

---

YESIM NAZLAR: Good evening to everyone. Welcome to the EURALO Monthly Call taking place on Tuesday, the 20th of December, 2016, at 19:00 UTC. On the call today we have Olivier Crépin-Leblond, Wolf Ludwig, Sébastien Bachollet, Oksana Prykhodko, Yrjö Lansipuro, Jean-Jeacques Subrenat, Jordi Iparraguirre, Sandra Hoferichter, Yuliya Morenets, Erich Schweighofer, Alan Greenberg, and Mirjana Tasic. We have received apologies from Andrei Kolesnikov, Roberto Gaetano, Veronica Cretu, and Nenad Marinkovic. From Staff, we have Heidi Ullrich, Silvia Vivanco, and myself, Yeşim Nazlar.

Finally, if I could please remind everyone to state their names before speaking for the transcript purposes, and over to you, Olivier, thank you very much.

OLIVIER CREPIN-LEBLOND: Thank you very much, Yeşim. Olivier Crepin-Leblond speaking, and welcome everybody to this last call of the 2016 year. The first thing we have to do after this roll call is to adopt the agenda or ask for any other business to be added to the agenda, or any announcements. So, I'm opening the floor if anyone wishes to speak. Sebastien Bachollet, you have the floor.

SEBASTIEN BACHOLLET: Thank you, Olivier. Sebastien Bachollet speaking. Yeah, I guess we have some working groups where we need to cooperate with EURALO member posts from the ALAC part and from the rest of the EURALO, if I

---

*Note: The following is the output resulting from transcribing an audio file into a word/text document. Although the transcription is largely accurate, in some cases may be incomplete or inaccurate due to inaudible passages and grammatical corrections. It is posted as an aid to the original audio file, but should not be treated as an authoritative record.*

---

can say it like that. Maybe it can be added to any other business. Thank you.

OLIVIER CREPIN-LEBLOND: Thanks, Sebastien. It's Olivier speaking. Which groups were they? I think, if I recall, there is one group which is [inaudible] off Finance and Budgets?

SEBASTIEN BACHOLLET: Yes, definitely this one is on the list, I don't remember if there are no others.

OLIVIER CREPIN-LEBLOND: That there cannot be others, okay, thank you very much for that, Sebastien. I see Jordi Iparraguirre, Jordi you have the floor. And you might be muted. Jordi? I think we might have a -- we're not hearing you. Anybody hearing me? I gather, yes.

YESIM NAZLAR: Olivier, yes I can hear you, and I will try --

SEBASTIEN BACHOLLET: Yes, Olivier, it's okay, we can hear you.

OLIVIER CREPIN-LEBLOND: Let's get back to Jordi in a moment. Let's go to Oksana Prykhodko, please.

OKSANA PRYKHODKO: Thank you, Olivier. Oksana Prykhodko speaking. I would like to raise the issue of EURALO bylaws and to receive new information on General Assembly of EURALO.

OLIVIER CREPIN-LEBLOND: Okay, thanks very much for this. On the EURALO bylaws, we are going to have a – do we have feedback on this? No, we haven't got feedback on this. Okay, let me just respond quickly while Staff tries to work out if they can get Jordi online. So on the EURALO bylaws, at the moment I'm waiting for a response from Heidi on the allocation of staff, in fact it's the first action item in our list of action items, "Heidi Ullrich and Silvia Vivanco to work with Michael Yakushev to update on legal support requested for the drafting of EURALO bylaws." That's all I have at the moment, and we'll hear from Heidi and Silvia in a moment on this.

On the General Assembly, we haven't started working on this. We will have a General Assembly, it's likely to be in Copenhagen. There is no funding for attending the General Assembly, so we will have to meet either online or for those people that are able to come to Copenhagen via other means, such as through the Fellowship or through Next-Gen program, then they will be able meet face to face. There is no funding for a face to face General Assembly, as such. Okay, can we try and go back to Jordi, please?

JORDI IPARRAGUIRRE: Hello, this is Jordi, can you hear me?

---

OLIVIER CREPIN-LEBLOND: Ah, now we can hear you, yes.

JORDI IPARRAGUIRRE: Okay, wonderful, thank you very much. This is Jordi for the record, thank you very much. Just to communicate that I will start to work for ccTLD starting in January, so there is a clear incompatibility, I believe, with being on the Board of EURALO, so I would like to present my resignation, because I think that this cannot be done at the same time.

So, just to communicate that, and thank you very much for your help and cooperation. It's been really a pleasure to work with you during that time. Nevertheless, I will continue if I can, following EURALO as a member of one of the ALSes, if the ALS considers me to continue on that.

OLIVIER CREPIN-LEBLOND: Thanks for this Jordi, and thank you for confirming this. You had written to me and asked me about this, so thanks for your service on the EURALO Board. Your input has been very helpful and very valuable. So this is particularly good, and it's great that you're working for a ccTLD, but you know, that said, you are the second one of the EURALO board members that is offered a job, and I think that we now need to do something about this, because otherwise we'll lose all of our board members, either that, or becoming a EURALO board member is a very good way to end up getting a job, I don't know, I'm just trying to capitalize.

---

We will launch a process, then, to select another board member to replace you. So, I think we can take that as an action item for staff, please, to launch a process for the board member to replace you on this.

JORDI IPARRAGUIRRE: Thank you very much to you all, as well, let's keep in touch. Thanks.

OLIVIER CREPIN-LEBLOND: Thanks very much, Jordi, much appreciated, and of course, you know, you can still participate in our calls, and you're very welcome to do so. So, any other business? I don't see anything else to add to the agenda, so let's then go to the review of the action items.

The first one is about the EURALO bylaws, and the request from Heidi to Michael Yakushev. Heidi, have you had any response?

HEIDI ULLRICH: Hi Olivier, this is Heidi. No, I have not been in touch with Michael and I also have spoken about this a little bit with Olivier, and we have ICANN Legal who can help with legal issues, and we also have Silvia, who is a trained lawyer, so she can help you again with legal issues. So I'm not sure if another third party legal firm is necessary. I'm happy to listen to you about this. So, that's really my update.

---

OLIVIER CREPIN-LEBLOND: Yes, thanks for this, Heidi. Olivier Crepin-Leblond speaking. So if anyone of the parties that you mentioned is versatile and good in Swiss law, that would work out. So, if you can, I don't know if ICANN's legal department has knowledge of Swiss law and is able to write bylaws according to Swiss law, but that's the model that was decided would be pursued by the group. But we can follow up with you after the call and see where we can go from here. Let's move on, I'm really aware of the length of the agenda.

We also pick to send members of the public interest working group an email suggesting topics and calendar between now and the meeting in Copenhagen. There is still some time. Wolf, how is that progressing?

