
BRENDA BREWER: I welcome you all to the RDS WHOIS2 Leadership Coordination call number 21 on the 21st of March, 2018, starting at 19:00 UTC. In attendance today is Alan, Cathrin, and Susan. From ICANN Org, we have Alice, Jean-Baptiste, Lisa, and Brenda. The call is being recorded, so state your name for the transcript. Thank you.

JEAN-BAPTISTE DEROULEZ: Thank you, Brenda. So, onto this agenda. In the e-mail I sent yesterday [inaudible] for everyone's attention. On today's agenda I had listed preparing the face-to-face meeting that is in four weeks, an update on the subgroup's progress and plans, the plenary call schedule, and the agenda for the plenary call 23 which is this Friday. The last item is any other business including a discussion on latest updates on the fact sheets [inaudible] January 31st. Is there anything else that you would like to discuss on today's agenda?

ALAN GREENBERG: No, that sounds like it's going to fill our time up.

JEAN-BAPTISTE DEROULEZ: Perfect. So, moving on to slide number three, preparing for the face-to-face meeting number two. We have listed on this slide several questions asking for your guidance on several items, starting with specific goals you want to achieve at the meeting. We have listed several questions, including whether you wish to review all the subgroup findings and recommendations, identify the next steps, to fill gaps in different

Note: The following is the output resulting from transcribing an audio file into a word/text document. Although the transcription is largely accurate, in some cases may be incomplete or inaccurate due to inaudible passages and grammatical corrections. It is posted as an aid to the original audio file, but should not be treated as an authoritative record.

[inaudible] report, finalize the process for the [inaudible] finalize the recommendations and finalize the plans for community outreach at ICANN 62.

Maybe we can start with that and hear what you find are the [inaudible] based on these several questions.

ALAN GREENBERG:

Okay. Thank you very much. If anyone wants to speak, just call out please or just start speaking. My question to both staff and Susan and Cathrin is do we believe for any of these we're likely to have draft recommendations by the time we get to Brussels?

UNIDENTIFIED FEMALE:

I have a few recommendations.

ALAN GREENBERG:

Recommendations implies outcomes, and for most of these, I don't think we're at that stage yet. Moreover, perhaps some or most of the last review ones, there may not be recommendations. I don't think we want to focus on recommendations coming out of it as if there is an obligation that for everything we look at we have to make a recommendation. I would prefer to focus on findings, and yes, are there any recommendations at this point? If so, what are they? But, I would like the tone to be not presuming recommendations. I don't think we need gratuitous ones just because there's an obligation.

I guess that also means I would reorder the bullets somewhat, but I think all of the questions there that are asked under number one are quite reasonable. Susan, please go ahead, or Cathrin.

Think back to the times when we didn't have Adobe Connect and we made conference calls work anyway.

CATHRIN BAUER-BULST: I think Alice wanted to say something. I think that was Alice.

ALAN GREENBERG: Let's go in alphabetic order. Cathrin?

CATHRIN BAUER-BULST: I just spoke up to say that I think Alice wanted to say something.

ALAN GREENBERG: Oh, Alice wanted to say something. Sorry. I didn't catch the Alice. Alice, go ahead if you have something.

ALICE JANSEN: Thank you, Alan. That's a very good point. What I think we'll do is we'll add an "if any" in brackets, so I think that solves the issue of there's no requirement for you to have some recommendations. If you feel like the implementation or the topics are spot-on and there's no recommendation, that's fine. We'll add [inaudible] in the agenda description.

ALAN GREENBERG: Alright. Cathrin or Susan?

CATHRIN BAUER-BULST: What I was trying to suggest is that if we have three days – and I think you’re right that in order to [inaudible] be in a position to really be done [inaudible] their work, maybe we could use [inaudible] to do small group workshops, have the subgroups meet and finalize their joint analysis for those who want to do that together, and maybe also do some [inaudible] or whatever is helpful for the specific phase of the [inaudible]. Then, we take it to plenary. That might be a good way to use the panel of people who are [inaudible]. If we have that full day or full day and a half, it might help subgroups to advance further. It may be a better use of our time than to spend all of it in a plenary. That’s just my suggestion.

ALAN GREENBERG: Yeah. My only concern is how do we divide up? There’s so much overlap in the subgroups, I’m not quite sure how we do it. I would tend to think ... We’ve got three more meetings. This one I don’t think is ... Well, I don’t know how productive this is going to be, but I think we want to try to make sure that by the time we finish the last of the three meetings before the plenary we get people, each subgroup leader, to tell us what stage they’re going to be at and do they need a subgroup meeting before they present to the plenary? If we have that going into Brussels, then I think we have a chance of trying to figure out how we could

group into small groups and go forward. I'm hoping not all of them will need that time.

ALICE JANSEN: Alan, if I may make a comment here.

ALAN GREENBERG: Please, go ahead.

