
MARIO ALEMAN: Hello, everyone. Good morning, good afternoon and good evening. Everyone, welcome to the NARALO Teleconference Call on Monday, December 11, 2017 at 20:00 UTC.

On the participant list, we have on the English channel today, Glenn McKnight, Alan Greenberg, Kristin Doan, William Cunningham, Marita Moll, Bill Jouris, Matthew Rantanen, Eduardo Diaz, Alfredo Calderon, Joly Macfie, Dana Perry, Yubelkys Montalvo, Judith Hellerstein, Joe Catapano, Leah Symekher.

And on our French channel, we have no participants and we have no apologies from anyone.

From staff, we would like to welcome Silvia Vivanco, Gisella Gruber, Claudia Ruiz and myself, Mario Aleman doing the call management today.

And from our interpreters, we have on the French channel Jacques and Isabelle.

I would just like to remind to all participants to please state your name before speaking, not only for transcription purposes but also for our interpreters.

With this, I will turn it back over to you, Eduardo. You could please begin the call.

EDUARDO DIAZ: Thank you so much. I want to ask Gisella if we have a quorum. I wasn't following and actually we're able to catch the people that were attending.

MARIO ALEMAN: Thank you, Eduardo. Perhaps, Silvia can help us actually on behalf of Gisella and we'll be ready to confirm actually how many that we have so far.

EDUARDO DIAZ: Okay.

SILVIA VIVANCO: Yes. How many members do we have, Mario, in numbers, please?

EDUARDO DIAZ: Are we waiting for Mario or shall I go ahead then?

MARIO ALEMAN: We have about 13 participants on the call, Silvia.

EDUARDO DIAZ: Yeah, but though all the participants members that can vote? No...no...

MARIO ALEMAN: Voting members.

EDUARDO DIAZ: Voting members, 13. Okay. Okay, well then –

SILVIA VIVANCO: Hello.

EDUARDO DIAZ: Hello.

SILVIA VIVANCO: Eduardo.

EDUARDO DIAZ: Yes?

SILVIA VIVANCO: Actually, that Mario has [inaudible] attend the call, I cannot confirm that they are voting members. We would need to check that in the database, so that needs more time to determine that.

EDUARDO DIAZ: Okay. So, why don't we do something that – let's continue and if there's someone in the background can find out and let us know sometime during the call, I will really – well, thank you very much. We can do that. Anyhow.

SILVIA VIVANCO: Okay.

EDUARDO DIAZ: So, the agenda was sent beforehand and do anyone objects to this agenda or want to add something to it? So if I don't hear any objections, I will continue.

Last time, the next item, which is item four, this is just for information for the people that were not here before in the last meeting. We just talked about creating three groups within NARALO. One of them was an education group, the other one was a policy group and the other one is an outreach group. These groups were – get it last time and this is just the discussion item that I just wanted to let you know that we work real close.

I'm sorry. I was looking on the wrong thing. This is just the new agenda format that we have that I [really] discussed last time. Never mind. In any case, the agenda last time was kind of confusing on in the sense that there were too many items all over the place and so I tried to put it together in a different way. So, this is the agenda order.

And there are three discussion items. I am now in Agenda Order #1. So, these agendas are pointing to different discussions, items and what I did is if you look at the agenda, you can click on this item and it will take you to the item specifically, so you won't have to go back and forth going and just looking into what kind of discussions we're having.

There's three discussions that I just want to close, and one of them is the creation of the working groups that I was talking about before. And, like I said, there were three groups that were created. John Laprise is leading the one in politics. Alfredo Calderon is leading the one in education and the [inaudible] the education group. And, Glenn McKnight is leading the one in outreach.

So basically, if you look in Item 6, those are the scopes and all three of them ratified the scope. I think Alfredo [inaudible], you changed one of the [little] scope, so you will talk about that later. Okay, he cannot talk.

[Inaudible] there is one little response that – he changed basically the word but basically these are the groups you can go into the Item 6 and do what's this policy outreach and education groups, the scope and responsibilities are.

So, I propose we close this discussion as we discussed this already. Any objection to that?

Okay. There was a discussion on the ALAC and the ALAC Appointee Selection Committee 2018. There was a call made into the group. And, do we have people self-nominated for this working group or subcommittee?

And, [it was] only [Judith] who was interested and so a letter was sent out to staff with that information. So now [Judith] is our representative in this committee.

So, I want to close this. If there's no objection to it, we will close it. Thank you.