WOLF LUDWIG: Can you hear me now?

OLIVIER CREPIN-LEBLOND: Yes, I can hear you, Wolf, we can hear you, thank you.

WOLF LUDWIG: Yeah, I think there was an email I sent a couple of days after our last call inviting participants for some further comments and some comments from people like Sheeva and somebody else who commented immediately after the Hyderabad meeting, and I haven't seen any further comments on this.

---

OLIVIER CREPIN-LEBLOND: Okay, thanks for this. Let's then move on and please follow up with the public interest working group, of course, from now until Copenhagen, and see how this is going to progress. The next one is Yrjo Lansipuro for the EURALO ALS engagement taskforce work on analysis and data processing from all of the responses provided by EURALO ALSs, and Yrjo is going to follow up with us in a moment, later on the in the call. Silvia, to include the next EURALO monthly call an item on EURALO individual association and activities to be undertaken in 2017. That's also coming up. And finally Olivier and EURALO members to open a discussion, and I'll be touching on this in a moment, also, during this call. So, are there any comments on any of the action items?

No comments, okay, then let's go back to our agenda, please. And we can go to the next item of our agenda, that's the review of the public consultations. There are quite a few at the moment at the end of this year, just before the holidays. There was a recent statement approved by the ALAC about Phase 2 of the assessment of the competitive effects associated with the new generic top level domain program. It certainly is interesting to see how the competitive effects are evolving and please have a look at the statement on your own time.

The ones that are important that are currently on our table, creating a consumer agenda at ICANN, we do have a number of consumer groups in At-Large, so please comment on this. It's a draft proposal, which is not in response to public comment, and it's been on the table for a while, but it's got some interesting angles to it, and it needs a little push at the moment, so people have a look at that.

---

Then there is the draft post transition IANA fiscal year 18 operating plan and budget. That closes this year, the 10th of December, 2016. Is that correct? Because the ALAC is currently rapid firing a statement, so just have a look at it, you might have had a little extension to submit this a bit late.

Then, the continuous data driven analysis of the root service system stability draft report, that's very technical in scope, and it's to do with, well, as it says, the stability of the root service system, the 13 roots, the mirrors that are out there. So if you're interested technical issues, then please have a look at that.

The next one is the identifier technology health indicators and that's again related to technical issues. It's really about the stability of the technology that is used behind all of the domain name system, et cetera. Yrjo has volunteered to draft a statement. Perhaps, Yrjo, after I review these statements, you might wish to say a couple words on what you're planning here.

The next one is updated supplementary procedures for independent review process. As you know, ICANN goes through this whole process of procedures for cross community working groups, for independent reviews, there's a whole lot of things. Coming out of the cross community working group on CCWG Accountability. So, the independent review process is being somewhat amended, modified, improved, I guess is the word, and Leon Sanchez who is on of the Co-Chairs of the cross community working group on Accountability drafted a first draft that is in the Wiki page, so just have a quick look at this. It's



---

quite straightforward and it seems to along with what is currently being proposed.

And then finally the proposed ICANN community anti harassment policy and Sebastien Bachollet and I have drafted a statement which is currently undergoing ratification.

A statement that seems to be stalled at the moment, there is an input requested on the new generic top level domain subsequent procedures. There is a working group that is currently working on this, a cross community working group that is working on this, and looking at all sorts of angles and problems that happen in the current round of new generic top level domains, so there are certainly questions about some issues in there, and Alan Greenberg is drafting the ALAC input on this. So have a look at the statements, probably comment request, and have a look at what Alan is putting together.

And then there is a public comment which the ALAC as decided not to statements to, and that's to do with the tight script root zone label generation rules. That, of course is to do with the internationalized domain names and their IDN working group Chair, Satish Babu, I think, looked at it and said there isn't very much to be saying there, it's just to see that the work has been done pretty well. So, that's the current thing. I'll open the floor and now we have Jean-Jacques Subrenat, you have the floor.

JEAN-JEACQUES SUBRENAT: Thank you Olivier, this is Jean-Jacques, can you hear me?

OLIVIER CREPIN-LEBLOND: Yes, very well, Jean-Jeaques, welcome.

JEAN-JEACQUES SUBRENAT: Thank you, hello. I have just a remark about the statement in process being drafted about creating a consumer jargon. Here again, this is a topic I brought up an endless number of times from the ICANN road to ALAC, to everywhere, and I think that if there is one part of ICANN where really an effort should be made to distinguish even at the level of vocabulary between consumer and global internet user, this is it. Now, I know the text which is being considered, and I've read this again, just now, and the definition of consumer right from the start poses a problem. It says, "Consumer definition. For the purpose of this proposal, a consumer is any person who uses the internet for any purpose."

Well, that is such a statement that I think it could put the ordinary user in difficulty, because it would accredit the idea that the only type of relationship between an internet user and ICANN, for instance, or to ICANN's constituencies, for instance the name vendors, et cetera, is of a commercial nature, and that outside of a contractual relationship between the consumer and the provider, there are no other general obligations. And of course, this is completely in contradiction with the notion of the user who has rights, and it is for the affirmation of these rights that efforts have been done over the past years in matters of transparency and accountability.

---

So, my specific proposals for this is that our representative in this should voice a word of concern about the definition of consumer and suggest an addition, that the use of the word consumer cannot cover entirely the reality of the global internet user, the latter having rights which the consumer may not have, because the consumer enters only into a commercial contractual relationship with the provider. Thank you.

OLIVIER CREPIN-LEBLOND: Thank you, Jean-Jeaques. Olivier Crepin-Leblond speaking. I think, looking at the comments that were submitted on the Wiki page, Sebastien Bachollet has suggested "end user" rather than "consumer." But I would suggest that you write briefly what you've told us here on the Wiki page itself, and that will be taken up by the person in charge of drafting this and of updating it. Next is Yrjo Lansipuro. Yrjo, I can see that you're speaking, but it's not coming out on the Adobe Connect.

YRJO LANSIPURO: Can you hear me now?

OLIVIER CREPIN-LEBLOND: Yes, now we can hear you, welcome.

YRJO LANSIPURO: Alright, so this is Yrjo Lansipuro. Thank you, Olivier. I volunteered for this drafting because I was intrigued and interested, that is to say, using a metaphor of health and diseases, and using, in fact, medical terminology and medical logic for this problem. In other words,

---

defining with DNS by the absence of five diseases, which have even been given a sort of artificial Latin names.

So, I'm trying to make sense of it, but I would say that this is a very interesting approach and makes sense, even for someone who is not very deep in the technology, and I'm certainly not, so I'm going to need help from those who are better versed in the technology. Thank you.

