

---

CLAUDIA RUIZ: Good morning, good afternoon, and good evening to all of you. Welcome to the LACRALO Governance Working Group call on Friday, March 2, 2018 at 23:00 UTC.

On the list of participants, on Spanish, we have Sergio Salinas Porto, Vanda Scartezini, Aida Noblia, David Plumb, Sylvia Herlein Leite, Fatima Cambroner, Alberto Soto.

On English, we have Bartlett Morgan.

We have on the staff side, Silvia Vivanco; and myself, Claudia Ruiz managing the call today.

We have David and Paula as our interpreters today.

We can start with the call. I would like to remind all participants to please say your name before you take the floor, not only for the transcription, but also for the interpreters. Now I give the floor to Sergio.

SERGIO SALINAS PORTO: Thank you, Claudia. Good morning, good afternoon, and good evening to all of you. My name is Sergio Salinas Porto for the record. Today we have six or seven agenda items. The first one, I see that we already have Jacqueline Morris with us. She's joining the call just now, so I'm going to give the floor to David to see if he can start with introductory remarks for this meeting. Thank you. David, you have the floor.

---

*Note: The following is the output resulting from transcribing an audio file into a word/text document. Although the transcription is largely accurate, in some cases may be incomplete or inaccurate due to inaudible passages and grammatical corrections. It is posted as an aid to the original audio file, but should not be treated as an authoritative record.*

---

DAVID PLUMB:

Thank you, Sergio. Good afternoon, good evening to you all. I apologize for having this call so late on a Friday evening. This is LACRALO Governance Working Group call, but actually this will also serve as a space for us to prepare for the Puerto Rico meeting.

We have participants that were in the meeting that we had a year ago. So, what we are going to do – the March meeting will be another challenge, step, to look at your commitments, your ideas, the ones that you raised during the LA meeting in 2017. We are going to take stock of what happened over the last year.

Most of the time in Puerto Rico will be spend on discussing government related issues and the documents that have been produced by this working group are very important input. That is why we wanted to take advantage of this time and start looking ahead and think beforehand about our discussion on this input that we are going to address during the Puerto Rico meeting.

Two are three very important inputs will be, first, the operating principles document draft was released this week. This group has been working hard, particularly Sergio and Vanda have participated very hard on the production of this document, so thank you for your hard work. The document has been circulated to the region and there is a document that we are not taking into account now that has to do with the [Emeritas] Council that was an idea that cropped up last year and several people took some time to consider this issue and see how it could be put into practice.

---

So, Sergio and Vanda who have been heavily involved in the preparation of this document, the first one, the fresher one, the one on operating principles, perhaps you could tell us about the content, the logic, of these documents – what we have there and what we don't have.

So, if we have a few minutes to reflect on what we need before we get to the Puerto Rico meeting, I would like to focus on that first.

So, now let me open the floor to this kind of discussion, in particular to get the views of the people who haven't been so heavily involved in the drafting of this document. I would like, during this call, to give the chance of those who are looking at this document for the first time to give their views. Sergio, I will give you back the floor now. If possible, I would like to ask you to explain the underlying rationale for this document that is the output of this [inaudible] started last year.

SERGIO SALINAS PORTO: Thank you, David. What can I say about this piece of work? It took us a year of discussion and exchange of ideas. We talked about the various aspects that have to do with some principles that should be embodied in the work we do and will set more clear relationships for all of us. So, we are not necessarily dealing here with all the procedural issues here.

As you said, David, we have a lot to document with [eight] chapters that we have different articles, different items, in each chapter. We started with a few ideas to convey some key ideas and we ended up having 38 paragraphs here, 38 items actually. We worked on the different headlines, the definition of a member, the vision of the RALOs, their spaces for participation, the extraordinary assembly and the other types

---

of meetings, how we could ensure that we could have an active group for filling its responsibilities in the region in a modern way.

