

# Past Teleconferences

## 27 April 2016

### Agenda >>

1. What databases we're using now (NP).
2. What the At-Large website currently offers (AL, CA)
3. What information we would need available (all)
4. What web team think we can do? (LB, CA)
5. Latest website updates (LB, CA)

### Participants >>

**Attendance:** Alan Greenberg

**Staff:** Laura Bengford, Corinna Ace, Heidi Ullrich, Ariel Liang, Nathalie Peregrine, Terri Agnew

### Adobe Connect Chat >>

Terri Agnew:Welcome to the ALAC Website and ALS Database call held on Wednesday, 27 April 2016 at 18:00 UTC

Terri Agnew:Website wiki: <https://community.icann.org/x/tMPhAg>

Terri Agnew:ALS Criteria and Expectations Work Space:<https://community.icann.org/x/AohCAw>

Terri Agnew:Hello, this call will start a few minutes late. Others are finishing up on another call.

Laura Bengford:Thank you Terri.

Terri Agnew:Joining in the next few minutes

Terri Agnew:we are joining now

Nathalie Peregrine:excellent!

Laura Bengford:I understand your point Alan

Ariel Liang:I'm sharing my screen now and it may help better illustrate the front-end / back-end ALS database that Laura is talking about

Ariel Liang:\*front-facing

Nathalie Peregrine:Currently empty as this precise ALS was accredited BEFORE the online form was available

Laura Bengford:Ariel, you may want to show the Application Form also. The question is do we need to keep an audit trail in the DB for changes or if keeping a PDF of it is sufficient

Nathalie Peregrine:That was going to be my next question.

Nathalie Peregrine:We would need one application form repository and a contact info separate page (updatable)

Laura Bengford:Or maybe keep in the DB, the original application data and the current.

Nathalie Peregrine:Agree, database would have far less information than the application form currently contains

Nathalie Peregrine:I can happily work with Laura, Corinna and Ariel, and keep Alan in the loop.

Laura Bengford:Thanks Nathalie.

Nathalie Peregrine:YAY thanks!

### Action Items >>

- ☐ The geo coordinates of the ALSes in the Google map need to be part of the database

[Adobe Connect recording](#)

[MP3 Recording](#)

[Transcription EN](#)

## 22 February 2016

### Agenda >>

1. Content/Demo
2. Translations
3. Migration
4. Accessibility
5. Next Steps
6. Launch - Feb 24

#### **Participants >>**

EN: Olivier Crepin-Leblond, Alan Greenberg

Apologies: None

Staff: Heidi Ullrich, Ariel Liang, Laura Bengford, Mark Segall, Marc Salvatierra, John Diep, Yeim Nazlar

#### **Adobe Connect Chat >>**

Yesim Nazlar: Welcome to today's At-Large Website Revamp Call taking place on Monday, 22 February 2016 at 19:00 UTC

Alan Greenberg: I guess we are using 3535 (since no subscriber on 1638)?

Yesim Nazlar: Yes Alan, 3535 please

Laura Bengford: Welcome everyone! We are pleased to be providing a final review of new At Large website and prepare for Launch!

Laura Bengford: Marc Salvatierra is staff Yesim

Yesim Nazlar: Thank you very much Laura!

Ariel Liang: <https://newatlarge.icann.org/>

Heidi Ullrich: Could Advice Development be changed to Policy Advice Development, please?

Heidi Ullrich: Is there any way we could select by Open WGs and By Appointment WGs?

Heidi Ullrich: And to go one step farther, is there any way we could (manually most likely) note which WGs have openings?

Laura Bengford: Thanks Alan, good point. We'll address that

Laura Bengford: We also need to fix that for Accessibility. That is logged.

Alan Greenberg: Grammar police!

Laura Bengford: These are easy things to change in our content editor!

Laura Bengford: I think the group type will evolve, to your point Heidi. We can certainly easily update that.

Laura Bengford: We are not changing the existing process for mailing list, just directing folks to it.

Marc Salvatierra: @TEAM if you'll please excuse me for 15 minutes -- I need to help troubleshoot an issue -- thanks

Laura Bengford: Sure Marc, thanks

Yesim Nazlar: Thanks for letting us know Marc!

Laura Bengford: Oh dear, you are good Olivier!

Heidi Ullrich: Wow, impressive, Olivier!

Laura Bengford: If there is anything you are seeing that is a showstopper for Launch, please flag that. Otherwise, we will fix after launch.

Laura Bengford: Good suggestion Alan. Maybe change link text to Explore all ALAC Members and Liasons

Laura Bengford: We do not generally display email addresses for purposes of bots scraping websites, but we can check with legal on the icon.

Heidi Ullrich: Could we use the format of the Board page: <https://www.icann.org/resources/pages/board-of-directors>

Laura Bengford: Yes agreed Olivier, we'll check on this.

Heidi Ullrich: The Board site doesn't have their emails on it

Heidi Ullrich: Could the emails be removed before launch?

Laura Bengford: I think so Heidi, I'm checking

Heidi Ullrich: Thanks. Both from ALAC and RALOs leaders, please

Heidi Ullrich: It is : from the ALAC to the GNSO

Olivier Crepin-Leblond: AKA the Hilyard Twins

Laura Bengford:We could spend months, fixing photos :)

Laura Bengford:We should click to Profile to learn that?

Laura Bengford:Or point to another page?

Olivier Crepin-Leblond:we should put medals under the names. so 10 years and you get a gold medal. 5 year silver. 3 years bronze. Also for each wrking group you get a medal too. So you can end up with huge medal collections under each name. Very Soviet style. And the Accountability CCWG gets you a chocolate medal.

Laura Bengford:I think they call those "Badges" Olivier.

Olivier Crepin-Leblond:like the Scouts, yes!

Laura Bengford:The important thing about the generic content is it allows At Large to easily add more content, regional , RALO, etc.

Olivier Crepin-Leblond:but jikin aside, the concept of badges is often used. Ebay's star seller badge is a living proof that this works really well. So we could have a different colour badge next to an ALAC member that shows how many years of experience they have

Olivier Crepin-Leblond:of course we need to make sure it doesn't end up dividing the community as some people will claim they should have a better badge than others

Alan Greenberg:<http://gnso.icann.org/en/about/gnso-council.htm>

Marc Salvatierra:looks like Arabic is aligned left but flows right-to-left

Marc Salvatierra:alignment is what needs to be adjusted

Heidi Ullrich:Is that document available in the 5 UN?

Heidi Ullrich:If not, it would be a challenge for people who don't EN to read how to get to a translation tool...

Ariel Liang:We can send to translation service to translate that document and add it to the top navigation

Heidi Ullrich:Yes, please Ariel

Ariel Liang:okay

Heidi Ullrich:9 mins until Transition call

Alan Greenberg:My mistake, Google translate did not support Kingon (although Bing translate does). But Google does support a Klingon search interface [https://www.google.com/?gfe\\_rd=cr&ei=9W3LVuRN6IzxB-iZsrgE&gws\\_rd=cr&fg=1](https://www.google.com/?gfe_rd=cr&ei=9W3LVuRN6IzxB-iZsrgE&gws_rd=cr&fg=1)

Ariel Liang:In case you are curious about this migration spreadsheet: <https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/12ynw1CaQOHnkhndZKFBzBTylo9FXLUbFllu0ddlbEfM/edit?usp=sharing>

Olivier Crepin-Leblond:Excellent news re: accessibility

Ariel Liang:Accessibility info on wiki: <https://community.icann.org/x/M4s0Aw>

Marc Salvatierra:@ALL I have a hard stop -- have a great day ahead

Ariel Liang:thank you for joining Marc!

Heidi Ullrich:@Laura, if launch goes ahead, will there be a note that content is being updated, still and list the major milestones ahead?

Heidi Ullrich:A huge well done to all involved!!!

Heidi Ullrich:what a project!

Laura Bengford:Thank you everyone!!!

Olivier Crepin-Leblond:maybe you can call it "Admin Log-In"

**Action Items >>**

[Adobe Connect recording](#)

[MP3 Recording](#)

[Transcription EN](#)

**23 November 2015**

## Agenda >>

1. ALAC Page (5 min)
2. Progress update: Content migration, ALS application tracking/form (5 min)
3. Get Involved mockup presentation & discussion (75 min)
4. AoB (5 min)

## Participants >>

Alan Greenberg, Olivier Crepin-Leblond, Dev Anand Teelucksingh

**Apologies:** Ali AIMeshal

**Staff:** Heidi Ullrich, Ariel Liang, Gisella Gruber, Jeff Salem, Laura Bengford

## Adobe Connect Chat >>

Terri Agnew:Welcome to the At-Large Website Revamp call on 23 November 2015 at 19:00 UTC

Terri Agnew:main workspace: <https://community.icann.org/x/tMPhAg>

Jeff Salem:Hi Gisella - I need to be unmuted

Alan Greenberg:adigo code? Agenda says 3535 but that is same as last meeting.

Laura Bengford:It is 1638

Alan Greenberg:Thanks Laura

Jeff Salem:I need my mic turned on

Laura Bengford:Jeff, you need to dial in via phone

Jeff Salem:thank you

Alan Greenberg:That's what I presumed.

Alan Greenberg:On bridge now.

Alan Greenberg:I have a hard stop at the 90 minute mark.

Laura Bengford:Would all ALAC leaders have icann profiles?

Ariel Liang:noted Alan

Dev Anand Teelucksingh:Interesting point re: noting the country of origin for ALAC members ; should the ALS the ALAC member is be noted also ?

Olivier Crepin-Leblond:My comment on the country list is because at the moment in the staff list, the country listing is not consistent. Some staff have no country listed. Some staff have their nationality listed. Some have the country of the office they are in listed

Dev Anand Teelucksingh:I mean, we're not the GAC ; I understand the need to show the diversity of ALAC to highlight the country, but 2/3 of the ALAC comes from ALSes in RALOs...I'm thinking the ALS should be noted/listed as well

Olivier Crepin-Leblond:@Dev: good point

Laura Bengford:Ariel, can you show the status dropdown

Olivier Crepin-Leblond:Current public space about decertified At-Large Structures: <https://community.icann.org/display/atlarge/Former+At-Large+Structures+Workspace>

Jeff Salem:Gisella - I lost my mic & host status when I got disconnected

Dev Anand Teelucksingh:Especially because an ALS can challenge their decertification with the ICANN Board and/or Ombudsman

Dev Anand Teelucksingh:So Transparency is important

Laura Bengford:We can work with the rules

Alan Greenberg:We do not need to debate the rules here. This is a web discussion.

