
CLAUDIA RUIZ:

Okay. We will now begin the official recording of this call. Good morning, good afternoon, and good evening, everyone. Welcome to the At-Large Regional Leadership Call on Thursday, the 4th of October, 2018, at 17:00 UTC.

On the call today, on the English channel, we have Olivier Crepin-LeBlond, Daniel Nanghaka, Ali AlMeshal, Judith Hellerstein, Eduardo Diaz, Glenn McKnight, and Alfredo Calderon.

On the Spanish channel, we have Maritza Augero.

We have received apologies from Maureen Hilyard, Satish Babu, Wale Bakare, and Humberto Carrasco.

From staff, we have Silvia Vivanco, Evin Erdogdu; and myself, Claudia Ruiz, on call management.

Our interpreters for today are Veronica and Claudia.

Before we begin, I would like to remind everyone to please state their name before speaking for transcription purposes and also so the interpreters may identify you on the other language channels and to please keep your mics on mute when not speaking to prevent any background noise.

Thank you. And with this, I turn it over to you, Olivier.

Note: The following is the output resulting from transcribing an audio file into a word/text document. Although the transcription is largely accurate, in some cases may be incomplete or inaccurate due to inaudible passages and grammatical corrections. It is posted as an aid to the original audio file, but should not be treated as an authoritative record.

OLIVIER CREPIN-LEBLOND: Thank you very much. Welcome, everyone. I'm Olivier Crepin-LeBlond. As per the usual procedures, which means that the RALO meeting is chaired by the region that is going to have the next ICANN meeting, I'll be your chair today. We've got a big agenda, as per usual, that will take us through the next 90 minutes.

First, we'll review the action items. Then, we'll have a discussion for 50 minutes on the RALO hot topics. After that, RALO outreach and engagement strategic plans. That should take probably less than 15 minutes, I guess, because I noticed that nearly all RALOs have filed those. Then, we'll have a criteria for the RALO fiscal year 19 discretionary funding and that's something which is new and not all the regions have so far worked on or made use of. Then, we're going to go for some fun stuff, which is cleaning up a lot of things. The At-Large regional leadership workspace, the Wiki, the website, the decertification of ALS work spaces, the location maps, the whole thing. So, it's quite a chunk of work here which might take a little more than ten minutes. Then, we will be preparing the agenda for the face-to-face meeting in Barcelona which is likely to perhaps include some of the items that we might require further discussion based on the current meeting. Finally, we'll have AOB if we ever reach that point. Are there any amendments or additions to this agenda? I'm not seeing anyone putting their hand up, so the agenda is adopted as it currently is displayed on your screen.

We can now move to the review of our action items from the last call which was back on the 19th of July. A lot of action items back then. Most of them have been completed. I'm going to read through to see if there is any follow-up on any of these that is required.

First one for Silvia to include the RALO hot topics to the agenda of the August teleconference. We're going to talk about that in a moment. Secondly – and of course it's not August now. We're over in October already. Next, Silvia to have a topic for best practices to improve two-way communication between ALAC representatives and RALOs to be included in agenda for the Barcelona meeting. So, that we can talk about when we meet face-to-face in Barcelona. Olivier to contact RALO co-chairs of the ALAC outreach and engagement working group who will work on their respective O&E plans. That's also currently being undertaken. All RALOs unanimously agreed to recommend to the ALAC that the CROP Review Team be eliminated. That was indeed eliminated. The next item is also to add this item for decision on the July ALAC call. They ratified it. Goodbye Crop Review Team.

Then, Silvia Vivanco to reach out to the RALOs asking them to designate two new CROP program coordinators. I'm not sure whether that has been followed up on this. I certainly have been asked. Maybe Silvia has, actually, I think. It's just [inaudible] work on my plate.

SILVIA VIVANCO:

Yes, Olivier. Actually, it was our colleague, Benedetta, who was in charge of reaching out to the RALOs [inaudible] to designate two coordinators.

OLIVIER CREPIN-LEBLOND:

Perfect.

SILVIA VIVANCO: And I think the others have sent the coordinators. Thank you.

OLIVIER CREPIN-LEBLOND: Thanks for this, Silvia. Great. So, yes, indeed. I can confirm. Benedetta got in touch with certainly in EURALO, got in touch with me and asked for a new program coordinator. I gather it was the same for all the other regions.

RALO FY19 request for funding to support an outreach activity. They're adding the criteria to a Google doc which we're going to be discussing later on in this call.

Heidi to add criteria text on travel and [inaudible] points. Okay. That also goes in the text that we will be looking at in a moment.

Alan Greenberg to consolidate the various documents and papers on the ALS criteria and expectations and send it to the At-Large Review Implementation Working Group. I think that's still in progress. There's all sorts of paperwork on this.

Heidi to look to the RALO 2010 survey and its usefulness and get back to the group. We haven't heard from Heidi, but we'll be looking at the RALO 2010 survey shortly.

Hadia to inform the At-Large Review Implementation Working Group of the draft text for the survey and request a review. Well, we haven't looked yet at putting the survey together.

The third action item on this is for Olivier to inform the subcommittee on outreach and engagement of the timeline for the survey. We haven't worked on that yet.

Silvia, Evin, and Heidi to take a first swipe at updating the regional leadership Wiki pages to be reorganized, updated, and to archive all Wikis. We're going to be discussing this later on in this call.

And the final two. Evin to arrange for professional photos to be taken at ICANN meeting so they can be placed on the RALO Wiki. Just a note to everyone to bring at least a [inaudible] with them to the Barcelona meeting just in case a picture gets taken and perhaps something nice to wear.

Finally, Yesim to send a Doodle for a call late August, which has transformed itself into October.

That's the action items now. Any comments, questions, additions, deletions, green ticks, red ticks? I note that this is all fine. Oh, there is a hand up from Eduardo Diaz.

EDUARDO DIAZ:

What is this survey that we talked about? I forgot. If you can refresh our memories, thank you.

OLIVIER CREPIN-LEBLOND:

Thank you for this, Eduardo. So, the survey is the 2010 RALO survey that we had, that is somewhere on the Wiki. I realize we're not going to talk about it today, are we? I'll find it.

Okay. So, in 2010, the RALOs conducted a survey of the members to try and find out what their members aspirations were, etc. The discussion we had I think on the last call was whether we should now send a new survey out because we are in 2018 and we have a lot more At-Large Structures, maybe very different sets of ideas and aims. I know that some RALOs have done surveys since. They've updated their hot topics. They've spoken to their ALSes, but the question here is whether we can get an overall survey, deep-dive survey, of all of our At-Large Structures. It's not included in this program because Heidi, I guess, hasn't come back to us with the total results and find out if it was a useful thing for us to do. Maybe it is not useful at all, in which case, we don't need to spin our wheels. Does that help, Eduardo? Yes. I see an okay.

You ask whether anyone can note the link. I gather staff can send you the link or put the link in the chat. With this, we can now move to agenda item number four – nor four, three. The RALO hot topics.

Now, most of the RALOs – head over to that page. You'll find that most of the RALOs have actually a list of hot topics. AFRALO is very good. They've got hot topic report, 2018. So, they've updated theirs. They're in the process of updating them. But, most of the others are in 2017, EURALO included.

The question was whether we should compare notes on what process we could ask our RALOs regarding their hot topics. As you remember, the hot topics are very different from region to region. I note that the link for LACRALO goes to a Survey Money link, so I'm not sure whether there are any results yet. And I note that the way we've described it is very different from document to document, so do we want to have a

standard format for it? Are there any specific questions that we want to do? Do we want to perhaps ask our ALSes to choose from a specific set of hot topics in ICANN or do we want to keep this all open? Just an overall discussion, so that at the end, we might all end up with different hot topics but we've got a comment format in which we've displayed the hot topics, so it becomes easier to compare between one region and another. That's the suggestion. I'll turn to Ali AlMeshal. Number two.

