

AC Attendance - 23 Members

Alan Greenberg	Marilyn Cade
Alberto Soto	Mary Uduma
Becky Burr	Maureen Hilyard
Carolina Caeiro	Nadira Al-Araj
Ching Chiao	Olga Cavalli
Erika Mann	Peter Vergote
Glenn McKnight	Sebastien Bachollet (ALAC)
Hadia Elminiawi	Stephanie Perrin
Judith Hellerstein	Tripti Sinha
Julf Helsingius	Vanda Scartezini
Kavouss Arasteh	
Maarten Botterman	

On audio only: Daniel Dardailler, Xavier Calvez (staff)

Apology: Mei Lin Fung, Elliot Noss, John Levine

Staff:

Emily Crane Pimentel	Sally Costerton
Joke Braeken	Samantha Eisner
Lauren Allison	Julie Bisland
Marika Konings	

AC Chat:

Julie Bisland:Welcome to the CCWG New gTLD Auction Proceeds call on Thursday, 11 January 2018 at 14:00 UTC

Julie Bisland:Agenda wiki page: https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=https-3A_community.icann.org_x_gwJyB&d=DwIFaQ&c=FmY1u3PJP6wrcrwl3mSVzgfkbPSS6sJms7xcl4I5cM&r=QiF-05YzARosRvTYd84AB_UYInlydmFcjNmBM5XgySw&m=Z2P5rcnR4VmLMNqH17D18Vn_zgtLXz3PoqlcdsQe4Ho&s=ATlu4Xnq2_Rkr_-GgFyfh-Sy0b7x6gari8d9j1BJAgM&e=

Julie Bisland:Hello Kavouss! The operator has you down to call and will dialout in about 5 minutes.

Ching Chiao:Hello everyone

Erika Mann:Hi everyone! Happy New Year!

Ching Chiao:Please note that I am on Adobe room only

Julie Bisland:no dial out needed, CHing?

Marilyn Cade:Thanks, Julie. Happy New year to all colleagues, as this is our first call in 2018!

Julf Helsingius:Happy New Year!

Ching Chiao:yes that would be helpful but I will not speak much due to flu

Julf Helsingius:I will also be adobe only, no voice (due to very noisy environment)

Maarten Botterman:happy New Year from Amsterdam

Marilyn Cade:Thanks to the staff for the reminder about SOI updates. I love it and if you can forward this to me separately, I'll post to the CCWG - IG and also the BC lists.

Becky Burr:good morning from DC

Vanda Scartezini:sorry a bit late

Vanda Scartezini:back in Brazil

Judith hellerstein:hi all, good morning, good afternoon to all

Marika Konings:In response to Kavouss's question: Small group of volunteers included: Marilyn Cade, Sylvia Cadena, Mei Lin Fung, Vanda Scartezini, Daniel Dardailler, Olga Cavalli, in addition to the CCWG Chairs (Erika, Ching)

Carolina Caeiro:Hi all

Kavouss Arasteh:I suggest that those who identified these entity should be available to us as a matter of transparency

Carolina Caeiro:will the document be available on google doc form or are we supposed to add comments into the word doc?

Carolina Caeiro:I have 4 names to provide

Erika Mann:Some people prefer Google doc, others prefer Word doc ... typically you can use both formats, but maybe staff likes to answer

Marilyn Cade:We have been gathering names now for quite a long time. Carolina, are these proposed names in areas that bring in some expertise we don't yet have noinated?

Carolina Caeiro:Marilyn, it is not new organizations

Carolina Caeiro:but names for organizations that do not have a contact identified

Marilyn Cade:oh, great, some contacts, which we really need!

Carolina Caeiro:yes, contacts, that is what I meant to say

Kavouss Arasteh:EARIKA, it is necessary to have geographical diversity due to the differernt nature of the potential applications from different parts of the world

Sebastien (ALAC):Can we have the list of the suggested names not keep for followup by the "small group"?

