

---

BRENDA BREWER: Good day, everyone. I'd like to welcome you to the RDS WHOIS2 Plenary Call #24 on 2 April 2018, at 13:30 UTC.

In attendance today, we have Alan, Erika, Dmitry, Lili, and Susan.

From ICANN org, we have Alice, Amy, Jean-Baptiste Deroulez, Brenda, and Lisa Phifer.

Apologies from Trang.

Today's call is being recorded. Please remember to state your name before speaking for the transcript. I'll turn the meeting over to you, Alan. Thank you.

ALAN GREENBERG: Thank you very much. You all should have received the packet for this meeting with the agenda and slide presentation. The agenda I'll read at this point is the welcome; subgroups status update; face-to-face meeting agenda; a presentation on some features of the wiki, which it turned out on the leadership meeting staff assumed everyone knew about but many of us, certainly several of us on that call, did not know about it, so we're going to make sure you're aware; any other business; and decisions reached and action items.

I'll ask, are there any other issues that we need to add, any other business? Not having Adobe Connect, if anyone has anything, just please call out. Not hearing anything, we'll accept the agenda. Are there any statement of interest updates? Again, not hearing anything.

---

*Note: The following is the output resulting from transcribing an audio file into a word/text document. Although the transcription is largely accurate, in some cases may be incomplete or inaccurate due to inaudible passages and grammatical corrections. It is posted as an aid to the original audio file, but should not be treated as an authoritative record.*

---

We'll go to the first item on the agenda, that is subgroups status update, and on to Slide 4 to those who have their slides ready. I'll turn it over to Jean-Baptiste or Lisa to do a quick summary of where we are on each of the projects, and then we'll go them one-by-one to see if we have any updates. Lisa or Jean-Baptiste? Slide 4.

JEAN-BAPTISTE DEROULEZ: Thanks, Alan. Can you hear me?

ALAN GREENBERG: We can.

JEAN-BAPTISTE DEROULEZ: Perfect. Just to produce a quick update on Slide 4, we have reported the most recent status for each subgroup, reporting there when the subgroups have their latest subgroup call and was there an update given on the review team call. Just to summarize at this stage, the only subgroup calls that did not happen yet were for Internationalized Domain Names and for Plan and Annual Reports. And there was no update given from Common Interface. And also I just [missed that] Safeguarding Registrant Data had no subgroup call yet. But if we discuss the next slides in the deck, there are a few more updates that can be provided for each subgroup. Is it okay to move to that, Alan?

ALAN GREENBERG: Yeah, just to be clear, on Outreach the call hasn't happened yet but will happen tomorrow.

---

JEAN-BAPTISTE DEROULEZ: That's correct.

ALAN GREENBERG: Yes, please go ahead.

JEAN-BAPTISTE DEROULEZ: Lisa, is there something you want to add at this stage?

LISA PHIFER: No, Jean-Baptiste. Going to the next slide sounds right.

JEAN-BAPTISTE DEROULEZ: Okay. So, everyone, we are now on Slide 5. On the WHOIS1 Implementation Assessment subgroups, for the first one, Strategic Priority led by Cathrin, the written materials and answers to set of questions to be incorporated into the written implementation briefings; a follow-up call is to be scheduled for any clarifying questions.

For the second one, the Single WHOIS Policy led by Carlton, there was an action from the last call on 6 March for Carlton to write up findings for subgroup review. We have not seen any updates following that. There is a plan to interview Review Team 1 members to understand intended benefits of Recommendation 2 and consider providing those as input to the RDS PDP.

---

On the third one, Outreach, as you had mentioned, Alan, there is a subgroup call scheduled for tomorrow.

ALAN GREENBERG:

And if I may, for that subgroup call, the presumption is everyone on the call will have done their homework. That is, read over all of the various documents on the web and make sure that they are prepared to present both a statement of what they believe, whether they believe they are complete, and whether there are any conflicts between them. Otherwise, it will not be a very productive call if we have to read the documents on the call. Thank you. Please, go ahead with number four.

JEAN-BAPTISTE DEROULEZ:

Thank you, Alan. So Recommendation 4, Compliance, led by Susan, input was received from ICANN Compliance team on 28 March. The subgroup is looking into the answers to the questions, and a draft of subgroup report was provided to Susan.

You will see on the different slides that we just wanted to remind you that your support team is available to help you complete your subgroup reports.

