YESIM NAZLAR:

Good morning, good afternoon, and good evening to everyone. Welcome to the EURALO Copenhagen Meeting Activities call, taking place on Thursday, the 23rd of February, 2017, at 14:00 UTC.

On our call today we have Olivier Crépin-Leblond, Wolf Ludwig, Tijani Ben Jemaa, Lutz Donnerhacke, Yrjö Lansipuro, and Tatiana Tropina.

We have received apologies from Maureen Hilyard.

From staff, we have Heidi Ullrich, Silvia Vivanco, Jean-Jacques Sahel, Gisella Gruber, Evin Erdoğdu, Mario Aleman, and myself, Yeşim Nazlar.

Finally, if I could please remind everyone to state their names before speaking for transcription purposes.

I see that Nenad Marinkovic has joined us as well. Welcome, Nenad. And welcome, Adam Peake.

Over to Olivier. Thank you very much.

OLIVIER CREPIN-LEBLOND:

Good morning, good afternoon, everyone. Welcome to this call. I thought it was a good idea perhaps to quickly synchronize ourselves between, on the one side, the Outreach and Engagement Team, and on the other side, the Capacity Building and Global Stakeholder Engagement department and ICANN At-Large staff and, of course, EURALO volunteers to get this whole program in Copenhagen working together.

Note: The following is the output resulting from transcribing an audio file into a word/text document. Although the transcription is largely accurate, in some cases may be incomplete or inaccurate due to inaudible passages and grammatical corrections. It is posted as an aid to the original audio file, but should not be treated as an authoritative record.

We have Jean-Jacques Sahel, who has joined us from Global Stakeholder Engagement. He'll be able to update us on what his department has been doing and how we've been working together to stage a number of events.

I guess the first and most important document that is linked to your agenda is the ICANN 58 Copenhagen overall schedule. That's the final copy of it. There are likely to be a couple of changes. For example, the European Stakeholders' meeting is still not on that schedule, but it will be put on there, or at least a request has been made for it to be put on the overall ICANN schedule. The one that is there has gotten most of the sessions that are final.

Before all this, we can start talking about the information booth, the opportunity to reach out to Nordic countries, and what our customer base is going to be, hopefully, and then we'll turn over to Jean-Jacques Sahel and we'll deal with the European Stakeholders' meeting on Tuesday and other Global Stakeholder Engagement activities. Afterwards, we'll continue with the agenda as displayed.

As far as the information booth is concerned and the opportunity to reach out to Nordic countries, Denmark I believe is part of the Scandinavian countries, so quite a few people are expected to come from Finland, Sweden, and Norway. It is an opportunity for us to go out there and get more At-Large Structures from those countries or even more individual participants.

We all know that Scandinavian countries are known to be – Nordic and Scandinavian countries – particularly advanced as far as the Internet is

concerned. I think it has the highest rate of Internet penetration and also a lot of people involved in Internet governance and startups, etc. So there is certainly a [inaudible] area over there, and we appear to be lacking in enough At-Large Structures from this part of the world.

I thought I'd first give Yjro Lansipuro a couple of minutes to let us know what his target demographics are. During our last call, he mentioned the need for having outreach, even though one might say, "Well, it's developed countries. We don't really need any outreach." But then again, the problem of people not knowing about ICANN is as important in Europe as it is in other parts of the world.

Yrjo, do you have the ability to come on at the moment? Yjro Lansipuro is logged in twice, but we can't hear you at the moment.

Okay. Well, no Yjro for the time being. All right, then let's just look at the information booth and the opportunity to reach out to Nordic countries using the booth.

Jean-Jacques Sahel, you're on the call. I'm not exactly sure who would be in charge of the information booth. [inaudible] the ICANN 58 ICANN booth itself. There was a discussion regarding having a couch next to it or a sofa of some sort for stakeholders and At-Large end users and so on to meet on. Is there any movement in that respect?

JEAN-JACQUES SAHEL:

I didn't know that had been asked. I need to set the Meeting Team unless [inaudible], Silvia, or others have heard, but I'm happy to –

HEIDI ULLRICH:

Yeah. Olivier?

OLIVIER CREPIN-LEBLOND:

Heidi Ullrich, go ahead. You have the floor, Heidi.

HEIDI ULLRICH:

Thank you very much. As we mentioned a few weeks ago, it is fine. You will be given some chairs or a sofa. Silvia is going to be leading that for you. I believe she already has put up a wiki page to organize that. She'll be ensuring that there are brochures there. So you just need to start self-organizing. Sign up for that, sign up for the coffee breaks, etc.

OLIVIER CREPIN-LEBLOND:

Okay. That's great. That's excellent. Thanks very much for this, Heidi. That's helpful. If would be helpful if you put the link to the page — ah, there you go. You just have to talk about it and Silvia puts it on the chat.

I'm not quite sure whether we need to have a sign-up sheet of some sort for people to be at the booth. The concern I have always with having a booth is you need to have someone there at all times, and it's quite time-consuming. People who are there might miss some important events going on.