And, the other thing discussion that we have is there was a discussion on the ALAC Finance and Budget Subcommittee. They talk about the membership there. One of the membership is the ALAC Chair and the other one is – hold a second here. The call was sent to the region. One of the representatives is the RALO, which is a Chair who's me and there were people interested in participating with this working group. William and Glenn, and Alfredo and Judith were interested in participating. So, they are there. Javier Rua is a person that is the ALAC representative into this group. So, all of us has – Eduardo, myself, and Javier are members and the other ones are participants. This information was sent to staff and so they are already in the e-mail list of this group.

If nobody has a questions about it –

GLENN MCKNIGHT: Excuse me, Eduardo. It's Glenn. I thought Alan's hand up very early and I see William's as well.

EDUARDO DIAZ: No, of course. Okay. So, Alan, do you want to go first?

ALAN GREENBERG: Yeah, I was just kind of fill in who the members were while you were looking for it but you already did that. Just to note, I believe the call has already gone out or not a call but a notification that we are going to be starting to work on special budget request in December and of RALOs and anyone in the RALOs should start formulating their requests and

passing them through the RALOs to forward onto these Finance and Budget Subcommittee.

EDUARDO DIAZ: Okay. Thanks. Yeah, I think we're going to have a question about that later on. William, please.

WILLIAM CUNNINGHAM: Yeah. Can you hear me okay?

EDUARDO DIAZ: Yes. We can hear you okay.

WILLIAM CUNNINGHAM: All right, very good. Again, Glenn said that we were able to get some added [inaudible] and my only question and concern is that roles and responsibilities, participants versus members, you don't have to answer that question now but it is a question that I have.

So, as a participant, in other words, what do you [accept]?

EDUARDO DIAZ: About the participants and observers, the observers [of the] process, you can talk – I mean, you can comment, bring your issues but at the time there is a vote, only the members vote. Correct me if I'm wrong, Alan.

ALAN GREENBERG: No, that is correct. On the other hand, we don't typically vote but should we come to a vote, then the formal members are the ones who vote. Normally, we just come through consensus. There rarely is something so divisive that it's a real vote.

EDUARDO DIAZ: Okay. Judith, please.

JUDITH HELLERSTEIN: Yes, Judith for the record. I would say it's not observers because observers is the class that is used in CCWGs that don't really have opportunities to speak at a meeting. Well, I would say because participants have equal chances of speaking, they just don't vote. So, I'll just clarify that.

EDUARDO DIAZ: Okay. Thank you. So, any other questions? Okay, I suppose we close this item. So, those are the three items that I want to close, the first order item.

So, the second theme of the agenda is these two open travel slots. And, here, I have a question for you, Alan. Because there are some confusion about some calls that we – I sent the e-mail for this Friday and I think that was related to the onboarding program, but if you can clarify that. The discussion that we have here is mostly for the two travel slots that Javier Rua and myself are going to be using just for travel. So, if you can clarify how this is going to be done, I will really appreciate it because I already know that the two travel slots cannot be changed into one

travel slot with travel and hotel and per diem. That question was answered by Gisella. And so, these are those two travel slots just for travel.

ALAN GREENBERG:

I can try. I can try. We've got a whole number of different travel issues. To start with, we have two travel slots, which will be allocated to people who are active in policy issues or certainly have a long history in the past of being active in policy issues. The call went out at the end of November. It's already closed and there will be a meeting I believe this Friday with the Chairs of the RALOs to make the selection to go ahead on that. That's for the additional travelers.

The extra half slots that you have for travel but not hotel and per diem, you have to decide whether those are going to be reallocated within North America or giving it to the ALAC for wider dissemination. We need to know that by Friday because they were going to be doing those selections then if you're getting them to the ALAC.

And then, there's community onboarding, that's a separate call of – we are asking the Chairs in consultation with other leaders and ALAC members in the region to recommend one or two people who have good potential for the onboarding program. That selection will be done by the ALAC Selection Committee, the Appointee Selection Committee and that will be done probably I think early next week or sometime next week. I'm not quite sure of the timing on that one.

So, all of those process is going on in parallel.

EDUARDO DIAZ: Okay. So, if I can put in my own words, the two slots that ALAC has, who's travel slot that ALAC has, that's for people that are involved in policy. These two slots that I'm talking about here, the [additional] slot that Javier and I are [leaving] and we need to decide if we're going to give this to ALAC or we're going to keep in the original. I think the fair thing to do is since one of them is ALAC, it should go to ALAC to decide and since the other one is NARALO, then we can decide one of the slots.

ALAN GREENBERG: That is fine. If that's the decision, then we will try to allocate the travel part of an additional slot in our meeting on Friday.

EDUARDO DIAZ: Okay. So, Judith, please.

