
YESIM NAZLAR: -- AFRALO and Martiza is here from LACRALO.

SATISH BABU: Okay, let them start.

YESIM NAZLAR: Let's please first of all start our recording and our interpretation as well. Good morning, good afternoon and good evening everyone. Welcome to the At Large Regional Leadership calling place on Tuesday, 15th of August 2017 at 14:30 UTC. On our call today on the English Channel we have Olivier Crepin-Leblond, Wolf Ludwig, Sarah Kiden, Satish Babu, Ali AlMeshal, Glenn McKnight and Judith Hellerstein. On the Spanish Channel we have Maritza Aguero and Aida Noblia. Currently we don't have anyone on our French Channel. We haven't received any apologies so far.

And on staff we have Heidi Ullrich, Silvia Vivanco and myself, Yesim Nazlar. And before we start I would like to remind everyone to state their names before speaking not only for the transcription purposes but also the interpretation purposes as well. And now I would like to leave the floor back to you, Satish. Thank you very much.

SATISH BABU: Thank you, Yesim. Satish Babu for the record. Good morning, good afternoon and good evening and welcome to this call. Now, to discuss summary that the host region chairs the secretary process before every

Note: The following is the output resulting from transcribing an audio file into a word/text document. Although the transcription is largely accurate, in some cases may be incomplete or inaccurate due to inaudible passages and grammatical corrections. It is posted as an aid to the original audio file, but should not be treated as an authoritative record.

meeting and this includes several calls and also the sessions at the meeting itself. [Inaudible] I chair of course the APRALO which is the host RALO for the next meeting at Abu Dhabi. This meeting will take stock of several important policy and non-policy initiatives for the Abu Dhabi meetings. Since we have Spanish translation we will need to speak slowly for the translators.

We also know that the agenda might require a little bit of reordering because Olivier was supposed to be and then I can because next that's number three, is actually -- he's on the call but he's delayed slightly and he's requested that we move that item down to number six. Therefore we will start with the present agenda item number four which is Developing Criteria for the Financial Additional Funding Request for RALO Funding for Outreach. So if Heide's ready, over to you, Heidi.

HEIDI ULLRICH:

Yes, thank you very much Satish. Hello, everyone. As many of you, we spoke the chairs, spoke in Johannesburg about this 18 additional budget requests and the next steps on this. This is a continuation from last year's additional budgets where there was \$10,000 available for the RALO's, approximately \$2,000 a piece for activities having to do with outreach and engagement.

That includes such activities as holding an ALS readout session following and ICANN meeting or holding an event where you are talking about ICANN related activities or at large related activities. It could cover such things as catering, as promotional items, but cannot be produced

by our communications department, it might be room space activities. So those are the sorts of activities that this could cover.

Last year I think only one request was put in and that was actually covered by another means. This is an under used activity. So far this year we've had one request for NARALO for \$1,500 for an activity having do on the sidelines of an ARIN meeting. Again this goes from now until June 30th. What is required, two things, first off because this year rather be a see who is going to be the people approving it, it will be Silvia and myself.

What we would like to do in order to ensure that there is transparency in this activity as well a record that allows ICANN to consider it for another [inaudible] next year, what were hoping is that all of you will help develop the criteria that Silvia and I will be looking at when we look at the requests coming in for this activity. So far we've had NARALO draft some criteria and what we're looking for is that other people, other groups consider NARALO's draft criteria, perhaps add to it and then eventually and the sooner the better, but we can use these as requests come in, approve each criteria. That is one activity is the criteria, that is one requirement.

The other initial requirement actually is the RALO request form that is on the space, I'm gonna put it into the chat room and this is something that everyone, every member of At-Large has to complete and submit to Silvia and myself. The minimum requirement is that the request is submitted within three weeks, at least three weeks in advance of the activity that is being requested for coverage.

So again, main criteria are that the RALO request form is submitted within at least three weeks in advance of the event as well as that this group finalizes the criteria that Silvia and I will be using to assess each of these requests. So those are the two main requirements. What Silvia and I are also asking is that we add each of the requests that are submitted to this page that I've just put into the chat, and we update this box at the bottom of the page that talks about which RALO it was, the day it was submitted, the date of the event, was it within the three weeks, who submitted it, what the purpose is, the proposal itself, the amount being requested and then the status.

We're also going to add to this table is the follow-up report. In speaking with ICANN staff who look at the additional budget requests each year they would like to see more of a record of what these requests, when approved actually produced. For example we've been in touch with Eduardo for his reception that working reception and he will be sending a report, he will be sending some photos and that will produce a nice record of what was actually achieved by that event and hopefully all of the other events that will be using during this fiscal year. First off any questions?

SATISH BABU:

Thank you, Heidi. Satish for the record. I have a question. Is this funding for the RALO itself or for ALS's or both?

HEIDI ULLRICH:

It is both actually. So primarily in the past it's been the ALS's and we're hoping that as you and the leadership, once you promote this

throughout your regions that you ask them to go work with you as a leadership and then submit this. What we're also hoping is that, again as you as a region leadership will determine and will guide Silvia and I in determining how we're going to be using these funds.

The criteria will be a key part. Another part is what happens if on the 2nd of July we receive a request for \$2000 that basically is the allotment of each particular RALO per year. Do we go ahead and consider that and then there's nothing left for the end of the year. So that's another requirement or guidance that Silvia and I would like to have.

SATISH BABU: Right. Are there any questions now? I understand that there is a cap of \$2,000 for RALO, is that right?

HEIDI ULLRICH: Yes, approximately yes. Again, if we're getting towards the end of the fiscal year and we're not hearing from a RALO yet, then we might open that up to another RALO who's put in a request.

SATISH BABU: Right, I see Maritza has raised her hand. Maritza, please go ahead.

MARITZA AGUERO: With respect to the follow-up report that has been mentioned, the follow-up report is after the meeting and imply that they maybe consider giving if Y18 that is my question, thank you very much.

HEIDI ULLRICH: Yes, Maritza, this is Heidi, thank you for your question. Yes, this report would be a post meeting. Again it is for our records so we can have a record of all these events that were funded by this process so we can request either through a fiscal year additional budget requests or even internally request that this fund is continued during the next fiscal year excreta. Again, similar to the CROPP process where we also request a follow-up report and in a way this request was seen as being complimentary to the CROPP because if there's for a example is a need for a CROPP request to have funds for a booth excreta then that maybe be requested as well.

SATISH BABU: Thank you Heidi, I see Maritza has raised her hand for a follow-up question and then Glenn. Over to you, Maritza.

MARITZA AGUERO: Maritza speaking. Just to be more specific, I wanted to know which is the line for this, I need a specific deadline.

HEIDI ULLRICH: Thank you, Maritza.

SILVIA VIVANCO: Thank you Heidi, this is Silvia. Maritza as Heidi we basically have the funds already available and the idea is that these funds are available

throughout the fiscal year. There is no specific deadline that we would like to request that you present it at least three weeks in advance, at least. Ideally I would say one month so we can organize what is required to be funded.

