
YESIM NAZLAR:

Good morning, good afternoon, and good evening to everyone. Welcome to the ALAC Subcommittee on Outreach and Engagement call taking place on Wednesday, the 26th of September 2018 at 17:00 UTC.

On our call today, we have Daniel Nanghaka, Tijani Ben Jemaa, Maureen Hilyard, Olivier Crepin-LeBlond, Cheryl Langdon Orr, Vernatius Okwu Ezeama, Bram Fudzulani, Maritza Aguero, Shreedeeep Rayamajhi, Ali AlMeshal, Glenn McKnight, Vanda Scartezini, Alfredo Calderon, Lianna Galstyan, John Laprise, Fatimata Seye Sylla, and Judith Hellerstein.

We have received apologies from Isaac Maposa, Matthias Hudobnik, and from Adrian Schmidt.

From staff side, we have Heidi Ullrich, Gisella Gruber, Adam Peake, Siranush Vardanyan, Deborah Escolera, Claudia Ruiz; and myself, Yesim Nazlar.

Before we start, I would like to remind everyone to state your names before speaking, please, for the transcription purposes. Now I would like to leave the floor back to you, Daniel. Thank you very much.

DANIEL NANGKAHA:

Thank you very much for the roll call. I'll go straight to the second item on our agenda today. We have the discussion of the outreach and engagement strategy 2018 and under this discussion, we have mainly two items. That is At-Large review of compliance and the Metrics Working Group update for engagement of members in the various working groups.

Note: The following is the output resulting from transcribing an audio file into a word/text document. Although the transcription is largely accurate, in some cases may be incomplete or inaccurate due to inaudible passages and grammatical corrections. It is posted as an aid to the original audio file, but should not be treated as an authoritative record.

As we all have known previously in the previous call that we had, I introduced the outreach and engagement 2018 strategy which was based on the review, the At-Large review implementation overview. Mainly, it was [inaudible] and [probably seem to be related]. I'll just mention that item number five [inaudible] contribution of At-Large to the committed ICANN strategy for outreach and engagement and there are missed opportunities for coordination with other constituencies and ICANN staff.

I'm happy to share that there is at least some coordination that is going on and the relevance of outreach and engagement is beginning to span across the four ICANN At-Large and through the various working groups.

As you may also note that, on this call, there are going to be a few updates from the working groups such as the Social Media Working Group and also Tijani will be [inaudible] on the Capacity Building Working Group on outreach and different engagement activities that [inaudible].

So, this [inaudible]. We are working on consolidating item number five and four. That also, there is multiple communication channels [inaudible] At-Large. And based on this, with all the channels of work that are still going to be [inaudible] with collaboration with the various working groups that are happening.

So, this [inaudible] for the Social Media Working Group as we prepare for ICANN 63 in Barcelona. So, there still some RALO participation in different regional events and also we are still working so much to reinforce the impact of outreach and engagement activities of our own.

So, despite the process, we still have a few challenges with different regions. I still believe that since we have said that we are going to be able to achieve [inaudible] success in all these activities.

If Maureen is on the call, I'd like to give the floor to Maureen to go onto the second item of the agenda where she will be mentioning about the Metrics Working Group. Maureen, are you there?

MAUREEN HILYARD: Thank you. Sorry, I'm just trying to unmute my phone. Can you hear me?

DANIEL NANGKAHA: Yes, we can hear you loud and clear.

MAUREEN HILYARD: Okay. Thank you for that introduction on the outreach and engagement activities in the implementation plan. I really do appreciate that. I know that Daniel will encourage people. We would like to have as many participants engaging in those activities because they actually relate to outreach and engagement. So, please do contact Daniel, contact me, if you're interested in joining any of those outreach activities.

One of the things that I did want to mention was with regards to the metrics side of things. At the moment, we don't actually have a full metrics working group. It has been in abeyance for a while. But it is a particularly important part of the implementation plan that we are currently working on. So, the Metrics Working Group is actually going to

be quite active once we get the plan steps in place and those activities that are start getting [inaudible]. It's going to have quite a big effect on the ATLAS-3 activities which are going to come up later on in this meeting. In fact, the metrics group will probably come under the organizational matters which I am in charge of. It will be very important to outreach and engagement but it will actually be within my realm of activities. If there are any questions, we can answer those as we go. Thank you. Thanks, again.

DANIEL NANGKAHA:

Thank you, Maureen. I hope you can hear me. Thank you very much, Maureen, for sharing the update from the metrics. So, one thing about the metrics. Despite the fact that there's a lot of work that is happening from At-Large and [inaudible] to give a sense of this, or the work in the multi-stakeholder tools which helps to analyze the different participants who comes to the fellowship or the different constituencies. So, that is one of the dashboards which you can be able to leverage participation. In case you haven't visited that group, please take some time to look at the multi-stakeholder tools. It's [inaudible] provide [inaudible].