JUDITH HELLERSTEIN: Yes. I guess I have in the past when Glenn and I had done it, we put out for the NARALO. We put out a call to everyone and set up a Google Doc and had [inaudible] take in and then if you recall, you are also on a Selection Committee and that might be also another way. And we use both the ALAC slots and the NARALO slots because they were NARALO ones. These are deemed because Javier isn't ALAC nominee. He's on the ALAC and it's still a NARALO slot. So we, in the past, we did it then, so we [inaudible] both of those.

The other question I have is on the – will Constituency Travel allow per diem to be awarded to Javier and to Eduardo even though they are local? They can get hotels, but the question is if they are local, usually per diem is not given, that per diem is only given for food and transportation but those are local – local transportation issues. So that's my question about that and maybe we can get a clarification.

EDUARDO DIAZ:

Okay. Alan, do you want to mention something about this?

ALAN GREENBERG:

Yes, on the first item, to be clear, the past practice has been – there's no formal rules about it – but our practice has been if any of the ALAC slots or regional leaders cannot travel or do not need the travel support, then the RALO has the right to reallocate them. Sometimes the RALOs do that, sometimes the RALOs turn them over to ALAC to allocate over the wider area and that was the question I asked. And what I heard from Eduardo is he will give one back to the ALAC and one will be kept within NARALO. That's the choice the RALO has and [inaudible] the RALO Chair has in consultation with the rest of the leadership.

In terms of the per diem, Heidi or Gisella is going to have to answer that.

HEIDI ULRICH:

Yeah, this is Heidi. My understanding is that Constituency travel will give the people who are selected even if they are local, they will give them per diem and the reason being is that if they're in a hotel, they need to

eat. So, I think it makes sense for that to happen. So, my understanding is that Javier and Eduardo will be getting accommodation, as well as per diem for ICANN61. Thank you.

EDUARDO DIAZ: Yup. Do anyone has anything to comment about this?

ALAN GREENBERG: My only comment is they won't get it for extra travel days though. That's a little bit of humor. Since it's not more than a 12-hour trip.

EDUARDO DIAZ: That's okay.

MARIO ALEMAN: I believe William has a couple of questions.

EDUARDO DIAZ: What's the question, in the chat or where?

MARIO ALEMAN: Just maybe call him out. William, did you want to clarify any questions on this?

EDUARDO DIAZ: Yeah, please.

MARIO ALEMAN: He might be muted. Okay. Go ahead, William.

EDUARDO DIAZ: We cannot hear you, William. Hello?

HEIDI ULRICH: Hi, Mario, is William still connected? Looks like he is writing no. Okay, he says hang on.

WILLIAM CUNNINGHAM: Hello, this is –

MARIO ALEMAN: Just got back in.

HEIDI ULRICH: William?

UNIDENTIFIED MALE: He just entered the room.

MARIO ALEMAN: Okay.

EDUARDO DIAZ: Okay. All right.

HEIDI ULRICH: Okay.

MARIO ALEMAN: He had a question in the chat earlier [inaudible] everyone about that.

HEIDI ULRICH: Okay. There he is.

MARIO ALEMAN: Do you want a definition of long-term participation with regards to what Alan was saying earlier in terms of the policy issues? So, perhaps that could prompt to William to clarify.

WILLIAM CUNNINGHAM: Yeah, that's pretty much it. What do you mean by long-term participation? What do you mean by policy? Are there specific policy committees or discussions that are used as a selection criteria?

EDUARDO DIAZ: Okay, Alan, please.

ALAN GREENBERG:

What I said was that people who are involved and actively involved, which means not just the last two weeks but over the last at least five, six months demonstrated that they are participating in calls on a regular basis of their weekly calls, if they go to a fair number of them. The long-term reference was there are occasionally people who had participated for years but have been not active recently for one reason or another. Sometimes job situation change but if they intend to come back into the environment, then they were eligible under those terms. So, active means months and we do look at the attendance stickers for the group that you say you're active in.

Definition of policy is groups such as the GNSO PDP Groups. There are also ccNSO PDP Groups, Cross-Community Working Groups are deemed to be policy and to a less and although not applicable right now, the At-Large Review was deemed to the policy. So essentially, they are the things that we are in At-Large to do not to support parts that we do to maintain the infrastructure and to do for instance, capacity building or outreach. So, it's the actual work of ICANN that we're talking about when we refer to policy.

The call for membership did explicitly list all of the types of groups that we're looking for, not for membership. The call for travelers listed those particular types of groups. Thank you.