So, we work on each of these items, but this is the result of a very rich discussion. I think that is the beauty of this process. We had great discussions, exchanges of ideas, and a lot of respect. I think that I need to highlight that. That is why we were able to produce this document. Some colleagues have made significant contributions and we were able to talk about some hot topics that had created some friction in the region and we were able to move forward with our discussions.

So, probably we can improve on this document. Probably we may have some fine-tuning. We will have to make a few touches, a few light modifications. But, what we concluded is that we always sought a greater degree of participation and commitment in the region. That is the basic idea. This is what happened in the process, David. Vanda is now asking for the floor, so I'm going to give the floor to her. She's a woman. She may have a different idea. Thank you.

VANDA SCARTEZINI:

Good evening to you all. I just want to remind you that we made a very significant effort to maintain the Spanish part, as simple as possible so that the translation into English can follow the same principles for interpretation because what we read before was that there was a possibility in the Spanish language to have a different interpretation from what was written in English.

So, our effort was also to reduce, to make it as clear as possible, as straightforward as possible, so that we avoid interpretation that can

---

generate or lead to nonsensical discussions. Many times I believe we just included the most important points among people in our region since we started in 2006. Thank you.

SERGIO SALINAS PORTO: David, do you agree with our input? Would you like to add something with respect to the work? We have offered this to all our colleagues in case they want to ask questions, so that they can do that.

DAVID PLUMB: I fully agree with you, Sergio and Vanda. I would actually like to very quickly, we don't really have time for long discussions, but maybe we can invest five or ten minutes in reactions of people who have not been participating very actively in this. I'm thinking in particular about people on the English channel here. I think it's probably more difficult for them because of interpretation. So, I'm going to give the floor to people in particular on the English channel, but any other person who wants to make any kind of reflection about this document, just willing to give us their first impression on what the document is like. The floor is now open to you. Fatima, you have the floor now. Fatima, we cannot hear you. Fatima, can you hear us?

In the meantime, I am thinking of people who have not been fully or directly involved in this past month. I am happy to listen to some reactions, in particular thinking what we can do in the Puerto Rico meeting. Maybe Alejandro would like to provide us with his input.

---

SERGIO SALINAS PORTO: Jacqueline or Bartlett?

BARTLETT MORGAN: Hi, everyone. I'm not sure if I'm being heard.

UNIDENTIFIED MALE: Hello. You are being heard.

BARTLETT MORGAN: Okay, great. I'll be very brief. I have my son with me. He's probably going to get a bit testy soon. On review of the governance principles, one of the things that jumps at me is that, to some degree, it seems in a very [inaudible].

UNIDENTIFIED MALE: I'm sorry. You can only speak English on the English channel and Spanish on the Spanish channel.

SILVIA VIVANCO: What happens is the Adobe Connect now is only in Spanish.

BARTLETT MORGAN: I selected the Adigo English channel.

---

SILVIA VIVANCO: The interpreters will only hear you on the Adobe Connect in Spanish, so we cannot speak English in the Adobe Connect. You need to use the telephone line.

BARTLETT MORGAN: I'm not sure what's going on, but I'm not speaking into the Adobe Connect.

HEIDI ULLRICH: Adigo, could you please call Bartlett on the English line, so he can get the interpretation to go through. If we can go ahead and do that on the English line, please. Thank you.

SERGIO SALINAS PORTO: I was reading previous documents and the changes that have been incorporated, for example, the fact that the chair and vice chair were there and I think it was a very good idea, especially because we can just avoid going through an electoral process before [the date]. That's a very good thing.

You always look for this. I haven't really found that. I simply want to thank you for what you have done and the same happens with the secretariat and the vice secretariat, so that these people can [inaudible] or a process that is [normal] and basically other [inaudible] and it was okay that they [inaudible]. I have not actually found something that is missing. I actually believe all those changes are very, very positive. Thank you, Silvia, for your contribution.

---

With respect to all of these, this is not only going to soften all the work for all the officers, but actually I think it's going to enrich the internal work in LACRALO. It's going to generate a higher drive and it does not mean that people are going to travel pro bono places and it will make us simply work better, have a better dynamic. So, your [inaudible] your ideas and the criterion used for all of this.