I'm going to pause here just to see whether there are any other updates from anyone.

LISA PHIFER:

If I might just add one thing on Recommendation 2, staff did some outreach to Carlton in the last couple of days to offer to provide him at

---

least a base document for the subgroup report to help advance that. And then Susan may want to say something on Compliance, but I believe we may need to reschedule the last call, [inaudible] call that was with Compliance after the group looks at the written briefing that was provided since [they were not attendees] on the call.

ALAN GREENBERG:

I have a question on IDN. It's a question on everything, actually, but because of the IDN draft report document that we got. That document goes into excruciating detail on what the actual implementation was. I question whether we need to do that unless we are critiquing it in such a way that we say we're going to have follow on recommendations. That is, we believe the recommendation was not complete. If we end up deciding that this was the recommendation, staff said they did it, we believe they did do it, and there's no follow on, I would not think that our report needs to go into great depth onto exactly how it was implemented. I guess I'd like input from other people on that.

LISA PHIFER:

Alan, if I might just say that the draft reports that we have given some of the subgroups did not take that approach. In the Section 2, we enumerated the reference documents that the subgroup examined as well as the written briefings that were received, but we did not actually copy those implementation reports into the draft document. The idea would be that the subgroup summarizes key findings rather than all of the information that you looked at.

---

ALAN GREENBERG: Yeah, and I support that. Now if indeed we end up saying for any given one, “We think they did a really rotten job, and this is what they did, and this is what we think they should have done,” then it’s fair game. So at this stage, it’s not unreasonable to put that in given that we haven’t actually decided whether there are new recommendations coming out of it or not.

But I would hope that we’re going to make our final report as concise as possible and not include a lot of verbiage which people can get somewhere else which effectively acts as a discouragement for them to actually read our report. So I’m just asking for confirmation that that’s the way we plan to go forward. I’m not particularly worried about what’s in these interim documents or not. So I’m hearing from Lisa that, Lisa, you’re supporting that as the general philosophy. And I don’t hear any other objections from anyone else, so that’s fine with me.

ERIKA MANN: Alan?

ALAN GREENBERG: Yeah, please go ahead.

ERIKA MANN: Alan, I can’t speak well, so I’m just told there’s no check functions, so apologies, but I’m supporting the point you make.

---

ALAN GREENBERG: Thank you. I hope you'll be able to speak better tomorrow on our meeting. Actually, you're not on Outreach, I don't think.

ERIKA MANN: I hope so too. I am on the call tomorrow. I will be there.

ALAN GREENBERG: Oh, you are. Yes, you are. I thought you were. Okay, good.

ERIKA MANN: Yes, I'll be there.

ALAN GREENBERG: Well, protect your voice.

ERIKA MANN: Thank you.

ALAN GREENBERG: Back to you, I'm not sure who now, Lisa or Jean-Baptiste. Next item if we're finished the review and no one has any other comments or questions. The next item on the agenda is written implementation briefings.

JEAN-BAPTISTE DEROULEZ: Alan?

---

ALAN GREENBERG: Yes, please go ahead.

JEAN-BAPTISTE DEROULEZ: There is still one slide because we paused after Compliance.

ALAN GREENBERG: Oh, I'm sorry. Then I jumped the gun. I'll raise my question again once you've actually talked about IDN. Please go ahead.

JEAN-BAPTISTE DEROULEZ: Thanks. So the next subgroups, Recommendation 5-9, Data Accuracy led by Lili, ten questions were forwarded to ICANN org to address in writing. [inaudible] was provided. And a draft of subgroup report was shared with the subgroup by Lili.

On Recommendation 10, Privacy/Proxy Services led by Volker, a briefing with IRT staff support was held on 20 March. Written input was also received. And metrics for Privacy/Proxy Services specification in the 2013 RAA were received. For this subgroup, a draft of subgroup report was provided to Volker and Susan.

On Recommendation 11, Common Interface led by Volker, the written briefing received from ICANN org regarding query failures on WHOIS microsite, how frequent, cause, any efforts to alleviate. And then there was an action from the last call on 26 February for Volker to write up



---

findings for subgroup review, and we have not seen an input at this stage.

On Recommendation 12-14, Internationalized Domain Names led by Dmitry, there was no subgroup [call] scheduled at this stage, as I previously mentioned, and a draft of subgroup report was shared with the subgroup.

