

ALAC 2012.09.25 - AC Chat Transcript

Gisella Gruber-White:Welcome tot the ALAC Monthly call on Tuesday 25 September 2012 at 1400 UTC

Gisella Gruber-White:Agenda: <https://community.icann.org/x/h4soAg>

Alan Greenberg:Good day Gisella. REady for a thrilling meeting? And the inevitable dial-out problems??

Eduardo Diaz:¡Hola a todos!

Cheryl Langdon-Orr:Hola

Alan Greenberg:For those on MADT, the meeting notes from the last meeting are now online in the sandbox - took a LONG time due to complexity of issues discussed.

Cheryl Langdon-Orr:Thanks Alan

JJS:hello, just joined the call, tried voice, could you hear me ?

Gisella Gruber-White:Hello JJS - did you enable microphone?

Gisella Gruber-White:otherwise we will call you - we are on stand by

Salanieta Tamanikaiwaimaro:Hi All, Dropped out of the call

Cheryl Langdon-Orr:they are dialing out to you but it is going to Voice mail

Cheryl Langdon-Orr:they will keep trying

Gisella Gruber-White:Sala - we are still trying to contact you

Garth Bruen:Hello everyone

Gisella Gruber-White:Sala is back

Evan Leibovitch:"we're flying through the agenda" is an invitation for trouble. Just like "let's start".

Cheryl Langdon-Orr:yup Jinx

JJS:I'm back on audio.

Gisella Gruber-White:Oksana has joined the audio

Cheryl Langdon-Orr:well as a ccTLD oporator is expected to work with and on the interests of their local Internet Community and that is our area of interests as well theree IS a clear nexus between the opportunity for new (or revived) ALSes and active ccTLD Managers within ccNSO

Dave Kissoondoyal:Hi all

Gisella Gruber-White:Dave Kissoondoyal joined the call

Heidi Ullrich:Community Input Draft 2013-2016 Strategic Plan just opened

Heidi Ullrich:<http://www.icann.org/en/news/public-comment/stratplan-draft-2013-24sep12-en.htm>

Cheryl Langdon-Orr:literally ealier today

Heidi Ullrich:Comment period ends: 13 November

Gisella Gruber-White:Sala - we are calling you again

Evan Leibovitch:In response to Garth's comments about RAA 3.7.8: maybe we will get a straight(er) answer now that Compliance has been unshackled from Legal. I agree that our next steps must be determined by whether ICANN's approach to 3.7.8 has really changed

Rinalia Abdul Rahim:OK.

Rinalia Abdul Rahim:On it.

Garth Bruen:Of course Sala

Garth Bruen:@Evan, it also changes their accountability level. No more blaming other departments or passing the buck!

Heidi Ullrich:Questions for meeting with Compliance in Toronto: <https://community.icann.org/display/atlarge/At-Large+Compliance+Questions+Toronto+Workspace>

Heidi Ullrich:only one person has submitted questions so far.

Evan Leibovitch:accidentally cut off by phone. dialing back in

Dev Anand Teelucksingh:There was an update on Registrar Accreditation Agreement Amendments : <http://www.icann.org/en/news/announcements/announcement-5-24sep12-en.htm>

Heidi Ullrich:We will be sending the workspace to Maguy at the end of this week.

JJS:ah, audio is back for me. I must have lost last 10 minutes of audio.

Garth Bruen:@Heidi. Thank you but it's problematic. First, I did not see an announcement about this. Second, why a deadline? Third, why is the deadline before the full meeting schedule was posted. Fourth, the last time this was put up in the Wiki I could not post my questions before the deadline due to editing priveleges. Fifth, we submitted detailed quesitons to Compliance which were not answered - this is a major issue.

Gisella Gruber-White:Yaovi has joined the Adobe Connect room

Garth Bruen:@Dev, the amendments do not address the language issue in 3.7.8

Yaovi Atohoun:Sorry. I will be on mte until 15:00

JJS:Olivier & All, did you see Hong's remark? She studied IOC and others, and concluded that it's not possible to differentiate between different international organizations.

