

CLAUDIA RUIZ:

Good evening, everyone. Welcome to the ALAC Subcommittee on Outreach and Engagement call on Wednesday, the 18<sup>th</sup> of July 2018 at 17:00 UTC.

On the call today, on the English channel, we have Daniel Nanghaka, Maureen Hilyard, Olivier Crépin-Leblond, Ejikeme Egbuogu, Shreedeeep Rayamajhi, Dave Kissoondoyal, Marita Moll, Judith Hellerstein, Glenn McKnight, Dev Anand Teelucksingh, Alfredo Calderon, Satish Babu, Vanda Scartizini, Priyatosh Jana, and Hadia Elminiawi.

On the Spanish channel, we have Lilian De Luque.

We have received apologies from [inaudible], Ali Almeshal, and [inaudible]. Also, Maritza Aguero.

From staff, we have Heidi Ullrich, Silvia Vivanco, Mario Aleman; and myself, Claudia Ruiz, on call management.

Our interpreters today are Paula and Marina.

Before we begin, I would like to remind everyone to please state their name before speaking for transcription purposes as well as for the interpreters to identify you on the other language channel. Thank you and I turn it over to you, Daniel.

---

*Note: The following is the output resulting from transcribing an audio file into a word/text document. Although the transcription is largely accurate, in some cases may be incomplete or inaccurate due to inaudible passages and grammatical corrections. It is posted as an aid to the original audio file, but should not be treated as an authoritative record.*

---

DANIEL NANGKAHA: Thank you very much. [inaudible] in Panama. Just as we're beginning the new [inaudible], there are lots happening, especially regarding to the working group, the Outreach and Engagement Working Group.

Before I go very much further, I would like us to go to the first item on the agenda, which is the working group chair. As you know, I have been acting as the interim chair and I would like to ask how one of my co-chairs, Glenn, would like to be able to take over on the selection of working group chair [inaudible] go into the next item on the agenda. Thank you. Glenn, are you on the call?

GLENN MCKNIGHT: Yes, I am, Daniel. Can you hear me okay?

DANIEL NANGKAHA: Yes. We can hear you loud and clear. Thank you.

GLENN MCKNIGHT: Yes. Okay, thank you, Daniel. Unfortunately, I'm on the road, so my sound may not be the best. So, in terms of the agenda, like you've stated, Daniel, we need to do a motion on this year's chair. So, I'd like to do a motion to nominate and for the community to accept Daniel as the chair, rather than just the interim chair.

SATISH BABU: I'd like to second it.

---

GLENN MCKNIGHT: Okay, thank you. Can we get yeas or nays? So, all those in favor, please express yea.

PARTICIPANTS: Yea.

GLENN MCKNIGHT: Okay. Also, who are dissenting, who disagree, say nay? Okay, I don't hear any. Anyone who wants to abstain, say abstain.

Okay. It looks like, for staff, please note that our chair is Daniel and the community has voted in favor, so I'd like to turn the meeting back to Daniel. Thank you very much, everyone.

DANIEL NANGKAHA: Thank you very much, Glenn, for that. And thank you very much, the members of the working group team, for accepting my nomination as chair.

As [inaudible] section A is that as we have been working during the previous years in the [inaudible], we've been working with the co-chairs. To be able to streamline the [inaudible] of the regional strategies, there are [inaudible] going to be able to come in, especially in the selection of the regional chairs, regional co-chairs. This is going to be a process that is going to take approximately the next three weeks to four weeks and the announcement will be done of the co-chairs to the next working group meeting that [inaudible].

---

I want to request staff to kindly share the link of the [inaudible] that is going to be used for the selection of the co-chairs.

So, after careful discussion together with the previous co-chairs of the working group, we came up with this criteria that is shared on the screen right now. The criteria basically is simple in that you must, we must ... The person who is going to be a co-chair must be a member of the working group and they must be selected by the RALOs. So, they must be [inaudible] within the monthly meetings of the working group. They must be aware of the [inaudible] happening in their respective regions. They must also be [inaudible] part of the outreach and engagement planning team and to communicate about the outreach and engagement co-chair [inaudible] group because over the years the [inaudible] has proved to be so much helpful, especially in terms of co-chair collaborations and to [inaudible] different strategies work together.

