

Yvette Guigneaux: (10/2/2017 15:55) Hi All and Welcome SSR2 Review Team Plenary | Meeting #31 | Tuesday, 03 October 2017 @ 21:00 UTC!

Bernard Turcotte - ICANN: (10/3/2017 14:00) hello all

Kaveh Ranjbar: (14:02) I don't have any audio, is some one speaking?

Yvette Guigneaux: (14:03) no Kaveh, and we heard you

Kaveh Ranjbar: (14:03) Thank you :)

Yvette Guigneaux: (14:03) you are welcome =)

Eric Osterweil: (14:03) I'm giving a few inutes for people to join before starting

James Gannon: (14:06) Can hear you both fine

Zarko: (14:07) Hi all

Alice Jansen: (14:08) You all have scroll control

Denise Michel: (14:09) Could everyone please mute their microphones when not talking

Jennifer Bryce: (14:09) We have individual control it seems

Yvette Guigneaux: (14:10) just fixed that - all should be on page 12 - red print - performance security (scope)

Eric Osterweil: (14:16) we hear you

Yvette Guigneaux: (14:16) would the 202# and the 613# kindly identify for the record?

Kerry Ann: (14:17) we have not as yet

Yvette Guigneaux: (14:17) Kerry-Ann, you are cutting in and out

Kerry Ann: (14:17) we wanted to get feedback first

Yvette Guigneaux: (14:20) reminder to all for best audio results - please dial into the Adobe Room - numbers may be found on the invites sent out

Denise Michel: (14:21) @Steve - thanks for the useful comments

James Gannon: (14:23) good for me

Denise Michel: (14:24) @ Kerry-Ann sounds like a good idea

Yvette Guigneaux: (14:27) Also please note the easiest audio option - when you log into the AC Room, type in your number and it will dial out to you

James Gannon: (14:27) For IANA we adopted the work plan as circulated

Jennifer Bryce: (14:27) I think we will need to explore

Don Blumenthal: (14:28) My network, my rules. ðŸŒŸ

Kerry Ann 2: (14:28) I'll also try my personal machine but im flexible

Steve Conte: (14:28) I understand that there may be a similar challenge in another review team going on, but I don't know if they've come to a solution or what it is

Jennifer Bryce: (14:29) Invites coming to the RT shortly

Kaveh Ranjbar: (14:31) It has not yet reached me but as soon as I get it I will do my best to make this happen.

James Gannon: (14:31) A reminder that I wont be in Abu Dhabi unfortunately

Kaveh Ranjbar: (14:32) Yes, as agreed I will make sure there is remote participation, if we manage to arrange a session.

James Gannon: (14:32) :-)

Kaveh Ranjbar: (14:32) :)

Kerry Ann: (14:33) me either

Kaveh Ranjbar: (14:34) Thank you

Kaveh Ranjbar: (14:34) will keep you posted

Denise Michel: (14:35) @Staff - could you please follow-up with Kaveh and rest of Board members involved to help get a meeting scheduled at ICANN 60?

Denise Michel: (14:35) And thank you, Kaveh, for assisting with this

Kaveh Ranjbar: (14:35) sorry, old hand.

Kaveh Ranjbar: (14:36) Please. Literally doing my job :)

James Gannon: (14:37) *dreams of a day when one gets paid for this*

Denise Michel: (14:37) is the joy of working on SSR not enough for you? ;)

James Gannon: (14:37) No comment =)

Kerry Ann: (14:39) it is lol Denise my boss has called so I must be at her behest

James Gannon: (14:40) That would be my understanding also Denise

Denise Michel: (14:41) @Eric - good point

Jennifer Bryce: (14:43) https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=https-3A_community.icann.org_display_SSR_Legal-2BDocuments&d=DwIFaQ&c=FmY1u3PJp6wrcrwl3mSVzgfkbPSS6sJms7xcl4I5cM&r=xjNMRR-

https://www.zoom.us/j/819b99LMma0Z0a61t20HzxQJE8bQ_O_jiVeEI&s=0zM5mnrth_bSmlN9Nf16_hcWV-YF4V_eL-Gq2W0mVto&e=

James Gannon: (14:43) I will be signing it this week for the record, just need to find time to print and scan it.

James Gannon: (14:44) Lost you KerryAnn

Kaveh Ranjbar: (14:44) Kerry Ann, I can not hear you

Kaveh Ranjbar: (14:45) could you please kindly type in if possible?