ALI ALMESHAL:

Thanks, Olivier. According to the APRALO, the hot topics that we have gathered and we [are involved] in was on the survey that we had conducted [inaudible] survey, and based on the number of votes, the number of topics which came to the highest number of [inaudible]. Now, what [inaudible].

OLIVIER CREPIN-LEBLOND:

Thank you very much for this. Yes, Ali, thank you for this. So, you're saying that what's currently on the APRALO hot topics 2017 page is actually the 2018.

ALI ALMESHAL:

Yeah. This is the 2017 one. This is the latest one I guess that they have done.

OLIVIER CREPIN-LEBLOND: That's correct. Yes. So, what I was talking about is having a 2018, doing one in 2018, updating it, so that we all end up with 2018, because at the moment, I think that AFRALO has got 2018. EURALO is on 2017. APRALO, 2017. NARALO I think it's 2017 as well. And LACRALO, I'm not sure. Eduardo Diaz?

EDUARDO DIAZ: I think there's a [inaudible] here of hot topics on the definition because these hot topics really have to be hot topics within the ICANN framework. I mean, you cannot have hot topics here for how Burger King makes the hamburger. You know what I mean? And I'm not sure for these hot topics we have that kind of framework set anywhere. So, you might see different things happening in different RALOs. For example, in our RALO, one of the hot topics was net neutrality. That really doesn't have anything to do with [the DNS]. So, we need to define that these hot topics have to be really within the framework of ICANN. Otherwise, it doesn't make sense to have them here. If you want to talk about them somewhere else outside the ICANN remit. Thank you.

OLIVIER CREPIN-LEBLOND: Thanks very much, Eduardo. So, I gather that you would be going for option one, which is we as a group work out a large list of potential hot topics, then we get the ALSes to then take the topics which they say are hot topics, with a maximum number of topics, of course, per RALO.

EDUARDO DIAZ: I will take it further than that. I agree with you, and also I think we should, instead of having a bunch of hot topics, if – and I’m just taking this as an example. If we are working on gTLD subsequent procedures policy [inaudible], all the RALOs should talking about that, so all the RALOs should be able to understand what it is, talk about it, and submit any comments that affect the region based on what they understand that policy is. I think that’s what’s behind the hot topics. And these hot topics should be dynamic. Don’t do it only once a year. Let’s talk about it like we do and we’re doing it now and then prioritize them and have all the RALOs talk about it, because then, everybody will be [inaudible] and really helping [inaudible] At-Large is all about. Thank you.

OLIVIER CREPIN-LEBLOND: That’s great. Thanks for this, Eduardo. Next is Ali AlMeshal.

ALI ALMESHAL: Thanks. Sorry, I just need to refresh my memory. When we are doing or taking these hot topics, what’s the next action for that? Sorry, I know that [inaudible] another point [inaudible]. But, regarding these hot topics, what actions will we be doing later on? Are we conducting webinars? What things are we doing with that?

OLIVIER CREPIN-LEBLOND: Thanks for this, Ali. I think, from our experience in EURALO, we’ve looked at two potential follow-ups on that and we have done the two follow-ups on that. The first one, as you rightly say, is the webinars. We have a better idea of what the real interests are in our region regarding

some topics. So, when it comes down to if we wish to have additional webinars than the ones which are organized by the outreach or by the capacity building working group on specific hot topics, then we can ask for these.

On the other side, we've also got the ability to then follow-up and ask our ALSes about their skills and that is related to the skills survey where we started out in EURALO with having the list of hot topics and from there, we then took the hottest topic and tried to find out who in our RALO had those skills, what ALSes, what members in what ALSes, including individual members had this. And this is where, if you recall, when Yrjo and I explained what we did with a table of skill set, when there have been some public comments periods, recently we were able to individually e-mail those ALSes and members that had not only an interest but also a skill set in that topic and the response has been actually rather good. We had more than 50%. I think 50 or 70% positive response on that and involvement on that.

The basic part being get to know your ALSes better, and specifically here, get to know the focus of your ALSes better. Does that help, Ali?

ALI ALMESHAL: Yes, thank you. Very clear.

OLIVIER CREPIN-LEBLOND: Thanks. Silvia Vivanco?

SILVIA VIVANCO:

Yes. Thank you, Olivier. I also wanted to add that AFRALO is also doing webinars based on the hot topics and they created a hot topics implementation working group precisely to look at the hot topics and to see what to do once these were identified. And for the step was to do the webinars and they [inaudible] one webinar [inaudible] about the compliance on WHOIS registrant data, and also we are preparing with the communications staff. We had to bring a one-page outreach document for AFRALO based on the hot topics where the hot topics I explained very quickly and in a very good way so they can usually document an outreach tool [inaudible] brochure or pamphlet style. So, we are working on that with the help of communications staff. So, those are two things that AFRALO is doing with the hot topics. Thank you.

OLIVIER CREPIN-LEBLOND:

Thanks very much, Silvia Vivanco, for adding this information which I wasn't aware of. That's really great to hear. I was going to even say that because some people might ask us, well, why do you need localized regional webinars on specific topics? I gather that, in many cases, the regional perspective is sometimes different from the global perspective. It actually resonates better with the local participants.

For example, a few days ago, there was a webinar about GDPR which was specifically from an African country perspective. They had a number of examples of people that run registries in Africa that spoke about how they dealt with the GDPR. It was fascinating to see the approach being somehow different from the global approach of saying, "You've got to do this. You've got to do that." It's good to introduce that regional perspective. Wale Bakare? Wale, you might be muted at the moment.

We cannot hear you. It doesn't seem to work. Okay. If I could please ask staff to check with Wale, how his mic could work.

WALE BAKARE: Can you hear me?

OLIVIER CREPIN-LEBLOND: Now we can hear you. Welcome, Wale.

WALE BAKARE: Hi. Good evening. Thank you so much for that. My comment basically is just about the subject of hot topics. Making a reference about the discussion we had in Panama, the last ICANN meeting. I thought Heidi suggested that, should we change these hot topics [inaudible] adopt the hot topics or we change to At-Large [inaudible] topics? I'm just trying to ask. Are we still talking about hot topics or something else? Thank you.

OLIVIER CREPIN-LEBLOND: Thanks, Wale. We're speaking about the regional hot topics. The At-Large hot topics might be different because these are global. I think that from what I've heard today, there is a [inaudible] that we, as a group, create a long list of topics and then channel our ALSes for them to choose what topics they are interested in. That then brings up a hot topic list for 2018 or hot topic lists for each one of the RALOs for 2018. That doesn't go into the hot topics that Eduardo had listed, how to change a tire or something, irrelevant topics. Silvia Vivanco, you have your hand up.

SILVIA VIVANCO: Sorry. It's an old hand.

OLIVIER CREPIN-LEBLOND: Okay, thanks. So, are we all okay with that? We produce a long list of topics? Ali AlMeshal?

ALI ALMESHAL: Thank you, Olivier. I just wrote in the chat [inaudible] need to update the hot topics to all 2018 [inaudible] 2018 is [inaudible], so shall we do it now or we consider all to go [inaudible] 2019?

OLIVIER CREPIN-LEBLOND: Thanks for this, Ali. That's a good point that you're mentioning. I don't think it really makes any difference. I see what you mean, just by the way that it looks. Maybe we should say the month, then. So, October 2018 and then we look at doing this every nine or ten months so that we've got a regular update on this, because basically preparing the list of hot topics might take us a little while, so preparing the overall large list will take a while, then preparing the survey or whatever we're going to use to ask the ALSes for the hot topics will take a little while as well. So, it might take us until 2019 in which case we can do it. We can [inaudible] hot topics 2019 and do them anytime between now and 2019.

ALI ALMESHAL: The whole point is here that we all want to be synched together, [inaudible]. I did not get [inaudible] 2018, so if we work on 2018 right now and then beginning of 2019, [inaudible] just updated their hot topics, so again, they will be ahead in one year. So, just for the purpose of getting things together. That's all.

OLIVIER CREPIN-LEBLOND: Yeah. Thanks for this, Ali. Very good point. So, let's aim for having this list out to our ALSes anytime between December 2018 and January 2019, if that's okay. Eduardo Diaz?

