
YESIM NAZLAR: Please start recording. Good morning, good afternoon, and good evening to everyone. Welcome to this NARALO General Assembly agenda call taking place on Thursday, 19th of January, 2017 at 20:00 UTC.

On the call today, we have Judith Hellerstein, Glenn McKnight, Louis Houle, and Javier Rua-Jovet.

We have received apologies from Leah Symekher and Joe Catapano.

From staff we have Silvia Vivanco and myself, Yesim Nazlar.

Finally, if I could please remind everyone to say their names before speaking for the transcription purposes. Over to you, Judith. Thank you very much.

JUDITH HELLERSTEIN: Thanks so much. I was hoping to get a better turnout for the session because we have a lot to cover, but I have a couple of good volunteers here. Oh, good, Seth is coming, great. Let's wait a minute because Seth gets very active on getting all of you all set up. Okay, perfect.

Seth, thanks for joining. We were just starting. We were waiting for more people to come so I'm glad we waited for you.

This call is to focus on the agenda. You guys volunteered – thanks so much – to help out plan the agenda. And as I discussed in the e-mail, we have to figure out how we're going to pick our policy topics and what we're going to be talking about at the event.

Note: The following is the output resulting from transcribing an audio file into a word/text document. Although the transcription is largely accurate, in some cases may be incomplete or inaccurate due to inaudible passages and grammatical corrections. It is posted as an aid to the original audio file, but should not be treated as an authoritative record.

So, Glenn, do you want to quickly and succinctly review a little bit the logistics before we get on to the policy?

GLENN MCKNIGHT:

Sure, I can do that. Hey, folks. Thanks for joining us today.

What we have is we've done a lot of work on the logistics working with the ARIN staff, ICANN staff, myself and volunteers at ARIN. We've been working at trying to work out all the nuts and bolts of coordinating, and one of the big things that needs to be done by all the ALSes is everyone has to register. They need everyone to register. We sent that notice out to everyone so that's top of the responsibilities.

But if we can scroll down in the middle panel, the logistics page, which I shared, is all the various tasks that we have been assigned to do in terms of preplanning and the actual, the event.

I'm not sure of who has control of the panel but if we can go down in the panel, down to the schedule section. What I have—

UNIDENTIFIED FEMALE:

Glenn, scrolling rights are enabled so everyone can control their own AC votes.

GLENN MCKNIGHT:

Great. Okay, everybody if you can see the center panel, you can enlarge it if you want, but what we have is each of the days' internal logistics. What we have is arrival on Sunday, depending on your flights, but the

ARIN newcomer session is from 3:00 to 4:00 on the Sunday. There's also an ARIN social at 5:30 to 6:30, and this is why it's important for everyone to register.

I know Judith has registered and I have already. You need to indicate if you're going to different things such as the social. That's why it's important to register from a logistics point of view.

And then we're looking at an informal dinner at 8:00. That's on Sunday. The next day will be at 8:00 to 9:00, we'll have our hurdle. So we have to go through the agenda, what do we want to discuss between the time of 8:00 to 9:00, and then throughout the day from 9:00 to 5:00, we have the ARIN sessions and then we have a social in the evening where we're looking at ISOC sponsoring that social at 6:30.

Then on Tuesday we have the same hurdle idea again at 8:00 to 9:00, and at that huddle we get together again and that's an opportunity to bring in people such as John Curran and others who can't be with us during our larger event on Wednesday.

So again from 9:00 to 5:00 is the ARIN session and then we have a social at 6:30, cocktails at 6:30, and then we have our dinner at 8:00. And then our full agenda is of 8:00 to 2:00 on the Wednesday. And then if all goes well, everyone is able to leave or if people want to stay longer but they have to pay their own hotel.

So that is in a nutshell the time slots we need to fill. We need to fill in what agenda items from 8:00 to 9:00 in the first two days and also the full agenda from 8:00 to 2:00 on the Wednesday, okay? Back to you, Judith.

JUDITH HELLERSTEIN: Glenn, thanks so much. I appreciate that. My question for you is I thought ARIN usually has a big social on Monday night. Are they not having that?

GLENN MCKNIGHT: To respond, I haven't seen evidence of that. There might be right after that they used to go somewhere but I haven't seen evidence of that. When that happens, we'll slot it into the evening agenda.