Salanieta Tamanikaiwaimaro:@ Garth [US DoC and EC had addressed ICANN on Registry/Registrar SMP; there will soon be precedent in the gTLD space to hold Registries accountable over Registrars and Resellers [can discuss offline]

JJS:(sound back)

JJS:I was just after Sala

Heidi Ullrich:@Garth to answer your questions: 1) the announcement was sent to ALAC-Announce on 11 September with a deadline of 19 September; 2) the deadline is necessary to give the relevant staff time to respond the questions; 3) The full scheduled was posted 24 September, we have extended the deadline to 28 September; 4) anyone should be able to use the comments function to add questions. If you are unable to, please send your questions to staff and we will post them. 5) I can follow up with Compliance regarding the questions you submitted earlier.

Garth Bruen:@Sala, I believe this will only immediately impact new registrars or ones being recredited. Many are still under the old contract even (2001), how many will still be on the 2009 contract for five more years after a new RAA is implimented?

Salanieta Tamanikaiwaimaro:@Garth, ICANN has the power to vary the contracts at any time as the "licensor"

Salanieta Tamanikaiwaimaro:or assignor

Evan Leibovitch:I can barely hear Rinalia

Salanieta Tamanikaiwaimaro:Please call me again

Silvia Vivanco:Difficult tp understand her

Heidi Ullrich:Hi All, the interpretors are unable to interpret Rinalia given the bad audio.

Gisella Gruber-White:Rinalia - please speak up

Gisella Gruber-White:Interpreters are not able to understand

Heidi Ullrich:Sala, we will call you back

Garth Bruen:@Heidi, thanks. The previous issue was my inability to edit the Wiki even after extensive requests from staff. It's a moot point now, but one for the record on this issue.

Salanieta Tamanikaiwaimaro:@ Alan, it does not matter the Final Issues Paper is central to what was put out on the consensus call

Heidi Ullrich:Garth, are you still unable to edit the wiki or was it just that page?

Salanieta Tamanikaiwaimaro:@Alan the suggestions that 2007 Issue Paper had raised was to look at the dispute resolution framework, IOs etc etc

Garth Bruen:@Sala, having the power and using it are different things. If all the Registrars are under a new contract, that's one thing. I doubt they will force any registrar on a new contract before their old one expires. I also think this only applies to the new gTLDs, right?

Gisella Gruber-White:@ ALL - please mute your audio when you are not speaking to avoid interference

Garth Bruen:@Heidi, I can edit now.

Heidi Ullrich:Good to know! Thanks!

Evan Leibovitch:I will personally be voting AGAINST an immediate proposal to create a protected list for the IOC and Red Cross. Even though this is a minority position, I would prefer neither to both.

Evan Leibovitch:I do support the PDP.

Gisella Gruber-White:@ Sala - is your phone battery down? Do you have a land line?

JJS:can't hear Sala

Heidi Ullrich:Sala, we seem to have lost your audio

Salanieta Tamanikawaiwaimaro:Phone died will type it in

Garth Bruen:Sala is having some phone issue

Gisella Gruber-White:ok thanks

Evan Leibovitch:BTW, is nobody in either of the interpretation rooms?

Salanieta Tamanikawaiwaimaro:I would like to say that we have a strong basis to recommend the splitting of the PDPs for the IOC and Red Cross

Salanieta Tamanikawaiwaimaro:I would also like to say that the 2007 Issues Report had addressed the dispute resolution framework, the GNSO was slow on the uptake

Salanieta Tamanikawaiwaimaro:and this was specifically an Issues paper in relation to IOs and IGOs

Heidi Ullrich:We now have quorum

Salanieta Tamanikawaiwaimaro:The Final Review Report is central and fundamental to the issue at hand

Heidi Ullrich:Evan, the interpreters were not able to understand Rinalia

Salanieta Tamanikawaiwaimaro:I vote that we separate the two

Salanieta Tamanikawaiwaimaro:I second it

Evan Leibovitch:I would prefer that ALAC would speak strong AGAINST a temporary list, under the full awareness that the GNSO may proceed with this anyway. I would still suggest that At-Large members continue to participate in GNSO activity as a matter of damage mitigation

Gisella Gruber-White:PLEASE mute your microphones when not speaking

Gisella Gruber-White:PLEASE also STATE YOUR NAMES

Evan Leibovitch:This motion is ONLY for the PDP

Gisella Gruber-White:Otherwise The interpreters do NOT know who is speaking

Salanieta Tamanikawaiwaimaro:I would also recommend to the ALAC that we split the two IOC and RC

JJS:I abstain.

