
YESIM NAZLAR: Good morning, good afternoon, and good evening to everyone. Welcome to the NARALO General Assembly Logistics call taking place on Thursday, 12th of January, 2017 at 16:00 UTC.

On the call today we have Glenn McKnight, and from staff we have Heidi Ullrich, Silvia Vivanco, Susie Johnson, Evin Erdoğan, and myself, Yesim Nazlar.

I would like to underline that we have an apology from Judith Hellerstein.

Of course, I would like to remind everyone to state their names before speaking for the transcription purposes.

Thank you very much. Over to you, Silvia.

SILVIA VIVANCO: Okay. Thank you very much. Hello, everyone. We will just check in very quickly on the item list. And there is a list on the screen. And the ones that are highlighted in red are not going. So that's what we were discussing. Glenn, if you want to comment or Susie. I think she had some questions.

GLENN MCKNIGHT: I don't know if other people have a problem but you're fading out again, Silvia. I'm sorry. I'm not sure if it's your phone or your voice but you are petering out in your volume.

Note: The following is the output resulting from transcribing an audio file into a word/text document. Although the transcription is largely accurate, in some cases may be incomplete or inaccurate due to inaudible passages and grammatical corrections. It is posted as an aid to the original audio file, but should not be treated as an authoritative record.

SILVIA VIVANCO: Sorry about that. I'll try to speak up, the closest I can to the phone.

GLENN MCKNIGHT: I can hear you now. I'm just giving you feedback that you were fine and then at the last part of your comments you start to disappear. So that'd be great. Thank you.

SILVIA VIVANCO: Thanks. Okay.

GLENN MCKNIGHT: Sorry. Go ahead, Silvia.

SILVIA VIVANCO: No, that's all. Thank you. I'm just summarizing what we discussed before the recording. So we can start going over the items on the wiki page as however you prefer. Maybe we start with the item list and then we go through the hotel arrangements and budget, etc. Please take it away.

GLENN MCKNIGHT: I'm happy to go over the page. So the page that you see on the screen basically outlines if you guys want to put the link to the page itself. So the first step in the game right now is to get those people confirmed and I think we got them in on schedule. We did have a delay with the

unaffiliated designate. We had some time issues there, but William Cunningham is the person that has been selected. We didn't get that message out earlier than we should have then we would have had a better return. But William Cunningham is the person that's representing unaffiliated. That's the way it is.

Are you okay with those timelines, Susie, with the list? You're okay for organizing working with CT staff?

SUSIE JOHNSON: Yes.

GLENN MCKNIGHT: Okay. Perfect. Okay, so we have that confirmation. What I was going to do is send out a survey – Silvia has seen it and Judith – for feedback just to send out to that list now that we have the list set up. It's a short Google form asking people's food preferences and whatnot.

I just want to throw this up right off the top – I can't get a straight answer from ISOC but ISOC has told Judith – I haven't seen this – but has told Judith that they were looking at keeping the ISOC Chapter members there longer and they would pay for the hotel and all that stuff. I don't really care one way or another what their plans are. So we shouldn't be impacted. But they were looking at an extra day for many of the members who are ISOC reps to stay. I'm just giving you guys the heads up. Mark has not been straightforward on this. He's supposed to get back. I'm chasing him. So I'm just giving you the heads up.

Probably about a third of the people that are representing ISOC Chapters – that’s the ISOC New York, Washington, Canada, Colorado, San Francisco, and if I’m forgetting anyone else – those may stay extra but it’s not our cost. It would be a cost born by ISOC.

Any questions on that?

HEIDI ULLRICH:

Yes. Just really quickly Glenn – we just need to know by the time that Constituency Travel starts sending the “Welcome” e-mails with the assigned dates so they don’t book and then ISOC comes in later on and says, “Oh, well. Wait. We’re going to have to redo those tickets.” So we just need to do that.

GLENN MCKNIGHT:

Absolutely. And that’s why I’m a little irritated, why the games are going on with them, why they can’t be straight shooters. They’re the ones that asked for this – not formally, there’s no paper trail – it’s just sidebar conversation with Judith. So we need to just as an action item to again, try to get him and I’ll go over his head to his VP or even to their Presidents and ask them, just give some straight goods on this. This isn’t so difficult to get a straight answer.

They were supposed to sponsor a Social in one of the evenings as well. Again, I don’t have paper trail. It’s just hearsay to Judith. I’m very uncomfortable with that sort of stuff. I would like to have proof and that the money is there and the commitment is there. So we have some

loose ends on the ISOC side of things, but Judith and I will follow up with the ISOC people.

Okay. In terms of the attendees, I'm assuming when the list is set up many of the people have their financial information for deposits of the stipends and stuff already and I think it's called WBEN for U.S. Is that correct?

