
YESIM NAZLAR:

Good morning, good afternoon, and good evening to everyone. Welcome to the ALAC Leadership Team Mid-Monthly Call taking place on Monday, 24 October 2016, at 18:00 UTC.

On the call today, we have Alan Greenberg, Tijani Ben Jemaa, León Sanchez, Holly Raiche, Sandra Hoferichter, Olivier Crépin-Leblond, Yrjö Länsipuro, Maureen Hilyard, Julie Hammer, and Cheryl Langdon-Orr.

We haven't received any apologies for today's call. From staff, we have Heidi Ullrich, Silvia Vivanco, Gisella Gruber, Ariel Liang, and myself, Yesim Nazlar.

Finally, I would like to remind everyone to state their names before speaking for transcript purposes. Over to you, Alan. Thank you very much.

ALAN GREENBERG:

Thank you very much. This is our last meeting before the Hyderabad ICANN 57 meeting. We are very, very, very far behind in doing our final scheduling, so a fair amount of this meeting will be allocated to that. We pretty well have to come to closure before the end of this meeting, or certainly by the end of the day if anything can't be decided at this point. I think I'm probably on Heidi's bad list by even adding the end of the day. So we will be putting a fair amount of time into that.

The first item, however – the first substantive item – on our agenda is Review of Action Items. Heidi or somebody, I don't think there are any outstanding ones, but if we can review that please.

Note: The following is the output resulting from transcribing an audio file into a word/text document. Although the transcription is largely accurate, in some cases may be incomplete or inaccurate due to inaudible passages and grammatical corrections. It is posted as an aid to the original audio file, but should not be treated as an authoritative record.

HEIDI ULLRICH: Thank you, Alan. There are two that are still open. I believe the first is for you, Alan, to meet with Chris Gift to discuss the translation tool. I think on that one, events have moved forward on that and there is going to be a discussion of the staff who are working on this in Hyderabad. So I don't think that there's a need for you to meet with Chris.

ALAN GREENBERG: Good because I'm not likely to have the time. I would like to meet with someone. When you say "with staff," with staff amongst themselves or with staff and us?

HEIDI ULLRICH: With [I believe] TTS.

ALAN GREENBERG: Alright. In that case, I will bow out for the moment.

HEIDI ULLRICH: Okay, so I'm just going to complete that one or just note that it's not needed. Then the other one is for you to draft a response supporting Item 1-4 of the GNSO statement with regard to CCWG budget and process.

ALAN GREENBERG: That happened a long time ago.

HEIDI ULLRICH: Okay, then there they are. They are done.

ALAN GREENBERG: I presume I copied the relevant people on that. I don't remember anymore.

HEIDI ULLRICH: Okay, anyway, [thanks for the update].

ALAN GREENBERG: I think I copied the ALAC on it if nothing else. If someone can confirm just to make sure I'm not having these memory lapses, but I'm pretty sure I sent that out.

HEIDI ULLRICH: Ariel, do you recall that?

ALAN GREENBERG: Well, put it as an action item to verify, but I'm pretty sure I sent it out and pretty sure I copied ALAC. But if not, we'll fix it. We don't need to spend time on it now. I did do all of those things. I think I did anyway. Can we go on to the next item please. It's ALAC Policy.

ARIEL LIANG: Alan, let me just speak [inaudible].

ALAN GREENBERG: I think you're the one who normally does this.

ARIEL LIANG: Thank you. Of the ones that are pending, [the response is that there are usual ones] and I need you to [inaudible]. Alan and Holly, we are still waiting for your [inaudible].

HOLLY RAICHE: I have done my bit.

ALAN GREENBERG: Holly said take her name off the list, so please take Holly's name off the list and blame it just on me.

HOLLY RAICHE: Yes.

ARIEL LIANG: Okay. Duly noted.

ALAN GREENBERG: And I'm blaming it just on Cheryl, but that's between us.

ARIEL LIANG: Okay. Then the next one, the other one that the comment close date is coming up is the Latin American and Caribbean DNS Marketplace Study. I know that the LACRALO has formed a small working group to work on the draft, and I believe they were submitted individually from LACRALO. I know Silvia is coordinating that working group as well. I'm not sure whether...

ALAN GREENBERG: And I'm presuming...go ahead.

ARIEL LIANG: I'm not sure whether Silvia has any update on their progress?

SILVIA VIVANCO: Hi, Ariel. Yes, actually LACRALO had two conference calls last week in which they discussed the main issues, and they are preparing some comments that they will submit before the deadline. I can put the link on the chat so you can see the progress. They are at the preliminary stages of discussion yet, so there is no draft that you can see at the moment, but I hope to see it very soon. Thank you.

ALAN GREENBERG: I'm hearing everyone very low today. Is my phone having a problem, or is it something else? Is there anyone else here having the same problem?

LEON SANCHEZ: Alan, I hear you quite well, and I did hear Silvia a little bit faint.

ALAN GREENBERG: Alright, because I had a problem with Ariel also, but let's assume it's just me and we'll go on. Now we have an echo I'm guessing from Leon.

TIJANI BEN JEMAA: [inaudible] No, it's me. Do you hear me. [inaudible]

ALAN GREENBERG: I can hear you, yes.

TIJANI BEN JEMAA: Okay, I say that I have exactly the same problem as you. I hear you very good, but I don't hear good the others except Leon.

ALAN GREENBERG: Alright, we can try perhaps asking people to speak up just a little bit. Alright, Ariel, please go ahead. I'm presuming there's no other interest in ALAC itself submitting a statement on the Latin American and Caribbean DNS Marketplace if LACRALO is. Unless I hear anything else, I'll assume we will not, and can we go on to the next item please? Ms. Liang?

ARIEL LIANG: Thank you, Alan. Can you hear me better now?

ALAN GREENBERG: Yes, you are a little bit better now.

ARIEL LIANG: Okay, thank you. Then the next one that's new is the Proposed Amendment to .XXX Registry Agreement to Transition to New Fee Structure and to Adopt Additional Safeguards. That one will close on 24 November. We haven't got any volunteers to draft that statement.

ALAN GREENBERG: Let's make sure there's something on the agenda in Hyderabad for that. I don't actually see us making a comment, but there may be somebody who wants to.

ARIEL LIANG: Okay, duly noted. Then the next one is Phase II Assessment of the Competitive Effects Associated with the New gTLD Program and will close on December 5. [inaudible] EURALO call discussed this public comment [inaudible] Tatiana Tropina volunteered to be one of the penholders but not the main penholder. We don't know who the main penholder is going to be.

ALAN GREENBERG: Alright. Does anyone on this call, has anyone looked at it and had any thoughts? I have not. Holly, go ahead.

HOLLY RAICHE: I haven't looked at, but given that I'm interested – and a few of us are very interested in this – I'm happy to be a penholder on this one.

ALAN GREENBERG: Noted.

ARIEL LIANG: Thank you, Holly.

ALAN GREENBERG: Let us also try to squeeze that into the Hyderabad agenda when we go on to it a little bit later in this meeting or actually almost immediately. Anything else on policy issues?

ARIEL LIANG: Yes, sorry.

ALAN GREENBERG: Go ahead.

ARIEL LIANG: There are three new public comments that just opened today.

ALAN GREENBERG: Okay.

ARIEL LIANG: The first one is on the Draft PTI FY18 Operating Plan and Budget that will close on December 10.

ALAN GREENBERG: I'm presuming we may well comment on that. Tijani, are you willing to again be the penholder on that?

TIJANI BEN JEMAA: Yes, Alan. Thank you.

ALAN GREENBERG: I'm not committing you to, but you seem to have been interested in the past. Thank you. Next one, Ariel.

ARIEL LIANG: Alan, this is specifically about PTI, so it's not just the FY18 Operating Plan and Budget.

ALAN GREENBERG: Oh, I'm sorry. I didn't hear you properly. This is particularly PTI?

ARIEL LIANG: Yes.

ALAN GREENBERG: Ah. Does anyone want to usurp Tijani?

TIJANI BEN JEMAA: No, if it's PTI, I am not especially interested in it.

ALAN GREENBERG: Alright, and I'm not sure we need to make a comment. Let's put that one on hold for the moment. We have lots of time.

ARIEL LIANG: Okay, got it. Then the next new one is the Proposal for Lao Script Root Zone Label Generation Rules, and I believe we don't make comments on these type of proceedings.

ALAN GREENBERG: Correct.

ARIEL LIANG: Okay. Then the last one is the Revised Proposed Implementation of GNSO Thick WHOIS Consensus Policy Requiring Consistent Labeling and Display of RDDS Output for All gTLDs. That will close on 12 December. I know that we commented on a preceding public comment on this exact topic. Actually, Holly and Alan, you drafted that statement.

ALAN GREENBERG: Alright, I didn't hear you quite clearly, but I think you're talking about the implementation plan. That was a part of the Thick WHOIS plan. There was some controversy on that in that the original staff plan made

reference to the protocol that's currently associated with the new RDDS schemes. The registries, particularly Verisign I believe but it may have been the registry constituents stakeholder group, suggested that it be removed. There was a fair amount of discussion on the Implementation Team on that and general agreement that it was reasonable to remove it.

That was not something that was in the original recommendation. It is an extra level of effort, and it's not clear that the current standard is exactly the one that will be implemented for a number of reasons. Therefore, it was deemed to be unreasonable that staff had added that, even though it seemed reasonable at the time. Other than that, I don't believe this is controversial, and I do not see a reason that ALAC has to comment on it, but I am open to other people telling me I'm wrong. Anyone looked at that? Go ahead, Holly.

HOLLY RAICHE: I wouldn't mind having just a look at it. Thanks.

ALAN GREENBERG: Holly will have a look at it and get back to us.