JUDITH HELLERSTEIN: Because if that's the case, instead of the ARIN Newcomer social, we could just have the ISOC do a larger social and since the ARIN Newcomer one is only drinks, she says, and not food, we could slot the ISOC in Sunday night instead. He's flexible.

GLENN MCKNIGHT: Yeah, well, I haven't seen what his financial commitment is. I know he's committed to a social so it'd be nice for him to actually clearly state that, what he's willing to do. We do have social from 5:30 to 6:30 so what are you suggesting, that he sponsor a dinner right after that or something else on Sunday?

JUDITH HELLERSTEIN: Or maybe we have—yes, that instead we have a larger ISOC like ARIN was planning on doing. And I can discuss that with him but he said he's

willing to have his thing any night that we chose. That's what he told me. And it's one suggestion. He's happy to make any choices.

GLENN MCKNIGHT: Okay. Silvia, you've got a question for me? Good.

SILVIA VIVANCO: Yes, thank you very much. I would like to suggest that instead of looking at the schedule as a whole and trying to fit some conversations, perhaps the best way forward is to look at the actual meeting time that you have at your disposal. I counted it's an hour so I think it's eight hours because you have on Wednesday from 8:00 to 2:00 and then one hour on Tuesday and then one hour on Monday. You have a good chunk of hour that you can use for topics so why don't we focus on that, the discussions that would take place.

JUDITH HELLERSTEIN: Silvia, great idea. We were just about to move to that one. We actually don't have those. And Silvia, Seth wants you to speak up louder because it's hard to hear.

SILVIA VIVANCO: Yes, I see that. Okay, thank you, Seth, sorry. I was just suggesting that we focus on the time that we have at your disposal for meetings and decide on the topics or whatever business that day you want to discuss. Thank you.

JUDITH HELLERSTEIN: Yes, exactly. Thanks so much, Silvia. Okay, any other logistics things before we move to the policy?

GLENN MCKNIGHT: No, no, not at this time.

JUDITH HELLERSTEIN: Okay, good, okay. The next item is the policy topics. Glenn had put together a survey last year of different policy issues and asked people in NARALO to vote on them. And the top topics they talked about were accountability and transparency, engagement and how to engagement with stakeholders, Internet governance issues, ICANN and the public interest, and security and stability.

So the question is do we want to have all these topics? Do we want to narrow them down? What do you think the focus should be on them? I'm thinking in these topics of [inaudible] to the Wednesday but one or two of them could be on a Monday, but I'm thinking that the Tuesday or Wednesday ones, the Tuesday could be like an overview of what's coming up on our first ARIN day and we would spend that first hour talking about that.

And then maybe Wednesday depending on when John Curran can speak, Tuesday or Wednesday, he will start off with that and then we could focus on some issues. But I'm thinking these larger topics are better suited when we have more time and so that's why I was thinking about doing that on that day and I'm wondering what are people's

suggestions. Do we have – either Louis or Seth – do you have any particular thoughts on this?

SETH REISS: Hello, sorry, I lost the connection. I would ask if you want to be kind enough to recap a little bit.

JUDITH HELLERSTEIN: Sure. Shall we pick five of the survey that was done in the past year? We've now done five policy topics that ALSes were very interested in and those were the ones I sent out earlier and also on the agenda screen. And I'm wondering for Wednesday, do we want to narrow these down further? Do we want to have different tables possibly doing what we want to do? And, Seth, yes. Who should be preparing them? That's also my idea. We could suggest presenters and find presenters or facilitators for each one of them.

SETH REISS: I like that idea for sure because you will need a facilitator to nurture the discussion.

JUDITH HELLERSTEIN: So do you have anyone to suggest as a facilitator?

SETH REISS: I think that we should ask our members who wants to play that role.

JUDITH HELLERSTEIN:

But a facilitator can't just be someone who's interested. You need someone who's really good on that area. There's a difference between interested and being a very good facilitator. For example, I know Olivier has been a very good facilitator on different topics and so someone who's like that who could do it.

Now, Seth, you said you're a facilitator but sometimes a facilitator doesn't necessarily have to be an expert in the topic. They can just be someone who's able to get conversation started. So in short, there are people who are expert facilitators but they're not knowledgeable that much on the subject.