HEIDI ULLRICH: I'm sorry. What is that? WBE – oh, I know. Well most of them have filled these out already. Go ahead, Susie.

SUSIE JOHNSON: You mean to fill out the financial forms?

GLENN MCKNIGHT: Yeah. I guess a lot of these people are new, like Avri obviously, myself, and Alan, and Evin. There could be some people that don't have their WBEN done. I'm just alerting that that might be an issue.

SUSIE JOHNSON: Not only that, if they're from foreign countries we also have to do OFAC checks. Could you send that to me today please, and I'll have Legal run the OFAC checks and then I will send you the forms for the WB for the financial forms. Actually the financial forms, we need those filled out. We need to have them. ICANN needs... the Finance Department has to have a copy of that before the monies can go out.

GLENN MCKNIGHT: Yes. That's why I'm bringing it up.

Okay, so that's in the attendee list. That's the second item. We talked about the confirmations already under attendees, the banking info. So as an action item we need to send out that notification to complete the WBEN now. Do we have the wording for that for the e-mail and the links? I think it's a standard e-mail they sent out before, correct?

SUSIE JOHNSON: Are you asking me?

GLENN MCKNIGHT: I'm just asking anyone. I remember seeing it in an e-mail years ago when I actually filled [my] out, but I think there's some proper wording before that e-mail goes out.

HEIDI ULLRICH: Yeah, I'm pretty sure that there... Go ahead, Susie.

SUSIE JOHNSON: Is he talking about the WB – the financial form or the OFAC form?

GLENN MCKNIGHT: Usually what happens is an e-mail goes out to anyone and it lists both – the links to both and so people can download and what to do with them, who to send it to.

SUSIE JOHNSON: Actually, I usually send them out to any new vendors. Anyone who is going to be receiving monies from ICANN is considered a vendor. So I usually send the forms out, the attachments out, and I ask them to complete. That there is no e-mail coming from anyone, maybe it was done in the past but for the past four years it's been me sending individual vendors.

GLENN MCKNIGHT: Can I ask you a question, Susie? Will you take care of sending an e-mail to each of the ALS delegates? Is that what you're doing?

SUSIE JOHNSON: Only the new delegates. Only new people that are [barely] joining us.

GLENN MCKNIGHT: Okay. So you want as an action item for me to give you a list of who I think is new that you do not have, correct?

SUSIE JOHNSON: Yes. Correct. And I also need their e-mail addresses please.

GLENN MCKNIGHT: Names and e-mails. Okay. Got it.

SUSIE JOHNSON: Thank you.

GLENN MCKNIGHT: [Inaudible] to Susie. Okay. That's an action item. Fine. Okay, so that's the banking details. So what about the hotel bookings? Do we have confirmation for the block of hotel rooms and which room? Is it in the same location as the ARIN conference or is it down the street?

SUSIE JOHNSON: No, it's in the same location. That's why it's a little higher, the rate, because it's in the same location. We don't have confirmation yet because we're still working on the travel database.

GLENN MCKNIGHT: Okay. Sorry, can you repeat what hotel that is then?

SUSIE JOHNSON: Okay. One moment please. Let me look it up.

GLENN MCKNIGHT: While Susie's looking that up, I think the call went pretty good on the budget stuff this morning. What do you guys think?

HEIDI ULLRICH: Yeah, I thought it did. Some of the questions were a little more over my head than I had anticipated, but I hope that Rob came on and gave the explanations.

GLENN MCKNIGHT: Yeah. My view is that even if it's rejected it's in the queue. I think that's the positive thing. No doesn't mean no. That's a very positive thing.

HEIDI ULLRICH: [Inaudible] definitely. Glenn, just really quickly. Basically now we've got a process – and it's getting better all the time internally as well – where there is really every chance for us to, if they're within reason etc. and they meet the criteria, that they are accepted in some way. Okay, Susie. Sorry.

GLENN MCKNIGHT: Okay. We got the hotel. She typed it in. Hotel Monteleone.

Okay. Perfect. So you have the list now so I guess Susie just asked you, I guess you'll get back to the hotel on locking that down, I guess.

SUSIE JOHNSON: We just need the names and they are saving the rooms for us and we just need to send them the travel database.

GLENN MCKNIGHT: Perfect. Okay. Well, that's pretty well done. We have our list for... The only question that still remained, Heidi, that was bounced around was and Judith asked about, if Judith's ALS or my ALS has two extra people because Judith and I are officers of NARALO. We didn't get an answer on that, or maybe we [did].

HEIDI ULLRICH: We needed to wait until we got the members, and I think that we're basically pushing the budget right now. I would say at this point no, that you would need to be the reps of your ALS.