Have you been able to add Fatima? Fatima is saying she has not been called yet. Welcome, Fatima.

FATIMA CAMBRONERO:

I was being called, but I think it's working better if I use the AC room. I am going to hang up on Adigo and I'm just going to use the AC. My computer is being a bit crazy today. I apologize.

As I was saying, I have been working with [inaudible] a long time. First, let me thank you for your work in this working group and congratulations. That's a very good thing. On the other hand, I do remember that we have already tried to prepare an operating principles document in this same regard for the Puerto Rico meeting and we couldn't really manage to do that. So, I think it is great that we now do have a document and I hope it will be submitted for the whole of LACRALO.

As you know, I'm a lawyer and my comments will always be focused on the procedure and more fine-tuned details. I have some comments I would like to make and things that we need to take into account in case our problems, as Vanda was saying, in interpretation of the document, as it has happened before.



---

It usually is referred to ... in Latin America we usually call the region Latin America and the Caribbean. We can make this more precise. I would also like to fine-tune the view of LACRALO and to place more emphasis on the [inaudible]. I think this is what we have not been able to have with mediation. We have not been working on policies and it's something that has to be carried out in LACRALO. We are here to discuss policies with respect to end users on the Internet.

SERGIO SALINAS PORTO: Fatima, I would like to say two things. First, can you please send us a proposal with an alternative text to what we have? Can you please do that input for us?

FATIMA CAMBRONERO: No problem.

SERGIO SALINAS PORTO: Alberto is also asking for this and I'm trying to copy his points. So, please, speak more slowly.

FATIMA CAMBRONERO: Then another issue is the definition of what are ALSes. The document does not include what an ALS is. An ALS is an acronym, so we first need to define what an ALS is, so this is missing there. And in the definition of what an ALS is, we probably also need to be more specific because there is a lot of focus on what is not an ALS. It cannot be a registry, it cannot be an [inaudible]. So, perhaps we need to say what can be an ALS. Be

---

more precise in our definition and help to make it more clear. So that an organization that applying can know if it will or will not be accepted as an ALS.

Then, there's another issue there – I don't really have a response [for that] – has to do with a replacement for NomCom. That replacement would probably replace the other person and there will be a conflict of interest. So, we need to know what are the skills or what is the capacity we need to have to choose this replacement. I simply have this question. I don't know what kind of a person can that be.

Finally, I know that the document should say that in case there is a different interpretation in the operating principles, the interpretation would be by the group of governance. I understand that the governance group would be dynamic. The makeup of the group would be a dynamic makeup, so I have the feeling that we may fall into a situation of conflict if the members of the governance group need to solve a conflict that involves one of its [members].

So, it doesn't really look at [inaudible] third party to solve a conflict there and this is what sounds a bit weird for me. From what I remember in the Los Angeles meeting, I had understood that this interpretation of rules and principles will be made by the Council Emeritus. I don't remember exactly what the name was. So, probably if I have an incorrect interpretation of this, somebody should explain to me if there would be more [inaudible] in this governance group. I think we should work more to solve this.

---

This is just a very brief description of it. I think the structure is okay and I do feel that this is only part of this, working on the operating principles and rules is just a part of what we have agreed to do and there is a longer part that has not been [said]. Once again, thank you very much for working on this document. Thank you, Sergio.

SERGIO SALINAS PORTO: Thank you, Fatima, for your contribution and for all the issues you have raised here. It is clear that the Emeritus Council was going to take care of interpretation part for the [inaudible] third party should be involved.

I think that there is nothing clearer in this group, that the meaning of the rules because we discussed them at length. Of course, there needs to be a special procedure for these kinds of discussions and whenever we have a conflict of interest, we may have to do ... What we would have to do is to get out of the group if the conflict of interest affects the group itself.

So, it is important to interpret what we meant to do when there is some concerns and doubt about that. So, when we wrote this, we wanted to say this. When we wrote that other thing, we meant to do this. Aida has the floor now.

