

---

YESIM NAZLAR:

Good morning, good afternoon, and good evening to everyone. Welcome to the APRALO Monthly Call, taking place on Thursday, 22<sup>nd</sup> of November 2018 at 06:00 UTC.

On our call today, on the English channel we have Satish Babu, Cheryl Langdon-Orr, Ali AlMeshal, Tomohiro Fujisaki, Lianna Galstyan, Hanan Khatib, Nadira Al-Araj, Kaili Kan, Maheeshwara Kirindigoda, Gunela Astbrink, Hong Xue, Leon Sanchez, Mili Semlani, and Pavan Budhrani.

Currently, we don't have any participants listed on the Chinese channel.

We have received apologies from Maureen Hilyard and Holly Raiche.

From staff side, we have Silvia Vivanco; and myself, Yeşim Nazlar. I'll be doing the call management for today's call.

Our Chinese interpreter is Ray.

Before we start, kind reminder for everyone to state your names please before speaking not only for the interpretation, but also for the transcription purposes as well.

Now I would like to leave the floor back to you, Satish. Thank you very much.

SATISH BABU:

Thank you very much, Yesim, for starting the call. And Good morning, good afternoon, and good evening. Welcome to the November Monthly

---

*Note: The following is the output resulting from transcribing an audio file into a word/text document. Although the transcription is largely accurate, in some cases may be incomplete or inaccurate due to inaudible passages and grammatical corrections. It is posted as an aid to the original audio file, but should not be treated as an authoritative record.*

---

Call of APRALO. This call has been moved from October to November because of the Barcelona meeting, and again, from the initial date to today because of IGF.

We have a bunch of issues to discuss today. Let's get started. We see that we have Leon Sanchez, a board member, with us today. On behalf of all of us, I'd like to welcome Leon to this meeting.

Our first agenda item, rather agenda item number two, is the APRALO membership matters. I see that on the agenda on the Wiki, I see Mili Semlani as the individual member in the pipeline, but I don't see it in the AC room agenda, so there is probably some synchronization issue. So, maybe staff can—

YESIM NAZLAR:

If I may, Satish, just give me two seconds please and let me get it uploaded right away. Apologies for the inconvenience.

SATISH BABU:

Right. No problem. Please, go ahead. So, in the membership plan, we have one individual member, and as soon as the update happens on the screen, we will take it up. But we will now move on to the next agenda item which is on the At-Large Review Implementation or the ARIWG, the working group which is in charge of that. Maureen is not on the call today, but we do have Cheryl with us. Cheryl, please go ahead with the update on the At-Large Review Implementation. Cheryl, are you muted?

---

CHERYL LANGDON-ORR: I wasn't muted, but I will try again, removing the headset that checked out perfectly when we did our audio test earlier. Can you hear me now?

SATISH BABU: Yes. You're loud and clear.

CHERYL LANGDON-ORR: Good. I don't know why it stopped between testing and [inaudible] but there you go. Gremlins. Yes, Satish. It is my pleasure to update on APRALO on an exciting – almost exciting – turn of events regarding ARIWG work.

As all of you undoubtedly know, Maureen is chairing the small implementation of the review issues working group and that we've worked since the board resolution on producing a consensus on the detailed implementation plan and worked with staff from ICANN Org to ensure that their detailed implementation plan for 8 out of the 16 issues that the independent examiner identified. They were the 8 we agreed with, said we would do something about in terms of review implementation and that the board approved back in June for us to work on. Any budget implications to do with our detailed implementation plan.

That plan needs to be – and I hope Leon is listening and has a smile on his face – in the hands of the Organizational Effectiveness Committee before the 23<sup>rd</sup> of December this year, being six-month mark from the resolution of the board.

---

We, as the ARIWG group, believe we have completed that task and it either has or is about to go to the At-Large Advisory Committee for endorsement at its November meeting. It is a significant piece of work. There is a huge number of people who have contributed to it, including many and not just the usual suspects from Asia-Pacific. I think that we should all be quite pleased with it.

