
YEŞİM NAZLAR:

Good morning, good afternoon, and good evening to everyone. Welcome to APRALO ICANN 57 activities call, taking place on Wednesday, 19th of October 2016 at 04:00 UTC.

On the call today we have Satish Babu, Cheryl Langdon-Orr, Maureen Hilyard, Kaili Kan, and Pavan Budhrani.

We haven't received any apologies for today's call.

And from staff we have Heidi Ullrich, Siranush Vardanyan, Kelvin Wong, Silvia Vivanco, Gisella Gruber, and myself, Yeşim Nazlar.

Finally, I would like to remind everyone to state their names before speaking for transcript purposes. And over to you Satish, thank you very much.

SATISH BABU:

Thank you Yeşim. Satish for the record. Welcome to the call, good morning, good afternoon, good evening. This is another one in the series of calls in the ICANN 57 activities. I think we are nearly there. Most of the things are under control, including the budget. And thanks to everyone who has gone out of their way to help out.

It has been a combined effort, and I would like to thank everybody on the onset. The first agenda item today is the budget update. Gisella, it's over to you.

Note: The following is the output resulting from transcribing an audio file into a word/text document. Although the transcription is largely accurate, in some cases may be incomplete or inaccurate due to inaudible passages and grammatical corrections. It is posted as an aid to the original audio file, but should not be treated as an authoritative record.

GISELLA GRUBER:

Satish, thank you very much. Gisella here for the record. With regards to the budget, I'm just trying to get into the Adobe Connect room. I'm not able to connect, so I'll be in very shortly. There hasn't been an update to the budget.

We have added your 500 US dollars, which we thank you for, and sorry. If we could maybe just go to the next agenda item [inaudible] in the Adobe Connect room, it's not letting me connect. I will be with you shortly.

SATISH BABU:

No problem. No problem. The next item agenda item is also yours, so we will skip through that and go straight to the showcase agenda. We have [inaudible] the speeches and the length of the speeches, and who is all going to speak. And we consensus of start right now, and we have the agenda now on our screens.

I'm not going to read through it, but are there any comments on this right now? About the speeches? Welcome from me, it's a couple of minutes. Then [inaudible] going to speak for three minutes. Alan for three minutes. Rinalia for three minutes. The sponsors for three minutes each, that's nine minutes. That's a lot of time, so we can discuss about that. Then to [inaudible] if we, I don't need five meets, I think.

Then the reception and then the closing. This is pretty good right now. And Maureen says, [inaudible], I'm okay with [inaudible]. I have one comment on the, when Gisella comes back with the budget. There is a

link to this, but otherwise, it looks fine to me. Maureen, you have your hand up so please go ahead.

MAUREEN HILYARD:

Thank you. I just wanted to mention, or to ask this about the sponsors. And I guess, Holly, yes, Holly has just arrived. If all of the sponsors have actually, sort of like, responded about whether they actually going to speak. Although, with like dot Asia, for example, I do know that they're bringing along [inaudible], and [inaudible] is the mascot for dot Asia, and represents dot Asia sponsorship of saving the tigers in Asia.

And I have invited [inaudible] to participate in our... other work, and the community that is being done by one of our sponsors, anyway. So I just wanted to mention that. Thank you.

SATISH BABU:

Thanks Maureen. It's good to have [inaudible]. We had [inaudible]... good to have [inaudible] with us. I think it's over to Heidi and then to Cheryl and then to Sylvia. Heidi, please.

HEIDI ULLRICH:

Yeah, thank you very much Satish. Just a couple of comments. I thought that we had said that we would have Rinalia and Alan speak together, and that would save some time. And if not, then I would think that Rinalia would need to go first, and then Alan. That's my first comment.

Second comment would be that I believe Adam, who is going to be a little late to this call, mentioned last time that he thought that the Civil Society groups, NCSG, NCUC, and NPOC, would just want to say a few words, or did you, Satish, did you say that you are going to basically just thank them and then allow them a few minutes? Was that the plan?

SATISH BABU:

I will respond to the second part of the question. I think the acknowledgment, I do not need five minutes. Maybe Adam can also chip in there [inaudible] maybe. But we will depend on this after listening to all of the comments. Heidi, is that all from you?