SATISH BABU: Thank you, Silvia. If I understood the question, the deadline for the application and is there a deadline for the report as well?

HEIDI ULLRICH: Sorry Silvia, I would like to have anything in advance of let's say end of January, which is the period that the fiscal year requests are considered. It would be nice to have the reports in for events for this calendar year by then so we can contribute those to the consideration of the next year's fiscal year request. After that it would likely be the end of the fiscal year is fine.

SATISH BABU: Yeah, please go ahead.

HEIDI ULLRICH: This is Heidi again. I did see Sarah's note, we can inform our RALO's and ALS's, absolutely please do. We would like to have this taken up, this funds taken up this year. Again last year it really wasn't used at all. In order to ensure that this is continued, first off that it's useful we would like you to use it and secondly to continue the program we need

to show evidence that it is being, there 's a need for this, a request.
Okay, go ahead I see Glenn has his hand raised or he did.

SATISH BABU: Glenn can go ahead.

GLENN MCKNIGHT: It's Glenn here for the record. In our case the was request was, and I thank Heidi and Silvia to act on it so quickly, it came very short notice because of the error on the event that's being done in Puerto Rico being done by ISOC Puerto Rico. It's very important relationship that we have because of the MOU.

If you recall we did our general assembly with the RER ARIN and will have people going as part of CROPP trip in October we selected our person yesterday that will going to that and other people will be going as fellows as well. It's a critical piece of the process, but I also want to point of and I know reports are good but Silvia and I chatted yesterday about Twitter posts and Facebook posts and pictures and getting to the staff some really nice pictures and some nice little information and tagging ICANN and tagging the appreciation of this support. I think we can't under mind the importance of social media and this process.

I just want to stress again, please take the effort to do a flattering picture of the speakers, not just their heads down, if you need a little bit of coaching on how to do a good picture you can rely on me to give some information. So again, I appreciate it so, we will be promoting

this like crazy. If anybody wants any coaching or help on how we approach this application I'm happy to talk to you. Back to you, Satish.

SATISH BABU: Thank you, Glenn. Heidi and then I have a question also.

HEIDI ULLRICH: Thank you very much, Satish. I want to stress that this request is not to be used for travel. Again, we need to distinguish between the CROPP, which can be used for travel and I know that there's a request coming from NARALO Glenn and Judith from Sarah, Suzanna for some train travel to an ARIN event, but again, I would suggest having that go through CROPP and see if can adjust the CROPP to handle those various train tickets verse one flight ticket or something. This is not the area for travel. Thank you.

SATISH BABU: Thank you, Heidi. We'll have Judith and Sarah in the cue, I will dock my question for the time being. Judith, please go ahead.

JUDITH: Yes, this Judith for the record. Heidi but on the question that we can't really do that because we picked our CROPP person and the CROPP fund, unless we could add an additional train fare because our CROPP person has flight, hotel and per diem already and do we add that, do we increase the amount of funding? How, we can't really figure out how to that and or do we ask GSE for some funding? The train fare doesn't

really, it's not, it doesn't really fit in any place? Maybe you can give us some guidance.

HEIDI ULLRICH:

Yeah, this is Heidi. Thanks for that. I do note that it does say local travel. My thoughts on that was that it was bus or something. Let me follow-up with the internal staff on that and how that would fit with this request. I know that it is coming up, so I would like to get clarity on that. But again we had a request recently for flight and hotel and we said no this does not cover that, so that you're aware, it does not cover flights and accommodation as the CROPP does. Thank you.

JUDITH:

Right and Heidi and it's clear but the problem is we only have five slots and if we use up one slot for something that is less than \$100 that doesn't seem to worth it and so that's what we were looking for, some guidance on how not to use a slot.

HEIDI ULLRICH:

Yeah, I understand. Let me follow-up with Rob on that. With the current staff working on that.

SATISH BABU:

Thank you, Heidi, and thank you Judith for the question. So mine for the time, I had a question regarding the alignment of this funding with the strategy plan. Now, RALO putting in an application we can expect that, Satish for the record by the way, there should be an alignment

with strategy plan already submitted but if ALS is putting up a request then they will not be any link with the strategy plan because we haven't consulted a RALO why preparing the strategy plan so I hope this is okay.

HEIDI ULLRICH: So Satish, so just to clarify, you're saying that you do not wish this the criteria to include it being in alignment with the strategic planning or you do wish it to?

SATISH BABU: What I'm saying is for the RALO's it should be aligned but for ALS's funding requests, there will not be such alignment because you don't consult the ALS's while preparing the plan and ALS's do not have opportunity to submit there -- when ALS has the money it will be a completely new program and I hope --

HEIDI ULLRICH: So I would think that you as the regional leader as you promote this within your region that you would tell the ALS's that firstly to work with you so A you're aware of it and B that you can guide them and that it actually would look at the RALO's strategic plan. I mean the RALO's strategic outreach plan is suppose to include the ALS's, I would think. I would suggest that we actually do add to the criteria here, the draft criteria, that it is within alignment with the RALO's strategic plan. That would encourage the ALS to work with you as well. I'm not sure what the others think.

SATISH BABU: The number of ALS's manageable, I suppose that is possible. We have about 53 ALS's now often about 40, 42 active and it's not so easy and we have not been doing it in the past. Meaning taking their inputs and moving into the strategy plan. That will have to be then another step from next year onwards. Okay so mindful of the time. Ali I see you hand up, please go ahead.

ALI ALMESHAL: Thanks, Satish. This is Ali AlMeshal for the record. I just want to comment on the last point in discussion right now, the one from Heidi. I think including the funds to be a part of the strategy plan would be a good idea, but on the other side there will be some limitations. Therefore I would not recommend to have this specific mention in the strategy plan and we can put it as an opening statement because the requirements to use this fund is what [inaudible] or from RALO to RALO because there might be some activity or requirement that neither RALO or ALS's are aware of so later on we smart to need it. I would recommend to clearly specify the use of the funds in the strategy plan.

We can just put it as a line that this an open fund to be used by the RALO's themselves. To be used the RALO's themselves or to be used by the ALS's based on the evaluation of the RALO leadership if it is by ALS or even by the, if it was used by RALO themselves because I we are restricting this up and putting it as a specific point then we are limiting ourselves. Thank you.

HEIDI ULLRICH:

So Ali, I have a little difficulty with your audio but again I would hope that you're going to work with your ALS's on this. Again, if you wish, I mean that particularly APRALO, you have a very strong leadership team including your ALAC member, I know that you plan activities significantly in advance.

This is something that you could use for outreach activities, you could contribute to your local or regional IGF if you wanted to have a booth, something like that. The money is going to go relatively quickly. \$2,000 does not go very far and I don't expect to get 20 requests for \$200 a piece come from your RALO's. Again, I would stress that at least this year that we try to limit the number of activities and make them strategically important rather than having a free for all. Thank you.

SATISH BABU:

Ali, you have a follow-up.