ALICE JANSEN: Thank you. I agree 100% that it would make sense for subgroups to get together [inaudible] the substance of the work, but you may not want to announce that option now, otherwise you may [inaudible] may think, "Okay, fine, we'll just do it in Brussels then," whereas right now they're working towards their April 5th deadline. I think you want to keep that momentum, if that makes sense. I don't know what others think, but I think we should try and keep that strategy going.

ALAN GREENBERG: I think you're our psychologist in residence and I agree.

LISA PHIFER: If I could add to what Alice said, I too am concerned that if we take the pressure off of the group to at least produce their findings by the due date to allow the rest of the team to have read the findings and come together in a plenary we'll really not have a very effective plenary.

I also do have some concern that because of the overlap in subgroups, it would be very hard to structure a single day where the subgroups could meet with any duration. At best, it would be a touch base for subgroups, not a real working day.

ALAN GREENBERG: Yeah. If only three or four of the groups have to meet, we might be able to do it. If all of them have to meet, I think we're lost. Susan, were you trying to weigh in?

SUSAN KAWAGUCHI: I was just agreeing is all.

ALAN GREENBERG: Okay. So, we certainly don't mention at this point what we will have subgroups meeting. I would like, however, that everyone prior to getting on a plane, each of the subgroup leaders do send out a note saying exactly where they are. Not do you have your findings ready. Confirm that your findings are ready to present to the plenary and ask them, "Do you need any slides?" or something like that. Then, say, "At this point, do you believe there are any recommendations you'll be making?" We've got two weeks to come up with exactly what we say, but I think we want to do something like that.

What I don't want, certainly, is people coming up and not having a lot to present. Or even if they have something to present, not even having any slides or anything like that. It's going to make it really hard to have any substantive discussion if we're doing that.

Since we've divided the responsibility for these subgroups over the whole team, I think each of them are going to have to contribute something to the content that we're presenting. I'm not quite sure how to word that or orchestrate it, but I think it's really necessary.

LISA PHIFER:

Just to remind us, we actually are expecting written subgroup reports that are due on April 5th and that's in advance of our meeting, so we should have some sense of whether subgroups are producing something in writing well in advance of the meeting.

ALAN GREENBERG:

My only comment I guess is historically these deadlines have come and passed and we typically have very few documents at that deadline. Now, that is a week and a half before the meeting, admittedly, so we have a bit of slack time. But, you're right. They should have done something.

Lisa, do you feel comfortable ... Assuming someone does provide a written report, do you feel comfortable summarizing that in slides or do you want them to give you some terse points to present?

LISA PHIFER:

I certainly think we can turn written output into slides to have something in the front of the room to serve as the anchor for discussion. But, of course the key would be to have that written output. If what we have is fairly empty framework, then we won't [inaudible].

ALAN GREENBERG: As I said before, there's lots of good [inaudible] in Brussels.

LISA PHIFER: Just in general, I think this leadership team can really set the expectation of providing that output, even knowing [inaudible].

ALAN GREENBERG: No pressure here.

LISA PHIFER: Yeah. But, even recognizing that's a big ask. If there's no expectation set and no pushing towards that, it just won't happen at all.

ALAN GREENBERG: I agree and I think each of us have to have certainly at least one if not all of our ... I don't know how many ... I know I have two. I'm not sure if everyone else does. I have to have something ready for the formal deadline.

ALICE JANSEN: Here's a game plan I'd like to suggest. Let's keep April 5th as the deadline for the subgroup reports. We've got a call on April 6th, so we'll touch base with the whole review team and give them an extension to April 10th. By April 10th, we have our call the next day – the leadership call on April 11th. By then, we'll be able to establish which subgroups

have not provided any substance and we'll reach out to them and see if we can help them by Brussels, but at least we'll have a good sense on April 11th when we meet together as a leadership [inaudible] to determine what the agenda is going to be. If we need to reshuffle things and have subgroup meetings instead, then we'll rework the agenda and fill it out prior to everyone jumping on the plane. Does that sound like a reasonable idea?

ALAN GREENBERG: Sounds good.

ALICE JANSEN: Okay, good. So, we'll use that roadmap to Brussels.

ALAN GREENBERG: Yeah. Okay. Now, under item number one on the slide, is that order right? As Jean-Baptiste was reading them out, I just got the feeling that we're sort of going ... I guess I would've thought of draft recommendations coming out of next steps, but I guess if they're written already, if indeed there are any, then that order is probably correct.

CATHRIN BAUER-BULST: We can also include and [inaudible] perhaps in any [inaudible] report [inaudible] possible additional recommendations or other measures.

ALAN GREENBERG: I guess the order doesn't really matter, and to be honest, we can juggle that at the last moment if necessary. Let's not agonize over that part right now.

What was number two?

JEAN-BAPTISTE DEROULEZ: Okay. Number two was what are the [inaudible] objectives for this meeting including what could be the due date for final subgroup reports, questions and action items for subgroups to address in final reports, a draft agenda for ICANN 62 community session.