That being said, it's good to have a location where we can all meet. We can certainly arrange regular meetings at the booth itself.

I see Tijani Ben Jemaa in the queue. Tijani, you have the floor.

TIJANI BEN JEMAA:

Thank you, Olivier, for that. I disagree with you regarding having someone all the time in the booth. We need someone in the booth during all the breaks. Otherwise, if there is someone who doesn't have anything to do, they can be in the booth during the meetings. But normally everyone will be in his own or her own meeting. So I think that it is not a constraint if we ask to make a schedule for people to be in the booth during the breaks. Thank you.

OLIVIER CREPIN-LEBLOND:

Okay. Thanks for this, Tijani. At the moment, we've got the wiki page just saying, "ICANN 58 Booth Sign-Up Sheet." It just says, "Name and RALO." Would you say that we might need to actually have a full table of all of the breaks during the ICANN meeting and then to leave a space for someone to put their name in? Would that be a good solution?

TIJANI BEN JEMAA:

Yes, exactly, Olivier. Exactly.

OLIVIER CREPIN-LEBLOND:

Okay. Excellent. Super. Let's then take that into consideration. I guess I probably have to ask staff if we can change that table then. I know it's going to be a bit larger than it currently is. [Put] the table with all of the breaks of the ICANN meeting and that people can start putting their names in the required boxes. Does that make sense?

Glenn McKnight? You might be muted, Glenn. We're not doing very well with Adobe Connect today. Okay. I can't hear anything at present. You're speaking but it doesn't seem to work, Glenn, I'm afraid. Yeah,

there seems to be problems with Adobe Connect these days. The voiceover IP doesn't work very well, as I've noticed on several calls.

Okay. Let's continue then. So we've got this discussion – oh, Tijani Ben Jemaa. You have the floor.

TIJANI BEN JEMAA: Thank you very much, Olivier. I hear very well Glenn on the Adobe

Connect, so you have a problem on your Adobe Connect. Do you hear

me?

OLIVIER CREPIN-LEBLOND: That's very strange. I hear you very well. I can't hear Glenn. That's very

strange.

TIJANI BEN JEMAA: I hear Glenn very well on Adobe Connect, so there is a technical

problem right now. [inaudible].

OLIVIER CREPIN-LEBLOND: Ah, I'm on the phone bridge. So it seems that the phone bridge is

disconnected with the Adobe Connect, maybe.

TIJANI BEN JEMAA: Now it works on the phone bridge. Go ahead, Glenn.

GLENN MCKNIGHT: Okay, folks. Some people could hear me, and some people couldn't. So I

just want to do a sound check. Can you hear me okay?

OLIVIER CREPIN-LEBLOND: Yes, we can now. Welcome.

GLENN MCKNIGHT:

Okay. I just want to share with you some of my experience in doing the booth for NARALO, going back to the ICANN Toronto event. Subsequent to that, we've done different outreach booths such as this in the Village. I think the time slots really are the breaks and the lunch, not the entire day. I think people have other meetings to go to. It's going to be a logistical nightmare getting everyone slotted and being at the location.

Second of all, we did the same sort of idea at two or three ICANN meetings for NomCom to do outreach as well. So I guess it's a question of really getting commitment from people and the time slots and then managing expectations.

This I don't think is going to be like the successful NCUC booth at IGF Mexico. I think that was phenomenally successful. They had enthusiastic people. They were well-stocked with literature, with staff support. Fortunately, we're doing this in collaboration with NCUC, so I think that's going to be a real plus for us, to have both of us at the table. We can share the responsibility.

I guess what I'm suggesting is that we really focus in on the breaks and lunch. That's my comment. Thanks.

OLIVIER CREPIN-LEBLOND:

Okay. Thanks for this, Glenn. That's noted. Let's indeed have the table amended so that it just shows lunch and the breaks. Then people can type their details or put their name in and volunteer if they already know now when they can go during the break or during the lunch hour. That's great.

I see, Glenn, that your hand is still up. Other people's hands are down. Is that a new hand?

No? Okay. Excellent. So all hands of come down. Okay. Excellent. Thanks very much for this. So that's one of the things.

Glenn, you mentioned NCUC. Obviously, we have an NCUC EURALO outreach event. I'm not sure – I'm going to turn over to Tatiana for this – whether NCUC has asked for use of the ICANN booth or is planning to make use of the ICANN booth for its outreach activities. As we said, it's great if NCUC would be happy to join and to also be there.

Tatiana?

TATIANA TROPINA:

Thanks. Can you hear me well? I'm on the phone bridge.

OLIVIER CREPIN-LEBLOND:

Very well.

TATIANA TROPINA:

Thank you very much. We have not discussed the use of the booth at the NCUC. I will discuss this with the executive committee today and I will come back to you tomorrow.

My answer would be rather yes, but we do have to check for who is available during the coffee breaks and so on because we might have some availability problems. But we are bringing the brochures — we have new brochures — to Copenhagen, and we are going to distribute them. I'm going to tell NCUC that maybe the best to distribute would be to go to the booth as well.