EDUARDO DIAZ:

Thank you. William, do you have any other questions? Okay. I see in the chat that you – okay, go ahead.

WILLIAM CUNNINGHAM: Yeah, I always have to unmute my mic. No, that's fine. Thank you for the clarification. For the record as I mentioned, I'm kind of multitasking here. So at the start, I did want to look and find at a quick [FPC] [inaudible] items comment to the agenda. But given that I was late with that, I'm willing to move on but I do want that noted for the record.

EDUARDO DIAZ: Okay. If you want to bring this issue, send me a note offline and we'll make sure that we put in the agenda for the next meeting. No problem with that.

So, the next item, we can move to the next item, #3, which is individual member's representative. And, this is the discussion Item #2. Basically, our Rules of Procedure mentions that there is... the unaffiliated members or individual members have to designate one person to read their – we'll say the whole team representative within the region. And this should happen after the AGM, sometime after the AGM. It doesn't specify specifically when.

So, I'm asking Glenn to follow-up on this and set up some kind of schedule because honestly, [they'll] have to go through a kind of election process and decide who wants to be their representative. Right now, it's Alan but every year, this representative, they have to be reselected.

Alan, you have your hand up.

ALAN GREENBERG:

Yeah. Thank you very much. No, actually right now, it was not me. It was John Levine. John had indicated he is not interested in continuing in that role. So, we will have to do a new selection.

I believe in light of the fact that we've approved our new Rules of Procedure, we probably want to go through the whole list of an affiliated members and verify that they are still interested in staying on and we will be checking voting records and things like that to make sure that they are still active.

So, what we'll be doing is verifying with staff and people that we know who the unaffiliated members are that will take place over the next week or two. And once that's done, there will be a call for anyone interested in acting as the representative.

The representative doesn't have an awful lot to do. They oversee the vote that any vote that is done with the unaffiliated member and they are potentially – they oversee the process of selecting travelers or something if any when there's ever a meeting. We're not expecting there to be one this year, but nevertheless.

So, that process will be unfolding and I'll be working with Glenn on that.

EDUARDO DIAZ:

Okay, yup. Okay. Any questions for this? Okay, so we're going to keep this action item on.

The next item in the agenda is the NARALO newsletter. Let's go to the NARALO newsletter to see what that is. Oh, I don't know if you know but Glenn has volunteered himself to become the editor of the

newsletter and there is another person by the name Shelley Robinson, which is the Executive Director of National Capital FreeNet. And I believe she is also a representative of ISOC Canada. Correct me, Glenn, if I'm wrong.

So there are volunteers to take over the editing part of the NARALO. I'm working with the NARALO newsletter. I'm working with them. Basically, the last newsletter was produced most of the content by Glenn and Shelley – she's not been there yet but she is very interested in doing. So, I just want to mention this and I want to know if there is any objection for them to follow, to be volunteers in doing this. So, Glenn, please. You have your hand up.

GLENN MCKNIGHT:

Yes, thank you. Yes, we got the issue #30 out. Shelley was quite busy with her Board election, so she'll be hopefully up to speed on the next one. I'm already working on version #31. We've been bringing in new features. One of the big things we will showcase is the policy issues. So, we hope to bring in also some short video clips, summaries of ICANN meetings.

One of the things we showcase to an event that Judith was co-presenter at, which is the Readout in New York organized with Joe and Joly, a great event in New York. And I will follow it up by an event that was done with Leah's group and Susannah, which was in San Francisco. Marita Moll and myself were looking at doing an additional readout but that – actually, I'll jump again to the outreach now but it didn't really happen.

So it is something that Marita and I are looking at and we'll talk to the staff about this, it's a pre-ICANN61. So, perhaps going leading up to the next newsletter, we'll perhaps get more content on policy issues leading up and helping the community understand what our [inaudible] to policy issues.

So, the only outstanding issue right now we have is the links are not working properly and then we're trying to work with IT staff on making sure that the URL links are working properly. We produced the newsletter in Constant Contact, so we're happy to hear any feedback from any of you on making the newsletter better. So, that's it for me. Back to you.

EDUARDO DIAZ: Leah, your hand is up.

LEAH SYMEKHER: Definitely. Good afternoon everyone. Yeah, I like to definitely thank Eduardo for the – we really have to [inaudible] doing the newsletter for the last few years. That was really helpful. And of course, again, thanks Glenn and Shelley for [continuing] this great effort.