ALAN GREENBERG: I guess the outcome ... The overall outcome I have for this meeting is leaving that meeting with a level of comfort that we're going to be able to meet our schedule and have something substantive to present at ICANN 62.

I'm a little worried that, for the reasons that Chris has mentioned, of parts of what we're doing are dependent on GDPR and that's still going to stay fuzzy for a long time. That's one of the reasons that I'm not fully agreeing with Chris that we just delay things. I think we have to, for each of those subjects, do as much as we can without doing something we know we're going to have to replicate three weeks later to try to get a fair amount of substance done beforehand. Otherwise, I think we're going to be lost, to be honest.

My overall objective coming out of the Brussels meeting is a level of comfort on all of our different subgroups, that we know where we're

heading and how we're going to get there. That may be we're at a different stage on some of them than the others, but at least we see a plan going forward.

That essentially addresses the due dates. Questions and action items for each subgroup, I guess that again is reasonable.

Draft agenda for the ICANN 62 meeting, I think we may be jumping the gun on expecting that to come out of this meeting. Susan, Cathrin?

CATHRIN BAUER-BULST:

I'm just wondering for the output objectives whether we also want to consider coming up with sort of a structure for each of the subgroup reports. Assuming that we sort of put these together consecutively, one after the other, rather than then rewriting a whole big report. Here I don't know how it will work. But, if we were to just sort of put one after the other into a big report that just has a little chapter for each of the subgroup reports, then it might make sense to have one structure agreed upon.

ALAN GREENBERG:

I thought we already had that, an agreed-upon framework of what the outcome is going to look like. Or am I imagining that because we have several intermediate ones?

LISA PHIFER: We do actually have a template for the subgroup outputs, the subgroup reports. I believe that was covered on our last plenary call, but it was actually first written a while ago.

CATHRIN BAUER-BULST: Okay, sorry.

LISA PHIFER: Cathrin, I think you raise a good point, though. We also probably need a vision for how those subgroup reports come together in a final report.

CATHRIN BAUER-BULST: I was not aware of that template.

ALAN GREENBERG: Sorry, Susan, are you trying to speak or Alice?

ALICE JANSEN: Yes, that's correct. The subgroup report template was circulated a while ago. We'll make sure they're recirculated to all the subgroups, so they know it exists. Jean-Baptiste is also working on the structure for the draft report that we hopefully present at the Brussels meeting, so it will be easier for you to envision how the draft report to be structured. Jean-Baptiste, do you want to say a few words about that?

JEAN-BAPTISTE DEROULEZ: Yeah. Thank you, Alice. Very quickly. So, yes indeed, I'm working on that and it's just preparing the structure for the draft report also based on lessons learned from the reviews, so making sure that [inaudible] can already [inaudible] and just make sure that everything is included in the draft report at the time we start populating it with input from the review team as well as the subgroups.

ALAN GREENBERG: That sounds fine. I think your section number two of what are the objectives, I think we need an overall one saying ... We need a pretty detailed plan going forward. The period of time from a draft report to the final report has an awful lot of dead time in it for public comments and publication deadlines and things like that. So, the bulk of the work certainly has to be done prior to the draft report.

Now, due to GDPR, we may end up slipping the whole thing. We were originally talking that this review would be done well ... Well, if we believe the one-year limit that was our target, it would've been done in two months, but that's clearly not going to happen. We have been talking as if it will be done by the end of this calendar year, and perhaps GDPR puts that into jeopardy. I certainly wouldn't want it to go much farther than next March or something like that, a year from now.

That might mean we slip the draft report and the draft report is out closer to the AGM meeting rather than the June meeting. I think we're going to have to make that decision just by seeing out of the Brussels meeting how much really is dependent on GDPR and how much we can complete without knowing the full plan going forward.

Does that sound reasonable to everyone?

ALICE JANSEN: I actually have the workplan elements embedded into the day one morning session, so I think we might want to move that to day three then, so we can reassess. Or do you want to keep it at this part of the meeting?

ALAN GREENBERG: I would suggest actually that we review it very quickly at the beginning to give people an idea of what our targets are. Then, after we've done two-and-a-half days of work, go back and see how realistic that is. Does that sound reasonable?

ALICE JANSEN: Yes, thank you. That makes sense.

LISA PHIFER: I just wanted to indicate before I do so, I need to drop off and I'll catch up on the recording later. Apologies.

ALAN GREENBERG: Okay. Thank you, Lisa.

JEAN-BAPTISTE DEROULEZ: Moving on to [inaudible] questions or comments, [inaudible] the review objectives in this meeting. Which ones should be covered? Objectives

one and two only and/or objectives three to five during the [inaudible] face-to-face meeting or [inaudible]?

ALAN GREENBERG: Sorry, objectives one ...

JEAN-BAPTISTE DEROULEZ: It's including the recommendations from the first review team, plus anything new.

ALAN GREENBERG: Oh, I think we have to do everything.

JEAN-BAPTISTE DEROULEZ: Everything, okay.