Also, I wrote on the chat – I'm going to repeat it here – that, from my experience with the outreach at ICANN and IGF and different events for the NCUC, the best shot is actually the outreach event itself. Of course, the booth will help, but mostly you follow up with people, you go around, and you talk to them. That's how you recruit them. So I believe that those EURALO members who are active should be just briefed on the outreach itself. It does not end when the outreach event ends, and it doesn't end with a booth. So it should be proactive or active, like talking to people, following up, giving them the business cards, the website, the flyers.

Thanks. That's all from me.

OLIVIER CREPIN-LEBLOND:

Thanks for this, Tatiana. Now, if I can ask one of the three Yjro's in the Adobe Connect room if any of the three are able to speak now and let us know a little bit about the need for outreach in Nordic countries.

Yjro? Yjro 1? Yjro 2? Yjro 3? Connectivity seems to be a problem where

he is. I can't hear Yjro. I don't know if anybody else can.

TIJANI BEN JEMAA: Hello? Olivier?

OLIVIER CREPIN-LEBLOND: Yes?

TIJANI BEN JEMAA: Olivier, we can hear very well Yjro on the Adobe Connect. There is a

problem of connection between the Adobe Connect and the phone

bridge.

OLIVIER CREPIN-LEBLOND: That's very strange. I can turn Adobe Connect on. It's going to introduce

some echo for me, but okay. Yjro, if we can hear you on the Adobe

Connect, then I'll mute whilst you speak. Go ahead.

GLENN MCKNIGHT: I don't hear anything.

OLIVIER CREPIN-LEBLOND: Thanks very much for this, Yjro. Yes, there is apparently a technical

problem. Whenever somebody speaks on Adobe Connect, it doesn't

come over to the dial-outs. I've asked staff to look at this. I don't know

what's wrong with it. I've had to turn on my Adobe Connect sound to

listen to Yjro. It's not an ideal situation at present because all those people that are just dialed in are not hearing anything.

So thanks for this, Yjro. There are a number of events. Let's go through the whole list of events that are going to take place. Then we'll get back to you and you can then give us a bit of feedback on how you think we can slot in any ideas that you have for doing this.

Next is Jean-Jacques Sahel and the Global Stakeholder Engagement activities. There were a number of things that were in store. To start with, there was an idea of having a pre-event event on the 20th of February in Copenhagen with a civil society outreach roundtable. There were other ideas about pre-ICANN 58 business engagement webinars and three events and then also a number of events during the – yes? Hello?

TIJANI BEN JEMAA:

Olivier, Gisella wants to speak to you, but she's talking on the Adobe

Connect, so you don't hear yet.

OLIVIER CREPIN-LEBLOND:

No, I can't hear her because I'm on the call line.

UNIDENTIFIED MALE:

She says there's no audio on the bridge, so we're looking at that, trying

to reconnect.

OLIVIER CREPIN-LEBLOND: All right. Thanks for this. Are the people on Adobe Connect able to hear

me?

UNIDENTIFIED MALE: They should be, I think. I can.

TIJANI BEN JEMAA: Yes, Olivier. We can hear you.

OLIVIER CREPIN-LEBLOND: Okay. So it goes in one direction, from the bridge to the Adobe Connect,

but it doesn't go from the Adobe Connect to the other way around,

unfortunately.

YESIM NAZLAR: Olivier?

OLIVIER CREPIN-LEBLOND: Yes, Yesim?

YESIM NAZLAR: If I may [inaudible]. Apologies for the interruption, but I think it's not

working like this. Can we try to reconnect, please, as Gisella has mentioned on the AC chat? Because it's definitely not working when people are trying to use the Adobe Connect while speaking. But it

sounds [inaudible] when we're using our phone bridge. So I think it's not

good. It's not helping. So can we please try to give a two-minute break, or even less, just to stop the audio and try to reconnect?

OLIVIER CREPIN-LEBLOND:

Okay. That works for me. It's unheard of before, but yeah, we certainly have to try that. Do we just need to remain on the call in the meantime?

YESIM NAZLAR:

I think it's not going to cause any issues. If you're just kicked out of the room, please try to reconnect. Again, apologies for this inconvenience.

We'll try to do our best to make it as fast we can.

We're disconnecting the audio right now. Thank you.

Hello, this is Yesim again. Can anyone from the Adobe Connect room try to speak using their microphone, please? I just reconnected the audio.

OLIVIER CREPIN-LEBLOND:

I'm not sure who is in the Adobe Connect room. Could somebody...

YESIM NAZLAR:

Okay.

TIJAN BEN JEMAA:

I am on both.

YESIM NAZLAR: Okay. Tijani, could you please try to speak to your Adobe Connect? We'll

see if we can hear you on the phone bridge.

Tijani? Tijani? If you're speaking, we cannot hear you.

TIJANI BEN JEMAA: Do you hear me now?

GLENN MCKNIGHT: Yes.

TIJANI BEN JEMAA: Okay. But the others on the Adobe Connect don't hear me.

Hello? Yesim? Yesim? Gisella?