I'll proceed to item number three of the agenda, which is updates on outreach and engagement activities of ICANN 63. I would like to give the floor to Olivier to be able to give us updates of improvement to the session. Olivier, you have the floor.

OLIVIER CREPIN-LEBLOND:

Thank you very much, Daniel. A number of things happening. We had a meeting with the leadership team, as such. The way that we're currently

working it out is to divide it into several subgroups. So, we'll have groups that will basically be looking at the program, groups that will be looking at the travel, and groups that will be looking at the external additional program things, like your sponsorship and things like that, lunches, logistics sort of thing – very much in the same sort of way as we had in the preparation for ATLAS-2.

That said, we're not going to have a huge number of groups, because what we did find out in ATLAS-2 was that [inaudible] just a handful of people doing something in the group and then 20 people listed of which there were the great majority doing nothing. So, the groups are going to be basically constituting themselves in the next few weeks and just small groups for that.

We've got the green light, provisional green light, for ATLAS-3 to happen in Toronto. Not Toronto, sorry. Montreal meeting. I always get this wrong. The Montreal meeting which will be in about a year's time. Actually, yeah, just about a year's time. This will be restricted to the number of people that will be there. We'll have to see, basically, how this is going to happen. There's going to be a selection process. Not everyone is going to travel over.

I think that's all I can say for the time being because I'm not sure that we're that much further than this. Certainly, one subgroup is going to be looking specifically at the selection process and is going to be involved. We only have room for 60 people, plus the At-Large ALAC 30 – regional leaders, 30. So, that's about 90 people all together.

I think that's all I can say at present, really, for ATLAS-3.

DANIEL NANGKAHA: Thank you very much, Olivier. You have [inaudible] about ATLAS-3, but also if you could give an update of the At-Large NCUC [inaudible] speak to that.

OLIVIER CREPIN-LEBLOND: I realized I jumped through. I had that in mind because I was just working on some ATLAS things. Sorry.

DANIEL NANGKAHA: It's fine.

OLIVIER CREPIN-LEBLOND: At ICANN 63, we have a joint NCUC session that will take place on the Monday morning. It will start at, I think, it's about 10:30. It goes on until lunchtime. So, at first, we've got 90 minutes and then another hour after that. A 15-minute break and then a working lunch.

The agenda is currently being worked out. I have worked on it with Tatiana Tropina and shared it with a number of people who have received it by e-mail. I think I've gotten some feedback from Tijani Ben Jemaa but nobody else so far.

So, the earlier we get feedback from this small group, the earlier we can then propose this agenda to the wider group and then I'll post it over to the mailing list. That's all. Thanks.

DANIEL NANGKAHA: Thank you very much, Olivier. I can see that a few hands are up. Tijani, please go ahead. You have the floor.

TIJANI BEN JEMAA: Thank you very much, Daniel. Olivier, thank you for this report. Regarding the ATLAS-3, I would like to ask you, please, you and the whole team who is in charge of ATLAS-3 to make a clear call for volunteers for the groups you spoke about to prepare programs, to prepare logistics, to prepare, etc.

A clear call for members, so that everyone will be aware of it and those who volunteer, if they are ... If you think they are helpful, you can [inaudible] your group with them, but let people know about it. Don't do it, please, underground. Do it in the clear light. Thank you very much.

DANIEL NANGKAHA: Thank you very much, Tijani. I'd like to pause for a moment for questions regarding to ATLAS-3, if we can [inaudible] after item number five on the agenda. I'd like to ask Glenn, is your question in relation to ATLAS-3 or in relation to [inaudible]?

GLENN MCKNIGHT: No, my question is regarding the second item, the NCUC At-Large session. I do have questions on the ATLAS-3, but I'll leave that, as Maureen has mentioned as well as you. Thank you for the opportunity.

I have produced a draft flyer and I wanted to bring up the issue of food. I know it's been back and forth. Perhaps maybe staff and Olivier, have

you worked that all out in terms of who will get lunch and who doesn't?
How do you want to promote that in terms of the literature?

Second thing is the last couple of sessions I don't think we really capitalized on getting new recruits as a result of the event, so I guess from an outreach and engagement view, how are we going to reach out to those people to encourage them to become members of our community? Thank you.

DANIEL NANGKAHA: Thank you very much, Glenn.

OLIVIER CREPIN-LEBLOND: I'm not sure if we lost Daniel.

GLENN MCKNIGHT: Did we lose Daniel?

UNIDENTIFIED FEMALE: The operator is dialing him now. The operator will be dialing him. That was the noise that was there.

HEIDI ULLRICH: May I just respond to the question Glenn asked about the food?

GLENN MCKNIGHT: Sure.

HEIDI ULLRICH: Thank you. My understanding is that there will be a light buffet provided and this will be for members who are attending the joint At-Large NCUC event as well as the fellows and the newcomers. There will be a joint lunch, so people will be given food.