ALAN GREENBERG: I think so. Otherwise ... If we're not going to cover it in this meeting with the deadline and threat that implies, you've almost got to presume nothing is going to be done on it. I think we have to attempt to cover all of the review team one recommendations and all of the new ones we looked at.

Now, anything new is a challenge because that alone is five different items. It's conceivable we will not be as advanced on those because we're really just putting those five ones into the pipeline right now without having the last few months' worth of work done on them. So,

those we may delay on, and indeed some of those may end up being relatively simple ones that don't require a lot of work. I'm hoping at least some of them are.

I think we have to go through the motions, and certainly for anything other than the [inaudible] ones, we have to cover them all and we should at least try to cover those as well. I mean, we haven't even assigned the [inaudible] new ones at this point to people. That probably is something we need to do this coming meeting on Friday.

JEAN-BAPTISTE DEROULEZ: Thank you, Alan. Any comments on that from Cathrin or Susan?

SUSAN KAWAGUCHI: Do we know [inaudible] be on the meeting, in the next meeting?

ALAN GREENBERG: We can predict a fair number of people won't be.

SUSAN KAWAGUCHI: Because she is heading up anything new, so if we could get her to ... Maybe I'll reach out to her and say, "Okay, we need [inaudible]."

ALAN GREENBERG: Stephanie has resigned from the RDS. I'm hoping that's going to free up some of her time.

SUSAN KAWAGUCHI: Yeah, me too.

ALAN GREENBERG: Without commenting on the resignation. I hope it'll free up her time.

SUSAN KAWAGUCHI: She might be busy being a journalist, a blogger.

ALAN GREENBERG: I did ask her if she's resigning from the RDS team [inaudible] and she said no. She intends to be here and be a real pain in my something. I'm quoting pretty close to verbatim. I hope she'll be here.

CATHRIN BAUER-BULST: Just in terms of the anything new, if we really want to take new developments into account to any extent, and I guess that will be sort of a conversation to have on the anything new, then we might not be able to [inaudible] in the next plenary because it's still happening. Unless we say we have a couple of [inaudible] and this is it.

ALAN GREENBERG: I think we should at least list the subjects on this meeting on Friday and try to get people who are interested in them. We may not fully flesh out the teams, but I think we need to at least start to do that.

CATHRIN BAUER-BULST: Yes. And I didn't mean to suggest we shouldn't. It's just that we would then need to just bear in mind that there might be new things coming along that we still would need to assign.

ALAN GREENBERG: Do you mean over and above the five that we've already identified now?

CATHRIN BAUER-BULST: Well, I just heard you saying that with GDPR and everything [inaudible] other new things and I thought you were referring to what's now happening with the interim model, but maybe I'm misinterpreting.

ALAN GREENBERG: Oh, no, no. I'm just saying that on some of the subgroups, some of the items we may feel that we really cannot get to the point of finalizing the findings or the recommendations until we know more about the interim model, at least the model selected. That work may get delayed somewhat. I'm not imagining adding something brand new to this that we haven't even envisioned now. If we keep on doing that until the end, we'll never finish. Or maybe we finish when the budget runs out. That was a joke.

CATHRIN BAUER-BULST: I'm laughing on mute. Sorry.

ALAN GREENBERG: Alright, number four. Who will substitute for the rapporteurs who cannot attend? Carlton is not going to be there for day three? I hadn't heard that. Oh, dear.

JEAN-BAPTISTE DEROULEZ: And Volker will not be at the face-to-face meeting and he doesn't intend to attend remotely.

ALAN GREENBERG: He does not plan to attend?

JEAN-BAPTISTE DEROULEZ: [inaudible].

ALAN GREENBERG: Oh, I thought last time I heard he would try to attend.

JEAN-BAPTISTE DEROULEZ: You had asked us to liaise with him and any concerns you will have.

ALAN GREENBERG: Alright. Let me pull up the matrix and see.

SUSAN KAWAGUCHI: I can fill in on the privacy-proxy as the rapporteur. What other [inaudible] subgroup?

ALAN GREENBERG: Volker is privacy-proxy and common interface. You are also on that, as am I.

SUSAN KAWAGUCHI: I'm willing to lead both of those if that's necessary.

ALAN GREENBERG: Okay. Yeah, that's fine. The common interface one, I have less worry about that. It's a relatively self-contained project and if it doesn't get done this month, it'll get done the next month. The privacy-proxy is a far more convoluted one than common interface.

SUSAN KAWAGUCHI: Yeah, I agree.

ALAN GREENBERG: If common interface drops off, so be it. I'm not going to worry about it. Then, Susan, you're volunteering to take that and you're doing your compliance one, so you've got two big ones.

SUSAN KAWAGUCHI: That's fine.

ALAN GREENBERG: I think we should double your pay.

SUSAN KAWAGUCHI: Okay, good.

ALAN GREENBERG: No two ways about it.

SUSAN KAWAGUCHI: May have to buy me a glass of wine.

ALAN GREENBERG: That can be arranged easily. I hope in Brussels that will even be possible. Alright, what do we have next? Let's keep going. We're already well over a half hour into this call.