OLIVIER CREPIN-LEBLOND: Thanks very much for this, Yrjo. So that's a request for help from anyone on the call. I can certainly see -- I'm not going to name names, but I can see a couple of people on the call that are technologically minded and they are very good, actually, in technology. So may they please get in touch with you to help you out on this statement. That would be really helpful. And certainly, if you want, I can also have a look, myself, and help you out on this. Next in our queue is Alan Greenberg.

ALAN GREENBERG: Thank you very much. I'm talking about the consumer agenda document. I would strongly suggest people not spend a lot of time on this right now. That document was created by Garth Bruen a long time ago. There was a webinar on it, and there was a general consensus to make some significant changes, including removing the reference to consumers and moving it back to users. Garth has been occupied with other things for many months. He has recently said he will be back with us, and that is one of the things that will have to be revised, so I would suggest people not put a lot of effort into commenting on a very old, at

---

this point, probably obsolete document, until the new version is posted.  
Thank you.

OLIVIER CREPIN-LEBLOND: Thanks for that, Alan. Olivier Crepin-Leblond speaking. Perhaps that should have been in statements that seem to be stalled, I have certainly seen in for a long time on the agenda. It's worth knowing that this is going to restart soon. Okay, I don't see any other hands apart from Jean-Jeaques, is that a new hand you've put up, or is that still the hand from before? Jean-Jeaques [inaudible] you put your hand up. Okay, well, thanks for all this feedback. I hope you will all be able to take part in the development processes that we have here.

Next, we are going to be looking at planning for ICANN58 Copenhagen with the EURALO meetings and activities and outreach events. Now, as you know, the next meeting takes place in Europe, again, I think as some might people might say, as I mentioned earlier, we don't have any funding to send people there specifically, but we do have is the ability to have a showcase, we have the ability to have a general assembly, and we have the ability to perhaps have any specific outreach event that we might wish to have, in add to the showcase, because that's the first meeting of the year. Because in general, we do have some work that we can do with the fellows, we can do some work with the Next-Gen.

So the fellows are people that come from all around the world and the Next-Gen are young people, generally at university, that come from the region, many from the country itself, or from other countries in Europe, and it's always worthwhile, that's where we can get more members and

---

more new blood in our community which certainly would be very helpful. So, I'm really open now to suggestions. I'm also going to call on Heidi to add anything that could be added to what I've said, and Silvia, of course. And I see that Alan has his hand up, so I'll first turn over to Alan Greenberg.

ALAN GREENBERG: Sorry, that is an old hand.

OLIVIER CREPIN-LEBLOND: Okay, thanks Alan. So, Heidi or Silvia, is there anything else to add on this? I haven't got any idea yet of the topology of the Copenhagen meeting and how it all goes with hotels and things. Do we have any news on that already?

HEIDI ULLRICH: Hi, this is Heidi, if I may, and then I'll hand it over to Silvia. What we do know is that the venue, it's going to be a conference center, and then the hotels will be around there. I think that the venue also has a hotel, but I know that there are additional hotels that are going to be used as well. In terms of the activities that you've outlined, I know that the subcommittee on outreach engagement is planning activities, as well, so perhaps you can work with them to do outreach activity with the fellows, with Next-Gen, et cetera.

One other thing that I did not hear you mention, Olivier, is working with the ICANN information booth to do outreach there. You can put brochures there, you can station people there to speak to people who

---

are interested, both organizations and individuals. So that's something you might wish to work on. Olivier, you might also wish to speak with Jean-Jacques, whether his team is doing anything. I'm happy to contact him if you'd like, to see if there is something that you can collaborate with.

JEAN-JEACQUES SUBRENAT: Jean-Jacques Sahel.

HEIDI ULLRICH: Yes, Sahel, sorry about that, thank you for the clarification, who is the VP for Europe, who will do outreach activities, I'm sure. I think that they normally plan things with academics, so maybe there's an opportunity there. So, I'll hand it over to Silvia. Silvia, go ahead.

SILVIA VIVANCO: Hello, yes. Can you hear me?

OLIVIER CREPIN-LEBLOND: Yes, we can hear you, go ahead.

SILVIA VIVANCO: Oh, okay, sorry. Yes, Heidi, I think you covered the main activities, the outreach, to information booth and activities and Jean-Jacques Sahel they probably will do some sort of cocktails or activities. And then, Olivier, we could work together on an agenda to go through the procedural issues, like if we have already some drafts for the new

---

bylaws, that could be discussed and approved, and then some update of the staff course on LS engagement. So, we have some good ideas we can start flooring. So, I'm going to open a Wiki page so we can start brainstorming and adding action plans. Thank you.

OLIVIER CREPIN-LEBLOND: Yes, thank you for this, Silvia. Olivier Crepin-Leblond speaking. Please let's start listing those activities on that Wiki page. I think the information booth is very good, but obviously we would need to have those EURALO brochures printed and available there. But we have plenty of time to prepare that.

The discussion with Jean-Jacques Sahel, as to what they are planning, obviously, it has now been quite a regular occurrence that we've had joint events with the regional Vice President, all of the RALOs, and we have had in the past joint events that Jean-Jacques was running. So, we will certainly be speaking to him about things, plus of course, everything else that Heidi has mentioned earlier. Heidi, you've put your hand up, so I'll turn over to you again.

HEIDI ULLRICH: Yes, and then I also see Sebastien with his hand raised. This is Heidi, thank you, Olivier. One other idea, and I know that they've been very successful during GAs, but you can still work with them, they were successful in AFRALO and APRALO and that was a Capacity Building Sessions that are during lunchtime for the most part, and they bring people in that are European, whether they're At-Large or whether they're interested people, there would be capacity building sessions on



---

At-Large, and particularly EURALO. So that's something that you may wish to consider, that would be something truly European in EURALO. Thank you.

OLIVIER CREPIN-LEBLOND: Yes, thanks Heidi, and I'm sorry, I didn't hear who you were talking about?

HEIDI ULLRICH: Sorry, this is the idea of having a Capacity Building session during lunchtime, maybe one or two, or a little bit more.

OLIVIER CREPIN-LEBLOND: Ah, okay.

HEIDI ULLRICH: This would be something that all of you could produce and it would be open to either any members of At-Large EURALO that are there, or people who are interested in learning more at At-Large, and they were very successful. Go ahead.

OLIVIER CREPIN-LEBLOND: Thanks for this Heidi, that's an excellent idea. It's Olivier speaking. Let's have this, and let's please do this in concert with our Capacity Building working group and the outreach and engagement working group. I think that we have to put our heads together, and it's good to also have suggestions from other parts of the world where they have done this,

---

and we can then learn from their mistakes and also from their successes, as well. Sebastien Bachollet?