Yeah, Eduardo had a pretty good program whether it's [inaudible] in place for [allotting] all the ALSes on new [brands] to supply information for the upcoming newsletters. So usually [Inaudible] newsletters now and he was – yeah. So I would hope that that would be – that Glenn and Shelley will probably let us know what kind of process you have in place. I know you've shared the focus areas. I know policy is very big for some

areas that are very heavily focused on policy. What other issues or topics are you going to be considering if you wanted to really be sharing more information on policy? It will also be good for you to maybe inform us maybe how to do that better when we're trying hard to get involved and move more in that direction. But more guidance and proactive and information to help support us to make that a better newsletter and provide feedback for that would be helpful. Thank you.

EDUARDO DIAZ:

Thank you, Leah. Any other questions about this item? So if there are no objections, we will welcome Glenn and Shelley to continue the editing. I will be helping them on the background so we can close this item and get to the next one. This is Item #5 in the agenda. And this has to do with the 2018 ALS [alternates]/representatives.

So this is Item Discussion #3, okay? When I look through the list of the ALSes and their representatives, I notice that there were many ALSes at that time that I looked at it that did not have an ALS representative. So this is when Glenn went around and staff and they cleaned up most of the list. But there are few ALSes that – they basically don't have an alternative.

So Glenn, do you want to add to this? Leah, you have your hand up, is that an old hand? Okay. Glenn, please.

GLENN MCKNIGHT:

Yes, hi. We have a master list that we're keeping when people responded. And in some cases, people do not have an alternate. It's just

themselves, which is a whole other discussion in terms of an ALS. So yeah, at this stage almost all of them have responded. There's a couple, I think two that are still outstanding. But it's all documented in terms of who the alternates are. And it's one of the criteria when one – if you go back to the original submissions in ALS applications. I guess we forgot that or people move on. That's it for me. Joly's got [his hand] up.

EDUARDO DIAZ: Okay. Joly, please.

JOLY MACFIE: Yeah. We lost [Avri] so I'm still digging around within our membership for somebody who shares the same interest. Recently we had Greg Shatan who got involved in the [chat]. As we know he comes from the Intellectual Property Constituency in the GNSO. If I were to try and recruit him, would he be eligible or not considering that he has another role within ICANN?

EDUARDO DIAZ: Why not? [So why do] you have somebody that is part of your ALS and can be a representative? I don't see why not.

JOLY MACFIE: Okay, well I'm going to go to [write] that down. [inaudible]

ALAN GREENBERG: Yeah, thank you, Eduardo. We've talked about this a number of times and I don't think we've ever come – we being ALAC and NARALO has ever come to a firm decision. The general tenor of the talks says yes people have multiple parts of their lives and they can participate in different ways but they really shouldn't be voting members of both – of more than one part of ICANN. So you shouldn't double dip. So that tends to be the philosophy although it's never been set in places as a formal rule.

EDUARDO DAIZ: That's very –

JOLY MACFIE: [As soon as he opens it], would he see the voting or – because I'm the actual rep, I'd be the voting rep, would he just be an alternate [inaudible] meeting?

EDUARDO DIAZ: But correct me if I'm wrong Alan, but if you were an alternate, you can vote if the other person is not available. Right?

ALAN GREENBERG: Well yes, but again, it's not clear for any given ALS. Does the voting rep decide to how to vote? Or is it a group within the group or the whole membership that decides? That probably varies from group to group. So in some cases, the voting rep is just someone passing on a message. In

other cases, it's someone who makes a decision. So I think you'd rather look at the dynamics.

JOLY MACFIE:

Generally if there's any important vote, I do put it in my board rather than just make up my own mind. Okay. So I'll talk to Greg and see if [inaudible] not to worry about it.

ALAN GREENBERG:

We're getting quite an echo.

EDUARDO DIAZ:

It was my computer. It lost connection with Adobe. Anyhow, I'm back. Thank you, Joly. We have to look at the dynamics and we can take it from there. We just want to clean up the list and make sure that we have a representative. It's there in the rules and procedures so we should follow them if that's the case.

So the next one item here is Item 6, that's the CROP's program. That's Item 11. And then 11 has to do with the five that we have to designate for programs coordinator. So Glenn, please. Help me here.

GLENN MCKNIGHT:

Yeah, so what we have is we have two positions. One from the FBSC and one from Outreach. I'm currently the Outreach rep and I continue to be the Outreach rep. So I'll be one of those reps as a CROP – our key person. So we have to actually discuss the second position. Judith has

been the FBSC person up to now. So we need to reach out to Judith if she's interested in still continuing as the CROP RT. Back to you.

EDUARDO DIAZ: Thank you. Alan?

ALAN GREENBERG: Sorry, that was an old hand.

EDUARDO DIAZ: Glenn, you have your hand up?