On the last one, Recommendation 15-16, Plan and Annual Reports led by Lili, no subgroup was scheduled at this stage.

I'm going to pause here and ask whether those [inaudible] had any follow up questions.

ALAN GREENBERG:

I'm guessing not.

JEAN-BAPTISTE DEROULEZ:

Okay, so if we move to the next slide just with the written implementation briefings, that is Slide 7, you have the status of all briefing requests. The one that is still open is for Strategic Priority with an estimated delivery date of the week of 9 April. We wanted to inform you that we have created a dedicated wiki page where you can find all the briefing requests information for plenary and subgroups. The link is on that slide, and the page is called Briefing Materials.

Can we move on to the next slide for the update on new assessment subgroups?

---

ALAN GREENBERG: Yes, please.

JEAN-BAPTISTE DEROULEZ: Slide 8 starting with the Anything New subgroup led by Stephanie, there were no answers [here] to the planning questions. They reviewed policies and they are putting together findings. Subgroup planning make observations about dissatisfaction with procedure and likely GDPR impact, but will not make recommendation at this time. And the draft of subgroup report was provided to Stephanie.

On the Law Enforcement Needs led by Thomas, the subgroup plan is to discuss the approach and timing for informal outreach to law enforcement.

ALAN GREENBERG: Jean-Baptiste, can I interrupt? On the Anything New, the conclusion we came to doesn't jump out from the words that are on that slide. Susan and I are the other two members on it, and for the other people on the call I just want to quickly summarize that we went over all of the Anything New issues. A number of them clearly are going to be impacted by GDPR. And although it's conceivable that going forward we may want to go back and revisit it once we know what the interim GDPR solution is, at this point we see no work to be done.

There were two or possibly three of the items where they did trigger questions for Compliance, and we decided to essentially shove those ques over to the Compliance subgroup. So at this point, assuming the

---

plenary agrees with the analysis that we did, there is nothing that needs to be done on the Anything New subgroup at this point.

Back to you.

SUSAN KAWAGUCHI: Well, except the report.

ALAN GREENBERG: Well, yes. We actually have to write that up. There's some work. But there's no analysis at this point that we believe needs to be done if the plenary agrees with our analysis.

SUSAN KAWAGUCHI: Right.

ALAN GREENBERG: It leaves a big unknown that we may choose to go back to some of them, but at this point we have nothing planned.

And now really back to you, Jean-Baptiste.

JEAN-BAPTISTE DEROULEZ: Thank you. On the Consumer Trust led by Erika, Erika is working on briefing questions and will be providing a reading list to subgroup members. And a draft of subgroup report was provided to Erika.

---

The last one, the Safeguard Registrant Data led by you, Alan, the ICANN org provided links to materials, and you have to formulate specifics.

Just to let you know again, your support team is available if you need help to complete your subgroup reports. And we wanted also to add that the subgroups' action items, briefing requests, and decisions reached are posted on the dedicated subgroups' pages.

ALAN GREENBERG:

Thank you. I will be getting to that today. Just as a matter of explanation, the ALAC has been focusing on statements on GDPR, Fellowship, KSK rollover, and some internal procedures that ICANN has analyzed recently. And all of them had deadlines pretty much of today. So they are now effectively, most of it is now out of my hands, and I'll be able to get on to the RDS stuff. So my apologies for the delay, but hopefully you'll see some action soon now.

ALICE JANSEN:

May I jump back to Slide 7 and ask the review team a question on the written implementation briefings?

ALAN GREENBERG:

Sure.

ALICE JANSEN:

The only outstanding recommendation we have is the Strategic Party because that's being coupled with a number of requests [we've]

---

received from the subgroups. So that's why it's taking longer for that group. But all the other recommendations of 2 to 16, are there any follow up questions from the subgroups [or] rapporteurs that you would like us to relate to the SMEs? Or do you feel like you have all the information you need to get your subgroup reports drafted?

ALAN GREENBERG: That's probably a question you should ask the list given the attendance we have at this meeting.

ALICE JANSEN: Yes, okay. Okay, Alan, will do.

SUSAN KAWAGUCHI: Alice, I probably will have some questions for Compliance as I'm reviewing the latest document. But I don't right this second. So hopefully it's nothing in depth and that won't impact the report. So if we can't get the information while I'm finishing the report, then that might just be questions I put into the report to go back to Compliance on. I would think we'll have more questions after the face-to-face meeting too.