However, Glenn, for the flyer, I would perhaps [adjust] the [content] versus the foot itself. I think that what the actual meeting is about may be of more interest than the food. Thank you.

DANIEL NANGKAHA: Thank you very much for the feedback and question. I'm sorry, I've lost connectivity, to connect, but I'll be able to proceed ahead. Let's proceed with the next item on the agenda which is—

JUDITH HELLERSTEIN: I still have my hand up.

DANIEL NANGKAHA: Judith, please, you have the floor. I'm sorry I skipped you.

JUDITH HELLERSTEIN: I'll leave my ATLAS questions or later, also, but also one other thing. Tijani's question is excellent also on the committees that are forming in outreach and engagement as well. It is very difficult to figure out how the joint effort of these smaller groups. So, if that could also be laid out in figuring out what the groups are and how can other members of the

committee join some of these groups, that would be very helpful because I can't figure that out.

DANIEL NANGKAHA:

Okay. Thank you very much, Judith, for that. One thing about joining the groups [inaudible]. When someone is interested in joining any of the respective groups, in case you're referring to the implementation groups, then you can always send out an e-mail to express your interest to the respective groups.

Allow me to proceed to the next item on the agenda which is updates for ICANN 63. Glenn, you have the floor.

GLENN MCKNIGHT:

Sure. Thank you, Daniel. So, we have a booth. Staff has put a placeholder. I've been reminding people to sign up for the booth time, but as we all know, we don't have the exact times yet, so I do appreciate the fact that people are holding back. But I know that a number of people have expressed interest in volunteering and very reliable people have always done it and I just encourage people who do not volunteer, during the breaks or lunch, you have to eat and you have to talk to somebody. Join the table if you see it's ignored or there's no one there. We unfortunately had mostly [inaudible] the last time, so I hope we will show a lot more participation this time.

I did, prior to the start of the call, I was asking Olivier who the EURALO point person is. I'm not a EURALO person, but I'm more than happy to help out in any logistics and work as much as possible. I've already

signed up for my times, but I'll be there on a regular basis. So, if you recall, we did a lot of photos with [inaudible] hats. I brought 31 hats and I don't know where they all went but somebody took them. So, I lost a bunch of hats. I think I have one with a green star. I don't know what we can wear as a prop, but I'll leave that out to the group.

Long story short, Daniel and group, people will be signing up. Please, if you're going, if you can get at least one hour or two hours into the slot, that would be appreciated. Thank you.

DANIEL NANGKAHA:

Thank you very much, Glenn. I see a couple of hands up. But I'll start with the question in chart, which is a follow-up from Dev on NCUC. Is there a type of flyer or brochure that is going to be given to the prospective new members which we can give out or hand them over [inaudible] on the RALO list?

There's another question that's coming in that is from Adam, whether those who can apply for the school, whether they will be given accommodation and travel support.

Before I proceed to that, I'm going to ask ... I saw Heidi's hand up. Heidi, would you like to still take the floor?

HEIDI ULLRICH:

No. That was an old hand. Thank you.

DANIEL NANGKAHA: Okay. Then, I will have Olivier's hand that is still up. Olivier?

OLIVIER CREPIN-LEBLOND: Thanks very much, Daniel. I'm going to try and answer a number of questions that were asked and I'm doing them from memory. The first one that was asked was to do with the ... It's all to do with At-Large and NCUC. The first thing is when it comes down to the number of people that will attend this, it is my understanding that Siranush Vardanyan who is now in charge of the fellowship and some of the work that the ICANN staff is doing to bring fellows and newcomers to the ICANN meetings is well aware of this event and is going to make sure that the fellows and the Next Gen are going to be taking part in this event. So, we'll have a lot more people on this occasion than we might have had in the past, even though I guess, in the past, we also had a lot of people but we didn't have a room that was large enough. Fortunately, on this occasion, we'll have a room that's large enough. I think that capacity is over 100, so we'll be able to do this.

The proposed format is going to be a lot more interactive, so what we'll probably try and do is concentric tables, so a U-shaped table in the middle and then a second row of tables behind them and try and get the people at the table which has the mics to be all the newcomers. So, all of us old-timers and speakers and stuff, we're not going to get tables. We're going to have to walk around. We're going to have to be outside and we're going to get these people sitting at the tables, the newcomers at the tables. Because the problem in the past is that had everyone that was the old-timer was sitting at the table taking the space

and the newcomers were in a little corner. It was really [inaudible]. Anyway, that's the thing.

Regarding the food, Heidi has already answered this quite correctly. Regarding the flyers and so on, in the past we had some At-Large flyers and we also had some flyers from the region. Some occasions, it didn't work out too well because we didn't have enough. I should ask Heidi then if we have enough in the region because I'm running out of EURALO flyers. I've been all over the place and I don't know if you guys have some. I think that's the last of the things. Thanks.