ARIEL LIANG: [inaudible] we're done with public comments.

ALAN GREENBERG: Thank you very much. The next item is ICANN 57 Planning. The first item is an update on visas and travel. I'm asking staff – Gisella or Heidi, whoever is up-to-date on this – is there anyone as far as we know that is currently not set to travel? We now know that both Tim and [Garth] will not be in Hyderabad.

GISELLA GRUBER: Hi, Alan.

ALAN GREENBERG: Yes, go ahead.

GISELLA GRUBER: With regards to visas, we've got [Jimmy] who is in the process of getting his visa. I was in touch with him last week, and hopefully it will all work out. He just had an issue with his passport. Erich Schweighofer, not ALAC but who is a funded traveler, we are following up with him because I'm not sure if he's going to get his documents on time.

ALAN GREENBERG: Who is he funded through?

GISELLA GRUBER: Erich Schweighofer took one of the, I think it's – just bear with me for a second – he took one of the travel slots [inaudible].

ALAN GREENBERG: Alright, nothing I'm familiar with, but I'm presuming this went through reasonable processes.

HEIDI ULLRICH: He went through EURALO, yes.

ALAN GREENBERG: Okay.

GISELLA GRUBER: Yes. And, Heidi, you're going to have to update [inaudible] because as far as I understood both Seun and Beran had their visas, but you're telling me that Seun is still in the process of getting his.

HEIDI ULLRICH: Well, yeah, I thought that Seun had his visa, but then I just saw today I thought that Seun says he's "on his way" to get his visa. So I don't know what's the latest on that. Tijani might know more, but that's what I thought. Wolf is having some issues with his visa, so [Joseph] was able to move things forward. I hope Wolf will now at least get an appointment at the embassy and then be able to get his visa. Gisella?

GISELLA GRUBER: Yes. We're working on that. I've asked constituency travel for an updated list all the different – they usually give us a color coding of black, red, and green, etc. I've asked for an updated list on that. [Wafa] doesn't need a visa. She has had confirmation from the India embassy,

so we're just finalizing her travel arrangements. Louie Houle, even though he is not part of ALAC, is working with [Joseph] on his visa because he has been issued a business visa and he needs a conference visa. So that is all work in progress.

ALAN GREENBERG: And Tijani is okay?

GISELLA GRUBER: I believe Tijani got his, yes.

ALAN GREENBERG: Just out of curiosity, why does [Wafa] not need one and Tijani does?

GISELLA GRUBER: She works for the government, so she has [her own.]

TIJANI BEN JEMAA: Yes.

ALAN GREENBERG: Ah, okay.

HEIDI ULLRICH: Alan?

TIJANI BEN JEMAA: Alan, I got my visa. I have everything arranged for my trip.

ALAN GREENBERG: Excellent.

HEIDI ULLRICH: Then [Kylie] was a bit late in getting started on his process, but that is now underway and, again, we're hoping that he will be getting a visa.

ALAN GREENBERG: Okay, so he's still unsure at this point. Does he have travel booked?

GISELLA GRUBER: Yes.

HEIDI ULLRICH: He does?

GISELLA GRUBER: Yes. All sorted.

ALAN GREENBERG: Alright, next item. Let us do the simple ones first. Let's skip to Item C, the Board and GSE questions.

HEIDI ULLRICH: Actually, I've changed the order just because we needed to talk not only about agendas but also schedule changes. So that is now D. D is questions for the Board and GSE.

ALAN GREENBERG: I don't care what the item is, what the numbering is, questions for the Board and GSE. If we could pull up what we have.

SILVIA VIVANCO: If I may, as Yesim is pulling anything up, we can pull up the actual page of that day. I don't think the Board page has been updated, but I believe Alan –

HEIDI ULLRICH: Yes, we did. I did.

SILVIA VIVANCO: Oh, we did. Sorry. Okay.

ALAN GREENBERG: Okay, that has Sandra's two questions but does not have mine on it.

SILVIA VIVANCO: I know where your suggestion is, Alan. It's on the actual wiki page agenda, sorry, not on the Board page.

ALAN GREENBERG: Okay. Alright, we have three suggested questions. The first two are from Sandra: “Which skillset will be needed in the current constellation?” I’m presuming she means the current, upcoming Board. “This might be useful as At-Large begins its process for seat selection.”

Any thoughts on this? My thoughts are, other than meeting the base criteria, I would think meeting our criteria is our prime concern, not that the Board needs someone who is skilled in accounting or DNS or something like that. Anyone have any thoughts on this? Go ahead, Cheryl. Cannot hear you, Cheryl.

CHERYL LANGDON-ORR: Mute is off. U sure you can’t hear me now?

ALAN GREENBERG: Now we can.

CHERYL LANGDON-ORR: Right, okay. Had to turn my mute on and off again. Very odd. I agree with you, Alan. I think it’s up to the Nominating Committee to fill holes and meet the desire for any particular construction of the Board after the ACs and the SOs have made their appointments. As nice as that question might be, I suspect what it will do will perhaps allow them to say something about the current person and not a great deal about what might be lacking. The basic criteria are it. I guess the only additional one they may do is they’ve been pushing in recent years their desirability to have people appointed who are able to, in terms of time,

willingness, and capability, to run subcommittees, but we kind of know that anyway.

ALAN GREENBERG: Yes. My gut feeling is they in general, certainly the chair and I suspect others, will not feel comfortable in a public way of making recommendations on who we should appoint to the Board. So my inclination is to not ask that question at all. Is there anyone, including Sandra, who feels we should go ahead with this?

SANDRA HOFERICHTER: Can you hear me?

ALAN GREENBERG: Yes, we can very well.

SANDRA HOFERICHTER: Okay, thank you. I fully agree with what has been said. First of all, it should be our duty to nominate whomever we think will represent our community well. Full agreement. I also agree with the point that it might be not the best idea to talk about delicate things publicly. Maybe we can frame this a little bit differently, saying that – how can I put this – asking the Board what is the current [compilation] as far as the, well, they probably know the incoming people very well yet. But maybe we can ask them – how to frame this – what would be extremely valuable for them and what was maybe missing in the past and what could be

enhanced in the future? Something a little bit behind the backdoors. You know what I mean? I'm sorry. This is not very clear.

ALAN GREENBERG:

Yes. I guess I don't want to put them in the awkward position of either giving advice to the ALAC on a Board position because I think from the perspective of many people they should not be involved in the selection. Even though for the NomCom they do identify what skills are missing, that's as far as they go. I feel awkward making reference to this at all, to be quite honest. Olivier and then Tijani.

OLIVIER CRÉPIN-LEBLOND:

Yes, thank you, Alan. If I may on the "which skillset is required," this is something which you would obviously be told, I guess, by the Board chair and that you can if you want come back to the ALAC afterwards or to the ALT and discuss this. There's nothing special about it. But if you ask the Board as a whole, you're very likely to get 14 different answers, maybe even 15 different answers. Who knows? That was one thing.

The only other thing I was going to mention was just one point. I don't know when if there was going to be the ability to have a few minutes to discuss the ATLAS II with the Board or at least make a little presentation of the final report or something. I'm not quite sure what you've [got set up].

ALAN GREENBERG:

Sorry, you didn't make a contribution to that extent, so it's not there.

OLIVIER CRÉPIN-LEBLOND: Oh, it should have been on that page, should it? Okay. No, I thought it was an action item or something.

ALAN GREENBERG: Okay, let's go ahead. I think I'm getting a...

OLIVIER CRÉPIN-LEBLOND: I see Heidi is coming to the rescue.

ALAN GREENBERG: No, no. We have Tijani as a speaker first please.

TIJANI BEN JEMAA: Thank you very much, Alan. I am really uncomfortable to ask the Board about anything about our selection. It is our duty. We have our criteria. We took into account the NomCom criteria, we took into account the requirements, and we had our own requirements that we added. So it is our duty to find the right one and to have the right criteria. But we can ask them about the selection. We can ask them about the date of the delivery of the 360 evaluation.

ALAN GREENBERG: We already have that.

TIJANI BEN JEMAA:

We have never...oh, very good. So there is nothing to say about the elections for the Board, in my point of view.

I have two other information to give you, not about this but about the previous [point]. I just asked Seun about his visa. He already has his visa but his passport has to be [collected] from the embassy. It's not in the same town.

And the second information is that everything is arranged for me except that the arrival date, the hotel booking, is done [starting 2]. So it appears that I will not attend the CCWG meeting. I think it is a mistake. I am dealing with [Joseph]. He didn't reply yet, but I hope he will. Thank you.

ALAN GREENBERG:

It is a mistake. They missed my approval from CCWG as well and that was corrected. I presume yours could be corrected as well. Send a note to Karen and ask her to confirm with constituency travel that your funded. Yrjö, please go ahead, and then we'll go to Heidi.

YRJÖ LÄNSIPURO:

Yes. I think that asking for skillsets is something that NomCom has been doing, but it's not what we should do for the Seat 15. I must say that even the answers that NomCom has gotten for those questions have not been very helpful. Thank you.

ALAN GREENBERG: I also think it's a bit late since we've already put out the call for expressions of interest. Alright, I'm going to take an executive decision, and we will not mention that. I may mention it privately to Steve Crocker if I have an opportunity to talk to him. Normally, I meet with him before the meeting. Nothing has been arranged to date, so I'm not quite sure what's happening there. Heidi, go ahead.

HEIDI ULLRICH: Just really quickly I want to support Maureen and Olivier. There was an item about the ATLAS II recommendations, Alan. We talked about that. It might come at the very end and just have the report basically given to them in a formal way with Rinalia [shepherding] it.

ALAN GREENBERG: Okay, thank you.