HEIDI ULLRICH:

No, just one thing. I wonder if those people, Pavan, perhaps you should take care of this for dot Asia, and maybe Cheryl and Holly for the Australian registry, and the logos. Would you like to have the logos on the website that's going to be announcing this showcase? That's something that [CROSSTALK] and then... [CROSSTALK]

...goes, then we can have Ariel set up a page, or even Yeşim who now knows how to set up pages, create the showcase page. Thank you.

SATISH BABU:

Thanks Heidi. So we will, I think the logo is a good idea. We'll go ahead with that. Cheryl, please.

CHERYL LANGDON-ORR: Thank you Satish. Cheryl for the record. And following on from Heidi's actually, she's picked up on a couple of things that I sort of rolled about. I think we need to shuffle the order here so any interaction, acknowledgement or otherwise, of the Civil Society groups should be at the top. So I would be putting that amongst the welcome and introductions.

I also would, I have said what Heidi said, which is we thought, perhaps a very brief word from the [inaudible] of each of those would be appropriate as well. That can be bundled in amongst the, the reproduction, let me try that again. You're not reproducing, you're introducing. Well, I hope you're not reproducing. The introduction, and you can sort of have more lined up around you, Satish, I think and just do it in one fell swoop, so everyone can have a brief moment of glory.

Following on from that, because I do think that is what we agreed to last time, that's just a shuffling it from an acknowledgement point of view to an inclusion, introduction, and acknowledgement. Also, I just wanted to make sure that whoever is briefing [Göran?] and Rinalia, are well aware this is a co-sponsored activity.

I wouldn't want them to come solely focused on APRALO and the ALAC, and discover at the end, which would have happened with this, by the look of it, this [inaudible], that oh yeah, we got money from other people as well. I think that needs to be, you know, up front, that it's a co-location of a cooperation between Civil Society and APRALO, and that that should be recognized.

Now, we've got time to warn them, so that doesn't take them by surprise. But if it is up-front, and they haven't taken notice of any warning, I'm sure they're professional enough to modify what they're going to say to take that into account. Thank you.

SATISH BABU:

Thanks Cheryl. So I think very important point. The order needs to be appropriate, and that we have introduction. So I think Heidi, please make the changes. Rinalia, I think she knows, I'm not sure about [inaudible]. If Cheryl could tell us the preferred order, we can then incorporate that. Silvia, please go ahead.

SILVIA VIVANCO:

Thank you Satish. Just to make sure we understand, we are going to be starting tomorrow, we are going to send invitations, beginning tomorrow, to everyone. Each speaker will receive a calendar invitation, so we will need the names of the speakers, their emails, their bios, and photos. So we need exactly the list of the speakers, and someone can, perhaps Maureen or Holly, or you, can give me the list.

So I'm going to make that an action item, in the next three hours if you can do that, that would be great. And if we [inaudible] again and you can say it out loud please, one by one, so I take notes and make sure that they are in the correct order.

SATISH BABU:

Right. Thanks Silvia. I can put that down in the action item. Are there any other comments? That's an old hand, okay. Maureen can be

[inaudible] also because it [was related?]. I see that Holly has raised her hand. Holly, would you like to go now?

HOLLY RAICHE: Yes I would because Silvia asked a question and we didn't answer it.

SATISH BABU: Please go ahead.

HOLLY RAICHE: She said, what is the running order? So the running order starts off with, as far as I'm concerned, you open up. Göran is next. Apparently Steve is not there, but that's find [inaudible]... Now my understanding was that we have Alan and somebody from Civil Society, and we would have Rinalia.

I mean, we've had about three different versions of what we are going to do. I think we should settle on what we are going to do first and how we're going to deal with Civil Society. I take Cheryl's point, and it is something I will have to do which is to say to the sponsors, who are thinking they are funding only an APRALO event, to say, by the way the Civil Society.

So I will actually have to have an action item on me to advise two of the sponsors that it's also Civil Society. Now, can we actually finalize...? Let's just run down what we're going to do, because we haven't done it. We've had about two or three different versions.

So my suggestion, and we can say yes or no to it. We start with Göran, obviously. Now, we have had discussion about whether we should have Rinalia at all, since she is a Board member. Should we have Alan and somebody from the Civil Society?

We have already said that we are going to have the sponsors so that would mean, in a sense because Civil Society is also checking if they have a slot, we haven't worked that out. So, I'm as confused as Silvia as to what we have finally decided, frankly.

And I wouldn't put it as an action item until we've all agreed on it.