Laura Bengford:We can also discuss the webpage with the ALS taskforce as well when ready

Ariel Liang:MVP = minimal viable product

Dev Anand Teelucksingh:;-) just recently, one person who joined At-large in 8 weeks became an ALAC member :-)

Laura Bengford:In order to be a member of RALO, you have to belong to an ALS or be an individual member, is that right?

Dev Anand Teelucksingh:@Laura - yes, you have to be an ALS to be a member of a RALO ; RALOs have different rules allowing individuals

Laura Bengford:Thanks Dev.

Olivier Crepin-Leblond:@Dev: not in all regions. Some regions have individual members, so you do not need to be a member of an ALS

Dev Anand Teelucksingh:Yes, that's what I said, RALOs have different rules allowing individuals ; some RALOs do ; some RALOs do not and are moving to explicitly block individuals

Dev Anand Teelucksingh:I should say one RALO in particular is moving to block individuals ;-)

Olivier Crepin-Leblond:@Alan: you're spot on regarding having people joint GNSO working groups. Remove the leadership roles that open up only every few years and replace those with the opportunities in GNSO working groups

Olivier Crepin-Leblond:@Dev: I note that this one RALO is actually acting against the recommendations of the last At-Large Review process.

Laura Bengford:Should Leadership section go to a different page altogether or remain on WIKI? One idea we were experimenting is how to show the stakeholder journey. Maybe this is premature. Also how would be best articulate the expectations and qualification?

Dev Anand Teelucksingh:Well, we can highlight/list the "public facing" WGs

Dev Anand Teelucksingh:that can accept volunteers, open to all, etc

Laura Bengford:Maybe "Listen" v. "Join"

Laura Bengford:Follow

Dev Anand Teelucksingh:Yeah follow the group/WG

Ariel Liang:'observe' v. 'join'

Alan Greenberg:Sounds closer to what we need

Laura Bengford:I just lost my audio

Olivier Crepin-Leblond:+1 Alan - "Contributing to our Efforts" is where we need to have the information on the different ways to get involved

Olivier Crepin-Leblond:sub-pages regarding ALS or RALO or whatever - but on this page let's have only links to these places

Laura Bengford:Actually in this mockup, 'Mailing List' is the call to action for 'Follow'. Join is the higher level option. We will have to revisit based on today's discussion.

Laura Bengford:Thank you everyone!

Ariel Liang:bye bye

#### Action Items >>

- ☒ Ariel Liang to share the mockup of revised Get Involved page with Dev Anand Teelucksingh & Outreach & Engagement Subcommittee
- ☒ Ariel Liang to organize a taskforce call with regard to Working Group tool that Steve Allison & Jeff Salem have been working on

#### Adobe Connect recording

#### MP3 Recording

#### Transcription EN

## 20 August 2015 - APRALO Brainstorm Session

#### Meeting notes

#### Agenda >>

##### Agenda

1. Progress overview
2. Discussion

#### Participants: >>>

##### Participants:

Ali AlMeshal, Maureen Hilyard, Siranush Vardanyan, Cheryl Langdon Orr, Holly Raiche

**Staff:** Ariel Liang, Jeff Salem, Kim Carlson, Terri Agnew, Laura Bengford

**Adobe Connect Chat >>**

Kimberly Carlson:Welcome to the APRALO's Website Brainstorm Session

Kimberly Carlson:Meeting page: <https://community.icann.org/x/tMPhAg>

Kimberly Carlson:Welcome Maureen

Terri Agnew:@Maureen, weird sounds are coming from your mic

Siranush Vardanyan:hi, everyone

Siranush Vardanyan:ok, Terry, noted

Ali AlMeshal:hi everyone

Siranush Vardanyan:hi, Ali and Maureen. son is sleeping, so can be in adobe only an

Ali AlMeshal:most important Siranush you don't get sleep during the call ...hahah

Maureen Hilyard:I've had two meetings already this morning and a couple of hours sleep..I'll probably drop off :)

Siranush Vardanyan:))) that may n

Ariel Liang:Hello all! welcome to the brainstorm session

Siranush Vardanyan:that may always happen, Ali:)))

Maureen Hilyard:Like you Cheryl... the ccNSO meeting went on for 2 hours..

Maureen Hilyard:starting at 2am for me..

Siranush Vardanyan:Maureen, you still have flu?

Maureen Hilyard:Siranush...getting over it slowly!

Siranush Vardanyan:goice is still not get

Maureen Hilyard:Im going to Wellington in NZ next week - 4 degrees - flu again???

Siranush Vardanyan:sorry, typing via phone is always a challenge;)

Maureen Hilyard:Looking good, Ariel

Cheryl Langdon-Orr ALAC - APRegional Member:The numbers change the topics at this stage do not Holly

Cheryl Langdon-Orr ALAC - APRegional Member:Yup Jeff it is a dynamic ;-)

Maureen Hilyard:We have an introduction to APRALO in our Rules of Procedure

Cheryl Langdon-Orr ALAC - APRegional Member:Yup we can quote thast Maureen

Cheryl Langdon-Orr ALAC - APRegional Member:kliterasly as a masthead on the page

Holly Raiche:good question Maaureen

Holly Raiche:And goodd point - does it use ICANN language, or language that people use in their daily lives

Siranush Vardanyan:related to current issues or activities, apralo wiki space is constantly being updated and info is posted

Siranush Vardanyan:we can link to wiki space as well

Holly Raiche:True - it hopefully will be useful for members to easily find what they are looking for - as well as attract newbies - a hard call

Siranush Vardanyan:+1Cheryl

Maureen Hilyard:+Cheryl

Cheryl Langdon-Orr ALAC - APRegional Member:Good Jeff thanks

Holly Raiche:Just a thought - have a clear way for users to find out what all the acronyms stand for

Siranush Vardanyan:both are important

Holly Raiche:@ Siranush +1

Maureen Hilyard:Yes Jeff.. it is a hard call when we have to address the different objectives of the RALO role - recruit and retain

Siranush Vardanyan:mous, webinars

Cheryl Langdon-Orr ALAC - APRegional Member:the theme is Celebrating not increasing Diversity

Maureen Hilyard:APAC Hub - related, CROPP -related activities

Maureen Hilyard:Yes selective - the activities have to be specifically ICANN-related

Maureen Hilyard:Partnerships with regional organisations and collaborative efforts

Ali AIMeshal:can you hear me

Cheryl Langdon-Orr ALAC - APRegional Member:Also various Regional and Sub Regionsla as well as Country based activities like our IGF works

Cheryl Langdon-Orr ALAC - APRegional Member:I do hope so Ali

Cheryl Langdon-Orr ALAC - APRegional Member:ALSes tend to do more than has to do with ICANN but a RAL should be ICANN Core value and mission focussed

Cheryl Langdon-Orr ALAC - APRegional Member:Wow ahead of the game for once

Maureen Hilyard:The individual nature of each ALS contributes to the diversity of the views and opinions of each ALS.. so sometimes it is really interesting to see what they are doing in their own countries

Cheryl Langdon-Orr ALAC - APRegional Member:Exactly Maureen

Ali AIMeshal:+1 Maureen

Cheryl Langdon-Orr ALAC - APRegional Member:Probably with no more than a shared calander for events but the ability to link to other RAALO activities should be as Holly outlined not much more IMO

Cheryl Langdon-Orr ALAC - APRegional Member:Yup ability to drill down to more info of other RALOS

Cheryl Langdon-Orr ALAC - APRegional Member:but that could be from the Parent ALAC page anyway ues

Ali AIMeshal:Yes a tab to Other Ralo will be great and then drop down

Maureen Hilyard:Yes.. the parent RALO page can link regional pages and activities

Ariel Liang:<https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1FEm44uwMNdplK1TVbqTwkQhH0qUqXfGTGkKNhO-gb-k/edit?usp=sharing>

Cheryl Langdon-Orr ALAC - APRegional Member::-)

Terri Agnew:Sending now

Cheryl Langdon-Orr ALAC - APRegional Member:Thx Terri

Ali AIMeshal:i was never ever comfortable with Wiki

Maureen Hilyard:We have always asked for a one-stop-shop for information or somewhere where we can get the info we need..

Holly Raiche:This map is useful - any chance of a site map for RALOs on the home page for RALOs

Cheryl Langdon-Orr ALAC - APRegional Member:Yup that is a good way to go IMO Jeff

Maureen Hilyard:+1 Jeff

Maureen Hilyard:So the website will be general information that the staff will put together from our workspaces?

Cheryl Langdon-Orr ALAC - APRegional Member:I think most of us assumed we would be dealing with just the first 4 questions in this call Ariel not double the amount ( assuming you did actually \*want\* feedback from us on this call to the questions posed

Cheryl Langdon-Orr ALAC - APRegional Member:The ability to link out to the ALSes page is important IMO

Siranush Vardanyan:+1Holly

Ali AIMeshal:+1 Holly

Cheryl Langdon-Orr ALAC - APRegional Member:We should use more SM

Cheryl Langdon-Orr ALAC - APRegional Member: so set it up and we will get it going

Cheryl Langdon-Orr ALAC - APRegional Member:The full suite of SM not just a FB page

Maureen Hilyard:+1 Cheryl

Holly Raiche:I'd say go a bit slowly - let's get the webpages right first

Siranush Vardanyan:and we have pavan in social media wg and can ask him to keep the fb page and he also twittering a lot on ap activities

Cheryl Langdon-Orr ALAC - APRegional Member:Exactly Ariel

Maureen Hilyard:We are using individual FB pages for RALO pics etc.. it would be more convenient to have one site.. :)

Cheryl Langdon-Orr ALAC - APRegional Member:not so simple for OUR divers Region ;-)

Siranush Vardanyan:+1Maureen

Cheryl Langdon-Orr ALAC - APRegional Member:As I said Yes where useful

Cheryl Langdon-Orr ALAC - APRegional Member:when a great 'bable fish' app comes along sure but only worthy MT is worthwhile

Cheryl Langdon-Orr ALAC - APRegional Member:I assume we may need to meet again before go live ;-)

Ali AlMeshal:bye all

Cheryl Langdon-Orr ALAC - APRegional Member:Bye all

Cheryl Langdon-Orr ALAC - APRegional Member:Thanks everyone :-)

Ariel Liang:yes we will meet again :)

Ariel Liang:before going live

Ariel Liang:thanks all for attending

[Adobe Recording](#)

[Audio Recording](#)

[Transcript](#)

## 14 August 2015 - AFRALO Brainstorm Session

[Meeting notes](#)

**Agenda >>**

**Agenda**

1. Progress overview
2. Discussion

**Participants: >>**

**Participants:**

EN: Tijani Ben Jemaa, Beran Gillen

FR: Aziz Hilali

Apologies:

Staff: Laura Bengford, Ariel Liang, Silvia Vivanco, Jeff Salem, Terri Agnew

**Adobe Connect Chat >>**

Terri Agnew>Welcome to the AFRALO's Website Brainstorm Session on 14 August 2015 at 17:00 UTC

Terri Agnew: At-Large Website Revamp Taskforce Workspace: <https://community.icann.org/x/tMPhAg>

Ariel Liang>Welcome Aziz

Aziz:Thank you Ariel

Laura Bengford>Welcome Everyone!