ALAN GREENBERG: On Outreach, there may well be one. I haven't had a chance to look at the document yet. It just came in. But I wouldn't be surprised if there was one specific targeted question on that one.

ALICE JANSEN: Noted. Thank you very much.

LILI SUN: Hello. For the subgroup on Data Accuracy, [we may] have some follow up questions if the subgroup or the plenary [disagrees] about the funding problems I [drafted] in the draft report. So [unless that] at the moment I don't have any further questions to [inaudible]. Thank you.

ALAN GREENBERG: Back to you I think, Jean-Baptiste. If you're speaking, you're on mute.

ALICE JANSEN: I think Jean-Baptiste is having trouble. I think Jean-Baptiste is having trouble unmuting. I'm happy to cover the agenda items if you'd like, Alan.

ALAN GREENBERG: Sure.

ALICE JANSEN: For the Brussels face-to-face meeting, it's only two weeks away.

ALAN GREENBERG: I think I heard him.

ALICE JANSEN: Oh, Jean-Baptiste, are you with us?

JEAN-BAPTISTE DEROULEZ: I'm back, but you go ahead.

ALICE JANSEN: Okay.

LISA PHIFER: Before we leave this topic, I had something I wanted to note on Slide 8.

ALICE JANSEN: Lisa, go ahead.

LISA PHIFER: Two things. One is Law Enforcement Needs I believe were kind of stalled. The last subgroup call was not attended by any subgroup members except Cathrin. So I believe we're waiting for Cathrin to request a rescheduling of that subgroup call with the rapporteur of that group, Thomas.

On Consumer Trust, I know, Erika, you can't speak very well today, but I'm looking for feedback on the draft report that I sent you. If you find that an acceptable starting point, please relay it to your subgroup.

---

ERIKA MANN: Lisa?

LISA PHIFER: Yes.

ERIKA MANN: I have this all on my to-do list.

LISA PHIFER: Thank you.

ERIKA MANN: I don't know if you can hear me.

ALAN GREENBERG: We can hear you well.

ERIKA MANN: Wonderful. Thank you.

ALAN GREENBERG: Well, clearly, if not well.

ERIKA MANN: I understand.



---

ALAN GREENBERG: Back to you, Alice, I think, or Lisa. I'm not sure who was speaking or who was next, that is.

UNIDENTIFIED FEMALE: I think we're ready to go back to Jean-Baptiste. And unmute.

ALAN GREENBERG: Okay.

JEAN-BAPTISTE DEROULEZ: On the third agenda item, which is the face-to-face meeting in Brussels, you may have received from Cathrin as well with the documents for this plenary call the updated draft agenda with comments from Cathrin for your consideration. So far, we have seen one reply from Lili on that. So if you could all look into this input from Cathrin and confirm whether you agree with these or whether there are any other inputs that need to be added within the agenda, that would be great.

We would like to remind all that 5 April, which is this week on Thursday, is the deadline for subgroups to send their subgroup report. Again, the template is available on the wiki at the page that is on Slide 10. And we are available to help you if you need any help to complete your subgroup report. We'll be providing you with a slide template as well to submit and present your subgroup findings during the face-to-face meeting.

---

ALAN GREENBERG: Thank you, Jean-Baptiste. I have a question. Could you, if you have not already done so, check with Constituency Travel and verify that everyone who is planning to travel does have tickets issued? Just so we don't get any surprises at the last moment. Experience in other venues indicates that although it should be obvious that it should be done, it's worth verifying.

JEAN-BAPTISTE DEROULEZ: Yes, we'll look into that.

ALAN GREENBERG: Thank you.

JEAN-BAPTISTE DEROULEZ: If I can just move to Slide 11 and 12, this is a suggested slide template for the face-to-face meeting. It's composed of two slides and, basically, it's including the questions the subgroup attempted to answer when assessing the objective, the research and background materials that were used to answer the questions, also an invitation to describe your methodology to answer the questions, and confirm what are the main findings that the review team should report on, and describe the findings that raise the following problems and issues, and if applicable or available the suggested recommendation.

Those were provided in the slide deck if you have any comments on these as well. [inaudible] can be used for presentations from subgroups at the face-to-face meeting.

ALAN GREENBERG: Now, Jean-Baptiste, is the plan that staff will be creating these, extracting the information from the various documents we have at that point? Or are you expecting something from each of the subgroups explicitly for these slides?