SEBASTIEN BACHOLLET: Thank you, Olivier. Sebastien Bachollet speaking. One year ago, a year before the Copenhagen meeting, a successful outreach was done at Marrakesh at the university. We wanted to do the same when were planning both for Puerto Rico and for Panama, but both were moved, and when we came to Helsinki, unfortunately it was during the Midsummer Feast, and then nothing was open, and difficult to reach out. But in Copenhagen, I think that we might try to find either a city where we can have some treats and as the city is a green city, we don't need to set up any bus or car, and just take bicycles. Thank you.

OLIVIER CREPIN-LEBLOND: Thanks for the suggestion, Sebastien. Olivier Crepin-Leblond speaking. Just a question for you, since you were the Chair of the meeting strategy working group that set up these meetings, A, B, and C, this is the first meeting of the year, was this meeting earmarked for outreach as well? Because if I recall correctly, and I might be wrong, by the way, I thought it was the second meeting of the year that was earmarked for outreach.

SEBASTIEN BACHOLLET: Thank you, Olivier. Sebastien Bachollet speaking. Yes, you are right. But it happened that when it was the second meeting, it was not possible to do any outreach and in the A meeting some outreach was done. I will say that a lot of things that meeting strategy proposed were

---

accepted even, didn't take place. It's just an idea if we want to something, but please, don't organize just a get together with so called civil society and At-Large just for the sake to have a drink. If we want to so something, we really need to get out of our own area of comfort. If not, we will end up with the same people talking to the same people, and that's not what we would like to do in general, and in this meeting in particular. Thank you.

OLIVIER CREPIN-LEBLOND: Thank you, Sebastien. Olivier Crepin-Leblond speaking, and I note that Yrjo Lansipuro mentioned in the chat that there are no ALSes in no other countries except ICANN Finland, so the Copenhagen meeting is an opportunity in that sense too. Heidi has also drafted something on the chat, but Heidi, you've got your hand up, so I give you the privilege to say what you wanted to say.

HEIDI ULLRICH: Yes, thank you, Olivier. So, Sebastien, I think you're right about that outreach can happen at other meetings besides Meeting B. I know that we had outreach to the academic organizations in Hyderabad, we had them, I believe, as you said, Marrakesh, and I think the Helsinki issue was different because of the timing, but I think that we could work definitely with Adam, who works on getting academic organizations interested. So that's something we could definite work with.

---

OLIVIER CREPIN-LEBLOND: Okay, thanks for this, Heidi. It's Olivier speaking. Okay, we've got a Wiki page now. We certainly have a few ideas that have been put forward. May I suggest that we start a little task force that can focus on these things? We can work with the outreach and engagement working group, we can work with the capacity building working group, and all we need is just a handful of people in EURALO to sort of steer the ship, and we'll get, I'm sure, a lot of help from the other RALOs on this.

I don't know if we need a meeting list or something, but we have done such things in the past, so maybe something can be organized very quickly, and I would hope that some of you can volunteer for this, certainly those people that have taken part in the discussion, and trust me, it's not very much work, if you're concerned about work, this is a case where there are a lot of people involved and organizing it isn't really too hard, and we do have staff support for logistics and things. So it really is down to having good ideas and making sure that they actually get done at the end of the day.

So, we have Olivier, Wolf, Yrjo, I don't know if anybody else wishes to volunteer here on the call. A little bit of silence always helps, but perhaps not on this call. But anyway, I see Wolf also has put a little green text, to Wolf can also be on this small task force. Anyway, if you decide later on, then please, I see Erich Schweighofer also wants to be on this small task force. Excellent, if you change your mind, anybody that hasn't put their hand up, if you change your mind afterwards, then please just send a note to staff, and then you can be added to this. Wolf Ludwig you have your hand up and you have the floor.

---

WOLF LUDWIG: I tried to unmute myself, can you hear me?

OLIVIER CREPIN-LEBLOND: Yes, we can hear you now.

WOLF LUDWIG: Okay, it's Wolf Ludwig [inaudible]. I made a little bit nasty comment in the chat regarding outreach activities. Basically, I can support what Sebastien has said. We should try to get out of our silo and not to reach out to convince or to the community we know already, but try to make something comparable perhaps to Marrakesh. I see a big difference between universities like Marrakesh and Copenhagen, but I don't know whether somebody like Erich who may be in a lot of academic networks or scientific groups, et cetera, whether he has any contacts in Copenhagen.

So we should try by the angle of Adam Peake who has some contacts, as Heidi already mentioned, and via Erich, et cetera, or any other academics. Wolfgang Kleinwachter, by the way, he was a professor for many years in Aarhus, which is a Danish university, and perhaps Wolfgang still has some contacts from the time when he was still teaching in Denmark, and I think by verification and selection of such contacts, we could draft some ideas and approaches and could come up with proposal to make something reasonable in Copenhagen. Thanks.

OLIVIER CREPIN-LEBLOND: Thanks very much, Wolf. Olivier Crepin-Leblond speaking. I'm quite shocked that you read my mind. I did think about Wolfgang as well,

---

remembering his email address which was University of Aarhus. Let's have two action items, please, that we get in touch with Adam Peake, I can certainly get in touch with Adam Peake, and with regards to getting in touch with Wolfgang, Wolf to you want to do this, can you follow up with Wolfgang?

WOLF LUDWIG:

Yes, if you want me, I can follow up with Wolfgang, as well.

OLIVIER CREPIN-LEBLOND:

That would be great, thanks. Okay, well, I don't want to spend the whole call on preparing for Copenhagen, but it's good that we're getting the ball rolling, and let's get that little group together on a meeting list or something, as soon as we can. Let's then move on in our addenda today.

Let's go to the next agenda item, and that is the update on the proposal for a memorandum of understanding between EURALO and RIPE. Now, so far some of the other region at large organizations have signed a memorandum of understanding which is not much more than just collaboration between the regional internet registry and the regional At-Large organization.

In some cases, this has crystallized into a fellowship for someone to come and go to a regional internet registry meeting in person, attend the meeting, perhaps perform some outreach over there, learn things, and also bring some end user input into the regional internet registry discussions.

In other cases, it has come to the ability -- and I think NARALO is the one that is doing this -- where the regional internet registry is providing NARALO with the location for them to do their general assembly, since next year there will not be an ICANN meeting in North America.

So, in Europe we have not done such a memorandum of understanding. So far, APRALO has had one, NARALIO has had one, I was on a call the other day and was told that LACRALO is still working hard on a memorandum of understanding with LACNIC and AFRALO has an MOU signed with AFRINIC and they have done common activities.