AIDA NOBLIA: Greetings to all of you. Let me begin by the end. Based on what you were saying, Sergio, I was recalling a similar situation and that has to do with the [inaudible] that sometimes there are doubts when we interpret the laws. I was thinking about a resemblance with a parliamentary

---

discussion when you tried to interpret what was meant in the letter of the law.

So, when there is hesitation about interpretation, we need to have that discussion, and in that case, we need to involve the people who developed that language. I can draw a parallelism here. And since for dispute settlement, we will need [inaudible] or an arbitrator here. We need to consider some other settings.

One thing is to try to understand the meaning of the [inaudible], and another thing is to deal with the potential conflicts we may run into.

I didn't understand quite well what you said about the mission because there we have some brief explanation. The mission, according to what the document says, promotes and ensures the participation of Internet users in Latin America and the Caribbean region [in all] the policy development processes of ICANN. So, I thought that was considered there, but perhaps we need to expand that a little bit. Those were my two comments, just for the mere fact that I participated in the drafting exercise. Thank you.

SERGIO SALINAS PORTO: Thank you, Aida. Now I'm going to give the floor to Bartlett, so that he can give us his view. Welcome, Bartlett. Go ahead, please.

BARTLETT MORGAN: Thank you, everyone. Just some very quick comments, just looking at the governance document really quickly. The first thing that pops to mind – I guess before even going there, let me just say I think some

---

really important progress has been made here with this document. I wasn't very deeply involved with the drafting, if at all to be honest, but I really think some important progress has been made here.

Just some really quick points. I said the first thing that pops to mind in reading through the document and looking at it as a whole is that it appears that we may be slightly conflicting with the ICANN bylaws in terms of the powers that we've [inaudible] onto ourselves based on these governing principles.

I would just merely suggest that perhaps it might be worthwhile just to have a look at section 12 of the bylaws, in particular 12d, which speaks to the ALAC and how it operates and the kinds of decisions it can make. The board itself, and certain decisions which have to be made by the board. So, I would just quickly suggest that we perhaps just have a look at that in reviewing this going forward, especially in anticipation of the meeting.

The other thing that I've noticed also has to do with ... Actually, no, that may not be [inaudible]. The one thing I just ask for some clarification on is the use of the term president. I'm aware of translation issues will probably come into play, but I think this was discussed already. My last recollection is we had gone in a different direction. I could be wrong. But, just the use of the term president is sort of [inaudible] something lightly different from a chairperson. I just maybe suggest that perhaps that's something to consider as well.

The other observation is this notion of the vice president and assistant, I guess secretariat. In effect, maybe I'm reading the proposal wrong and

---

I'd really like some clarification here, but it appears that basically they would be dormant unless there is some kind of a situation of [inaudible] where the president or secretariat can't act, which to me might be a bit wasteful. I'm not sure. I just want to [inaudible] quickly, just my quick observations. Thank you.

SERGIO SALINAS PORTO: Thank you, Bartlett, for your participation. I'm taking note of the comments that you have made and this term president instead of chairperson. This should have a formal translation, so I'm going to look into that to make sure that there are no questions. Now I have two questions for you. The first one is the following.

In section 12d, you mentioned section 12d from the bylaws. Which bylaws were you talking about? The second question. You also talked about the secretary position. Could you please explain that again, so I can take notes? Thank you.

BARTLETT MORGAN: Okay, sure. I was referring to the ICANN bylaws. If you go to article 12 ... Let me try to find a link. I hope that this is the current version. Here we go. This should be the current version of the bylaws. Go to article 12 and you'll see what I was referring to there.

The other question had to do – I'm sorry, I missed the second question. Can you repeat that, please?

---

SERGIO SALINAS PORTO: Yes, Bartlett. Of course. The second question was the following. You started talking about the bylaws, the ICANN bylaws, and you specifically mentioned section 12 and you said that there might be some potential conflict with the ALAC rules. Then, you talked about the term president and I think that later on you talked about the secretary. Could you please repeat that, so that I can take notes?