So these were the largest of it that was the thing and then the thought is do we have all topics at the same time? Do we break them out and have some at different times? Do we narrow down this list? What do people think?

SETH REISS:

Well, I think that we won't be able to cover that in depth if we go down the list. We won't be able to go deep enough in any topic, I think, so maybe we could have some different tables with an expert for each of the topic that we would discuss. Some of the topics there might be very short to cover, but right now I can't answer that because I don't know who's been working on everything and the kind of information that we still have, that we have available right now.

For instance, legal and regulation, you know you can't talk about that the whole day.

JUDITH HELLERSTEIN: I know. We wouldn't be picking. I picked on... These were the surveys but on the screen I narrowed it down to the five topics, which are on the right side of the screen. Now, we also could ask for some ICANN speakers to talk about these issues and we could have them come too and discuss them.

SETH REISS: Well, I guess it's very logical.

JUDITH HELLERSTEIN: What?

SETH REISS: It's very logical.

JUDITH HELLERSTEIN: Like for instance security instability, maybe we can get one of the ICANN staff people like Patrick or someone to come in and give us a talk on that and a shot in other issues, accountability and transparency. I know we have to see who is going to be at the ARIN's meeting but maybe we could find someone to talk on that who's there. Joe. Yes, that's why I want to narrow it down to three. So of these topics, how should we narrow it down?

I looked at the survey. The percentages are [inaudible] skewed because it's [just] the people who participated but I guess that the three hot largest areas here are engagement, Internet governance, and public interest.

SETH REISS: Yes.

JUDITH HELLERSTEIN: So should we pick those three? There's very small difference between that and accountability. It's just one person so I think maybe we should just pick four. We can easily narrow it down to... We drop one off, we drop off security and instability because that got dropped off, and so we just now have engagement, Internet governance and ICANN and the public interest. We always talk [inaudible]. Okay, Seth brings up an idea. Seth, do you want to talk about why you want to drop engagement? Seth, we can't hear you. Okay, I guess his mic is not working.

LOUIS HOULE: Yes, maybe Seth's muted. I don't know. Well, anyway, I agree with Seth because we're always talking about engagement and for each of the topics that we would keep, engagement's going to be part of it somehow. Or maybe at the end of the day, we will have to talk about engagement but we don't want to spend all the time on engagement.

JUDITH HELLERSTEIN: Okay, yes. And what we could also do is we could discuss how there's increased engagement in those three areas. So we'll have accountability and transparency and we'll have Internet governance issues.

LOUIS HOULE: Yes, and public interest.

JUDITH HELLERSTEIN: Yes, and public interest.

SETH REISS: Sorry, I'm back, I'm back. Can you here me?

JUDITH HELLERSTEIN: Yes. So Seth, you want to—?

SETH REISS: I know that we spend so much time on engagement and each of the other—the assemblies and... I know it's important but it doesn't seem satisfying. My big problem is that educating all our members about all the topics going on. I think the GA meeting is a unique opportunity to do that and so I think getting high quality content out is so hard for us to assimilate everything going on. We have a monthly meeting and posting so I like the idea of having an expert.

JUDITH HELLERSTEIN: Okay. One way I think we can get engagement in other ones is besides having the policy tables for the two days, we can also talk about [it's] engagement but also how do we get more volunteers to do different things so that maybe we can just talk about different ways of trying to get more volunteers and that could be something else that we talk about.

Another thing, Tom, what we were discussing – welcome, Tom – is that we were selecting of the top policy statements that people in NARALO were interested in. We were selecting accountability and transparency, Internet governance, and the public interest, is right? Louis, you have a question?

LOUIS HOULE: Yes. Well, among the topics that you're covering, if you want to be logical, there is the IANA group who is now IANA Evolution. I'm quite surprised by the percentage of the people who want to discuss that issue because it's kind of talking about the future of the Internet there and the policy processes that we're engaging and collaborating too. And this is one of the topics I think that we should be covering because in itself it's something very important in our work so I suggest you add that topic.

JUDITH HELLERSTEIN: Louis, it's just one. We did the survey last year and we didn't get as many responses. And so you want to redo the survey? What do you want to do? It's up to you. Glenn, you created the survey.