YESIM NAZLAR: Tijani, I can hear you. I can hear you on the phone bridge.

TIJANI BEN JEMAA: But I cannot speak on the Adobe Connect. I cannot connect. Do you

understand? I have the Adobe Connect, but I'm listening only.

Do you want me to reboot? I will reboot it. Okay?

OLIVIER CREPIN-LEBLOND: Let's just take someone who's on the Adobe Connect to speak please so

we can check if that works.

TIJANI BEN JEMAA: I think Yesim is on the Adobe Connect. Did you hear her, Olivier?

OLIVIER CREPIN-LEBLOND: I hear Yesim, yes, so it should be okay.

YESIM NAZLAR: I'm using the phone bridge. I'm not speaking to the Adobe Connect.

OLIVIER CREPIN-LEBLOND: Gisella is on the Adobe Connect, I believe.

YESIM NAZLAR: I'm trying to connect to my audio using my microphone, but it seems it

isn't working.

TIJANI BEN JEMAA: Now do we hear [inaudible]? I spoke on Adobe Connect, and I think

nobody heard me.

OLIVIER CREPIN-LEBLOND: Can you try again, Tijani?

TIJANI BEN JEMAA: Yes.

OLIVIER CREPIN-LEBLOND:

Okay. I've just heard Gisella on Adobe Connect but not in my own phone, so the bridge is still not working. We're going to have to do something about this. I can certainly listen to both sides because I can turn on my sound and put one headphone into my right ear. That would be the Adobe Connect headphone. The other ear will be the non-Adobe Connect headphone. But it's going to be a little bit tricky for people who are unable to be on both because there will be moments when people in Adobe Connect will speak, and it will be very quiet – the phone line – which is a bit unfortunate.

I'm eager to get moving, please, because this is a bit of a problem and we're not going to waste the whole hour on that. So if staff can check in the meantime with Adigo and Adobe to see what's going on, let's get moving, please.

Moving on now to Jean-Jacques Sahel. I'm not sure whether Jean-Jacques will be on Adobe Connect or on the other bridge.

JEAN-JACQUES SAHEL:

I can be on both. [After all], most people can hear me.

OLIVIER CREPIN-LEBLOND:

The sound is fine. Let's have you, Jean-Jacques, with the first discussion on the European Stakeholders' meeting on Tuesday and any other activities that are taking place. I've mentioned earlier the tentative activities that were thought of to start with but didn't seem to have reached conclusion.

The floor is yours Jean-Jacques.

JEAN-JACQUES SAHEL:

Thank you very much, Olivier. Hi, everybody. Hopefully those of you on the Adobe will see the former summary of events that we've drawn up. So this is a bit old, but the key ones remain. There is the gala on the Monday night. I believe the GEMS night is also going to be happening as usual.

Basically, in the lead-up to Copenhagen, we were hoping to have a [pre-event] in Copenhagen, and for various global reasons, that did not happen. However, there was a webinar for business stakeholders organized a couple of days ago. Coming up in Rome, it's actually not the 6th. It's the 7th of March. There will indeed be an in-person event open to all that's focused on ICANN 58 and that's hosted by the prime minister's office and the agency for the [inaudible] agenda of the Italian government. So they'll have a few local Italian stakeholders preparing for Copenhagen.

You started mentioning it — when we get to Copenhagen, in terms of outreach, we start with Saturday with your event — your joint presentation to NCUC — in the afternoon. We saw that NPOC is also hoping to organize an Outreach session starting later that afternoon, so we're trying to get some details from them about that. That's still, I think, being worked on, but hopefully we can have some sort of networking reception for civil society in the late afternoon/early evening at the end of your Outreach session.

Sunday many of you will know is Newcomer's Day, so there's lots of sessions for Newcomers, Fellows, and NextGens that will happen. So you'll have lots of newbies around. You're more than welcome to come and exchange with them. On the contrary, you're very much encouraged to come and meet them if you can. They will be there for the week, of course.

When we get to the rest of the week, Monday is the opening ceremony, as usual, in the morning. Then there's a series of fairly good topics, actually, through the day. We mentioned before that there will be a session on privacy issues in the afternoon – a high-interest topic – which will involve some of the data protection [submissioners] together with others in the ICANN community.

There will be I think a high-interest session as well on the Internet governance, which many of you are involved with. Generally, I think it's a pretty packed schedule. I think we all realize that. It's a lot of very interesting topics. I think it just shows that there's a lot of interest in [inaudible] ICANN at the moment. That in terms of outreach is important. The local community should come to have a good experience of ICANN. They'll experience some pretty interesting policy discussions, I think. I know that's really good to see.

I think now what we have on Wednesday is a session about end users led by the At-Large. I think that's confirmed for 12:30 on Wednesday. That would be a good opportunity for outreach.