DANIEL NANGKAHA: Thank you very much. Heidi, sure. Please, go ahead and respond.

HEIDI ULLRICH: Just really quickly. I'm going to be bringing 100 copies of all of the RALO brochures in the various languages and those were for both Barcelona and the IGF, so please do distribute them appropriately. I'm also going to be bringing pins, very nice, good-quality At-Large pins with the logo as well as stickers. Again, good quantities, but again, they're to be shared between ICANN 63 and the IGF. Thank you.

DANIEL NANGKAHA: Thank you very much, Heidi. Let's also [inaudible] to see a comment from [Alfred] regarding to some of the fellows. He just mentioned that some of the fellows have [inaudible] some of the constituencies and working groups which is a very good milestone. One thing is that the main challenge that fellows face is sometimes they get so lost within the

ICANN meeting and they tend to understand all the acronyms and that kind of thing, but it seems when they [inaudible] before being there, they should at least [inaudible] feedback.

I would like to give the floor to Adam Peake. Please, go ahead.

ADAM PEAKE:

Thank you, Daniel. Hello. I hope you can hear me. Yes. The [inaudible] staff are involved in organization, we're not supporting it in any way. It's locally funded and they don't have money to support travel and accommodations, although as Judith mentioned, there will be some reductions on the participation fee. In fact, I think [inaudible] applied who were able to apply, then they would get in free. But, of course, [inaudible] Barcelona. So, I'm sorry about that. It's just the nature of things at the moment.

I did want to mention two other events that I think will be relevant, certainly as we're in Europe and also for EURALO in particular. But, there is a European stakeholders event that we're organizing on Wednesday, October the 24th from 15:15 to 16:45, and we're inviting all the regional Internet organizations. So, that's RIPE NCC, CENTR, Internet Society from Europe, and EURALO to say a few words about the work they're doing. GSE and then government engagement will talk a little bit about European activities and then it's really a consultation where European stakeholders can discuss any issues that they wish to discuss with any of those parties. That's Wednesday from 3:15.

Then, there will be a session for the organizers of the Spanish IGF. It's the 10th anniversary of the Spanish IGF. It's one of the old ones. The IGF

itself will actually be held in Madrid the Monday and Tuesday after the ICANN meeting, but we're going to hold a meeting to them so they give a showcase to the work that they've done over the ten years and we'll preview what will be happening at the IGF. That will be Tuesday, October 23rd from 5:00 until 6:30. It may well be in Spanish, but the idea is to [inaudible] organize it, but it may well be held and organized in Spanish and we would invite [inaudible] Spanish speaking IGFs and the Spanish regional organizations to attend and I will send more details to the outreach groups so that LACRALO will know about this, should it be occurring in Spanish, and if not, then generally anybody would be welcome. Well, anybody is welcome anyway, but there won't be any interpretation. Again, we have cost issues.

So, those are two events I wanted to mention. Olivier, did you want to mention anything about the relationship with CENTR or not necessary? But, as you wish. Thank you, everybody. Thanks.

OLIVIER CREPIN-LEBLOND: Thanks, Adam. There's a discussion currently going on between CENTR and EURALO. CENTR is the association of European country code top-level domains. So, we are looking at doing an MoU, the same as what we did with RIPE and that would be to actually help us in the pursuit of having one ALS in every country because CENTR has members in some countries where EURALO doesn't have anyone, basically, any At-Large Structure or even individual members.

The negotiations are taking place at the moment. I'm hoping that it's going to give rights to an MoU that we will sign in Barcelona. The

proposed time at the moment is likely to be maybe at the end of the EURALO General Assembly strictly because of timing, because if it's at the end of the EURALO General Assembly, it's the end of the day and we can probably get a few drinks to be brought over, whilst the European stakeholders meeting I think is earlier on in the day and the most one would get is tea and biscuits which is not that celebratory in scope. That's all. Thanks.

DANIEL NANGKAHA:

Thank you. When you mentioned about reaching out, making sure that every country in EU, all that EURALO covers, has an ALS, [inaudible] simply referring to [inaudible] multi-stakeholder. In case you were to [inaudible] for countries that don't have ALSes, the multi-stakeholder tool has a section where you can be able to visualize or look at the countries that [inaudible] has reached which helps at least to [inaudible] for outreach or engagement.

I'm seeing again still Heidi. Is that an old hand or it's a new hand?

HEIDI ULLRICH:

Sorry, no. I keep trying to put it down. Thank you.

DANIEL NANGKAHA:

Okay. Adam I think has put up his hand again. Adam?

ADAM PEAKE: Sorry, I think I may be having the same issue as Heidi. I just clicked it down. If it's up, I'll try and take it down again. Thank you.