Laura Bengford:Yes, making it easier to post and link to the calendar.

Aziz:<https://community.icann.org/display/AFRALO/AFRALO+ALSes+Spotlight>

Ariel Liang:thank you for the link Aziz

Silvia Vivanco:Do you mean a link to other RALOs?



Silvia Vivanco:so they are linked

Silvia Vivanco:there may be cross-regional projects

Silvia Vivanco:maybe those could go

Terri Agnew>Welcome Beran Gillen

Silvia Vivanco:correct the GSE- LACRALO and GSE- APRALO Webinars

Terri Agnew:Lost interpreter (FR)

Silvia Vivanco:right on Ariel!

Laura Bengford:Yes, thank you.

Silvia Vivanco:we hear FR in EN

Ariel Liang:<https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1FEm44uwMNdpIK1TVbqTwkQhH0qUqXfGTGkKNhO-gb-k/edit?usp=sharing>

Aziz:Good i

Aziz:dea

Silvia Vivanco:yes I was

Laura Bengford:More French speakers than English. That is key.

Silvia Vivanco:Exactly Laura, the same is in LACRALO more Spanish than EN

Silvia Vivanco:so we have 2 truly bilingual regions

Silvia Vivanco:the website must be bilingual

Laura Bengford:For the inventory of AFRALO statements, we can include a filtered view of statements on the RALO page.

Laura Bengford:Great point Aziz.

Laura Bengford:Thank you everyone!!

Silvia Vivanco:Excellent call thank you all for great feedback

## Adobe Recording

Audio Recording [EN](#), [FR](#)

Transcript [EN](#), [FR](#)

## 12 August 2015 - LACRALO Brainstorm Session

### Meeting notes

#### Agenda >>

#### Agenda

1. Progress overview
2. Discussion

#### Participants: >>

#### Participants:

EN: Vanda Scartezini, Dev Anand Teelucksingh

ES: Humberto Carrasco, Alberto Soto, Juan Manuel Rojas

Staff: Laura Bengford, Ariel Liang, Jeff Salem, Terri Agnew

#### Adobe Connect Chat >>

Terri Agnew>Welcome to the LACRALO's Website Brainstorm Session on 12 August 2015 at 22:00 UTC

Terri Agnew:At-Large Website Revamp Taskforce Workspace: <https://community.icann.org/x/tMPhAg>

VANDA:hi Terry

Laura Bengford:Hello Everyone, welcome!

VANDA:Hola Alberto como estas?

VANDA:hi LAura,

Terri Agnew:Adobe connect is joined on English, please let me know if a dial out is needed for the Spanish Channel for audio

VANDA:hola Silvia,

Laura Bengford:Hi Vanda!!

Alberto Soto:Olá Vanda!!

VANDA:hi Ariel

Laura Bengford:Hola Alberto!

Ariel Liang:hello all

Laura Bengford:Let's hold till 3:05

Laura Bengford:Oops, 22:05 UTC

Alberto Soto:Hola a todos! Hello everyone!

Alberto Soto: Humberto is to connect now

Dev Anand Teelucksingh:Hello everyone

Terri Agnew>Welcome Humberto Carrasco

Laura Bengford:Interesting, the ALS activities.

Humberto Carrasco:Hello everybody

Laura Bengford:This website, <http://icannlac.org/>

Dev Anand Teelucksingh:yes

Laura Bengford:Is this the GSE calendar, <https://features.icann.org/events-near-you>

Laura Bengford:Or the at-large google calendar on the WIKI?

Laura Bengford:Good point, we need to bring all these events and info together.

Alberto Soto:@Laura, google calendar It is an option

Laura Bengford:Thanks Alberto

Humberto Carrasco:yes Alberto

Alberto Soto:is a general option for all Ralos

Terri Agnew:Juan Manuel Rojas has joined on audio Spanish Channel

Laura Bengford:Maybe the LACRALO page on new At-Large site includes the RSS feed from [ICANNLAC.org](https://icannlac.org/)

Laura Bengford:Good idea Dev

VANDA:+ 1 Dev

Ariel Liang:<https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1FE44uwMNdpIK1TVbqTwkQhH0qUqXfGTGkKNhO-gb-k/edit?usp=sharing>

Laura Bengford:Are the LACRALO specific activities only on the WIKI or also on [ICANNLAC.org](https://icannlac.org/)?

Dev Anand Teelucksingh:lacrало specific activities are on the wiki

Laura Bengford:In general, yes but remember we will have more capabilities to have more dynamic content on the website so something to think about.

Dev Anand Teelucksingh:but would the At-Large website allow for all members to interact and put content ?

Laura Bengford:Not at launch, it will go thru the secretariat but we will have more admin capability to update content.

Dev Anand Teelucksingh:I think that's the issue - the At-Large website should start with the most relatively static content

Dev Anand Teelucksingh:and experiment gradually with dynamic content

Laura Bengford:Yes, Vanda. focus on the "Call to Action" - Join, attend event, working group etc.

Laura Bengford:Gradual is good :)

Juan Manuel Rojas:I believe that some WG inside LACRALO could manage info about our region.

Laura Bengford:ALS Directory, <https://community.icann.org/display/LACRALO/LACRALO+ALSes>

Juan Manuel Rojas:Yes Laura, but uploaded also in website

Laura Bengford:Yes Juan Manuel, that is what we were thinking. Maybe with a optional link to social media or activities link

Dev Anand Teelucksingh:<https://community.icann.org/display/LACRALO/LACRALO+ALS+Brochure>

Juan Manuel Rojas:I have too much noise to talk. So I will write my comments.

Ariel Liang:thanks Juan

Laura Bengford:QR codes on the the brochure!

Juan Manuel Rojas:But I think we need also dinamic content a news from region about ALS or ICANN o subjects related. That serves two purposes, to inform our ALS about what is happen in our region and also to newbies.

VANDA:good idea QR

Dev Anand Teelucksingh:Perhaps what can happen is the latest 2 or 3 ALS social media updates that can be included with the ALS description

Laura Bengford:Could give them a template page if they don't have a website.

Dev Anand Teelucksingh:so there is a static info about each ALS and a latest activities heading which pulls from their twitter or facebook

Juan Manuel Rojas:@Dev agree, but not only Social Media content

Dev Anand Teelucksingh:Re: template page - each ALS is supposed to have a website

Dev Anand Teelucksingh:its part of their accreditation as ALS

Laura Bengford:Ah, interesting. Is that a requirment?

Dev Anand Teelucksingh:yes

Juan Manuel Rojas:I another RALO there is a website exclusively about that RALO..

Juan Manuel Rojas:\*in

Dev Anand Teelucksingh:Re: social media In theory, yes a WG could do it - but a challenge is that which WG member can speak of all of LACRALO ; this is a challenge faced by the At-Large Social Media WG

Dev Anand Teelucksingh:perhaps the discussion of RALO specific social media accts can be discussed in the Social Media WG

Juan Manuel Rojas:@Dev, we dont need to talk about all LACRALO, we need to talk about what LACRALO does

Laura Bengford:Machine translation also depends on good English content to begin with. Using good "plain english" will help.

Dev Anand Teelucksingh:ICANN Language services and Communications are working to develop Global English Guidelines for authors

Laura Bengford:Yes Dev, exactly.

Dev Anand Teelucksingh:I was asking whether there were Global Spanish Guidelines

Laura Bengford:Light translation for formal content on the RALOs should not be a huge effort.

Juan Manuel Rojas:I can do that.. updating.. if information alreday exist

Juan Manuel Rojas:\*already

Laura Bengford:Thank you everyone! Some very good insight.

Alberto Soto:Ok Ariel!

Alberto Soto:Thanks everyone!!

Juan Manuel Rojas:Thank you every one...

VANDA:thank you!

Ariel Liang:thanks all!

Juan Manuel Rojas:Gracias a la interprete

Humberto Carrasco 2:gracias

Dev Anand Teelucksingh:Take care all

[Adobe Recording](#)

**Audio Recording** [EN](#), [ES](#)

**Transcript** [EN](#), [ES](#)

## 07 August 2015 - NARALO Brainstorm Session

[Meeting notes](#)

**Agenda** >>

**Participants:**

Glenn McKnight, Murray McKercher, Judith Hellerstein, Alan Greenberg

**Apologies:** None

**Staff:** Laura Bengford, Ariel Liang, Silvia Vivanco, Jeff Salem, Terri Agnew

**Agenda**

1. Progress overview
2. Discussion

**Participants** >>

**Participants:**

Glenn McKnight, Murray McKercher, Judith Hellerstein, Alan Greenberg

**Apologies:**

**Staff:** Laura Bengford, Ariel Liang, Silvia Vivanco, Jeff Salem, Terri Agnew

**AGENDA:**

1. Progress overview
2. Discussion

**Adobe Connect Chat** >>

Terri Agnew>Welcome to the NARALO's Website Brainstorm Session on Friday, 07 August 2015 at 20:00 UTC

Terri Agnew:Main Wiki Space: <https://community.icann.org/x/tMPhAg>

Glenn McKnight:Hi all

Glenn McKnight:mic is muted

Glenn McKnight:Just came back from garden

Glenn McKnight:I will send links

Laura Bengford>Hello Everyone!

judith hellerstein:Hi All sorry I am late

Ariel Liang:no worries

Ariel Liang:hello everyone

judith hellerstein:Is garth on the call

judith hellerstein:I just pinged him on skype

Glenn McKnight:Holy cow all NARALO people on the call

Glenn McKnight:yes

judith hellerstein:yes I see the screen

Murray McKercher:yes see screen

Glenn McKnight:Judith you are in the middle of the introductory picture. I wonder who's picture this is?

judith hellerstein:what you see my face?