EDUARDO DIAZ: I want to restate my point. If we want to put all this effort between the hot topics and we [don't do], because I [inaudible] AFRALO have done with the hot topics. Somehow the result of all this effort has to come back to the At-Large. Not only to the region, but it has to come back to the At-Large with a regional perspective because [inaudible]. That's why we are [inaudible]. Otherwise, we're putting all this effort and [we'll stay] in the RALO. Thank you.

OLIVIER CREPIN-LEBLOND: Thanks for this, Eduardo. That's a good point. I guess the follow-up after that is once the RALOs have got this, then of course it goes to the ALAC and they will ... And by coordinating our hot topics, we'll be able to display all of them on one page, I guess, showing how the hot topics are different in all the different regions. And it might be all the same. If we can synch all efforts, it could be possible to coordinate wider activities

and consume less resources, indeed. Maybe if we can have a comment, a list of the topics, that basically then creates just one survey which can be ticked and that probably helps with staff not having to produce all the different surveys for the different regions, except of course in the regions where the survey has to be in another language. But that's just a case of translation.

EDUARDO DIAZ:

Yes. I'm not saying this to decide now. We just think about it in the meantime and see if we can come up with some kind of framework. You started talking about what we can do, so we need to just all think about it and [inaudible] something that we all have agreed to. Thank you.

OLIVIER CREPIN-LEBLOND:

Thanks for this. Thank you, Eduardo. Actually, that reminds me that time is ticking. So, should we follow-up. We've got 15 days ahead of us. Can we [inaudible] in the face-to-face meeting in Barcelona on this, so we will have all thought about this and then we can take a decision in the meeting in Barcelona without having to rediscuss the whole thing. Is that okay?

EDUARDO DIAZ:

Yes.

OLIVIER CREPIN-LEBLOND:

Excellent. Right. Let's then move to the next one which is the RALO outreach and engagement strategic plan. There is a link in your agenda

which takes you to the At-Large RALO workspace. It's got links to each one of the RALO organizations and underneath that, it's got outreach strategic plans which is the plans that you've all filled up.

I think that when this was, when we thought about putting together this agenda, a number of RALOs had not filed their outreach strategic plans. I note that now four out of five RALOs have done so. If I remind you all that ... Well, I guess I have to remind LACRALO that you cannot file any request for CROP travel unless an outreach strategic plan is filed. But I was going to ask if anyone in LACRALO was able to let us know how they're doing. Maybe it would be helpful for them to have a look at what the other RALOs have done in their strategic plan. Anyone from LACRALO? Should I ask Maritza? Are you in a position to think?

JUDITH HELLERSTEIN: Olivier, she said she's working.

OLIVIER CREPIN-LEBLOND: Oh, it's just come up on my screen. Yes, we understand we're working on it. Okay, excellent. Sorry. I think that I just heard Daniel. Who wanted to speak?

DANIEL NANGKAHA: Yes, Olivier.

OLIVIER CREPIN-LEBLOND: Go ahead, you have the floor, Daniel.

DANIEL NANGKAHA: As far as outreach and engagement is concerned, I think there were slight issues with LACRALO about that list [inaudible] trying to work out collaboration [inaudible] update their outreach plan. But, apart from that, I also wanted to contribute to the previous item on the agenda which is regarding to the hot topics. If there some hot topics that [inaudible] across the different RALOs, I suggest that [inaudible] can be fixed together, that it could be a little bit easier, because we had a challenge of identifying the speakers for the past webinar of the hot topics, so it kept on shifting the dates based on the availability of the [inaudible]. So, also that affects the dates [inaudible] respective hot topics. That's my contribution. Thank you. Back to you, Olivier.

OLIVIER CREPIN-LEBLOND: Thanks very much, Daniel Nanghaka. It's a very good point. I think that actually proves the point that if we are not being able to make a page with a matrix of all the hot topics across the different RALOs, we will see some coordination. We might even see some that are important across all the RALOs which would be great. So, we had common hot topics among all the RALOs and some that are common across a handful, two or three, RALOs. That would be very good.

I don't see anyone else putting their hand up on this. I just wanted to congratulate you on your outreach and strategic plans. I think this is something which now is really starting to take shape. Basically, putting this page together. That's another one of these things where there shows that there are processes in place now and also a clear

transparency coming from our community on these things and I really o hope that the CROP will continue because we've now reached a level here that I think is pretty professional and it's very, very accountable as well. You've got in there the trip proposals, whether they've been withdrawn, approved, or not approved, and you've also got the trip assessment reports as well in there with all sorts of approvals and things like that. It might seem like United Nations type bureaucracy, but it's actually quite well-designed so that it requires minimum amount of updating from staff and things are automatically, auto pages get automatically updated which is really, really good. Glenn McKnight?

GLENN MCKNIGHT:

Hi. Just in conversation with Maureen and the next stage of the metrics and At-Large review, one of the things that came up in discussion was follow-up. So, people go to a CROP trip. They talk to a lot of people, and then six months, nine months, one year later, what happened? Did any of those people actually sign up as an unaffiliated member or an ALS?

So, I think whether it's discretionary funds or CROP, I think we owe it to the community to whoever did the traveling is to not only give a nice little report, but to actually show some metrics in terms of results.

So, I think that's probably what's lacking in the strategic plan because it doesn't ask for it, but it's something we should start thinking about. Thank you.

OLIVIER CREPIN-LEBLOND: Thanks very much for this, Glenn. Good point. May I ask one thing? Would you think that the page that we have here, At-Large RALO workspace, which by the way I think probably needs to be renamed because at the moment, just At-Large RALO workspace, I think it would be like At-Large RALOs CROP FY19 workspace should be its name. Otherwise, we need to do a search. It's pretty difficult to find it. But, do you think that we should have then another table there which has got some link or even in the table Trip Assessment Status Report, next to it additional comments that could have links to any further follow-ups beyond that, or would you format it differently?

GLENN MCKNIGHT: You're asking me or it's a general question.

OLIVIER CREPIN-LEBLOND: I'm asking you to start with. You're the one that brought this up.

GLENN MCKNIGHT: Okay. Thank you. One sec, Daniel. I'll be very brief. Yeah. I think that's not a bad idea. I just want to point out, as we've seen history, the secretariat reports are far and few between. If we rely on people going back and updating their activities or updating their metrics, I think we're wishful thinking. We need some kind of mechanism so that this is [inaudible] the monthly reports. It should be integrated into the complete strategy, because otherwise, you know what? I don't see that table getting filled up. Just my opinion. History has shown that out of sight, out of mind. Over to you, Daniel.

OLIVIER CREPIN-LEBLOND: Daniel Nanghaka?

DANIEL NANGKAHA: Thank you very much for that feedback. I'd like just to add something on what Glenn was mentioning when it comes to metrics and outreach and engagement. One thing is that the fact that there is [inaudible], I would still go back and put emphasis on engagement. It is possible that the different [inaudible] or the different representatives who represent our RALOs during the outreach [inaudible] respective impact measurement tools for numbers to [inaudible] the impacts of engagement. I think that is more important because we are succeeding in outreach, but we are not succeeding at engaging the strategic.

And engagement is coming in two phases. Engaging already who know about ICANN and those who do not have knowledge. So, if we were able to measure those two, it will help us at least carry out strategic decisions or carry out appropriate policies that require more and more inclusiveness. Thank you. Back to you, Olivier.

OLIVIER CREPIN-LEBLOND: Thank you very much for the suggestion, Daniel. Can I ask you a question? Are you suggesting that we, as RALO leaders, think about this and work on this or are you suggesting that the outreach and engagement working group can work on this and you just need our support?

DANIEL NANGKAHA: I'll go back to the At-Large review proposal. To be more [inaudible] I think on number five which calls for collaboration. So, it's not [inaudible] outreach and engagement subcommittee task, but it's a collaborative task together with a RALO leader. Thank you. Back to you, Olivier.