I think there's a few other sessions, but what I'd like to then talk about is Tuesday afternoon. When the ICANN meetings are in Europe, we try

to gather stakeholders from Europe. Whichever stakeholders [inaudible] from and simply have an open discussion about our engagement as the Internet technical community around Europe so basically have a [inaudible] with us in ICANN concerning what we do in terms of engagement. Then the local RALOs are here – EURALO, then our friends at CENTR, RIPE, etc., concerning what they've been up to, and also simply them opening the microphone as an open forum to all [inaudible] European stakeholder [two days] from [inaudible] etc. So it's really a short gathering.

Then we normally have a reception, and what we're doing this time, after discussing this with Olivier, is that they would have this reception on Tuesday evening. That would start around 6 P.M. as the, effectively, EURALO Showcase. I don't know if that's the right title for it. So, yeah, there'll be one-hour of discussion and exchange, and then we'll move onto a EURALO-themed evening with a cocktail, basically. I think a few of you will probably want to say a few words at the beginning of that. So that'll be an important evening for you all to remember. I hope we can get many of you there.

I think that's about it in terms of talking about the events and the schedule. I should mention we've just been talking again to our Danish hosts to try to get links to the local Internet community. There has been some interest from a few a NGOs that have been in touch with us and to the [madam] who's on the call. So, we're hoping we can start sending out information to a lot of these local people and encourage them to attend ICANN58 starting with the Outreach Session on Saturday afternoon. So hopefully, we'll be able to [inaudible] on that in the next few days and we'll keep you posted on that.

I think that's probably it, Olivier. And let me know if there's any other points that I should raise. Thank you.

OLIVIER CREPIN-LEBLOND:

Thank you very much, Jean-Jacques. I have an immediate question with regards to the European Stakeholder Engagement session with a possible cocktail, a EURALO showcase cocktail afterwards which will really be more of just a networking cocktail of some sort.

You mentioned it as Tuesday. So, I've got the scheduler on screen at the moment. Tuesday. What were the times that you were looking at?

JEAN-JACQUES SAHEL:

The Discussion session would start at 5:00 P.M. Then we would break as we get towards 6:00 P.M. and then have the networking reception. That would be broadly the plan. Apparently, there's a nice balcony, etc. That could host us for both the discussion part and the networking cocktail. So guite a nice venue, apparently.

OLIVIER CREPIN-LEBLOND:

Okay. Thanks for this, Jean-Jacques. I understand of course that from 5:00 to 6:00 P.M., there is a joint meeting of the GAC and the ALAC. I think that when I last spoke to you, I did mention that but you said there is absolutely no other space at any other time during the week.

JEAN-JACQUES SAHEL:

Basically, I worked closely with our Meetings Team and they looked at the schedule as it was [inaudible]. That's basically all the other days. In terms of organizing something that's late afternoon/early evening at the ICANN venue. Everything would be in conflict anywhere. So, we would have had to somehow juggle with other conflicts on other days at around same time. It's as good as we're going to get pretty much. That's what we have. Unfortunately, when we have such a packed agenda, that's what happens I guess.

OLIVER CREPIN-LEBLOND:

Okay. Thanks for that, Jean-Jacques. That's the first question then. The second thing was there is an ISOC and ICANN meeting. I think it's about 6:30 or it's either 6:30 or 7:00 on that same day. I gather that obviously, the cocktail will start at about 6:00 and people will probably wander off then halfway through the cocktail, start drawing and moving on to other activities.

I don't expect it to be any problem with the conflicts or serious conflicts. The only conflict I can see is the joint meeting of the GAC and ALAC. Are there any other quick questions or comments?

Okay. So, we have the European Stakeholders meeting then this cocktail afterwards. The next question is, who is in-charge of organizing this?

JEAN-JACQUES SAHEL:

I can remain as the coordinator in the sense of I've made already the room arrangements, etc. So, I can work with the ALAC Policy Team to

take anything further with you. Olivier, maybe I could coordinate with you or unless there's anyone now that should involve.

OLIVIER CREPIN-LEBLOND:

That, I do not know, Jean-Jacques. Essentially, it's the same sort of session as what we had in Dublin. I'm not sure who was in-charge of what would happen after the session in Dublin. Maybe it was Gisella. Or who was there at the time? I do not know.

JEAN-JACQUES SAHEL:

I think we shared it last time as well actually. It depends what you have in mind. In terms of logistics, I can share some details of the room, etc. I don't know if you have special requirements, etc. But I can remain the coordinator liaise on logistical side internally if needed.

OLIVIER CREPIN-LEBLOND:

Okay. Has the room got interpretation and all that?

JEAN-JACQUES SAHEL:

I will need to double check that. Yes.

OLIVIER CREPIN-LEBLOND:

Could I ask you to work with Gisella on this as she deals with the ALAC scheduling and any arrangements and so on that needs to be done?

JEAN-JACQUES SAHEL:

Okay.

OLIVIER CREPIN-LEBLOND: Because I think that's how it works for Dublin. So, we worked it out this

way.

JEAN-JACQUES SAHEL: Okay. Yes.