Glenn McKnight:yes you in the fourth row i think

Glenn McKnight:Gunella is in the row in front of you

Glenn McKnight: Did we get these questions in advance?

Glenn McKnight:NARALO is a geographically based organization with the primary role of advocating/speaking on behalf on the non-business community,

Glenn McKnight:Speak about the concerns of the civil society

Glenn McKnight:Important issues, Net Neutrality, privacy, Internet rights, broadband issues etc with an onus on the rights of the end users

Glenn McKnight:Issues

Glenn McKnight:1. National Broadband policies

Glenn McKnight:2. Fair internet pricing to all NA residents ie. rural, first nations, far north etc is another issue

judith hellerstein:are you on the phone as well or did you want me to say them for you

Laura Bengford:Yes Glenn, topic based.

Glenn McKnight:3. Activities in region by some ALS's including Livestream educational sessions by ISOC NY, ISOC Canada symposium etc

Alan Greenberg:How do those issues relate to ICANN and its remit?

Glenn McKnight:Since I upgraded to Windows 10 I am having lots of issues with SKYPE and some of my devices

Glenn McKnight:Noise from my mic so it's muted

Glenn McKnight:Question 2 I assumed you meant what the NARALO ALS's are doing

judith hellerstein:I will wait for glenn to type

Glenn McKnight:CIRA and Open Media in addition to Citizen Lab and the Munk Centre on Global Affairs are outspoken on Bill C51, Privacy, Net Neutrality issues

Glenn McKnight:NARALO activities- We have requested to Chris and Joe to do outreach at University of Ottawa with ICANN

Glenn McKnight:We have not had this type of discussion with NARALO

Glenn McKnight:NARALO has been leaders in pushing for a First Nations Fellowship and Accessibility issues

Laura Bengford:Also think of issues that prevent you from doing work, or are difficult like engaging new volunteers.

Glenn McKnight:Challenge for NARALO is the disadvantage we have in obtaining new blood as other RALO's do since the Fellowship program doesn't permit the US territories in the South Pacific or First Nations

Glenn McKnight:Other Ralos get fellows into the system

Silvia Vivanco:I think a list of issues, at least some issues which have been important for NARALO can be very useful

Glenn McKnight:If you are saying that other RALO

Glenn McKnight:one sec I am phoning in

judith hellerstein:good

Glenn McKnight:On the phone now

Ariel Liang:This is the document: <https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1FEm44uwMNdplK1TVbqTwkQhH0qUqXfGTGkKNhO-gb-k/edit?usp=sharing>

Glenn McKnight:What does the colours mean?

Laura Bengford:purple is at-large website, blue is icann web, and RALO colors

Glenn McKnight:no the colours below the headers

Glenn McKnight:ie. in Red Vice Chair

Glenn McKnight:When change happens some stuff is lost

Alan Greenberg:<http://gnso.icann.org/en/about/gnso-council.htm>

Alan Greenberg:<https://archive.icann.org/en/committees/alac/>

Laura Bengford:Understood we need to get to the "archive"

Murray McKercher:No right to be forgotten in the ICANN Archives :)

Laura Bengford:Yep :)

Glenn McKnight:The design should be compliant for mobile

Laura Bengford:We are proposing Working Groups to be in the 3rd band. We are working on a design for that now.

Glenn McKnight:I think we need a landing page for newcomers so they are navigate to things like WG's etc

Alan Greenberg:Not to belabour the point, but that list of current ALAC Members says at the top in the header "Please note: You are viewing archival ICANN material. Links and information may be outdated or incorrect. Visit ICANN's main website for current information."

Laura Bengford:Yes, this is the Get Involved page. It's next up on deck for us to design

Laura Bengford:I'm raising my hand for Jeff Salem

Laura Bengford:Terri, can you add Jeff Salem to the Staff attendees for the record.

Terri Agnew:I sure will

Glenn McKnight:We did a redesign for the Linux Professional Institute and we had four main categories which they self subscribed to the track that they self identified and they were taken down a path of topics dear to them

Glenn McKnight:I still don't understand why these questions were not sent in advance in a wiki for contribution

Murray McKercher:<https://community.icann.org/display/digitalservices/Vision+and+Strategy>

Laura Bengford:Our thinking is this listing of ALS can move to the website.

Glenn McKnight: Perhaps a geomap of the locations of the ALS. it reveals the gaps

Laura Bengford:Good thought Judith, we could add search filter by region/city

judith hellerstein:@glenn do you know

Glenn McKnight:do I know what?

judith hellerstein:if we have a naralo social media account

Glenn McKnight:Yes we have a Facebook account but it's not very busy

Glenn McKnight:ALAC has a page

Glenn McKnight:Most websites have integration of Social media. ie. Twitter feeds etc into the site

Glenn McKnight:Seamless integration

Laura Bengford:We can have share feature.

Glenn McKnight:Judith- we have translation with Captions First

judith hellerstein:Are you talking about google translate

judith hellerstein:not yet

judith hellerstein:only english

Laura Bengford:GNSO uses Bing Translate

judith hellerstein:i think Google is better

Murray McKercher:I agree with EURALO sentiment..we have plugins, let's use those

Alan Greenberg:I've got to drop off now. Thanks all.

Laura Bengford:Thanks Alan

Murray McKercher:Thank You all , have a great weekend!

[Adobe Recording](#)

[Audio Recording](#)

[Transcript](#)

## 07 August 2015 - EURALO Brainstorm Session

[Meeting notes](#)

**Agenda >>**

**Participants:**

Olivier Crepin-Leblond, Yuliya Morents, Wolf Ludwig, Sebastien Bachollet

Apologies: Jimmy Schulz, Sandra Hoferichter

Staff: Laura Bengford, Ariel Liang, Siliva Vivanco, Terri Agnew

1. Progress overview
2. Discussion

**Adobe Connect Chat >>**

Terri Agnew:Welcome to the EURALO's Website Brainstorm Session on Friday, 07 August 2015 at 16:00 UTC

Terri Agnew:Main Wiki Space: <https://community.icann.org/x/tMPhAg>

Wolf Ludwig:As it looks, we are still in a holiday situation here ...

Sébastien:No audio?

Sébastien:I am back

Terri Agnew:@Sebastien, let me know if a dial out is needed for audio

Wolf Ludwig:Welcome ;-)

Sébastien:thanks that OK

Wolf Ludwig:Like on our current WS, the new Website should provide all basic infos about EURALO -- but HOW it can become more inter-active or providing incentives?

Ariel Liang:that's a good point Wolf

Laura Bengford:Yes, the call to action and Get Involved are very important. Also the transition between website and WIKI. We've been thinking about it.

Wolf Ludwig:Incentives should be a key consideration!

Silvia Vivanco:Will the beta site have a "template" site for all RALOs?

Silvia Vivanco:it would be useful to see a template "landing page"

Laura Bengford:Yes agreed Olivier.

Ariel Liang:<https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1FE44uwMNdplK1TVbqTwkQhH0qUqXfGTGkKNhO-gb-k/edit?usp=sharing>

Olivier Crepin-Leblond:the hierarchy in the gray bo is where the documents are and this can apparently be arranged. It just takes time to rearrange it

Olivier Crepin-Leblond:what Ariel is showing on the screen now is \*exactly\* the correct hierarchy. In fact I think some other RALOs already have this hierarchy

Olivier Crepin-Leblond:note 1 G in EuroDIG not EURODig :-)

Ariel Liang:okay gotcha EuroDig

Laura Bengford:The WIKI cleanup may naturally fall after the website is build out.

Laura Bengford:The other consideration for what moves to the website is who updates

Laura Bengford:the content. Currently staff updates website whereas community can update content on the WIKI. For phase 1 staff will continue to update website.

Wolf Ludwig:The correct / official writing is EuroDIG ;-)

Laura Bengford:We should try for phase 2 to encourage community to update content to be authored especially for RALO newsletters, events, etc.

Ariel Liang:got it thanks Wolf :)

Ariel Liang:we know re the ring :)

Laura Bengford:LOL

Wolf Ludwig:IMO -- this should be a small AND reliable team!

Olivier Crepin-Leblond:perhaps have an intern that will spend time updating pages?

Olivier Crepin-Leblond:tha tintern can do this across all of the RALOs too!

Olivier Crepin-Leblond:because I think that so much is going on across RALOs - thre needs to be a full time point person for this to coordinate

Laura Bengford:Yay, Olivier

Sébastien:Thanks

Olivier Crepin-Leblond:thanks! looking forward to see results in the future!

[Adobe Recording](#)

[Audio Recording](#)

[Transcript](#)

## 27 April 2015

### [Meeting Notes](#)

#### **Agenda >>**

1. Welcome and Roll Call: 1 min
2. Status Update: 14 min
3. Show & Tell: 35 min
4. Taxonomy: 20 min
5. Web & Wiki Strategy for Policy Advice: 3 min
6. Questions & What We Need Help With: 15 min
7. Webinar Planning: 2 min

#### **Adobe Connect Chat >>**

Terri Agnew:Dear all, Welcome to the At-Large Website Revamp Taskforce call on Monday, 27 April 2015 at 17:00 UTC

Terri Agnew:main workspace: <https://community.icann.org/x/tMPhAg>

Dev Anand Teelucksingh:Hello All

Ali AIMeshal:hi I manage to get in

Heidi Ullrich:Welcome, All

Laura Bengford:Welcome Everyone!

Heidi Ullrich:Welcome, Jeff!

Jeff Salem:Thanks Heidi!

Ariel Liang:<https://community.icann.org/x/5wAdAw>

Olivier Crepin-Leblond:I like the alignment with Rec 26

Dev Anand Teelucksingh:Indeed, good to see the alignment re: Rec 26

Ariel Liang:<https://community.icann.org/x/tMPhAg>

Heidi Ullrich:Sorry, Olivier. I had my full screen on so didn't see anyone with their hands raised !



Olivier Crepin-Leblond:-) I think of things too hard and then you say them :-)

Dev Anand Teelucksingh:hearing me?

Dev Anand Teelucksingh:np - agree with Alan

Dev Anand Teelucksingh:go ahead

Heidi Ullrich:Could you write your question?

Ariel Liang:Homepage: <https://new-atlarge.herokuapp.com/>

Heidi Ullrich:Thanks for putting the At-Large logo on the site

Laura Bengford:Yes Olivier. WIKI is the working space, web is the final result. While we build out the website, we may find there are efficiencies that we might want to consider though.