Erika Mann:Dear Kavouss - absolutely. We tried to do this and we will review if we succeeded in doing this.

Carolina Caeiro:I have contacts for IDRC; SIDA; Omidyar Network; I can help with HIVOS and obviously, names for LACNIC and grants programs at the other RIRs as well

Glenn McKnight:What comes to mind is the Association of Professional Fundraisers

https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=http-3A-www.afpnet.org-amp-d=DwIFaQ&c=FmY1u3PJp6wrcrwlI3mSVzgfkbPSS6sJms7xcl4I5cM&r=Qif-05YzARosRvTYd84AB_UYInlydmFcjNmBM5XgySw&m=Z2P5rcnR4VmLMNqH17D18Vn_zgtLXz3PoqlcdsQe4Ho&s=Ce0Dy71neAbNwD4txM_RyHWHm5VqBHu-45nbVfjMPWk&e= might have some standards

Stephanie Perrin:Apologies for being late

Marilyn Cade:Remember we are learning from these contacts. We are asking them to provide factual information. Only. Carolina, great !

Erika Mann:@Glenn - do you have a name you can recommend?

Erika Mann:@Carolina - if you can put forward these names, this would be marvelous.

Kavouss Arasteh:Erika, pls kindly reply to my question raised above

Glenn McKnight:Erika i will get back to you on AFPNET

Kavouss Arasteh:IS THERE ANY COST FORESEEN AT THIS STAGE OF INTERVIEWING

Kavouss Arasteh:Sorry for cap

Glenn McKnight:@Erica here is the contact 4300 Wilson Blvd, Suite 300, Arlington, VA 22203 • 703-684-0410 | 800-666-3863

Erika Mann:Kavouss, I replied, but maybe not sufficient. We looked for different levels of diversity. 1) are organizations located in different parts of the world and 2) do they have organizations operating only locally or do they have a global outreach

Erika Mann:@Glenn, do you know a person there?

Kavouss Arasteh:There should be a geographically balanced expert avoiding one or few countries dominating the process

Glenn McKnight:Lee Anne Pirrello, CASE extension 460

Glenn McKnight:Toll Free 800/666-3863 Phone 703/684-0410

Glenn McKnight:their motto Association of Fundraising Professionals Advancing Philanthropy through Education, Training and Advocacy

Glenn McKnight:I provided a name

Glenn McKnight:Lee Anne Pirrello

Marika Konings:Glenn, do you also have an email address as the plan is to send the questions out via email.

Glenn McKnight:one sec

Marika Konings:@Carolina - please send me the contacts you referenced off-list so we can add it to our list. Thank you!

Glenn McKnight:leeapirrello@afpnet.org

Peter Vergote:Tx to the subgroup. I think this is already a very valuable reference document. I'll send in a suggestion by mail later today. It's about a Belgian nfp organisation that has quite a bit of understanding of our industry and their experiences might be very useful to this group as well.

Judith Hellerstein 2:I lost Marilyn

Erika Mann:@Glenn, thank you!

Maureen Hilyard:@Marilyn, I think that that would cover Kavouss's concern - although an attempt to get a balance, this is not identified clearly and thus causes concern

Marilyn Cade:Kavouss is from Iran. He participates in a personal capacity.

Marilyn Cade:as I do, and I cannot predict if a client of mine might apply in the future.

Marilyn Cade:For today, I think that our declaration statements which are different from the SOI. then we just all commit to update as things change.

Erika Mann:Peter - please

Vanda Scartezini:alan's points are quite relevant to have clear before any expert's response

Hadia Elminiawi:agree with Vanda

Vanda Scartezini:BNDES IN case of Brazil do not need fund for projects but they can help in distribute funds in the region for instance.

Carolina Caeiro:+ 1 Peter

Marilyn Cade:We are trying to learn. Not to decide who then gets to apply.