OLIVIER CREPIN-LEBLOND: Thank for this, Daniel. Any comments on Daniel's proposal? I guess silence is [inaudible]. I see agreement from Maritza. Maritza Aguero?

MARITZA AGUERO: Thank you very much, Olivier. I would like to ask before giving my opinion, are you making reference just to engagement or how to make more people in the community participate or are you making reference to the secretariat report? Because I would like to give my opinion on those topics, as a matter of fact. Thank you.

OLIVIER CREPIN-LEBLOND: Thanks for this, Maritza. Daniel, back to you.

DANIEL NANGKAHA: I didn't get Martiza's comment clearly. I would just like to hear again what she said. Thank you.

OLIVIER CREPIN-LEBLOND: Thanks, Daniel. Maritza was asking whether you are specifically speaking about the secretariat report or are you speaking about

engagement? My understanding, paraphrasing what Daniel has said, is that at the moment we're focusing on outreach. Well, we've always focused on outreach and the CROP trips focus on outreach and all of these pages that we have are all focusing on outreach. But, there is also the essential part of engagement. Once we've reached that, we've got someone signed up, they need to be engaged.

So, what Daniel is proposing is that we track engagement more closely and he is deriving this directly from the recommendation of the At-Large review, which – is it recommendation number five, Daniel?

DANIEL NANGKAHA: Yes, that's right.

OLIVIER CREPIN-LEBLOND: Okay, thanks. So, the recommendation number five from the At-Large review. That effectively asks for tracking of engagement and more engagement in our community. Maritza Aguero, back to you.

MARITZA AUGERO: Thank you very much, Olivier. Thank you for your [inaudible] because I may speak about LACRALO. When we talk about engagement in LACRALO, in our region, we have been strengthening everything related to webinars within our monthly calls, for instance. When we talk about webinars, you need resources, interpreters, time and the participation, the engagement, was very low. Also, when we talk about some [inaudible] people said that they could participate in a given time, then suddenly they were not paying attention.

So, the number of people in the call was quite a numerous people. Then lately we have not had so much participation because we have been focusing on ICANN topics. In our region, it helps when we invite experts. We have been successful no only in the monthly calls, as Humberto and I have [inaudible], but we have also been successful with the webinars because the webinars are now part of our monthly call.

So, we suddenly base our [inaudible] on the mailing list with a lot of information there and it's me who is in charge of that. I'm suddenly in constant communication with the chair of the region. So, it's important and I think that it's important to have the secretariat reports in terms of the number of work done, the number of, I don't know, mailing lists that are sent with information regarding events to be held in the region or this is going on or updates on whatever, reminders. And I think that the reports are important and take time from other topics. This is voluntary work and I do it very gladly. People have responded but not as well as it has happened before.

We suddenly focus ourselves on the comments, on the [inaudible]. There is a potential out there. It exists. But, I think that there should be some tools for engagement. Forgive me because I know my comment is taking a while, but we have been working and talking about [inaudible] regarding the webinars. People do not also participate back [inaudible] active participating. There was a raffle with a notary public and there was a prize. The [inaudible] traveling to the [inaudible] in Uruguay.

So, it takes a lot of effort, lots of team effort. We also have been supported by GSE, leadership, the community, ICANN staff, but it's really complicated to motivate people because people are in their day-

to-day work, so we have to be constantly reminding and sometimes they don't pay attention to the mailing list. We have guiding calls and orientation tools, but it's very difficult for new members and new ALSes that [inaudible] join us attend to that orientation call. It had to be canceled twice because this suddenly calls for time resources and they should be interested in that, but unfortunately we don't have any power on them. So, this is the reality.

So, we do not have time for that call again, but certainly these are activities that take a while. And if there is not cooperation between the team and the staff – the staff has always been on our side, but it's very difficult to motivate a region like ours. I'm talking about LACRALO of course, that the webinars included in the monthly call have been really very successful. So, this is what I wanted to share with you. Thank you very much.

OLIVIER CREPIN-LEBLOND:

Thank you very much, Maritza. Thank you for sharing your extensive experience in this topic. I certainly see a lot of people around the room, or the virtual room, going, "Oh, yes, exactly the same in our region. Same challenges." I note specifically from Judith and Eduardo that it's something that they have in NARALO and I can certainly strategy that in EURALO we have a similar problem, if not even worse, and that sometimes it's hard to even get someone who is not knowledgeable about the topic. We just end up doing webinars for people who are very knowledgeable about the topic already. Eduardo Diaz, and then we're going to have to move on after that, but let's go to Eduardo, please.

EDUARDO DIAZ: Very briefly. Maritza and the rest of the group, one of the things that I'm finding out now is that individual members – I'm not talking about ALSes, individual members – are coming into our region are more willing to be engaged for some reason. Maybe because individuals really like to be part of ICANN. I found that very interesting. That way, once people tell me they're interested in doing this, I try to put them to work with somebody in our region and then I follow-up with this person. Some of them, they get engaged. You cannot do anything about it. Thank you.

OLIVIER CREPIN-LEBLOND: Thank you very much, Eduardo. I can say the same of EURALO as well regarding individual members. We seem to have a higher proportion of individual members now that is engaged rather than the RALOs, the At-Large Structures, that seem to not be as active. Wale Bakare?

WALE BAKARE: Hello, good evening. Can you hear me?

OLIVIER CREPIN-LEBLOND: Yes, we can hear you. Go ahead, Wale.

WALE BAKARE: Hello?

GLENN MCKNIGHT: Yes.

YESIM NAZLAR: Go ahead, Wale. We can hear you.

WALE BAKARE: Thank you so much. My comment is really just to address what I think [inaudible] that Martiza has [raised]. The challenge that I'm seeing about this is not about the mechanisms or about framework that you adopt in terms of getting this off ground.

One thing I would like to propose is this. [inaudible] adopting some kind of model that is [inaudible] somewhere for [inaudible]. We have ISOC chapters. The [inaudible] idea in terms of supporting the different ISOC chapters [inaudible]. And if it [inaudible] in different ISOC chapters, these are working [inaudible] these deliverables, they are starting as inputs into global ISOC. [inaudible] part of the global strategy for the ISOC globally. That is one aspect.

In terms of for the ICANN community, I think we have two working groups that are very, very important for this individual members, the RALO strategic ideas and [inaudible] drafting documents on the mechanism reports for yearly strategy reports. We have one. We have a working group for outreach and engagement and also we have [inaudible]. These two should have major input into drafting of the [inaudible] strategic report.

So, I know there's a big challenge here because until we are able to find out how are we going to [inaudible] into different individuals to be able

to [inaudible] forward because the challenges have not been addressed. So, the way to address these challenges, we don't know yet, or we will come up with a proposal on how to make things effective so that we can move it forward.

But, I would suggest that if we are to make a very effective [inaudible], we should look at [inaudible] on how we can make the teams work better. Thank you so much.

OLIVIER CREPIN-LEBLOND: Thank you very much for this, Wale. We're going to have to move on, but Daniel, you are on the call. You've heard all of this. I hope you've been taking some notes. What I take out from this discussion is that there should be a stronger collaboration between the Outreach and Engagement Working Group and the different RALO leadership so we can work together on the topic of engagement once we've gotten people, once we've reached out to people. So, that's one action item. Yes, go ahead, Daniel.

DANIEL NANGKAHA: If you look at the outreach and engagement, general outreach and engagement strategic plan that was drafted and we call for comments and reviews, it's just an [inaudible] of collaboration with the different respective groups. So, if you look at that, it clearly outlines and recommends how outreach and engagement is going to collaborate with the RALOs, the Capacity Building Working Group.

In the last call that outreach and engagement had, that was I think on the 24th, we had even the chair for capacity building report on the different actions regarding to capacity building with reference to [inaudible]. We had also the chair for the Social Media Working Group reporting. So, that is one of the key milestones that we are looking at as far as collaboration. The RALO chairs, the different working groups. Thank you. But, please, look at the outreach strategy and [inaudible] comment, please. [inaudible] comments. Thank you. Back to you, Oliver.