Olivier Crepin-Leblond:excellent

Olivier Crepin-Leblond:in UK during rush hour we probably revert back to 1/2 G :-)

Heidi Ullrich:Will the status bar have the same color and just fill the boxes in as each step is completed?

Heidi Ullrich:Super interviews! Very professional :)

Heidi Ullrich:Great, Ariel. re videos

Laura Bengford:Yes, we will have space for the videos as they are available. we can also easily switch them out if they get stale.

Alan Greenberg:Same concern as before. Pulling new articles from [ICANN.org](https://www.icann.org) sounds like another task for at-large staff...

Dev Anand Teelucksingh:There should be some indication that the links on "Latest News and Media" will be going to [ICANN.org](https://www.icann.org)

Dev Anand Teelucksingh:@Alan, if the ICANN articles are tagged, then it could be a automatic process - show only articles/news tagged "new gTLD" or "IDN" etc

Alan Greenberg:@Dev, yes, certainly possible. Question is whether that will be the case! (yes, sometimes I am a cynic!)

Dev Anand Teelucksingh:Hmm, so the "News" followed by a number refers to the number of pages about the topic ?

Dev Anand Teelucksingh:Not sure what's the value of the number for the News

Laura Bengford:Dev, yes News could be a link to News topics on [icann.org](https://www.icann.org) for example. Not sure if we can get an exact number here.

Dev Anand Teelucksingh:maybe, show latest 5 links under news for each topic

Laura Bengford:Alan, good point the number may not represent the importance of the topic

Dev Anand Teelucksingh:because I'm not seeing the value of showing the numbers

Laura Bengford:Olivier, We will clean up and make consistent

Olivier Crepin-Leblond:@Laura: thanks!

Ariel Liang:<https://community.icann.org/display/atlarge/Taxonomy>

Ali AIMeshal:sorry I have to leave driving back home and Internet is not stable

Laura Bengford:Thank you for joining Ali!

Terri Agnew:goodbye Ali

Heidi Ullrich:Thanks, Jeff. That makes sense

Dev Anand Teelucksingh:a common taxonomy across all the AC/SOs is good

Laura Bengford:Thanks Jeff. We will also be able to leverage the topic tags from Public Comment, News, Subscriptions etc.

Laura Bengford:This list Ariel is showing is from [icann.org](https://www.icann.org) Public Comment.

Laura Bengford:Then we tried to categorize them in to Broader topics.

Laura Bengford:Alan, good point. There are a few categories of advice.

Laura Bengford:Would anyone object to skipping 5. Web and Wiki Strategy and jumping to 6 Questions?

Laura Bengford:in interest of time.

Laura Bengford:Thanks Alan. We will definitely have the dash there.

Laura Bengford:Have good practices on URL space management helps us be more efficient and organized.

Dev Anand Teelucksingh:So "at-large", "atlarge" and "alac"

Heidi Ullrich:Is using At-Large consistent? ALAC is the actual AC, correct?

Laura Bengford:Need to resolve [ALAC.icann.org](http://ALAC.icann.org) and [At-Large.icann.org](http://At-Large.icann.org). Thanks Olivier.

Heidi Ullrich:so, GNSO, ccNSO, GAC, SSAC, ALAC...

Dev Anand Teelucksingh:perhaps get members of the Capacity Building WG involved ?

Laura Bengford:Ah, good idea Dev!

Dev Anand Teelucksingh:<https://community.icann.org/display/atlarge/At-Large+Capacity+Building+Working+Group>

Laura Bengford:Thanks!

Heidi Ullrich:We can do a show and tell in BA

Dev Anand Teelucksingh:Indeed, do an update at BA

Heidi Ullrich:Thanks so much All Great work!!!

Laura Bengford:Maybe we can have an interactive demo space at BA meeting or in the newcomer booth or something.

## Adobe Recording

## Audio Recording

## Transcript

# 18 December 2014

## Meeting Notes

### Agenda >>

1. Share progress, feedback we heard, and new home page mockups with colors ([mockup 1](#), [mockup 2](#)) (15min)
2. Discuss a [list of questions](#) to solicit specific feedback (40min)
3. Brainstorm ideas on visualizing the Policy Advice Development activities ([pie chart](#), [bar graph](#)) (10min)
4. Share Topic Page content ideas from Ariel (e.g. [WHOIS](#)) (20min)
5. Next Steps (5min)

### Adobe Connect Chat >>

Terri Agnew:Dear all, Welcome to the At-Large Website Revamp Taskforce call on Thursday, 18 December 2014 at 22:00 UTC

Terri Agnew:meeting page: <https://community.icann.org/x/tMPhAg>

Alan Greenberg:I am dialing in

Dev Anand Teelucksingh:dialing in

Ariel Liang:can you guys see my screen? just checking

Dev Anand Teelucksingh:yes

Ariel Liang:kewl

Ariel Liang:Our guidance principles for categorizing our content & organizing the homepage: <http://goo.gl/UYI59X>

Dev Anand Teelucksingh:link doesn't work

Heidi Ullrich:Cheryl or Anthony would have more info on the font style and colors

Heidi Ullrich:I would like to see the banner at the top and the search at the bottom right

Olivier Crepin-Leblond:Newest Mockup is best as far as I'm concerned

Heidi Ullrich:cutting off the photo is visually disturbing

Dev Anand Teelucksingh:I agree the title banner at the top

Laura Bengford:Okay thanks for the feedback. Top it is.

Heidi Ullrich:I agree with Dev.

Heidi Ullrich:What about Capacity Building and Inreach?

Dev Anand Teelucksingh:This is the main page?

Dev Anand Teelucksingh:If so, then there needs a introductory section

Heidi Ullrich:@Dev, regional activities could be the ALS activities in the regions

Dev Anand Teelucksingh:Well isn't that upcoming events

Dev Anand Teelucksingh:?

Heidi Ullrich:Upcoming events and Outreach?

Dev Anand Teelucksingh:agree with the text looking small

Laura Bengford:Ariel, do you want to share the definitions for capacity building?

Alan Greenberg:The description of the meeting says 90 minutes, but it was put into my calendar as being just 60 monutes.

Alan Greenberg:minutes

Dev Anand Teelucksingh:probably a one/two liner under each heading

Dev Anand Teelucksingh:or short paragraph to introduce the section

Heidi Ullrich:Training ?

Heidi Ullrich:Want to Learn More?

Alan Greenberg:I feel like I should be part of the movie Grumpy Old Men.

Dev Anand Teelucksingh:Free Resources to Learn More

Laura Bengford:No worries Alan ;)

Laura Bengford:Learn More is better agreed Dev

Olivier Crepin-Leblond:I'm happy with the footer

Dev Anand Teelucksingh:Content of footer - text still looks too small

Dev Anand Teelucksingh:sry content of footer is good

Heidi Ullrich:Could we add a link for "welcome Aboard" or "onboarding" for ALSes

Heidi Ullrich:also, a link to the Leadership Training program and ICANN academy?

Laura Bengford:Yes, that is good idea Heidi

Laura Bengford:Yes, we can use logos for social media. with ability to share within a page.

Dev Anand Teelucksingh:that would be ok, once the images are accessible (ALT text)

Laura Bengford:we have gotten feedback to move social media to top, that is more general practice

Dev Anand Teelucksingh:having the social media buttons to top would be ok too

Dev Anand Teelucksingh:also the top lanaguage bar can be truncated so that it starts mid page

Heidi Ullrich:Or adding it to the left of the We are the At-Large Community

Heidi Ullrich:good idea, Dev

Heidi Ullrich:Actually, the At-Large logo has the text as part of it

Heidi Ullrich:I would like to see if we can keep the logo with the text at the bottom and move the top blue strip to the right

Dev Anand Teelucksingh:I think that could work

Heidi Ullrich:I will need to step away now

Laura Bengford:Thanks Heidi

Heidi Ullrich:where did you get that text, Ariel?

Heidi Ullrich:that Alan mentioned

Alan Greenberg:Can I step away too?

Heidi Ullrich:We are looking for your feedback both on look and content of these types of pages

Heidi Ullrich:I'd like to see the At-Large WHOIS WG a bit more prominent

Laura Bengford:This topic page and content will provide background and context to the policy advice statements on the page mock Ariel shared. Background, Why is it Important, Latest News...

Olivier Crepin-Leblond:I really like the rest of the text that's on the screen

Laura Bengford:That's right Alan, we will need help with this starter content.

Dev Anand Teelucksingh:yes, like the [ICANN.org](http://icann.org)

Dev Anand Teelucksingh:Indeed re: accessibility

Laura Bengford:We are looking at accessibility assessment for all websites, guidelines, best practices

Laura Bengford:W3C (WCAG) level AA is what we are shooting for

Alan Greenberg:I really have to leave now. Thanks for all the hard work (even if my comments don't always show my gratitude).

Laura Bengford:Thank you very much Alan. Your feedback is great :)

Heidi Ullrich:Thanks, All

Heidi Ullrich:These videos will be placed on the pages of key policy

Heidi Ullrich:that was a suggestion of The comms team to grab people with visual learning

Heidi Ullrich:I need to drop off as well now

Heidi Ullrich:Thanks all for your work on this!

Dev Anand Teelucksingh:Visually, a vertical timeline to show the history of WHOIS

Dev Anand Teelucksingh:like <http://codyhouse.co/demo/vertical-timeline/>

Laura Bengford:that's cool Dev

Dev Anand Teelucksingh:and the structure is very simple

Dev Anand Teelucksingh:the article describing how its done: <http://codyhouse.co/gem/vertical-timeline/>

Laura Bengford:Thanks Dev. I'll have a look.

Laura Bengford:Happy Holidays and thanks everyone !

[Adobe Recording](#)

[Audio Recording](#)

[Transcription](#)

## 24 November 2014

**Adobe Connect Chat >>**

Terri Agnew: Dear all, welcome to the meeting with Jim, Jana ,Heidi, and Ariel on Monday 24 November 2014 at 18:00 UTC

Ariel Liang: [atlarge.icann.org](http://atlarge.icann.org)

Ariel Liang: <http://www.atlarge.icann.org/correspondence>

[Adobe Recording](#)

[Audio Recording](#)

[Transcript](#)

## 06 November 2014

**Agenda >>**

1. Provide feedback on the ICANN 51 website revamp presentation & review community input (10min)
2. Review the wireframes of 'What We Do,' 'Get Involved,' and the general content pages (30min)
3. Identify potential gaps in wireframes (10min)
4. Discuss the next phase: Brainstorm content development strategy (35min)

## 5. AOB (5min)

### Adobe Connect Chat >>

- 

Terri Agnew:Welcome to the Website Revamp Project on Thursday, 06th November at 20:00 UTC

Heidi Ullrich:Do we need more time for item 3?