DANIEL NANGKAHA: Okay. That's fine. I can see time is not our best friend. Let's proceed to the next item, which is about the—

OLIVIER CREPIN-LEBLOND: Olivier's hand is up.

DANIEL NANGKAHA: Oh, Olivier, please.

OLIVIER CREPIN-LEBLOND: It is a genuine one. Thank you, Daniel. Sorry about this. I'm not having any trouble whatsoever today. For some reason, it works. I'm putting my hand up and down. Just a quick last one. You mentioned the stakeholder tool that Dev Anand Teelucksingh has updated recently as well. I must extend my thanks to Dev because we have been in discussions for a little while with CENTR. Not that they were reticent, but it wasn't one of their big ... It wasn't a priority for them and they said, "Well, we'll see this closer to Barcelona.

I then shared the link to the stakeholder tool, and when they saw the data that is in there, I think that hit the balance and they turned it back very quickly and said, "You know what? Yeah. Let's do something together. We're not aware of all this information." I think that's kind of

helping them a lot to also realize how much we can do for them and how much they can do for us. That's it. Thanks.

DANIEL NANGKAHA:

Okay. Thank you very much, Olivier, for that. I also have to share that during the Barcelona meeting, one of our [inaudible] that we have on the draft agenda is that we are going to have a comprehensive demo of the stakeholder tools [inaudible] for those who do not understand how to use the tool, they can always look at it. So, a lot of improvements have been made based on the various comments regarding [inaudible]. So, right now, I think there's a [inaudible], one of the two, which is really great.

HEIDI ULLRICH:

Claudia, did we lose Daniel? While we're trying to get him back, Adam, you have your hand raised or was that that hand that you could not get down?

ADAM PEAKE:

Hi, it's Adam. This is a deliberate hand. I just wanted to say that I've also used the tool that Dev and others have developed—

DANIEL NANGKAHA:

Sorry for the break.

ADAM PEAKE:

It's excellent. I've now already suggested to Olivier, we had a chat not too long ago, that perhaps it would be worth actually demonstrating the tool to Sally and Jean-Jacques when you meet with them in Barcelona. I don't think they've seen it. It's a pretty easy tool to use, but it's very nice if it's run through and shown. I must admit that I find it quite heavy on my McIntosh Air. Excel never works particularly brilliantly on Mac Air. So, I think if you did that, they'd be very, very pleased to see it and it would be extremely for us to target our outreach and work with you, looking at areas such as where there isn't an ALS, where we're light on registrars or people who we feel may be in some way underserved or underrepresented in ICANN. So, that's just a suggestion. I've not mentioned this to Sally or Jean-Jacques, so I might be stepping out of turn [inaudible]. But I think it's an excellent tool and I'm sure they'd be very interested to see it. Thank you.

DANIEL NANGKAHA:

Thank you very much for that update. Allow me to proceed to the next item about the At-Large activities, including [inaudible] At-Large at the IGF [inaudible] Glenn. Glenn, you have the floor.

GLENN MCKNIGHT:

Sure. I'm just going to be very, very quick due to time. The booth has been approved. I've been in contact with [Angia]. She has set up a map of where the booth is. We were on a waiting list. Actually, she combined our ALS booth and the block chain sig, the ISOC block chain sig, the special interest group. We should have enough bodies at that.

I just wanted to add in, since I have the floor, just talking about the workshops and what we're doing at the IGF. There's eight sessions. I've created a flyer for [inaudible] sessions at the booth. We're looking at for having the banners and flyers and literature racks at the booth itself.

Again, it's the same thing. Staff has created a great website in the Wiki to sign up for the booth and participation. I've been communicating through [inaudible] who else is actually going. I'll be there flying in from Bangkok on the 11th, so I'll be there for the entire length of time. So, we look forward to it. Hopefully, we can do some short reporting. Maybe we can work together to do like we've done at past events that we did, like the EURALO GA. We did a synopsis, short summaries of sessions, like curated articles that we do for DIPL, something that we probably should do this year with the community.

So, things are on target. If you have any questions and want to volunteer if you're going, please contact me. Back to you, Daniel.

DANIEL NANGKAHA:

Thank you very much, Glenn. That's good feedback about the progress of the IGF. One thing I'm going to add is for members who are going to be able to make it to the IGF, please, let's sign up and then show [inaudible] collaboration [inaudible] get more members engaged.

And we have an update [inaudible]. Adam has the floor.

ADAM PEAKE:

That was the hand again. Sorry.

DANIEL NANGKAHA: Okay. Tijani, please, you have the floor.