The document itself does go into details of the 8 issues out of the 16 which I mentioned earlier, but does mention for completion's sake what we are doing with the additional five issues that we have already been working on before the board resolved any of our issues for implementation and are part of a continuous improvement program so we don't [inaudible] under the ARIWG work or the At-Large Review Implementation project, that they are in the document for completion sake, as are the three issues which we are not dealing with at this time for one of two reasons. They are out of scope, such as using auction funds from the new gTLD process to some At-Large which is just a bizarre and peculiar suggestion and clearly a no-go because it's just not in anybody's mandate. But those things which are very expensive and very complicated and that we did not recommend to the board that we even pursue.

So, it's almost [inaudible]. Once it gets through the ALAC process, it will obviously be published and I hope everyone takes a good look at it, because now, we get to actually do the work and that needs to involve many, if not all, of you. That's it from me on that. Thank you.

SATISH BABU:

Thank you very much, Cheryl, for the update. It's been really a lot of work, a lot of great work, [inaudible] that the review recommendations [inaudible] all the way to taking to the board and [inaudible] some of the most contentious issues and stewarding the process [inaudible] current stage when we are at the [inaudible] and we are starting the implementation.

As Cheryl points out, there is more work and it is going to stretch until [inaudible] next two years or so when it gets completed. So, this is really a great bit of work by everybody, Maureen, Cheryl, Holly.

It's also interesting to note that the main leaders are from Asia-Pacific [inaudible]. I hear some echo, so if you're not speaking, please mute.

We now pick up the previous agenda, which is the membership pipeline. We have one individual member application that is pending. This is from Mili Semlani from Mumbai, India. I'd like to know from staff if all the formalities have been completed. Silvia, do you have an update on this? Because Evin who handles this is actually missing. She's an apology today, not present today. As far as I know, it's all complete. Yes, please, go ahead, Silvia.

SILVIA VIVANCO:

Yes. Evin is not present at the moment, but she has completed all the formal requirements which are met. So, it's just I think a matter of formality for APRALO to go ahead and approve this request. Thank you.

SATISH BABU: Alright. Thanks, Silvia. Since all the formalities are complete and there have been no other comments on this, we would like to declare that Mili Semlani is now an individual member of APRALO. I think Mili is online and I'd like to welcome Mili on behalf of all of us. Mili, would you like to say hi?

MILI SEMLANI: Hi. I hope I'm audible. Thank you for accepting my application. I'm really excited and looking forward to being an active and engaged member of APRALO.

SATISH BABU: Yeah. So, thanks, and welcome, Mili. With that, we now move on to an important part of our – perhaps the most important part of our call which is the policy updates. Today, we have, as we said, Maureen and Holly who are an apology but we do have Cheryl and Kaili also on the call. So, I will request Cheryl to take us through the list of policy updates first.

CHERYL LANGDON-ORR: Thank you, Satish. Just coming off mute. Yes, I'm happy to do so. Just while we're diving into the policy updates, can I just make sure that the agenda that you're operating on in future, at least the one that was displaying in the Wiki earlier, shows the link I just put into chat as the ALAC policy page? The link when I used it pulled up a 404, but if you dig through the tree and know where to look, you can find the correct one.

But anyway, there's the correct one. We just might need to polish up the agenda or perhaps the agenda is okay now.

The other thing I would suggest we do with the agenda on this is just note that some of these that are listed in today's agenda are not in keeping with the current listing. We have things that are listing here that for whatever reason haven't been moved on from being drafted to – in fact, when their status is actually voted on and submitted. So, please do use the listing that we have at the At-Large policy development page.

With that, I will take you through a whirlwind of where we are up to moving slightly backwards. I'm not going to go through the full listing for time's sake that you have in your agenda pod which seems to be a true and accurate representation of everything I'm aware of. But I do want to just give you a little bit of background on those things that are currently coming off the list or going into soon to vote.

Just to let you know, the RDS WHOIS-2 document, the comment is now under [current] vote. So, that's being completed. Which is not shown on the list.

The CCT, the Consumer Choice review team, which of course had Kaili, our very own ALAC member from the Nominating Committee, being a major player in that. I think another one of those times when Asia-Pacific can be very proud of its contribution. That is [inaudible] close to finishing drafting. I'm hearing echo myself, but I shall try and ignore it. Its due date is the 27<sup>th</sup> of November. It will be going in on time, even if it

---

---

is only barely endorsed by the ALAC or still subject to endorsement, an intersessional vote immediately after the ALAC call.