ALI ALMESHAL:

Yes, this is Ali for the record. Just a quick comment. I do agree to have this part of the strategic plan but I would say let's not limit to a specific activity because there are so many things that can be done and so many things that we are not aware of and that we want to use. Putting it in the specific line, then there's going to be too difficult for us to use it. I have no objection on having it part of the strategic but we can put it as if need to an ALS or the RALO themselves. Thank you.

HEIDI ULLRICH: Okay. So just to follow-up. Do we have agreement that we can add criteria that it needs to be in alignment with the RALO's strategic outreach plans and will add each of those links to the application process? And then we'll leave it to you to promote within your region and will go from there. Okay, I'm seeing some yes's. Okay, so it looks like we getting -- and I see some check marks.

Okay so yes but not in specific, okay. What we'll do is as an action item is that Silvia and I will add that to the application process. We'll show it to you and then we will work on an announcement that we can send to the RALO's to announce this plan. Okay. And I would ask on your next monthly call that you add a point to your agendas about this as well. Okay, and I think Olivier has his hand raised.

SATISH BABU: Olivier, please go ahead.

OLIVIER CREPIN-LEBLOND: Thank you very much, Satish. Olivier Crepin-Leblond speaking. Glad to say that I'm not able to speak and take fully part in the discussion which I was following but I was in a very noisy place. Just on this point, I think it's really worth noting that in all cases we do need to align ourselves with strategic plan for the region. This is money that comes from ICANN and ICAN circles certainly needs to benchmark and be shown as to promoting the ICANN activities and the work that is done by ICANN.

If it doesn't align with the strategic plan then becomes a problem on the financial side of ICANN, not in that large, not in RALO's but in ICANN

finance. With the community powers being what they are these days and having to show alignment with all sorts of factors for every penny spent. I think it's a wise thing to align with the strategic plan so that we don't end up falling fowl of these rules and ending up not receiving the money in the future. Thank you.

SATISH BABU: Thank you Olivier, Satish for the record. I think it is agreed that alignment should exist. We also agree that we announce this program in our monthly calls next month onwards. Are there any final comments on this program? I see no hands. Olivier are now ready with the next -- okay, Olivier has raised his hand again, please go ahead.

OLIVIER CREPIN-LEBLOND: Thanks Satish, it's Olivier Crepin-Leblond speaking. I was going to add one last thing before we move on. At any At-Large structures are dissatisfied with the RALO's strategic plan, I think that's incentive for them to be involved in next year's strategic plan for acting and hopefully will have more volunteers to take an active part in drafting those plans. At the end of the day there meant to sever our communities so it's for our committee to build and that's my last word of this, thank you.

SATISH BABU: Thanks, Olivier. Okay, Olivier's back we can now pick up item number three, the at large review. Are you ready Olivier? If so please go ahead.

OLIVIER CREPIN-LEBLOND: Thank you very much Satish, Olivier Crepin-Leblond speaking. I asked for a little bit of time on our RALO call because you might of seen a number of requests that have been sent out for input in the At-Large review feasibility assessment and implementation plan. Just as a quick summary, the At-Large Review started quite a while ago with a contractor being mandated to perform the review, they came up with a set of recommendations.

Some recommendations were actually quite good recommendations and I think that there was a good agreement in our community to meet with them. Other recommendations were less well received and this shown quite obviously during the period of public comments that was shared a few months ago, I think it was earlier this year where there were two statements drafted. One statement drafted by the ALAC, one statement drafted by the RALO's and with a significant amount of input from At-Large structures on the one side and from ALAC members on the other side. We've now moved on.

The contractors have published their final plan, taking into account, or not taking into account in some cases, the points that we had made. Obviously they took points that other communities also made as well. They released their final draft, that was sent over in the process. The next stage really is for the boards to look at this draft and to then turn to us and to find out what we are going to do about it. This feasibility assessment and implementation plan is the next steps. Taking the recommendations that were made by the contractors and basically saying whether we want to proceed forward with them or not proceed forward them. Whether the At-Large community agrees or does not agree with them.

The working group, the task force, sorry the work party, I struggled to find the exact name but the At-Large Review Working Party is consisting of members of all the different region At-Large organizations. You've all selected people to be your representatives on there and the idea is really for anyone At-Large structures, they have points of view or comments to send those comments to their representative in their RALO for these representatives to then bring the inputs straight into the work party. This system has, I would say worked quite well with a lot of input being received and a small group performing the edits now. We really are at the end of a very long process. Maybe not the end because of course we will then need to go through implementation. But we are in this implementation plan part.

It's not like the plan can make any major changes to the points that we are making. The core input to these recommendations with again taken from both RALO input on the one side and ALAC input on the other side. The reason why I wanted to have some time with you all today was to gather your feedback as to what your members are saying in your region and if you have had time and I hope that you have had the time to scope through the documents. Whether there is anything that strikes you as not being included in our response. The ALAC response now that we have included as RALO's in our response back when we had that public comment. I don't think we think we have time to go through all the recommendations.

I was just going to mention just a format that we have here. Each recommendation is now in a table. There is a short summary of the issue identified but the independent examiner of the contract and then further down it basically whether the ALAC is ready to support this or

not support this, if not providing a reasoning why not, if not supporting perhaps providing an alternative. The board often has some kind of irritation when they receive advise which basically says don't do this but no alternative is then given to do instead so that's why this is included in there.

Then there's prioritization and more general comments and an explanation of the ALAC and the RALO thinking. You'll notice there's still comments in there, the document is not clean and that's normal, it's a working document. Out schedule though is very, very tight. By the end of this week, we need to have all the input, gathered all the input from all the ALS's, from all the RALO's, from all of you so as to be able to finalize it and basically make a final one in time for ALAC to vote on it, I would believe it next week that they're going to vote on it.

They will first discuss it during the ALAC call, then they'll have a vote, they'll ratify it and that then needs to go over to the board. The board governance committee will then look at this, if board structural improvements committee I think it's called now, will then look at these and will look at providing either an answer or voting the next steps if you want during the meeting, the forthcoming ICANN 60th meeting in Abu Dhabi. So it's a short timeline.

Of course, the board needs to have its time to do its deliberations. And the reason why we wanted to finish, or at least have the board agree or being in agreement with the board as to what the next steps were until the Abu Dhabi meeting, is because there are going to be quite a few changes on the board at the AGM with new members coming in, with some members of the board leaving, and especially on the board's

Structural Improvements Committee. And that might have completely delayed the whole process by quite a few months, and perhaps even more so with an outcome that might not be in the same light as the one that we currently have. I'd say that's it. I'm not sure if I want to go through all of the recommendations.

I did email you all earlier, a few days ago, and asked that we conduct maybe a discussion here. So it probably is better, rather than me boring you all to death, to actually open the floor and ask whether there are any specific points that you have noticed. And reiterating my question, any specific points where you have noticed the RALO's positions have not been carried. And any other comments you might have on this, of course.