SATISH BABU:

Thanks Holly. Yeah, I thought the version on the screen was the outcome of all of the discussions so far, and we will modify, tweak this version to kind of our satisfaction. So right now, Cheryl had suggested we shuffle the order, and [inaudible] from Cheryl on the order. [CROSSTALK]

CHERYL LANGDON-ORR:

Satish, Cheryl here. I put it in the chat. I didn't feel I needed to constantly speak. While Silvia was asking the question, I was typing the answer. And that also covers what Holly was saying, which I somewhat disagree with, in fact.

What I was suggesting is that the Civil Society, all aspects of the Civil Society, thanking them, recognizing them, doing anything, offering them the microphones for nine seconds, for 30 seconds, for 60 seconds, I don't care. But I would suggest that is wrapped up with welcome and

introductions, which usually will be primary speaker of, that the can share the stage. Then it's Göran, then it's Rinalia, then it's Alan. Then it's sponsors. Hopefully that's really, really clear.

HOLLY RAICHE: That's really, really clear and I'm happy with it. [CROSSTALK]

HEIDI ULLRICH: So, are we saying that we do not want Steve Crocker? Because he's been there all of the time and he has been supportive. So did you want...? I mean, what about Göran and Steve at the same time? Basically, they just go up together, switch the microphones, say a few words, and down.

And the same with Rinalia and Alan.

HOLLY RAICHE: Holly, I agree with you. Steve [CROSSTALK] he only takes about 30 seconds, and given he is a huge supporter, I was just surprised to see he wasn't on the list, frankly.

SATISH BABU: I'm also absolutely fine with Steve and Göran sharing the slot together, so we don't take any additional time. Right. So Cheryl says yes, so I think we have consensus on this. Yes Cheryl?

CHERYL LANGDON-ORR: I just stepped away from the computer, otherwise I would have put my hand up. I think Steve and Göran are perfect together, that's fine. Can I suggest that we give Rinalia a quick slot, because she is the Board member, our Board member, and Alan a separate slot? And my reasoning there is two-fold.

We are about to enter into a period of calling for expressions of interest for Board members to be appointed by the At-Large community and the ALAC, just to [inaudible]. We know Rinalia is planning on running, but I just don't want Alan and Rinalia, obviously tethered at the hip at these possibly sensitive times.

SATISH BABU: I agree. So that's the [inaudible].

So I think we'll took care of most of the points. The only issue that Heidi raised earlier. Heidi, I see your hand, I'm coming to you, was about [Adam?]. So I think we have to decide on that as well. Heidi, please over to you now.

HEIDI ULLRICH: Hi everyone. Thank you very much. So I'm just putting into the action item pod, so we have Satish to welcome APRALO and Civil Society members. Then Göran and Steve, two and a half minutes each. Rinalia, two and a half minutes. Alan, two minutes. Sponsors, two minutes each. Is that going to be enough for a total of six?

SATISH BABU: Yes.

HEIDI ULLRICH: Okay, so that's six minutes. And then we have the closure. Is that good? Okay. And who is doing that? Satish is doing that? Satish, are you closing?

SATISH BABU: I would suggest... Why not Ali for his building up to it? Ali, would you like to do the closing?

ALI ALMESHAL: I don't know, if you are doing the opening, why don't you just close it?

HEIDI ULLRICH: Actually, you know what I remember? Last time I thought we said we're going to have Maureen and Holly come up and thank Satish and all of them thank everyone else. I recall [CROSSTALK]...

SATISH BABU: That's fine. That's not a point about [inaudible] who is on the call, but we have to thank her also. So for Holly and Maureen, to do the closing, they can also do that. That's a good... Maureen, Holly, any feedback?

MAUREEN HILYARD: This is Maureen for the record. I'm going uh, uh, as well. Now I think you should just end it. Yeah, just end it. You started, it's better that you finish it. [CROSSTALK]

ALI ALMESHAL: ...doing that as well, but I think it's more [inaudible] that who all started the opening, he closes, and then maybe all of us taking our picture together. There [CROSSTALK] and sponsors?

SATISH BABU: Absolutely.

MAUREEN HILYARD: Yeah, that's fine.

SATISH BABU: I agree, Ali.

UNKNOWN SPEAKER: Yeah, that makes sense.

SATISH BABU: All right. So, thanks everyone for the [inaudible] on the speakers and the order. Maureen, you had anything to add on the [inaudible]?