In Europe, EURALO is collaborating with other organizations in Europe through EuroDIG, but there is no direct link or direct MOU between EURALO and RIPE, and during the past few times when I have met Chris Buckridge from RIPE NCC, we discussed informally the idea of having an MOU between EURALO and RIPE, perhaps to even be able to send some people to a RIPE meeting. Because at the end the day, the regional internet registry works with the address supporting organization and that is part of ICANN, as well, and At-Large, of course, works not only on generic top level domains and country codes, and all this, but also on the IP addressing, as well.

So the discussions, we're still in very early stage. What I have done so far is to send the examples of MOUs that have been signed by NARALO, AFRALO, and APRALO to Chris Buckridge, and he is now working in RIPE on this and they will come back to us with a proposal, hopefully quite soon, perhaps early next year, and then I will be able to provide you with further details of what their proposal is, the aim being that we could do a signing ceremony, whatever that means, over at the

---

---

Copenhagen meeting, which would provide us with the start of a good relationship with our European neighbors.

And of course, we could always try, from there, maybe once we have that MOU with RIPE, we could also look at MOUs with other organizations, but certainly thinking of the Council of European Registrars, there are some other organizations that deal with things in sort of the same space as EURALO.

Anyway, the whole idea is to get the ball rolling with one, and see what happens, and see what we can get out of it, and of course, what we can provide them with. Are there any questions or comments on this? I don't see anyone putting their hand up, so we can then move to the next agenda item, and that is our update on the task force and At-Large structure engagement. Yrjo Lansipuro is the Chair of that task force, so Yrjo, it's over to you.

YRJO LANSIPURO:

Thank you, Olivier. This is Yrjo Lansipuro. What you see on the screen right now are the members of this task force, and I have asked the staff to set up a Google so that we can get this task force together. Since the holiday season is beginning, I suggested that we would look at week 3 of the new year.

Before that, I hope that all the members study the compilation of various areas of expertise available at the ALSs that is on the Wiki page. What I plan to do is that I sort of turned the table around so that when you look at the certain type of expertise, you can just get a list of those



---

ALSs and eventually names that we could turn to when we prepare the advice for this development. Thank you.

OLIVIER CREPIN-LEBLOND: Thank you very much, Yrjo. Olivier Crepin-Leblond speaking. Any comments on what Yrjo has provided us with so far? I don't see anyone putting their hand up. Looking forward to the call and to performing the analysis of the input that we have received. It should be quite interesting. If anybody is interested in taking part in this task force, please just drop a note to Yrjo or to Staff, if you don't know Yrjo's email address. Well, I can see that most of the people on this are on the task force already, so I might be just preaching or asking the members to join already.

I don't see anyone hands up, so we can go to the next agenda item, and that is the EURALO individuals association. As you know, this is the organization that takes the membership for individual users in our region and Jean-Jeaques Subrenat is the EURALO Individual User Association Chair. So, over to you Jean-Jeaques for an update.

JEAN-JEACQUES SUBRENAT: Thank you, Olivier. This is Jean-Jeaques speaking. So, a few words about the EURALO Individual User Association. Now it has been working for a bit more than a year at a normal pace, I think we have close to 30 members now, which isn't bad, considering the type of other involvement that most of our members have in other parts of ICANN or even outside of ICANN. Since we last talked about this at EURALO monthly meeting, I'd like to simply point out that we have not had great

---

success, that's the least I can say, about responses to the call for opinion that we had sent out in the summer of 2016 regarding a host of questions.

One of them was "You are a member of this association, what do you expect from it?" And things such as "What do you think about the membership, do you see any necessary changes with the bylaws, what are some of the actions you would like us to undertake with you in the coming months, and especially 2017," et cetera.

And I must report, sadly, that out of all the emails sent to all the members, I received I think it was 3 or 4 replies, of which some came from people who are on this call this evening. So, that was not very promising and I thought it might be either the way the questions were put, or more likely the fact that the presentation of the questions was not professional enough.

And that is why in the previous EURALO meeting I put the question to EURALO support staff about the possibility for staff to help us launch such an enquiry, and the answer was given by Silvia, saying that yes, it can be envisaged through EURALO, provided that we accept the use of certain software which I didn't know about, and which is now in current use by ICANN staff.

So, as a result of this, I am thinking of submitting to my colleagues of the EURALO Individuals Association board the idea of reformulating these questions and sending them to EURALO support staff to see if staff could send out an enquiry that is in the proper shape, because I must say that I have done it entirely on an individual basis with the very

---

little knowledge I have of this kind of work. And that's about all I have to report for what was done.

Now, for the future, I would like to remind, especially the EURALO Board members, of a suggestion which we had brought up in a previous meeting, which was that we could envisage in 2017 a joint action, perhaps an online webinar or something, which would, of course, reinforce both EURALO and the individual users association, by giving more visibility and also a wider platform which could be used for our various members to express their views. But have not, for the time being any specific suggestions to make to you. That's all I have to report.

OLIVIER CREPIN-LEBLOND: Thank you very much, Jean-Jacques. Olivier Crepin-Leblond speaking. I was going to turn to Heidi and Silvia, who were on the previous call, and find out whether they had received any further details or had looked at what could be brought in from a staff perspective regarding this survey.

SILVIA VIVANCO: Hello Olivier, this is Silvia. Regarding the survey -- [AUDIO BREAK]

SILVIA VIVANCO: Hello? Hello?

---

OLIVIER CREPIN-LEBLOND: Yes, go ahead.

HEIDI ULLRICH: Go ahead.

SILVIA VIVANCO: Okay, there is a slight delay, I'm sorry about that, I started speaking about the survey. As I mentioned in the last call with the individual users, Jean-Jacques had requested support to run a survey, and the staff is working with a tool called ClickTools, which is the ICANN tool to run all our surveys, so we will be happy to provide you the support to run the survey using that tool, but of course you are free to use whatever other survey you would like. In that case, if you use another type of tool, then the EURALO member will need to run his own survey. So that's basically it.

OLIVIER CREPIN-LEBLOND: Thanks for this Silvia, that's very helpful, and I note that you've put that in the action items, for Jean-Jacques Subrenat to work on a survey and send it to EURALO leaders requesting staff support to run those surveys. I think that's fine. Jean-Jacques, you're okay with this? Have we lost Jean-Jacques Subrenat now? "Yes, Silvia, understood, okay," says Jean-Jacques in the chat. Alright, perfect, then, thank you for this update. Are there any questions or comments regarding the EURALO individual association that you wish to ask Jean-Jacques Subrenat? Anybody?

---

So I will just share one thing. I was at the IGF in Guadalajara, in fact I'll provide a quick update immediately after this topic, but I did have a chat with Roberto Gaitano on the involvement of EURALO individuals in more policy work, and what I have told him was that there needs to be constant followup and animation of discussions, maybe pointing at specific topics that could be of interest to individual users.