GLENN MCKNIGHT: Okay. So we got that locked down. The only other question is, I made a request that I could be there a day early to work with the ARIN people and ICANN staff for any logistics and any stuff to set up. That was my other request.

HEIDI ULLRICH: Yeah, so just a couple of things on that – we decided that because of the budget we're going to prioritize getting as many people there – the ALS reps and you guys. Second, we want to make sure that we have enough for the dinner. Third, we want to make sure that we're going to have a decent amount for the per diems. And then if there's funding available then we can bring you in a day early.

However, At-Large staff and Susie, we're only going to get there Sunday morning, just so you know as well. I don't know what you can all do before then.

GLENN MCKNIGHT: Okay. Fair enough. Alright. I'm just going to move on to the attendee [kits]. What I was kicking around – and I think I sent you guys a picture of what the NARALO buttons look like. They're the same as what the

comps did for the look and feel of the APRALO buttons with the big swath of red on the bottom and NARALO on the button itself. They're not as large as the other button but it does have our slogan on it: "Many Voices, One Internet." So they're a nice little button. They'll be clipped on the lanyards of the ARIN. So all of us will be known to anyone else that we have the button. I'll post the buttons.

Let's see if I have... no I don't. I will send you guys all a picture. I did a photograph of the button so you can see it. I'll do a size comparison so you can see the differences in the size. I have 30 buttons that I've produced for the event.

Second thing is that Javier and myself are creating something called "ALS Scorecards." They're going to look a little bit like a baseball card with the scores of various individuals or ALSes so they're at a quick glance it's like trading cards concept. He's working on it. We're hopefully have one of Alfredo's students who is a Photoshop expert to actually do a mock-up of what the cards will look like. They'll be a standard playing card but they would look like a baseball card. And it's simple stats so each of the delegates will have score cards so in a very quick glance they can get intelligence on each of the members that are going to be there.

HEIDI ULLRICH:

Glenn, I've seen them and I think that they're a great idea. But I just also want to ask, are you expecting to do or planning on doing an icebreaker at one of maybe the early morning meetings so everyone can get to know each other in addition to that?

GLENN MCKNIGHT: Yeah, and that goes to the next item on agenda. Yes, it will be. And those cards would be one of the ways to escalate the icebreaker concept and we can play off those cards as a way to do it indeed. And that could be on the Sunday in the afternoon or before the Social, or it can be one of the mornings on Monday morning at 8:00. Either or.

If everyone's in there on the Sunday afternoon for the Newcomer's session, then we'll probably do that before the Newcomer's session. But the agenda is Judith's responsibility, so I need to touch base with her on when she wants to have that icebreaker. But yeah, it will happen.

HEIDI ULLRICH: Okay. So just before we –

GLENN MCKNIGHT: Sorry, I lost Heidi.

HEIDI ULLRICH: Can you hear me now?

GLENN MCKNIGHT: Yeah. I lost you for a second.

HEIDI ULLRICH: Okay. So we have a really good announcement, and that is Göran is confirmed and going to come to the meeting. What we'd like to do – we

don't know whether he's coming the whole time. We suspect only two days – so we need to work with you on a couple of things. One is identify those dates. I'm suspecting it might be Tuesday – Wednesday. We need to do also we can see if... I know that you know John Curran.

GLENN MCKNIGHT: Yes.

HEIDI ULLRICH: So if we could make sure that we get a nice meeting together with Göran and John, that would be excellent.

GLENN MCKNIGHT: That would be a great idea. I'm sorry, when do we have the agenda call? Is it today, too? Silvia, what's the schedule for the agenda call?

SILVIA VIVANCO: I'm checking. I think it's next week.

GLENN MCKNIGHT: Heidi, will you be able to join us on that call?

HEIDI ULLRICH: Absolutely. And I think we need to get Chris Mondini in there as well, but I want to make sure that [inaudible] us in NARALO that sets the agenda for Göran and that means that we need to ensure that Göran... Because he's coming down there not only for NARALO but also for the...

and secondly he loves the idea of having it on the sidelines of a registry but also just so we can facilitate the connections between [ARIN] and ICANN as well.

GLENN MCKNIGHT: Okay, so we've got to make sure that's in the agenda discussion next week. I'm sorry. I don't know exactly which day and time that is. I'm on a sidebar. That's Judith's responsibility.

HEIDI ULLRICH: But you're going to be involved in that, right?

GLENN MCKNIGHT: Yeah.

HEIDI ULLRICH: Okay.

GLENN MCKNIGHT: I'm definitely taking care of the logistics. She's taking care of the agenda. Definitely it's a logistics thing as well. For sure.