And I note that we don't have anyone on the call from the work party, I'm not sure we do. I was going to ask if anyone else from the work party wanted to say a few words on this. So, whilst you're gathering your thoughts, and I do hope that we'll get an avalanche of questions in a moment, I was just going to remind you, there will also be a webinar tomorrow for all of the At-Large Structures—and apologies for the short notice, of course, all of that due to the time line—with a whole summary of what we've done.

So, tomorrow we'll have a bit of a presentation as to what the process was to reach where we are, what the important recommendations when it comes to the RALOs, the important recommendations when it comes to the ALAC. Needless to say, one of the main subjects of discourse was actually the complete change of the current membership model which was proposed as an EMM, an Expanded Membership

Model, or Enabled Membership Model, I can't even remember the actual name for it. But where basically you would do away with or reduce the emphasis on At-Large Structures and focus a lot more on end users.

And I gather, of course, with all these recommendations there were some that were looking at several facets of the thing, of a topic, and one problem being that, yes, the RALOs are now focusing on individual members, and on boosting individual members as well, by offering the ability to have individual members. I think that there might probably be one or two RALOs working it out. But we're going in that direction.

And yet there was some real push back that we felt in the doing away with the At-Large Structures, because that's effectively what it was saying. Saying, you know, we'll basically push aside the At-Large Structures, put individual members in charge, and then give them a vote, so you'd end up with individual members, each member having the same vote as an ALS. And there was a lot of emphasis on voting also on these reports, which of course is completely contrary to the way that we usually do things, which is, we usually try and find consensus first and voting is just there for ratification of things, and there's so little voting going on in RALOs anyway.

But I think we've carried this point quite well, but I'd really be interested in hearing your view on this. I'm desperately seeing no... The Empowered Community, that's correct, Glenn, thank you. I'm seeing nobody with their hand up. Does somebody want to say something?

SATISH BABU:

Yeah, Satish here, and I'm not able to get my hand to raise for some reason. A couple of observations. First that my worry is if we can stimulate the same extent of participation from our ALSes and members as we did for the last RALO's report. I sense a little bit of, maybe fatigue on this topic, so I hope tomorrow's webinar is going to fix that problem.

And my second observation is that therefore tomorrow's webinar we can be very critical in advising our ALSes and the community at large, I will brief in very specific terms as to where and how and what they should be contributing towards. I hope the webinar tomorrow will cover that. Thank you.

OLIVIER CRÉPIN-LEBLOND:

Thank you very much, Satish. Olivier Crépin-Leblond speaking. I'm taking notes. The volunteer fatigue certainly is something that we've seen across many of our processes. For having been around with the At-Large Summit and the At-Large Summit recommendations, and that implementation took several years from the moment the summit was done until, actually even some of them until now. It's true, people do like new things and when you have a process that runs, again, in a long, long, long time, and it's quite repetitive as well, as this one is, you tend to lose some people.

But I've seen the response to the Doodle, there's been quite a lot of response on this and hopefully we've got a good turnout. The ultimate thing is that I don't think that the RALOs are being asked to ratify their statements as such with a specific ALS endorsement per se, as in with the previous statements I know that some RALOs come back to the vote

on the recommendations, on this occasion we haven't got that. But it's just really to gather the input and make sure that we're rowing in the right direction on this. So, I certainly take note and I think maybe one of the next steps will be also important for the ALSes to comprehend what's happening afterwards, and maybe what's expected of them. Glenn McKnight.

GLENN MCKNIGHT:

Yes, Glenn for the record. Just a bit of a quick process question. There was a lot of recommendations in this review, and in some sense some of the comments have validity, but because of the wholesale issues with the document, that's problematic. So, where do we go from here?

So, if the wholesale rejection happens then do we lose some of the good recommendations that were actually in that document, because the overwhelming dislike of the document, Olivier, how do we salvage some of the constructive critical comment that came from our community? It didn't come out of the blue, there was many of our community members that suggested these innovations. Thank you.

OLIVIER CRÉPIN-LEBLOND:

Yes, thanks for this question, Glenn, that's a very important point. Olivier Crépín-Leblond speaking. The implementation plan, you will see, does not outright reject all the recommendations and throw the baby out with the bath water. The point is to go from each recommendation in turn, flesh it out, and with some of the recommendations the points that were made were very valid indeed and so some of the recommendations, alternatives are being suggested. The alternatives

being what we might think is the best way to address the problem that was found there.

It's interesting that you point this out and I would ask if you could spend some time looking at this specifically and maybe saying, oh wait a minute, we're not answering that concern from our community in this recommendation, we are making an alternative proposal here, but that doesn't quite address the issue. I know you've got quite a good critical mind on this, Glenn, it would be great if you could comb through this document, just look at the recommendations, see which ones stand out to you that might need tweaking.

And I think one of the care of the team was to not be in a position where we're saying, no, we don't like that, good bye, and throw it out in the bin. Because that definitely is not a constructive way to do things and ultimately the symptoms and some of the problems that were identified by the contractors really are there, it's just that the way that they suggested to fix them was probably the wrong way and finding the right way to do it is something that we need to do together. Does that answer your thing?

I'd really like to see your input on this. Read the document and you'll find out the points. And if there's anywhere, by the way, where you see, oh, I don't think this has been answered correctly because I think we're really skipping the issue, then please say it now. There's still time to point this out. It will be too late in five days time, but today is still in time. Satish, your hand is up, go ahead.

SATISH BABU: Satish for the record. I wanted to know if we are going to have two separate documents as we did the last time or is it going to be a single document with our comments also kind of woven in?

OLIVIER CRÉPIN-LEBLOND: Thanks for this question, Satish. So, the current document is already the input from both the RALO input and the ALAC input. Remember this is a follow after, response to the response to the response. So, we're answering the final document which was a response to the response that we made to the original report. So, we're kind of four iterations down the line. What's hoped is that the input that we receive now is just pointing out that we might have missed some input that we had put in earlier.

That's what I'm asking now, has everything that we've already said in the past been captured? We're not looking at bringing new comments and new input in there that we might have not said in the past, otherwise we'll just continue in a never ending iterative process where every time we put it out for comment we'll have new comments coming in and then there'll be comments on comments, and comments on comments on comments. So, that one should already have all the input that we've said in the past. It will be one document that will come out to the board.

Any other comments or questions? I'm not going to take any more of your time. I really hope that you will have time to skim through these. It might look like a long document, it's 57 pages long, but because we're using tables it actually just pads itself so you can just jump from one

recommendation to another and just read specific sections. If you could focus on specifically the RALO sections, and there's only handful of them. Out of the total number of recommendations there's a bit more than a handful of them that will specifically be affecting the RALOs, especially the EMM, the Empowered Community Model and Empowered Membership Model.

And of course, the annex, the background and all that, that's just facts, I don't think we need to review that. So, if you can do this within the next couple of days, maybe by tomorrow or something, that would be great. Tomorrow I'll be focusing on the RALO stuff and others on the call, probably Alan Greenberg or Holly Raiche will be focusing on the ALAC specific recommendations. But I thank you for your time, and as I said, if you have any other questions on this then please don't hesitate to just drop me a note either on Skype or by email. I'm happy to oblige.