I don't know, Jean-Jeacques, what your policy is when it comes up to inviting people to the EURALO monthly call, but certainly relaying the review of the upcoming public consultation is something that might generate some interest in individual users, and I have spoken to some individual users. There are some confusions as to what they are allowed to do, what they're not allowed to do.

It is funny, we live in a world where people are mostly not allowed to do things, there are barriers, they can't do this, they can't do that, and so they think that then they are not allowed to do all sorts of things, or to take part in At-Large working groups, or to take part in the conference calls, and really, we constantly have to remind everyone that all our calls are open. So, anyway, Jean-Jeacques Subrenat.

JEAN-JEACQUES SUBRENAT: Yes, this is Jean-Jeacques speaking. Thank you Olivier for that remark, and I agree with that. What we will do is that I will present to my colleagues at the individual users association board what we can do to answer your questions. One is to invite or to encourage people to attend the monthly EURALO calls, and other would be to participate in the policy work.

---

Now, on the second point, which is the policy work, in other words, this is related directly to the working group chaired by Yrjo. I had already sent out a message to our membership and there has been no response for the time being. So after the new year, I think it will time to do that again, and we will dovetail that with my own participation in Yrjo's working group, where I will represent the views of our members. Thank you.

OLIVIER CREPIN-LEBLOND: Thank you, Jean-Jeacques for this. It's Olivier speaking. I was just going to add also that this is really valid for all At-Large structures. I gather that the people on this call are the At-Large structure representatives for voting purposes, but when it comes down to being involved in EURALO working groups or in fact being involved in At-Large working groups, anyone can take part. So if you have people in your At-Large structure that are interested in taking part, it's a big green light, that you can encourage them to join some of the At-Large working groups, or even respond to the public comments, requests, et cetera.

I think we need to move on. The next thing on our agenda is the Guadalajara IGF update. So, I spent the whole week a couple weeks ago in Guadalajara, again, another very, very busy internet forum. There were hundreds of workshops, main sessions, and I do know that a number of people were in Guadalajara from this region, I can certainly see a couple more on this call, so if they wish to add their insight for the whole week. EURALO did not have a pull from this region, we were funded by other means. Some were self funding, as well.

The discussions which took place went from anything between internet development for the next billion people, to matters of free speech, matters of connectivity, technical, nontechnical, human rights, surveillance. There was a lot of cyber security as well, and of course, there was some on domain names and on ICANN related matters, including the ones that you can see currently being displayed on the agenda. We actually had a page which was showing the sessions which were somehow either ICANN or At-Large organized events.

Unfortunately, I think that we counted a couple of people from other RALOs and I counted that altogether there must have been 20 to 30 people from the At-Large community in Guadalajara, but we never actually found the time to meet up as a group or to perhaps do a little session, or to coordinate our activities, and I think that this could be one of the lessons learned, that we would need to look at for next year. It's not because people are not funded by ICANN to go to the internet governance forum, that we actually will not have anybody from our community there. We had, as I said, between 20 and 30 people there. So more coordination needed for next year.

On the hot topics for IGF this year, as I said, cyber security was very important. The interesting thing is that the IGF will take place in our region, it will take place in Geneva. So it would be perhaps a good idea if we were to submit for a workshop at the next IGF, since it is happening in our region, and while we would certainly keep the costs low. In fact, looking at the history of workshops that were somehow funded by ICANN, there has always been a preference for those people that were in the region itself.

---

---

So, for example in the Latin America and Caribbean region, there were a number of workshops that had funding from ICANN, but did not come from our community, but other parts of ICANN and that were funded because they involved local people. And perhaps we should look at this for Geneva next year. The request for extra funds, the process will start very soon. We might be talking about this in a moment, so please start putting your heads together for this, specific topics that you would like to propose for the next IGF. That's my quick update. Sandra actually was in Guadalajara, you might have any additional thoughts on this?

LEON SANCHEZ: Olivier, this is Leon, can I be placed in the queue, please?

SANDRA HOFERICHTER: Hello, [crosstalk] speaking?

OLIVIER CREPIN-LEBLOND: Yes, Sandra, sorry. Someone else wanted to speak, and they'll speak after you. So Sandra, please, you have the floor. Sandra Hoferichter.

SANDRA HOFERICHTER: I would like to add that special attention during this year's IGF was given to the role of the national and regional IGFs, and this was in particular my field of interest, because as coordinator of the EuroDIG, I was contributing and participating in all these activities.



---

I think if we are looking back 10 years from today, it was the 11th meeting, then we could really notice that NRIs, national regional IGFs are now seen as the key contributors to the IGF process, although they are an independent structure and not under the US auspice, like the global IGF, and I think this is really a great step forward, in terms of making the global IGF truly a greater process, because these are the NRIs which are doing a great work on the ground and brining the topics truly from the national to the regional and to the global perspective.

So this was actually the point I was most delighted, and I was following. Again, we should be aware that we have the biggest concentration of national region IGFs in Europe and I really think in terms of internet governance, Europe plays a major role in this field. Thank you very much.

OLIVIER CREPIN-LEBLOND: Thanks very much for this, Sandra. That's a very good point which you have made. The United Nations is usually seen as being top down on many occasions, but when it comes down to national and regional internet governance forum, there has been such a push and such a self organization of these regional and national initiatives, that we really are looking at a very good network, a bottom up network that goes from the country to the region, to the IGF itself.

I don't know whether we have anyone from our region and from many of our At-Large structures that would be on the Multistakeholder Advisory Group this forthcoming year. I know that nominations were up until last week for various parts of the community, and it will be

---

interesting to see who gets elected, and perhaps we do have somebody who has applied for the MAG. I was thinking of applying, but I have such a workload, that I could not proceed forward with an application.

I don't know if anybody else on the call here has. Yes, Leon Sanchez, welcome. Please, go ahead, you have the floor Leon, and you were in Guadalajara, because you're Mexican, you were in the country, itself.

LEON SANCHEZ:

Thank you very much, Olivier. This is Leon Sanchez. As you know, I was closely advising the Mexican team and the organization, so I would like to thank everyone that attended or participated remotely. I think it was successful, again, but we are also looking forward to having feedback from the participants as to what went wrong, what went right, and of course, any way that we could improve the next event that could be hosted in Mexico. We very much appreciate any feedback you can provide.

Also, on the side of the discussions, I saw a trend growing, and this relates to how the Multistakeholder model can be imported to other activities or other forums. For example, there was a discussion in which we were analyzing whether the Multistakeholder model could become into trade negotiations. As we know, there have been several trade agreements negotiated that of course have a wide impact and sometimes the ones that have the least voice, those negotiations are end users themselves.

So it might be a trend growing, as I said, and I would suggest that we keep an eye on this trend, see how the At-Large community positively

---

drive discussion towards benefitting the end user. That will be my comment, Olivier, and thank you very much for allowing me to speak to you.