The same can be said for the new gTLD auction proceedings draft. That is again due 27<sup>th</sup> of November. It is tracking on time and you should also note that Maureen has been a more than key player in that in the drafting, and again, guess where she comes from? Our region.

The final report on the second Security and Stability Advisory Committee Review, that is being drafted. There was the webinar which most of the drafters and a number of others of us attended earlier this week. It's not due until 3<sup>rd</sup> of December. It will be on time and going in. The next one is the one to do with the supplemental initial report on the new gTLD subsequent procedures policy development. These are the overarching issues work tracks [one, two, four]. That's due in on the 12<sup>th</sup> of December. And please note, again, APAC, Justine Chew holding the pen on that working through the consolidated policy working group and that very important contribution of course whilst noting Justine as penholder will be a consensus document from that for CPWG.

We then have the newer ones of the uniform dispute resolution policy not due until January and the inter-registry transfer policy which is due the end of December, 24<sup>th</sup> of December, the ALAC has not as of yet decided whether it will be making a comment on either of those. I suspect, however, it will be making a comment on the IRTP, the inter-registry transfer probably, because it has done so previously.

That said, we also have another very important one that has come out only today over the last 24 hours and that is the initial report on the



---

expedited policy development process, the EPDP, on the temporary specification for new gTLD registration data. That came out on the 21<sup>st</sup> of November UTC. It is a very short response time, being the 21<sup>st</sup> of December, and again seeing as we have no less than four people deeply engaged in that team, I would be highly surprised if we didn't find the ALAC do some sort of response to that.

That's the highlight for the holidays. Let me know if I can answer any questions.

SATISH BABU:

Thanks, Cheryl. In particular, we will take up as an action item the proper linking of the policy update agenda, synchronizing it with the ALAC page and I request staff to ensure that it gets done properly so that there is no confusion.

Are there any questions for Cheryl in the policy update? So, while you are thinking about it, I will go to ... Leon has raised his hand. Leon, please go ahead. Leon, are you muted?

LEON SANCHEZ:

Can you hear me?

SATISH BABU:

Yes.

LEON SANCHEZ:

Thank you, Satish. This is a [inaudible] for Cheryl—

YESIM NAZLAR: Leon, apologies for interrupting, but could you please adjust your microphone audio? We cannot hear you. It's really very low. We cannot hear you. You have to increase the volume of your microphone.

LEON SANCHEZ: Yes, Yesim. I will try to adjust that. I am not sure how to do that on my mobile device. Is that better?

SATISH BABU: Yeah, it's better now.

YESIM NAZLAR: Yes, it's better. Thank you.

LEON SANCHEZ: Trying again. Is that better?

SATISH BABU: Yes. Much better now.

LEON SANCHEZ: Thank you, and sorry for the inconvenience. So, I was saying that this is not a question but rather a comment or a follow-up on Cheryl's thorough update on policy. I think there are two very important issues for the At-Large community, one being the IRTT which is a set of

---

questions that the organization is asking two different parts of the community to answer. The part that is aimed to be answered by the users is just a four or five question survey but I think it is very important that we contribute with this effort because many of us are registrants and [inaudible] is a real pain to change registrars. These policies involving exactly the rules that pertain to a change of or transfers between registrars, I think it's very important for end users which happen to be also or could also be registrants to have this input from different regions in At-Large so that the organization is aware of the challenges that [inaudible] registrars.

The second one is, as Cheryl said, the EPDP initial report. You will find that there are several issues or several topics in this initial report that are very relevant to the At-Large community and the end user community, and it's also important to be aware that this initial report is trying to find common ground on the collection and retention of data that is gathered when register domain names. Another issue that will be of course addressed by the EPDP or the larger community, the ICANN community, is the access model that of course it's important to gain access to this data that's going to be gathered by [inaudible] registries.