As we proceed, also, there must be prepared to discuss the strategic [inaudible] with their RALOs and to report to the members about the progress that is happening within their working group, as far as outreach and engagement is concerned.

Also, one of the [inaudible] of the co-chair is to prepare and lead the RALO implementation of the strategy objective within their respective RALOs and also they must be prepared to co-lead the outreach and engagement program in conjunction with the [inaudible] at ICANN meetings within the region.

---

So, this is a process that [inaudible] for weeks, with one week to call for the volunteers, to [inaudible] their participation, as one of the key strategies [inaudible] members from EURALO and LACRALO that have a low [inaudible] of participation in the working group. So, after the call has been made for the volunteers, it will take another one week for the expression of interest for the co-chairs and another one week where the RALO chairs will have to select, make the selection, of the co-chairs to the working group for their respective RALOs.

From there, the RALO chairs, after the selection from the members [inaudible], we shall be able to declare the new co-chairs. As we work through the criteria, I would like to ask the members currently present on the call if they have any objections or any additions that they feel should be added to the working group. I open the floor. Are there any members who want to make [inaudible]?

SATISH BABU: Can I speak?

DANIEL NANGKAHA: Yes, Satish. Please, go ahead.

SATISH BABU: Thank you, Daniel. If the RALOs are going to select their nominee, what would [inaudible] to this certain group, shouldn't this criteria be given to the RALOs for them to check or are you going to check all nominees from the RALOs based on this criteria. I'm a little confused about the process.

---

DANIEL NANGKAHA: Okay. The process is mainly this is a subsection of the working group of ALAC, of the co-chairs, to represent their respective RALOs. We thought and we saw it important that the selection gets [inaudible] from the respective RALOs as they're responsible for the [inaudible] of their respective strategies.

SATISH BABU: Thanks, Daniel. So, you will be passing these on to the RALOs, right?

DANIEL NANGKAHA: Yes. That's right. Tijani, you have your hand up. Could you please take the floor?

TIJANI BEN JEMAA: Thank you very much, Daniel. To your question of purpose [inaudible] you said the first criteria was [inaudible] a candidate of the co-chair to be a member of the committee, outreach and engagement [inaudible]. So, this is normal, but [inaudible]. EURALO doesn't know who are people from the RALO on the [inaudible]. So, perhaps the list of people who subscribe to this committee should be sent to the RALOs so that they know who are people on the committee from the region, so that they can [inaudible] one of the co-chairs. Thank you.

---

DANIEL NANGKAHA: Thank you very much, Tijani. Let me give the floor to Heidi and then back to Dev.

HEIDI ULLRICH: Thank you very much, Daniel. I have two questions. One is, Daniel, will you be the co-chair from AFRALO? I understand that Dev, who was the last chair, was the co-chair of LACRALO.

Secondly, I see that the criteria, the second bullet states that they must be selected by their RALOs. Then, further down the page says that the RALO chairs will select a person from the members that signed up to be a regional co-chair. So, that seems to contradict each other a little bit there. So, if you could just clarify how the actual selection will take place, I think that would be useful. Thank you.

DANIEL NANGKAHA: Thank you very much, Heidi, for that. Dev, please? I'll answer that after Dev. Dev, you have the floor.

DEV ANAND TEELUCKSINGH: Thank you. I was attempting to try to summarize the work, so if you want to answer Heidi's question first, I'll come back.

DANIEL NANGKAHA: Okay. Let me have Tijani and then Alan, then [inaudible] can be able to answer the question and respond. Tijani, you have the floor.

---

TIJANI BEN JEMAA: Okay. Thank you, Daniel. [inaudible] for me. Since it is volunteer work, this is the first step and now we have a list of members. This list should be sent to all the RALOs, so that each RALO knows who from their region is member of the subcommittee and it has one of them to be the co-chair. So, it is, in my point of view, clear. Thank you.

DANIEL NANGKAHA: Thank you very much. Alan, please take the floor.

ALAN GREENBERG: Thank you very much. I think there are two criteria you have to worry about. Number one, the person actually has to be willing to do the work. So, simply not being a member is not sufficient. And number two, if you look at the problems we've had over the last several years with difficulty between the Outreach and Engagement Subcommittee and RALOs, the reason is the RALOs said, "We didn't pick the person. We don't know who they are. They don't talk to us." So, I think it is absolutely critical that whoever becomes the co-chair is a representative of the RALO and has the agreement of the RALO. I don't much care whether the people attempt to self-select and then again be ratified by the RALO, but the RALO has to have a part in the process to make sure that this person really can speak on their behalf. Thank you.