OLIVIER CREPIN-LEBLOND: Thank you very much, Daniel. Daniel, may I please ask, that's an action item on you, to please e-mail the link to that document to – I don't know if you have access to the RALO secretariat mailing list, but if you don't, we can get staff to send that link over to the secretariat mailing list so we all have a look at that as well as a follow-up.

DANIEL NANGKAHA: Thank you very much. I pick up the action item.

OLIVIER CREPIN-LEBLOND: Super. Thank you. Exc. Let's move on. I see Sarah Kiden is here. Sarah, you have the floor. Sorry, Wale, your hand is still up. I gather this was a previous time. Let's speak to Sarah first and then Wale if you still have your hand up afterwards. Sarah, you have the floor.

SARAH KIDEN: Hi, everyone. Sorry I'm late for the call. I just wanted to add very briefly that I realize in AFRALO that, until now, [inaudible] areas represent [inaudible] active. So, I don't know how [inaudible] people know that it's not just the ALS leaders that should be active but anyone in the ALSes [inaudible] participating to do that. So, I've noticed that at least [inaudible] AFRALO and some people have already reached out. And in the case of ISOC [inaudible], we now have more individuals [inaudible] participating. Thank you.

OLIVIER CREPIN-LEBLOND: Thank you very much, Sarah. That's a very good point you're making. We also have the same problem in EURALO. Many of the At-Large Structure representatives think that they are the only people in the At-Large Structure that are allowed to get involved in with At-Large, and of course that's totally wrong. They should get as many people in their At-Large Structure to get involved and to take an active part in the work of our community. The only thing is one vote per ALS when there are votes, but with regards to getting involved, there are no limits as far as I understand to the number of people that can get involved in different working groups and different topical discussions.

Now, let's then move on, please. I'm worried about the time. But it's a great discussion. Thank you, everyone, on this.

Next is the criteria for the RALO FY19 discretionary funding. Now, there's a link to a Google doc that is in the agenda. Fortunately, I think that this link actually requires some – it requires authorization for this. But, someone is going to share their screen. Here we are. So, staff is

sharing this. This is a document that Heidi has been amending. The document started out ... Let me just ask staff. Let me ask Silvia. How did this document come about and where are we at here? I know there were two documents and I wasn't quite sure what the differences within the two. I can imagine this one is the one with Heidi's amendments from the previous one. Let's have Silvia Vivanco.

SILVIA VIVANCO:

Thank you very much. Yes, Olivier. This is the document that was pretty much the same document that was already posted under the Wiki page, RALO request for funding to support outreach activity, the discretionary funding. So, Heidi did some minor changes to this document and they are visible there in the Wiki page. I'm putting the Wiki, so you compare, there are some changes and you can see it on the Google doc where she can add and edit some paragraphs, to add some details for the fiscal year 19 discretionary funding criteria. So, basically, it's for you to review, and if you agree, then this will be the criteria that staff will use to evaluate the request for funding.

OLIVIER CREPIN-LEBLOND:

Okay. Thanks for this. Now, I noticed one problem that we have on this. There's one problem. The document that is currently on the screen is a PDF of the temporary document that Heidi has been working on, if I understand correctly. It does not reflect Heidi's amendments.

SILVIA VIVANCO: Hello. Yes. You will need to look at the actual Google doc in order to be—

OLIVIER CREPIN-LEBLOND: I think someone is going to have to share their screen. It looks like it. And in the meantime whilst you work this one out, let me take the queue. Judith Hellerstein?

JUDITH HELLERSTEIN: Yes. Not all of us have access to the Google doc, so that has to be grated. Two, the PDF of it talks about ALSes and we have been talking about how we've gotten a lot of individuals who want to get active and how does it relate to them because it does [inaudible] ALSes. We also want our individual members who are going out and doing outreach, maybe they want to either bring in new individual members or bring in new ALSes.

OLIVIER CREPIN-LEBLOND: Yeah. Thanks for this, Judith. You're going to see that's actually reflected on the document. So, answering the first question, yes, the document is currently protected and one is not able to have access to it. That will be fixed hopefully soon or after this call. I'm not sure what the idea is regarding the document. I did ask for it to be shared to everyone, but even I didn't have access. I had to be specifically added to this.

Secondly, now you can see the screen share. So, if you want to read what's on there, I would suggest that you go onto that window and you click full screen, which is what I'm going to do. That's actually providing

with more details. Now, you can't scroll because what we're seeing here is the screen from [inaudible]. Whose screen is it? Somebody's screen. It's Claudia's. Okay. Now you see the amendments from Heidi on there. I gather that what is suggested is that we go swiftly through this and see if there's anything. This is of course a follow-up from our last discussion, if there's anything that we need to change dramatically on this.

You'll notice local and regional outreach. Further down, certified. Under 2.0.1, Heidi has added from a certified ALS or individual member who have demonstrated to be active by consistently participating in the regional monthly calls, as well as relevant policy and outreach and engagement working group calls at least once in the last three months.

Then, two, the next one. The ALS or individual has organized or is participating in a special event with [inaudible] outreach and engagement activities with specific expected results, etc. Number five, it says staff will consider regional balance within each RALO as well as to look for a fair balance between types of requests during the review of the request. I see that Judith has her hand up. Judith, you have the floor.

JUDITH HELLERSTEIN:

I guess my first question is what is a certified ALS and is it [inaudible] regular ALS or is it only ALSes that are active and ones that have been put on inactive [inaudible]? That's my questions on that.

OLIVIER CREPIN-LEBLOND: Thank you for this question, Judith. It's a very good point. I don't know. The floor is open. Alfredo Calderon?

ALFREDO CALDERON: Yes. Can you hear me?

OLIVIER CREPIN-LEBLOND: Yes, we can hear you, Alfredo.

ALFREDO CALDERON: Okay. My question is regarding the two points. Let's see. It's three. It says the funds should be a portion of the full budget for the event. Couldn't we establish a percentage instead of saying a portion of, so that will give the ALS or the individual member interested in getting some partial funding to know up to what amount he could request from that fund?

OLIVIER CREPIN-LEBLOND: Thanks for this, Alfredo. That's a good point. I hope that staff are taking notes on this. The funds should be a portion of the full budget of the event. I think one might have to say up to X number of percent or as low as X number of percent, I guess. You need a floor amount, not a maximum amount.

And regarding the certified ALS, my understanding would be that it's just from an At-Large Structure. I don't know the difference between a certified ALS and an ALS. Eduardo Diaz?

EDUARDO DIAZ: I recommend we do this, that we get access to these documents, we put the comments there, we discuss it there. Otherwise, we will be here until the end of this call doing this stuff. We just need [inaudible] get access to it. And we put the comments and changes there and then [inaudible] there. Otherwise, staff is taking notes. It's [inaudible] enter the information. That's my recommendation. [inaudible].

OLIVIER CREPIN-LEBLOND: Thanks very much, Eduardo. I actually got a green light from staff that we can extend this call by six hours. The interpreters are ready to continue for six hours, so we can continue on this if you wish to do so or we can go for your way. I'll leave that for a choice. Sarah Kiden and then we'll probably move on. Sarah, you have the floor.

SARAH KIDEN: So, I wanted to speak regarding the [inaudible] request. [inaudible] because the records come at different times and each ALS is given. I think in that case, whatever amount they request for. So, then, [inaudible] because there are people who requested [inaudible] and other people who [inaudible]. So, how can we handle those two issues [inaudible] to throughout the financial year. Thank you.

OLIVIER CREPIN-LEBLOND: Thank you very much for this, Sarah. My understanding is because we did have to do something like this before the financial year ended. But, you can already file for the next year in advance. That is a recurring

question. Let's take note of it as well. I think it works, so if you have an event on the first of July that starts immediately at the beginning of the first day of the financial year, you should be able to file this in the previous financial year. Ali AlMeshal?

ALI ALMESHAL: Thanks, Olivier. Just a quick one. Are we [inaudible] to the regional activity or we can use it [inaudible]. I was a bit confused about it. We can use this for an IGF if somebody from the region or the leadership would attend that type of event. Thank you.