But these two topics, while [ultimately] linked to each other, are being addressed in separate tracks at this point by the EPDP. So, you might not see a hint as to how the data that is being gathered could be accessed in the future, but that is not [inaudible] the report, but rather a feature that the EPDP has agreed to treat or to address these two subjects separately. So, the main focus of the initial report is to get the input from the community as to which data and for how much time it

---

---

should be collected and retained by the different registrars and registries in the ecosystem.

So, I think it's of the essence that the ALAC or the At-Large community provides input to these very important topics. I am also very grateful for the work done so far by the At-Large Review Implementation Working Group. I of course look forward to receiving your report on implementation in the OEC and I am very positive that the OEC will receive this report enthusiasm and [inaudible] of course continue to help implement and provide all the [inaudible] efforts that the At-Large community may need to implement the recommendations and get [inaudible]. Thanks so much, Satish.

SATISH BABU:

Thank you very much, Leon, for your intervention, both [inaudible] policy topics and the At-Large Review Implementation, the progress for the future as they go ahead. Are there any other comments or questions on discussions so far?

I will now, while the questions are coming up, I will ask Kaili ... Oh, Kaili has already raised his hand. Kaili, please go ahead.

KAILI KAN:

Thank you, Satish. Can you hear me?

SATISH BABU:

Yes.

KAILI KAN:

Okay, great. Well, [inaudible] just one point that [inaudible], that since we see final report, that is the Competition Consumer Trust and Consumer Choice, [inaudible] has finalized and submitted to the board all open for public comment and [inaudible] on November the 27<sup>th</sup>. So, [inaudible] new gTLDs and the policy [inaudible]. So, take a look to our website and [inaudible] policy for ICANN [inaudible] impact consumer [inaudible]. That's all. Thank you.

SATISH BABU:

Thanks, Kaili. Thanks for your input. Justine has also given ... The work that she's been doing in policy and [inaudible] is on the subgroup. She's prepared a slide deck which has been posted in the chat. Take a look. She also mentions that we have time to ... Still some time left to contribute to the comments. So, anyone interested, please look at the slide deck and then look at the Wiki as well.

So, we now move on to agenda item number four, as I don't see any other hands. The first agenda item is on the ICANN meeting, the forthcoming ICANN meeting at Kobe. We have scheduled ... Since it is in our region, it is up to us to organize the outreach and networking events at ICANN 64 at Kobe.

Ali is actually coordinating this activity, but Ali has told us that he may not be able to speak, although he is in the call, he is listening in. Ali, would you be able to speak now?

---

ALI ALMESHAL: Yes, I can. Hello?

SATISH BABU: You are a little bit low in volume. Please speak loudly. Otherwise, you are clear.

ALI ALMESHAL: Sure. No problem. Just moving out from the [inaudible]. So, how is it now? Can you hear me clearly? Hello?

SATISH BABU: Yes. Yes.

ALI ALMESHAL: Great. Okay. For those who were with us and to the outreach and engagement call, yesterday or the day before – I don't remember. I keep missing the days. Just a brief update about the initiatives that we are doing through the APRALO to coordinate the outreach and engagement activities in the Kobe meeting. So, it goes on two things or three things. First is the pre-event activities that we are trying to do to educate and try to attract as much as possible from the Japanese community to attend, and due to the language and some culture, let's say, concerns, there will be some [inaudible] done to them. And it has been arranged with the GSE for the region, Jia-Rong. We are just waiting for the final timeline for that.

The good news is that there are a number of technical entities and government parties who are very much interested and keen to help and sponsor a number of activities, as per the feedback I received from Jia-Rong – I mean, from [inaudible]. So, a number of them trying to ... They want to arrange to do workshops, to help to sponsor, which is good news.

The second part is that during the event activities, what I have shared with the GSE is about to go through the same practice that we have done in Morocco which was a very successful [inaudible] that we have invited a good number of students in the technical community. We have developed a good program for them to bring them to the ICANN meetings. But this one needs to be arranged through the outreach and engagement community as well as the NCUC as a collaborative activity together. So, to get them [inaudible] the newcomer days or to get them through the At-Large program as well. The other meetings or activities [inaudible] done through the ICANN week of meetings.

Jia-Rong as well says he's very interested in this and he wants to have this plan so he can share it and see what are the possibilities of [inaudible] students throughout [inaudible] and Kobe or from other cities within Japan as well.