HEIDI ULLRICH: And then one other point is, does the ALAC intend to give an update to Steve and others during this meeting about the consumer agenda, or did you want that to be...?

ALAN GREENBERG: I don't believe we have enough closure on that at this point.

HEIDI ULLRICH: Okay. There is a long session on it before that meeting but, okay, thank you.

ALAN GREENBERG: I understand, but the presenter of the original document will not be there and probably will not be participating remotely, so we're in a somewhat awkward position in regard to that. We're spending an awful lot of time on this one item, and I'd like to go through it a little bit quicker than this.

The second question Sandra has is, "To what extent will or has the new approach of Göran Marby affect the work of the Board? Will there be any changes in procedures and/or focus of collaboration?"

I'm not quite sure I know what that means because I'm not quite sure what the new approach is. So if Sandra can elaborate please.

SANDRA HOFERICHTER: Yes, sure, Alan. From what I heard is that the new CEO would like to separate his work from the Board's work. I heard that he sees himself as being the CEO of the corporation of ICANN and the Board as fully accountable to the community. In the past, it has been that the ICANN CEO was a full Board member and I understood – and everyone on this call please correct me if I'm wrong or if you have other [inaudible] opinion – that he sees not himself as a full Board member but as a servant to receive guidance from the Board which he has to implement with his [inaudible]. This is what I heard.

ALAN GREENBERG: No. I think you are misinterpreting. His view is that he is responsible for the staff part of what ICANN does, which is technically correct. He is the

Chief Executive Officer of ICANN, the corporation with all of its staff. He also, according to the Bylaws, is a sitting member of the Board and a voting member and he can't change that whether he likes it or not. But he serves at the pleasure of the Board. The Board can fire him. The Board can extend his contract or do whatever it wants. He is one of the voting members of the Board, but clearly the rest of the Board has the votes to do whatever they want.

So I don't think that changes anything at all. He's just making it clear that there are three different parts of ICANN which have to work in collaboration with each other, and he only has absolute control over the staff part. I think that is – and I've talked to him about that a fair amount.

He's also looking at a new communications strategy which will make that clearer, and I know he's planning on presenting it in the opening session at Hyderabad. I think you are misinterpreting his statement that he is in charge of staff. It does not mean he isn't part of the Board. He is still part of the Board. Like I said, that's Bylaws and he couldn't change that if he wanted to.

SANDRA HOFERICHTER: Understood, and I have nothing to say against it. I just want to give you a small snapshot from the recent ICANN-Studienkreis. Yrjö was there and, Yrjö, you might add to what I just say now. Göran Marby presented a new communication strategy, or it was a draft presentation of the new communication strategy, and there was quite a lot of discussion

within the people during the ICANN-Studienkreis how we see ICANN the relationship with the Board, the community, the staff [inaudible].

So we might rephrase that question and maybe put it a little bit toward this new strategy, asking for an update or asking for the Board's view or whatever. Just to add, it was a very vibrant discussion in Dubrovnik during the ICANN-Studienkreis and I think this would also be a discussion which is still going on. It was not finished there at all. The community just provided some input, and all parts of the community were present, the ALAC as well as the registries and the registrars and the business and the government.

So this discussion I think is still going on and we might ask the Board about their point of view or about an update on this. This might put us into the opportunity to contribute to that discussion as the ALAC. Thank you.

ALAN GREENBERG:

Okay, thank you. That, I think, is reasonable and Heidi and I will word something to that effect. I want to make sure we get what the new community strategy is called properly. So we'll put something in to that effect asking for the Board's thoughts on it. Heidi, go ahead.

HEIDI ULLRICH:

I just wanted to note another opportunity for that question might be at the wrap-up session where both Göran and Steve are invited. Thank you.

ALAN GREENBERG: That's not the whole ALAC though.

HEIDI ULLRICH: At the wrap-up.

ALAN GREENBERG: Oh, the wrap-up session?

HEIDI ULLRICH: Yes.

ALAN GREENBERG: Let's discuss this and we'll see where we'll fit. If we don't get past these questions really soon, we're not going to have time to set any agendas. Olivier and Tijani, you each have 30 seconds.

OLIVIER CRÉPIN-LEBLOND: Thanks, Alan. Quick question: Have we gotten rid of question one then? Questions from the ALAC to the Board?

ALAN GREENBERG: Question one is gone.

OLIVIER CRÉPIN-LEBLOND: If that's the case then, in my 20 seconds remaining, may I suggest that we discuss something to do with either the public interest or the new gTLD next round. That's it.

ALAN GREENBERG: We have one more question to discuss. That's one I contributed. It was in the chat that Gisella put in, which has probably rolled off your screen already – or maybe not. It's essentially saying the new meeting strategy and the timing of how we've done things has caused us innumerable problems. What's the Board's though on how we're doing on the new meeting strategy? That's not a reflection on what the new meeting strategy committee did but the implementation of it. We have Tijani and Olivier speaking.

TIJANI BEN JEMAA: Okay, thank you very much, Alan. I think that the reflection of Heidi is very relevant. It is better to raise this question in our wrap-up. I don't think it is adequate to [inaudible] Board meeting.

ALAN GREENBERG: Which question are you talking about?

TIJANI BEN JEMAA: About the communication strategy.

ALAN GREENBERG: Noted. Thank you. Okay. Go ahead. Olivier then.

OLIVIER CRÉPIN-LEBLOND: Thanks, Alan. I'm reading your suggestion on the meeting strategy implementation. I don't think we should waste time with the Board on this. All of the SOs and ACs seem to be unhappy with the implementation, specifically this time, and I'm sure there's going to be a full review of looking back at the three meetings this year to see what can be improved and we'll have ample time and ability to say something about this. I don't think the Board will single-handedly look at that. It's going to be a staff-led initiative to improve things.

ALAN GREENBERG: I wasn't asking the Board. I was asking Board members. But that's fine. Alright, what other subjects then? We've erased my question and we've erased question number one and question number two we're going to handle somewhere else.

OLIVIER CRÉPIN-LEBLOND: If I may since my hand is still up. As I said just a moment ago, I thought the discussion of the new gTLD subsequent rounds and the CCT Review Team would be something of importance because I certainly have a feeling that the Board is going to be lobbied, even as individuals, to push for the next round and to set a date for the start of the next round. I'm not quite sure – we have to [take this really on].

ALAN GREENBERG: I would not ask the Board what they thought. They're simply going to say, "We're waiting for input from the community on both." They'd be insane to say anything else.

OLIVIER CRÉPIN-LEBLOND: [inaudible] can tell them [inaudible].

ALAN GREENBERG: But we certainly can tell them that, at this point, we are reaffirming our position that we should not move until we have resolved the issues. I see a tick mark from Olivier on that. So we will have a statement on new gTLDs and ask for any comments if they choose to make any. And we have one on Holly. Tijani, go ahead.

TIJANI BEN JEMAA: Yes, just to say that I agree with what Olivier just said. We have to repeat our position if needed because it is now a [inaudible] time for this issue for the Board. Thank you. It's what I said, but I'll accept that anyway.

Alright, let's go on. We'll have that one and ATLAS II and leave the question on organization and planning to the wrap-up session. If we can go on, we do not have any questions to raise with GSE, although people said they wanted to talk with GSE. We're just going to have to leave it blank right now unless someone has something compelling to say very quickly.

HEIDI ULLRICH: Alan?

ALAN GREENBERG: Yes, Heidi. You have something to say compelling?

HEIDI ULLRICH: Yes, I think so. We're meeting with the GSE and DPRD because Sally is really the person for both. So you can talk a little bit about ICANN Learn, Tijani. You can bring that up a little bit. Also [Eric] is going to be there. He runs Public Interest. So you could have those two under DPRD. Under GSE, there might be some interest in discussing a little bit more the way the process that the FY17 special request on the fund for the RALOs and the ALSes that the regional [inaudible] have control over.

ALAN GREENBERG: As long as we make it clear that this is not an opportunity for people to say, "Can we please have money for...?" Tijani, go ahead.

TIJANI BEN JEMAA: Thank you. Sally now has the two departments, so it is an opportunity to raise both, especially for the ICANN Learn. We already work with them. I am waiting for the result. I don't know when we will have it, but it is good to speak about it with Sally and with [the team]. Also, for the funding of FY17 for the RALOs from the GSE, it is not yet clear for everyone how it will be managed and what it will concern. So it would be good to discuss it again with them. Thank you.

ALAN GREENBERG: Okay, thank you. I will suggest we also add in the overall what was called the ICANN Academy and what's happening with that. That should have been a program which is enlarged greatly. Instead at this point, it was deferred for a long time, and I'd like to hear that it's something that is being enlarged, not something that is going to die out because we forgot about it.

HEIDI ULLRICH: Alan?

ALAN GREENBERG: Yes, Heidi?

HEIDI ULLRICH: On that point, this is being expanded. Of course, that's being announced in Hyderabad, so that's going to be starting in December and January.

ALAN GREENBERG: That's fine. I don't mind hearing that from them. Are we done with this item? Social activities, quickly, Gisella.

GISELLA GRUBER: Sorry, I'm here, Alan. Sorry about the delay. Social activities.

First, everyone will be delighted to know nothing is happening Friday. We've got the SO/AC [inaudible] RALO dinner with Göran. We also have the networking social event with Fellows. Always good to go around and to introduce ourselves.

On Saturday, we have the ICANN gala, which will be at the High Tech Center, which is literally just next to the Conference Center. It will be apparently a marquee setup, and it will be a dry gala.

On that same evening, I notice we've got the ccNSO cocktail, and we are hoping to also soon be able to announce a fun jamming session that's yet to be confirmed.

ALAN GREENBERG: Have we ever had a dry gala before?

GISELLA GRUBER: Yes, in Marrakech.