DANIEL NANGKAHA: Thank you very much, Alan, for that [inaudible]. I'll make [inaudible] all the members of the working group are listed on the Wiki, and the members who are interested in being the co-chairs of their respective



---

RALOs submit an expression of interest and then [inaudible] to the RALO chairs. The RALO chairs are aware of who is representing [inaudible] Outreach and Engagement Working Group. I hope that makes it a little bit clear from each position.

From there, then the selection is made in [inaudible] to the RALOs [inaudible] co-chair to represent them.

Let me hear from Satish. You have your hand up. Then, Dev. Then, Tijani. Satish, you have the floor.

SATISH BABU:

Thank you, Daniel. Thanks for explaining the procedure. I also completely agree with Alan. My question is regarding the timing of the [inaudible] going to constitute new committees from October onward. So, the current committee is the committee that has volunteered or the volunteers were volunteered earlier. [inaudible] constitute it. Do you think it is okay to go ahead with this list of names or should we make a fresh call for volunteers to this committee and then [inaudible]?

DEV ANAND TEELUCKSINGH: So, are you hearing me?

TIJANI BEN JEMAA: Yes, Dev, we hear you.

---

DEV ANAND TEELUCKSINGH: Oh, okay. Thank you. If I see it from the document at the bottom, [inaudible] how the selection will happen is that you ask people from all the RALOs if they want to be involved with the work of outreach and engagement. If so, please join the working group. [inaudible] and then most [inaudible] are volunteering need to be in the working group. It could be they're ordinary members, but those that want to be the co-chairs, they should then send that expression of interest. Then, the RALO chairs can make the selection from those [inaudible] co-chairs to the Outreach and Engagement [inaudible] for their respective RALOs.

If the RALO chairs wants to open it up to a more ... [inaudible]. I would say let the RALOs come up with their process. If the RALO chairs can make the designation, fine. But, if the RALO chairs want to do a more elaborate process, then that's also okay as well.

DANIEL NANGKAHA: Thank you, Dev. Tijani, please take the floor.

TIJANI BEN JEMAA: Thank you very much. Daniel, I think that you gave [inaudible] to the RALO chairs so that we know who will be the co-chair. It is not the [right] process. Alan made it very clear that it must be a decision of the RALO. It's not [inaudible] of any other people. So, if the RALOs are not okay with any co-chair from their region, it must be a co-chair of this region. I think that the process ... Dev described more or less very well the process. A call for membership of committee and the call should be very large, very wide. All the RALOs, all the RALO [inaudible]. So, people volunteer and from those people who volunteer, we ask them if they

---

want to be co-chair for their region and we receive EOI and the RALOs will select from people who submitted EOIs. Or if there is no one who submitted from the region, they will make [inaudible]. So, it is a decision of the RALO, not the decision of anyone else. Thank you.

DANIEL NANGKAHA: Let me take up [inaudible], please, because [inaudible] proceed to the other issues. Hadia, you have the floor.

OLIVIER CREPIN-LEBLOND: Hey, everyone. I think we've lost both Daniel and we've also lost Hadia or we can't hear Hadia. So, I'm not sure if we need to continue through the call, but we can't just wait eternally.

UNIDENTIFIED FEMALE: Can you hear me?

UNIDENTIFIED MALE: Yeah, I can hear everyone.

DANIEL NANGKAHA: Okay, these are technology issues, probably [inaudible]. What I was mentioning is that following the At-Large review implementation overview proposal, there are some issues that came up regarding to At-Large. We hope that in this new working group design, we are going to have a lot of adjustments in the way the outreach and engagement

---

working group collaborates with the RALO or with different working groups.

So, we're going to be able to [inaudible] a way in some action items on how we can be able to harmonize the way the working group collaborates with the different working groups.

For instance, if you look at item number five of the review, [inaudible] contribution of At-Large to [inaudible] ICANN strategy for outreach and engagement, whereby the [inaudible] opportunities for coordination with [inaudible] within ICANN staff.

Also, there's a lack of adequate collaboration which we hope to be able to address. We are going to be able to open up at least a Wiki whereby we can discuss [inaudible] harmonize our relationship or the way we deliver our key inputs [inaudible] to the working group.