BARTLETT MORGAN: Oh, okay, great. The point I was making was to do with the proposed role of a vice secretary. I guess the vice president. When I look at the proposal, it seems to me that more or less those persons would effectively be dormant and have no, I guess you could say, executive activities that they have to carry out, outside of simply waiting for there to be maybe a conflict or some reason why the president or the secretariat cannot act. That was my observation. I guess it was also a question to ask if my interpretation of that is correct.

SERGIO SALINAS PORTO: Thank you, Bartlett. Just for your peace of mind, your question about the secretary on the vice chair and the vice secretary, those would be the alternates for those members. You're right. They would be in a dormant position. Their executive positions would undoubtedly take effect if we lose some other person in the member positions, but they will also do a lot of work within the board. They will take responsibilities within the [work].

So, although it may seem that they are not important in terms of the participation they will have because perhaps they will never participate

---

in an ICANN meeting or they will not be able to enjoy the internal life of our organization in person, they will play a very important role throughout their mandate, their term, inside LACRALO. So, I think that they will have a lot of work to do and they will do a lot of coordination work in order to help the chair and the secretary.

Vanda and Fatima are asking for the floor, so first I'm going to give the floor to Vanda and then to Fatima. Go ahead, Vanda.

VANDA SCARTEZINI:

Thank you, Sergio. I think the activity of the alternate members, the [inaudible] members, have to be clear. I think that it is common in bylaws to say that they are going to fulfill all these duties, and then all those that are part of the members, the full members, in those positions.

So, we need to have that definition of the responsibilities of those that would be in the position, not alternate but as a permanent member. So, I think that by adding that kind of information, we can clarify Bartlett's question.

SERGIO SALINAS PORTO:

Thank you, Vanda, for your comment. Fatima asked for the floor, so I'm going to give the floor to Fatima now.

FATIMA CAMBRONERO:

Thank you, Sergio. I apologize for asking for the floor again. I have a question. What was your thinking in terms of the rules and the



---

principles? Because there are certain principles that we can identify, but where are we going to have some functions or some disciplinary measures? What happens, for instance, if the members of ALAC or the chair and the secretary are not members of the [right bodies]? How are we going to deal with those problems? How have you thought about that?

SERGIO SALINAS PORTO: We think that the entire process is going to be quite cumbersome. When we started drafting this, I recall something that Carlton Samuels mentioned when we started having all these conflicts in the region and he said that we were just beginning to discuss the rules and I remember that we had that initial work on the operating principles and initially he said that we should list all the principles and then we were going to have a big headache because we would have to deal with a lot of issues and we will have a greater volume of work, much more than what we do with the rules of procedure.

But, the beauty about this is that we have a lot of background information about what we wanted to do and we had several discussions. There are several discussions that we have already had and their issue is clear for us. Others will happen along the process, along the way, but what we are going to do is to work on the rules of procedure through a separate process, and in that process, we are going to go item by item and we will have a process or a procedure for each item.

---

Of course there may be complications because although we may have written rules, we are always looking for some minor detail. There is something that we don't always agree with. So, if we have an [orderly] process, I think that we are going to reach positive outcomes. But, as I said, we will have to do a lot of work.

I don't know if we have anymore comments. Otherwise, we have to start with the metrics discussion.

DAVID PLUMB:

Looking at the time, maybe will have time for that [inaudible], and listen from Alberto to hear what the spirit of the document is. The document has already been circulated, but we need to discuss this a little bit to be able to just [close on time]. So, Sergio, if you agree with this, maybe we can give the floor to Alberto so he can explain what the document is.

ALBERTO SOTO:

The origin of the document has been there for a long time. The rationale to try to [inaudible] this out to have a quick result, let me explain this also very quickly. ALAC has requested these several times. They ask for slots to travel to previous ICANN meetings. There were also some ALAC members who could give notice that they could not travel and to take that slot, they were looking in the RALOs for people who have participated in that policy round in those working groups. It didn't really matter in which working group. It could be [inaudible] working group, in RALO groups, etc., who have been involved in one of the ALAC meetings, who have been involved in webinars, or who are concerned and participated actively.