GLENN MCKNIGHT: Yes, I did do the survey, correct.

JUDITH HELLERSTEIN: Do you want to—

LOUIS HOULE: And at the time, Glenn, we were talking about the IANA transition. Now we're talking about IANA evolution. It's a little bit different and I think that it would be interesting to cover that to a certain extent. I'm not talking about maybe for a long period but I think that it should be addressed. Thank you.

JAVIER RUA-JOVET: I really like that IANA evolution topic. You have to focus on the future, I think. I don't know if domain names are going to be there for a long, long time but we have to see what the question is so that we can state what are relevant in the next 10 years. I like that topic.

JUDITH HELLERSTEIN: Okay, Louis, do you want to be in charge of either leading it or finding us a facilitator? Louis?

LOUIS HOULE: Yes, yes, I'll try to find a facilitator and I will write something on that for the group.

JUDITH HELLERSTEIN: Okay, good. So you'll be in charge. We'll put Louis down—

LOUIS HOULE: I'll just hand you a couple of ideas.

JUDITH HELLERSTEIN: We'll put Louis down as giving suggestions for facilitators for that group, and also you're going to write us a little blurb about that so that we can send it to the facilitator? That will be great, okay.

LOUIS HOULE: Yes. I would like to add Javier with me on that because he's also interested in the topic. So Javier, you accept to exchange a couple of e-mails with me?

JUDITH HELLERSTEIN: Javier, is that okay?

JAVIER RUA-JOVET: Yeah, definitely, definitely.

LOUIS HOULE: Thank you.

JUDITH HERLLERSTEIN: Okay, who wants to take on the accountability? I think we were also talking about accountability or security. I'm just looking back on the chart. On the survey it was public interest. Okay, so public interest. Is Garth coming, Glenn? Do you think we could assign that to Garth or what? Who wants to help the—?

GLENN MCKNIGHT: Judith, may I suggest just assign people. Public interest, Evan is good on it as well. Just put names to topics and they could say no. So, yeah, Garth does consumer trust. Just put him and Evan in that and just go through the list.

JUDITH HELLERSTEIN: Okay, we'll put him and Evan in there [in the center] and then have them send us a little blurb and any suggestions for facilitators or presenters. Okay, so that one is done. On Internet governance, are we going to have anyone... Do we know from staff who's going to be there? If not, I can find a facilitator and find someone to talk on that issue.

GLENN MCKNIGHT: Judith, I'll volunteer for that one. And also the Board member, that's also an ARIN attendee. I'm sorry, I can't remember his name off the top of my head.

JUDITH HELLERSTEIN: Oh, yes, Ron.

GLENN MCKNIGHT: Yeah, put Ron and me on that one.

JUDITH HELLERSTEIN: Yes, okay. And I can help you out if you need me. Okay, that's three issues that we're talking about. We're not going to talk about accountability, or what? Do we—?

LOUIS HOULE: No, we can talk about it but we need to find a facilitator.

JUDITH HELLERSTEIN: Okay. We'll have to see who's coming. Maybe Glenn closer to the event, can we mine the list to see who's coming on that? Or do we want to put Ron da Silva on that as a Board member? Or why don't we slide in Alan for that?

GLENN MCKNIGHT: Correct.

JUDITH HELLERSTEIN: Yes, let's slot in Alan for that, assign that to Alan, and maybe have him work with Ron. I don't know if Ron can come to the meeting but we'll just have them work together.

Okay, so now we have these three topics. Now do we want this to happen at the same time and people pick a different table to go to or

are we having three different sessions? I like the idea of different tables so people can get more involved in. Louis, you raised your hand?

LOUIS HOULE:

Well, yes, I think that it would be a good idea to ask everyone what they want to be, to make a choice, in other words, and then you will see by the result how many tables we will have and how long it's going to be. You'll have your answers. So if, for instance, people will attend Evolution and if there's not enough people for a topic, well, then we'll have to make a decision on that.

JUDITH HELLERSTEIN:

Yes, okay, that's a good idea. So we will put these three or four topics out and say we're going to have them at the same time and which session are they most interested in going to, if that's what I'm hearing, right?

LOUIS HOULE:

As Tom is suggesting, maybe a doodle on that previous to the meeting will be appreciated.