I'll go the third item. In case you want to mention or add anything regarding to how we can collaborate, I'm going to ask the members to be able to post on the Wiki whereby you shall be able to open up the document.

If Sarah is on the call, I am going to ask Sarah to give us an update of the community onboarding program that was [inaudible] ICANN 62. Sorry. I [inaudible] when the call for the members to begin, but as we happen to [inaudible]. Since we have the criteria [inaudible] I am going to ask [inaudible] for feedback on the criteria and after the feedback has been harmonized, then we can be able to open up the call for the special interests. Thank you. Sarah, are you on the call?

CLAUDIA RUIZ: I believe she has dropped. We have Hadia on audio now.

DANIEL NANGKAHA: Okay. Hadia, do you still take the floor?

HADIA ELMINIAWI: Okay. I wanted to [inaudible] I support that the selection of the [inaudible] RALOs rather than [inaudible] should be done. I believe it should be left for the RALOs to decide on that. Thank you.

DANIEL NANGKAHA: [inaudible]. It should show that the RALOs are going to decide on the co-chairs. But, as I mentioned, if we are going to have the discussion on Wiki for three [inaudible]. In case Sarah is not on the call, I'm going to request Vanda to give us an update on the ICANN 62. Vanda, you have the floor.

VANDA SCARTEZINI: Thank you, Daniel. Daniel, I have been in the ICANN meeting in Panama, so I will give the floor to Marita, secretary in LACRALO, to update about the booth and the networking events over there. Thank you. Marita, you have the floor.

---

MARITA MOLL: Thank you very much. Will you please confirm to me that you can hear me okay?

DANIEL NANGKAHA: Yeah, [inaudible].

MARITA MOLL: Thank you. And thank you, Vanda, for giving me the floor. Indeed, there were events carried out by the region in this Panama meeting. The first of them was the open house which was a meeting to consolidate the participation of the participants who attended the meeting who had an opportunity to give their viewpoint. Also, an update was given of the topics discussed by the community in this LAC open house. Thank you, Carlton.

So, on this occasion, Leon Sanchez was there and he gave us a view on the temporary specification developed by ICANN. Then, we had several active participants of the community given as a report. This open house was at 12:30 on Tuesday 26. It has been recorded. I will share the link afterwards in the chat, so you can see what was discussed and who was there.

In addition to that, there was another networking event that same day with a high level of participation. There were 50 to 80 people. Then, we ended the day with a typical show performance held in the main hall of the venue and all the participants attended this, because at the same time, there were speeches given on other events in the main room.

---

So, this networking event was attended by the LACRALO board members. Leon was there. Alan was there. Cherine was there. Goran. Humberto Carrasco said a few words. I moderated the session and it had a very significant welcome, very significant reception for that.

Then, I also wanted to tell you that we set up a booth in the main area, very easy to see. It was just by the venue entrance. But, the problem that booth had, though it was strategically located, was that it didn't have much participation by volunteers. Perhaps it was because the list did not get to us with sufficient time in advance. It would have been helpful if we had known about that place and circulated with sufficient time in advance. Humberto and myself. So, we had coordination many activities. We had several calls before the event. But, the booth was [a pending] task. So, unfortunately, in some cases, it was empty. So, for the purposes of improving, it would have been better if we had known earlier about this.

Glenn was there, who helped us with pictures and he has always been doing. He is a very active participant in terms of support, very committed. So, he's been great.

The communication through network or the networking communication, so there was some. It would have been better if the booth participation had been more active.

Humberto and myself were not able to be everywhere, so there were occasions when the booth was empty. Here I have to acknowledge that there was miscommunication. Nevertheless, there was visibility. Leaflets were given. Pictures were taken. Glenn and I can [inaudible] proof of

---

that. But, I would like to have seen more of that. So, information was given to community members, but not many people attended the booth.

We were, nevertheless, pleased with the networking event, not only because of the typical dance but because of the number of people in the room who actively participated. We provided information to people approaching us, most of them fellows. So, we had interesting conversations with them and we tried to establish closer length of collaboration and human connection so that they know that there are people in ALAC, in LACRALO, that are willing and eager to listen to them and to connect.

Well, that is the basic summary I have to share with you and here I am willing to answer any questions you might have. Thank you.