TIJANI BEN JEMAA: Thank you very much, Daniel. Thank you, Glenn, for all you do for this outreach effort because you do a lot. I have two workshops in which I am active. The first one, I am moderating and it is number 407. It will be held on Monday the 12th from 9:00 to 10:30 in room three. The second will be on Wednesday the 14th from 10:00 to 11:30 in room six and it is workshop number 186. In this workshop, I am speaking. I am speaker. So, those are the two workshops. I have other activities, but they are not related to ICANN, so I cannot introduce them. Can you please put them on the flyer that you are preparing? And for the booth, as usual, as you know, I will be there for most all the time I am not in a session. Thank you.

DANIEL NANGKAHA: Thank you very much, Tijani, for giving [inaudible] support. [inaudible] worked with you on various outreach and engagement, especially AFRALO, and your support [inaudible] for At-Large is really great. Thank you very much. Let me give the floor to Mandy to discuss about IGF. Mandy, you have the floor.

MANDY CARVER: Thank you and thank you for the invitation to speak to your Outreach and Engagement Subcommittee. I think, as you are all aware, the IGF this year will be a little bit different because it is part of an entire digital

week that the French government is putting together. The Sunday will be the Peace Summit because it's the 100th anniversary of the first World War Armistice, and as a result, there's no day zero, per se, as there has been in the past.

The French government is also operating a government technical summit that is going to be run in parallel to the IGF and they are encouraging people to go back and forth between the sessions. But, there will be a [inaudible] meeting that is going to run from 3:00 until 7:00 PM – this is the information we currently have – on the Monday or day one of the IGF.

ICANN is participating and supporting the IGF but will also be participating in the government technical summit activities, specifically Goran will be speaking on one of the panels on the Monday meeting, a parallel meeting to the IGF. We will likely have Cherine speaking at the opening of the IGF itself. We're still working out with the local hosts.

The event is going to be at UNESCO. There will also be side events occurring probably at [inaudible] one, which is close enough that the French organizers are saying it's easy for people to go back and forth.

One thing I would flag is if there is some information that [inaudible] may be speaking at the closing of the government technical summit or potentially attending part of the IGF. If that is the case, I would imagine that will dramatically change the security issues around entry and exists to the building. So, it's something we should all keep an eye on.

ICANN as a whole, from the ICANN Org and Board side, is taking a smaller group this year than past participation. In part, this has to do

with the logistics and the schedules and competing events and [inaudible] is also a financial concern. We're trying to be very targeted at where staff participates.

For the even itself, the IGF event itself, ICANN will be hosting an open forum. That currently is scheduled for the Monday. It is likely at this point to be broken into two different sessions. One will be a discussion about ICANN, GDPR, and other legislation, an example of intent versus unintended consequences of legislation and regulation. The second half of the open forum at this point is potentially addressing new gTLDs and the use of unique identifiers. Then there would be an opportunity for open dialogue.

When it comes to panel to workshops, ICANN is working with APNIC and some others on a joint GDPR panel. ICANN will be speaking to it from the perspective of WHOIS. So, that is currently in development with our colleagues. ICANN will also be supporting with other members of the technical community a reception on the Monday night. This will be at UNESCO and right now it's ICANN, ISOC. We're talking to RIPE and others about supporting that event. So, that's the 7:00 to 9:00 Monday evening. That will be on the seventh floor of the UNESCO building.

ICANN also will have a booth. We are also talking to the organizers about the concept of flash sessions and whether there will be dedicated space for that, whether there will be an opportunity in the IGF village or whether there will be a separate space.

I know that you all have organized your own booth, but we are also happy to have your materials at the ICANN booth as well. If you want a multi-focal distribution point, we'd be happy to do that as well.

I'll leave it there. Are there questions about the IGF itself?

DANIEL NANGKAHA: Thanks very much, Mandy, for that. I think that ... Tijani, is that an old hand? If it is a new hand, you have the floor. In case it's not—

TIJANI BEN JEMAA: It's an old hand. Sorry.

DANIEL NANGKAHA: Okay. Since I can't see any questions coming up, allow me to proceed with the next item on the agenda which is an update about ATLAS-3. Previously, Olivier had given at least a brief about ATLAS-3. I think this is [inaudible] in case we have any questions. Please, you have the floor for any questions. I open the floor up for questions. I would like to first [inaudible] Mandy if she can give us at least an update [inaudible] of the different activities or events that are being prepared through an e-mail. I think that would be great, so that we can be able to plan and collaborate respectively.

We have Maureen's hand up. Maureen, you have the floor. But [inaudible] something, Tijani?

TIJANI BEN JEMAA: No, no. I made a request. That's all.

DANIEL NANGKAHA: Yes, please, Maureen, you have the floor.

MAUREEN HILYARD: Thank you. I think you can hear me. First of all, just taking note of some of the comments that have been made already. I do have to apologize on regards to what seems to be a lack of information about ATLAS-3 activities and working groups. I thank Olivier for introducing it earlier, so that you've got a little bit of understanding of what's happening.