For [inaudible], the third one is for APRALO as being in our region, as mentioned yesterday by [Glenn] about we need to prepare our co-chairs to look after the food and what we want to do with food during the meeting. Secondly, if we want to do a networking or what we call a get-together. I spoke with Edmon about this as well and he shows his interest to sponsor an event that we would like to do. But I would like to

---

receive feedback, suggestions, and ideas from the team and from APRALO community what they are interested and what things we can do through our [inaudible] working session or get-together session.

So, [inaudible] Satish, unless somebody has any inquiries or requests, I'm more than happy to answer.

SATISH BABU:

Thank you very much, Ali. As you can see, we are working closely with Jia-Rong and his team and Japan actually raises several challenges, as Ali mentioned. Language and culture being some of them. We also have our local partner, dot-Asia, Edmon and dot-Asia. Net Mission, which is their youth program. Net Mission also is planning some activities.

Silvia has very kindly created a Wiki page for all the activities, the outreach and engagement and networking activities at Kobe. The page has just been started a couple of days back. Now, we hope to be able to fill up as we are clearer about the exact kind of events that we will be having. So, by next call in maybe December we should provide a more nuanced update on this. Yes, Cheryl, please go ahead.

CHERYL LANGDON-ORR:

[inaudible], Satish. I apologize for the background noise on my line. It's family time at the [inaudible] here. Just a question and we do have time to do it. Could we explore the efficacy in rationale in having some appropriate – and I don't [inaudible] that term to be discussed – outreach materials created in Japanese? Certainly, that is something that may or may not be done with GSE. But I've just been very aware

---



that local language is going to be a significant issue. I'm also aware that the simplicity of appropriately handing over a business card with perhaps a Q code or a decent sticky link to material we want them to look at could be of benefit. Thank you.

SATISH BABU:

Thanks, Cheryl. I think it's a good idea. The language issue has already been raised in yesterday's meeting as well as now. So, it will be good to have some [inaudible] material, including the [inaudible] material like business cards in the local language so that then they can liaise with us better.

We also have our ALSes in Japan. We also have ISOC chapter in Japan. We hope to be able to put them all in for our networking activities that we are planning. I'm sure our ALSes and the ISOC chapter will be present at Kobe. We will be pulling them in as we move forward.

Are there any other comments on the outreach at Kobe? Any questions or comments? Not seeing any hands. We will move on to an update from the Social Media Working Group from Liana. Lianna, please go ahead.

LIANNA GALSTYAN:

Thank you, Satish. Hello, everyone. This is Lianna speaking for the record. Just a little bit update on the Social Media Working Group which has done great work during the Barcelona meeting.

The APRALO representatives are me and Amrita in this group, but I haven't been – I didn't attend the meeting myself, but Amrita was there

---

and the other members also did great reporting and sharing all the events that have been done during the meeting, the Barcelona meeting.

Now, with the meeting coming up to Kobe and it's in our region, I think that we really need to promote all those events that are being planned now and all the outreach meetings that we have just discussed, so we'll be ready to post all the details on this and promote more participation on this, which is an ongoing process. We'll be [inaudible] ready to do that and also sharing the activities in the newsletter and the other social media channels that we use. Satish, over to you.

SATISH BABU:

Thank you, Lianna. Lianna, I would also suggest that when we talk of Kobe and social media, as Cheryl has mentioned, we might also need to put out some tweets or posts in the local language so that they can also relate to these things. I'm not sure how we can do this, but it will be good to consider that option.

I think Mili has raised her hand. Mili, please go ahead. Sorry. Lianna, go ahead. After that, Mili will speak.

LIANNA GALSTAYAN:

Thank you. What I was saying, I think we can work with our ALSes in Japan and we can use [inaudible] language to make sure that the local community is aware of those events. So, we'll be working with them. I will contact them later and see how [inaudible] we can go with [inaudible].

---

SATISH BABU: Lianna, we can't hear you. You are very faint. Can you speak louder or turn up your microphone, so that we can hear you better?

LIANNA GALSTYAN: Is it better now? Hello?