ALAN GREENBERG: Marrakech, correct.

GISELLA GRUBER: Sorry, and apologies, jamming session would potentially be the Sunday, but yet to be confirmed, work in progress.

Sunday, the 6th of November is the showcase, which, hopefully, everyone will be attending, and the ccNSO cocktail, seeing I got the day wrong.

Monday, the 7th of November, we have possibly one of the HIT sessions running late, which is an Internet governance session until 20:00, and we also have the DNS Women's cocktail.

On the Tuesday, we have the community cocktail, which is the closing cocktail at the Novotel at 18:30, and then on the Wednesday, all going well, we will have a nice ALAC and liaison dinner to finish off the week.

ALAN GREENBERG: So the closing cocktail was moved.

GISELLA GRUBER: Yes, the closing cocktail was moved to the Tuesday.

ALAN GREENBERG: Okay. Any questions, comments for Gisella? Heidi, you have your hand up, and Olivier.

HEIDI ULLRICH: Yes, that's an old hand, I'll put that down, thank you.

ALAN GREENBERG: Olivier?

OLIVIER CRÉPIN-LEBLOND: Thank you very much, Alan. I think I heard Coronation Street at the back. Someone will know about this. Just to add, on Sunday night, the plan is to have a jam session after the ccNSO cocktail, after all of the other things going on, going on until late. So Sunday night, don't think about sleeping. Thank you.

ALAN GREENBERG: Anything else? Seeing nothing. Alright, do we have to do much, Heidi, on the development session? There is a number of topics, of which we are going to be selecting a subset, I presume, to actually deal with during the development session.

HEIDI ULLRICH: No.

ALAN GREENBERG: That will be discussed during the meeting, based on what seems to be of interest, based on whatever discussions we have, and what happens on the CCWG meeting prior to the week, so I don't think there's a lot to be done. There's a pretty good description of the possible topics, and we will be talking to people before the session convenes, to get other input. Go ahead, Heidi.

HEIDI ULLRICH: Yes, thanks, Alan. Cheryl, help me if needed. My understanding was that those topics that are a total of six, including the [ice breakers]. Those are the ones that were agreed, given the number of people who are going to be there, and how that fishbowl is going to work. So what we need at this time are the moderators for those sessions. That's something we can either do now or before Hyderabad, or during Hyderabad. But that's [inaudible].

ALAN GREENBERG: We are so far – okay, I thought we were only going to do three or four. That seemed like too much to be doing, but that's fine, we don't have to –if I'm wrong on that, I can be educated at some later time, and let's buttonhole people one by one for who's going to be moderating each of those. Can we please – okay, we have the ALAC members who are participants. Those are not the participants in this group. The participants in this group is that group, minus two people, plus a whole bunch of others. So either we should remove that list, or put the right people there.

Cheryl, go ahead.

CHERYL LANGDON-ORR: Thank you. I'm not sure why we need moderators for individual parts of this.

ALAN GREENBERG: I'm not even sure either, but we don't need to discuss it today.

CHERYL LANGDON-ORR: Okay.

ALAN GREENBERG: Sorry. We are so far behind on our detailed agendas. Normally, this is –

CHERYL LANGDON-ORR: As far as I'm concerned, that agenda is fine, and it doesn't need any anything, including moderators.

ALAN GREENBERG: Thank you. Makes it easy. Just as a prefix for the next item, normally, Heidi and I work at some length on the detailed agendas, trying to juggle things, make sure there are no conflicts, make sure we're covering everything. That has not been done, at least my part has not been done.

I was away most of last week with abysmal connectivity, and made some comments, but the schedule still, at this point, needs cleaning up, and we really need to clean it up before the end of this meeting, or certainly before the end of the day. So I'd now like to spend a fair amount of time looking at the detailed daily agendas and making sure that everyone is happy with them. If you're not happy with what you see, speak up, because otherwise, you may get what you don't like. So if we can go to the –

HEIDI ULLRICH: Alan?

ALAN GREENBERG: Yes, Heidi?

HEIDI ULLRICH: I think we first need to – at this point – still need to go through some schedule changes.

ALAN GREENBERG: Fine. If there are schedule changes that I'm not aware of, please go ahead with them.

HEIDI ULLRICH: Gisella, over to you.

GISELLA GRUBER: Sorry, [inaudible]. Schedule changes.

ALAN GREENBERG: Before you go ahead, just to be clear, we are 38 minutes away from the end of this meeting, and we have something like 15 minutes of other things to talk about, so let's take that into account as we go forward.

GISELLA GRUBER: Okay. We have an issue with the AFRALO meeting. As to the AFRALO meeting, we've got Board members who have been invited to attend, as well as Göran, and it now coincides with the GAC and Board meeting, and that is looking at Monday, the 7th of November.

We have discussed this at length just before this call with Heidi and Silvia, and the suggestion there would be – and obviously, subject to AFRALO agreeing with that – is to change the two first afternoon slots on Monday, the 7th of November. So that would currently be the AFRALO meeting and –

ALAN GREENBERG: Can we see the block diagram in the pod please, so we know what we're talking about?

GISELLA GRUBER: Just give me a second. I didn't PDF the latest version. Let me just – hang on.

ALAN GREENBERG: Or give us a link so we can click on it ourselves.

GISELLA GRUBER: There, you're going through the page. There, you're going through the daily meetings. I think it would be much clearer on – it's going to take me a few seconds to do, and then I'll show you exactly and it will be

much easier to be able to discuss it. Heidi, were there any other scheduling issues, just while I take a few seconds to complete this?

HEIDI ULLRICH: Basically, tells them the conflicts with the speakers at the AFRALO [inaudible] meeting. We need to switch that meeting to another day, and then move two meetings into that slot. So Gisella is going to take you through that, and then we can go ahead and go through the agendas.

ALAN GREENBERG: Okay, so Heidi, Gisella asked, are there any other scheduling changes? I think you're saying no.

HEIDI ULLRICH: No, correct.

GISELLA GRUBER: Okay, sorry, now we've got the very colorful chart up, which we're going to enlarge, and I'll give you scrolling capacity. You'll just see if it's very clear on this one.

ALAN GREENBERG: Okay, what day was the AFRALO session on?

GISELLA GRUBER: It's on Monday. That's too big. Can everyone see it?

ALAN GREENBERG: Everyone can scroll themselves.

GISELLA GRUBER: Okay, scroll for yourselves on Monday, the 7th of November, in the first afternoon slot, 13:45-15:00, you've got AFRALO and TTS side by side. The suggestion is – and this is subject to all the members needing to be at the AFRALO session, so that would be Göran, [Khaled] – off the top of my head – Pierre, etc.

We could switch those two for the second afternoon session on Tuesday, the 8th of November. LACRALO and NARALO would switch to where AFRALO and TTS are and vice versa. So the AFRALO would then be scheduled on Tuesday the 8th of November, from 15:15 to 16:45, so that would also give them an hour's meeting.

Now, I don't know what the Board's schedule is at that time. From what I can see on the main schedule and those on the Steering Committee or those who have seen it before, if we look at our main schedule where all the meetings are listed, at that time, that afternoon, I don't currently see anything where the Board is, but they may have a closed meeting which I'm not aware of.

ALAN GREENBERG: Alright. You're checking with Board ops?

GISELLA GRUBER: Yes.

ALAN GREENBERG: Thank you.

GISELLA GRUBER: And also, another issue with where AFRALO is currently scheduled is I see that they've managed to put the Africa Strategy Update at the same time. So basically, the Monday is a very bad timing now for the AFRALO meeting.

ALAN GREENBERG: Okay, so it's clear the AFRALO African meeting has to move. It has to move because of the conflict and because of the conflict with the African strategy. It would be stupid to try to hold it at the same time. Does anyone have any objection to swapping it with the LACRALO and NARALO meetings?

I have a minor objection, but my objections don't count. Tijani, do you have anything to add on to this?

TIJANI BEN JEMAA: Thank you very much, Alan, and thank you, Gisella, to give all the reasons, because the conflict with the African Strategy is also a big issue. Because Pierre should be there, and our target population is the same, so both meetings will be a failure if we do them at the same time. So it is very good if we change it. Unfortunately, Tuesday at this time,

we will have the Middle East meeting, which is a problem for me, because I want to attend it, but if there is no –

ALAN GREENBERG: Sorry, the what meeting, Tijani?

GISELLA GRUBER: Middle East.

TIJANI BEN JEMAA: The Middle East Strategy.

ALAN GREENBERG: Okay.

TIJANI BEN JEMAA: Thank you.

ALAN GREENBERG: Heidi, is that a new hand?

HEIDI ULLRICH: No, sorry.

ALAN GREENBERG: Alright, let's try to change those. If we can, we will. If not, we'll have to come back and do something else on the fly. Clearly, it can't stay where it is right now, we know that. We should double check to make sure the African Strategy meeting is not moving because of us.

GISELLA GRUBER: Alan, if I may, just to say – sorry, I didn't put my hand up – I'm just contacting the Meetings Team, and also just to make sure that is one of the questions, to make sure that Africa is not trying to change their meeting, and also contacting Board ops. So it might take a few hours to get this ironed out, so that's what we're working on.

ALAN GREENBERG: Understood. Tijani? That was a new hand, I think.

TIJANI BEN JEMAA: Do you hear me now?

ALAN GREENBERG: Now we do.

TIJANI BEN JEMAA: Okay, thank you very much. I said that I also wrote to Pierre to tell him about this conflict, and to tell him to collaborate with our staff, with Heidi, to find a solution to this conflict. Thank you.

ALAN GREENBERG: Thank you very much. Heidi, are we done now? Can we go on to agendas?