Heidi Ullrich:@Steve, to what extent are we able to revise the wireframes with the current vendor/current budget?

Ariel Liang:Stie maps & wireframes: <https://community.icann.org/x/zCXxAg>

Ariel Liang:welcome Laura

Alan Greenberg:The issue of info being statis with long times since the last activity is that it will give the impression that we are not doing anything.

Alan Greenberg:These new pages are good.

Heidi Ullrich:The current content needs polishing

Laura Bengford:@Heidi, we will be able to update wireframes

Heidi Ullrich:I'm not being critical :) I'm being constructive !

Laura Bengford:This is really good feedback

Heidi Ullrich:Are the colors on the map the population?

Ariel Liang:Colors come next

Heidi Ullrich:perhaps the regions could be identified by color

Ariel Liang:Vendor is working on the Style guide

Heidi Ullrich:so blue for EURALO?

Ariel Liang:we will surely consider using the RALO colors

Alan Greenberg:Not sure that "consider" is sufficient.

Heidi Ullrich:Would the intern only shepherd the process of getting the content or actually prepare the content?

Alan Greenberg:In my mind, actually write. We need someone with technical background and a journalism student or something like that.

Olivier Crepin-Leblond:I agree with Alan

Alan Greenberg:There are lots of really good technical writers around. Problem is that they earn a lot of money doing it.

Dev Anand Teelucksingh:apologies for missing this meeting - a previous meeting went way overdue - I'll review the recording and/or slides for comment

Olivier Crepin-Leblond:does Dev have any question regarding the wire ramen?

Dev Anand Teelucksingh:not yet

Dev Anand Teelucksingh:I'll review them later and offer comment - yes thanks

Olivier Crepin-Leblond:auto correct on iPad turns. frames to ramen :-)

Laura Bengford:thank you everyone.

Dev Anand Teelucksingh:bye all

[Adobe Recording](#)

[Audio Recording](#)

[Transcript](#)

06 October 2014

Adobe Connect Chat >>

- Terri Agnew>Welcome to the Website Revamp Project on Monday, 06th October at 20:30 UTC

Heidi Ullrich:Hi All

Dev Anand Teelucksingh:darn - droppped

Terri Agnew:@Dev, Adigo is dialing back out to you

Dev Anand Teelucksingh:thanks

Heidi Ullrich:Could Community be "At-Large Community"?

Heidi Ullrich:on first glance, it looks great!

Dev Anand Teelucksingh:back

Terri Agnew:Dev is back on audio

Dev Anand Teelucksingh:Indeed - visually, irrespective of the IA

Heidi Ullrich:Would like to see the Policy activities more prevalent

Dev Anand Teelucksingh:I like search in front and center

Heidi Ullrich:+1 for the newcomers

Heidi Ullrich:How do people quickly get to the Policy development page?

Anthony Niiganii (MBE):How much work would it be to add a increase or contract font size function?

Anthony Niiganii (MBE):contrast

Heidi Ullrich:Apart from the numbers, how do people see the actual policy statements? Same with the Webinars, Beginner's Guides, Podcasts and Online courses..It seems like the numbers are emphaized rather than the actaul work.

Dev Anand Teelucksingh:the Outreach, Capacity sub headings probably could be increased in size

Dev Anand Teelucksingh:@Anthony - wouldn't the zoom (Ctrl + / Ctrl - ) work

Anthony Niiganii (MBE):yes that's true, not always the case for those with visual impairment and screen readers

Dev Anand Teelucksingh:maybe a tab group could be done for the policy pipeline

Olivier Crepin-Leblond:usually one can zoom in & out like Dev says

Anthony Niiganii (MBE):sometimes the zoom bunches all the text together and becomes readable

Anthony Niiganii (MBE):home looks great

Dev Anand Teelucksingh:a simple example of tab groups <http://blixr.org/media/a/1/tabs-hover/page3.html>

Heidi Ullrich:homepage looks great, indeed.

Anthony Niiganii (MBE):other than the text size function, it looks good so far.

Heidi Ullrich:We might need to see if the Capacity Building Webinars could be put under ICANN LEARN

Heidi Ullrich:and then a link to ICANN LEARN is put on the homepage...

Heidi Ullrich:could discuss this in LA...

Heidi Ullrich:In fact, the all of those four activities could be on ICANN LEARN

Dev Anand Teelucksingh:Also, thinking the events/calendar needs under At-Large work

Dev Anand Teelucksingh:\*\* Reminder in 15 minutes \*\*: Pre ICANN 51 Briefing WebinarThe agenda and call details are available at: <https://community.icann.org/x/vRbxAgAdobe> Connect: <https://icann.adobeconnect.com/atlarge-briefing-session/>

Dev Anand Teelucksingh:well, then the badge could be displayed indicating the number of announcements

Dev Anand Teelucksingh:<http://getbootstrap.com/components/#badges>

Anthony Niiganii (MBE):I have to step away from the meeting, just informed I have a pipe leaking in my basement and need to go get that fixed right away. Talk to you all later. The site is starting to look great.

Dev Anand Teelucksingh:maybe a word cloud

Dev Anand Teelucksingh:could also be used

Heidi Ullrich:Good luck, Anthony!!

Heidi Ullrich:So this is automatic or will Ariel need to update this as she does the Correspondence page?

Heidi Ullrich:and these will all be available in the 6 UN?

Heidi Ullrich:@Steve, are the ICANN.org pages translated like that?

Heidi Ullrich:with Language services automatically translating them?

Heidi Ullrich:That would be ideal!

Heidi Ullrich:is that using the website tool you mentioned?

Heidi Ullrich:so whichever way, at-Large staff won't need to send the EN to be translated?

Heidi Ullrich:Great!!

Heidi Ullrich:Could the graphic to the ALAC policy process be used?

Olivier Crepin-Leblond:I'm not fond of the Z when looking at having compact policy pages

Olivier Crepin-Leblond:the Z is just explanatory

Heidi Ullrich:So under Get Involved?

Steve Allison:Under About there would be a page on How Policy Advice works

Heidi Ullrich:Also, where are the ALAC members and links to the WGs?

Heidi Ullrich:There is a need to list who the ALAC leaders are

Heidi Ullrich:Who are the members of the ALAC

Dev Anand Teelucksingh:and those from previous years as it changes every year

Heidi Ullrich:correct, Dev

Heidi Ullrich:perfect, Steve. Good location

Heidi Ullrich:if it is called "At-Large community" ;)

Heidi Ullrich:When will we be able to see the color version?

Heidi Ullrich:Sorry All, I need to drop off

Steve Allison:I dont have a date for the color version yet

Steve Allison:i will let you know when i do

Dev Anand Teelucksingh:take care all

[Adobe Recording](#)

[Audio Recording](#)

[Transcript](#)

## 25 September 2014

**Adobe Connect Chat >>**

Gisella Gruber>Welcome to the Website Revamp Project on Thursday 25 of September at 18:30 UTC

Dev Anand Teelucksingh>Hello Gisella, Kathy, hearing me?

Kathy Schnitt:Dev I am not hearing you

Dev Anand Teelucksingh:Hmm, ok....

Dev Anand Teelucksingh:Good, except for lack of mic. Hearing you good

Silvia Vivanco>Hello all

Dev Anand Teelucksingh: Hello everyone

Ariel Liang: This is the document

Ariel Liang: [https://docs.google.com/document/d/1ar\\_8JZbecKoFA1Hoq1J0gDpJ5mdalmAVa\\_6wxuVfgLc/edit#](https://docs.google.com/document/d/1ar_8JZbecKoFA1Hoq1J0gDpJ5mdalmAVa_6wxuVfgLc/edit#)

Ariel Liang: Sorry pls try this link:

Ariel Liang: [https://docs.google.com/document/d/1ar\\_8JZbecKoFA1Hoq1J0gDpJ5mdalmAVa\\_6wxuVfgLc/edit?usp=sharing](https://docs.google.com/document/d/1ar_8JZbecKoFA1Hoq1J0gDpJ5mdalmAVa_6wxuVfgLc/edit?usp=sharing)

Anthony Niiganii (MBE): yes

Silvia Vivanco: I will write some questions as you speak

Silvia Vivanco: not to interrupt so you can respond

Anthony Niiganii (MBE): I agree with Heidi

Silvia Vivanco: Can community members send articles and have we envisioned an interactive section?

Ariel Liang: Please keep in mind that this is a working progress, so the structure you see right now is not final

Silvia Vivanco: or if a community member would like to put his own blog could we link it?

Silvia Vivanco: to this site?

Olivier Crepin-Leblond: I agree with Heidi -- the events are actually the calendar of At-Large meetings and conference calls, isn't it? that's like 3 or 4 calls per day. That would be overwhelming if it was in a news feed. Real "news" would be lost amongst the fully of activity

Heidi Ullrich: If we spell out At-Large Structures, we need to spell out RALOs...

Heidi Ullrich: should Workign Groups be immed after ALAC?

Olivier Crepin-Leblond: How much of this site is Static; how much is dynamic?

Dev Anand Teelucksingh: I would say the Explore section is mostly static - the Discover section is more dynamic

Heidi Ullrich: to me Explore and Discover are very similar. What about "Become Involved" or "How to get involved?"...

Dev Anand Teelucksingh: The wording of Explore and Discover may need to change. Agree with Heidi

Silvia Vivanco: @ Heidi correct, I think Explore and Discover can be confusing

Silvia Vivanco: agree with How to get involved

Heidi Ullrich: Sorry to focus on the wording, but "make a difference" normally is where you can donate funds...