JUDITH HELLERSTEIN:

No, we were planning on having this question out there beforehand, before the meeting, and saying these are planned sessions but we can't have that until we have who the facilitator is and have the blurb. So we need first before we send out the question to the people who are coming, we need to have a short paragraph about each of the topics

and who the facilitators are and we will then be able to figure out which sessions are most popular.

And, Glenn, yes we'll have a scribe that will be assigned at each table who's ever there. One person will be assigned as a scribe. Glenn, you have a hand up.

GLENN MCKNIGHT:

Okay, guys, we've got to remember this is a General Assembly. We have to come up with some deliverables. It's not just people talking to each other and small presentations or breakout. We need to walk away with some statements on where NARALO's gone, where it's come from, so we need to give an overview of our strategic plan. We have the opportunity for their feedback.

And then part number two is education of our community obviously with these breakout sessions on policies, but remember we want to get people engaged to start writing policy stuff. It's not just saying, "Oh, this is what it is," we need to remember why we're doing this General Assembly and then at the end of it is some action points. So we have to remember why we're doing this.

That's just my general comment but in terms of layout, I think short presentations then breakouts and then short presentations then breakouts, and if we can have a doodle room with a scribe who has access to summarize the points of what the table is and so that it's all documented, not on scrap but paper, this could be easily documented into a final report. And so we'll have to collate all this information and report back to ICANN. Back to you, Judith.

JUDITH HELLERSTEIN:

Yes, sure Glenn, yes. I was also going to say the scribe would then—first of all, I think we would have to have talk one, the strategic plan. That would be also a point to talk about. I want also to have a little discussion about the policy... what is it, the triple Ps? The big triple Ps or something like that. The guy who's doing it, I want him to give a little discussion on that too, and then we could break out later on for these and then come together and have each of the scribes present the discussion that was had in each of the breakouts. That way they can discuss it and then we could have the whole other points.

So Glenn, you're saying lunch should be 12:00 to 1:00 and then 1:00 to 2:00 with the summaries and action items. Okay, that's good.

Now the question is where do you think it's best to slot in Göran Marby, the CEO, who wants to come? Do we slot him in on Wednesday? Do we slot him in on the 8:00 to 9:00? He doesn't like early mornings so I don't think 8:00 to 9:00 is a very good idea. From what I understand he doesn't like early mornings. So should we have him be lunchtime speaker? What are people's thoughts?

GLENN MCKNIGHT:

Sorry, Judith. He supposedly doesn't want to do that. He wants to get down and dirty with each of the tables and move around and hear what our [committee] is on these topics. He doesn't want to stand and do a large presentation.

JUDITH HELLERSTEIN: Okay, that's great. Why don't we have him when we're doing the breakout sessions? That way he can come to each table. And then before that he could give a few minutes talk about introducing himself to people and then we'll go on to the breakouts so then he can go to the breakouts. Glenn, what do you think about that?

GLENN MCKNIGHT: That's fine.

JUDITH HELLERSTEIN: Okay. Breakfast is 8:00 to 9:00. 9:00 to 10:00 would be Strategic Plan, and then I think maybe should we have these breakouts... I guess maybe 9:00 to 9:30, Strategic Plan, and 9:30 to 10:00 would be the D triple P. Silvia, what's that group called, the Policy Group?

SILVIA VIVANCO: Sorry, what's that? Kindly repeat?

JUDITH HELLERSTEIN: The D triple P or the double Ds that's the Policy Group, the guy who's teaching the policy pilot.

SILVIA VIVANCO: Ah, the pilot, the Document Development Pilot Program.

JUDITH HELLERSTEIN: It has such a weird name I cannot remember.

SILVIA VIVANCO: It's acronym's changed a couple of times. It's the DDPP and it's now [inaudible].

JUDITH HELLERSTEIN: Even Silvia doesn't know what it is. We need a new name for this. We definitely need a new name for this. Well, there's a pilot about a policy part they're going to teach people how to write policy statements. So double D or double something, it has a weird acronym but maybe you could put it in the chat, and then we'll have that give a little overview for like a half hour or something like that. Then we'll have a little coffee break and then we'll go straight to the breakouts and have these breakouts.