HEIDI ULLRICH: Yes, let' go through the agendas. Yesim, could you please put the 3rd on display so we can take a look at that? I have put the link to that day in the chat so you can open that page yourself. Should I just start going through, Alan?

ALAN GREENBERG: Yes, please.

HEIDI ULLRICH: Okay, so I'm just going to go through what we have currently. We have – on the 3rd, we start with 20 minutes of introduction and welcoming the new incoming ALAC and ALAC liaisons. We have a 20-minute review of At-Large activates in Hyderabad and goals.

Please keep in mind we do have a new agenda format in English that has some objectives listed, or hopefully will before the 3rd. Then, we currently have a CCTRT update. That's going to have to move to another day, because there is an all day CCTRT meeting on the 3rd as well as the 2nd, so that's going to change.

Session 2, we have an update on the BCEC and BMSPC by Tijani and Julie.

ALAN GREENBERG: Let's stop at that one for a moment. Do we really have 45 minutes to review with the ALAC on that? Tijani and Julie, please.

TIJANI BEN JEMAA: What is your question, Alan?

ALAN GREENBERG: Do we need 45 minutes for that?

TIJANI BEN JEMAA: For the BMSPC, we don't need.

HEIDI ULLRICH: Okay, how long do you need?

TIJANI BEN JEMAA: I think, for us, half an hour will be very good.

ALAN GREENBERG: For just BMSPC you need a half hour?

TIJANI BEN JEMAA: Yes.

ALAN GREENBERG: Well, in that case, 45 minutes for both of you is not too long.

TIJANI BEN JEMAA: No, sorry, I said half an hour for both.

ALAN GREENBERG: Half an hour for both. Julie?

TIJANI BEN JEMAA: BMSPC [inaudible]

ALAN GREENBERG: I'm not even sure what you're going to – I think there's a five-minute review of the schedule. I'm not sure what else you need to be doing there. Julie, go ahead, though.

JULIE HAMMER: Thanks, Alan. Given that we've got such a long session which all ALAC members can attend I think a couple of days after that, I think we can be very brief here if you need that time, and we can just point out that there will be a much more detailed discussion of progress at the joint BMSPC BCEC meeting, which any member is welcome to attend.

ALAN GREENBERG: Okay, thank you, although I saw Olivier's hand up, and Heidi. Olivier, put your hand down. Heidi, go ahead.

HEIDI ULLRICH: Yes, two things. I wonder if Tijani and Julie, would 20 minutes be okay? And then in the time remaining, the extra time then, we have had a request from David Conrad, who is VP for I think DNNSEC. I [inaudible] his title, but he wants to talk about key rollover. So that would be a perfect amount of time for that topic.

ALAN GREENBERG: I prefer the key rollover one be done when I'm there, and both Cheryl, Holly and I are a likely to be gone at least part of the morning, and Cheryl and I in the afternoon. I'm not sure who else is attending the PDP sessions. So I'd prefer to move David somewhere else, but it can be that day if we need it to.

And we now have an open session of 40 minutes in the previous sessions, where the CCTR was [this] that we have to fill, so let's keep going, and we'll try to fill those as we go forward.

HEIDI ULLRICH: Okay, I'll just put that as a hot policy topic.

ALAN GREENBERG: Yes.

HEIDI ULLRICH: Okay, so we get 20 minutes to the BMSPC and BCEC. Okay.

Then, we have the working lunch of the review. I think we have the agenda there. That is –

ALAN GREENBERG: There is a fiscal year 18 budget we missed, but that's fine. A half hour.

HEIDI ULLRICH: Oh, yes. That's with Xavier, then we have the working lunch of the review, then we have session 3 of the At-Large leadership session. That is a quick review, 30 minutes for an At-Large review update from Holly, given just what's happened in that working lunch. Is that too much, Holly, or are you okay with that?

ALAN GREENBERG: Holly? Let's assume it's okay, unless we hear otherwise. Otherwise, we'll give more time to GSE if it's more time than we need.

HEIDI ULLRICH: Yes, so then we have the GSE with Sally leading her teams of GSE regional VPs, and the DPRD key people. Then we go to At-Large leadership session part 4, and that is with Rinalia for 30 minutes. Then we have just 45 minutes for IANA Stewardship Transition. I don't know if we need that long.

ALAN GREENBERG: I'm not sure who's discussing what.

HEIDI ULLRICH: That was an item that was ranked high on the topics to be discussed from the survey, that's why I put that in there.

ALAN GREENBERG: I understand, but does anyone know what it is we're supposed to be talking about? It's done. We transitioned. Go ahead, Olivier.

OLIVIER CRÉPIN-LEBLOND: Thanks, Alan. I think you've just done it, which is great, because then we'll have a lot more time at the time when you'll be really pressed for time. You'll say, "Well, that's great, so we've taken one minute on this, and now we've got another whatever amount of time to catch up on the stuff that we were really late with." That's all.

ALAN GREENBERG: I didn't understand what you just said, so what stuff that we're really late with are you talking about?

OLIVIER CRÉPIN-LEBLOND: On that day, the schedule is so tight that you will undoubtedly have more to discuss in other points than on this. That's another way to basically say, "I would say scrap this," because you're going to take five minutes, it's done, it's dusted. What do we need to talk about now on IANA Stewardship Transition? We don't. Maybe we need to talk about the Work Stream 2 stuff instead, and have more time on Work Stream 2 stuff than on this.

ALAN GREENBERG: Okay. I would also prefer if I could be there for the Rinalia discussion, so we now perhaps have a significant amount of time to free up. Creating a consumer agenda at ICANN, we have 45 minutes allocated.

HEIDI ULLRICH: No, we have a lot, Alan. Because I thought that that was an item you wanted to talk to the Board, that's why I allocated significant amount of time, so from 16:30 to 18:15 on that, but if you didn't want that much time, then we do have extra.

ALAN GREENBERG: I think we need a revised paper before we do that, and we don't have it. And I'm not going to do it in the next four days or so. Let's come back to this session, see if we can move any of them to other sessions as we go ahead, and then backfill. We may find other things we can move into the first day as we go forward.

HEIDI ULLRICH: Okay, so I'm going to put a big star on it.

ALAN GREENBERG: Now we're on Friday.

HEIDI ULLRICH: So starting then, we have the At-Large leadership session part 5, and then basically, we have an hour and a half to talk about CCWG Work Stream 2, and then update [and] next steps. That's fine, that's [fair.] Okay.

ALAN GREENBERG: Alright. I'm not convinced that's going to be sufficient for that, but let's keep going.

HEIDI ULLRICH: Okay, then we have the part 6, which is RDS, updating next steps, and that is one hour and 15 minutes. I don't know if you needed that long for that.

ALAN GREENBERG: Holly, is there any reason that can't be [inaudible] Thursday afternoon?

HOLLY RAICHE: No.

ALAN GREENBERG: Let's try to move it into Thursday afternoon then.

HOLLY RAICHE: The only reason I would hesitate is on Thursday, the actual RDS Working Group is Thursday morning.

ALAN GREENBERG: Correct.

HOLLY RAICHE: And you and I are going to miss that, so there are going to be events that we're not going to be able to cover.

ALAN GREENBERG: No, we're trying to arrange this so I will not miss it and you will not miss it.

HOLLY RAICHE: Excellent, I totally agree with whatever we'll arrange.

ALAN GREENBERG: I'm assuming you're willing to miss the sessions on Thursday morning – Friday morning rather as we're going through it.

HOLLY RAICHE: Yes, correct.

ALAN GREENBERG: Sorry, Thursday morning, right.

HOLLY RAICHE: Correct.

ALAN GREENBERG: Okay, then Heidi, can we try to move Rinalia?

HEIDI ULLRICH: So you want Rinalia at [inaudible]?

ALAN GREENBERG: Session 6 from registration goes into session 4.

HEIDI ULLRICH: And then – okay, and Rinalia goes to session 6?

ALAN GREENBERG: If we can, or somewhere, wherever we can fit her.

HEIDI ULLRICH: Okay.

ALAN GREENBERG: We still have some slots on the first morning, session 1, that we have to backfill, but we fixed – go ahead.

HEIDI ULLRICH: Gisella, when did you say that the CCTRT could meet? You had mentioned that earlier.

GISELLA GRUBER: Sorry, Heidi, no, I didn't mention anything. I'm trying to check when they're available on Friday the 4th, because that's where there's a slot, working sessions that we don't have to juggle people around, but just ourselves. And I haven't spoken to the [president] yet, so I'll speak to him first thing he's on European time.

HEIDI ULLRICH: Okay, that's right. Okay, thank you for that, and we'll [inaudible]

GISELLA GRUBER: Thank you.

ALAN GREENBERG: Alright, so how long are we scheduling that for?

HEIDI ULLRICH: 50 minutes.

ALAN GREENBERG: Then that should fit in well with –

HEIDI ULLRICH: Yes.

ALAN GREENBERG: 40 minutes, actually. Sorry, 50. How long is Rinalia on for?

HEIDI ULLRICH: We have a total of one hour and 15 minutes, so that would give her 25, so that's pretty good.

ALAN GREENBERG: Okay, then let's try to work for that.

HEIDI ULLRICH: Okay, we'll move on. Session 7 is ALS Criteria and Expectations, and that is the whole session, 13:45 to 15:00.

ALAN GREENBERG: Alright, let me talk about that for a moment on substance. What I would like to try to do is get locked in, coming out of that meeting, what the overall expectations are from ALSes. And we've talked about this innumerable times. I believe we have to move away from the sole main expectation that is they contribute to policy work, and move to ALSes being a prime distribution mechanism for information about ICANN and ICANN policy issues.

If we can get them to do that well, then we will get some feedback, and we'll capture some people and get them involved. If we don't get the information pushed out, we will never get significant contributions back, so I would like to push for that dual role as the main rationale for why we have ALSes.