And the last thing I was going to ask, by the way, and Satish, you did mention that you didn't know how many ALSes would be coming, it would be great if you could all push your At-Large Structures to be on that webinar tomorrow. It's just one hour so it's not long. It's going to be action packed, it's going to be great, and we'll have a competition where we can win something. Oh, we don't have the funds for that. Sorry, don't tell them that last bit. Thank you.

SATISH BABU:

Thank you very much, Olivier. I must admit that must have been an enormous amount of work. Satish here again. And I'd like to, on behalf of all of us, place on record the work done by the drafting team and the

working party on this one. I'm looking at the document. I did provide some comment but not as much as I did for the previous version, and I'm surprised at the kind of work that's gone into this. And thank you very much, Olivier and the entire team who did all the work. Much appreciated.

OLIVIER CRÉPIN-LEBLOND: Satish, Olivier. One last thing to add. Yes, the document, by the way, is not open for editing by everyone because otherwise it's going to be really difficult to manage, so that's why it's only open for editing to a few number of people that are members of the team. So, you can either send things over to me, your points over to me, or you can send them over to Cheryl, Holly, Maureen or members of the work party, and then that will be relayed and put into the document if you have any points at present.

That was the last thing I wanted to ask because I did notice after this someone said, oh wait a minute, I can't comment on this document, it doesn't allow for comments. And yes, it's only restricted to those people that are in the work party, but everyone else can just drop an email over to the team. Thank you.

SATISH BABU: Right. Thanks, Olivier. Mindful of the time. Satish again. We will now move on to the next agenda item which is item number five, ICANN 60 meeting, Regional Leadership Meeting and RALO Development Session. It's on the agenda for the session at Abu Dhabi. Over to Heidi and staff.

HEIDI ULLRICH:

Thank you very much, Satish. So, as we approach ICANN 60, and it is drawing ever near, just keep in mind that we have two sessions for the RALOs. The first is the Regional Leadership Session, that is for current leaders, and I would hope that you all encourage anyone that is replacing you to also come to that, so any incoming regional leadership also attend that. So, as we approach that if we can start thinking about what some of the topics you'd like to have on that agenda be, that would be very useful.

The second one is the RALO Development Session. That is only for continuing or incoming RALO leadership. That's going to be on that last day, that Friday November 3rd, in the morning. And you'll recall in Hyderabad it was an extremely useful discussion that we had. And this year we might have the possibility of having a staff moderator that is not from At-Large staff, it's just another person from HR background who has experience in facilitating discussions.

So, again, as we start thinking about ICANN 60, are there any particular approaches that you would like to see for the RALO Development Session? Or, as Cheryl would say, a fearless and frank and fulsome discussion as we had in Hyderabad last year be something more along the lines that you'd like to see again? Thank you.

SATISH BABU:

Satish for the record. Do you want us to provide these suggestions right now or email, or how is it going to be?

HEIDI ULLRICH: This is Heidi. By email will be great. If you could send it on the Secretariat list. I mean, take some time to start thinking about it. What I'd like to propose is that we have, going forward, monthly calls of the regional leadership. As we have more and more items that affect cross RALOs, all of you, I think that we have a lot to talk about on these calls, so I think that's one thing, that we just have monthly calls.

And then during, perhaps the second, September's call, that we really get into the details of both sessions, the Regional Leadership Session as well as the RALO Leadership Session. And again, the RALO Leadership Session will be closed, so that offers a really good opportunity for all of you to talk about issues that you may wish to handle on the record and just have a good discussion on that. Thank you.

SATISH BABU: Thanks, Heidi. Are there any questions? Judith, please go ahead.

JUDITH HELLERSTEIN: Yes, this is Judith Hellerstein for the record. So, is the RALO Leadership ones also for past RALO leaders and present ones, so that the past ones can give their suggestions and advice to the new leaders?

HEIDI ULLRICH: Judith, this is Heidi. Do you mean the Development Session or Regional Leaders Session?

JUDITH HELLERSTEIN: Yeah, the Development.

HEIDI ULLRICH: No, normally that is only for continuing and ongoing, so, no, not the ones that have just left their positions.

JUDITH HELLERSTEIN: Oh yeah, because I thought that it might be helpful for them to give some ideas or tips of what they could look forward to and sort of work on that and usually have more continuity.

HEIDI ULLRICH: This is Heidi. What I would hope that all of you do, that are not continuing, that as your replacement is now onboarding in a way, that you help with that transition by doing just that, Judith, is that you help them. You know, you work with them on transitioning on what their roles are, give them the documents, where to find them, etcetera. That would be extremely useful.

SATISH BABU: Thanks Heidi and Judith. Olivier, please go ahead.

OLIVIER CRÉPIN-LEBLOND: Thanks very much, Satish. Olivier Crépin-Leblond speaking. I had a question regarding the program of the ALAC session and the RALO

session. I've noticed the links in our agenda are pointing to the Hyderabad sessions and there's the topics of discussion on the ALAC side which were published and some of which involve some policy topics. For the life of me I can't remember the RALO session at all, strange and shame on me, but was there anything on policy as well?

Because I was just going to suggest that we build a program, not only should we focus on the, you know, how to reach At-Large Structures, outreach, inreach, and I would even suggest that we start looking a lot more at inreach than outreach. We are starting to get a lot of At-Large Structures but not enough of them engaging actively.

But I was also going to suggest that we also focus some work on policy. Because that's where our new people will come from to populate the future ALAC and to populate those billions of working groups that are now opening up across ICANN, both in the GNSO but also in the cross-community working group phase, etcetera. Thanks.

HEIDI ULLRICH:

Okay, Olivier, those are excellent points. I think that we should note those as a draft. And what I'd like to do, and you'll see that on the agenda as well, is that we talked a little bit about the Hot Policy Topic document, that I am, admittedly, am encouraging all of you to develop. And EURALO is currently the only RALO to have this Hot Policy Topic, but again, that's a 2016 version. And if you permit me, Satish, can I go ahead and mention that now? I know we're skipping an item but we can come back to that?

SATISH BABU: Yeah, please go ahead.

HEIDI ULLRICH: Thank you. Yeşim, could you add the EURALO Hot Topic to the display if you possibly can? So again, this document, we've talked about it in several regions. In LACRALO, in NARALO, in AFRALO and now I think we've also brought it up in APRALO. This is a document that we really would encourage all RALOs to develop with your ALSes, listing presently ten hot topics that are particularly of interest to your region's ALSes and individuals, and linking it to how that particular item or items have links to the end user. Why is it important to the end user?

Not only would that help you in focusing your region on At-Large policy work and end user perspective, but it would also serve as a really good outreach document that you could show to potential members, ALSes or individual members, on what exactly At-Large does in terms of policy, and in terms of working for the best interests of the end user. So, many of you have the material that you need to produce that because you've worked on it in your breakout sessions, Glenn and Judith, in AFRALO you've had a really good discussion during your General Assembly.