OLIVIER CREPIN-LEBLOND:

Okay. Excellent. Thanks for this. Let's then move to the next thing which is looking at our agenda. Okay, so then the NCUC EURALO Outreach event on the 11th of March. This is the Saturday afternoon. The question is proposed agenda of NCUC EURALO Outreach event. We've got three different things on there. It's got all the background information to it. The outreach invite has been drafted. Your feedback is appreciated on it. But I think it's going to go to being sent out as soon as possible.

You've got a link to the outreach event brainstorming, how we put this together with the co-Chairs of the Outreach and Engagement Working Group and with Tatiana and Farzaneh from NCUC.

Here is then a link. The first link is the proposed agenda of the outreach event itself. You'll notice on there that it's got a theme. First, a quick introduction on things. "NCUC and Its Governance: What can we build together?" "EURALO: How can European end-users contribute at ICANN?" So, just a quick introduction.

Then the first part of the discussion is what is so different about ICANN this year and why should you care and join? We've got two moderators

for that. This is a very interactive session. It really is a case of bringing discussions into the people that will be attending and answering questions.

Then after the quick coffee break, "Where would you fit in ICANN? The issues relevant to you and where you can have an impact." Here, we are looking for people to speak about various segments of the overall discussion. It's a roundtable discussion.

I did ask a few days ago, for any resource persons from either side. I've noticed that there's several topics listed. Data protection, privacy, WHOIS, human rights, dispute resolution, trademarks and domain name, private security, DNSSEC, diversity, access to domain names, jurisdiction, transparency, compliance notice and takedown with various people that have now stepped forward. I'd be interested in seeing if anybody else wants to step forward or add to this.

In the meantime, let me turn to Tatiana Tropina.

TATIANA TROPINA:

Hi, Olivier. Thanks a lot. I put my hand up to talk a bit about resource people because some of the issues we did propose to invite external resource people like for example, Patrik Fälström to answer any questions about security, especially technical questions and ICANN related questions. Also, I invited Greg Shatan who is chairing the Jurisdiction Subgroup. I think he would be a good add-on for this.

What I would like to propose while we did put some names there for the NCUC, let's not overdo this. Let's not put more than two, maximum three, resource people. Others can come and contribute from the floor.

I would actually like people or any resource people rather to think about Part 1 because this is our start and that's why we have to be prepared to really kickoff the discussion and to make it interactive so people will warm up with the issues discussion.

If there is anyone who can actually contribute to this to make the peachy interventions on the topic about differences in ICANN this year and call for action and so on, this would be very much appreciated.

Also, if there are any further questions or explanations or clarifications I can make about this agenda, please just ask me. Thanks.

OLIVIER CREPIN-LEBLOND:

Okay. Thanks very much for this, Tatiana. Any comments, questions or thoughts on this?

Lutz have added himself. Yes. And he has added also his ideas. I ask are there any other topics that we need to add to this that we should touch on?

Lutz Donnerhacke, you have the floor.

LUTZ DONNERHACKE:

We have an interesting new document referring to the influence of ICANN to private lawsuits or private communications or takedowns for

copyright reasons or misusing the domain system for takedown domain name which is unlawful in some area or what contents which is not, they had seen not on the area.

So, we should raise the discussion on this whole topic because the idea behind the notice and takedown system which is going into the contracts with registrars and registries is going to prepare a word order. A single definition of law, a single definition of understanding what is legal, what's illegal, what should be done, what's should not be done.

I think, ICANN is going to weigh here which should be discussed. Discuss with them which is not only with the stakeholders included in law enforcement or private issues. Thank you.

OLIVIER CREPIN-LEBLOND:

Thanks very much for this, Lutz. I see Tatiana Tropina, next.

TATIANA TROPINA:

Thank you very much, Lutz. Actually, I saw that this would fall on maybe dispute resolution and with the strict definition like what are the difference between private security and content regulation. But actually, I think because it is of interest for NCUC as well, maybe we will put this as additional item to the agenda like private ordering because it's mostly about private ordering, it's mostly about content regulation by contracts. So, if you will accept this suggestion, I will just put private order in between dispute resolution and private security.

Lutz, I see that you're typing. I think that this is accountability. You put it into accountability but this is more policy issues so I will put private ordering there after dispute resolution.

LUTZ DONNERHACKE:

Please. You're free to [inaudible] it.

TATIANA TROPINA:

Yes. Super. I think we've got now five issues in accountability and five policy issues at ICANN. We basically have 90 minutes for all these. With any other issues, we either have to feed them into something. I'm just a bit worried about overdoing this and not leaving enough space for discussions.

I think that some of the issues would be rather short like or example probably transparency or maybe compliance will go somewhere. Basically, actually, compliance notice and takedowns will go to private ordering.

Anyway, it's all for me so I just want to warn that let's not overdo this. We have only 90 minute. Let's concentrate on very important issues first. Thank you.

OLIVIER CREPIN-LEBLOND:

Thank you, Tatiana. Who will be performing the changes in the document? Will you be adding this to the documents?

TATIANA TROPINA:

I added this already. I changed everything so no worries about this. Thanks.

OLIVIER CREPIN-LEBLOND:

So, in the chat, it mentions also the public interest. And what else was there? A content regulation and net neutrality of topic was also suggested there in the chat. Does that fit with any of these discussions we have there? One of the things is content regulation and net neutrality is not an ICANN topic. That's the first thing that strikes me.