GLENN MCKNIGHT: Yeah, as I was saying, so we need to request for Judith to step up if she's still interested in staying on as the CROP RT person.

EDUARDO DIAZ: I believe she is. She just put something in the chat that she's interested in continuing so –

JUDITH HELLERSTEIN: Yes.

EDUARDO DIAZ: Judith, please.

JUDITH HELLERSTEIN: Yes, I am interested in continuing. And I think Glenn also [inaudible] that the [role's] a little tricky and Glenn and I are one of the most knowledgeable ones on these. As we were trained by Dev and by the CROP people themselves, and so there's a lot of good [roles] that many people don't know about. And so it's helpful to have people who actually really know the [roles] well and can guide people on them. And so that's why it's helpful to have people who are very knowledgeable on it.

EDUARDO DIAZ: Thank you. William.

WILLIAM CUNNINGHAM: Yeah. I am interested in fulfilling that role while I appreciate the time and the effort that both Glenn and Judith have put into these roles. I think the last five calls I've been on, this experience thing has been used as sort of "Gee, well you got to really know what's going on." I get that. I get that. Pretty [inaudible]. From the standpoint of the experiences that we have in attempting to reach out to certain communities, it would be for the record – I want to go on record in saying that I haven't been too happy with those efforts. And that I think maybe it's time to get some additional or some new despite the experience department representation on that [inaudible].

The last thing I'll say is this. This is exactly what we're specifically looking at doing. It was having this committee, this group, reach out to historically black colleges and universities. I think we've proposed that and hadn't gotten a lot of feedback yet. It's still in the hopper, I

understand. But my comment and my request would be that we look at getting new representation.

EDUARDO DIAZ:

Thank you, William. The way this was explained to me was that to people that go there is where is the Outreach, and where is the rep from the FBSC? If that is not the case, then I will open this to the region because that's the way it should be. And whoever wants to self-nominate, then we will look at it and where's the new block coming in, then we'll let them go. But that's the way it was explained to me.

Glenn, Judith, and Alan please. Glenn.

GLENN MCKNIGHT:

I have to point out that the CROP RT person is really a bureaucratic function. They read the submissions from CROP. It sits in the guidelines in terms of timelines and it sits in with the strategic plan, it's not an outreach position. It's just that the way they worked it, one from each committee has to be there.

Now I'm really happy that William mentioned this and we would – I think the spot that we can work with William is the Outreach Working Group, which is actually responsible, which we're looking for people to join that group. So William, if you have some suggestions where we're ignoring our Outreach, that's the working group that I would suggest. The CROP RT, I'm happy for someone else to do it other than me. But it is a very bureaucratic role. It's more of checking what is right and wrong. And it's not an outreach function. So back to you.

EDUARDO DIAZ: My question is, and I know there are people waiting out there, is I need to know if there's a requirement that there has to be somebody from Outreach and somebody from the FBSC. If that is not the case, then I was in a cold out there, and let people self nominate. Now, the next person that was in line was Judith.

JUDITH HELLERSTEIN: Yes, hello. That's how it was explained to me as well. Now for William's question, the outreach what William wants to do is get more ALSes or individual members. That is not a CROP thing. Once we've got new ALSes focusing on the [inaudible] of [black areas], then they'll be members. But the CROP is not used to that.

Now William wants to do a trip going out there – a CROP trip that's within our strategic plan, then he could do that. But that as Glenn said is just a bureaucratic function making sure that we meet the guidelines of CROP and knowing these guidelines. And we'd be happy to train someone else. That is explicitly what it is.

EDUARDO DIAZ: Okay, thank you Judith. William, I want to leave you [until] the answer. You can hear the information because I am interested in understanding. We may have a confusion here but Heidi, you have your hand up. You want to talk?

HEIDI ULRICH: No. I brought it down.

EDUARDO DIAZ: Alan, please. If it is related to this.

ALAN GREENBERG: Two things. The CROP Review Team is made up of one person from the Outreach and Engagement and one person from the Finance and Budget. I don't remember at this point if it must be one of the members of Finance and Budget or it can be anyone selected by all the regional people on Finance and Budget. I need to check on that. That's number one.

Number two, we have not put out a call for the CROP Review Team. At this point, we are sticking with the old CROP Review Team and the ALAC will be discussing exactly whether we need a CROP Review Team and if we do, what it will be doing and how it will be composed.

So at this point, we are going with last year's CROP Review Team until we come to a decision on exactly how to proceed. That will be happening in January.

EDUARDO DIAZ: Okay, so this might be a new discussion but William, please.

