyone : sorry i was late
21:12:27 From Natalia Filina to Everyone : hi everyone! My apologies, I`m late
21:13:03 From Jonathan Zuck to Everyone : Agree, Alan
21:13:44 From David Mackey to Everyone : +1 Alan
21:14:15 From Cheryl Langdon-Orr to Everyone : How would you propose strengthening that sentence then @Alan?
21:14:57 From Alan Greenberg to Everyone : Given the efforts in some parts of the world to disenfranchise voters, simply saying you should exercise your rights (if you have them) is not sufficient,
21:15:49 From Maureen Hilyard to Everyone : active individual members can vote? there are a lot of individual members who do not participate at all.
21:16:16 From Cheryl Langdon-Orr to Everyone : So a Notwithstanding this we not that at this point in time not all RALO Rules allow for exercise of such a right to vote... Does that work as a Note / footnote??? (or some such)
21:19:32 From Alan Greenberg to Everyone : We are not making rules. We are making recommendations to the ALAC and RALOs.
21:20:20 From David Mackey to Everyone : Consensus should be the preferred mechanism of resolving issues
21:23:00 From Sarah Kiden to Everyone : The reason I am raising this is because I know the discussion has happened in AFRALO since 2017
21:23:09 From Sarah Kiden to Everyone : I also support the idea for them to vote
21:24:24 From Alan Greenberg to Everyone : I have added suggested working in the doc.
21:26:13 From Roberto to Everyone : @Alan - thanks
21:27:01 From Nadira AL-ARAJ to Everyone : I agree because we are not explaining on what issue they are voting
21:27:52 From Nadira AL-ARAJ to Everyone : Exactly agree with you Roberto
21:27:55 From Natalia Filina to Everyone : +1 Nadira, general recomendations
21:30:57 From Gopal Tadepalli to Everyone : Abstaining from Voting is also being responsible depending on why the vote is called for. - Dr. T V Gopal
21:30:58 From Cheryl Langdon-Orr to Everyone : We get fined serious $$4 if we do not vote
21:33:41 From Alan Greenberg to Everyone : Fine to list responsibilities. but I would make clear what is a right and what is a responsibility.
21:34:31 From Alan Greenberg to Everyone : How is a "responsibility" different from an "obligation"?
21:35:45 From Cheryl Langdon-Orr to Everyone : I also see them as different @Roberto ;-)
21:36:28 From Natalia Filina to Everyone : Obligation is about "have to", responsibilities - about moral responsibility I guess-)
21:36:48 From Gopal Tadepalli to Everyone : Individual Members are "Responsible" and that is it. We need not delineate further on this. - Dr. T V Gopal
21:42:19 From Nadira AL-ARAJ to Everyone : I think this issue will be left to RALO decision
21:42:50 From Esther Patricia Akello to Everyone : that’s noted @Roberto
21:43:01 From Bill Jouris to Everyone : "Obligation" is marginally more compelling than "responsibility". But only marginally.
21:43:17 From Esther Patricia Akello to Everyone : I know some one. who was prohibited
21:43:25 From Cheryl Langdon-Orr to Everyone : really???
21:44:13 From Judith Hellerstein to Everyone : in naralo we chastised several people and have the ombudsman talk to them
21:44:17 From Nadira AL-ARAJ to Everyone : +1 ALAN it is up to the RALO
21:44:32 From Judith Hellerstein to Everyone : they then disappeared from the scene
21:44:39 From Esther Patricia Akello to Everyone : there was Ayden who was prohibited
21:44:47 From Nadira AL-ARAJ to Everyone : Maybe there is an issue of harassments and based on it they are prohibited
21:44:55 From Alan Greenberg to Everyone : @Judith, Yup, but that is not a prohibition...
21:44:57 From Esther Patricia Akello to Everyone : he was a next gen fellow - Ayden
21:45:18 From Alan Greenberg to Everyone : Aaahh. Yes, we do have one example!
21:45:18 From Judith Hellerstein to Everyone : i think the ombudsman most have prohibited him
21:46:44 From Judith Hellerstein to Everyone : i think he refused mediation
21:46:52 From Esther Patricia Akello to Everyone : my apologies I probably used the wrong term. but I think the context of what I meant has been answered
21:47:33 From Gopal Tadepalli to Everyone : Please refer to my notes on the Confluence on Voting. The policy ought to prevent "groupism" / "collective" formation for voting. - Dr. T V Gopal
21:47:57 From Cheryl Langdon-Orr to Everyone : NP words matter and have power, but I also think it is a very edge case if it ever really exists
21:48:29 From Yrjo Lansipuro to Everyone : In “Notes”, the rationale(s) of the minority for not allowing ALS members also to be independent RALO members is presented in a rather cursory way. I’ll suggest more nuance during the week.
21:49:41 From Natalia Filina to Everyone : thanks Yrjo. I still stand by the idea that in some sense this violates the philosophy and meaning of the division of RALO into structures, members of structures and non-affiliated members...
21:52:16 From Jonathan Zuck to Everyone : Gotta sail to next webinar. Thanks folks!
21:53:05 From David Mackey to Everyone : @Natalia Without wanting to start the discussion again … violation or not of any philosophy, I never heard how this question affected the At-Large mandate regardless of how we organize ourselves. :-)
21:53:44 From Alan Greenberg to Everyone : Got to go. Thanks all.
21:54:30 From Natalia Filina to Everyone : @David my small experience is also rather telling about it-) but we still have different opinions...-)
21:55:21 From David Mackey to Everyone : @Natalia This is why we are here. To express and listen to different perspectives :-)
21:55:47 From Sarah Kiden to Everyone : +1 to the informal draft
21:56:00 From Natalia Filina to Everyone : Thanks @David. We are. Till the consensus!-)
21:56:07 From Maureen Hilyard to Everyone : @Roberto - sounds like a good idea to me about a draft for RALO discussion
21:56:24 From David Mackey to Everyone : Consensus the way to go, if not the easiest path, lol
21:56:33 From David Mackey to Everyone : Consensus is ...
21:56:44 From Cheryl Langdon-Orr to Everyone : Bye for now then...
21:56:44 From Natalia Filina to Everyone : thanks Roberto, all. Have a good day/night!
21:56:49 From Gopal Tadepalli to Everyone : Wondering if we should say "Notified Publicly" instead of "Posted Publicly". - Dr. T V Gopal
21:56:51 From Sarah Kiden to Everyone : Thank you Roberto and all
21:56:55 From David Mackey to Everyone : Thank you Roberto, Bye All
21:57:05 From Esther Patricia Akello to Everyone : thank you Roberto and all
21:57:06 From Esther Patricia Akello to Everyone : bye