SILVIA VIVANCO: Remember this is a pilot project and the consultant is under contract with ICANN so definitely we will need to check on whether he will be available to participate. But to just indicate his participation –

JUDITH HELLERSTEIN: This is where we have all the ALSes together and we want them to get the idea of what services are available. This is the best time to introduce it is what I'm saying. Glenn, what's your thought?

GLENN MCKNIGHT: Sorry, what's that?

JUDITH HELLERSTEIN: What's your thought? I thought it'd be a great time to have the guy who's writing, the consultant who's doing this pilot, introduce this and tell people about the services and about the pilot and how they can get involved and learn.

GLENN MCKNIGHT: Two people from NARALO are already assigned to that pilot, Gordon and myself, and we've only had one call. And I haven't seen much on that so I don't really see the value of Neil speaking on this or talking about it. It hasn't materialized much. They gave a contract to two people to produce some stuff but I haven't seen anything yet.

I think if you're going to talk policy, Heidi really knows policy, Ariel knows policy and they can give a really good overview on the core policy stuff and give that 20-minute overview on the core topics of why policy is important and why we have to do policy, and then breakouts on these topics.

JUDITH HELLERSTEIN: Okay, so that's Heidi so scratch that. Heidi and Ariel will be slotted to give the half-hour overview. So first we'll do Strategic Plan. So 9:00 to 9:30 Strategic Plan, 9:30 to 10:00 is Policy, then short coffee break, then we'll give breakouts about—and then we'll give 15 minutes so Göran to give a little introduction and then we'll start into the breakouts. The breakouts will, I guess, happen at 10:30 to what? Do we take an hour

and a half or an hour? Glenn, what's your thought on the slot, an hour and 15 minutes?

GLENN MCKNIGHT: Sorry, I'm reading and I'm trying to give comments so I might not really... What are you asking me now?

JUDITH HELLERSTEIN: I'm asking the others if we schedule Göran to speak at 10:15 to 10:30 and then we would have the breakouts, should the breakouts be—I think they should be more than an hour but whether they should be an hour and 15 minutes or an hour and a half, I'm looking to see what other people think about that.

GLENN MCKNIGHT: We just have to work on what's right in giving breaks and people time. But if we don't put a restrictive time and a time keeper, this thing could go on forever. The people have to be strict. Otherwise, you're going to have some people just waxing poetically for a long time and they have—

JUDITH HELLERSTEIN: Right. Well, that's what we'll do is at the tables we'll slate it in for that could take an hour and 15 minutes. We'll slate it in for that and then we'll have people going around and telling them when there's 15 minutes left and that they need to wrap up the discussions.

GLENN MCKNIGHT: Judith, I'm sorry. I'm reading the comments and Tom has asked, and he asked this before in the agenda a long time ago, he asks if he could have a spot to do a presentation on the ccTLDs. And I think that's important in terms of North American context. I think it's also important to [force] Chris to talk about the North American strategy.

JUDITH HELLERSTEIN: Well, I wanted to talk that in the very beginning. Can we have Chris talk at 9:00 am?

GLENN MCKNIGHT: Yes, okay, what about Tom's suggestion?

JUDITH HELLERSTEIN: Yes, I think it's a good idea. Tom, what did you have in mind to do? How much time did you want? Tom? Let us know how long a time you would want. While Tom's getting ready to talk, Louis you have a question. Oh, 30 minutes, okay.

LOUIS HOULE: No, it's only to remind everyone that we've been talking about that and Tom's totally right. I had some e-mail exchanges with Tom and I also agree with Tom and I would like to be talking a little bit about having a regional register which is the case of Quebec and share a couple of views on that during that part of the meeting.

JUDITH HELLERSTEIN: Can we split? Tom, can you and Louis split the half hour and talk about that?

LOUIS HOULE: Not necessarily, but I want to introduce some of the issues that we're facing with .Quebec and not a lot of the issues are shared with what Tom is living in [inaudible].

JUDITH HELLERSTEIN: So what, do you want to do a joint presentation, do you want to do a separate one? Well, I don't think we have an hour. We don't necessarily have an hour left to do because then I think the breakouts I would like them to be an hour and 15 minutes. We possibly can get 45 minutes but really I was thinking 30 minutes for both because we want to have time, as Glenn noted, for the write-ups in the summary and so we really don't have as much time on that. Another thought was maybe—Louis, you have another question?