Salanieta Tamanikawaiwaimaro:The Final Issues Report will impact on the reservation issue which is why we need it

Evan Leibovitch:we have a majority of quorum

Dave Kisoondoyal:i am not an ALAC member

Salanieta Tamanikawaiwaimaro:To make a call on the reservation without seeing the final issues may have implications

Tijani BEN JEMAA:no Dave, you are not, but welcome

Tijani BEN JEMAA:I second

Salanieta Tamanikawaiwaimaro:it is my strong recommendation that we have access to the Final Issues Report

Salanieta Tamanikawaiwaimaro:Only for Red Cross

Rinalia Abdul Rahim:Bottom line: Is protecting the Red Cross important? If yes, then they need to be protected regardless of the benefit to the IOC in the interim. Opportunity cost of defensive registrations for the RCs is humanitarian assistance.

JJS:I abstain.

Salanieta Tamanikawaiwaimaro:I am in favour to grant protection solely for Red Cross

Yaovi Atohou:n: abstain

Salanieta Tamanikawaiwaimaro:Please read my comment

Evan Leibovitch:Sala, it's been given to us both or neither

Salanieta Tamanikawaiwaimaro:reservation strictly for Red Cross

Evan Leibovitch:"Evan has a Red Cross" :-P

Salanieta Tamanikawaiwaimaro:which is why the Final Issues Report is critical and my argument is based on "narrowing the exception"

Rinalia Abdul Rahim:I think we all want protection solely for the Red Cross, but the issue is linked.

JJS:I abstain.

Evan Leibovitch:for clarity, they vote here is for both.

Evan Leibovitch:No splitting. both or neither.

Salanieta Tamanikawaiwaimaro:@ Alan, we have the right to ask for a separate the PDP for IOC and Red Cross

Gisella Gruber-White:@ Tijani - we are calling you

Salanieta Tamanikawaiwaimaro:only Red Cross especially if we will be moving to narrow the exceptions that the GAC had proposed as criteria

Salanieta Tamanikawaiwaimaro:and Hong raised excellent points

Salanieta Tamanikawaiwaimaro:@ Alan, no one not even the GNSO IOC RC drafting team has the right to limit our options

Salanieta Tamanikawaiwaimaro:is this for Red Cross only

Evan Leibovitch:@Sala, they don't have a right to limit what we say. But they have asked us a specific question

Olivier Crepin-Leblond:both red cross and IOC are linked for better or worse

Alan Greenberg:Sala, no one is limiting adn options of opinion. But this is effectively a balow with a Yes or a No answer.

Yaovi Atohou 2:I abstain

Salanieta Tamanikawaiwaimaro:Only protection for Red Cross

JJS:I abstain (repeat).

Salanieta Tamanikawaiwaimaro:No for IOC

Heidi Ullrich:Y: Olivier Crépin-Leblond, Eduardo Diaz, Rinalia Abdul Rahim, Sala Tamanikawaiwaimaro, Tijani Ben JemaaA: Yaovi Atohou and Jean-Jacques SubrenatN: Evan Leibovitch

Eduardo Diaz:So Sala's answer is no

Salanieta Tamanikawaiwaimaro:yes

JJS:Olivier, that would be almost the reverse of what Hong remarked...

Salanieta Tamanikawaiwaimaro: The reality is that we were not given the Final Issues Report

Heidi Ullrich:Sala, no is your vote, correct?