JEAN-BAPTISTE DEROULEZ: Okay. Thank you, Alan. So, moving onto slide number four, we reported ... So the [inaudible] face-to-face meeting [inaudible] starting at 9:00 and ending at 5:30 Central Time with 15-minute breaks at 10:15 and 3:30 PM and one-hour lunch breaks at 12:30.

You may have seen that we had included in the e-mail yesterday a draft agenda for the face-to-face meeting, and based on the discussion that we just had, we will refine that agenda with [inaudible] actions that you have identified. We will share that as soon as possible with you so that you can [inaudible] prior to the meeting on Friday as you wish to [inaudible] that.

Moving on to slide number five, this is regarding the face-to-face meeting before ICANN 62. Just to remind you briefly, [inaudible] session, the request for the [inaudible] and review team. So, on the [inaudible] there was [inaudible] and the deadline to submit a request is March 27th, which means that a final decision is needed in order to [inaudible] for this plenary call.

ALAN GREENBERG:

Okay. Can you reach out to Chris and find out whether he'll be on the call? He's critical to making that decision. Normally, the board meets several days before an ICANN meeting. It's going to be really difficult, but let's see what he says and if he has any suggestions.

CATHRIN BAUER-BULST:

Jean-Baptiste, if I may, can I just ask how you handled this on the CCT Review Team? Because you must have also had a board member, no? Do you always have the face-to-face outside of ICANN meetings?

JEAN-BAPTISTE DEROULEZ:

For CCT, if I take [inaudible] just before each ICANN meeting. In fact, it was working under the affirmation of commitment and so there was no representatives of the board on CCTs. It was a different structure. Alan is right. We might have an issue with Chris with his meetings with the board, so we will reach out to him.

CATHRIN BAUER-BULST:

Okay, thank you.

ALAN GREENBERG: I think at least one of their meetings, and maybe multiple ones, met for two days one day before and one day after I think. Some review teams did that. I think it was CCT.

JEAN-BAPTISTE DEROULEZ: I will have to talk to [inaudible].

ALAN GREENBERG: Okay. These things really depend on the composition. If there's virtually no one who's actively involved in an AC or SO on a group, you can even meet during the ICANN meeting, but that's really problematic if you have people who are very active in other groups. Certainly, that's the case for us.

JEAN-BAPTISTE DEROULEZ: So, what I'll do is mark down as an action item that we reach out to see whether he has anything [inaudible] and write that we would like to have him on this discussion about the face-to-face meeting.

ALAN GREENBERG: The other problem is, in my case, I'll still be chair of ALAC at that point. These days, Göran has been scheduling chair meetings for a good part of the Friday or whatever the day is before the first day of meetings. That makes it rather awkward for me. Let's have the talk and we'll see where we go on it.

JEAN-BAPTISTE DEROULEZ: Okay. Moving on to slide number six, which is the update on subgroup progress and plans. There, we have summarized whether they have provided an update on the [inaudible] subgroups who have not provided any update.

In terms of subgroup calls, there are three subgroups which do not have any calls. Those are outreach, internationalized domain names, and [inaudible] annual reports, and also – sorry, there are four. Also, [inaudible] and data.

What we have on slides seven, eight, and nine is an update of the status of each subgroup? Would you like me to go through each of these or you have reviewed them already?

ALAN GREENBERG: No, let's do that. I'll give updates on mine as we go along.

JEAN-BAPTISTE DEROULEZ: Okay. So, for strategy priority, the planning questions were the latest version as provided on the 12th of March. There was one request for a written briefing that was submitted and the subgroup will be requesting an interview with [Stephanie] [inaudible] currently working on finalizing the questions.

For the single WHOIS policy, there was an action from the last call on the 6th of March for Carlton's [inaudible] review and there is a planning to interview [inaudible] members [inaudible] benefits of

recommendation two and consider providing [inaudible] input to the RDS PDP.

For the recommendation three outreach, there were planning questions provided on February the 9th and a subgroup call was scheduled, as I mentioned.

On recommendation four, compliance—

ALAN GREENBERG:

Let's stop on mine for a moment, so I can give an update and the same for Cathrin or Susan when we get to theirs, if necessary. I'm going to be asking for a call to be scheduled next week on the outreach and I also posed a question that I would like to be passed on to the subject matter experts of to what extent and exactly what has ICANN done on outreach to non-ICANN communities. That was in an e-mail I sent last night.

UNIDENTIFIED FEMALE:

I wasn't sure if it was [Stephanie]. Thanks for clarifying.

ALAN GREENBERG:

I don't know who it should go to, but it's got to go to somebody. I suspect the answer is that part has not been particularly done, but maybe they have some outreach at some meeting [inaudible] presented at. It's one of those things that it's an easy recommendation to make. It's a lot harder to implement. It will be interesting to see what that answer is. But, I will be scheduling – asking that call to be scheduled

next week with some homework from the team members. Let's go on to four.