Vanda Scartezini:yes, Alan, reason why I mention about BNDES above.

Vanda Scartezini:BNDES can share funds with us to specific projects in this region

Ching Chiao:I am a bit confused what is the focus of discussion here. Are we more concerned about if these recommended org are qualified enough to help us, or if they need to pass our COI exam before contributing to our work?

Marilyn Cade:I support Erika's proposal. providing input which educates us. but does not preclude a future application.

Marilyn Cade:we want people who can educate us? Or we want to exclude those who can provide factual information?

Alan Greenberg:@Ching, I thought the latter was the issue.

Marilyn Cade:Create a two phased approach.

Marilyn Cade:No one will know that they want to apply, as we do not even know the criteria that will be established.

Peter Vergote:I'm also in favor of Erica's suggestion going forward. We should not exclude them for future application mechanisms + with seeking advice from Sam first, we get some legal scrutiny that we don't do something that could bring us into problems

Vanda Scartezini:+ 1 Peter

Ching Chiao:Thanks Alan. I thought the prior point is worthy to talk about than the latter . COI issue -- just adopt the same COI criteria

Carolina Caeiro:I am fine with a DoI

Carolina Caeiro:as proposed by Erika

Vanda Scartezini:+ 1 marilyn - important part is learning now.

Maureen Hilyard:I think that it is important we continue to seek advice from the experts who have been suggested from all of these organisations and get their answers from which we can assess what will help us to address the criteria that will help us achieve our objectives

Alan Greenberg:Remember, most of the people we are going to speak to are not likely authorized to speak formally on behalf of their organization. And organizations may have changed their positions over time (based on their respective Boards or governments)

Marilyn Cade:Not sure I agree Alan, as if they commit to speak, they will speak for their organization as merely informational.

Marilyn Cade:Yes, but boards do not change over night.

Glenn McKnight:+1 this is why I suggest the names earlier

Alan Greenberg:It is not only if they will apply for funds, but whether we would consider them as a sub-contractor to administer the funds (if we choose that model). We do not want to exclude the best such group because we chose to ask them for advice.

Carolina Caeiro:Of course Erika!

Sebastien (ALAC):Can't we have an open request for comments / Advice for all the experts who would like to answer?

Sebastien (ALAC):Not only the one listed by us?

Hadia Elminiawi:+1 Sebastien

Vanda Scartezini:no I can believe it is quite clear

Vanda Scartezini:Sebastien, we need to get feedback from all specific questions, if open we may not get feedback from all questions we want to. majority for instance, can answer just a group of those questions more common to all groups.

Kavouss Arasteh:Erika, the small group is kindly requested to take into account discussion and comments made verbally or in the chat room

Stephanie Perrin:We need to target our questions to experts. An open comment would not yield good results in my view, unless we do outreach to seek informed comments. We have a bit of a dearth of expertise in our community on this topic.

Sebastien (ALAC):Why can't we do both?

Marilyn Cade:I do think that we should put our proposed public event on the work plan, as otherwise, some of us may have developing conflicts for the public "town hall".

Stephanie Perrin:Sure we can do both, did not mean to imply we could not, but I don't think we should expect much.

Vanda Scartezini:thank you all !

Sebastien (ALAC):Sometime little is very useful ;)

Marika Konings:so to confirm, proposed meeting slots are Sunday 11 March from 17.00 - 18.30 and Thursday 15 March from 8.30 - 10.15.

Judith Hellerstein 2:Thanks Marika

Vanda Scartezini:I need to leave. till next week.

judith hellerstein 2:Bye all

Nadifra Al-Araj:thank you

Ching Chiao:Thank you Erika, Thanks everyone!

Tripti Sinha:Thank you

Carolina Caeiro:Bye bye!

Joke Braeken:thank you all. Bye

Peter Vergote:Thank you and bye all

Maarten Botterman:Thanks

Julf Helsingius:Thanks and bye!