SILVIA VIVANCO: I'm checking the calendar. It's not posted there yet. I think the Doodle is still open so I'm going to check with Terri on the status.

GLENN MCKNIGHT: Okay.

SILVIA VIVANCO: The last thing I saw it was on I think it was 18 or 17. But I'll follow up on that.

GLENN MCKNIGHT: Yeah, but still on our minutes today because agenda is an item that those items are highlighted – verification that Göran is coming. Second of all I'll follow up with Susan Hamlin on a discussion time to see how the schedule is. I'm suspecting John is going to address our group either on the Sunday or before his meeting because he's going to be tied up in the other room with his stuff. So either he addresses the group at 8:00 in the morning... Whatever happens we'll work that out.

HEIDI ULLRICH: Also, are you planning on inviting him to the Wednesday GA at any point?

GLENN MCKNIGHT: Who is this? Sorry – who? John or Göran?

HEIDI ULLRICH: Yes, John.

GLENN MCKNIGHT: Yes, of course. It depends on his schedule because they're doing a wrap-up on [inaudible].

HEIDI ULLRICH: Okay. Yeah, if we could reach out to that. And again, just a heads up that Göran, I think he prefers interaction where he's part of a group rather than any kind of speech. I think he'd rather learn.

GLENN MCKNIGHT: The agenda – and again, I'm speaking out of turn here – but to be effective, having people just speaking to you for the entire time doesn't produce results and if he could circulate – and we have pen holders depending on the topic – and if he can circulate and meet as many people as possible and get his comments in on each of those tables and that that's all the logistics, and that's one of the requests we had from the logistics is the room, the size, the table layout, and so that it's conducive to discussion. So that's great.

HEIDI ULLRICH: One possible idea is that we have part of the agenda – and I know that's Judith's realm – but we could possibly do like a round table of identifying, just being open and honest, about what some of the challenges are and maybe come up with some solutions on that.

GLENN MCKNIGHT: Yes. Perfect. On the same page, further down the page, I put in just a very quick agenda schedule going through. And so we should add Heidi's comments on to that and then I'll follow up with Judith.

What's happening is Silvia and I have an open Skype window that any of these topics when they come up we're just dumping stuff. Judith is tied up it looks like today, but I will follow up with her on these suggestions so that it's incorporated. Long story short, absolutely all the suggestions you suggest will be incorporated into the agenda. I don't see any issues with that.

Okay. I jumped the gun a little bit on the conference room. Susie, you have the room confirmed and we need the room layout, what audio/visuals are going to be there, what flip charts. We can set up maybe a shared session docs so each of the sessions when they're discussing stuff that whoever is the pen holder they can dump the content to say a shared Google doc. Those are logistic stuff for the actual day when we do our GA.

A question back to Susie – do you have the designated room and a floor plan?

SUSIE JOHNSON: Not yet. I'm scheduled to speak with them today.

GLENN MCKNIGHT: Okay, please. That would be great. In addition to the conference room, what I suggested is that I've asked Susan Hamlin is to have a separate table which is a NARALO table so we can do outreach to ARIN members.

What we will need is the banner. And you see it further down on collateral – the mail cards and banner. Those are two requests.

SUSIE JOHNSON: The banner we may not have, but we're working on it. It will depend on when the ship set sail from India will arrive in Los Angeles.

GLENN MCKNIGHT: Of the NARALO banner?

SUSIE JOHNSON: All the banners are on the ship. All RALO banners are on the ship. The ship only comes to Los Angeles once a year. Yes?

HEIDI ULLRICH: Are you kidding me? Really?

SUSIE JOHNSON: Yes.

HEIDI ULLRICH: Susie, could you find out from Meetings Team or Josh when that ship's scheduled to be here? I know that we have several months still but otherwise we need to get a banner set. Either that is part of Jana's budget or Chris's budget or something. What you could also do, Glenn, is use that RALO funding to get a banner. They're about \$300 so it's not very much.

GLENN MCKNIGHT: Yeah, let's just run with it. I can't wait for the boat to arrive. Let's just run with... I can fill out that form and ask for another banner. That's money well spent. We need a banner and we need it at [inaudible].

HEIDI ULLRICH: Could you also put in things like incidentals like a table cover, poster board, things like that? Just little incidentals that you might wish to hand out. Do you want to hand out little USB drives? Do you want to do that? Do we have enough that we can give those out?

GLENN MCKNIGHT: I don't know. [Inaudible].

HEIDI ULLRICH: Or do we put in another order, Susie? Susie, do we have funds to put in an order for that?

SUSIE JOHNSON: We don't have funds in – okay [inaudible].

HEIDI ULLRICH: Otherwise, Glenn can use that document for the GSE funds to put in for USB drives as well.