Rinalia Abdul Rahim:+1 @Alan

Salanieta Tamanikawaiwaimaro:yes Heidi

Evan Leibovitch:Alan, it's not inconclusive. There is a clear approval, though non unanimous.

Heidi Ullrich:thanks

Salanieta Tamanikawaiwaimaro:because it is something we feel strongly about

Salanieta Tamanikawaiwaimaro:)

Salanieta Tamanikawaiwaimaro:Wait OCL

Salanieta Tamanikawaiwaimaro:Say Subject to Final Issues Report

Salanieta Tamanikawaiwaimaro:the ALAC.....

Heidi Ullrich:Y: 4; N 2; A 2

JJS:no Olivier, I think it would be only fair to give Alan instructions, he can't just go and give an sociological explanation !

Alan Greenberg:@jjs, NOT MY PREFERENCE CERTAINLY, BUT i WILL LIVE WITH IT.

Alan Greenberg:Sorry about shouting. Stick capslock key.

Evan Leibovitch:If I were you I'd feel like shouting anyway.

Alan Greenberg:Sticky

Alan Greenberg:No relief is all I feel

Olivier Crepin-Leblond:Thank you all for this discussion. Alan will let is be known that there's support for PDP. Split regarding IOC/RC if the two are together. More support if the two were separated, with this benefiting the RC.

Salanieta Tamanikawaiwaimaro:Thanks OCL

Salanieta Tamanikawaiwaimaro:Thank you JJ for reminding us of Hong's comments

Rinalia Abdul Rahim:Good summary.

Evan Leibovitch:"crestfallen"? Might be the first time I've ever heard that word within ICANN

Heidi Ullrich:Thanks, Cheryl! Great leadership!

Gisella Gruber-White:It is on its way ...

Gisella Gruber-White:Thursday 27th at 1500 UTC

Heidi Ullrich:Which

Gisella Gruber-White:ROp Metrics SC - on its way

Maureen Hilyard:I've got thursday27th

Cheryl Langdon-Orr:We can but try OCL

Alan Greenberg:TY Gisella

Salanieta Tamanikawaiwaimaro:Yes Maureen we see the sun first in the southern hemisphere

Dev Anand Teelucksingh:gTLD Review Group decisions regarding the comments by IT for Change, India <http://mm.icann.org/pipermail/newgtldrg/2012-September/000158.html>

Maureen Hilyard:I see it last remember....

Cheryl Langdon-Orr:it is already our Wed

Salanieta Tamanikawaiwaimaro:3am to be exact

Salanieta Tamanikawaiwaimaro:generic like book and when Amazon wants .book?

Olivier Crepin-Leblond:yes

Dev Anand Teelucksingh:Suggested timetable for gTLD RG activities during the objection period: <https://community.icann.org/display/newgtldrg/Timeline+for+RG+activities>

Salanieta Tamanikawaiwaimaro:Thank you Dev for the work you are doing on this and the excellent update

Dev Anand Teelucksingh:At-Large new gTLD Applications Dashboard : <http://bit.ly/newgtld>

Salanieta Tamanikawaiwaimaro:It is good to see Parminder and IT 4 Change participating

Dev Anand Teelucksingh:One Page on How ALAC files an objection to a new gTLD application: <https://dl.dropbox.com/u/877052/gTLD-RG/At-Large-Objection-Process-final.pdf>

Evan Leibovitch:Yeah, even if they're dead wrong

Sebastien:http://www.circleid.com/posts/20120925_letter_to_icann_brands_proposed_usage_generic_domain_extensions/

Evan Leibovitch:The logical holes and lack of creative thinking shown in the IT for Change position is disheartening

Cheryl Langdon-Orr:Michele Neylon: <http://blog.blacknight.com/letter-to-icann-on-big-brands-proposed-usage-of-generic-domain-extensions.html>

Dev Anand Teelucksingh:Various links on the new gTLD WG space : <https://community.icann.org/display/atlarge/Discussion+++Private+gTLDs>

Salanieta Tamanikawaiwaimaro:No it gives an indication of how they will be when they participate

Evan Leibovitch:I understand the registrar pushback. The public interest rationale against private TLDs is far weaker.