DANIEL NANGKAHA:

Thank you very much for that update. We have approximately ten minutes in our call. I'm going to give one minute for the regional RALO reports [inaudible] summary. Then, after that, we shall be able to hear from [inaudible] respective developments regarding to the FY19 [strategic plans]. Thank you. [inaudible]. Tijani, you have your hand up. Please, take the floor.

TIJANI BEN JEMAA:

Thank you very much, Daniel. We have attended three events in [inaudible]. There were first the Africa strategy working group, the review of the Africa strategy. The second event was DNS forum, the



---

[inaudible] DNS forum. The third one was the 20<sup>th</sup> anniversary of the Internet African group.

During those three events, we had a booth, but we shared the booth of ICANN with AFRALO, so we had half for AFRALO and half for ICANN. We had our orange cloth on the table. We had our banner, [inaudible]. And we had our brochures as well as some graphics that Heidi kindly brought to Panama and that I brought to [inaudible] with me.

The booth was good visited. It was well-visited. Sarah took a list of names of those who visited the booth. We had discussion then. Most of them were local people. So, they showed a lot of interest in AFRALO, and in fact, most of them are already members through their ALSes. There is at least two active ALSes in [inaudible]. The first is [inaudible] and the second is ISOC [inaudible]. Also, there were also other people interested from the [inaudible].

But, what I wanted to say that, in the future, we need to have better prepared our booth. This time, it came a little bit in a [inaudible] because we didn't know about it and we prepared as well as we could. Thanks to [Bob] who brought to us the [inaudible] and the banner. I brought from my side the brochure and Heidi gave us the graphics. But, in the future, I think that we need other things to make people come to the booth. We need some things. I don't know, some USB drive, anything that can make people come to the booth. And we [experienced] that in Geneva during our At-Large booth with our [inaudible]. We had a lot, a lot of people coming to our booth to take [inaudible]. But, when they can, they [discuss with us] and they get

---

interested. In the future, we need to add the same in upcoming activities. Thank you.

DANIEL NANGKAHA:

Thank you very much, Tijani. I'm going to request please little the time. Satish, you have the floor.

SATISH BABU:

Thank you. After Panama, we had last week the Asia-Pacific [inaudible] on Internet Governance where we had about five ALSes and one individual member present among the [inaudible] about 40 people. Next week we have the Asia-Pacific Internet Governance Academy (APIGA) in Seoul, South Korea, which is a program organized by ICANN and the Korean Internet Security Agency. I will be attending this event and we will be doing a session about APRALO as well.

In about three weeks' time, we have the Asia IGF at Port Villa, Vanuatu in the Pacific. Maureen will be attending that event. Later on in October, we have Indian School on Internet Governance in Delhi, which is again a national regional school with international participation.

One other point I want to mention is that the reduction in CROP and also the time it took for the policy to come out made a lot of difficulty for us as far as participation in some of these events that are concerned because our events started in August which means we barely had the six plus one week that is required for CROP events. Next year, we're going to have events starting in July, so we are a little bit apprehensive as to how the timeframe of six weeks plus one week for the GSE people, how

---

we can provide if these events are early on in the financial year. This is something that we have to discuss. In the case of Maureen, we had to use our discretionary funds and not CROP, although it is in the region, so that she could attend. Thank you.

DANIEL NANGKAHA: Thank you very much, Satish. Olivier, you have the floor for the EURALO report.

OLIVIER CREPIN-LEBLOND: Thank you very much, Daniel. So, a number of things have happened since the last time we all spoke. The first one is a follow-up on having [Marco Sudubnik] who came to Republica, which is this big meeting – media, web, and Internet meeting – that takes place every year in Berlin. He went there on a CROP travel. And as you know, the CROP regulations are changing for next year, so a trip, one can only go on a paid CROP trip if there is support from ICANN for that specific conference. On that occasion, I actually managed to speak to Jean-Jacques Sahel, the regional vice president for Europe, and he has mentioned that ICANN or the region will support Republica next year, not as a financial support but certainly as something which ICANN is interested in.

So, we still have to work out what “support” actually means in the realm of CROP, whether it means that ICANN needs to financially support this conference or whether it actually supports attending the conference or the regional VP supports attending the conference. So, something that we’ll need to work out.