LISA PHIFER: Alan, we can do it either way. I believe we had not received a specific direction yet from the review team. Perhaps you want to have everyone take a look at these templates and then give us direction. We can certainly provide a first draft, but it would be important for rapporteurs to be familiar with their subgroup's report and comfortable with the information that's presented.

ALAN GREENBERG: Oh, I certainly agree with that, but things like the questions asking what materials we've reviewed, most of that already has been documented. Clearly, if the reports are not issued on time, you're going to have trouble filling in what the findings were or even the methodology perhaps. But the initial work, I think the initial items are already there. So I would presume that it would be useful if you could do the first pass at the slides and clearly identify the sections that you believe either need augmenting or need to be filled in altogether based on input from the subgroup.

LISA PHIFER: Sure. We can take that as an action, Alan.

---

ALAN GREENBERG: And back to you.

JEAN-BAPTISTE DEROULEZ: Are there any questions on the agenda item for the face-to-face meeting in Brussels?

ALAN GREENBERG: No questions. Clearly, when we get these done, I think we'll be in a much stronger position to identify whether the allocation of time that we have on the draft agenda is going to be potentially reasonable. If the slide is complete down to recommendations, clearly they may need to be discussed but there's not likely to be as substantive an issue as if those are still blank. At least that's my guess. We'll find out if that's true or not.

Then if there are no more questions, let's go on to the next agenda item, which is the wiki page.

LISA PHIFER: Alan?

ALAN GREENBERG: Yes, Lisa. Go ahead please.

---

LISA PHIFER: I had just a couple of points – they’re actually in preceding slides – that I wanted to make before we moved on.

ALAN GREENBERG: Okay, sure.

LISA PHIFER: Stepping back just minute to Slide 10, you note that April 5 is the deadline for subgroups to send their subgroup report, including draft findings and if there are any recommendations, to the full review team. I just wanted to point out that is to the full review team. So not everyone in the review team sees the subgroup mailing Lists. Of course, they always can if they’re public. But when you have reached the point in your subgroup that you have a report to share with the full review team, that’s what you’re aiming for by 5 April. I just wanted to make that clear.

ALAN GREENBERG: To the extent that any subgroups have submitted reports only to their sub team, can you forward them on, please?

LISA PHIFER: We can’t tell when the subgroup is actually done discussing.

ALAN GREENBERG: No, no. I understand. But to the extent that you believe it is at a point where it needs to be forwarded, just forward it so people see

---

something. Even if you're not sure if it's actually complete or not. Hopefully, when a report is distributed not as a draft for the subgroup but as "this is what we believe we're saying," it will be clear from the dialogue in the e-mail.

I just don't want every – at some point we have to make sure that everyone has seen these reports prior to Brussels. So it may not be by this Thursday or Friday, but certainly we need to make sure that everyone has seen these at some point, even if they're not complete.

LISA PHIFER:

Got it. The other comment that I wanted to make, and it's actually in response to a question raised by Dmitry when he distributed his subgroup's draft report to the IDNs subgroup, and that is he wasn't sure how to fill in the findings section I believe or perhaps it was the issues section.

But the item that I wanted to raise is that we had a framework for assessing effectiveness of how the first review team's recommendations were implemented. And if you find yourself stuck when you're working on your subgroup report, it may be useful to consult that framework. There are questions there that will prompt you, thinking about what you need to answer in order to determine effectiveness.

ALAN GREENBERG:

That document is readily findable on the wiki?

---

LISA PHIFER: It is. Perhaps Jean-Baptiste can point that out.

ALAN GREENBERG: Which may bring us to the next section. Too bad you can't show the wiki during this call. I think we're back to you, Jean-Baptiste.

JEAN-BAPTISTE DEROULEZ: Okay. Moving on to the Agenda Item 4 about the RDS WHOIS2 Review Team wiki page, as Alan mentioned before, we noticed that some of the pages that were created for the review team may not be known or used at this stage. So what we have summarized in the slide deck are all the most useful links, starting with the one from the main page.

Under the main page, you can find several information: the different opportunities for the community to participate, [inaudible] how we communicate to the outside world so that they are informed about what you do. We also share the key news and updates from the review team.

And you will see if you scroll around on the main page, if you scroll down, you will see the calendar of calls. For a given week, if you click on any of the calls that are on screen, you will be redirected to the dedicated meeting page where you will be able to see the agenda and documents, if any. So this is a great tool.