Salanieta Tamanikawaiwaimaro:Requestif the staff can send the ALAC these links to the mailing list, so that our other colleagues can benefit

Dev Anand Teelucksingh:Tijani hand is raised

Heidi Ullrich:Thanks, Sala. Will do.

Salanieta Tamanikawaiwaimaro:Thanks Sebastien, CLO and Dev for the links

Salanieta Tamanikawaiwaimaro:Thanks Heidi

Salanieta Tamanikawaiwaimaro:Please speak louder Tijani

Gisella Gruber-White:@ Tijani - please speak up

Salanieta Tamanikawaiwaimaro:Sandra is doing excellent in her role, I agree Olivier

Evan Leibovitch:I find it surprising how few in-scope gTLD objections (ie, zero) were submitted to the review team. In retrospect, none of the feared deluge of offensive strings and phony community groups actually happened.

Tijani BEN JEMAA:Thank you sébastien, I was fitting for splitting

Yaovi Atohoun:I was muted

Yaovi Atohoun:by the staff

Cheryl Langdon-Orr:*7

Salanieta Tamanikawaiwaimaro:*7

Gisella Gruber-White:We are unmuting yaovi

Gisella Gruber-White:Unmuted

Alan Greenberg:I have checked our actual rules. (this is not something we have gotten to in the RoP MADT DT. The rule says: "A motion shall be considered approved if at least five ALAC members cast a non-abstaining vote, and if the number of votes in favour of the motion is higher than the number of votes against." In this case, there were 6 non-abstaining votes, so the tally of Yes vs No is 4 to 2 supporting the motion. I will, however, make sure the DT understands how divided the ALAC is, particularly over the two organizations not being separated.

Olivier Crepin-Leblond:thank Alan

Yaovi Atohoun:Please continue

Gisella Gruber-White:Yaovi - we are calling you

Heidi Ullrich:Meeting schedule: <http://toronto45.icann.org/full-schedule>

Salanieta Tamanikawaiwaimaro:Thank you Alan

Heidi Ullrich>Please note that there are several meetings on outreach/stakeholder engagement in Toronto.

Heidi Ullrich:Questions to the Board: <https://community.icann.org/display/atlarge/At-Large+ICANN+Board+Questions+Toronto+Workspace>

Gisella Gruber-White:Cheryl - this is your line - you have been muted

Salanieta Tamanikawaiwaimaro:It will be populated soon

Heidi Ullrich:GAC/ALAC leadership breakfast questions: <https://community.icann.org/display/atlarge/At-Large+GAC+Questions+Toronto+Workspace>

Yaovi Atohoun:When I said by staff it is because my line was making noise. Waiting to be called back

Gisella Gruber-White: Yes Yaovi - we are calling you

Salanieta Tamanikawaiwaimaro: @ Heidi, would you also be able to include this in the email to the ALAC, apologise if you have sent it already

Evan Leibovitch: Heidi: I've already sent my entries for the GAC issues by skype. Do I need to recall them for the (now blank) workspace

Evan Leibovitch: ?

Heidi Ullrich: Include what, Sala?

Heidi Ullrich: @Evan, I recall the questions that the ExCom suggested

Gisella Gruber-White: Yaovi - we are not able to connect you yet

Salanieta Tamanikawaiwaimaro: sorry Heidi my chat came out wrong, I mean to say, I apologise if I am asking you to do something that Staff has already done

Heidi Ullrich: Yaovi, Adigo has tried to call you 2x. They are getting a message.

Salanieta Tamanikawaiwaimaro: which is to ask for the links to be sent again in relation to alac questions

Heidi Ullrich: Sala, staff sent out the links to the question wiki pages on 11 September

Heidi Ullrich: We can send them out again.