Kerry Ann: (14:45) typing

Kaveh Ranjbar: (14:45) Thank you very much

Kerry Ann: (14:46) I was wondering if there is any merit in sitting down with board and legal to come to a compromise with going forward given we finalized the NDA mid way.

Kerry Ann: (14:46) this takes into account the understanding that we do know that the confidential framework applies

Kaveh Ranjbar: (14:47) Good point, but was that the only agenda item proposed by the SSR2 for the meeting with the board?

Kerry Ann: (14:47) always a point as we continue

Kerry Ann: (14:47) not sure kaveh

James Gannon: (14:48) I suspect the board feedback to the ICANN SSR sug group will be a topic also

Kaveh Ranjbar: (14:48) because you are right, it might not be relevant by the time we are in Abu Dhabi

James Gannon: (14:48) And the boards concerns over the timelines and workplan also I think

Kerry Ann: (14:48) but deal with this definitively once and for all

Kaveh Ranjbar: (14:48) yes

Kaveh Ranjbar: (14:49) so I have asked the board and board operations for the meeting slot

Kerry Ann: (14:49) a lot of time expended on this and the team has really good nominees and again please don't forget it affects observers to some meetings

Kaveh Ranjbar: (14:49) as soon as that is confirmed, I will send email to both groups to collect agenda items

James Gannon: (14:51) can we discuss the board response to the ICANN SSR subgroup

Kaveh Ranjbar: (14:51) my personal take is: this is a bylaws issue (based on ICANN Bylaws - Section 4.6 (a)(vi)(A) Confidential Disclosure to Review Teams) and should be fixed at bylaws level.

Denise Michel: (14:52) @Kaveh - my understanding of the focus of the ICANN 60 meeting with Board/caucus was to address the topic you previously raised about a majority of items in the SSR ICANN Subgroup are out of scope (in some Board members' opinion)

Eric Osterweil: (14:53) yes

James Gannon: (14:53) Nope lost you KA

Kaveh Ranjbar: (14:53) @Denise Sure can be a good agenda item. It is not some board members opinion though, it is board's position and the letter represents full board's position.

Don Blumenthal: (14:53) Norm, signing NDA can create conflict between obligations to RT and needs to employee.

Don Blumenthal: (14:54) needs of employer

Denise Michel: (14:54) @Kaveh thanks for clarifying. Hoping we'll get the letter soon?

Kerry Ann: (14:54) I hope you heard

Kaveh Ranjbar: (14:54) I sent it to the list before the meeting @Denise

Denise Michel: (14:54) great. thanks

Denise Michel: (14:54) o

Kaveh Ranjbar: (14:54) It will be send through official board correspondance soon but it has been sent to the list

Don Blumenthal: (14:55) sorry. forgot Norm is audio only.

Kerry Ann: (14:58) I agree with James that we need to discuss this a little more

Kerry Ann: (14:58) maybe another call this week

Kerry Ann: (14:58) but m

Kerry Ann: (14:58) but needs to be explored some more

James Gannon: (14:59) May I reply?

Geoff H: (14:59) FOr the record I support the Board's position and the sentiments expressed in the letter

Eric Osterweil: (14:59) srry James, I shoudl I have grabbed you first

Eric Osterweil: (15:00) next for sure, srry

James Gannon: (15:00) =)

James Gannon: (15:04) Agree Eric, particularly with the new shared services arrangement with PTI for critical services

James Gannon: (15:04) Midnight being the operative hour =)

Eric Osterweil: (15:04) ugh, sorry man :)

James Gannon: (15:04) Kaveh I will take that as an action

James Gannon: (15:06) Thats a rather massive statemtent Kaveh.

Denise Michel: (15:06) The cochairs will draft a response

Kaveh Ranjbar: (15:06) Yes James.

Denise Michel: (15:06) and coordinate w/ team

Kaveh Ranjbar: (15:06) You are refring to board's resp. regarding org's operations?

Kerry Ann: (15:07) have a good one everyone

James Gannon: (15:07) w/r/t the RTs yes

Mr. Matogoro: (15:07) bye

Mr. Matogoro: (15:07) thanks

Kaveh Ranjbar: (15:07) Agreed

Kaveh Ranjbar: (15:07) and thanks

Bernard Turcotte - ICANN: (15:07) bye all