TATIANA TROPINA:

Exactly, Olivier. I believe that we have to avoid this not to create the wrong impression that ICANN actually have to do anything with these. The only contribution to net neutrality in this sense is not participating in the content regulation but this is carried by compliance and private ordering issue anyway.

OLIVIER CREPIN-LEBLOND:

Okay, thanks. And the public interest?

TATIANA TROPINA:

I do mind.

OLIVIER CREPIN-LEBLOND:

I guess that we need to also add this somewhere. I'm not sure on which side because public interest is somehow different track to the policy or

the accountability. Well perhaps on accountability. There needs to be the public interest in there as well.

TATIANA TROPINA:

Olivier, why don't we just share the notion of public interest in the first part? Because we have "What is so different at ICANN?" and we have the whole hour there. We can also touch public interest there. Just bear this in mind. We have to prepare some moderators to raise this issue or raise it ourselves. But then we can get into this discussion and actually it might be a nice segue to the second session. You know what I mean.

OLIVIER CREPIN-LEBLOND:

Perfect. Excellent. Let's then do this. I know that Wolf Ludwig is on the call. He leads the EURALO work in the public interest. So, perhaps if there is no public interest session at this ICANN, Wolf, would you be able to take an active role into discussing and introducing this topic for this joint Outreach session?

WOLF LUDWIG:

It was a direct question to me, I guess.

OLIVIER CREPIN-LEBLOND:

Yes, it was.

WOLF LUDWIG:

Yes, of course. If it's desired or needed, I could do it.

OLIVIER CREPIN-LEBLOND:

Okay. Excellent. That's it. Thanks very much. Let's put Wolf down. He has been doing a lot of work on this and is active in the previous public interest discussions that took place in previous meetings as well.

Okay. Excellent, and a good bridge to accountability. Okay. I think we have then gone through this whole thing. That's good. So, then we need to look at the next thing which is the Capability Building session taking place later in the week.

End-users in ICANN: A topical or discussion with At-Large. We need to develop the agenda for this. It's not too late. Tijani Ben Jemaa is with us on the call. I was wondering first shaping and really this is for everyone to come into.

Shaping this, having a general description what is At-Large, what is the ALAC, what is the GNSO, what it's all about. All of this is performed by the Newcomer track, by the Fellows, track, by the NextGen track. They have their very early daily meetings which are quite theoretical and provide them with the full details on these things.

Here, it really is down to having a topical discussion most probably on quality issues or on maybe and I'm just pouring ideas here, explaining to them how a PDP works or explaining and giving them capacity building, I don't really know, on any topic that is a seasonal topic or a topic that is important that's taking place in ICANN that is being discussed in other foreign ICANN.

Tijani, you've done a survey on many occasions or several occasions as to what topics people were interested in. Is there any suggestion that you would have for this session?

TIJANI BEN JEMAA:

Thank you very much, Olivier. As it is on the proposal you have, I have read that. Do you hear me, first? Olivier, do you hear me?

OLIVIER CREPIN-LEBLOND:

Yes, very well.

TIJANI BEN JEMAA:

Okay. As I see it on the document you distributed. It is here, capacity building. I saw that you proposed to speak about EURALO and ICANN. The role of end-users in EURALO and ICANN, something like this. If it is already defined the topic to be addressed, it would be very easy to prepare the session. But I think that we have to think about the topic to be discussed and to be closer to the hot topics discussed at ICANN and also at At-Large such as review, for example, if you want.

But when we have the topic, it will be a piece of cake. Like you say, it will be very easy to organize the session since it is only one session. And we will choose the speakers and I think you will be the best one if you speak about EURALO end-users in ICANN. But if it will be another topic, we would choose the right speak and I think there is no problem.

Do you hear me?

OLIVIER CREPIN-LEBLOND: Yes, Tijani. Okay. That sounds like a good way forward.

TIJANI BEN JEMAA: But only one thing, Olivier. We have to speed up and define the final

topic that would be addressed.

OLIVIER CREPIN-LEBLOND: Okay. I'm not quite sure I understand you.

TIJANI BEN JEMAA: We are speaking about capacity building.

OLIVIER CREPIN-LEBLOND: Yes.

TIJANI BEN JEMAA: Yes. There is a topic that you will address.

OLIVIER CREPIN-LEBLOND: So, indeed. What we have here, we've got on screen the EURALO hot

topics at the moment. I'd like to thank staff for having put that up. This was drafted a few months ago. We can see there was the jurisdiction topic was an important topic. Human rights was another important

topic, the public interests within ICANN. Remits was also another topic.

But I think the public interest is already going to be discussed with the joint EURALO NCUC session.

There were a number of other topics there that could be of interest to people in this part of the world. Maybe Tijani, if you can have a look at this and you and I and the guess the Capacity Building Working Group could be looking at this and proposing three or four topics for discussion in a round table manner. That would be helpful.