Salanieta Tamanikawaiwaimaro: thank you Heidi, again my apologies

Dev Anand Teelucksingh: GAC High Level Meeting: <http://toronto45.icann.org/gac-hlm>

Heidi Ullrich: At-Large workspace on the GAC high level meeting: <https://community.icann.org/display/atlarge/At-Large+GAC+High+Level+Meeting+Workspace>

Gisella Gruber-White: Yaovi is back

Yaovi Atohou: @Olivier. I am back but please continue with the agenda

Heidi Ullrich: Busy Monday schedule for At-Large: <https://community.icann.org/display/atlarge/At-Large+Meetings++Monday%2C+15+October+2012>

Heidi Ullrich: Also, there is a two hour Welcome Ceremony - 8:30-10:30 on Monday

Salanieta Tamanikawaiwaimaro: Yes

Heidi Ullrich: Public Forum question wiki: <https://community.icann.org/display/atlarge/At-Large+Topics+for+Public+Forum+in+Toronto+Workspace>

Evan Leibovitch: (I would note that the Public Forum comments, including the one on separation of Compliance from ICANN Legal were preceded by an explicit disclaimer they were personal views and not of ALAC.)

Salanieta Tamanikawaiwaimaro: @ Evan it does not matter as long as we got the result

Salanieta Tamanikawaiwaimaro: lol

Rinalia Abdul Rahim: Yes

Dev Anand Teelucksingh: heard it

JJS: that's me too!

Salanieta Tamanikawaiwaimaro: @ 1 min

Salanieta Tamanikawaiwaimaro: I will make my comments inline

JJS: @Evan +1. Something like "Domain names and the global public interest".

Salanieta Tamanikawaiwaimaro: we have members of At Large who are Registries that may be interested in this so we would like to reserve the option to retain the Domain Name Monetisation

Salanieta Tamanikawaiwaimaro: It would be great to see the link to this paper

Olivier Crepin-Leblond: <http://archive.icann.org/en/policy/briefs/domain-name-monetization-jun08-en.pdf>

Salanieta Tamanikawaiwaimaro: Thanks OCL

Salanieta Tamanikawaiwaimaro: I agree with Alan

Yaovi Atohou: I support that too

Cheryl Langdon-Orr: agree Alan

Dev Anand Teelucksingh: agree with Alan

Heidi Ullrich: Regarding length, the previous briefing papers were 4 pages Is this ok for the new ones as well?

Salanieta Tamanikawaiwaimaro: This also relates to the OECD Ottawa principles and has implications on Whois aside from competition law etc

Heidi Ullrich: so far the topics are: Whois, New gTLDs, Domain Name Monetization...

Cheryl Langdon-Orr: if it is a folded A3 approach in hard copy yes prefer soft of course#

Rinalia Abdul Rahim: IDN

Evan Leibovitch: @Alan: are we talking about policy change or just documentation?

Salanieta Tamanikawaiwaimaro: We can always remind them that the DoC and the EC have also raised SMP issues etc

Heidi Ullrich: Yes, I wasn't sure either :)

Heidi Ullrich: so: IDN, Whois, New gTLDs...

Rinalia Abdul Rahim: I think standing policy should be issues that ALAC is actively dealing with requires updated briefs

Evan Leibovitch: I think that IDN, IPv6 are still important and need refreshes

Heidi Ullrich: and then some updating of factsheets: IPv6

Maureen Hilyard: From a user perspective they'd be good starters

Alan Greenberg: @Evan. I was talking policy. Certainly one could update factsheet with impunity.

Salanieta Tamanikawaiwaimaro: Thanks Maureen

Heidi Ullrich: IDN - policy brief or just an update of the factsheet?

Evan Leibovitch: The monetization and gTLD papers probably need substantial update beyond refresh

Salanieta Tamanikawaiwaimaro: Excellent point

Salanieta Tamanikawaiwaimaro: Policy Brief

Rinalia Abdul Rahim: Policy Brief

Alan Greenberg: Unclear if prohibiting monetization is even in ICANN's remit. Issue that *might* apply is *registrar* doing it.

Salanieta Tamanikawaiwaimaro: and Fact sheet

Heidi Ullrich: So, should the IDN topic wait a bit?

Alan Greenberg: Monetization done by others is largely just a business and I don't think we would get far trying to prohibit business on the Internet.