WILLIAM CUNNINGHAM: All right, very good. Well I appreciate the clarification. And I renew my request for some new perspective. I understand that this is a

bureaucratic position but if from my perspective, I keep hearing the bureaucratic rules and regulations that are limiting with respect to what I think or some of the new outreach efforts that are required. Now, with respect to the mechanics of this, I am not looking for – I'm looking more from a strategic end policy perspective, not to arrange [inaudible] or to do any of that. What I'm looking to do on this committee, as I understand the role of this committee is to look at the strategy with respect to policy concerning [HBC] use and some other underrepresented community.

EDUARDO DIAZ:

Let's [inaudible] the following, William and everyone else. Let's see what ALAC comes up – ALAC comes with, because this might be a [new] person, they might change this to something else and they will take it from there. And if there is changes that need to be made and positions are open then we'll open it to the region. So that's what we will do. I suggest here that we put this discussion in a dormant state until then. This is going to happen when, Alan? January. February next year. Alan, can you hear me?

HEIDI ULRICH:

Hi, Eduardo. This is Heidi.

ALAN GREENBERG:

We'll be starting the process in January.

EDUARDO DIAZ: Okay, okay. Heidi, you want to speak?

HEIDI ULRICH: Yeah. For William in particular, it seems like what you're interested in is the Subcommittee on Outreach and Engagement, which we will also be doing a call for membership in January as well as for the regional co-Chairs in which there are five of them. Each RALO gets one, and again that will be happening in January as well. So that might be something that – I understand strategy, okay. That does involve – that committee does work on the regional strategies, by the way. I'll go ahead and put that link into the chat so you can take a look at what they do.

EDUARDO DIAZ: Okay. Any other questions, comments? Now we're going to put this in a dormant state until next year. Then we will look at it once a decision by ALAC comes back to all of us. So with that in mind, we go to Item #7, the additional budget request.

HEIDI ULRICH: That's me, Eduardo.

EDUARDO DIAZ: Yes, go ahead. Yes, go ahead.

HEIDI ULRICH: Yes. So before I talk about the fiscal year '19 one, I just wanted to point out again the approved fiscal year '18 request, fiscal year additional –

fiscal year '18, '17 had additional budget request. And those were the Global Indigenous Ambassadors, which have been really successful and we're now into the second collection for that. And then the other one, Eduardo, as you well know, is the North American Internet School. And that is going to take place right prior to ICANN61.

So those are the two fiscal year '18 additional budget requests that were approved. And now, we are talking about the fiscal year '19, additional budget request. Just for those who might not know the ICANN fiscal year begins on July 1 and ends on June 30. So again, this process will be for requests that will begin on July 1.

Here is the workspace in the chat. Some of the key dates really for the RALOs are the first one is January 12. That is when we are asking the FBSC is asking that all RALOs and ALSes submit their request on the [inaudible] staff. And then the other key dates deadline is January 31, 2018. And that is when the submissions are due to ICANN.

So what happens between then is that the FBSC, the Finance and Budget Subcommittee will review them [inaudible] to ICANN Finance staff. Again if there are any questions on any of those proposals, they will send them back to the people who have requested them. Then it goes to the ALAC just to review them. Then it goes finally back to the FBSC. And then if they submitted the ones that are approved are then submitted.

Following that, then there will be discussions internally of ICANN. There will be a chance at ICANN61 to have them discuss with during the Constituency Day. Then the Board Finance Committee will review them

and move those that they agreed to to the Board. And the Board will then review and approve at their May Board meeting.

So that is the process. The links that I've put into the chat has all the information that you need, the criteria for the ALAC, the criteria for ICANN Finance, as well as the template that you need to use to submit that.

EDUARDO DIAZ:

Thank you, Heidi. Any questions, comments? Glenn, please.

GLENN MCKNIGHT:

Yes, I think we've been very successful with NARALO in our submission. I think a number of them have like Judith's example with captioning has represented the wide community and we've seen our indigenous scholarship program become a global one. So I'm excited to see some [proverbial] events. I'm more than happy to work with anyone who's thinking about a proposal so we can work together and make a good proposal.

The last thing we want to do is have a sort of a [shoddy] proposal submitted, so I look forward to seeing them. So we have some time but you know how time flies quickly. So that's it for me.

EDUARDO DIAZ:

Thank you. Alan, please.

ALAN GREENBERG: Thank you. I just wanted to note that in the chat, Heidi said we don't know what size of the budget is for this year. But last year was half a million dollars. That's for all ACs and SOs. All seven ACs and SOs within ICANN. So that gives you some perspective of how much we're likely to get and how much any individual budget request should be. So the translation of that, if you request a quarter of a million dollars for one project, it's not likely to go through, just to put these things in perspective. Thank you.