MAUREEN HILYARD:

I guess I feel that I've been sending around to various people examples of the slides. I picked up a picture that I actually can use as a backdrop for it, since we don't have an official one. But, what I am including and I'm asking everybody, including Kelvin, I had sent Kelvin a message and also to [inaudible], hopefully I don't think I added [inaudible], but Kelvin, if you wouldn't mind passing that on, to be included into the APRALO Showcase Roll Call, because there is a roll call.

So with every person's slide, I've actually try to find and include some outreach activity that [inaudible] does demonstrate not only who is in Hyderabad from the APRALO region, but also some activity that is going to be involved, if not mainly in the last year. But if they haven't, I haven't got one for this year, at least probably in 2015.

And so, yeah, it's growing. I've got some of [inaudible] have been asked to contribute and they have. Some are related to ALSs and some are not. But it will be great to make them feel part of the APRALO family, and to get them engaged, and hopefully to get them into it [inaudible]. And I do want to make sure sort of like we're already sort of like looking at other sections of the community, that's fine.

But still from the region, and I think that's what we encourage that APRALO family thing that we have. So thank you.

SATISH BABU:

Thanks Maureen. [Inaudible] with the [inaudible] we don't have to do anything on it now. So, I think we can now move on, we have to finish the budget and the, agenda items number two and three. Gisella, are you ready now with these agenda items?

GISELLA GRUBER:

Satish, Gisella here. Sorry. Just getting off mute. Yes I am. I will now display the updated agenda, the updated budget. As it stands now, I am in touch with finalizing with the event, excuse me, with the venue the cocktail. As I've said previously, they've asked us to try and count the people coming in, and then there will be an additional charge for all of the additional people.

I've been working with our catering department, and there have been many emails toing and froing just to try and nail it down to the actual charge of the package, which is 120 people as I explained last time, like we usually do at the showcase. We have drinks and snacks for that amount. And when the drinks and snacks have exceeded, have reached the 120 people, the bar will be closed.

So, I'll probably need another 24 hours to confirm that. It's taking quite a long time, but it's just probably just the people we're dealing with, at the conference center, are also a little bit overwhelmed with the catering requests that are coming through.

So, if we look at the budget, we still have the remaining funds 1,234. And I think we need to bear in mind that I need the final on the catering. So if that amount is \$5,666, and that's an approximate figure, please, because we had focused on the daily exchange rate by exchange rate convertor.

Sorry. The budget moving around. The [inaudible] have been confirmed. Apologies, TBC should come out. It has been confirmed. We will have a little stage at the back of the room. So they will be

playing there, and the idea is to have them playing as we welcome our guests. They'll stop playing during speeches, and they will resume playing during the network part of the event.

With regards to the cocktail, what we've done previously is doing a 15 minute service of drinks, and then stopping during the speeches, and then resuming for networking. I'd like to just hear from everyone how they feel if the bar will just continue serving drinks continuously during the speeches as well, or whether... I think they might find this a little difficult to stop serving drinks during speeches and saying to people, no, you can't have a drink, if they've just walked into the room, especially with the Civil, it's a joint event with the Civil Society.

So we're not 100% sure if everyone is going to be there at 6:30 on the dot, or even at 6:45. Are there any thoughts on that?

SATISH BABU:

Yeah. Any comments on the last point?

[CROSSTALK]

SILVIA VIVANCO:

This is Silvia. If you recall, one of the showcases, I think [inaudible], when we welcomed people and everybody got a welcoming drink, and then they stopped serving the speeches, and afterwards, then they resume the passing around the drinks. I think that worked well.

SATISH BABU:

Right. Thanks Silvia. Cheryl, you want to add something?

CHERYL LANGDON-ORR:

Yeah. I was, and [inaudible] was just outlined exactly the question that Gisella was asking us to voice an opinion on, whether or not we should follow that, which worked well in the past. She also pointed out, of course, that it might be difficult if people are still arriving, and that's where I suggest in the chat, that whilst I think we shouldn't be serving during proceedings as such.

If need be, I guess, you know, a tray at the door will do. But you're more likely to lose control of your count and everything else during the proceedings than at any other time. So I think that you know, get there, if you get there on time, you've got a drink. If you're feeling awfully generous and it's easier to do, well you know, okay, we can leave a tray service to be provided at the door.

But if not, tough until proceedings are over.