JEAN-BAPTISTE DEROULEZ: On recommendation four, [inaudible] compliance on [inaudible] February, [inaudible] call on 5th of March and subgroup is planning additional interview and the first set of questions was submitted. Susan, is there any update you would like to provide?

SUSAN KAWAGUCHI: Yes. I provided that set of questions, but I'm waiting for members of the subgroup who agreed to review documents to tell me if there's any question [inaudible] reviews, and then I'm also going through a couple more ... I think it was the registrar audit document to see if there's something there that we should be asking about. But, if we can schedule the interviews ... And I know it's after the fact. I think, Alice, you asked me this in an e-mail and I didn't get back to you. I wanted to interview two of the compliance team members that didn't provide actual questions for them. So, I will respond to the e-mail and provide more detail on what we would be asking those two individuals.

JEAN-BAPTISTE DEROULEZ: Thank you, Susan. [inaudible]?

SUSAN KAWAGUCHI: No, I was going to say that that's great. If you have time to send these questions out by the end of this week, that would be great, so the SMEs have time to prepare as well [inaudible] discussion for all of you.

UNIDENTIFIED FEMALE: Yeah, I will be able to do that.

SUSAN KAWAGUCHI: Thank you so much. That's great.

UNIDENTIFIED FEMALE: No problem.

JEAN-BAPTISTE DEROULEZ: Thank you, both. [inaudible] on the right with recommendation [inaudible] for data accuracy. The planning questions were provided on the 9th of February. Ten questions are being [inaudible] to ICANN Org to address in writing. The subgroup call was scheduled at this stage.

On recommendation ten, privacy-proxy services, planning questions were provided on the 1st of March. Briefing with IRT staff support [inaudible] policy compliance. So, this was yesterday. Written responses were also requested. Written briefing received from ICANN Org on whether [inaudible] RAA steps, and if so, what was the nature of this [inaudible] taken? [inaudible] were on the call [inaudible].

If not, recommendation 11, common interface. Planning questions were provided on the 1st of March. The written briefing received from ICANN

Org regarding query failures on WHOIS [inaudible]. There is an action from the last call on the 20th of February to Volker to write findings for subgroup review.

Any questions at this stage or can we move on to the next slide? If none, we are now on slide number nine, [inaudible] recommendation 12-14, internationalized domain names. Planning questions were provided on the 9th of February and the subgroup call was scheduled and subgroup to review information provided on the [inaudible] pages of translation and transliteration.

On recommendation 15-16, planning annual report, planning questions were provided on the 9th of February. As previously mentioned, that's a [inaudible]. The written [inaudible] recommendation 15 and 16 were shared with the review team.

On anything new, the [inaudible] group call was on the 23rd of February. There were [inaudible] questions and we are waiting for guidance from Stephanie for next steps. The subgroup members will review the [inaudible] their own [inaudible] formally review that policy and I think [inaudible].

ALAN GREENBERG:

On that one, we do have the ones that were the common top five, so to speak. Have we decided at this point that those are the areas that we will do further work on and not the others, or is there still some level of discomfort? I guess I'm [inaudible] Susan who was the one who expressed most interest in going into all of them in some level of depth.

SUSAN KAWAGUCHI: We really haven't had a discussion because Stephanie hasn't called the meeting, but to me, we could easily ... So, we did the poll to rank them of importance from each of us. But, [inaudible] new policies since the last report that we shouldn't touch, like the URS and [probably] new gTLDs. So, I would recommend that we [inaudible] the ones that are important to us and come together in a meeting to discuss that and provide another recommendation on whether [inaudible] like expired name policy, for example, or this is a problem and we should address this.

ALAN GREENBERG: Okay. Can we take the bull by the horn, so to speak, and set out a Doodle for the three of us? Stephanie hasn't called it, so let's simply schedule a meeting for the three of us. We can go through all of them focusing perhaps on the top five, but look at all of them and come to a conclusion on whether we do it or not and then we can expand bullet number whatever it is, like we did for the first one, to have subgroups and start putting together the templates or at least some process to review them and decide what we have to go forward on.

SUSAN KAWAGUCHI: Sounds like a good action plan.

ALAN GREENBERG: So, if we can have staff as an action item to send out a Doodle to have that discussion. I would allocate a good 90 minutes for it. It might not

take that long and we free up the time, but I don't want to have gone through the call without it.

JEAN-BAPTISTE DEROULEZ: Okay. Can I move on to the next one?

ALAN GREENBERG: Yes, please.

JEAN-BAPTISTE DEROULEZ: Thank you. On [inaudible], ten questions were provided on the 26th of February and a subgroup call was scheduled. The [October] [inaudible] was deferred and the subgroup will [inaudible] 61 GAC presentation. Cathrin requested subgroup call to discuss approach and [inaudible] outreach to law enforcement and an invitation was sent over to [inaudible] for that.

On consumer trust, this is next slide number ten on consumer trust. Questions were provided on the 20th of March [inaudible]. Erica is working on written questions and will provide [inaudible] to subgroup members.