Also, you will see that under this agenda under this calendar of calls, there are three dots. If you click on the three dots, you will be able to save if you have an icon this meeting into your iCalendar in case it's not already on your calendar.

---

ALAN GREENBERG: If I may interrupt, Jean-Baptiste.

JEAN-BAPTISTE DEROULEZ: Sure.

ALAN GREENBERG: Just to be clear, the main page is the one with a picture of the review team in the upper righthand corner and a circular diagram with some green squares on it. If you scroll down, you'll find a video of me about to fall over. That's what shows on the lead in screen. Just so we know what page we're talking about.

I have a question, and I think I know the answer but I'm not sure, the calendar items. Is it possible to say how to connect to the meeting in it or at least a pointer to it, or is that something for privacy reasons we don't publish?

JEAN-BAPTISTE DEROULEZ: I'm sorry. Can you say that again?

ALAN GREENBERG: On the calendar entries, it would be really useful if that would tell us how to connect, what the link is to connect to the meeting if there's a meeting page or other things, instead of having to fish around for the e-mail to do it. But I vaguely recall that meeting connection information



---

we don't put on public lists, so maybe we don't want to put it on the calendar too, but I'm not sure.

LILI SUN: Hi. I checked and it works. It has all the message, and there is for you to attend the meeting.

ALAN GREENBERG: It does? I don't see that when I click on it.

LISA PHIFER: Alan, if I might.

ALAN GREENBERG: Sure, please.

LISA PHIFER: It's my understanding that the calendar notice does not provide, or it should not provide, the call details because they are different for review team members, for observers, and then of course for the general public.

JEAN-BAPTISTE DEROULEZ: Yes.

ALAN GREENBERG: Oh, okay. So you're saying our policy says we can't do that. All right.

LISA PHIFER: We can, however, as Lili points out, include the link to the meeting page where you'll at least find the materials and call time and so forth.

ALAN GREENBERG: There is a link to the meeting page there, which normally doesn't include things like the call time and stuff on it, at least when I click on the links. For instance, I get a link for tomorrow's meeting on the Outreach group and all it says is Call #1, April 3, and doesn't indicate any other details. I mean, obviously, indicates the time by where it is on the calendar, but that's it. In any case, it was a question. If we can't do it, we can't do it.

Back to you, Jean-Baptiste, then.

JEAN-BAPTISTE DEROULEZ: Thank you, Alan. Can I ask whether there are any other questions on the main page slide? Okay, hearing none, the second link we are reporting on the slide is regarding plenary conference calls and meetings. If you would click on this link, that will redirect you to a page where you can see all the different plenary calls that have happened already and also those that are currently scheduled. If you click on any of the provided links, you can access each dedicated meeting page with, again, all the different documents that were [projected], who was in attendance, the agenda of the meeting, etc. Just to mention, it's including the calls but also the face-to-face meetings.

---

ALAN GREENBERG:

Jean-Baptiste, it may be worth mentioning how you get to that page if you don't have this slide in front of you. When you're on the main meeting page, if you look at the very top left of it, there's something called "Pages." If you hit "Pages," you'll get the full tree of everything regarding WHOIS: the first WHOIS Review Team, the Implementation, the second WHOIS Review Team. And then if you open that, you get all those subcategories. I'm assuming people know how to find that page already, but if not, hitting "Pages" on the main page gets you to it.

Back to you.

JEAN-BAPTISTE DEROULEZ:

Correct. And plenary conference calls and meetings is the fourth one under RDS WHOIS2 Review.

The next one is regarding leadership conference calls and meetings where you can find all the archives of all leadership calls. This one is just below the previous one, plenary conference calls and meetings.

The next one is what is called the tracking tool. The tracking tool is where we record all the open and closed action items from plenary calls. Just so that you know, we have a tracking tool as well for leadership calls. Under each dedicated subgroup page, and we'll move to that in a second, we record there the different action items, open and closed ones. So we have this tracking tool at each level: plenary, leadership, and subgroups. The tracking tool is located just below the leadership conference calls and meetings.

---

Related to tracking tool, you may have heard on a previous plenary call that we also record the decisions reached. We have a dedicated page for that. That's the one located just below tracking tool on the left side of your screen that Alan just mentioned. Under decisions reached we'll be identifying on which meeting was the decision reached, the date and the decision.

ALAN GREENBERG: Jean-Baptiste?