OLIVIER CREPIN-LEBLOND: Thank you very much, Ali. My understanding, yet again, is that it should be in alignment with the RALO strategic outreach plan filed for the fiscal year. So, the RALO strategic outreach plan includes IGF, includes going on a cruise ship and touring the world in ultimate luxury and that's approved by the global stakeholder engagement team. Then you're absolutely allowed, and indeed encouraged, to go and spend that money in this way. If it doesn't, then you can't.

ALI ALMESHAL: Even if it is not within your region.

OLIVIER CREPIN-LEBLOND: I believe it is within the region. I should ask staff about this, actually. Silvia, perhaps you know.

HEIDI ULLRICH: It is within the region.

OLIVIER CREPIN-LEBLOND: Heidi is here on the call. Welcome, Heidi. Thank you.

HEIDI ULLRICH: Hi. Thank you. And it is within the region and I think that it would need to [inaudible] remember that your strategy is approved by regional VP, so hopefully that person would not approve a luxury cruise around the world.

OLIVIER CREPIN-LEBLOND: Maybe hopefully for you, but not hopefully for us. We differ in this view. Thanks. I see that ... Heidi, before you arrived, there was a suggestion that this document gets open to us for commenting and then we revisit this at our next meeting because there are a lot of comments coming in and if we were to take each one of the comments in turn, then we would have a problem. So, it would take a bit too much time. So, let's put it into ... We'll put this into comment mode, then everyone will be able to add this and we will work on that, hopefully finalizing it. Well, cleaning some of it before the face-to-face meeting and then finalizing it and hopefully moving forward with it when we meet in Barcelona. Everyone is okay? Sarah, you still have your hand up. Sarah Kiden? Okay, you put your hand down. Thank you.

The only thing that hasn't been caught by staff so far is the funds should be a portion of the full budget for the event. Alfredo Calderon mentioned that there should be – one might wish to put up to X ... Sorry, as much. With a minimum of a certain percentage. We're looking at number three. The funds should be a portion of the full budget of the event, and in brackets, perhaps minimum. You could say minimum 1% or minimum 100%. I don't know, whichever. Thank you. Let's then move on, please.

Next is the cleaning up of the At-Large regional leadership workspace. I'm going to turn to staff to explain to us, summarize what is at hand. I'm not sure who wishes to take us through this. Maybe Silvia.

SILVIA VIVANCO:

Hello, Olivier. At the moment, this is a project that we would like to undertake with your input, the input of each of your RALOs. This is a project that involves rethinking or reorganizing the Wiki space. Our proposal would be to have this discussion at the face-to-face meeting, so we can all together look at the Wiki pages and perhaps create a sandbox they call it, or a draft, where we can see the structure you would like to have. I believe that the idea is [inaudible] before in the previous conference, we would like to even change the look of the Wiki, the heading, the [inaudible] of the pages because the work was sort of a strategic thinking. We would like to bring this up at the face-to-face meeting if that's acceptable.

OLIVIER CREPIN-LEBLOND: Thanks for this, Silvia. The floor is open. We are speaking specifically about the At-Large regional leadership work space, which at the moment has got a very beautiful ICANN At-Large logo, a link to each one of the RALOs. And underneath that, announcement of RALO hot topics. RALO request for funding to support an outreach activity. ICANN community document development and drafting resource pilot program. RALO RIR cooperation. ALS criteria and expectations. RALO General Assemblies, etc. So, a number of things there.

The idea, and including also the next regional leadership meeting, the idea is to clean this up. And that can only happen with the help of us working with staff on this.

HEIDI ULLRICH: Olivier, this is Heidi.

OLIVIER CREPIN-LEBLOND: Yes, please. Go ahead, Heidi.

HEIDI ULLRICH: So, a suggestion might be to ensure that Maureen joins you during this meeting in Barcelona. Some of you may know she is planning a pretty significant organization of At-Large leadership which will include the RALOs to a much greater extent, RALO leadership. You might wish to understand the plans more and discuss them with her before you make any changes to the Wiki, so those changes can be reflected on the Wiki. Just a thought.

OLIVIER CREPIN-LEBLOND: So, I'm sorry. You broke halfway through. It must be my line or something. I didn't quite hear the last sentence that you mentioned. Sorry.

HEIDI ULLRICH: Can you hear me now?

OLIVIER CREPIN-LEBLOND: Yeah. I can hear you now. It's that time of the day in London.

HEIDI ULLRICH: Well, it's probably my headset. Just really quickly, given that Maureen is planning a significant reorganization of At-Large leadership to include the RALO leaders to a greater extent than they currently are, that might be useful to include Maureen in your meeting in Barcelona and to discuss this, so that the Wiki page can reflect any changes to the role of the RALOs. It might also be the case as you move along with the At-Large [inaudible] be some changes as well to the RALOs. So, you might want to speak with Maureen as well.

OLIVIER CREPIN-LEBLOND: Thanks for this, Heidi. Eduardo Diaz?

EDUARDO DIAZ: Here we're looking at cleaning this up. I'm still confused. Here we have a Wiki. Sometimes you go to a page that has a blue thing up there of a RALO with webpage and I'm not sure if there's a third page somewhere that has to do with At-Large or ALAC or something like that. So, cleaning this means cleaning everything because sometimes it's in one place, sometimes it's in other places. To me, a Wiki should be used only for things that you're going to comment. Anything else, you put it in a webpage because the Wiki provides you for the comment and [inaudible] and things like that. But, to announce a meeting and policies and things like that, on the webpage, not a wiki, because otherwise, you're going to be using one thing in one place and one thing in another. Thanks.

HEIDI ULLRICH: The challenge is with that we really only have one or two staff that work on the website, while all staff are very able to use the Wiki. That was [inaudible] resource and it was also [inaudible] create a huge backlog in activities [inaudible] move towards that. So, I'm hoping that not everyone is of your view here because we need to use that Wiki for more than just commenting on items. Thank you.

EDUARDO DIAZ: That's okay. I'm sorry. Can I follow up?

OLIVIER CREPIN-LEBLOND: Yeah. Go ahead, Eduardo.

EDUARDO DIAZ: If that's the case, then leave it the way it is because this will take tons of time to do this thing.

OLIVIER CREPIN-LEBLOND: Thanks, Eduardo. I can certainly confirm that getting something changed on a webpage can take days, weeks, months. Heidi mentioning two people. She didn't mention two people on our staff. Two people I think in ICANN or for the policy department in ICANN. It's a significant number of pages and a big backload. So, we want stuff to be done quickly. We have to work our own Wiki out. The stuff that's on the ALAC website is the stuff that is pretty much static, that remains static over the year. The dynamic stuff has to go on our Wiki. And that has to be not only internal but also external facing, and therefore it's got to be really nice and cleaned up. So, that's why. Okay, that's one point that's been [inaudible].

Now, the other thing that I noticed on this page – and you're quite correct, there is the At-Large regional leadership workspace, there's the At-Large RALOs work space, slightly different things, because the two that will of course have to be renamed from At-Large RALO workspace to RALO CROP workspace 2019. Then, on the At-Large leadership workspace, we have a beautiful link to the At-Large worldwide RALO ALS map. I looked at the combined ALS map and they're back on. It's great. The good news is that they're all back on. The bad news is that I don't think they're updated because I can certainly see an ALS that EURALO has decertified that is still on the map. So, I'm not sure what the status is with regards to these map, whether they have to be

updated or who is in charge of updating those maps and if I could ask staff to comment on this, please.

SILVIA VIVANCO:

Hello, Oliver. The map you are referring to, they are posted on the website, so they are updated by the web master. Whenever a new ALS is accredited, then they plant a flag as you can see on the map. That's done by web master.