---

Unfortunately, we don't really have these people in LACRALO. We have working groups where there are representatives from four RALOs and LACRALO is not represented there.

Based on that and based on the fact that ICANN is having reduction in their contributions [inaudible] advisory committee, it was necessary. Also, because we need people to start participating actively and we need to have metrics and we need to have a way to [inaudible] people so they can see that with the number of hours that they need, that an organization, an ALS needs to invest – and I don't mean the member – this is not more than 15 hours a year – and I repeat, a year – of active participation.

Why do I say this, that it has to be an organization and not a member? Because when the member of an organization is not able to participate in a meeting, then there's another member that can participate there as long as they are represented by the ALS. We've had ALSes with two representatives in the same meeting. In my case, we were in a working group, in a cross-community working group, with three members of [inaudible] in the same group.

So, there has to be some kind of assessment of the organization. [inaudible] said that 15 hours is not a lot. It's because an ALAC member that has an active participation and signs up for a working group and they participate in other cross-community working groups, it will take them between [40 to 50 hours] a month, so 15 hours a year, for [inaudible] group is really okay.

---

There will be a general assembly that I think we moved from [inaudible] to Canada and we will need to have prior metrics that if we do not have sufficient funds or if ICANN does not provide any money for the ALSes in all the RALOs, we will need to have metrics to see who will and who will not travel. I think that's enough. Thank you.

SERGIO SALINAS PORTO: Thank you very much, Alberto. I would like to answer. There is a question, David. The question is from Antonio Medina Gomez. I am now writing it on the chat box. The schedule will probably [inaudible] from the Puerto Rico meeting and Antonio says, "I am currently listening to all the intervention [inaudible] Sergio will have the [steps] to follow on what is the timeline." The answer is there will be a timeline after the San Juan meeting and the next steps is to have a preliminary document to use in San Juan so that we can take all the input of all our colleagues traveling together with the input that we are getting today, so we can progress. The next step, of course, is the rules of procedure.

David, would you like to speak again? We have eight minutes to ending [inaudible].

DAVID PLUMB: Thank you, Sergio. I would like in the next five minutes to see if there is any reaction with respect to metrics. I also see Alejandro Pisanty has raised his hand. We have five minutes to discuss this metrics proposal very quickly, and then we can just wrap up this meeting on time. Alejandro Pisanty, you have the floor now.

ALEJANDRO PISANTY: I hope you can hear me. My intervention will be on a different point, which is not metrics.

SERGIO SALINAS PORTO: Anyone who would like to have an intervention or to speak about metrics? So, Alejandro, you have the floor NOW.

ALEJANDRO PISANTY: Thank you very much. Good evening or good afternoon for those of you who are in [inaudible] and different time zones. Let me first stress the importance of the observations that Fatima has made. I think they were very well substantiated and the replies provided I think satisfactory. It [inaudible] body in the case of interpretation. That is, aside from what the law says or aside from invoking the spirit of the law or even day-to-day as Aida is saying, there may be issues of interpretation that are not necessarily semantics, but actually they may be related to what Bartlett mentioned in connection with incompatibility with [inaudible] and they should be sent to some kind of authority, some kind of superior authority, with the power of resolution or with an ability to make a mediation or lead to some other kind of agreement. This may also again be [inaudible] zero sum game. I think this is something we should consider.

The general observation is if this is the solution, then what is the problem? I think that having a document for operating principles is not the solution and it's not the problem that we can solve. It may be a

---

small part of it, and my opinion, it would be an opinion that is subordinate from the general solution. The operating principles, they need to [inaudible] because they do not contain the following issues that they should have, and these are issues such as [inaudible] quotas. With such a small number, it would be difficult to meet this requirement. These are important and significant points. [Their] resolution is sent to different areas and is referred to subordinate document.