JEAN-BAPTISTE DEROULEZ: Yes?

ALAN GREENBERG: It's worth noting on the tracking tool – in case it wasn't obvious, and it was not obvious to me – there's a horizontal scroll bar and the table is much wider than it likely appears on your screen, including things like when was it actually completed and details about it. Just to note it is a pretty wide table that you'll probably have difficulty looking at all at once, but there is important information that's off hidden on the right.

JEAN-BAPTISTE DEROULEZ: Correct, Alan. And it will, of course, depend on the screen resolution, but if you want to have a better overview of this table, you have to zoom out or zoom in depending on your screen resolution. But it's true, yes, you may need to go right.

ALAN GREENBERG: How do you zoom in and zoom out? I mean, I know how to do it in Firefox. I don't know how to do it. Is there a native wiki way to zoom in and zoom out?

JEAN-BAPTISTE DEROULEZ: Are you on a PC or on a Mac, Alan?

ALAN GREENBERG: I'm on a PC.

JEAN-BAPTISTE DEROULEZ: Okay, so if I recall CTRL and the scrolling button of your mouse.

ALAN GREENBERG: Really? Let's see if that works.

JEAN-BAPTISTE DEROULEZ: Yes, if I remember correctly. If not, CTRL and - or + or CTRL SHIFT and - or +.

LISA PHIFER: You are correct, CTRL and your scroll button. Forward is enlarge, backward is decrease.

---

ALAN GREENBERG: Not on my machine.

JEAN-BAPTISTE DEROULEZ: No?

ALAN GREENBERG: No.

JEAN-BAPTISTE DEROULEZ: And if you try CTRL + or -?

LISA PHIFER: Maybe that's your system as well.

JEAN-BAPTISTE DEROULEZ: Yes, if anyone has the right answer for Firefox, please speak up.

LISA PHIFER: I'm using Firefox on a PC, and it works for me.

ALAN GREENBERG: I take it back. The CTRL scroll does work if you're not in full screen mode.

JEAN-BAPTISTE DEROULEZ: Okay, good.

ALAN GREENBERG: In full screen mode, it doesn't work.

JEAN-BAPTISTE DEROULEZ: Okay. Any other questions on the tracking tool or the decisions reached page? Okay, if none, I'll move on to the Subgroups page, which is up to the plenary conference calls and meetings section, so in between team members and plenary conference calls and meetings. On the subgroups page, there you can find the subgroups template, [inaudible] first pass planning questions, the subgroup report structure, and all the resources and assignment matrix, the list and links to all subgroup pages, and the list of current subgroup members and rapporteurs.

If you click to any of the subgroup pages, then you will have access to the general information about the subgroup, the objective, the rapporteur, the members, mailing list, the archives, but also all the different background documents, the different documents produced by the subgroup. Those are located on the right side of the page. The list of open and closed actions and requests and where [inaudible] were identified, and also the latest briefing requests and materials. Those are updated on a regular basis.

ALAN GREENBERG: Could I ask whoever is typing loudly to please mute yourself or if we can mute them.

---

JEAN-BAPTISTE DEROULEZ: I think that's Dmitry maybe.

ERIKA MANN: No, it was me. Sorry for that.

ALAN GREENBERG: Okay.

ERIKA MANN: I'm typing fast [inaudible]. Sorry, I can't speak. Apologies.

ALAN GREENBERG: That's fine. Please go ahead, Jean-Baptiste.

JEAN-BAPTISTE DEROULEZ: I'm going to pause here and ask whether there are any questions on the subgroup pages.

ALAN GREENBERG: I'd just like to make a comment. The amount of work that staff does to keep these pages up to date is just amazing, and I really appreciate it.

JEAN-BAPTISTE DEROULEZ: Thank you, Alan. If no other comment on this page, I'll move on to the briefing materials. This one is the new one that was mentioned when we reviewed the subgroups update. Under this page, you can find the



---

full list of written implementation briefings and the implementation assessment requests and their status. This one if I'm not mistaken is located just on top of the background materials page, just below leadership conference calls and meetings and up to background materials.

The two last [ones] we wanted to point out are the fact sheets. This one is an important one as it is where we are capturing the attendance of review team members, the costs associated with professional services and travel to attend face-to-face meetings, but also all the different milestones from the review team. If you look at this fact sheet page, you'll notice that there are several sheets that are being uploaded.