EDUARDO DIAZ: Thank you for the clarification, Alan. I do have a question. Last year, for the 2018 request for the North American School of Internet Governance, it was finally budget was – they said something about being core. And I'm not sure what core means. Does that mean they will be there every year or do I need to ask for this money every year? Heidi, please.

HEIDI ULRICH: Yes. Thank you, Eduardo. So core, it's something, if a project or an activity has been placed into core, that means that it has been placed in the core budget, which means it continues annually, yearly without having to put in another request.

EDUARDO DIAZ: Okay, do we know how much money that is, that represents or –

HEIDI ULRICH: Again, I need the details of that. I had not heard that the North American program had been approved into core. I thought that was an additional budget request.

Normally, if something is agreed to approximately three times and it is running very well, that project will stand a very good chance of getting into core. Not guaranteed, but I've seen trends that indicate that if something has improved year after year, then it normally goes into – it tends to get into the core budget.

EDUARDO DIAZ: Okay. Judith, please. We're running out of time. We have seven minutes.

JUDITH HELLERSTEIN: I can clarify that. So what happens is we have been captioning. Is that the idea was placed in the core budget. But we had applied for other years until a core finally produced the old money. But they made a supply every other year. Same thing with the global indigenous. It was [said] core but there was no money was put in the core. So the idea is in the core if the pilot and the other end each year [follows] up, is what I think is the answer to that.

EDUARDO DIAZ: Okay. Thank you, Judith. Alan, please.

ALAN GREENBERG: My understanding on Internet Schools of Governance is that GSC is funding those and GSC has some pile of money to use for those kinds of things. So that's my understanding is for schools of governance, it's not an AC/SO issue anymore but it goes through GSC, which is where they have been funded in the past anyway. So I think that's just formalizing that. That was my understanding anyway. I might be wrong.

EDUARDO DIAZ: Thank you. Heidi, that's an old hand or a new hand.

HEIDI ULRICH: It's an old hand but if you just allow me one point and that is again, the fiscal year additional budget requests are not meant for travel. So that is normally two areas for that. That is the CROP for domestic. And for other types of travel including, for example, travel slots, that's to the normal budget for fiscal year '19 budget process. So I just want to state for that one. Thank you.

EDUARDO DIAZ: Thank you so much. And we only have five minutes but I want to hear Leah on the [inaudible] NomCom reports. What has been happening there? Leah, please tell us. Is she still on? Go ahead, go ahead.

LEAH SYMEKHER: So after our kick-off meetings in ICANN60 where we went ahead and created the operating procedures, of course we got to know each other as a team and know our Chair, Zahid Jamil and Damon, the Vice Chair,

and Hans who is the Supporting Chair. And we created our operating procedures, which will be out soon. They are already finalized. We're just getting the website updated for 2018.

We also created subcommittees to work on specific areas so that we are effective and efficient in our processes of getting candidates and getting them a fair [inaudible] outreach. So the committee asked and involved stakeholders and to make sure that it's up there and kind of involving selection, so to speak in general terms.

We follow them having specific meetings to representatives from the various representation on the Board that we understand the inputs as we get added. So that went on last week. So expect more information. We'll have the website up for the opportunities that will be filling up. And what we are doing and our operating procedures should be up there for everybody to see. I'll be sure to send a link to the NARALO team when it's ready. And how to have more information in our next NARALO meeting. So this is [inaudible] kind of that's where we are. We are up and going in a good way. Thanks.

EDUARDO DIAZ:

Thank you, Leah, for your report. We have only two minutes to end the call. I'm very sorry that we didn't finish all the items in the agenda. I will try to make sure that we get to those on the other one. Because I want to really talk about the hot topics. And I'm going to make sure we do that next time.

And Yubelkys, I'm sorry, I wanted to hear your report on ARIN, but I know you wrote an excellent report so if you can put the links

somewhere in the chat so people can go there and read it, that will be great. I know you did a lot of outreach in ARIN according to your report.

So I want to thank everybody for attending this meeting today and for everyone to have a happy holiday. I will see you in January – I will hear you in January. So with this, we end this call. Thank you so much.

HEIDI ULRICH: Bye-bye. Happy holidays. Bye-bye.

LEAH SYMEKHER: Thank you. Happy holidays.

[MARIO ALEMAN]: Thank you, everyone. Meeting has been adjourned. Please remember to disconnect the remaining line. Thank you. Bye-bye.

[END OF TRANSCRIPTION]