And on [inaudible] registrant data, planning questions were provided on the 4th of March. A subgroup call was scheduled and the next steps were [inaudible] e-mail, including [inaudible] of registry, registrar, and proxy provider escrow.

ALAN GREENBERG: Yeah. I saw the links to the documents. I haven't had a chance to look at them. I will try to before the meeting and probably at the meeting decide how we're going to go forward on that.

JEAN-BAPTISTE DEROULEZ: Okay. We just wanted to remind you and [inaudible] action items [inaudible] are listed on the subgroup pages on the Wiki. Unless there are any other questions on this, we will move to the next slide. We're running out of time.

ALAN GREENBERG: Yes, please go ahead.

JEAN-BAPTISTE DEROULEZ: Really quickly, here you have on slide number 11 a recap of the request for written briefings on WHOIS and implementation. You will see that [inaudible] WHOIS policy [inaudible] on the 20th of March. Compliance was sent on the 12th of March. For IDNs, it was sent to review team on 7th of March. For planning annual reports, it was sent [inaudible] March and all the others are [inaudible] this stage.

ALAN GREENBERG: The question I asked yesterday on outreach may impact the answer by the document when it shows up.

JEAN-BAPTISTE DEROULEZ: The next slide, number 12, is the plenary call schedule. So, based on the different [inaudible] receipts, what you will see in red means that out of the [inaudible] comments, [inaudible] UTC. And [inaudible] options also include [inaudible] but include attendance if need be. So, that leaves options for Monday, Tuesday, and Wednesday. But, just one point I wanted to raise, that we did not hear from you, Alan; from Carlton and from Stephanie.

ALAN GREENBERG: You didn't hear from me?

JEAN-BAPTISTE DEROULEZ: No, not from Gisella.

ALAN GREENBERG: I filled in the chart.

JEAN-BAPTISTE DEROULEZ: I never received it, Alan.

ALAN GREENBERG: I remember doing it. I'll check. Okay, who else have we not heard from?

JEAN-BAPTISTE DEROULEZ: Carlton and Stephanie.

ALAN GREENBERG: My only question of whether I can do Mondays at 2:00 and 3:00 is whether I have other things scheduled for them and I really don't have a clue but I'll double check. Then, please, you've already bugged me, so bug Carlton and Stephanie. If we can do Mondays, then we'll go back to a once a week meeting on Monday. If everyone can do it, that's perfect.

CATHRIN BAUER-BULST: That would be brilliant. I'm surprised that Volker [inaudible] because he was the one with the conflict on Mondays.

ALAN GREENBERG: Sorry, who had a conflict?

JEAN-BAPTISTE DEROULEZ: Volker.

ALAN GREENBERG: Oh, he had a conflict on what was my Monday morning. Maybe our meetings were earlier than that. I think his conflict was a staff meeting a little bit earlier in the day than that. I'm pretty sure. I may be wrong. In any case, if he signed up for it, let's get him.

JEAN-BAPTISTE DEROULEZ: I will remind Carlton or Stephanie.

ALAN GREENBERG: I'm pretty sure. What about the other days you've listed? Those are days that some people can make it, but not all?

JEAN-BAPTISTE DEROULEZ: From those who have replied, that includes also some of them who have said that they can attend if need be.

ALAN GREENBERG: Oh, okay. Alright.

JEAN-BAPTISTE DEROULEZ: Or, there is nobody that's in the [inaudible] members that have said that they were unavailable for [inaudible].

ALAN GREENBERG: When you say 14 and 15, is that a 90-minute starting at that time or is that just for that one hour?

JEAN-BAPTISTE DEROULEZ: That was for one hour.

ALAN GREENBERG: Okay. So, the real only time is 14:00 or 14:30.

JEAN-BAPTISTE DEROULEZ: Could you repeat that, Alan? I didn't hear you.

ALAN GREENBERG: Well, our meetings have been scheduled for 90 minutes. That means the only available times are either 14:00 or 14:30.

JEAN-BAPTISTE DEROULEZ: Correct.

ALAN GREENBERG: That's fine with me.

SUSAN KAWAGUCHI: I have to jump off for another call.

ALAN GREENBERG: Okay. Thank you, Susan.

JEAN-BAPTISTE DEROULEZ: So, moving on quickly to the next item, which is the plenary call agenda for this Friday. We have listed there subgroup [inaudible] update and we have listed there privacy-proxy services, [inaudible] subgroup, the law enforcement, and the consumer trust. Also, the plenary call schedule and Brussels face-to-face meeting and reaching a decision on the face-to-face meeting [inaudible] ICANN 62. Would you like us to update that?

ALAN GREENBERG: Just to add safeguarding registrant data to that if you could to the list under item two.

JEAN-BAPTISTE DEROULEZ: Okay.

ALAN GREENBERG: Okay. Updated fact sheets.