So, this is something that I would encourage that you work on on getting produced within Fiscal Year 18. Olivier, you may wish to talk a little bit about how you worked on this one, and also think about updating it for Fiscal Year 18. So, Olivier, if you have just a few words to say on how you did this, and how you've used it, that might be of interest to everyone here. Thank you.

OLIVIER CRÉPIN-LEBLOND: Thanks very much, Heidi. Olivier Crépin-Leblond speaking. So, very briefly, this Hot Topic document was drafted just based on discussions that we had in EURALO and we keep on having all these surveys that are done every couple of years. And so we based this on the last few surveys that we had done with some feedback from the RALO and we also have an inreach working group, so it's an engagement working group with EURALO that helps with trying to find out really if we were driving in the right direction and how we can get our At-Large Structure and to solve those policy topics.

The next steps, of course, which took place after we drafted this Hot Topics document, was to have a survey of skill sets in the RALO which I've already shared with you in past calls. And I think that our next hot topic will probably be able to focus on this skill set by specifically asking those At-Large Structures that have a knowledge in specific topics to provide us an update on whether that topic is still hot or not, or in what way has the topic changed or provide us with an update on it. That's the way I see that document evolve to a slightly different way than the original drafting of the Version 1 of that document. I hope it makes sense.

SATISH BABU: Right. Thanks, Heidi, and thanks, Olivier, for these documents and the process involved. Before I open up for further questions, this is Satish for the record, and in APRALO, as you're aware, we are having our GA coming up in Abu Dhabi. Now, we are actually treating the time from this GA to 018 ATLASS III, as a very critical kind of time, and we're trying

to use this time for building up our ALSes and making them better involved in policy processes.

And the hot topics will be of great use for us. And at some level, doing these Development Sessions at Abu Dhabi that we're going to discuss about, I'd like to propose that we take into account the ATLAS III coming up and create some kind of an action plan for the RALOs and the ALSes in working from Abu Dhabi to Kobe, in terms of some concrete steps for policy involvement.

I see Heidi and Olivier have their hands up. Heidi, please go ahead.

HEIDI ULLRICH:

Thank you very much, Satish. So, what I'd like to do, if you're all okay with it, is that we can prepare a work space on the cross-RALO work space listing all of the RALOs and posting their hot policy topics as they develop them.

What we could also do is prepare a template that you could use, just a very simple two or three page document that lists a space for ten items and the potential for end user impact on those items. And then basically you would take that to your ALSes and identify, what are the top ten topics in your region and what are the potential end user impacts on them. Thank you very much.

SATISH BABU:

Thanks for that, Heidi. We'll be doing that and we already have finished a survey and we can work on it with the input from NARALO and EURALO and APRALO. Olivier, please go ahead.

OLIVIER CRÉPIN-LEBLOND: Thanks, Satish. It's Olivier Crépin-Leblond speaking. Just to add on this another little tip on how to get that input from your At-Large Structures. As you know, many of your ALSes are very much involved in internet governance. They go to the Internet Governance Forum, the local ones, the one in their country, they are involved with other things going on, projects going on, and so on, and they might not be so active in the ICANN space but just getting them to tell you about the hot topics that they're working on in internet governance, sometimes there are some aspects of it, some facets of it, that will directly affect ICANN, but they may not be aware of it.

That's one thing that we've done and we've received some answers where some of our ALSes in EURALO responded with topics that were completely out of topic with EURALO. But then with some that had topics that were somehow completely out of scope in some way but there was actually one angle that would affect ICANN and that would be interesting in the ICANN space. And with our own knowledge of the issues we managed to bring these hot topics from these people, from our ALSes into the ICANN space so while they're framed in this way, that is an ICANN hot topic for EURALO. So, that's another way also to gather input. Thanks.

SATISH BABU: Thanks for that, Olivier, for that suggestion. Satish again. Now, mindful of the time, are there any other questions on this topic? Yeah, so Heidi

says it's useful to have these hot topics for outreach. Agreed. Not seeing any comments.

HEIDI ULLRICH: This is Heidi. Just a comment that we skipped item 7, on the Regional Newsletters.

SATICH BABU: Yeah, so we will now go onto item number 7, Regional Newsletters. Glenn, please tell us what you have been doing on this.

GLENN MCKNIGHT: Sure. It's Glenn McKnight for the transcript records. The newsletters is only one part of our transparency and reporting to our community. Three things we do and we've shared with each of you. It's our semi-annual and annual reports, where we try to provide information back to the community on things that are happening. Second thing is we have a work in progress document that we try to share and we're pretty diligent in our monthly Secretariat Reports, so anyone can actually see what we're doing.

So, what Eduardo has been doing for the last two years, he's been working with a tool called Constant Contact, and I've shared the link earlier on at the beginning of this call and sent it to staff to post it to the board. And so, Constant Contact is like MailChimp, it's a very interesting program that allows you to click on any page and you can actually measure who goes to different pages. You can convert the file that's a PDF into e-book format, and so what we have is, every single

newsletter which is done monthly posted to our NARALO section of the Wiki, also we encourage every month for people to share what they're actually doing.

So the document, I'm sorry, I don't see it in the center panel, Silvia or somebody can put the newsletter in the panel so people can see it. Sorry, Satish, I'm talking about a document but I can't show you in the center panel. But regardless, just imagine it. But it is a tool that's provided by ICANN, Constant Contact is the tool. We've mentioned this a few times why it's important.

The challenge, I'll be honest with you, is getting people to submit their information and it is a bit of a fatigue thing for one person being responsible. We're hoping more people to get involved. We've been trying to reach out to many of the ALS members to get involved in different ways other than just attending the monthly meetings. And I think that's one of the ways we can recommend to all of you to try to encourage your membership to get involved and possibly taking over the newsletter is one of the ways to do it. Back to you, Satish.

HEIDI ULLRICH: Satish, this is Heidi.

SATISH BABU: Yes, Heidi, please go ahead.

HEIDI ULLRICH:

Yes, thank you, Satish, and thank you very much, Glenn. I know he's not on the call, but Eduardo has done a fantastic job on the NARALO newsletter. But what we're wondering, and there was a discussion on this during a recent NARALO, I believe it was a NARALO monthly call, was that given the popularity of the NARALO one, would there be interest in having other RALOs also develop newsletters, or having a cross-RALO newsletter going forward, or something to think about.

Again, we're having the review that will be ending shortly and it will move into a stage of implementation, and that's going to be affecting all of the RALOs, so that's one item that could be covered regularly. We could also cover where we are on the hot topics. We could also cover where we are on the individual topics. And also with the ATLAS coming up in March of 2019, that's going to be of considerable interest I would think to all the ALSes.

So, given all of these activities coming up that will be cross-RALO specific, it might be time to upgrade this regional newsletter to one that is more At-Large. So, perhaps think about that now or we could have that be an item for the Regional Leadership Session in Abu Dhabi. Thank you.