SATISH BABU:

Okay. I think that's good. So no drinks while the speakers are on. It's either before or after, maybe at the door. Any further comments? I have to point out that the [inaudible] dollars is coming from [inaudible], therefore it has to be perhaps [inaudible] first. I know the amount is very small, so maybe you don't have to give them a slot for speaking, or maybe a minute [inaudible]... would be there to speak with Doctor [inaudible], who has been so far a part of GAC, but now he's one of the ALSs chairs [inaudible].

I hope that's okay. [CROSSTALK] Yes, Heidi.

GISELLA GRUBER:

Sorry, it's Gisella. Just to say that what I will work on is what we discussed and that we usually do at showcases is have the drinks on trays when people walk in so that they can have a drink, and then possibly just have one person with the tray, and then they'll understand that the drinks will resume after the speeches.

We just, it doesn't seem to be the usual catering setup, so we're doing our best in the background to get this moving forward as quickly as possible, but I have to say that the Hyderabad meeting has been quite challenging on many aspects.

I will request this, I just need to have a full understanding as well as how they're going to put up the [inaudible], the drink stations, because we are going to be in that meeting room until a quarter past six with our previous meeting, the regional leadership meeting. We will have a quick 15 minute turnaround to get the room ready.

But I do believe that they will be coming, and the room is fairly big. The ALAC rooms are usually fairly big, and they will setup the catering station at the back. And because we're not having any more than just dry snacks, I'm hoping that they're going to be able to put these somewhere in the room.

So that will be a discussion that I will probably only be able to finalize next week with them, because the requests have just gone through to the department dealing with this, [inaudible]. And I think that they will

then meet, assign a person, and we will just have to go through like we usually do, step by step, the logistics of house all going to be, and we will have a meeting once we're on the ground, in Hyderabad, prior to the showcase, to run through the events, and we will have to probably be able to deal with a few last minute challenges, or changes, on how the setup is going to be.

But from past experience, we've never had an issue with things working out nicely.

SATISH BABU:

Thank you Gisella for that. I agree, that we will have to play by ear, but our plan should be in place [inaudible], and we [inaudible] the end of the [inaudible]. So finally, any other comments on the showcase or the budget [inaudible] items number two, three, four and [inaudible]?

If not, we will move forward otherwise.

KELVIN WONG:

Hi Satish, this is Kelvin.

SATISH BABU:

Kelvin, go ahead.

KELVIN WONG:

Hi, Kelvin Wong from the APAC hub. So Adam sends his apologies again. I think he's stuck in a meeting somewhere else, but I've been communicating with him real time on Skype, and he says that the Civil

Society introduction given by Satish at the start, which is [inaudible], is fine by him, and he thanks everybody for the [inaudible]. Now I'm speaking on behalf of Adam, but anyway.

SATISH BABU:

Great. Thanks Kelvin. [That was helpful] because it clears up that point. Right. Any other comments? Well then, we will move on to item number five, the capacity building program. So, I just [inaudible] At-Large schedule, and I find that the capacity building activities, my name is in there. I believe it should be Holly's name on all of the sessions, because she's leading it. So let's talk about it. Holly, would you like to go first on this?

HOLLY RAICHE:

Sure. Okay. Let me... I think there is a larger question with how this fits in with any larger mentor/mentee program or anything else. In terms of just capacity building, and capacity building in the four lunch hours that we have, what I have put up on a Wiki, I'm not sure which Wiki, but I have managed to find it, is the outline which, a few dot points under each.

The emphasis for all four is participation by the people there. So there will be, who is testing the audio room while I'm here?

The first session will probably just be slides. I'm not sure who to present, aside from myself, but about ICANN generally. The next session will be about ALAC and the RALOs, and that structure. The third will be the follow-up from the, you remember, there was a wonderful

paper that ICANN staff did on the various policies. There will be a run down on that.

And the fourth one will be a look at the ICANN transition. In other words, what actually happened, and what is the structure now. So, those four have all been mapped out, they're on a Wiki. And I will be putting a little bit of flesh into the presentation, and we should have speakers aside from having a strong emphasis on group participation. But that's this.

And Heidi, if you would like to add how that fits in with anything else that's going on, that would be appreciated. Thank you.

HEIDI ULLRICH:

Thank you very much Holly, and again congratulations on the development of this really interesting session, session of four meetings. I just want to make a note that we now have moved the agendas over to the At-Large Hyderabad pages, agenda pages. And we will get to the Wiki page, Holly, that you had initially written on, but just for the time being, the more up to date versions are on the At-Large agenda.