Anthony Niiganii (MBE): I think ATLAS should be added under ALAC, as it presents and opportunity of the community's voice as a whole

Heidi Ullrich: Agree with Anthony that there needs to be some area for the ATLAS and other big At-Large events

Silvia Vivanco: Just call it Newcomers area instead of Make a Difference

Silvia Vivanco: so that its consistent with ICANN 's terminology

Silvia Vivanco: will this site be connected to ICANN's site? or linked to some of the tutorials and diagrams shown in that site

Silvia Vivanco: We could connect with the ICANN main site which has lots of diagrams and infographics

Silvia Vivanco: good point Ariel

Silvia Vivanco: we can link it to the WIKIs

Silvia Vivanco: the WIKIs are interactive

Silvia Vivanco: yes! excellent

Anthony Niiganii (MBE): draw on fund development techniques: think, feel and do to engage the audience

Anthony Niiganii (MBE): thanks Steve

Anthony Niiganii (MBE): +1 Heidi

Dev Anand Teelucksingh: I'm thinking "WHO We Are" or equivalent should replace "Explore"

Silvia Vivanco: Some RALOs (APRALO) for example will engage with other ICANN groups for example APRALO-APAC HUB strategy

Silvia Vivanco: I would like to show that strategy

Silvia Vivanco: Agree with the map and compliance has a wonderful map

Anthony Niiganii (MBE): that's were sponsorship requests will come in handy

Dev Anand Teelucksingh: classifying the work under the taxonomy as discussed before

Dev Anand Teelucksingh: ?

Dev Anand Teelucksingh: To me Organizational Structure isn't "WHAT We Do"

Dev Anand Teelucksingh: also, the org structure is presented top down and not bottom up

Silvia Vivanco: your approach Olivier means someone needs to constantly update the RALO section

Silvia Vivanco: @ Dev what do you mean? how to make it bottom up?

Dev Anand Teelucksingh: start with At-Large, first is ALSes

Dev Anand Teelucksingh: then RALOS

Dev Anand Teelucksingh: then ALAC

Dev Anand Teelucksingh: not from the "top" - ALAC, RALO, ALSes

Silvia Vivanco: ok so inverse the hierarchy

Silvia Vivanco: ok got it

Silvia Vivanco: very good approach Ariel

Silvia Vivanco: I like this approach you are describing

Silvia Vivanco: @ Ariel and Steve I will be happy to look at the contents of the RALO pages

Silvia Vivanco: when you are ready

Anthony Niiganii (MBE): @Olivier that not always accessible

Anthony Niiganii (MBE): any pop outs cause confusion with screen readers

Anthony Niiganii (MBE): I like the idea

Dev Anand Teelucksingh: yep +1

Dev Anand Teelucksingh: unfortunately, not all RALOs allow individuals to be recognised

Silvia Vivanco: not yet Dev

Silvia Vivanco: but the trend is that they will allow

Silvia Vivanco: individuals

Dev Anand Teelucksingh: I can think of one RALO that will resist

Dev Anand Teelucksingh: Get Involved!

Silvia Vivanco: Structure is good

Anthony Niiganii (MBE): the structure is a good step forward

Ariel Liang: yes structure first

Dev Anand Teelucksingh: Under WHO We Are - probably need to use a short explanation about ICANN and then point to the main ICANN website

Gisella Gruber: Please note that Olivier is travelling next week, Wednesday onwards and I am not sure about his availability and connectivity

Gisella Gruber: And we have a heavy call schedule so if you need a call, please let me know ASAP

Dev Anand Teelucksingh: Monday is exceptionally busy ;-)

Anthony Niiganii (MBE): Thank you all for being flexible and so accommodating – great meeting and excellent progress. Ekosi! Kinanaskomitinawa

Anthony.

Silvia Vivanco: very good call

Ariel Liang: Thank you very much everyone! I will read through the comment in the chat as well.



[Adobe Recording](#)

[Audio Recording](#)

[Transcript](#)

**Action Items >>**

- Short description about policy advice development

☒ Ariel Liang to identify content from the beginner's guide to fill the major topical sections as placeholder in the current IA

- Explore more about the interactive map (use compliance map as example)

- Refine the wording for each section

- Explore the potential of different navigation for different audience (i.e. let audience to choose what content / page / layout they would like to view)

☒ Gisella Gruber Schedule a Friday call next week

**19 September 2014**

**Adobe Chat >>**

- Dev Anand Teelucksingh:It was shown at the end of last call

Dev Anand Teelucksingh:[https://community.icann.org/download/attachments/5112175/ALAC\\_Policy\\_Advice\\_Chart.jpg](https://community.icann.org/download/attachments/5112175/ALAC_Policy_Advice_Chart.jpg)

Dev Anand Teelucksingh:Re: <http://www.circleid.com/topics/> is an interesting taxonomy ideas that could be used

Heidi Ullrich:Sept. ARticles:

Heidi Ullrich:ALAC Policy Development Activities from mid-August to early-SeptemberAlan Greenberg Selected as next ALAC ChairAt-Large Community Comprises 179 At-Large StructuresSeptember Monthly At-Large RALO RoundupAt-Large Website Revamp Project Begins

Dev Anand Teelucksingh:The Policy Summary is great work, btw

Heidi Ullrich:@Ariel, I think the Policy Updates are quite clear for outsiders/newcomers.

Heidi Ullrich:I would hesitate adding a process that involves extra staff work to update this.

Heidi Ullrich:or make it more clear

Dev Anand Teelucksingh:Or even Latest News

Dev Anand Teelucksingh:<https://community.icann.org/display/atlarge/At-Large+Mailing+Lists>

Dev Anand Teelucksingh:was my attempt

Dev Anand Teelucksingh:Correspondence could be renamed to "Policy Advice"

Heidi Ullrich:LOL, Olivier!

Heidi Ullrich:I heard this morning that Jobs believed it was more important to sell dreams rather than products ;)

Steve Allison:let's do that

Heidi Ullrich:So, it is good to dream big!!

Dev Anand Teelucksingh:look at the line for the apple phone <https://twitter.com/thomasmarkjay/status/512908074081062912/photo/1>

Dev Anand Teelucksingh:;-D

Heidi Ullrich:but their shares are falling a bit - here is why : <http://bgr.com/2014/09/16/why-is-apples-stock-price-falling/>

Heidi Ullrich:Good idea, Steve

Heidi Ullrich:I support that

Heidi Ullrich:Could they also call into the session with you during the ICANN Meeting?

Steve Allison:yes, i will encourage them to do so

Heidi Ullrich:Thanks

Heidi Ullrich>Please send us their names once they confirm

Heidi Ullrich:and email addresses

**Adobe Recording** - Due to AC tech issues during call this is a partial recording

**Audio recording** - Full recording

**Transcript**

## 18 September 2014

**Adobe Recording**

**Transcript**

## 12 September 2014

**Action Items >>**

- ✓ Olivier Crepin-Leblond, Dev Anand Teelucksingh, Anthony Niigani to do the following:

*Could you distill the historical or current issues/topics being worked on at At-Large into a Top 5 Categories (ex: WHOIS, Privacy, IDNs, ICANN Strategic Planning, IANA Transition)? Some issues/topics may be directly associated to a large ICANN issue area such as Strategic Plan, whereas others are independent (and could be connected to many ICANN topics) such as Privacy. It's fine if you can identify more than 5 top categories.*

## Meeting Notes >>

### Discussion about the Correspondence Page

#### Intended Purpose of the Correspondence Page:

- To serve as an outward facing, comprehensive depository of the published work of the ALAC
- To encourage the visitors to intuitively discover the work of the ALAC
- To link to appropriate pages in the Policy Development wiki space so that it encourages visitors to get involved in the ongoing work of the ALAC

#### Issues about the Correspondence Page:

- Misleading title of the page — the Correspondence page mainly contains Statements and only a few announcements and emails.
- Ineffective classification for the Statements — regions and RALOs are repetitive, and there is no keyword or taxonomy to describe issues/topics.
- Poor search capability within the page and the website — this is a consequence of the ineffective classification for the Statements.
- Inconsistent formatting for some Statements, including the numbering of translated documents.
- Tendency to loose visitors' interests:
  1. It takes multiple clicks to get to the Statement;
  2. The long-winded staff introduction section takes away the attention from the readers;
  3. There is no context or background about what the Statement is 'in response to';
  4. It is not clear 'why' the readers should care about them.
- No helpful links to the At-Large wiki workspace for those Statements in the Policy Development page — otherwise, interested visitors can be directed to appropriate pages and participate in the making of the ALAC Statements.

#### Improvement Ideas:

- Create a taxonomy landing page that details the key issues/topics which the ALAC has been working on:
  - The background materials about those issues/topics need to be clear, interesting, and relevant to the Internet end-users;
  - It may be worthwhile to rewrite the policy chapters on the [Beginner's Guide](#);
  - We need to frame the issues/topics to show the readers 'why they should care';
  - The taxonomy landing page can effectively link to the ALAC Statements that address those topics, help readers keep track of the ongoing work of the ALAC around those topics, create pre-natal discussions and facilitate 'call to action' (e.g. to make it easier for readers to comment on the current draft Statement on those topics).
- Redesign the way to publish the ALAC Statements:
  - Each published ALAC Statement should be broken out into the relevant components so readers can quickly assess what they wish to learn: context summary, summary of statement (or any other supporting documents), name and affiliation of the penholder, key dates related to the making of the Statements, related Statements, etc.
  - Those components need to be arranged in a logical and effective order, with the most interesting component at the top (e.g. the 'Staff Introduction' paragraphs describing the process of the making of the ALAC Statement need to be summarized and put in a less prominent area).
- Explain the Policy Development process on the website in a clear and engaging manner:
  - We need to emphasize that anyone from the community can be the penholders and anyone can comment on the draft Statements; the policy development process should be a bottom up process initiated by RALOs.
  - We may need to build certain platform or mechanism on the website to help community members to participate in policy development easily. Wiki is a good platform for working on the actual Statement, but the wiki isn't helpful in facilitating discussion around whether the ALAC should have a Statement in response to Public Comment request.
- Upgrade the search functions within the Page
  - We may need to include issue/topic keywords and drill down filtering (faceted search?).
  - The search capability needs to be complex enough for seasoned members to find documents.
- Although the mission Statement for the ALAC is very broad and the community members have few common denominators, we need to clearly state the ALAC mission statement, emphasize and frame the 'end-user' key point, and display it in an obvious place on the website. In that way, we can show how the work of the ALAC (e.g. ALAC Statement) ties to its mission.

#### Other Requirements:

- At-Large Staff need to have the capability to manage content on the website without going through web-admin.
- Translation requirement — it may be a future requirement to translate important static content on the website, but at a minimum, all ALAC Statements must be translated and properly archived on the site.