---

On the things that we've done, we had the European Dialogue in Internet Governance, EuroDIG, that took place in Tbilisi in Georgia in June. This was very well-attended. We had a number of At-Large participants there and we also had three people that we funded using CROP. We had a booth over there, so that booth was used all the time. It was an ICANN booth, actually, but ICANN and At-Large. Really, we were running the booth for ICANN and we constantly had people. First, our three CROP travelers. It was Oksana Prykhodko, [inaudible], and Andrei Kolesnikov. But we also had other people that came and helped us out on this. And [Marco Sudunic] was there as well. Everyone basically really helped. We had a lot of interest and a lot of people.

Now, not everyone is just an Internet end user. EuroDIG has got a lot of government people going as well, a number of companies and other people, but it was good. We did make a lot of contacts. I think that, as far as individual members are concerned, there's always a great interest to join as an individual member as the first step and then moving on to joining as an At-Large Structure and we might have some movement in that effect.

That's the current plan. I will speak about Barcelona during the next part of the call, so I'll be short. That's the report for now. Thank you.

DANIEL NANGKAHA:

Thank you very much, Olivier, for the report. Can we have the NARALO report? Judith, I can see your hand is up. Would you like to give the report for NARALO? Judith? Okay, in case we can't be able to get to Judith, I would like us to proceed to Dev to give the LACRALO report.

---

GLENN MCKNIGHT: Daniel, can you hear me?

DANIEL NANGKAHA: Yes, sure.

GLENN MCKNIGHT: Just quickly on the NARALO report, recently we did the ICANN DNS Symposium in Montreal. It was a pre-IETF event. I shared with all of you the photos of the slides and very active in social media during the entire event and it was a very successful event. Chris Mondini, our CSE, was at the event as well. Judith, which maybe, if she's still on, she can give a report. But, she did a read-out in New York just last week as well.

What's coming up here soon is RGF USA which many of us will be attending, participating as volunteers and active in that outreach.

Just quickly on engagement, we have two applications in the works for unaffiliated members coming through. We don't have any ALSes at this time. This is actually a slow time of the year.

Lastly, I just want to mention our outreach and engagement draft is available for anyone to see to comment. We have a [inaudible] committee within NARALO with [inaudible]. Lastly, I'll be meeting with Joe and Chris at breakfast prior to the IGF USA just to find out exactly what ICANN stuff they're doing in the next year so we can [inaudible] on our outreach.

---

So, that's it for me, Daniel. Maybe Judith has something to say.

JUDITH HELLERSTEIN: This is Judith Hellerstein for the record.

DANIEL NANGKAHA: Judith, could you please add [inaudible], please. Judith, you have the floor.

JUDITH HELLERSTEIN: So, Glenn mentioned about the IGF USA. I did an ICANN [inaudible] yesterday, on Monday, and I brought a lot of [inaudible] and people are very interested. We had lots of discussion. It was a lot of people who are not necessarily At-Large or others there, so it was a good crowd. But, I did have the question on the CROP in that I believe from the presentation [Mary] gave us [inaudible], what they gave, is that there's a third option that they said that we could use if we don't have an ICANN supported event or others, financial supported, and that if the GSE supports it and it's in our RALO plan, we could use that for a CROP trip.

So, I would love to get more clarification, but that's all in her slides and in her report. It seems we had some kind of disconnect. We're hearing different things. So, maybe we could then have her on and get better priority.

---

DANIEL NANGKAHA: Thank you very much, Judith, for that. Actually, the Wiki on the CROP funding requirements – and thank you, Heidi, for posting the link in the chat. For the discussions regarding CROP, I’m going to request that we continue this discussion through the mailing list. Let’s do the priority report from Dev and then from there we shall jump straight to the outreach plan for ICANN 63 that is [inaudible]. Thank you. Dev, you have the floor.

DEV ANAND TEELUCKSINGH: Okay. I know time is coming up, so I’ll be brief. So, Marita [inaudible] a lot of what happened at ICANN 62, but there was a LAC [inaudible] organized by ICANN that took place in Panama on June 22<sup>nd</sup>. I’ll post the link to this [inaudible]. Two CROP trips were used for that, so for Humberto Carrasco and Jaqueline Morris, to attend and present on LACRALO. They did and they presented on LACRALO with a slide deck. I don’t have the link to that slide deck, but I can find that and post it after the meeting.