So basically, the only question I really have, you know, who do we start? I know that under capacity building session four, the 8th of November, there was some question on whether to invite Alan, León, or Cheryl, etc., or do we invite all of them? Because we are going to start sending the invitations, as Silvia said.

So that's something that we would like to get confirmed. And then the second point is, we had mentioned that we were going to have some

focus on making these capacity building sessions sustainable to ensure that the ALSs that do go through, that there is continuous learning. So that might be through a mentor program that could be linked to that, and it also, the last item, I put on the last day, was next steps.

And that's something that maybe you can sign people up to be mentors, etc. So I wanted to highlight those points. Thank you.

HOLLY RAICHE:

Heidi, I'm not sure we're going to solve that in this call, but that's certainly on my to-do list is to think about who to speak, and again, because even though we have an hour, I really don't want people to sit there and be talked at. What I want is for people to talk to each other, and to have it more of a workshop style.

It might be interesting to have people there, in the next couple of days. That's what I'll be working on seeing who might be able to just even pop in and talk for 10 or 15 minutes about the structure. That's all I want, but I don't want a speech. I don't want a speech, because these poor sods would have been sitting long enough and listening to speeches, or talks.

So if nothing else, this is an opportunity for them to talk themselves. That's my sort of overall framework. That said, there may be room for one or two people, and I think we have to work through what we do with the mentees, because I think it would be really useful for them to be involved in this project, because it is a learning project about the whole structure. Thank you.

SATISH BABU: Thanks Holly. I think [inaudible] about the mentees [inaudible], I agree completely that it is good that they attend this. But Maureen has suggested that they might have other engagements during this time. So I was wondering how...? Maureen, can you [inaudible], is anything possible to ensure to the extent possible, that they attend this?

MAUREEN HILYARD: Yes. I'm still actually working with the... The mentees that I have, are actually working with the Fellows group, and Siranush very much can probably sort of like give us more information about what Fellows [inaudible]. But I do know that, I mean, like other groups who will actually have the opportunity to have a lunch break, they, you know, I know that they are going to need time.

My mentees are both coaches, and they're going to need time to spend with their Fellows. But at the same time, they are being encouraged to participate. So I think, I mean, we're actually like sort of like confirming numbers, and so we... I do hope to sort of like talk to the [inaudible] to find out sort of like what their availability is, and... But we've actually got...

I mean, we do have the tribal ambassadors, and we do have other people that, you know, like I don't know if they have other things that they actually wanted to get into, or people that they want to contact during those times. And we're using up lunch time, [inaudible] taken into account, that they might be interested in the [inaudible] session.

And there is so much on. So I do have to get some confirmation. Thank you.

HOLLY RAICHE: Actually, Satish, who [inaudible] involved in the capacity workshop? Who is my audience?

SATISH BABU: Yeah. The audience is the representatives of ALSs who are [inaudible] in-person. And I think we will have about 20 [inaudible] people [inaudible]. It will come be [inaudible]... I think we should put out a RSVP that we know the exact count. Cheryl, please.

CHERYL LANGDON-ORR: Thanks Satish. Cheryl for the record. As I understand it, [inaudible] they were APRALO At-Large structures that we're capacity building, Holly. Whist I don't suppose we lock the doors on others, the focus was for our own region.

Looking at the structure that you put together, and thanks for that Holly, I'm very comfortable with that, as you can imagine. Very relieved to see that it's more interactive and less being spoken at, that's something we all would benefit from.

I'm following on from Maureen with how best to engage some of our mentees, at least those that will be there. Particularly those that are going to be the high level performers, and are already engaged in coaching and other activities. We may perhaps see if we can get them

to commit to perhaps the last time, the last day, for at least the second, the very end where the next steps that Heidi said had been added to the agenda, the agenda pages.

That seems to me to be an ideal time to sort of at least, parade out a few of our mentees and say, look, why did you think it would be a good idea for you to become a mentee? What are you hoping to get out of the course? This is the type thing that some people are finding as a pathway for their involvement and engagement with various parts of ICANN through our region.

And it's a bit of a show and tell, and it might be a little bit inspiring to some of the ALS representatives, and that way we're only trying to get one or two of them, or you know, as many as we can, in the last part rather than commit them throughout the whole process, because if they're there as coaches, and I know [inaudible] for example are, who obviously are Maureen's babies, chicks, but yeah.