OLIVIER CREPIN-LEBLOND:

Right. Thank you. So, just seeing two of them, two ALSes that have been de-accredited. I can see one really far north in Canada which I think has been de-accredited. And I can see one – I don't want to name them – that is located between Belgium, Germany, and France that also has been de-accredited, this one a very long time ago. Maybe that needs to be ... Something needs to be done about it because it's pretty much out of date and I gather there might be others that are out of date, too. We can follow-up afterwards. Yes, sorry, who was there? No? Okay.

The map is on your agenda, Sarah. The link is to the At-Large regional leadership workspace, and in there it says At-Large Worldwide RALO ALS Map.

Then there's also a link to the cross-RALO policy development activities workspace. It's interesting, but I'm not sure this is up to date. This refers, for example, to the 2013 EURALO General Assembly and then it talks about the RALO survey workspace 2015. That's a bit out of date, too. Then, underneath that, you have something that's updated, the At-

Large outreach activities 2018. Anyway, all this needs to be cleaned up one way or other.

That takes me also to the next agenda item, 6b, with some further updating. So, updating location maps on the At-Large website was one of them. The other thing was the decertification. I'm a little concerned because I'm seeing that when you look at the decertified ALSes, you will notice that there are a small number of decertified ALSes from APRALO, a small number from LACRALO. I don't think I've seen any ALSes being decertified in AFRALO and there are a number of them in EURALO and a large number of ALSes decertified in NARALO.

Now, I'm not speaking about decertification for the sake of decertification. But, when an ISOC chapter disappears altogether and does not exist anymore and they show on our map as being there, as being a member, and somebody comes to me and says, "Why do you have this non-existent ISOC chapter on your map?" that is embarrassing. That is embarrassing for all of us. We're going to have to do some serious cleanup in this as well. So, I really ask other RALO leaders to seriously look at the list of their ALSes and find out if these actually still exist. I'm not even asking whether they're active or not. I'm asking about the existence of these ALSes. That's an important one.

Sarah Kiden?

SARAH KIDEN:

I just wanted to say that AFRALO is currently working on the decertification rules and yesterday we had our monthly call, so we asked our members to take a look at the document and send their

comments by 10th October, so I think [inaudible] finish that process and we'll be able to decertify if we have to decertify. Thank you.

OLIVIER CREPIN-LEBLOND: That's great. Thank you very much, Sarah. That's really helpful. It would be helpful – I don't know what the connection is. If staff checks regularly with ISOC staff, for example. I'm taking ISOC as an example because I'm also involved in Internet Society. ISOC provides details of their chapters that have gone into rejuvenation. I certainly have checked with ISOC. In EURALO, we're guilty of that. I know of at least one or two additional chapters that we have not yet started proceedings on that are in rejuvenation and therefore are really on their way to being decertified. Such is things. But, we need to update all of this information.

The other thing is there are pages on our ... If you look at the ALS list, I don't know who is in charge of those ALS lists. EURALO ALSes, for example, you've got the Wiki and you've got the website. Each one, that's a list that is on the website on one side, and I believe the website lists are updated, but the Wiki lists are not updated and we refer to those in our different things.

So, we're going to have to look at that as well. I'm looking at the EURALO one, for example, which I think has some of the ... Are very much out of date. The last time that page was updated seems to be recent, but I'm not quite sure if that's correct or not. So, we have to look at that as well. Silvia, can we just follow-up on this, then?

SILVIA VIVANCO:

Yes. I am looking at the link, and yes, you are correct. The list, we have the AFRALO – all the ALSes have the logo and the name and they are posted on the website. But the same information is on the Wiki. Now, that is done once at the moment of accreditation of the ALS by staff.

The one that I'm looking at it, I think the one that is more up to date is the one on the website, so we are sort of duplicating. So, I believe it could be, we could actually delete the Wikis which are sort of duplicating the chart on the website. This is something that we can look at together and decide.

OLIVIER CREPIN-LEBLOND:

Thanks very much for this, Silvia. I'm not sure if the website itself also has a link then to the Wiki that relates to that ALS. Let me just check. The reason for [inaudible] Wiki and web. Okay. Because you can't believe the full Wiki because there is a link to the Wiki page of that ALS and that's another one that needs to be updated. I've looked at some of our EURALO ALSes that still list people that I haven't seen in five years and that talk about their activities in the year 1900. Well, maybe not the 1900s, but a bit out of date. I think this is something which we all have to do. When the entries for the ALS have been last modified in 2011 and we're in 2018, this again is really some cleaning up that needs to be done, and not only by us, but by the ALSes themselves.

I know that there was an idea that each ALS could update their own page. I don't know how we all feel about this, whether they will be doing this or not and whether they can do it. But, the more ALSes we have, the more of a problem this is going to be. I just thought I'd bring

this forward to all of you that we are thinking. We're thinking in ALS obsolete soup at the moment or database obsolete soup. I don't know.

Alright. So, you're all aware of that. Let's have a plan to move this forward. Maybe we can revisit this when we meet in Barcelona to see what we do, what we might wish to delete, what we might wish to optimize, and what we might wish to ask our ALSes to do or maybe we crap the ALS pages altogether, although I would be a little concerned if we did that because keeping an updated ALS page may be one of the minimum criteria that one could have with an At-Large Structure, a way to measure, get a few more points if you keep your Wiki page up to date regularly, as in at least once a year or something. Just a few thoughts.

Let's continue. We're now on setting the agenda for the face-to-face regional meeting in Barcelona. You'll see that we're going to have this meeting taking place on Saturday, the 20th of October, right at the beginning of the ICANN meeting, ALAC and regional leaders meeting. Then, after that, we've got ... Actually, it's not on a Saturday that we meet. Why do we have a link to Saturday? I'm going to ask staff to take us through this, please.

HEIDI ULLRICH:

Olivier, you do meet on Saturday. Yes. You are meeting on Saturday. Saturday, we're going to have a meeting of the regional leadership I believe mid-afternoon. It's around noontime. We're also having a meeting of the subcommittee on outreach and engagement. So, I'll go ahead and put [inaudible].

OLIVIER CREPIN-LEBLOND: I've noted it. Thanks. So, 13:30 to 15:00. That's 1:30 to 3:00 PM we have the At-Large regional leaders meeting, 90 minutes. I think we put a number of topics on the agenda during this call. Then we've got a meeting after that from 15:15. So, we'll have a 15-minute coffee break, and immediately after that, we have a meeting with the subcommittee on outreach and engagement which Daniel will be leading, I believe Daniel Nanghaka. I think it's important because even more so, not just the ALAC talking about outreach and engagement but the regional leaders to work more closely with Daniel on this.

So, maybe part of the follow-up discussion on what we have today can take place during the ALAC Subcommittee on Outreach and Engagement. Maybe part of it will happen during the At-Large regional leaders meeting. I open the floor for comments for any other topics you wish to address in our face-to-face meeting. Heidi Ullrich?

HEIDI ULLRICH: Thank you very much. I think it's a really opportune time that you have the regional leadership meeting followed by subcommittee on outreach and engagement because it will be a nice flow. So, one question is do you wish to have the GSE regional vice president at your session as well as I know that they're going to be invited to the subcommittee on outreach and engagement. But, would you like to invite them just for listening mode so they can hear about all of the activities that you are planning in your region since some of the concerns and challenges that you have in your regions [inaudible]. Will that be useful?

DANIEL NANGKAHA: Can I answer?

OLIVIER CREPIN-LEBLOND: Thank you, Heidi, and over to you, Daniel Nanghaka.

DANIEL NANGKAHA: Thank you very much, Heidi, for that. I think it's very important that the GSE comes into the meeting because it has been very long that [inaudible] between the GSE and outreach and engagement. I think it's very, very important to have them there. Thank you. Back to you, Olivier.

OLIVIER CREPIN-LEBLOND: Thank you, Daniel. So, you mean that we should have them during both meetings, then. Both the outreach and engagement meeting and also the regional leadership.

DANIEL NANGKAHA: Absolutely.

OLIVIER CREPIN-LEBLOND: Thanks, Daniel. Heidi, you have the floor.

HEIDI ULLRICH: Thank you. So, we'll go ahead and invite them. I'll invite the whole team of regional VPs and I'm sure we'll get a good number of those at those two meetings.