OLIVIER CREPIN-LEBLOND: Thanks very much Leon for this, and in fact – it's Olivier speaking – in fact, there was an ICANN session that dealt with this. It looked at cross community working group and accountability processes and looked at whether the work that was done there could be replicated. In fact, one of the ICANN board members, [inaudible] was very positive about this and said, yes, it needs to be, we could apply to pretty much any big worldwide negotiation on this things.

I spoke afterwards to Wolfgang Kleinwachter on these issues, and he was a little more measured on this, thinking yes, ultimately it would be a good thing, but we have to take baby steps forward so as not to scare the life out of those stakeholders that are currently conducting the negotiations, and I gather that was probably the governments, and I guess asking a number of people, this seems to be the general consensus, that steps have to be taken one at a time and trying to just walk before running, so as not to actually face pushback from other communities out there. But it is an exciting time. Thanks for pointing this out. I don't see any other hands up, so we can move on.

We have another 15 minutes until the end of this call, so let's get going with the next thing, and that is the internet of things. I'm going to be very quick on this. As you know, the internet of things is one of these huge issues out there. It was one of the big topics in Guadalajara. In

---

fact, when it came down to cyber security, we spoke about internet of things, when it comes down to privacy, we spoke about internet of things, when it comes down to core internet values, the internet of things came up. In fact pretty much it was the internet of stupid things that somebody coined at the IGF, for the internet of useless things, as well.

But at the end of the day, one of the big issues is to do with addressing those things, and I just wanted to mention that there could a discussion happening at ICANN as to whether the internet of things has to do with ICANN's remit, or not. Currently there is a proposal in the international telecommunication union to adopt a system called a digital object network architecture, it is a system that was designed by Bob Kahn, the colleague of Vinton Cerf, back in the day when they invented TCP/IP. It's a very centralized system with a centralized database. Is this a good addressing scheme or are there other addressing schemes including the DNS, why not, that would be more suitable. This discussion might soon arrive at ICANN.

So this was just to give you a heads up on another interesting or potentially interesting topic that might arrive on our desks very soon. I don't see any hands up, let's move on then to EURALO participation in the ICANN academy leadership program. Sandra Hoferichter is on the call, and therefore you have the floor, Sandra.

SANDRA HOFERICHTER: Hello, it's Sandra speaking again. First of all, I would take the opportunity and thank you for a really, really gorgeous staff, in

particular Heidi and Silvia, and I don't know exactly who is working in the background, but they are really doing great work and a lot of work by the end of the year now.

With our leadership program in 2016, because in 2015 we decided to move it from now called C meeting to the first meeting of the year, so it will take place in Copenhagen and we will more or less follow the program and the structure and everything from the last program. On the picture, with that you can just see that from our RALO Yrjo Lansipuro was participating, and you might ask him about his experiences.

But then we also had a new program designed, because after this leadership program in Dublin offered by the facilitator, it would make a lot of sense to follow up on this leadership program with more in depth training and skills, because it turns out that many meetings are not so effective, if better chairing skills would be in place [AUDIO BREAK].

So what we did over the year, there was not much activity in the working group as such, but we developed among a small group of people, a program which is now called Chairing Skills Program, and the acronym is CSP [AUDIO BREAK] And the call is also launched and those calls for the leadership problem and the sharing skills program, they finish today, and we reached out to all communities during the ICANN meeting in Hyderabad, really positive, not surprised, but it's really a good time of engagement by the community that we receive applications or registrations from almost all stakeholder groups and advisory committees.

---

---

From some of the groups we even had multiple registrations, so that we have to go back to them and ask them whom they want to actually support, because the seats for each group are quite limited. So I'm really looking very much forward to the next edition. The CSP program will start in January and we will first have a training about telephonic skills, because we believe it is different if your chair is meeting over the phone, over Adobe Connect, or if you do it face to face. After this, we will also offer a face to face sharing. [AUDIO BREAK]

OLIVIER CREPIN-LEBLOND: I think we might have lost Sandra for a few seconds. Sandra?

SANDRA HOFERICHTER: Coaches will come both from the [AUDIO BREAK] community and from external –

OLIVIER CREPIN-LEBLOND: Oh, dear! Sandra, I think you're breaking up. [AUDIO BREAK]

SANDRA HOFERICHTER: We believe that this program could have the potential [AUDIO BREAK]

OLIVIER CREPIN-LEBLOND: Sandra you are breaking up.

SANDRA HOFERICHTER: -- this program [AUDIO BREAK]

---

OLIVIER CREPIN-LEBLOND: Okay, I think that we've lost Sandra on this. Sandra is on Adobe Connect only, and I don't think we have time to get a dial out over to her, but Sandra, I hope that you can hear us, you were breaking up towards the end of your description of the leadership program. But you've done a marvelous job in designing this, it's been such a success for new leaders, and it no doubt is going to be an excellent addition for this year. Now the leadership program, it's funny, actually I'm looking at the page and past the first page immediately we go into acronyms, it becomes the LP already, goodness.

But if I understand correctly, there was a request for one of our recently selected leaders to be able to take part in this program, and I shared this with the EURALO board, the meeting was with all of the leaders there and Andrei Kolesnikov was suggested as being the person who will benefit from this, as he has been in ICANN for a while, so he has experience that he can share with other people, but he is also quite new to the At-Large community, so he's both got the potential to learn and the potential to teach other people and share his experiences.

Are you still there Sandra? Is there anything else you wanted to add? No, okay, so then let's move on. So thanks very much for this and we look forward to see the continued success of the leadership program and the chairing skills program.

Finally, number 11. Fiscal year 18 additional budget request process, that's being launched. Heidi, you have 3 minutes.

---

HEIDI ULLRICH:

Yes, thank you very much, Olivier, I'll be brief. It's that time of year again, in addition to the holidays, we have the launch of the ICANN Fiscal Year 18 Additional Budget process. The workspace is now up for At-Large and Silvia, if you please put that into the chat, we're going to put that in the display, as well.

As you know, these are proposals for additional funding for At-Large projects. On this workspace you will see that there are ALAC criteria for additional budget requests, and now importantly, as you go down the workspace, there are also documents from finance including details on requests from finance. Please do make yourself aware of those, some important criteria you need to be aware of before completing the template.

On this document as well, under the information from finance, are the templates that you have to use to request these proposals. Now, for At-Large, you will know that needs to go through a process, and that includes going through RALO and then through the finance budget subcommittee. We ask that you do not submit any requests directly to the controller, that it does need to go through your RALO, and then through to the FESC.