SUSIE JOHNSON: Glenn, don't put in for the banner yet until we find out where the ship is, if the shipment is already in L.A. or not. I don't go into the office anymore so I don't know. Give me until the end of day today.

GLENN MCKNIGHT: I'm still going to submit the form today and we won't do anything until the end of the day but at least Heidi will have that request for the banner [inaudible].

HEIDI ULLRICH: It goes to Chris. And just to confirm that, you're going to ask for a banner – and Susie, frankly if they have two, that's fine in my view. It's just otherwise we're always waiting for that ship to sail.

SUSIE JOHNSON: That's true.

HEIDI ULLRICH: So a pop-up is fine, USB drives, incidentals for information tables, and then just go with that. Just put incidentals maybe listing \$100 worth of that. And then we can do that. I think that's probably all we need right now for that.

SUSIE JOHNSON: Okay, the pop-up, I'm going to send you the artwork so it can be identical to the one we have.

HEIDI ULLRICH: Yeah, so basically once that comes in then go ahead and send that to Jana and myself and to Chris Mondini so we all can see it, okay?

SUSIE JOHNSON: Me or Glenn?

HEIDI ULLRICH: Yeah. If you could do that because I think it's going to go through Chris. Glenn's going to send it through this RALO GSE funding so it's going to be Chris acting on it as far as I know.

SUSIE JOHNSON: So it's Jana, Heidi, who else?

HEIDI ULLRICH: Chris Mondini and Joe Capitano, and Silvia if you want to have everyone in the loop, too, and yourself. We're getting too many people involved.

SUSIE JOHNSON: Okay.

GLENN MCKNIGHT: The only thing is, I would like to keep that banner so that when people do local events that I can get it to them.

HEIDI ULLRICH: That's fine. Like AFRALO now has to keep one with us and keep one in the Kenya Engagement Office [with] a member of the office. So if you want to keep it or if you keep it in either the D.C. or L.A. office as you wish.

GLENN MCKNIGHT: Okay. So we're going to go back to an item that Silvia asked me. She wanted the picture of what the buttons look like. It was an item that I mentioned a couple of minutes ago. So I asked her just to put it on the AC platform temporary so everybody can see what the buttons are. So that'll come up in a second.

Heidi, would you mind sending that form again? I think it's an MS Word form. Instead of me looking for it, just fire it off to me and I'll as soon as possible [inaudible].

HEIDI ULLRICH: It's actually on the NARALO agenda from this past [week]. If you're okay with it, we will add it to the portal. We have added it. Okay, Silvia, if you could add it to the portal. We've done that to all other RALOs. We did [inaudible] on the NARALO one so we didn't do it there. But Silvia, if you could do that and then just let Glenn know when it's there please.

GLENN MCKNIGHT: And then I'll work on it and any other edits if I miss anything.

Folks, on the screen right now is the buttons. They are smaller than the oversized ones that we used in Hyderabad but what I did there is I used the same look and feel with the logo, ICANN and NARALO in the... it's a little hard to read but it's our slogan. Those will be just pinned on the lanyards. Just to self-identify who we are. I know some people hate buttons. I'm sorry. I know some people have said they want ribbons and they may want a hat and they may want a T-shirt, but you can only do one thing at a time. I got 30 of these made from a friend of mine, so that's my contribution. So there they are. I will try to do a photo of side by side on the size. But I think they're a more attractive size – my personal opinion – because they're a tiny smaller.

Any comments?

Okay. Silvia says they're nice. Okay, thank you.

If we can go back to the document please, Yesim.

Yesim, you introduced me as “Mac”Knight. I don't want to be particular but “Mac” is not Irish. That's Scottish and that's “Mac”Donald. My name's “Mc”Knight. So just for future reference. I don't want to be picky but I'm [upset].

YESIM NAZLAR: Thank you for that, Glenn.

GLENN MCKNIGHT: One of the few things I own is “Mc.”

YESIM NAZLAR: So it's Glenn "Mc" – it's not "Mac"Knight.

GLENN MCKNIGHT: No, it's not "Mac"Knight. I'm not being picky, I'm just –

YESIM NAZLAR: The correct version is? Could you please repeat it one more time?

SILVIA VIVANCO: Could you repeat for all of us, Glenn. I've been pronouncing it wrong.

GLENN MCKNIGHT: It means it's Gaelic for "Son of Knight." That's what "Mc" is and it's an Irish Belfast name and it's "Mc"Knight, not "Mac"Knight. Everybody makes that mistake.

YESIM NAZLAR: "Mc"Knight. Okay. Thank you. Perfect.

GLENN MCKNIGHT: Sorry, I –

YESIM NAZLAR: No worries. Good to know. Always good to know. Thank you.