I know that this has actually been delayed mainly because it's one of my tasks. It's been delayed due to the At-Large review implementation activities which have taken priority for us and it's really important, as I mentioned before, to have that involvement. This has got a really close deadline to meet with regards to the output that are required for that implementation activity and that we've actually held only two meetings for ATLAS-2 so far, and these have been high-level discussions about logistics and next steps. So, there haven't been meetings that we could invite [inaudible] to and they've involved ICANN meetings staff and our own At-Large staff, coordinating their activities, as well as Olivier and Eduardo who were integral to, as we all know, to ATLAS-2, so it's important that they are a part of those introductory talks.

But, I think we're now at a stage where we're starting to get things organized. We'll have a Wiki space up and we'll actually put on there what we need to do to get organized for the roles that are going to be

necessary to get things established and these were mentioned by Olivier. And we will be better organized for inviting participants and getting them involved in this [inaudible].

But, I would like to add, because it was mentioned before, that selection for participation on those working groups does not necessarily mean that you will become a member of the ATLAS group. We're actually, like I mentioned, performance metrics are going to be part of the selection process and that we will be putting some pretty tight criteria because we're limiting it so dramatically. So, we have to look at getting the best people that we possibly can to do what it is that we want them to do in Montreal.

We're looking at things like ... We don't want to have visa issues, so be sure that you will be able to get one. We're looking at how long you've been with At-Large and how much you've contributed to At-Large. Also, looking at, as I mentioned, performance metrics and we've got nine months to go before we actually have to select the participants. We have to do this by Marrakech for constituency travel, so we have to make sure that the people we are selecting are going to be pretty actively involved in this.

What we do have to be mindful of is that our core role in At-Large, the two main things are policy, assisting with policy development, and policy development advice [for] policy, and also outreach and engagement and that's a [inaudible]. We have to look at metrics related to the core of our role. And people will have to put in an application and it's going to be expectations of what they do during and following ... One of the important things about ATLAS is that there must be some

community follow-up. There must be some evidence that things are actually happening for At-Large within the community.

We really have to think about how we do this and it's not just ... It's not a free-for-all. It's got to be very structured. So, I just thought I'd raise that. If Olivier's got anything else to add, he can do so. Or any questions.

OLIVIER CREPIN-LEBLOND:

Thank you for giving the whole listing. I don't really have much else to add to this. I know there's so much going on at the moment between the At-Large review on one side and the At-Large Summit, preparation for At-Large Summit on the other. I've already started work on both and basically been discussing things with Eduardo. We're kind of getting the ball moving. Maybe one of the things that we'll have to do is to start some mailing lists that are related to this so as to then just add people on mailing lists because when you just deal with e-mail, it's a little hard. Then, of course the development of the Wiki, so as to be able to work on the Wiki as well. That's basically it at the moment.

Yeah. The other thing I have found, though, is somehow confusion that people get between working on the At-Large Summit and working on the At-Large review part of the Summit and General Assembly. We'll have to keep these two processes apart. That's all. Thanks.

MAUREEN HILYARD:

Judith, do you have a question?

JUDITH HELLERSTEIN: Yes. Maureen, thanks for the helpful description. I do also want to [inaudible] Tijani did, that we should make a clear call and a clear way of joining these groups and getting other people involved. Also, I think closer to it, I think what was very successful last time was getting people to do write-ups, as Glenn was saying, getting them involved. That's really how people can really feel more involved and get ownership and do stuff on it when they've done it. I think that's how we've gotten some new leaders coming out.

I know Leah got involved where I was working with her in doing the General Assembly write-ups that we had, and that's one way for these small tasks for new people to get involved and [inaudible] and grow in their involvement. I do think that we need to get this out early enough so that people can start working on those issues and then make it clear [inaudible] be on.

MAUREEN HILYARD: Thank you. I've taken notes. Thank you. Any other questions? Thank you, Daniel. Daniel?

HEIDI ULLRICH: Claudia, have we lost Daniel?

CLAUDIA RUIZ: We still show him connected and he's not muted. Daniel, can you hear us?

DANIEL NANGKAHA: Yes, I can hear you. Sorry, my microphone was on mute. We have Tijani's hand up. Please, Tijani.

TIJANI BEN JEMAA: Yes. Thank you very much, Daniel. Maureen, I would like to make a suggestion. I think now we have a very busy working group, implementation working group for the review of At-Large. The group of the ATLAS-3 shouldn't be including people that are working on this other very busy group if we want it to be [inaudible]. So, try to make a distribution of the work so that we don't have people very busy and perhaps not able to [inaudible] the work and others who are not doing anything. Thank you.

DANIEL NANGKAHA: Thank you very much for your insights, Tijani. Cheryl, please, you have the floor.