Heidi Ullrich: So we can start with policy briefings on Whois and New gTLDs from the At-Large perspective. Is that correct?

Heidi Ullrich: Correct, Evan. That is my understanding re the difference of policy briefings and factsheets.

Rinalia Abdul Rahim: Policy briefs like brochures should be live documents, continuously updated as the issues expand.

Heidi Ullrich: Well, at least updating them every four years :)

Rinalia Abdul Rahim:)

Maureen Hilyard: I like the idea of brochure type information sheets to inform.. especially for new ALs

Salanieta Tamanikawaiwaimaro: Policy brief on the Domain Name Monetization

Olivier Crepin-Leblond: ok

Rinalia Abdul Rahim: @Heidi, a lot can happen in 4 years.

Heidi Ullrich: indeed!

Salanieta Tamanikawaiwaimaro: The IPv6 policy brief and needs slight updating

Evan Leibovitch: Standing agenda item: update the documentation after each Olympics

Rinalia Abdul Rahim: LOL

Salanieta Tamanikawaiwaimaro:lol

Heidi Ullrich:We will be working with the ALAC on the development of the new text.

Salanieta Tamanikawaiwaimaro:Thanks Heidi

Salanieta Tamanikawaiwaimaro:it is within our scope it intersects with abuse of dominant position and egregious market behaviour

JJS:Alan, Evan: that's why, if we put out a policy paper, and considering the user community it is aimed at, I would like a broad title such as "Domain names and the global public interest".

Heidi Ullrich:Thanks, All!

Heidi Ullrich:Glad we'll be able to update these!

Heidi Ullrich:<https://community.icann.org/display/atlarge/New+SOIs>

Evan Leibovitch:Is there a defined WG/DT already established for working on such documentation?

Evan Leibovitch:(ie, policy briefs and fact sheets.)

Heidi Ullrich:Evan, a consultant will be drafting these documents

Evan Leibovitch:We could always put them up in wiki form and work on them that way.

Maureen Hilyard:It would be a good idea to allow end users to have some input in the information that is delivered.

Maureen Hilyard:a wiki would allow for such feedback

Rinalia Abdul Rahim:2 more minutes left.

Heidi Ullrich:We can create wiki pages once the drafts are created

Heidi Ullrich:Ken is the same person who helped us with the SOIs - and is the person who informed me about the wiki translation tool!

Olivier Crepin-Leblond:@Maureen -- there was a consultation in past months as to what items one wanted to see on an SOI

Dave Kissoondoyal:Sorry I need to leave now

Dave Kissoondoyal:bye to all

Maureen Hilyard:I was referring to commenting on the briefing paper documentation

Salanieta Tamanikawaiwaimaro:@CLO I love your pic on your SOI

Yaovi Atohoun:Noted

Cheryl Langdon-Orr:Sala it was taken in Prague

Salanieta Tamanikawaiwaimaro:so beautiful and full of life

Cheryl Langdon-Orr:good photographer

Salanieta Tamanikawaiwaimaro:Thanks OCL, I will put up my SOI too as per your instructions

Heidi Ullrich:Tijani, Mandy did respond to your question

Cheryl Langdon-Orr:bye all thanks OCL

JJS:Goodbye all!

Rinalia Abdul Rahim:Thank you all. Bye.

Yaovi Atohoun:Merci beaucoup

Salanieta Tamanikawaiwaimaro:Thank you OCL and all!!!

Maureen Hilyard:Bye all..Have a great meeting in Toronto

Dev Anand Teelucksingh:Take care all

Maureen Hilyard:I'll be there remotely when I can

Cheryl Langdon-Orr:see you F2F Safe Travels

Eduardo Diaz:adios

Salanieta Tamanikawaiwaimaro:Goodbye, thank you Staff

Salanieta Tamanikawaiwaimaro:)

Salanieta Tamanikawaiwaimaro:You are awesome as always

Gisella Gruber-White:Thank you Sala

Gisella Gruber-White:Thank you everyone and enjoy the rest of this week