Also, what happened in the month of May, we had the Caribbean IGF and one CROP trip was used for that for Carlton Samuels to attend. He was one of the key presenters. In fact, moderated some of the sessions. Albert Daniels was also there from ICANN at the GSE from the Caribbean. There were also presentations by Bartlett Morgan, our ALAC rep, who talked about the impact of GDPR and data protection in the Caribbean. And given that [inaudible] doesn’t have an ALS, one of the organizations there is considering applying to become a member of At-Large, so hopefully that will come soon.

---

Vanda, I believe, also had done several events talking about GDPR and WHOIS in the country. In fact, I think she had recorded a podcast that was done last week. So, maybe she can post the link to that.

We also shared concerns regarding CROP FY19 and the impact, what we actually can go to. I think that's it. Thanks.

DANIEL NANGKAHA:

Thank you very much, Dev. Since we are preparing for Barcelona, let's hear [inaudible] for us for ICANN 63 regarding outreach in Barcelona. Olivier, you have the floor.

OLIVIER CREPIN-LEBLOND:

Thank you very much, Daniel. Barcelona is coming soon upon us and the EURALO has filed a [common] request – additional funding request, that's what it's called – with the Non-Commercial User Constituency (NCUC) on being able to do a little more than the usual capacity building outreach that is usually done at an ICANN meeting, like the one that we did in Panama and the one that we did in Puerto Rico, etc., so that we could actually have some funding to have some promotional material and perhaps also have a lunch or a cocktail afterwards.

Right now, what's going on is that we are working together. Tatiana Tropina and I are working with staff both in the NCUC and in At-Large so as to find out what is the expected size of the room that we require and when we would require this, because as you know, one needs to make those room requests early enough so as to be able to have some good timing. Otherwise, you end up with the 8:00 AM session or even the



---

7:30 AM session or the one at 6:30 PM when everyone is going home, or the last session of the week or the first session of the week, this sort of stuff.

So, we're basically putting together our minds to make a request on what we need. As soon as we have that, then we'll be able to build the agenda from there. The expected amount of time that we need is about ... Well, we're looking maybe at about 90 minutes plus 90 minutes and either having it on either side of the lunch where we could have a lunch in between or having it in the afternoon followed up by a cocktail.

What's good is that we also have Global Stakeholder Engagement (GSE) that is involved in coordinating this and helping us out on this. So, I think that on this occasion we're starting early enough. We've still got several months until Barcelona. We've got the key people that are synchronized. I'm going to bring the Outreach and Engagement Working Group as early as I can into the process when we start building the agenda. So, we are early into building the agenda as well, so I really need to have your collective input on that. I've had some feedback by some people saying, yeah, but you know what? Most of the topics for these common sessions have actually come from the NCUC or the NCSG and very few coming from us. That's because we didn't engage early enough, so we need to engage fast enough. With your help, we'll be able to make this the best capacity building session for people to come into this.

By capacity building, I mean basically discussing policy, discussing topics. We're thinking this time that we might take a neutral expert for each one of the topics that would be discussed. So, rather than just having

---

each side of the story, so one side saying that's our point of view and then we say what our point of view is, we would be in a situation where we take an actual person leading that process. So, for example, with the expedited PDP, the EPDP would have the chair of that working group come to talk to us for five minutes and telling us how things are and what they're planning to do and then we would have a discussion around it.

It's still very early stage, so please, when I send a call over to the Outreach and Engagement Working Group list, let's work on that as soon as possible. We're likely to work on a Google doc, so the moment I know, then we'll be able to do that.

Step one, find a room. Step two, build the agenda. Thank you.

DANIEL NANGKAHA:

Thank you very much, Olivier, for that update. I think we should create an action point from your update, that [inaudible] to Wiki so we can start to work on this as soon as possible. Also, this also reminds me that this [inaudible] another 90-minute call [inaudible] for the Outreach and Engagement Working Group to be held in Barcelona. It might be early, but to give [inaudible] apply early.

Right now, we are actually over the meeting time. I'm going to request for at least an extra five minutes so we can wind up the call with Glenn giving us an update on the IGF Paris booth and then we shall be able to talk briefly about the development of the FY19 RALO strategies and then we shall be able to decide when the next call [can go on]. Glenn, you have the floor.

---

GLENN MCKNIGHT: Thank you. I think Olivier's got a question first. Daniel?

DANIEL NANGKAHA: Yes, please. Olivier, you have the floor.