I think that's something we can defend in a public forum. I think it's something which will ultimately increase the actual participation, and I think it puts us on a solid ground for explaining why we have At-Large, and why we have all of these ALSes, even though we know the vast majority of them do not feed input into our processes on a regular basis. I'd like feedback on that. Tijani.

TIJANI BEN JEMAA:

Thank you very much, Alan. I agree with you, but this expectation, Alan, will make the other expectation that we made before also unnecessary, because if they don't attend our meetings, they will not be able to report or to give information about ICANN to their community, and they will not be able to give us the feedback from the community, or the requests or the needs of the community.

So I agree with you, and this will be, if you want, added to the expectation that you made before, which is attending, which is participating. Thank you.

ALAN GREENBERG:

Well, I'm somewhat disagreeing with you, so I think we're talking about different things. Attending some parts of our meetings – remember, what we measure right now is, does the representative of the ALS show up at a meeting? Effectively.

We are not measuring how well the ALS membership does anything, so I think the first step in moving to a more committed and involved membership of the ALSes is starting to distribute information. We must

start, immediately or soon, actually sending information out on a monthly basis that is acceptable and usable to them, and requiring that they distribute it to their members.

That dissemination process does not necessarily involve meetings, and I think that's the difference in what I'm saying. I think it's an achievable end, whereas trying to get people to attend meetings, we will never capture a significant percentage of the membership of the ALSes, which is our target. Am I missing something, Tijani?

UNIDENTIFIED FEMALE: He agrees with you.

ALAN GREENBERG: That's the discussion I believe we need to have at that meeting.

TIJANI BEN JEMAA: No, Alan, you are not missing anything, and I agree with you. I put it in the chat. Thank you.

ALAN GREENBERG: Okay, thank you very much. I know there are people who say if we ask people to send things out to a mailing list, they'll refuse, and if they refuse that, I'm not sure what use they are as an ALS. I'll be blunt. I really think we need to move on this before the review team tells us what we should be doing. I think we need to put our stake in the ground

and let them comment on it, as opposed to simply being told how to fix our problems. Alright –

HEIDI ULLRICH: Alan?

ALAN GREENBERG: Yes, who's that? Heidi?

HEIDI ULLRICH: Yes, a question in addition for that session. That's the first step, you said, right? As a first step to encourage distribution, ALSes to be a distribution mechanism for At-Large?

ALAN GREENBERG: Yes, let's not – I don't want to put it in this agenda right now. We will have a document, but let's make the title ALS Expectations, not Criteria and Expectations in this case.

HEIDI ULLRICH: Okay, so I'm just going to put that – okay, and one of the things that staff want – including [Natalie] and Ariel – one is to add for this session is to go over what they're working with now, the ALSes for their database. And just to have a quick – so Ariel wants to show what that new database is going to look like, and that would be about 10 minutes or so.

ALAN GREENBERG: I would say we'll do it if time allows. It's not critical to this issue, and I believe resolving this issue is critical.

HEIDI ULLRICH: Okay, so that whole session, number 7 is all on this topic. Is that correct?

ALAN GREENBERG: That is correct. If we finish early, we have a longer coffee break. If you want ten minutes, why don't you take some time on the first day?

HEIDI ULLRICH: Because it's just under this topic, that's why, but we can [inaudible].

ALAN GREENBERG: I understand, but we always run out of time on this subject, and I think we need to do our homework ahead of time better than we have in the past. But I would prefer to leave the whole session, if we can.

HEIDI ULLRICH: Okay, session 8 – may we move ahead?

ALAN GREENBERG: Yes, please.

HEIDI ULLRICH: Okay, next session, 8, is on the New gTLD Update and Next Steps. That is by either Alan or Olivier, and then ATLAS II Implementations Update on Recommendations.

ALAN GREENBERG: I would think it would be Alan or Cheryl.

HEIDI ULLRICH: Okay, well, Olivier for the ATLAS II recommendation one.

ALAN GREENBERG: Yes, certainly, for that.

HEIDI ULLRICH: And then housekeeping, just a five-minute [inaudible].

ALAN GREENBERG: We should try to make sure Carlton is at that meeting as well.

HEIDI ULLRICH: Yes.

ALAN GREENBERG: He also part of that group.

HEIDI ULLRICH: Yes, okay. Gisella, could you note that, please? And then one item that we do need more information is the ALAC and ccNSO meeting. Right now, we have one item, which is outreach.

ALAN GREENBERG: Maureen, tell me if I'm on a wrong base on this, but I would make it outreach and cooperation. Because it's very targeted outreach, if we're looking at between ccTLDs and ALSes. And I will share with you a comment that was made by the reviewers to me, and that is, they received comment saying that – from the ccTLD people, that the ccTLD people really want to cooperate with ALSes, and we're not being cooperative. Maureen, are you with us?

MAUREEN HILYARD: Yes, I am, Alan, I was just typing something, but it's an interesting comment. But I have actually spoken about this with Katrina and Alejandro, and I think that [it'd] be good to include the cooperation side of things, and especially in relation to the database, the stakeholder [tool], just so they can see how we're actually supporting further collaboration with ccTLDs, etc.

ALAN GREENBERG: Yes. I can well believe that in particular targeted issues, the ccTLD may not have gotten a lot of interest and cooperation from a specific ALS, but that's very different than – as a body, we're not encouraging it. Alright, Heidi, back to you.

HEIDI ULLRICH: Okay, so for that item again, we have one item, outreach and cooperation. Is that correct?

ALAN GREENBERG: I think so, unless we can come up with something else. Has the ccNSO provided any agenda items, or it's just – that is the one?

GISELLA GRUBER: Alan, I haven't heard anything back from the ccNSO, and the agenda item, I think, that is up there is from Sandra. Let me just check.

ALAN GREENBERG: Alright. Maureen, can I ask you as an action item sometime before the meeting to talk to Katrina or anyone else, and if there are other things that are of mutual interest, let's add something to the agenda. I don't like having just one item which may end up with a different part of the meeting with us just staring at each other.

So if we can flesh it out, even if we don't get to it, but I'll leave it up to you to work with Katrina on that. In general, our agendas with the ccNSO have been overloaded. That may just have been during the transition and accountability.

I suspect Work Stream 2 accountability is something that might be something of interest. Cheryl, go ahead.

CHERYL LANGDON-ORR: Thanks, Alan. You're psyching. For example, I know that, having been asked to speak to the ccNSO about Work Stream 2 activities, that it certainly is on their agenda for a high interest topic, so that's probably useful to have that in there.

But also, as a subset of the outreach, it's been a while, I believe, since we've at least done a quick flick up on a screen of the database comparisons of where we have At-Large structures and ccNSO members. So that's probably worthwhile just refreshing, at least as a resource within the agenda as outreach as well.

ALAN GREENBERG: Okay, so if we can add CCWG Work Stream 2 as another agenda item – and I think, Maureen, if you have anything else afterwards, that's fine, but that at least gives us two items on the agenda. Onto Saturday –

HEIDI ULLRICH: Alan –

ALAN GREENBERG: Yes, go ahead.

HEIDI ULLRICH: Yes, Alan, I've also added database comparison [material] to the subset under item 1, and that's filled out the agenda. So thank you for that, Cheryl. Okay, Saturday. So we have the opening ceremony, then we

have an outreach – sorry, an HRT on how to do outreach within each SO/AC. I think Dev is preparing something for that.

At the same time, we have work session 9, which is basically, I've put in two sessions: one on working group updates, including the academy, capacity building, TTS subcommittee and outreach engagement, and then the At-Large Working Group on the public interest.

ALAN GREENBERG:

Yes, hold on a second. Let's make it clear, at this point, we are planning a session competing with the high interest topic, how to do outreach within each AC and SO. The rationale for that is, although we may well have a few people participating, I don't believe we are going to learn a lot about how the registries do outreach, or ccTLDs, which is a rather targeted group, do outreach, and I don't think it's going to help us a lot or vice versa.

There seem to be enough other things to be doing that we could compete with it. If there's anyone who feels very strongly that we should not be competing with it, I'd like to hear that right now.

Sandra, I see your hand up. We'll go to you a minute, unless you're answering that question.

SANDRA HOFERICHTER:

It is exactly on this question, Alan.

ALAN GREENBERG: Go right ahead then.

SANDA HOFERICHTER: I'm not sure if you already have read that e-mail I just forwarded to you, but I was approached by Katrina from the ccNSO to give an input, especially to this high interest session, and you might have read that I was proposing that ICANN [inaudible] especially with the academy activities, so for me at least, it would be a conflict of scheduling, because it's exactly the same time I'm also scheduled to give an update to the At-Large community.

ALAN GREENBERG: Alright, we can certainly move you if necessary. Is there anyone else who feels that the high interest topic, how to do outreach within each AC and SO is of general interest to the 25-odd – 25 people, not necessarily odd, sorry – we will have attending this meeting.

Hearing no voices, seeing no hands, I'm saying we're going to keep on with the conflicting session, and we need to move Sandra somewhere else.

Go ahead, back to you, Heidi.

HEIDI ULLRICH: Okay, thank you. Second section that is basically on working group revitalization, or whatever term you'd like to use, and I've just chosen some that might need to be looked at a little bit. And then it's IDN, new gTLDs, registration services, and then others.

ALAN GREENBERG: Okay. Please change the order to new g TLDs first, registration services, IDN, other, and I will tell this group that I would really like to put to sleep any groups that are not actively working as groups. That doesn't mean we don't have a point person or two point people who are responsible for a subject, but as a working group, we can always bring them back to life if necessary. We don't throw away any wiki pages, we don't throw away mailing lists, but I would like to get the list of working groups that we show on our website to ones that we really want people to work on.