CHERYL LANGDON-ORR: Thank you very much, Daniel. Unfortunately, Tijani, this is one of those times when I'm going to absolutely disagree with you. My rationale is that, for example, indeed the topic of ATLAS-3 would be absolute essential need to have a nexus of the key people, Olivier and Eduardo, for example, as primary team, issue team heads in the ATLAS area for the ALAC At-Large Review Implementation Working Group but to also be [inaudible] on the early planning of the ATLAS-3. [inaudible] things disconnected seems quite the opposite of efficient, but I'm sure we'll discuss that further with those separate groups.

DANIEL NANGKAHA:

Thank you very much, Cheryl, for that. Let's keep the discussions for ATLAS-3 for the next call or for the [inaudible] e-mail for discussion. I'll proceed to item six for the GNSO, the RALO presentation of the [different] strategies.

Previously, in the last call, we had strategies from EURALO, APRALO, AFRALO within the different groups and NARALO, but I'm just now happy to share that at least we have the AFRALO strategy already approved and now the LACRALO strategic plan has been completed, but I think the co-chair is working on that [inaudible] to complete with strategy. So, probably the update on that progress in the next meeting to [inaudible] Barcelona.

Allow me to proceed to item number seven on the agenda which is an update from the Capacity Building Working Group on the current engagement activities. Tijani, you have the floor.

TIJANI BEN JEMAA:

Thank you very much, Daniel. The At-Large Capacity Building Working Group, each year organizes about topics that are chosen by the community, by the working group, and before the working group, we made a survey so we have the feedback of the community and the working group choose from the proposed topics, the topics that are programmed for this year, for each year.

For this year, we have 12 webinars and we already made six of them and we have still seven to do. This year, we worked a lot on the hot

topics. For example, with GDPR. We made two webinars about data protection and compliance with GDPR and we made a webinar about new gTLD subsequent procedures. We made two webinars also, one for work track one and three and one for work track five. We made a webinar about KSK rollover. We scheduled another one for 3 October, just before the rollover takes place.

But since we've not said that ICANN is organized one on 2 October, we will advertise it. We will make it known by other communities so that our community will follow it and we will not make another one because it will be a duplication.

The upcoming ones will be awareness about DNSSEC. CcTLD, this is a topic that is asked for by several parts of the community. ccTLDs, signing, country code, delegation and re-delegation of ccTLDs.

We will make another one about universal acceptance and then another one by policy comments. This is also asked for by the community, even if we did a lot of webinars before, the previous year.

We will have a webinar about ICANN jurisdiction, and lastly, we will have a webinar about At-Large review if Maureen tells me that it is ready now to make a webinar about it. If not, I have a replacement one which is ALAC and RALO hot topics that I postponed from last year.

So, this is the 12 webinars that normally will be done this year. The webinars ... We also made another webinar at the request of AFRALO for the AFRALO community. It was also about the compliance about registrant data with GDPR. So, this is the whole activity of the working group. We are preparing ourselves for the next year and we will make a

survey, as usual, to have the requests of the community about topics.
Thank you very much.

DANIEL NANGKAHA: Thank you very much, Tijani, for that update. Is there any questions regarding to the different webinars that Tijani has? Okay. In case there's not ... Cheryl, is that an old hand? I can't see [inaudible].

CHERYL LANGDON-ORR: I've got Internet outages that I think is affecting. I've got one usual red line in my Adobe Connect. I think my efforts to put it [inaudible] getting through. Never mind. Ignore it or get someone to put it down for me. Thanks.

DANIEL NANGKAHA: Okay. Thank you very much. Let's proceed. If we have John on the call, would we mind having the floor [inaudible] social media outreach and social media engage? John, you have the floor.

JOHN LAPRISE: Thank you. Am I audible?

DANIEL NANGKAHA: Yes, we can hear you.

JOHN LAPRISE: Excellent. So, social media strategy has been proceeding at pace. We have working groups in all the RALOs now. We have a meeting set up this week to talk about some outreach issues, especially regarding the KSK rollover as well as to prep for ICANN 63 in Barcelona and then begin coordinating with regional RALOs to start getting them to post in a cohesive fashion and to build, make the teams that are in the different RALOs working together and then coordinating upwards with Evan for the ICANN handle – sorry, the ICANN At-Large handle. So, things are moving along. Thank you. I'll take questions.

DANIEL NANGKAHA: Thank you very much, John, for that update. Currently, we are about to come to the end of the call. The next meeting will be taking place in Barcelona and shall be updating accordingly. So, in case, is there any other discussions or any other business that members on the call can bring forward?

Okay, there is no other business. [inaudible] call. I would like to close the call and see you in Barcelona during the next meeting. Thank you. Bye.

HEIDI ULLRICH: Thank you, everyone. Bye-bye.

UNIDENTIFIED MALE: Bye to all. See you in Barcelona.

YESIM NAZLAR: Thank you, all, for joining the call. This meeting is now adjourned.
Please remember to disconnect your lines. Thank you.

[END OF TRANSCRIPTION]