Now, going beyond, I would like to go back to the document that was produced as a sort of [road map] or path forward for the RALOs and the mediation meetings that we had a year ago.

The main issue agreed there is the orientation to policy, the orientation to produce an [inaudible] on behalf of the end users of Latin America and the Caribbean and ICANN policy.

I don't see how any of these documents in the past year that we've been working can have a contribution. It has been a very minimal contribution and we have not seen the participation of important groups. The subregion as a whole has had interventions only in one or two discussions and we're not only going back to my initial point, but actually we have gone back because there has been some kind of agreement, at least a year ago, and we are now very far away from reaching that agreement.

---

SERGIO SALINAS PORTO: Thank you very much, Alejandro, for your input, for your way of seeing things. It's [inaudible] better. We only have three minutes in this meeting, so I'm now going to ...

ALEJANDRO PISANTY: The problem – I mean, what I have stated is not a difference between the metrics and the operating principles, but actually—

INTERPRETER: We can no longer hear Alejandro. We apologize.

ALEJANDRO PISANTY: We [meet] the requirement of getting involved more adequately and more substantive issues going to the organizations and contributing to ICANN policy. Thank you.

SERGIO SALINAS PORTO: I agree with you. I am in full agreement, actually. As far as we continue in this line, it would be hard to solve our problems. We should not focus here because this group is just a group of four or five people. So, as long as it's a small group of four or five people, the rest – we will need to find a solution somewhere else. We have one more Minute.

ALEJANDRO PISANTY: There are not 54. There are 20. And I think we could get to 40.

---

INTERPRETER: We are not hearing Alejandro anymore.

SERGIO SALINAS PORTO: Aida, if your contribution is not [inaudible].

AIDA NOBLIA: I agree with Alejandro, but I think that what we did is one small step forward in relation to policies, but it's a small step forward. And I think the experience tends to favor the development of policies. I know we still have a long way to go. Thank you.

DAVID PLUMB: I see Fatima has raised her hand, but Fatima—

FATIMA CAMBRONERO: I just want to say that – I mean, I agree, Sergio, with how you're handling the meeting. I even think there is a lot of sensitivity. That's very significant. These are not personal attacks for you who work in this group. That's not the issue. What we did [inaudible] was working in [inaudible] policies and this has nothing to do with the governance group that produced these. As a region, we did not comply with that commitment we have made. This is I think what Alejandro was saying, and if we want to discuss policy, then LACRALO leadership says, well, we are not really leading in potential policy issues. I think that actually is [inaudible]. Thank you.



---

DAVID PLUMB:

Thank you, Fatima. Thank you very much for the call. As we ended up speaking more broadly on the commitment and the idea that we expressed that we expressed last year in Los Angeles, this is actually the starting point for the meeting in Puerto Rico, where before getting in this issue specifically of government, we need to take the temperature of what has happened with respect to what we discussed last year. This required a broader view where comments such as Alejandro and Fatima's are important for us to see what were the positive and negative points in the past time.

I am going to wrap up here, Sergio, if you allow me. I would like to thank you all for having participated on this Friday evening, especially those who have to work on the language issue.

As the facilitator of the meeting in Puerto Rico, I am open to discussing with all of you next week in particular. If you'd like to have a conversation with me, those who are traveling, those who are not traveling, so that we can ensure that it is an enriching and productive conversation in Puerto Rico.

The next steps will be, after the meeting, you as a group of people who are face-to-face there, it will propose ideas for the region as a whole to approve this with some kind of mechanism and schedule. This is not a meeting to make decisions for the meeting. It's a meeting to reach some consensus.

That's all. With this, I would like to wrap up. Thank you very much. Good evening and have a very nice weekend.

---

SERGIO SALINAS PORTO: Goodbye to you all.

UNIDENTIFIED MALE: Thank you, all. This meeting is now adjourned. Please remember to disconnect the line.

[END OF TRANSCRIPTION]