They have to commit to that, but they'll be working it. So see if we can get them along for at least the last part of the last day, and that's serves a purpose of showing a tangible set of next steps as well. That said, I noted the desire of staff to send out invitations for any of these speakers.

So I guess there is going to be a deadline on you, Holly, for deciding who does what. Thanks.

HOLLY RAICHE:

Cheryl, thanks. Look, I am totally relaxed as to who is there. If I have one aim at all, it's that we shouldn't be duplicating in two venues something that can be done once in one venue. And if you think it makes sense, I'm perfectly happy to have an invitation to go out and say, even just the last session, to say look, this is actually where we're going to talk about ICANN, what it was, what it is, what it is going to be, and you're welcome to that.

And in fact, maybe make, they can be session leaders or something. But I think it's a reasonable idea to involve them, so that everybody... There is only one session about one thing rather than any repetitions, that would be a waste of space.

SATISH BABU:

Thank you. You have the list of [inaudible] ...but I think there will be some drop outs, and some observers who will not know about our APRALO capacity building program. So we have to, I think, announce the program, and ask for RSVPs, so that they know and we know how many plan to attend.

So the list of mentees are here. So what is the best way to do RSVP? [Inaudible] implications I think [inaudible]. Maybe staff can tell us about it, over the next few days we can announce the program, and ask for [inaudible]...

Are there any other comments on the capacity building program?

So, we can send a special invite... Yes please.

GISELLA GRUBER:

It's Gisella. Just to see whether everyone saw the email yesterday. So, I think we've... I've set it out on the email yesterday the days that we've got the capacity building sessions. As usual, the meeting rooms are going to be challenging, you hear that a lot, that it will be challenging, but it really is in Hyderabad.

We've got back to back sessions. I'm combing the sessions and I've put my suggestions there where we can extend the capacity building sessions by 15 minutes, and not run into any major conflicts. It's better to extend the session, and that I get it into the system now, rather than be at the session and wanting to extend my 15 minutes, because it has a knock on effect on our tech people, on the meeting rooms because the meeting rooms will be used for pop-up meetings, as we call them, and that is internal.

And if someone wants to book up that meeting room, that it will be better if it is booked for the entire suggested time, if you like, of 75 minutes that I put in the email that I sent out yesterday. I just need you to respond Satish, thank you very much.

And you said, to use the extra time for open ended activities. So if you want to build this into the capacity building program, or as you said, maybe just leave it as an open time at the end, I don't mind either way, but I suggest that, for the two slots that we are able to extend by 15 minutes, that we do so, because for instance, the day when the capacity building session is over lunch, and the AFRALO African session starts straight after that, they're only going to get 75 minutes for the usual 90 minute meeting, so I'm sure they'll be very eager to be seated and

ready to start at quarter to the hour, and that's infringing on our hour session.

So I hope that you all saw that. With regard to the logistics for lunch, we will be having lunch for all of those four sessions, bearing in mind that this is the sponsored lunch. I've put in for 30 people, for all four days. And the days where there is a buffet, we know that there is always enough food, I should say, I don't think we've ever run out of food when we've had a buffet.

But there are likely to be only 30 plates. So again, I'm not sure how the catering is working, if they're going to be generous with it, etc. But one day we've got boxed lunches out of the four days, which I think that is quite good, and that is the day when we have the AFRALO session just afterwards.

So on that day, there will definitely only be, for instance, 30 boxes of food. Hence, me being quite eager to find out how many people we've got, and also when we're in the smaller meeting rooms, we've seen on the schedule that I've sent through yesterday, [inaudible] I'll know as of Monday, the 31st of October how big these meeting rooms are, because then I'll be on the ground and I'll be able to go and check them out.

But it would be nice to know numbers, and also to make sure that people are aware that they are coming to attend the capacity building sessions. Because we've got some days where we've overlapped 15 minutes of the Fellows, and other days, people might be also setting meetings up.

So I'm not sure if this has been widely communicated to people. I'm just thinking of previous issues we've had with RALO sessions, or ALAC sessions, when the members were supposed to be there, and then, you know, they weren't aware of it, if I may say so.

I think it's very important to communicate on this to the targeted audience. Thank you.

SATISH BABU:

Thank you for that, the point is noted. And I see Cheryl's hand, but before that, thanks for the work on the lunch. It's very helpful. And as I said earlier, I agree with the need for RSVP, for the [inaudible]. Cheryl, please go ahead.