YESIM NAZLAR: Hi, Lianna. No, it's not better for now. Could you please increase the volume of your microphone? I think you're on mobile right now. Or please let me know if you need a dial-out.

LIANNA GALSTYAN: I am on mobile, yes.

SATISH BABU: Okay. So, we are actually not able to hear you. It is very faint. I would suggest that staff do a call-out and get Lianna back. In the meantime, we will take up the question from Mili. Mili, please go ahead. Mili, are you muted? Mili, can you hear us? I think she just came in again. She got dropped and—

YESIM NAZLAR: Yes, she's back now.

SATISH BABU: Yeah. Please go ahead, Mili.

MILI SEMLANI:

Okay. Thank you. I just wanted to make a small comment to both Ali and Lianna's point. [inaudible] language in Japan is a concern, and social media wise, LINE as a platform is far more popular. It is a Japanese social media network. It's [inaudible] for Japan. It's just a small suggestion. And if you are looking at doing more engagement and pre-event outreach as well, to explore LINE as a medium, especially for Japan as a social network. I think it adds on a little more, another social channel with [inaudible] that we have. But it's fairly more effective for the audience [inaudible] ICANN Kobe in mind. Thank you.

SATISH BABU:

Right. Thanks, Mili, for this addition. So, we will pass it on to the Social Media Working Group, and as Lianna just mentioned, the Social Media group will also be consulting with our existing ALSes and ISOC chapters there so that they can out with an optimal mix of social media like what was just mentioned right now.

So, we are still trying to get Lianna. Lianna, can you hear us now?

LIANNA GALSTYAN:

Yes. Do you hear me?

SATISH BABU:

Yeah. I can hear you. Please go ahead.

---

LIANNA GALSTYAN: Thank you. So, yes, exactly that was my point, that we will work closely with our ALS in Japan and use their knowledge and their connections for the outreach events, doing that in Japanese. I think this is really important, the language issue, so as to have more engaged community and members being [inaudible]. And thank you, Mili, for her note as well. We will take that into consideration as well for the social media platform being more popular in Japan.

SATISH BABU: Thanks, Lianna. Over to Cheryl.

CHERYL LANGDON-ORR: Thank you, Satish. Just a [inaudible] cognition where I had more than three [inaudible] connecting in the last minute. It strikes me that we may have an opportunity with social media work and the Japanese students and whatever [inaudible] may or may not be doing to see if we could get one or two – maybe even three – locally based bloggers who are going to be there throughout the ICANN meeting. That could make a huge difference because it will be local language, local vernacular, hopefully even well-known bloggers. Just as I said, rush of blood in my head. Just wanted to share.

SATISH BABU: Thanks, Cheryl. I think that's also a great idea because a blog [inaudible] after we finish with the meeting as well and we can refer back to it and in the local language. That's a great idea. We will raise that also as [inaudible] to the Social Media Working Group.

---

---

I am mindful of the time. We have 10 minutes, 12 minutes left, and we have a bunch of items now. We have a brief update on the IGF 2018 which was held last week in Paris. Lianna, would you like to go? Please, go ahead.

LIANNA GALSTYAN:

Thank you, Satish. Just a brief update on IGF in Paris which was last week. The APRALO representatives, Satish, Maureen, me, and other ALS representatives were attending this event, the global IGF. There was a booth, a joint booth, with At-Large and the ISOC chapters. I must say that it was well-attended by participants. There was great interest and the location of the booth was very good. We had many attendees. I should acknowledge the participation and volunteering work done by Satish, Maureen, Glenn. They were all the time at the booth trying to do the outreach. We had the brochures, APRALO brochures there. There were some pins being distributed [inaudible] At-Large.

Also, I would like to mention our participation at the session. Satish has participated to the block chain session and some others being the speaker. I was on the main session as well, [inaudible] IGF and doing meetings with the dynamic coalition for all the [inaudible] on Internet governance. This is another great initiative being done to combine all the efforts and experience of [inaudible] in all the regions. Happy to update that. Satish was there. We have contributed also with our experience on the local [inaudible] that we are doing, initiating in our country.

Satish, if you have any more updates to add. And just the [inaudible]. You might be aware that the next IGF will be in Berlin next year at the end of the year.