OLIVIER CREPIN-LEBLOND: Yes. Thank you, Daniel. Sorry. I had put my hand up just to add one more thing. You mentioned a Wiki. Yes, we will put a Wiki together. I think that staff has already put a Wiki up, if staff could please confirm this. They either have put it up or it's in the process of being put up, so then we've got [inaudible] work on. That's all. Thanks.

HEIDI ULLRICH: Yeah. Sorry, I did not push send in the chat and I will put that right now.

DANIEL NANGKAHA: Thank you very much for that. Glenn, please, you have two minutes to give us the IGF ...

GLENN MCKNIGHT: Yeah. I won't use two minutes I'm pretty sure. So, what's happened is I contacted [inaudible]. She's been responsible for the booth space at the IGF Paris. They have not decided. There are 82 applications. I believe there's 52 booths that they'll be deciding on doing as best they can to lobby to make sure we have it. I've been keeping ISOC informed as well

---

because there will be ICANN ALS and ISOC chapter type of booth. I'm getting a bit of pushback a little bit from some of the board members on ISOC, so it's a bit of a nurturing I'm doing on that side. But, I believe Olivier had some questions on that, since it's in his jurisdiction. I think I want to leave the time open for Olivier if he had any questions on it.

So, just in essence, what we're looking at is an outreach table. I have three workshops that have been confirmed that I'll be doing. Many of us said we're going to be there or will have workshops. I don't know how many people will be attending at this stage, but I'm going to turn it back to the chair so that Olivier can comment. Thank you.

DANIEL NANGKAHA:

Thank you very much for that. I'm happy to say that at least the interpreters are okay to stay a bit longer, but we shall limit it not to go more than at least the next five or ten minutes. Glenn, you have given the floor to Olivier to mention something about the IGF. Olivier, would you like to mention something about the IGF?

OLIVIER CREPIN-LEBLOND:

Thank you very much, Daniel. There was some concern expressed within EURALO for having a common booth between the Internet Society chapter and the At-Large Structures and ALAC and At-Large.

What I've done is to ask EURALO members, and we've launched a poll and we haven't got the result yet. But, early suggestions seem to show that the majority of our members are okay with having this joint booth. But, as I said, the poll is not closed yet, so I'll come back to you.

---

Personally, I would think it's okay. We certainly have a surge of people that are [inaudible] At-Large Structure that say no and better that we have separate.

I think that going in the favor of having a joint booth is the fact that we are faced with such a huge restriction on the number of booths. 86 requests for 56 booths, there's going to be a lot of unhappy organizations and we should be happy if we actually get one. Not only that, if we get one, that it's well-located. Thank you.

DANIEL NANGKAHA:

Thank you very much, Olivier, for that update. It seems the Wiki has been created. We can at least continue the discussions on the Wiki. Allow me to [inaudible] development of the FY19 RALO outreach strategies. Every FY there is [inaudible] have to come out with an outreach and engagement strategy that is shared or discussed with the RALO members, and then after discussion, it goes through an approval process and then they have to plan for the respective CROP trips.

So, this year, we are a little bit late. I'm going to ask that the moment we have staff ... At the moment, the different RALOs [inaudible] working on their strategies to at least [inaudible] in the proper [inaudible] of the CROP trips. Also, you know that CROP has come up with new respective guidelines [inaudible] to follow the guidelines of CROP, just to mention.

As we are coming to the end, I would like to go to the second last item on the agenda, any other business. Is there any other discussions that anyone has on the floor? You have [inaudible].

---

Okay. Since there are no any other discussions coming up, I would like us to schedule the next monthly call, probably one month from now, that will be most likely in the second or the last week. We shall send out a Doodle early, so that we can be able to plan for the call. Meanwhile, expect at least an update on the criteria for the selection of the co-chairs, which will be posted and shared for discussion on the Wiki. Otherwise, I would like to have the call adjourned. Thank you very much for attending the call.

TIJANI BEN JEMAA: Thanks, everyone. Take care, all, and thanks.

DANIEL NANGKAHA: Thank you, all. Bye-bye.

TIJANI BEN JEMAA: Happy birthday, Tijani, by the way.

CLAUDIA RUIZ: Thank you all very much for joining. This call has now been adjourned. Please remember to disconnect your lines. Bye-bye.

**[END OF TRANSCRIPTION]**