GLENN MCKNIGHT: Yes, thank you.

Back to the form – I need to scroll it down. I'm not getting control to drop down my plugin Shockwave has decided to stop working so whoever has access to the form, where did we leave off? I think we talked about the layout and the logistics, okay. Is it working now? Yeah, sorry.

Okay, schedule – if you go...okay, sorry I jumped ahead. The NARALO banner, we talked about that form – I'll fire that off, the mail cards – do you think we'll have those ready for distribution through comp?

SILVIA VIVANCO: We definitely should have them ready, but first we were going to ask for some [feedback].

GLENN MCKNIGHT: Okay. I'll fire off another e-mail to the list. As you guys know. You were on our Monday call. It got somewhat sidetracked because of the election. About 50% of our call got sucked up by that. So we didn't really have a chance to ask people for mail card feedback, but I will send off an e-mail again with the content asking for any final comments, give it a few days for feedback.

SILVIA VIVANCO: And Glenn, on that I also have received from comp the business card so I will send it to you as well so you can check it and approve it.

GLENN MCKNIGHT: Perfect.

SILVIA VIVANCO: So you will have printed mail business cards.

GLENN MCKNIGHT: Okay. Excellent.

The last item is a survey. I'm not sure what I'll do that in, whether a Survey Monkey or somewhere. If I could know if we have an account with survey Monkey instead of Google forms, either Gizmo or Monkey would be good and we can start designing this survey and the sooner we start formulating that the better. And then that same format can be used by any other RALO or they can make changes. Do we have access to a Survey Monkey or a survey [inaudible].

SILVIA VIVANCO: I am aware that ICANN IT staff doesn't use Survey Monkey anymore and they are using the software the [inaudible] Clicktools to run surveys. That is what is used by our IT by our ICANN staff. Clicktools it's called. I don't know why, I think they can also use Google surveys.

GLENN MCKNIGHT: It's either one. I have that short ALS survey that I'll send out very soon but it's the extensive one that would be nice. But you tell me, guys, which would you prefer?

HEIDI ULLRICH: Ariel has said that yes, confirmed that ICANN uses Clicktools but she says she doesn't recommend it and she would recommend Google Forms because it's free. She's reminding me that you've made a survey before on Google Forms.

GLENN MCKNIGHT: Lots of them.

HEIDI ULLRICH: Okay, so that might be the best thing.

GLENN MCKNIGHT: You guys are happy with it. I'm happy with it. I'll start the survey and I'll have you all join it so you can add sections and I'll give people a chance to vent. That's fine. I just think the Form isn't perfect. I think Survey Gizmo and Survey Monkey are better, but that's my opinion. But if that's what we've got to work with, that's what we've got to work with.

The next thing is the schedule. So you can see the Newcomer's schedule on the sheet. On the Sunday, the Newcomer's session starts at 2:00 – that's everyone that's new to ARIN is welcome to that session. So that's a great opportunity for people to learn more about ARIN besides two

mandatory sessions that we've organized with Chris [Tasset], one coming up on the 8th of February actually. The Newcomer's session's at 2:00 and then there's a Social at 6:30.

HEIDI ULLRICH: Glenn, could we distinguish on this whether it's going to be an ARIN one or whether it's a NARALO one? Silvia – if that's okay with you, Glenn – if we could put "ARIN Newcomer's Session" on there?

SILVIA VIVANCO: Yes. Good point.

GLENN MCKNIGHT: I don't want to edit the form because I don't want to fight with somebody over the form. So Silvia, you're doing the editing right now?

SILVIA VIVANCO: Okay. I can do it. I have to open the wiki.

GLENN MCKNIGHT: Okay. So what Heidi asked is the Newcomer's session, that's the ARIN Newcomer's session. That's open to everyone and that's at 2:00.

SILVIA VIVANCO: Okay. I'm opening the wiki.

GLENN MCKNIGHT:

And then before the ARIN sessions all day Monday and Tuesday we were thinking that's where we could have the icebreakers, that's where we can have John Curran addressing the group, and we have that timeline between 8:00 and 9:00 each Monday and on Tuesday. So as soon as Judith gives me details then we can agree on how to use that hour. So we have 8:00 to 9:00 on Monday and Tuesday. Then our own General Assembly really formally is from 8:00 to 2:00 on the Wednesday. ARIN sessions are from 9:00 to 5:00 each on the Monday and Tuesday, and they do some kind of wrap-up on Wednesday morning but it doesn't affect us.

Departures, depending on flight schedules, either afternoon or evening and in some cases we may even be stuck with some morning exit flights. And if ISOC can be more transparent on what they want to do, it will affect some of the people. I don't know.