SATISH BABU:

Yeah. Thanks, Lianna. I really don't have much to add now except to say that IGF is an important platform where we have to make our presence felt and [inaudible] APRALO [inaudible] ICANN At-Large. So, this time, it was actually quite well represented. We were quite [inaudible] experience for all of us. We hope to be able to participate in Berlin next year as well.

So, moving on now to the ICANN 63 update. I'll quickly run through the highlights. Ali and I were the representatives from APRALO in ICANN 63. The major milestone for At-Large was that Maureen took over as the ALAC chair and this is a very satisfying time for APRALO because Maureen is from our region. So, we look forward to working as closely as we've been doing in the past.

The ALAC also took a number of positions, including an update to the Rules of Procedure which was basically tweaked, nothing very significant. The At-Large Review Implementation Working Group did meet and several sessions in fact to the group. The ATLAS-3, planning for the ATLAS-3 has started. It is moving forward and you will hear shortly from the ATLAS-3 planning group on how it is going to impact us. As usual, we had the most exciting part about ICANN 63 was of course the EPDP which attracted a lot of attention. But apart from EPDP, this was just yesterday, came out of the report. We also had the regular

---

meeting with the GAC, the board, and ccNSO, RSSAC, and SSAC [inaudible].

The CPWG was also a focus of attention in several sessions because many of us felt that CPWG was a very important – in fact, some would call it a breakthrough innovation in At-Large by taking on a single consolidated view of all policy and then ensuring that it is responded to. So, that was a very important part.

Then, we had a bunch of [inaudible] development sessions, some of which ... Some of the decisions from there actually are going to impact us as well. The EURALO had a general assembly.

We had the joint At-Large and NCUC outreach event which has been now happening for the last two meetings of ICANN. This again is an innovation that happened the last two years and it has helped us to coherently [inaudible] the community because the community sometimes gets confused as to why NCUC, why At-Large, what's the difference and so on. So, in these sessions, we focus on what are the areas that we agree on and we cooperate on and it has now become a well-established part of each ICANN meeting.

I think these are the general highlights. More details are there online. David Olive has sent across the post-ICANN 63 report which I always find very useful. I have also kind of [inaudible] to our [inaudible] group, so please take a look and see what interests you.

Now we move on to the agenda item number six which is on the APRALO policy hot topics for the next year. Now, one of the positions taken at the RALO development session was that each RALO should

---



work on its regional priorities for policy. It could be the same as what ICANN considers as priority but it could also be different. It could be some element which are region specific as well.

The objective of doing this is to finally consolidate from all the five RALOs a list of policy hot topics and create something that would be useful [inaudible] also ATLAS to be planning [inaudible] development. In fact, a bunch of different uses.

So, I would like to ... Now we have two volunteers who have promised to help us in coordinating this [inaudible]. One is Justine who has been involved in policy. The other is Nadira who also has volunteered to support this process. So, anymore volunteers are welcome.

This task, which is basically creating a survey online, sending it to all our individual members and ALSes, getting their response and then consolidating the sum of all the responses. This is the task and it has got to be finished before the end of December so that we can present it by the early part of the January both to the community as well as to the At-Large.

So, if anyone else is interested, this is an open call. Please contact staff and say that you want to be part of the policy hot topics process and they will add you to the list and we will get started quite soon on this work. Thanks to Justine and Nadira who have volunteered. So, staff, I'd like an action point on this, please. We will close the call maybe in another five days' time, so we're talking about maybe the 27<sup>th</sup> or 28<sup>th</sup> of November. And before this time, anyone who wants to join the group, I welcome.

---

---

Now, we move on to an update from Nadira on the NomCom. Nadira, please go ahead.

NADIRA AL-ARAJ:

We decided to have [inaudible] meeting in April to do the screening of all of the applicants, and this year also we have [inaudible] At-Large we have [inaudible] from NARALO and [inaudible] Tracy Hackshaw and [inaudible] from EURALO and Tracy from LACRALO.

There is some from the SSAC and I'm sure a NomCom member will also find that the time is [inaudible] decided to [inaudible] appointing someone soon.