## Adobe Chat >>

Kathy Schnitt: Dear all, Welcome to the Website Revamp Project on Friday 12th of September at 16:00 UTC

Kathy Schnitt: Welcome Ariel and Dev

Ariel Liang: Just FYI - everybody is here. Anthony sent his apologies

Dev Anand Teelucksingh:looks like my mic isn't working

Dev Anand Teelucksingh:on the call

Ariel Liang:<http://atlarge.icann.org/correspondence>

Heidi Ullrich:If a new format is being considered, perhaps the Board Resolution page might serve as a model: <https://features.icann.org/resolutions>

Dev Anand Teelucksingh:<http://www.jquery-bootgrid.com/Examples#data>

Olivier Crepin-Leblond:translations of these statements are not up to date. 2013 only yields 3 translated documents

Olivier Crepin-Leblond:this is a huge amount of translations missing. I do not know whether they were undertaken and missing from the list, or whether the translations were not done

Heidi Ullrich:Here is the note to the G8 : <http://atlarge.icann.org/correspondence/correspondence-20may11-en.htm>

Olivier Crepin-Leblond:Here is the note to NTIA:

Olivier Crepin-Leblond:<http://atlarge.icann.org/de/node/25511>

Heidi Ullrich:<http://atlarge.icann.org/correspondence/correspondence-14dec11-en.htm>

Heidi Ullrich:that is the note to the NTIA

Heidi Ullrich:+1 Steve

Olivier Crepin-Leblond:Heidi your pointer are to the US Congressman

Heidi Ullrich:we need greater searchability

Heidi Ullrich:ah, sorry

Heidi Ullrich:that was the letter I was referring to

Olivier Crepin-Leblond:also -- note that some of these summaries are wrongly formed, and the actual statement is missing!

Heidi Ullrich:({

Olivier Crepin-Leblond:I used Google to find the letters

Olivier Crepin-Leblond:wow -- the one to NTIA NOI is actually even missing. There is the Staff intro & no link to the Statement itself, apart from a link to the workspace where we built it....

Dev Anand Teelucksingh:<http://www.jquery-bootgrid.com/Examples#data> is an example of interactive search

Heidi Ullrich:I agree that broad topics are needed

Heidi Ullrich:Dev, Matt and you developed a page where the impact on end users was spelled out

Heidi Ullrich:@Ariel, that might be a good solution for a start

Heidi Ullrich:@Ariel, please look at the Beginner's Guide to ALAC Policy

Heidi Ullrich:It has this kind of summary text on the main topics, I believe

Heidi Ullrich:Chart: [https://community.icann.org/download/attachments/5112175/ALAC\\_Policy\\_Advice\\_Chart.jpg?version=1&modificationDate=1373387404000&api=v2](https://community.icann.org/download/attachments/5112175/ALAC_Policy_Advice_Chart.jpg?version=1&modificationDate=1373387404000&api=v2)

Steve Allison:Thank you

Dev Anand Teelucksingh:Phone connection lost, but listening via AC audio

Dev Anand Teelucksingh:Good idea

Dev Anand Teelucksingh:This was great

Dev Anand Teelucksingh:Thanks everyone - take care

Ariel Liang:Thank you all!

**Adobe Recording**

**Transcription**

**11 September 2014**

**Adobe Chat >>**

Terri Agnew:Dear all, Welcome to the Website Revamp Project on Thursday 11th of September at 16:00 UTC

Olivier Crepin-Leblond:OUCH -- that hurts!

Olivier Crepin-Leblond:Bounce Rate 50/70% ???

Dev Anand Teelucksingh:Ouch indeed

Anthony Niiganii (MBE):It sometimes take me awhile to find what I need and just end up jumping to Google to search

Heidi Ullrich:Will the Seasoned community members use the wiki as their primary source?

Anthony Niiganii (MBE):lol why me? lol

Ariel Liang:people like you are a primary audience

Anthony Niiganii (MBE):thanks...yea I can agree with that

Heidi Ullrich:)

Ariel Liang:@Heidi - yes, so that's why they are secondary audience

Ariel Liang:primary ones don't really know about the wiki or know how to use the wiki

Heidi Ullrich:Thanks, Ariel

Ariel Liang:so the website is a main platform for us to communicate with them

Ariel Liang:no problem

Heidi Ullrich:How are they making an impact - we could have a spotlight for that

Dev Anand Teelucksingh:Well, primary ones can find the wiki if they use Google search

Heidi Ullrich:they should be using the Dashboard...

Ariel Liang:but it is not an effective landing page for the community

Ariel Liang:newcomers will get confused how to use it

Heidi Ullrich:@Ariel, I agree the dashboard is confusing for newcomers

Dev Anand Teelucksingh:agreed, a redesign is needed for wiki, the wiki needs to have a menu/section for newcomers that discover the wiki page where they can go to next

Heidi Ullrich:What is a wireframe

Ariel Liang:wireframe is similar to the structure of a website

Ariel Liang:[http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Website\\_wireframe](http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Website_wireframe)

Heidi Ullrich:Thanks!

Heidi Ullrich:When would new content be developed? Many of the pages are out of date...

Steve Allison:we can do some of this in tandem. My hope is that during the design work, we can concept on what topics should be written at least to support the designs/wireframes so that we can present a polished product, and then over the long term we can discuss a strategy to consistently develop new content

Laura Bengford:We can also may leverage some of the Getting Started / newcomer guides from icann.org

Steve Allison:Thanks Laura. I think we're thinking the same. Some of that content is the most comprehensive for newcomers

Heidi Ullrich:Good idea, Laura

Heidi Ullrich:There is likely up to date info on the wiki as well

Laura Bengford:Maybe leverage events or the calender filtered for ALAC.

Heidi Ullrich:Thanks very much Ariel and Steve!

Anthony Niiganii (MBE):thanks Ariel and Steve

Dev Anand Teelucksingh:indeed, much food for thought

Heidi Ullrich:The Board Resolution page might be a model to follow for ALAC Policy Advice: <https://features.icann.org/resolutions>

Laura Bengford:Depending on the artwork required could be by UX designer or graphic designer. Usually they are one offs as needed.

Anthony Niiganii (MBE):great question Olivier about the look and feel

Laura Bengford:Also photos can be used.

Heidi Ullrich:Photos will personalize it

Heidi Ullrich:we also have some great graphics already developed we could use

Dev Anand Teelucksingh:I think there are other synergies and similarities with other ACs (SSAC, GAC, RSSAC)

Dev Anand Teelucksingh:ACs generate correspondence for eg

Anthony Niigani (MBE):just taken it in

Laura Bengford:+1 on the synergies

Ariel Liang:agree with Steve - need to identify what are the most important content for updates

Ariel Liang:and then figure out the ways for update

Steve Allison:Laura can you talk about accessibility and translation

Laura Bengford:We can work on Accessibility in tandem with Accessibility WG and tools developed. Also translation

Ariel Liang:<http://atlarge.icann.org/correspondence>

Anthony Niigani (MBE):I agree with Laura, and this is something that should be brought up with the Accessibility WG as there is discussion about developing checklist for virtual participation, in whatever form that may take

Heidi Ullrich:+1 Laura and Anthony

Heidi Ullrich:I agree that the Accessibility WG - with the TTF - could advise on this point

Heidi Ullrich:Ariel and All - please take a look at the board resolution page: <https://features.icann.org/resolutions>

Anthony Niigani (MBE):unfortunately I am not available to participate tomorrow., and will catch up with the recording.

Ariel Liang:@Heidi that's a good example!

Dev Anand Teelucksingh:re: board resolution page, the categories is the idea, however correspondence can have multiple "tags" - gTLDs, IDN

Anthony Niigani (MBE):I can see that many people who come to the site first do not see a "welcome greeting" that is important to foster community engagement

Anthony Niigani (MBE):that could be why some many jump

Heidi Ullrich:Good point, Anthony

Heidi Ullrich:Great job, Ariel and Steve!!! Also, thanks to the community web team!! We selected the right people!

Laura Bengford:Great meeting, thank you everyone!

Anthony Niigani (MBE):I will prepare some thoughts tonight that can be shared with everyone.

Heidi Ullrich:Thanks, Ariel

Heidi Ullrich:Anthony, I meant!

Heidi Ullrich:I write "Thanks, Ariel" so often ;)

Anthony Niigani (MBE)::) it's ok...Ariel is a team member anywhere

Ariel Liang:hahaha

Ariel Liang:thanks Heidi

Anthony Niigani (MBE):Ekosani Everyone! Kinanaskomitinawa!

Ariel Liang:Thank you bye bye

Heidi Ullrich:bye!

Dev Anand Teelucksingh:Take care all

Steve Allison:Thanks all. bye

**Adobe recording**

**Transcription**

**Action items >>**

- ✓ Product team (Steve Allison) to propose a method for producing artwork in the long run
- ✓ The website project team (Dev Anand Teelucksingh, Olivier Crepin-Leblond, Anthony Niiganii) to review the questions from the target audience and identify key activities and information about the At-Large community to be presented on the new website in the near future meeting
- ✓ The website project team (Dev Anand Teelucksingh, Olivier Crepin-Leblond, Anthony Niiganii) to deep dive in the Correspondence page in next meeting
- ✓ Ariel Liang to explain to Steve about the Correspondence Page and the PD page on the wiki

## Project Charter

## 22 August 2014

### Action Items >>

- ✓ Steve Allison to speak with Chris Gift and Laura Bengford to:
  - ✓ 1) Understand and set realistic goal for the website revamp project based on current
  - ✓ 2) Identify vendor for the website (possibly Column Five?)
- ✓ Steve Allison to review the community interview transcripts and summary posted on this page.
- ✓ Steve Allison to review the At-Large Beginner's Guides: 1) Participating in At-Large, 2) Policy Advice in ALAC, 3) At-Large Structure
- ✓ Ariel Liang to review the At-Large website page by page and identify the problems of the site in a specific manner
- ✓ Ariel Liang to start drafting the project background, current situation, and objective section of the project charter
- ✓ Ariel Liang to brainstorm possible community survey based on the interview questions
- ✓ Ariel Liang to review materials of Column Five: Capabilities & Process Review

## 08 August 2014

### Agenda >>

1. Introduction
2. Review of the Budget
3. Review of the Timeline
4. People involved and work breakdown
5. Project management
6. Extent of At-Large community involvement

### Action Items >>

- ✓ Ariel Liang and Laura Bengford to review the interviews and identify potential themes for the website (the themes will be part of the project charter).
- ✓ Ariel Liang and Laura Bengford to set up a work session and complete the first draft of the project charter.
- ✓ Ariel Liang to inform Dev and Olivier about the making of the project charter and later ask them to comment on the draft.
- ✓ Laura Bengford to figure out the requirement of project management and try to identify a person from the web team to be the project manager (possibly Kyle?).
- ✓ Heidi Ullrich to identify the 3rd community member to be on the task force.