Socials – on the Sunday night 6:30 – that's the ARIN Social. Monday, I believe, is ISOC expressed an interest in sponsoring a Social on Monday. Our Social is at 6:30 and then our dinner on Tuesday night.

HEIDI ULLRICH:

On the Tuesday one – what is NARALO planning? Is that just for NARALO members? Are you opening that up to ARIN people, etc.?

GLENN MCKNIGHT:

I'd love to open it. If ISOC's willing to pay for the freight, I'd love to have it open because it's a chance for everybody to meet each other. It's a co-mingle, right? It's respectful to the ARIN community as well.

HEIDI ULLRICH: Okay. Silvia, are you noting this? At the Monday one, just put "ARIN Social." So that under Monday. Sorry, Sunday is ARIN. Monday is ISOC. Tuesday is ICANN/At-Large or NARALO. And also I've noticed that further up on the table there's basically a duplication: "Briefing Sessions: and then "General Assembly." Monday and Tuesday it's listed 8:00 to 9:00. Could we just put the General Assembly Wednesday 8:00 a.m. to 2:00 p.m. and then put NARALO Briefing Sessions Monday and Tuesday 8:00 to 9:00 a.m. Basically delete, Silvia, the 8:00 to 9:00 under General Assembly on Monday and Tuesday. It's just confusing.

SILVIA VIVANCO: Okay.

GLENN MCKNIGHT: I just want to confirm, Silvia, I see what Heidi's saying. It makes sense. Silvia, you've got that?

SILVIA VIVANCO: I'm saving first the social events –

HEIDI ULLRICH: Okay, let me refresh and see if you can follow that.

Also, I know that Susie I think had to drop off the call. She's on another call. Do you recall, I think we're getting breakfast, right? Or do we get breakfast in the hotel? Did Susie mention that by any chance?

GLENN MCKNIGHT: Yeah, we have the same room where we're having the meeting at 8:00 to 9:00, that's the breakfast room. We have breakfast on all three of the days.

HEIDI ULLRICH: Perfect.

GLENN MCKNIGHT: We have lunch [supplied]. We have snacks provided – both morning and afternoon snacks.

HEIDI ULLRICH: Okay. So Silvia, basically I'll just quickly edit this here so it's clear to everyone down on the schedule. Here we go finally. Technical issues today are...

SILVIA VIVANCO: Yes. I think [inaudible].

HEIDI ULLRICH: It's not opening.

SILVIA VIVANCO: It takes a long time to open – long time.

HEIDI ULLRICH: Yeah, okay. I'm going to –

GLENN MCKNIGHT: And Susie's gone you were saying?

HEIDI ULLRICH: Yeah, I think she had to step off about four minutes ago.

GLENN MCKNIGHT: I see her still on the participant list but she's probably just jumped.

HEIDI ULLRICH: Yeah, she's had to open a call.

Okay, I'm just going to say, "NARALO GA General Briefing Sessions 8:00 to 9:00" and then, "NARALO General Assembly 8:00 to 2:00 p.m." I'm going to say, "Breakfast included." That's okay just so people are abundantly clear. And on Wednesday we have breakfast and lunch included. "Breakfast and lunch included."

Okay. Perfect. And then so we've got that and Social. Perfect, okay.

And then the dinners, these are NARALO GA dinners, right? "NARALO GA Dinners." So the one on Sunday is an informal affair, right? Informal dinner. And the one on – do I call it formal or just group dinner or something? "NARALO Group Dinner."

GLENN MCKNIGHT: Whatever. And that's the one you've decided I think it's a typical Cajun.

HEIDI ULLRICH: Yeah, but we need to make sure that there's stuff for vegetarians as well and non-shellfish and things like that.

Okay, if you could refresh please if you're on that page? Let me know what you're thinking about that?

GLENN MCKNIGHT: So what you're seeing there is the 100,000 feet day-by-day playbook. The fleshing out the details on each of those times that we're together, making sure that Göran has time, making sure our co-hosts at ARIN has time, making sure that ISOC has an opportunity to address the group, and we want to have all these people in. And especially with Christopher and yourself and Göran integrated into our GA that it's not a talking heads thing but each of the breakout groups that they're welcome to participate.

At the end of the day, what I'm assuming – we're walking away with a vision, we're walking away with some strategies, we're walking away with, "Where do we go in the future?" we're coalesced as a group. So working at the end that we've achieved what we set out to do.

SILVIA VIVANCO: Yes. Sounds good. Okay. I'm looking at the edits... NARALO...yes. Okay. What Heidi did on the wiki page on the schedule, it's okay..."Breakfast included," "Breakfast included," "Breakfast and lunch..." Okay.