And some kind of development for the GAC is [inaudible] new changes is happening and I hope in the future there will be some GAC NomCom member [inaudible] as well. But [inaudible] work at ICANN [inaudible] AC/SO.

As for the current, the focus today is more on the leadership position opening, leadership position. As you can see, I'm sharing [inaudible] on the Adobe room. We have ten open positions. We have three seats for the ICANN board. And for the GNSO Council, there is two seats for the contracted parties [inaudible] contracting house. And for the At-Large committee – sorry, ALAC committee – there is three seats, one for AFRALO and one for LACRALO. I do encourage all who are with us here to think, to apply, to the different positions for the [inaudible] network [inaudible] who are really [inaudible] location. That would be very helpful. And continue with the remaining seats, one for the ccNSO. For

---

this year, we have extra for the [inaudible] we will be also appointing, selecting someone also for the [inaudible]. Thank you.

SATISH BABU:

Thank you very much, Nadira. Now since we are short of time, I would request the last two items to be very brief. Over to you, Lianna, for the call for volunteers for ALS [inaudible] in the future monthly calls.

LIANNA GALSTYAN:

Thank you, Satish. I'll be brief. We had previously used this practice to represent [inaudible] monthly calls one of our ALSes about the activities, what they do locally and what they are interested in, etc. So, we have decided that this is a good practice and we would like it to bring back. So, we're suggesting to all of our ALSes every month to contact us and we will make a queue like for every monthly call. We will give a slot in the monthly call for several minutes to represent your ALSes. This is really very interesting and important for the engagement and for all the community, for the network, to know what you are doing. Later on, all these activities will also transfer to the new slides. So, you will have that update highlight of the ALS in a newsletter as well.

This is the open call, so I really encourage everyone to volunteer and speak up about your ALS. Thank you, Satish.

SATISH BABU:

Thank you, Lianna. I request us to make an action item on this. A mail has to go out to all ALSes. We are not considering individual members at

this point, but ALSes, for volunteering for making a brief presentation in the next meetings.

The last item is on the Fiscal Year 20 additional budget request. Over to you, Silvia.

SILVIA VIVANCO:

Thank you very much, Satish. Yes. I would like to mention briefly that the Fiscal Year 20 additional budget request process has started and [inaudible] last week all the RALOs. This process, as you know, [inaudible] over the ICANN annual budget that is set aside to fund [inaudible] from the community for activities that are not already included in the current ICANN budget.

The Fiscal Year additional budget [inaudible] covers the period from July 1<sup>st</sup> through June 30, 2020. There is a lot of information available on the workspace that [inaudible] to the agenda. This includes [inaudible] details, process, and principles and templates. APRALO has designated two representatives for the Fiscal Year Finance & Budget Subcommittee and they will be participating in the discussions and deliberations of all [inaudible] and all ALSes have the [inaudible] submit their request by the 4<sup>th</sup> of January 2019 to At-Large staff. I think that's a very brief overview. Thank you very much. Satish, over to you.

SATISH BABU:

Thank you very much, Silvia. Yes, Cheryl, for a quick intervention.

---

CHERYL LANGDON-ORR: Thank you. I just want to make sure, Silvia, you just may not have made it clear enough to any of the ALS or [inaudible] an AVR that the Regional At-Large Organization, and I'm assuming it will be either the leadership team or a subcommittee designated for the purpose, including key members of the leadership team, need to endorse any of the requests, that they can't go directly to the controller. They need to go through the RALO and get RALO endorsement and then go through the Finance & Budget Subcommittee triage. Thank you.

SATISH BABU: That's correct. All the requests have to be routed through the RALOs for endorsement. So, I apologize for the five minutes over running our meeting time. I'd like to thank everybody who joined this meeting and have participated to the meeting. We will meet again in December and we will take up some of the overflow items during that meeting. So, assuming that there are no burning last-minute interventions, I don't see any hands up so far. [inaudible]. Yeah.

So, thanks again, and over to you, Yesim, for closing this call.

YESIM NAZLAR: Thank you very much, Satish. Thank you, all, for joining this meeting. This meeting has now ended. Have a lovely rest of the day. Bye-bye.

**[END OF TRANSCRIPTION]**