Key dates are the 30th of January, that is the end of the submission period, and again, during that time there is a lot of activity within At-Large, but just make yourself aware of the details, of the timing, and we will be sending out an announcement with those details on them.

Then sometime between May 15th and May 31st, the ICANN board will be reviewing them, finally, and will be approving them during the May



---

board meeting. And they start the 1st of July, the beginning of fiscal year 18. Thank you very much.

OLIVIER CREPIN-LEBLOND: Thank you very much Heidi for this. And just looking at that Wiki page, may I suggest that the start dates and end dates follow international format, rather than US format? I looked at this and I think we usually in At-Large use the international format, and on this occasion I was completely confused by looking at 12/15, I didn't know there were 15 months in the year, but quickly came back to my senses.

HEIDI ULLRICH: Okay, yes, this is Heidi. Yes, actually, I did consider that, but I took the shortcut of using most of the dates that Finance provided. But yes, we will change that on the At-Large page.

OLIVIER CREPIN-LEBLOND: Maybe it's something that – it's Olivier speaking – maybe it's something that we should tell Finance, you know, that we're not just a US organization, and they might wish to be sensitized to this fact, it could be helpful. It does induce confusion to a lot of people. This is somehow related to the item that Sebastien wanted to also bring forward, which has to do with having representatives on various committees.

But on this item, I just wanted to mention, of course, the fact that we've got the IGF going on in this region, we might wish to submit something. I could either be a proposal for a workshop, or we could even think of going further than that, and do what some of the other communities

---

are doing, which is to ask for maybe a Day Zero event. This is the day before the official start of the internet governance forum, and have something that goes a little further than just having a 1-1/2 hour workshop.

We have until our next EURALO call to think about this, so please think about ideas about what we could ask for in this process, and first have a look at what can be and what can't be done. If it's just sending a couple of people to a meeting somewhere, then we use the community regional outreach pilot program, we are not using this additional budget request.

Anyway, I note that we have a couple minutes left until the end of this call, and we do have a hard stop. That's just the starting point, we now go to any other business. And Sebastien, you have any other business to bring forward?

SEBASTIEN BACHOLLET:

Yes, thank you, Olivier. Sebastien Bachollet speaking. But in fact, you already raised the issue, who will be from RALO ALAC member from Europe in the finance and budget subcommittee. For the ALAC members, we would like you to consider Andrei Kolesnikov to be the one among our three ALAC members, and I hope that somebody from the RALO could be also nominated, as I decide that today is the deadline for submitting the name for membership. Thank you.

---

OLIVIER CREPIN-LEBLOND: Thank you very much Sebastien. Olivier Crepin-Leblond speaking. I'm looking at last year's finance and budget subcommittee, so last year the ALAC member was Sebastien Bachollet, so this year you've suggested that it is Andrei Kolesnikov. The EURALO member was me, and it might be interesting to have some turnover.

I wonder, though, is it just Chair and Secretariat or Chair and Vice Chair that are eligible for this? And I'm turning this question over the staff, because I do not know, or it is possible to have someone from the EURALO board to go on this finance and budget subcommittee.

HEIDI ULLRICH: Hi, this is Heidi. I'm going to double check, but I believe that the RALO person can come from anywhere within the region, so you have flexibility there.

OLIVIER CREPIN-LEBLOND: Ah, okay, so that's interesting. Okay, then let's just have an action item, please, to ask for volunteers for this position, and then the EURALO board will be discussing this and will be choosing someone. This is one of those things where it's not a selection process that needs an election as such, but it is a position that requires both time and also knowledge of accounting and putting together finance proposals.

It is very important that we have someone who's qualified for these things, because without money, as they say in French, "L'argent est le nerf de la guerre." Money is the nerve or the backbone of war. In fact, if we do not manage to have a good finance and budget subcommittee,

---

then we are going to have trouble financing any additional work that we need to go, including also the involvement in the community regional outreach pilot program. Sebastien Bachollet?

SEBASTIEN BACHOLLET: Yes, thank you very much, Olivier. Sebastien Bachollet speaking. I hope that the money will go for the backbone of peace, and not war, except that I do hope that we will go quickly for choosing somebody from the RALO, because we were supposed to give the name for two days, and as you said, I was member of this committee last year and I have assured Andrei that I will help him to get up to speed on this committee. I would like the staff if there is other committee, we need a quick answer to members designated by the RALO. Thank you.

SILVIA VIVANCO: Thank you Sebastien, noted. We also have Alan on the call, who you might know, as well.

OLIVIER CREPIN-LEBLOND: It's Olivier Crepin-Leblond speaking. I think Alan might have left, already, as he is preparing for the next call, which will be the ALAC call. Please get back to us on this, Heidi, maybe in the next half hour or something, if you can just check if there's anything that I've missed as far as selections and appointments are concerned. But I think that we're good. And with this, any other business?

---

HEIDI ULLRICH: Olivier, this is Heidi, if I may?

OLIVIER CREPIN-LEBLOND: Go ahead Heidi, you have the floor.

HEIDI ULLRICH: I'm just reading that the members the distinction here and the criteria, it says one ALAC member to be selected by the region's ALAC members, and then under one member representing the RALO, this will normally be a RALO Chair, Vice Chair, or Secretariat, and RALO may choose someone else to be their official representative, as long as that person is both involved in the selection and preparation of that region's budget request. So, it looks like for the ALAC it needs to be an ALAC person, and for the RALO slot it can be anyone from the region.

OLIVIER CREPIN-LEBLOND: Thanks for your confirmation on this, that's great. So we can just launch the process quickly. A quick note to the mailing list, and then we'll get the URALO board to look at the various people. Basically, I'll ask that people just send in what their knowledge is of any financial knowledge and accounting.

Right, we are 4 minutes late beyond the end of this call, so I would like to thank you all for this exceptionally long call today. Hopefully next year the next call will only be 60 minutes, but there were so many things to catch up on, I hope it was enjoyable for you.

---

Please, if you want to discuss things during the call, you may send an email to the list, making suggestions for topics, and then we could certainly not only discuss this during the call, but I'm also seeing that some of the other RALOs are having invited speakers to speak on a specific topic. That certainly improves the quality of the call, because there certainly is content and people learn things on the call, as well. So if you have any suggested topics, please send this over to the mailing list.

And for all of you, have a really great end of 2016, and an even better 2017. Have a bit of rest, as well, it's been a very busy year, and I hope to see you in the next year. Happy Holidays everyone, this call is now adjourned. Thank you again for your participation in 2016. Good bye.

HEIDI ULLRICH: Thanks everyone, happy holidays.

SILVIA VIVANCO: Thank you everyone, happy holidays. This meeting is now adjourned, so you will now be disconnected. Have a lovely rest of the day and happy holidays. Bye-bye.

**[END OF TRANSCRIPTION]**