GLENN MCKNIGHT: I don't see changes, but maybe I have to hit refresh?

HEIDI ULLRICH: Yes. Hit refresh.

GLENN MCKNIGHT: Okay. I jumped right out of the room. I hit the wrong refresh. There we go. Yes. Those are good edits.

I think that's it for what I had down, and I think Susie is... I think if there was anything glaring or missing I think Susie would have brought it up already I assume.

Anybody, anything we're missing on this? I know what's missing is the full detail on the agenda but we'll have a call pretty soon. Did we find out when that call is scheduled?

SILVIA VIVANCO: Yes. It will be next Thursday 19 at 20:00 UTC.

GLENN MCKNIGHT: Okay. There is a page on the agenda – it's just a very small draft – one where people were expressing interest to facilitate and we sent out a

survey on the policy topic so that definitely will be table top discussion. Because we have such limited time together we'll have to be fairly concentrated, almost like – there's a term "Lightning Talks" or "Crackerbarrels" where the topics are fairly tight in terms of very simple, clear, questions rather than rambling, esoteric, stuff. We have to really control the time that we have. It's going to be fairly limited.

SILVIA VIVANCO: Yes.

GLENN MCKNIGHT: Okay. That's pretty good – 11:53 for me.

SILVIA VIVANCO: Great Excellent. I think we [inaudible].

HEIDI ULLRICH: Absolutely, and thanks for being so comprehensive.

GLENN MCKNIGHT: This is my third call already for ICANN. Are you guys going to surprise me with any more calls today or is this it?

SILVIA VIVANCO: Heidi [inaudible] last night and she didn't [inaudible].

HEIDI ULLRICH: I didn't. There was one call this morning. I wasn't on the RALO, the one with Tijani. That was at 4:00 a.m. my time because I was briefing the Board yesterday at 2:00 a.m. [as well].

SILVIA VIVANCO: Exactly, Glenn. So you know no sympathy from Heidi.

HEIDI ULLRICH: We get paid so you do have my sympathy. You don't get paid. We do. It is just crazy [inaudible].

GLENN MCKNIGHT: It's a lot of work, but it's great. It's just that my anxiety this week is we had so much stuff to cover on one NARALO call, and we're getting such good turnout that you hate to see the people get pissed off because they're not able to get to the other topics, whether policy or otherwise. But we had that issue that Julie and Tijani had to discuss and obviously we have a petition.

So on this morning's call I want to make absolutely clear to Julie and to Tijani, do I need to do anything? Because I'm not petitioning anything, I'm not supporting William to go forward. He's not experienced. And his performance on Monday is, my God, I hope he's not like that when we're in New Orleans because that's going to be embarrassing.

HEIDI ULLRICH: A couple of things on that – right now in terms of the RALO if you want to solicit NARALO if they want to add anyone, I would ask Tijani if you have any questions.

GLENN MCKNIGHT: I have it clear. Tijani I asked very bluntly what I had to do and he told me, since I'm not petitioning I do not have to do anything. I said, "Okay, good."

HEIDI ULLRICH: Okay. But again, you could petition for any of those applicants, not just people from your region.

GLENN MCKNIGHT: [Inaudible].

HEIDI ULLRICH: Okay. Then there is some information that we need to get over to you regarding what you're going to do with [Alan's] vote. So we're working on that to get you the information. We will send that to you. Tijani will likely do that in a very clear format. And then the issue with William at the GA is, one possible way to overcome that is you set ground rules that everyone agrees to at the very start. And you leave them up on a flip chart every time you guys meet. And then if anything gets out of hand, you refer back to those agreed ground rules.

GLENN MCKNIGHT: Right. That's one of the reasons why we anticipated this, and that's why we had Herb on the call. Unfortunate Herb wasn't able to stay for that portion.

HEIDI ULLRICH: If you wanted to, we could send the recording. I did ask that once that was happening, I asked staff if he was still on the call. But I really suggest the issue about ground rules. That's what our consultants when we do that Leadership Program that's one of the things he starts off with is setting the ground rules that you get everyone's agreement to. And then you just keep referring to that if need be.

GLENN MCKNIGHT: Yes. Got it. Okay. I've got some other work to do for you. I'll send that request in a minute.

HEIDI ULLRICH: Okay.

SILVIA VIVANCO: Okay, great. Thank you very much, Heidi and Glenn.

GLENN MCKNIGHT: Okay. You're welcome

HEIDI ULLRICH: Thank you very much. Bye-bye.

SILVIA VIVANCO: Thank you. Bye-bye.

YESIM NAZLAR: Thank you all. This meeting is now adjourned. The audio will now be disconnected. Bye-bye.

[END OF TRANSCRIPTION]