JEAN-BAPTISTE DEROULEZ: Yeah. So, on the fact sheets which were attached to my e-mail, the [inaudible] fact sheet has not changed, but the participation one, there were a few changes based on your comments.

First one is the [ccNSO lines] were removed from that sheet. The face-to-face meeting [inaudible] separately for each day of the face-to-face meeting. Now data indicates [inaudible] for two days. So, this is what was ... Oh, actually. Wait a second. Those are the changes that were added. Is it me who has the wrong version? [inaudible].

ALAN GREENBERG: I'm just trying to pull up the thing. Here we are.

JEAN-BAPTISTE DEROULEZ: Okay. I have confirmation that those would be removed, but I see that here they are still appearing.

ALAN GREENBERG: They are.

JEAN-BAPTISTE DEROULEZ: So, I think they might have shared the wrong slide. Okay, I will [inaudible]. So, I guess that's an issue with [inaudible].

ALAN GREENBERG: I still have a concern – maybe it's only me – that it would be really good if we can separate the face-to-face from the teleconference attendance because, yes, we do have some people who don't show up at the face-to-face, but we also have ... I assume by the way someone is participating remotely that we actually count them as participating. Is that correct? Assuming they're there for the bulk of the meeting. Okay, let's just leave it at that for right now. I think we still have to think about this and I know Larissa is looking at different ways of counting attendance. Let's just leave it be for the moment. Obviously, the ccNSO [inaudible].

JEAN-BAPTISTE DEROULEZ: Sorry about that.

ALAN GREENBERG: They have actually now formally passed a motion to say they will not participate. Up until now, it was informal, for whatever that's worth.

JEAN-BAPTISTE DEROULEZ: Any other business?

ALAN GREENBERG: I don't think so.

JEAN-BAPTISTE DEROULEZ: Okay. Would you like me to run through the decisions reached and action items?

ALAN GREENBERG: Sure.

JEAN-BAPTISTE DEROULEZ: Okay. I'll do my best to be as quick as possible. On decisions reached, I [inaudible] concerning the subgroup report deadline, we'll keep April 5th as [inaudible] deadline. On April 6th, the RDS call will discuss the report and give an extension to [inaudible] possible [inaudible] delivered, and [inaudible] the 11th, leadership and staff will have a call to reshuffle agenda accordingly.

We will enter the link to subgroups draft report on the [inaudible] plenary call this Friday. [inaudible] action items to review the work plan at the beginning and at the end of the face-to-face meeting.

We will include all objectives into the [inaudible] meeting agenda and Susan will reach out to Stephanie to see whether she will be attending, to have some update on anything new. [inaudible] decision to [inaudible] Susan will be the substitute rapporteur for privacy-proxy and for common interface.

Also, ICANN Org will be reaching out to Chris to see whether [inaudible] plenary on Friday so they can participate in the discussion for the face-to-face meeting in ICANN 62.

Then, the action items for the outreach subgroup is to schedule a call next week. An e-mail will be shared with [inaudible] be shared with subject matter experts.

Can I just ask you, Alan, really quickly how long should be this call? Should it be only one hour, 30 minutes?

ALAN GREENBERG: I'm sorry, which call is that?

JEAN-BAPTISTE DEROULEZ: For the outreach subgroup.

ALAN GREENBERG: Let me tell you when I actually send the e-mail on it. I have some homework I have to assign. I suspect an hour will be more than enough. I'll be sending that within the next 24 hours.

JEAN-BAPTISTE DEROULEZ: Okay. Then, for the anything new subgroup, we will set up a Doodle for you, Alan, Susan and Stephanie to focus no the top five that were identified and moving on this [inaudible].

ALAN GREENBERG: The call will be to focus on anything new. Don't specify the top five. Susan indicated she'd like to sort of go through them all at that point, but factoring in the [inaudible] which ones we prioritized already. That's fine.

JEAN-BAPTISTE DEROULEZ: Okay. We got in the plenary call schedule. We remind Carlton and Stephanie to provide their availability.

Finally, we will add [inaudible] registrant data under item number two of the plenary agenda. For the fact sheets, I will resend the right version of the fact sheets. Can I just ask whether they can [inaudible] approved as they are or would you like a bit more time to review those?

ALAN GREENBERG: Susan has been taking the lead on that, so why don't you check with her?

JEAN-BAPTISTE DEROULEZ: Okay, sounds good. I'll check with her.

ALAN GREENBERG: One more thing. On slide 12, you say you're talking about plenary schedule for post ICANN 61. I thought we had already locked in those meetings and this was post face-to-face. We can certainly verify ...

JEAN-BAPTISTE DEROULEZ: Face-to-face, correct.

ALAN GREENBERG: If everyone can make the Monday meeting, then we can hold two consecutive Mondays from now on. But, barring that, if we're not going to be sure of that, I assume that this is actually post face-to-face.

JEAN-BAPTISTE DEROULEZ: I'll change that.

ALAN GREENBERG: Okay. Thank you, all. Bye-bye.

[END OF TRANSCRIPTION]