So I'm going to make a strong statement of that and I understand there are people within this group and within the ALAC who want to keep everything alive just in case, but I really don't see how that helps us in trying to get active people to work on these groups. So we will have that discussion then. Back to you, Heidi.

HEIDI ULLRICH: Okay, thank you. Moving on to the ALAC Leadership Team with the Registry Stakeholder Group, we have a number of questions from registries but we don't have anything from the ALAC.

ALAN GREENBERG: We've agreed on those questions.

HEIDI ULLRICH: Okay, so those are perfect. So we just [inaudible] those topics. Okay.

ALAN GREENBERG:

Now, I will tell you that there are some people who think item number two, the issue on travel budget, is a loaded question. That is, they want to hear that we want more money, and they want to be able to fight it. I'm treating this as a more open discussion.

I think this is an opportunity to point out to them the great disparity between registries – to many of which have money – and our users who have no connection to the industry, and the reliance on travel funding. Now, there are some small registries that may rely on travel funding in our new world, but I think this is an opportunity to bring home the great difference between our communities.

I understand it might be a loaded question that is there to catch us, and I think we have to be careful as we go forward. Tijani, go ahead.

TIJANI BEN JEMAA:

Thank you very much, Alan. I really don't feel how a discussion with the Registry Stakeholder Group about the travel funding is useful for us, or for them. It will be always a question of disagreements between us, and if we raise it with them, do they have the capability to solve the problem or to give a solution? Or what is the aim of this going to discuss with the registries in Hyderabad? Do we have any expectations from this discussion? Thank you.

ALAN GREENBERG:

It is one of the issues that they raised, so from that point of view – and they're the ones who asked for the meeting – I have no reason not to

raise it, but we're just going to have to be careful how we treat it. Olivier, do you have any thoughts on this? You were the conduit of arranging this meeting.

OLIVIER CRÉPIN-LEBLOND: Well, I have been in touch with – well, certainly in the early days, but I think that we should just – I'm not quite sure, really, how to deal with that. Have they not come back to us with some topic yet?

ALAN GREENBERG: Yes, the topics are the ones that are listed.

OLIVIER CRÉPIN-LEBLOND: Scrolled to the wrong location.

ALAN GREENBERG: Volunteer burnout, how do we treat it? Is the fellowship program useful to us? That's number one. Number two, travel budgets, and number three, leadership rotation, election processes and stuff like that.

OLIVIER CRÉPIN-LEBLOND: Yes. Well, I would have hoped that we could have something about policy on this with them, but maybe this first meeting is going to be something quite generic, not trying to go for something that is too controversial at this time.

I think that one of the things that maybe we could ask is to ask how they are dealing with the post-first round or current round of gTLD, how they're dealing with the scalability growing to something very different than it was just before. It used to be a very small group before, now they're a much larger group.

ALAN GREENBERG:

I think we can wrap that into both one and three. They did have a fourth item, on our perspective on the New gTLD Program, and how it affects competition. And I decided that was not something we wanted to get into. This was our first meeting, this is not a time to butt heads in my mind, and I think that's really what it would be. And four major items seemed to be an awful lot for one hour.

OLIVIER CRÉPIN-LEBLOND:

We have had some meetings with the Registry Stakeholder Group in the past.

ALAN GREENBERG:

[inaudible] Okay.

OLIVIER CRÉPIN-LEBLOND:

A very long time ago. Not recently. It was a very long time ago, so I would still think that – these are good topics, there are three of them. If you think that what I just said can be intertwined with one and three, then we'll just stick it to that, and if we have spare time, we can always add when we speak to them.

ALAN GREENBERG: Typically, how these meetings go is the first item takes up the full hour. So Cheryl and then Tijani. We are past our time right now, and we have other issues that must be discussed.

CHERYL LANGDON-ORR: Thank you. Very briefly, look, I think we can run with these three, and yes, I'm happy to have policy intertwined, and I think we should probably have the mantra of "Our input into policy" throughout all of these discussions.

And I'm perfectly comfortable even with the travel budget one. I think these reflect a desire to better understand, and far as I can tell, in general, the understanding of who we are and what we do, and that goes right down to structure.

It's something that even back when I was ALAC Chair was missing, so I'd take this as a positive set of questions, and we just make sure we spin it that way.

ALAN GREENBERG: I agree. And the point person is Paul Diaz, who works for .org, and I think he's one of the more reasonable people around in the community. We don't always agree, but I think he's one of the more reasonable people around. Tijani, go ahead.

TIJANI BEN JEMAA: Thank you, Alan. My question is exactly what Cheryl just said. We can see it from the positive side, but did you ask them what they want us to discuss about this travel funding? What is their aim to discuss it?

ALAN GREENBERG: We can ask. We see the words. The words on the table are the ones they provided.

TIJANI BEN JEMAA: Thank you very much.

ALAN GREENBERG: I think our answer to the question is, “Are we planning to ask for more travel support?” We have had no discussions where we were planning to ask for more travel support than the current model that we’re using right now, other than the GAC liaison.

We’re not saying, “Yes, give us gobs of money.” That’s not something that is on our table today. Heidi, let’s go ahead, please.

HEIDI ULLRICH: Okay, thank you. That afternoon continues with another – the first session of the APRALO ALS Capacity Building session. Holly, one thing we need from that is just who you’d like to introduce, who you would like to bring in from ccNSO, GAC, GNSO and SSAC. Please let us know that. That would be great. And then the afternoon is full of HIT having a public forum, and the gala.

ALAN GREENBERG: Alright, next day?

HEIDI ULLRICH: Okay, so then we are on to Sunday, the 6th, and that is a fantastic two-hour session on Cheryl's talk [inaudible]. Alan, did you want to take Olivier's question?

ALAN GREENBERG: Sorry, Olivier, I didn't see your hand. Go ahead.

OLIVIER CRÉPIN-LEBLOND: Thanks very much, Alan. Just before we jump to the next page, I was going to say, if we do run out of topics to discuss with the Registry Stakeholder Group, we could always ask what, in their view, is the public interest? It's something that is not controversial per se, but it would be interesting to see their point of view in that respect, and we have to remember, this is just leadership that we're talking with, so [inaudible] have a bit of an idea.

ALAN GREENBERG: Then just remember, I will point out that I have raised the issue a number of times where I have made the claim that the GNSO is ill-positioned to support the public interest, because if and when we ever get to an issue where something is in financial favor specifically of registries and registrars, that may be counter to what we believe is the

public interest, and their response is always, “But of course we care about the public interest,” without really looking at when the two may conflict. So I’m not quite sure how productive that would be, but you’ll be at the meeting, so keep the question in mind.

OLIVIER CRÉPIN-LEBLOND: That’s why the question should be asked around some food.

HEIDI ULLRICH: Okay, Olivier, I’ve added that sub-point for question four.

ALAN GREENBERG: These questions have been agreed to. We can’t unilaterally add. Or you can add optionally, if there’s time, discussion of the public interest. Heidi, let’s go ahead. We’re really running out of time, many of us – or at least some of us – have another meeting in less than 30 minutes at this point.

CHERYL LANGDON-ORR: Some of us have been on a meeting for the last hour as well.

ALAN GREENBERG: Cheryl, you’re special.

HEIDI ULLRICH:

Okay, so then moving on to [inaudible], we have Cheryl's two-hour meeting on the Cross-Community Committee on Accessibility, all is well there.

Then we have APRALO monthly meeting, full agenda.

Second capacity building session, the ALAC and GAC meeting, 14:00 to 15:00. We have four agenda items.

Then, we have the HITs on public interest. That's Wolf and Ergys are working on. Olivier, you're working on that, I believe, as well.

Then, we have the At-Large regional leadership meeting in the afternoon, and that has been agreed to.

Then we have the showcase at 18:30, that is all looking good.

Moving on to the 7th, this is actually now our wrap-up day, so it's not the day before the final day. Right now, we're going to divide it into two sessions. The first is the wrap-up session 1. Basically, it's reporting back, so there's a little bit of flex time there. Then there's the ALAC and Board meeting, so now we have those questions to the Board, we'll update that. Then, we have the joint BCEC-BMSPC meeting. Thank you very much for the excellent agenda, Julie and Tijani. Then, we have the third APRALO session. Agenda looks good. Then again, as we –

ALAN GREENBERG:

To be clear, the joint meeting, everyone is invited to, should they choose to come. Is that correct?

HEIDI ULLRICH: Correct.

ALAN GREENBERG: Make sure that's really clear in the title or in the words under it, because we always have people who say, "Oh, I didn't know."

HEIDI ULLRICH: That's open to all, right?

ALAN GREENBERG: Well, "At-Large joint BMSPC meeting, At-Large leadership," or something like that. Next?

HEIDI ULLRICH: Okay, then we're going to switch those, make some switches in the afternoon. Basically, it's going to be LACRALO and NARALO, then we have At-Large leadership working session part 2, and that is going to be – the first part will be with Göran, Steve, and David. Then we have ALAC positions to be taken, a significant time there. Then we have 15 minutes for Chair's announcement, and that is basically for those leaving their positions.

ALAN GREENBERG: Okay.

HEIDI ULLRICH: Okay, that is the 7th. Moving on to the 8th, so then we start morning –

OLIVIER CRÉPIN-LEBLOND: My hand is up.

ALAN GREENBERG: Olivier, go ahead.

OLIVIER CRÉPIN-LEBLOND: Thanks very much, Alan. On that day, which is the day that we had on screen, which was the Monday – wasn't it? On that day, there is an At-Large session about the gTLD marketplace health index.