TIJANI BEN JEMAA:

Okay.

OLIVIER CREPIN-LEBLOND:

Yes, that sounds good. The scheduling of this, I'm not really sure. But let's find out with Heidi Ullrich. She's put her hand up. Heidi, you have the floor.

HEIDI ULLRICH:

Yes. Thank you, Olivier. I wanted to just point out that this document does exist and it was produced late last year. I think it's a perfect way of basis for this session that if you just choose a few of these and then engage in some discussion with them on how it might impact end users.

Then at the very end, as they know their interest is peeked, then explain how they engage within EURALO and At-Large. I think that will definitely take up the hour. Thank you very much.

OLIVIER CREPIN-LEBLOND:

Okay. Thanks for this, Heidi. That's a good point. I've had a question not here but in previous weeks asking what the difference was between the Outreach and Engagement session and the Capacity Building session.

I think that the capacity building is more session where we explain specifically what the At-Large position is on specific points. We explain the point in more depths and then explain the At-Large position. The outreach and engagement is really more of a generic general discussion on all of the topics that we've had but with the idea that it's to actually get more people to join rather than to teach someone specifically about some of the work that we do in more detail.

I guess that we have to restrict the number of hot topics that we deal with in the Capacity Building session and make sure that we don't say the same thing as what we said in the Outreach and Engagement session.

Heidi has very kindly also put the link to a similar Policy document also on the chat. That's an ALAC-wide set of issues, At-Large committee policy issues. It would be great if we can focus on quality.

Yes. Tijani Ben Jemaa. Tijani, you might be muted now.

TIJANI BEN JEMAA:

No. Now, you hear me? You hear me now?

OLIVIER CREPIN-LEBLOND:

Yes, we can hear you. Go ahead.

TIJANI BEN JEMAA:

Okay, very good. This is exactly what I wanted to say, Olivier, because if you see the large number of topics, a one-hour capacity building cannot be useful if you address several topics like this. We have to focus on one, two perhaps topics but that should be very close one to the other so that the hour we have will be useful for people to give them information to give them sometimes knowledge about the issue we want to make capacity building on.

Capacity building is to teach people, to give them information, to give them knowledge. Outreach is different, absolutely different. And you are right. Thank you.

OLIVIER CREPIN-LEBLOND:

Okay, thanks. I note that we are the top of the hour. Thanks for this, Tijani. Can you come back to us with a couple of examples or suggestion based on what we have here? Is that okay?

TIJANI BEN JEMAA:

Yes. I can do it.

OLIVIER CREPIN-LEBLOND:

That would be great. Thanks for this, Tijani. Next and we are past the usual time for us to stop but we have just a couple of things to add. First, commercial items, EURALO brochures in English, German, French and Russian. Let me turn over to, is it Heidi or Sylvia who will be providing us with details on this.

SILVIA VIVANCO:

Sorry, Olivier. Yes. The brochures are already in production. They will be printed in several languages – in English, German, French, and Russian. You will also have the business cards available for you at the booth and for you to distribute as you think appropriate. Thank you.

OLIVIER CREPIN-LEBLOND:

Okay. Thanks for this, Silvia. They'll already be shipped at the booth by the time we get there.

SILVIA VIVANCO:

They are actually going to be printed there locally, Olivier.

OLIVIER CREPIN-LEBLOND:

Okay. Excellent. All right, excellent. So, what I would ask of everyone who is on the call, by the way, is because we do have quite large quantity of brochures, if you can also pick some for yourselves to distribute at any other events that you go to in the future, please do so because we have quite large numbers of each one of the brochures in various languages. The worst thing is to then have to check them in the bin at the end of the week. The whole idea is to actually have us to also take some with us that could bridge until the next ICANN meeting.

That's great. You will have seen my response on the EURALO business cards which are going to be printed as well. There are few typos and things but we can follow-up afterwards with those.

Next, other events, the last event to speak about is the Global Equal Multi-Stakeholder Band. That's also on Tuesday, the 14th of March. The starting time should be about 20:30, 8:30 pm. It basically will start after the ISOC and ICANN session finishes. The band will start playing at about 11:00. We still haven't finalized the location. Watch this page. You'll soon be told about it.

That's pretty much everything for this. Is there Any Other Business to add, any other points to make on this call?

I just wondered if we can try, Yrjo one more time before we close off. I feel really terrible that we haven't been able to hear from Yrjo Lansipuro.

UNDENTIFIED MALE:

It doesn't seem to work.

OLIVIER CREPIN-LEBLOND:

Okay. No worries. In any case, thanks very much for having been on this call. Thank you to staff for taking the notes and making sure we're going to get this show on the road. We'll follow-up by e-mail as we have to follow-up on a number of items.

Thanks, everyone, and this call is now adjourned. Goodbye.

UNIDENTIFIED MALE:

Okay. Bye-bye. Thanks. Bye-bye.

YESIM NAZLAR:

Thank you for your participation. This meeting is now adjourned. Once again, apologies for the technical issue. Have a lovely day. Bye-bye.

[END OF TRANSCRIPTION]