SATISH BABU:

Thank you, Heidi. And thanks, Glenn, for the work that you've done on NARALO's newsletter. I think an At-Large newsletter is definitely a good idea, assuming that we will have a fair balance of articles from all the RALOs. There's also the language problem, French and Spanish, at the minimum we might have required translation. But apart from that it's a

good idea and let us talk about it in the forthcoming meeting. Are there any other comments on the newsletter? So, the action item here is that we will start discussions on an At-Large wide newsletter at our next meeting.

Moving on. Heidi, is that an old hand or a new hand?

HEIDI ULLRICH: It's an old hand. I believe that Olivier has his hand raised.

SATISH BABU: Olivier, please go ahead. I don't see the hand but please go ahead.

OLIVIER CRÉPIN-LEBLOND: Thanks very much, Satish. Olivier Crépin-Leblond speaking. It might be that your faced with a delay because Heidi's hand is down and mine is up. But anyway, quickly, on this issue of newsletter, I completely support the concept of a newsletter. I have, however, seen the difficulty with with Eduardo who, by the way, has done a marvelous job, has had to find someone to pick up the ball and take over from him and fill his shoes.

And I realize he has set the bar very high so that might be one reason why people are getting a little worried. But I've seen in NARALO that there hasn't been so many people on this. I don't know how we can proceed forward with a regular newsletter that is done by volunteers. You know, we have a Social Media working group that was originally put together to also feed constant feeds of information to social media and

things, and it's not easy to have that. So I'm hoping we can do a regular magazine. I really don't know how to optimize it to ease the load on any single volunteers.

And I'm also aware of the usual volunteer fatigue. You know, the first couple of newsletters, 20 people help out. The next one, 10. And then after a year of newsletters it's just like the Editor and a couple of people that are holding it together. I might be a bit negative about this but I'm hoping we can do something and I'd be happy to help. Thank you.

SATISH BABU:

Thanks, Olivier. I think it's a good challenge to take on and the time frame from Abu Dhabi to Kobe, and I'm saying this because both of them fall into the Asia Pacific region. It would be good to try out an At-Large, maybe quarterly, newsletter. Right, Glenn, please go ahead.

GLENN MCKNIGHT:

Yeah. I think we can't lose sight of the fact that we have a responsibility to use every means possible to engage our community. And I can say from NARALO, Judith and I have seen a very good turnout on our calls and participation and I think the newsletter is helpful. So, if we ask ourselves, how many people are reading it and what's the results, I think it's been a very useful exercise.

Perhaps going to a quarterly or being a RALO-wide one might reduce the fatigue level, but I think it's important for sharing information of what we're doing, how we're accountable, and that's why I mentioned the semi-annual and annual reports we do, because it's all part of

transparency and letting people know what we're doing. People have busy lives and if we can make it more doable.

And there's one other thing I wanted to mention Susannah, which is the Chair for ISOC San Francisco, did a fantastic blog post of her experience at the last ARIN. That's sort of very readable blog posting type format is very digestible and it goes way beyond, because it got posted on the Team ARIN website as well. And if we can get leaders outside of our own little world, our little bubble, I think it's important. So I think we need to use every means possible to get the word out and we need to have tools and methods to do it. Thanks.

SATISH BABU:

Thank you, Glenn, for the input. So we are I think agreed that we will talk about the newsletters. Olivier, please go ahead.

OLIVIER CRÉPIN-LEBLOND:

Thank you, Satish. Olivier Crépin-Leblond speaking. And just adding to this, we also need to be aware of what's already there. So, I understand that staff does regular reporting on the ICANN, is it quarterly calls, I think they're quarterly now. So you have Heidi who will basically say what's going on in At-Large and so on. Sorry about the noise in the background. So that's one.

Next to that there's also, I think there used to be the ALAC Chair's Report on each ICANN meeting and I don't know how that has done, whether that's up to date or not. There's also a RALO monthly report, and I have to admit, the EURALO one is completely out of date but I

know that some have been very diligent in their RALOs to fill the monthly RALO report. Would that be part of a newsletter? Because the problem is that the information is scattered, if we could have one single location with all this stuff it could offer a single-stop shop for someone to come in there and see what's going on and find out how vibrant this community really is.

SATISH BABU:

Thank you, Olivier. Satish for the record. APRALOs monthly report, I think is lagging only by month now. But my problem in aggregating the RALO reports into a newsletter is that I think the newsletter has to be much more human interest orientated, whereas the reports, at least in our case, is very skeletal and is just for informing people and there is nothing that will interest, there are no photographs, there are no pictures of meeting the whatever. So the newsletter has to be slightly more than that, I feel. Heidi, please go ahead.

HEIDI ULLRICH:

This is Heidi. Thank you very much for your comments, and Glenn, I just keep seeing you, and I'm not going to volunteer you, but you have the skills for all of this. But I just want to point out that we do have Monthly Regional Reports that the At-Large staff contribute to. You should all be receiving regional reports from your particular region. That is produced by the Communications Department, but we contribute to that. We also produce now the Post-Meeting Reports and I hope that you all see those. Those are excellent reports.

Ariel and I and Silvia work on that for At-Large and in a way it's taken the place of the Chair's Report because we do cover all the details that we used to, for the most part, in the Chair's Report. So we could definitely use that, or include that, in a quarterly report for the RALOs. I also love the idea of adding the photo aspects from your outreach in your region as well as at the ICANN meeting. A quarterly report would be able to include all of that. So it would make for an exciting presence, I think, of what At-Large is doing. Thank you.

SATISH BABU:

Thank you, Heidi. I think those are all valuable inputs and I think half the job would be to get a great editor. He or she could then push people around and make things happen.

So, mindful of the time, we now have to move on. Next is item number 9. Status of RALO Outreach Strategic Plans. So it's over to Heidi for this agenda item.

HEIDI ULLRICH:

Yes. I'll take just a few minutes on this. So, all of you are aware that we require now the RALO Strategic Outreach Plan to be approved before CROP funding will be approved. So, that page I've just put into the link you'll see, thank you very much Yeşim. So basically, three have been completed, and that is APRALO, LACRALO and NARALO, thank you very much. AFRALO we know that they are in progress but not yet complete.

And EURALO, I have seen a draft, Olivier, but I have not seen the final draft that you wish to post, so we need to move that forward again

rather urgently, so you can start applying for your CROP funding. And also the RALO outreach funding that we spoke about earlier. Thank you very much.

SATISH BABU: Thank you, Heidi. I see Olivier's hand up. Please go ahead, Olivier.

OLIVIER CRÉPIN-LEBLOND: Thank you, Satish, and thank you, Heidi. The EURALO one has been shared with the EURALO mailing list and there's only been support so far, so I expect by the end of the week if not earlier, that will be sent over and finalized.

HEIDI ULLRICH: Excellent. Sarah, do you know where AFRALO is on approving your outreach plan?