It partly clashes or conflicts with our meeting with the Board, and Cyrus Namazi had asked me to appear on that discussion panel, because I drafted the marketplace health index response and so on, but I could only spend half an hour there if I was to attend the meeting with the Board, so do you have anybody else in At-Large who could appear on this panel?

ALAN GREENBERG: Let's handle that offline. If you choose to be at that meeting and not in the Board meeting, that's fine.

OLIVIER CRÉPIN-LEBLOND: Well, the reason why I wanted to be on the Board meeting was because I also need to present the ATLAS II discussion, so that's why it's a little

bit of a problem. And I did say I could be at that first meeting, then run out to the other one, and –

ALAN GREENBERG: What is the time for the marketplace meeting?

OLIVIER CRÉPIN-LEBLOND: Marketplace meeting is – I think it's from 9:00 until 10:30.

ALAN GREENBERG: Well, that's perfect then. The Board meeting goes to 10:45, and the ATLAS will be at the end.

OLIVIER CRÉPIN-LEBLOND: It's 15 minutes run from one to the other.

ALAN GREENBERG: You may have to leave five minutes early then from that one to do the run. It sounds like it's manageable.

OLIVIER CRÉPIN-LEBLOND: Alright, if that's okay with you, that's fine then.

ALAN GREENBERG: That's fine. Heidi, back to you.

HEIDI ULLRICH: Okay, moving on to the 8th, in the morning, we have the AGN, public forum 2 and the community recognition program. Then, in the afternoon, we have the fourth and final APRALO ALS Capacity Building session, then we have the 13:45-14:45 ALT and the CSG. We have no agenda for that.

ALAN GREENBERG: It's fine, we will work one out.

HEIDI ULLRICH: Okay, then we have – we're going to have APRALO.

ALAN GREENBERG: Put an action item for us to follow up on that.

HEIDI ULLRICH: Okay, thank you. Then, we'll have APRALO on that day. Then we have the At-Large Public Interest Working Group, which is going to give a little bit of a follow-up on the HIT session and next steps for the group. Then we have the ALAC Subcommittee on Outreach and Engagement with NextGen, and [Dev] has that under his control.

And again, please note that the community cocktail is going to be on this day, not the [inaudible], not the night, and this is going to be something that you don't want to miss. This can be something special with the transition group.

ALAN GREENBERG: Okay.

HEIDI ULLRICH: Okay, and then on the 9th, we have ALT. Now, this session, the ALT may start 15 minutes early. We're just waiting back and that is due to [team] availability. And then we have David invited, and then we have identification of key issues for the ALT. And this is obviously with the new ALT.

ALAN GREENBERG: Okay.

HEIDI ULLRICH: Then, at the same time, we have the RALO Development session part 1. Now, we basically have a full agenda for this. It's still to be confirmed, but basically, it's going to be more of a roundtable. It's not going to be a fishbowl activity there.

Then, we go into the ALAC Development session, part 1 and 2, and we have those items. And that is it.

ALAN GREENBERG: Thank you. Any other comments on agendas?

UNIDENTIFIED FEMALE: Nope.

ALAN GREENBERG: Heidi, can you try to get – you’ve been updating as we go along, I presume. Is that correct?

HEIDI ULLRICH: For the most part. I will need to go back.

ALAN GREENBERG: Okay. I’ve got a meeting going until my 17:00, your 14:00. Let’s assume it’s going to run a little bit over. Can we meet at your 14:30, and try to see what issues need to be resolved?

HEIDI ULLRICH: If we could make it – yes – if we could make it 14:45 or so.

ALAN GREENBERG: Your 14:45, that’s fine. My 17:45.

HEIDI ULLRICH: Yes, around that time. I’ll ping you.

ALAN GREENBERG: Okay.

HEIDI ULLRICH: Just one last point. I do want to stress that tomorrow, we do have the ICANN 57 At-Large press call, where we are going to go through the

schedule and have the people who are leading the sessions introduce their sessions, and many of you will be on that call hopefully doing that. And this will also be a chance where we can start filling a little bit the session, the column on the objects and additional information.

ALAN GREENBERG: I don't have a clue what meeting you're talking about. It's not on my agenda.

HEIDI ULLRICH: It should be there shortly.

ALAN GREENBERG: Can you tell me what time it is?

GISELLA GRUBER: Alan, it is there, sorry. 18:00 UTC.

ALAN GREENBERG: Well, maybe I haven't refreshed today.

GISELLA GRUBER: No, it's there, and apologies, I may – sorry, Heidi, if I'm stepping in. Sorry for this last-minute scheduling. It's been a bit of a nightmare, and I'm still cross-checking the main schedule all day every day to see any changes.

ALAN GREENBERG: Okay, it has now showed up. Fine, okay. Anything else on agendas? Folks, we really are running out of time. BMSPC and BCEC, anyone, are there any comments? We had ten minutes allocated, I'm not quite sure what you want to say, but if you want to speak – well, Cheryl first, then Julie. Cheryl had her hand up before I went to that subject. Cheryl, go ahead.

CHERYL LANGDON-ORR: Thanks. I'm happy to let Julie and Tijani speak on the current topic. I'll come back under Any Other Business, if you'd like.

ALAN GREENBERG: No, let's just do it once you have the microphone.

CHERYL LANGDON-ORR: Okay. I just wanted to note – and it's on agenda, which is why I've put my hand up now – my general disappointment in terms of being able to populate our calendars from the Hyderabad schedule.

Perhaps it's just the fact that I use operating systems which are not Microsoft-based, but it constantly only allows an update into calendar for this hardly useful schedule within the mobile app. That's a real pain in my bum, as far as I'm concerned.

By this stage, I usually have a whole lot of properly populated calendar entries that I have been able to put across directly from the webpage.

I'm just annoyed by the fact that I'm going to have to copy and paste a stupid amount of stuff. Thank you.

ALAN GREENBERG: Noted. Julie, go ahead.

JULIE HAMMER: Thanks, Alan. Just a really quick update. If you would have seen the release of the expression of interest was at 00:01 UTC on the 19th of October as planned. Well done to Ariel. We've had [inaudible] and the BCEC at the moment is testing our web tools. We've had five test expressions of interest completed. Ariel has [inaudible] them and the BCEC now is doing trial evaluations, which we hope to get done by the end of the week.

So as I'm checking along fairly quickly. My question, earlier on the call it was mentioned that you had the 360 degree evaluation of our current Board member and I just want to inquire perhaps as a follow-up after this meeting, outside the meeting, about the process for that being made available to the BCEC. I'm not sure whether it's a public document or an in-confidence document. Thanks, Alan.

ALAN GREENBERG: It is not a public document at this point and we will have to have a discussion. Tijani, go ahead.

TIJANI BEN JEMAA: Thank you very much, Alan. I don't have a lot of things to report, because everything was done since a while. The guidelines are there, the timeline is there, and my only perhaps question now is that the electorate should know about the 360 evaluation. So at this moment, we don't have to make it public, but when we will reach this step of the election, I think we have to provide the electorate with this report. Thank you.

ALAN GREENBERG: That's not a decision that you or I can make at this point. We can have a further discussion, but not right now. We're running a bit late, and there are some sensitivities.

TIJANI BEN JEMAA: Okay.

ALAN GREENBERG: The evaluation, by the way, was a superb evaluation. I will tell you, this is not sensitivity from Rinalia, but there are other people who are involved in this process.

May we go ahead? Do you have anything else to report, or we finished BCEC, BMSPC? Alright, next item is – sorry, Julie, were you saying something? No. Am I still on the call? Is anyone still on this call?

CHERYL LANGDON-ORR: I am, so I guess you are. I can hear you.

UNIDENTIFIED FEMALE: I am, too.

ALAN GREENBERG: Alright. The next item is ALT members. We have four nominations. Two of them have been accepted, two have not been accepted publicly, but I presume will be accepted and I do ask those two people, specifically León and Holly, to send a note to the ALAC list saying you're accepting.

HOLYL RAICHE: Yes, I did.

ALAN GREENBERG: You did? Fine, I hadn't seen it. And I would like to talk to –

LEÓN SANCHEZ: I did, too.

ALAN GREENBERG: Thank you. Then they came in after the start of this meeting, or at least I didn't see them at that point. And I would like to talk to each of you privately to what extent you want to or are interested in the Vice Chair position. We do have competition for them at this point, and I would like to make an informed decision based on discussions, but let's have that offline, please.

DotMobi position, we have a competitive situation with two people competing. I asked them for a summary to make it clear to the ALAC what their background is leading up to this. I have received one and have urgently asked for the other, and once I get that, I will be forwarding mail to the ALAC.

Next item is, I presume all of you have seen, but if not, you should look at Dev's Stakeholder Analysis tool, where you can pull up by country of who the ALSes are, who the ccTLD is, whether they are a GAC member or not. He did not populate it with who the GAC member is because he believed that was changed too often and was not practical. I'm very impressed with what he's done. Heidi, you might want to socialize that around ICANN, and I would like to see ICANN staff take over the updating from Dev. But we can talk about that offline.

Any Other Business? Hearing nothing, seeing nothing, thank you all for your attention. Sorry for running over. See you all on the next meeting, to the extent that anyone is going to be on that one. Just for your curiosity, it's a discussion of the CCT Review, and concerns that our people on the CCT review have that they're being railroaded, so we're going to talk about that a little bit and try to understand what the situation is. I'm going to try to understand what the situation is.

Thank you all, and Heidi, in whatever, an hour or two, whenever it is, I'll talk to you. Thank you all.

UNIDENTIFIED MALE: Thanks, everyone.

UNIDENTIFIED FEMALE: Thank you. Bye.

YESIM NAZLAR: This meeting is now adjourned. You all will be now disconnected. Thank you very much for your participation, and have a lovely rest of the day.

[END OF TRANSCRIPTION]