CHERYL LANGDON-ORR:

Thank you Satish. Cheryl for the record again. Just this, and to some extent, what Maureen raised in terms of mentees, at least a couple of them. I'm unaware that they're going, as listed, are actually going to be attending Hyderabad. But I did also note that a few that are listed as ALS representatives are also a part of our mentee program.

So we may need to sort of duplicate listings. So if they are an ALS rep and one of our mentees, I think they should probably be listed in both spots, and that will help us look at some of the logistics and uses as well. Just a thought. But yes, as was just said in terms of the logistics, I've yet to attend a meeting, so that's coming up for 15 years now, where everybody who was supposed to be at a meeting went through the whole meeting attending everything they were supposed to be at.

There is always, but I didn't see that, or nobody told me. So it's really important for this capacity building aspect that we make sure that those RSVPs are down, they know exactly what time things are, and what room, and etc. Thanks.

SATISH BABU:

Thanks Cheryl. I think the point is well taken. We have to get the people who are interested, and then update them about the schedules, and allocation, and all of that, on a continuing basis. So that they are aware of the sessions. And the people has other point about extending the sessions for the free time, right now.

I think Holly's schedule right now has group activities at the end of most days, so I don't see any problem in attending the sessions to cover up [inaudible] times. So Gisella, is that an old hand?

GISELLA GRUBER:

Sorry, old hand.

SATISH BABU:

Right. So are there any last comments on the capacity building program? Maureen's point about the mentees, this is a list of people who are not attending, I will clarify and I will get back to you on this. I'm not [inaudible], but I'm sure [inaudible], but we'll get back on this.

Any other comments? I don't see any hands up. So we have only four minutes left. Very quickly, on [inaudible]. [Inaudible] is going fine. We have about [40 participants?] of which close to one-third are

international, and the rest from India. So it's going on fine. We are trying to see if Göran can come to the session to launch it. We are still waiting a response from his office, but if he's free on 31st, otherwise everything is fine on this thing.

Then the last item on the agenda, outreach to universities, which [inaudible] has been talking to us about. Kelvin is here, so Kelvin, it's over to you for a brief update.

KELVIN WONG: Hello, thank you Satish. Kelvin here. Can you hear me?

UNKNOWN SPEAKER: Yup.

SATISH BABU: Yes.

KELVIN WONG: Okay. Thank you. So, Adam, I think is still trying to make it, he may come in just as I finish or so, but I'll start. So we... Well, based on the last update we have shared with you the plan and the schedule for the outreach activity involving the local students, which will [inaudible], and Friday, Saturday, so it's like a two and a half day event, as I mentioned last week.

So notice the [inaudible] last week, [inaudible] change in our schedule, but we are really reaching out to speakers, to [inaudible] to fill the slots.

I think some of you have received an email from Adam, he has also reached out to the Civil Society groups for speakers, key of which will be Friday, 4th November, 1:45 to 3 PM, where we'll be getting speakers from NCUC, NPOC, and At-Large to come together in sort of a panel session to discuss the respective missions and activities, for example.

So this is the key thing that would involve APRALO after that. It's really what we have updates last week. So that's all from me.

SATISH BABU:

Thank you Kelvin. [Inaudible] Maureen and I are on the list of [inaudible] running on this, and I also have responded with a contact from [inaudible] likely [inaudible] likely to come. So this is also going on well.

Are there [inaudible]... Sorry, Kelvin, please go ahead.

KELVIN WONG:

Yes, Satish, sorry. You just reminded me with your comment about [inaudible], so we are working to [II P itch?], which is the target students for this outreach as well, and talking to outside as well. So by next week, we'll have better idea on the attendance.

Attendance is always going to be something that we will have to fill out later, but meanwhile, that's the update for now. So next week, I'll be able to give you a greater idea on the students that will be attending. Thank you.

SATISH BABU:

Thanks Kelvin. We have one minute left. Are there any other comments?

I don't see any hands up. So I think we [inaudible] on most of the programs, the short list [inaudible]. So the capacity building program is also well on its way to be [inaudible]. We are in a fairly good position as of now. Some last minute [inaudible]. So Cheryl [inaudible] from my point of view, this is very welcome.

And thanks to everybody [who attended?] this call. And I think there is one more call scheduled next week [inaudible]. So in any case, things are okay now. And thank you again for [attending] this call. And the call is now closed. Thanks very much.

[END OF TRANSCRIPTION]