Another item that you might wish to discuss, and this is between all of you or within the At-Large leadership meeting, are the upcoming fiscal year 20 additional budget requests, which again, as you know, that process will start directly after Barcelona and these are some really important opportunities that you have for your activities. For example, the doubling of your RALO discretionary funding [inaudible]. I would hope that you would ask for that again. I think that's proving to be very useful. And you might wish to ask for others as well. So, just a thought that you might wish to discuss that. Thank you.

OLIVIER CREPIN-LEBLOND: Yeah. Thank you for this. That's helpful, Heidi. I note that whilst you were speaking, Silvia has been putting together the Barcelona agenda, so I invite everyone to look at the current listed topics. The other thing So, you're going to ask for all of the local stakeholder engagement VPs to come to these two sessions.

I had a question regarding this. Is the ALAC meeting with the GSE team? I heard at some point some rumors – and I don't know if it was rumors or corridor talk or something. But, somebody had suggested that instead of having all of these people standing next to each other like the usual suspects or like people on a target wall and you can throw things at them, would there be a chance to break off and have each one of the regional leaders and their members to have a smaller talk, like each one with their own VP at some point? Heidi Ullrich.

HEIDI ULLRICH: Thank you, Olivier. That's a great idea. I think that we should definitely raise that and given that we do have a 90-minute meeting, we might even do that at the end of that, just [inaudible] with them. I [inaudible] item four, collaboration and communication with the GSE regional VPs. So, either that's something that we could then perhaps have that be the last item and just move into your coffee break on that.

Sally Costerton will be eating with the entire At-Large leadership on Saturday, the last session. So, that's going to be ... This is a great flow all the way through that afternoon. So, you'll be meeting with the regional VPs first for several hours and then meeting with Sally at the end. Thank you.

OLIVIER CREPIN-LEBLOND: Thank you, Heidi. So, are you saying that some of the regional VPs are going to be able to sit in our room from half past one in the afternoon all the way to half past six in the afternoon and survive the experience?

HEIDI ULLRICH: What I'll do is I'll invite them and what I'm hoping is that there will be at least some representatives there. I'll determine on what e-mail who can stay the entire time, etc. I will let them know that each of the regions would like to have a chat with the regional VP at some time during 63.

OLIVIER CREPIN-LEBLOND: Thanks for this, Heidi. I think that will require some good coordination. Please set the time with them and tell them [inaudible] spend some time there, but at time X which is when we will break off at the end of

the – I don't even know if it's the regional leaders meeting that they ...
So, just before 15:00, they all need to be there, so we can all break off
at the same time and talk to our local or regional VP.

I have a concern that some of the regional VPs have never really spoken
to more than one person in their region and that's not good. There's
others who have spoken to everyone and they're really great. But, there
needs to be an even ... There needs to be a good thing across the board
and all RALOs need to be treated equally.

HEIDI ULLRICH:

So, what I'm going to put in the notes is that Silvia and I will coordinate
with the regional VPs for those two sessions on Saturday and also to
arrange Fika. Fika, think many of you know is the Swedish coffee and
cake, [inaudible] in German, that you will have with them [inaudible]
chat with them.

OLIVIER CREPIN-LEBLOND:

Thank you for this, Heidi. I notice Silvia has used the correct word for
this and you should be scolded for not using the correct word, Heidi. It is
not [inaudible]. It is Fika.

HEIDI ULLRICH:

It is Fika. I know.

OLIVIER CREPIN-LEBLOND:

Swedish [inaudible], not a German [inaudible].

HEIDI ULLRICH: Well, I'm looking forward to [inaudible] in the next two years.

OLIVIER CREPIN-LEBLOND: At that point, we will have [inaudible], coffee with cake. Right. So, everyone, you can see in the action items box the agenda or the proposed agenda. Do you have any other suggestions or are we okay with this?

WALE BAKARE: Hello, Olivier. It's Wale speaking, for the record. Can you hear me?

OLIVIER CREPIN-LEBLOND: Go ahead, Wale. Yes, we can hear you.

WALE BAKARE: Yeah. I just want to make a very quick suggestion with regards to the Barcelona meeting agenda. We have a Wiki page for that, [inaudible]. Thank you.

OLIVIER CREPIN-LEBLOND: Thank you for this, Wale. There is a Wiki page. It's listed. In agenda item seven, there's a link to At-Large meeting Saturday, 20th of October. That's the Wiki page which will be updated with the whole agenda. I understand, Heidi, will there be a subpage based on this as well with the links to the records and things?

HEIDI ULLRICH: Yes. We'll do that. We normally do that for the ALAC and the regional leadership calls.

OLIVIER CREPIN-LEBLOND: Okay. That's great. Anyone else? Now, just one little question also, something that we might need to discuss at some point maybe during the meeting. Yeah. Fiscal year 20 budget request. The additional budget request to get more people – well, maybe someone for dealing with our ALSes and individuals. We have now ... Due to the At-Large review, we're not only having At-Large Structures that are coming in to our RALOs, but we now have individual applications, and as you know, dealing with people, there's a lot more e-mail and a lot more requests that are coming in now. In some RALOs, they've managed to work because it's worked for a while. In others, it's the very beginning so there's likely to be quite a flow of people coming in. Just something that everyone might wish to think of that we can discuss during the FY20 budget request discussion.

We are now 12 minutes beyond the official end of this call. I haven't even asked for permission from our interpreters to continue, so I'm a little concerned. I would like to ask if we can move on and perhaps have the any other business part of this call. Heidi, have we finished with this agenda item?

HEIDI ULLRICH: Sorry, which one do you mean, the one for 63 or this one?

OLIVIER CREPIN-LEBLOND: We're finished on eight. 63, I'm not going to talk about 64, 65, or 65. Or 666, whichever.

HEIDI ULLRICH: We have an agenda, Silvia, I believe that we can work with. You might tweak it, but yeah, I think we can definitely go with that. Thank you.

OLIVIER CREPIN-LEBLOND: Super. Well, thanks very much. I've seen that the interpreters have said they can keep on going. I'm afraid I can't keep on going because I've pretty much run out of words today. We've reached the last three letters of this conference call: AOB. Any other business? As you can see, ladies and gentlemen, I've put everyone to sleep. This is an amazing point of the call where—

DANIEL NANGKAHA: Maybe I can say something. Daniel for the record.

OLIVIER CREPIN-LEBLOND: Daniel is still awake. Daniel Nanghaka, you have the floor.

DANIEL NANGKAHA: Thank you very much, Olivier. Yeah. I'd just like to say something on that session of outreach and engagement. I think it would be very good to have 20 minutes for [inaudible] GSE whereby we get to interact with

RALO leaders, the outreach and engagement co-chairs [inaudible] together with the GSE. Then, the feedback also shared within the meeting [inaudible] allocate five minutes for reports from that. Thank you.

OLIVIER CREPIN-LEBLOND: Thanks for this, Daniel. I think staff will work out the agenda with you, but rest assured that because one is after the other, so regional leaders is just before the outreach and engagement. I hope there will be good collaboration and there can be a follow-up on the discussions during the regional leaders meeting. Great. Well, thanks, everyone. We're only 15 minutes late. I'm sure some meetings a bit later than this. But, thank you. It's been really helpful and I think we've done a lot today.

For all of the people who are going to be traveling to Barcelona, see you there and have safe travels. And for people who are not going to travel to Barcelona, see you on the Internet and I hope you will continue to take part in these discussions remotely. As you know, all of our meetings in Barcelona will also have remote participation and I take much interest in getting the input from remote participants. So, you don't need to be in the room to get your voice heard.

And with this, good morning, good afternoon, good evening, and goodnight.

DANIEL NANGKAHA: Goodnight, everyone.

YESIM NAZLAR: Thank you, everyone. Bye-bye.

CLAUDIA RUIZ: Thank you, everyone, for joining this call. This meeting is now adjourned. Please remember to disconnect your lines.

[END OF TRANSCRIPTION]