The general one, which is called fact sheet, and if you scroll down you'll see three of them. The first one is the milestones and details, showing you progress on the different milestones and where you are at. The second one is the participation one where we report your participation for plenary calls, for leadership calls, for face-to-face meetings, for subgroup calls. The last one is regarding expenses from the review team. Just so that you know, the sheet for milestones and participation is updated monthly, whereas the expenses and the fact sheet are updated and published quarterly.

Any comments or questions on the fact sheets?

LILI SUN:

Excuse me.

---

JEAN-BAPTISTE DEROULEZ: Yes, Lili.

LILI SUN: [inaudible] for the subgroup on Data Accuracy. I have some additional background materials. I've already gone through the background materials and [checked] all the useful information [to myself to report]. Can you help me to put all the background materials into the wiki page? I can share with you a list of additional background materials.

JEAN-BAPTISTE DEROULEZ: Yes, Lili. Feel free to send us those materials via e-mail, and we'll be more than happy to add them to your subgroup page.

LILI SUN: Okay, thank you.

JEAN-BAPTISTE DEROULEZ: Any question or comment on the fact sheet page of the wiki? Okay, moving on to the last page that we wanted to highlight. This one is regarding e-mail archives. Under this page, you can find general e-mail mailing list, the input to the review team mailing list, leadership, observers, and subgroups. You can find their old e-mails that were shared. They are classified per month. Those are useful when you want to find an e-mail that you may have lost in your mailbox. You can easily find it. Also, the author of the e-mail is reported on this page, so that's a way to identify those.

---

Any questions or comments on the mailing lists page? And any other questions or comments on the wiki itself? Okay, back to, Alan.

ALAN GREENBERG:

Hearing nothing. I think the only next item is any other business and then confirmation. We didn't have any requests for any other business before. We are just an hour into the meeting. We have 30 more minutes that we can either turn back or we can use to discuss stuff. I'm happy to turn it back. Last call for any other business.

My only any other business is just to note I think I will send a note to the review team asking people to please confirm whether they're going to be at meetings or not. Brenda said that there were no apologies for this meeting, and yet we only have 5 out of the 11 people here. So I'll send out a message, not that I believe it will really change anything, but just to remind people that it would be nice if we knew ahead of time who is going to be here and who isn't. You can put that on my to-do list or ignore it and I'll do it anyway.

LISA PHIFER:

I have one item I'd just like to reemphasize. I know some subgroups are actually exchanging e-mail directly off-list. Just a reminder, please to the extent that you can, please exchange your dialogue on subgroup findings and recommendations on-list for purposes of transparency. That would be on your subgroup list.

---

ALAN GREENBERG: Lisa, are you aware of what's on that, or you just know it's happening? Or are you being copied on some of these?

LISA PHIFER: Mostly, I'm not being copied. But I'm aware when we have had subgroup calls people refer to having exchanged their thoughts. So that is the way in which I'm aware it's happening. So the good news is that the subgroups are discussing it. The bad news is that it's important we do that on-list.

ALAN GREENBERG: Thank you, Lisa. I was aware it was happening on law enforcement. I wasn't aware it was happening other places.

Then I think we're finished with AOB. And we're over to you, Jean-Baptiste or Alice, whoever, for confirmation of any decisions and action items.

JEAN-BAPTISTE DEROULEZ: Thank you, Alan. As action items, I have identified the following. The first one is for ICANN org to engage with ICANN Constituency Travel to confirm that all travels are booked for the face-to-face meeting in Brussels.

The second one is ICANN org to take first pass at populating findings slides based on the subgroup reports and outputs and to identify sections for the subgroup rapporteur to complete.

---

Next one is for Alan to send out an e-mail to the review team to remind them to confirm whether they can attend or cannot attend a meeting.

The other one is for Lili to share the background materials for her subgroup so that ICANN org can upload these to the background materials on the wiki subgroup page.

There were two reminders. The first one is ICANN org is available as a resource to help rapporteurs with drafting their reports. The second one is for subgroups to exchange e-mails only via the dedicated subgroup mailing lists.

ALAN GREENBERG:

With that, I believe the meeting is over, unless there are any other things people want to raise at the last moment. I'll give people a moment to call out. Hearing nothing, we'll call this meeting to an end, and we will be back together on Friday. And looking for all of the reports that will, of course, be coming in by Thursday. Thank you, all.

**[END OF TRANSCRIPTION]**