SARAH KIDEN: Hello, yes, this is Sarah. We had a few discussions on our mailing list as well, and from the comments it almost looks like we have to do most of the document again. So, that's how far we've gone. Thank you.

HEIDI ULLRICH: Okay, thank you, Sarah, and we look forward to getting your final document soon.

SATISH BABU:

Thanks, Heidi. I have a very short comment on the reporting of the outreach plan. I don't remember who had sent that email, we uploaded the strategic plan at the location mentioned in that email, and later found out after we had applied for CROP, that that was not the location to upload the strategic plan and our CROP was rejected.

Three CROP processes were rejected because the outreach plan was not in the right location. I don't know how it happened. So we would appreciate it if there is only one location where the strategic plan has to be uploaded and not two, so that we don't get into these kinds of issues with CROP later. Just a comment.

HEIDI ULLRICH:

Satish, if I may. Apologies for that. I know that there are two locations. One is on the Sub-Committee for Outreach and Engagement that Dev posts. And then the other one, the key one, is the one on the CROP page and that's the one that we've shown you now. Because that is what the CROP staff look at in order to say yea or nay to whether it's even considered. So that's the real key area. And then I believe that Dave uses those and posts them on the Sub-Committee for Outreach and Engagement page as well.

SATISH BABU:

I see Judith's hand up. Judith, please go ahead, make it very brief.

JUDITH HELLERSTEIN:

Thanks. This is Judith Hellerstein for the record. So, Satish, just a qualifying on this, so what happened is why you probably posted it on

the wrong place, is that CROP didn't post the FY18 page until very late. And we had to put up a place on the 17 page to put your plan so that you can get approved for July and August.

But then those were moved to the F18 page, but if you posted after staff had decided to move them, no one looked back at the 17 page, and that's the problem. So the newer question is, we need to get the F18 page posted as quickly as possible, and that's the delay. So if we had the 18 page posted up earlier then people wouldn't be posting on an earlier page.

SATISH BABU:

Right. Thanks for the clarification.

JUDITH HELLERSTEIN:

One additional thing is now that Ariel is working on CROP staff she is very helpful in getting things aligned and notifying you if there was a problem, or if you posted on the wrong page. So just buzz her because she's been really helpful for us with that issue. So, just a tip, if you can clue her in with any questions she'll be happy to help.

SATISH BABU:

Right, thanks, Judith. I think Glenn has a comment for AOB, I think it can wait til the next agenda. Item number 10 is the next call, which I presume is in September. Is that right, Heidi? The next call?

HEIDI ULLRICH: This is Heidi. Yes, Satish, I would advocate for monthly calls. In particular, that's going to be one month before the Abu Dhabi meeting. So I think we'll likely focus on that meeting, in terms of the Regional Leadership Session and then the RALO Development Session. Thank you.

SATISH BABU: The next call therefore will be in September and we now move onto the last item on the agenda, Any Other Business. And Glenn, over to you.

GLENN MCKNIGHT: Thank you. Very quickly, I just posted in the chat box. I finally got the email from IGF Geneva, so we do have our booth. I gave you the link to the verification. So, it's an ALAC and At-Large booth. I also sent an email out to the Outreach and Engagement list today showing any people who haven't seen their booth, the size of the booth, the signage, chairs and basic stuff.

So I talked to Silvia this morning, she's going to create a page, because we have no clue who's actually approved and who's going, because many of us are doing multiple sessions. So we need to find out who's going and then ask those people to volunteer in the booth. Just for record, we had 22 people at IGF Guadalajara, so I don't know how many are going to be coming to Geneva but it's a chance to start the planning process. Thank you. Back to you.

SATISH BABU: Thank you, Glenn. That's good news. I just have a comment. I hope, as Ali has pointed out, that the travel for IGF from the At-Large is being processed and will shortly be implemented. Over to you, Heidi.

HEIDI ULLRICH: Thank you very much, Satish. And thank you very much for bringing this up, Glenn. So, to Ali's question as well, I've been working with Mandy Carver from the Government Engagement staff, who really leads the activities.

So the first event that we will be doing, I believe, is for all those who are going to the IGF, there will be a meeting during ICANN 60 to handle logistical questions. And this will be not just At-Large, it will be across the board. SOs and ACs, SGs, to just discuss logistical planning and maybe areas for collaboration.

By that time we will all know who's on which panels, who has booths, etcetera, so there'll be an area for that. We also need to put a page together, not only just for the sign-up sheet, but for the IGF, that we do every year, to talk about which At-Large workshops are going to be held, who's going to be on them, where they are, when they are, what ICANN is planning, which will be discussed within ICANN as well. And then the final item that we've already raised with Alan is, who will be going to the IGF?

I know that there were some slots, and we now know which RALOs have approved panels, but there are also two slots, one for the ALAC and one for the Sub-Committee for Outreach and Engagement. And that is on

Alan's radar to talk about on who is going to be going to that. So, that will be decided I think pretty shortly. Thank you very much.

SATISH BABU:

Thanks, Heidi. It's good to have a meeting at ICANN 60 for the IGF travelers. I hope the travel will not get delayed until then because that'll be too short. And it's pretty short so I hope the list will be out and we'll start working on the travel logistics.

So, with that we have overshoot by two minutes. Are there any other AOB points? Maritza, please go ahead.

MARITZA AGÜERO:

Maritza speaking. A question on the budget and the slots for the IGF. In accordance with the additional budget it was noted that there was going to be a slot for one ALAC member. Is there any chance for this additional slot to be given to someone from the community who is not an ALAC member but might be, for instance, a RALO leader, so that that slot can be used by that person.

I say it because in my case, for instance, I'm applying for funding to attend the IGF and I have two proposals approved to hold a workshop, face to face workshop. So, I have asked about this before and I'd like to know what you think if someone, not an ALAC member, could make use of that slot to the extent that it's a workshop approved, which is one of the conditions. Thank you.

HEIDI ULLRICH: Yes, Maritza, thank you very much. I have spoken to Alan about that, the issue about having it be a non-ALAC member. Again, it is on his radar but we have not had any detailed discussions on that. Maritza, let me think about other ways, because unfortunately LACRALO did not submit a request for the Fiscal Year 18 additional budget requests, so that's why we are in the challenge that we are currently. But your discussions with me have been on my mind. Thank you.

SATISH BABU: Maritza's got her hand up again. Please make it very short. We are out of time now. Go ahead, Maritza.

MARITZA AGÜERO: Thank you. Maritza speaking. Just to explain why LACRALO has not submitted the additional funding request. It was because of the mediation issue. We're working on that. Thank you.

SATISH BABU: Thanks very much. I think we might have to discuss the IGF part further. A little more discussion will be required. But we're out of time right now, and I'd like to, before handing over to Yeşim, thank everybody who sat in on this call. And we will see you back here in September. And it's now back to Yeşim for closing the call.

YEŞİM NAZLAR: Thank you very much, Satish. This meeting is now adjourned. Have a lovely rest of the day. Bye bye.

SATISH BABU: Thank you and bye bye.

[END OF TRANSCRIPTION]