LOUIS HOULE: Yes. It's not a question. 30 minutes is going to be fine, I think, to cover that issue and we don't have to go up to one hour. I think that 30 minutes is going to be fine.

JUDITH HELLERSTEIN: Okay, so you'll both share 30 minutes. Right, okay, that's good. Okay, yeah, because we're worrying about time. I do want and I'm thinking we might need... Glenn, you have a question but I'm thinking when we

schedule Chris at 9:00, do you want to go before Chris and talk about strategic plan and then have Chris go afterwards? What is your thought on that?

GLENN MCKNIGHT:

I strongly suggest just throw something down. We can move around the chess pieces after. Just get the timelines worked out and if it's not logical who goes where, we can move them around. I think given time, Judith, my suggestion is just create a sheet, put the names, put the time slots in.

I just want to go back to what Tom was talking about. I just want to stress that we're going to have an opportunity to meet each other and have some icebreakers and get to know each other at the round-robin. So each of us will have a chance to stand up and say what our passion is, what we're interested in impressing upon ICANN.

We have a great opportunity now. Göran has been gracious enough to join us. We'll have Chris Mondini, the VP, there as well. We'll have staff. This is our opportunity to shine. This is our opportunity to tell them what North America needs from an end user perspective. This is a great opportunity and we're housed within ARIN. We're going to stand out.

We'll also have a table for outreach as well, which I need to talk about at some other stage, but I'm just saying, Tom, Javier and myself are creating these little baseball cards and we're going to be able to summarize what our passions are and trade it with our group. So this is going to be an interesting opportunity during the social and afterwards

to really make some connection. Sorry, Judith, I just wanted to stress that.

JUDITH HELLERSTEIN: No, no, that's great. That would be good, yes. We don't want the icebreakers... Do you think we should have the icebreakers the first time on the Monday or do you think we should do it on Wednesday? Icebreakers on Monday, okay, so we'll do the icebreakers on Monday and then we'll do an explanation of the sessions that we'll see and what's going on. And then we have to figure out who's going to speak on Tuesday and then we'll just plan the schedule for the other things.

When should we invite Göran to speak? Should he come when we discuss the strategic plan? That might be an interesting thing. I don't know, how long, Silvia, can he stay?

SILVIA VIVANCO: I cannot tell you already now but I assume it would be one hour, maybe two. We will need to check on his availability.

JUDITH HELLERSTEIN: Yes, because if he could stay two hours then that might be good because then he could come for the Strategic Plan discussions and part of the breakouts, and I think that might be somewhat good idea to get a flavor.

And then I also think it might be interesting to hear what people have to say at the Strategic Plan to impress upon Chris the need for a strategic

plan for North America. And possibly he will hear us more if his boss is there but I don't know how political that thinking is, unless anyone has other ideas. Any other ideas? No ideas, okay.

Okay, if anyone has any good icebreaker topics to do on that Monday morning, that would be great and we could submit some ideas. I think I love the idea of playing cards and maybe you guys can—Glenn, can you lead the icebreakers? Can you and Javier lead the icebreakers?

GLENN MCKNIGHT: Sure, just put us down. Judith, just assign people. We don't have to have votes. You have to do it like [Cheryl], you know, "Oh, thanks, Javier. Thanks, Louis. Thanks, Seth." That's all.

JUDITH HELLERSTEIN: Okay. We're coming to the end and we've pretty much discussed most of the topics. Does anyone have anything else to add? Nothing, good. Okay, we'll put it on the calendar, we'll fill off the wiki, and then we'll ask people for feedback on putting these items down on the agenda thing and we'll try to figure out where to go and then to ask people for suggestions. Silvia, was that you?

SILVIA VIVANCO: I was saying very good.

JUDITH HELLERSTEIN: Okay, okay, we are now calling this meeting over. One minute to spare.

SILVIA VIVANCO: Thank you.

GLENN MCKNIGHT: Thanks, everybody. Thanks, Judith.

YESIM NAZLAR: Thank you all. This meeting is now adjourned. Have a lovely rest of the day. Bye-bye.

[END OF TRANSCRIPTION]