
YESIM NAZLAR: Good morning, good afternoon, and good evening, everyone. Welcome to the ALAC Leadership Team Monthly Call taking place on Wednesday, 24th of August, 2016 at 19:30 UTC.

On the call today we have Alan Greenberg, Tijani Ben Jemaa, Holly Raiche, Sandra Hoferichter, Cheryl Langdon-Orr, Olivier Crepin-Leblond, Yrjö Länsipuro, Maureen Hilyard, and Julie Hammer.

We have apologies from Ariel Liang and Leon Sanchez.

From staff we have Heidi Ullrich, Silvia Vivanco, Gisella Gruber, and myself Yesim Nazlar.

Finally, I'd like to remind everyone to state their names before speaking for the transcript purposes. Over to you, Alan. Thank you very much.

ALAN GREENBERG: Thank you very much. Does anyone have anything to add onto the agenda? Seeing nothing, hearing nothing, we will start.

The first item is the Policy Development page. We've worked on that yesterday. There's not a lot of changes. I'm not quite sure I would call it a statement, but I've drafted some words for the two IANA related comments. Let me post them into the chat. They're short enough that that is where they belong.

Here is the one on the Intellectual Property and the one on the IANA contract. Anyone have any comments?

Note: The following is the output resulting from transcribing an audio file into a word/text document. Although the transcription is largely accurate, in some cases may be incomplete or inaccurate due to inaudible passages and grammatical corrections. It is posted as an aid to the original audio file, but should not be treated as an authoritative record.

Essentially they say thank you for all the hard work, thank you for doing it on time, we support them. I see a few tick marks. Does anyone see any need to submit these through the formal process with cover pages and such? Given that Ariel is not here, and given that the cover page would be an order of magnitude longer than the statement, I'm happy in this case for them just to be submitted. Once the ALAC agrees, I can just submit them on behalf of the ALAC. Is that okay?

Everyone's happy with that. Then I will send them out to the ALAC for a consensus call and we will get that done.

Alright. Are there any other issues related to the comments that we need to talk about? I did look at the comments for the .TEL Registry Agreement. There's a fair number of comments, most of them rather negative. It's the kind of thing that if we had someone who was really up on top and involved in user things, we may actually have a negative comment or some comment to make. But I don't know anyone who has a great interest in working on those. If anyone does, we could certainly ask Murray if he wanted to. We'll talk about that in a little bit.

Anyone have any thoughts? I'm willing to let it drop if no one else is eager. Alright. I'm seeing no one who is particularly eager to pursue this, so I'm willing to let it drop at this point.

Olivier, yes, go ahead.

OLIVIER CREPIN-LEBLOND: Thanks very much, Alan. Sorry, I didn't respond to this so far because I was reading your statements that you had typed into the chat and I was deeply taken by these. I'm fine with the first one. Yeah, [inaudible].

ALAN GREENBERG: Is that sarcasm?

OLIVIER CREPIN-LEBLOND: No, not at all. I was actually really engulfed in the sentence, only that I'm a bit tired today so I've had problems to focus and one-liners are tough to deal with. But I've managed to read the second one-liner – the ICANN PTI Agreement. "The ALAC supports the IANA Naming Function Agreement as presented and deeply appreciates all of the effort of CWG members, ICANN staff, and external legal counsel, that has gone into finalizing this agreement in a timely manner."

I don't know, the splitting of "all of the effort" and "that has gone" feels a little strange. I would have just thought "into all of the efforts of CWG members" without having to say, "that has gone into finalizing this agreement [inaudible]."

ALAN GREENBERG: I'm delighted to remove three words. Was that too easy? Do you want to keep on arguing for it?

OLIVIER CREPIN-LEBLOND: I wasn't arguing for it. I just wanted to point this one out to you, that's all.

ALAN GREENBERG: Thank you very much.

OLIVIER CREPIN-LEBLOND: And that's what took all of that focusing. Thank you.

ALAN GREENBERG: Alright. We have Julie's hand up.

JULIE HAMMER: Thanks, Alan. Can you hear me?

ALAN GREENBERG: Yes, very well.

JULIE HAMMER: Thank you. My apologies. I wasn't quick enough in getting to the button to just make a comment on the first one on the Second String Similarity comment. I just wanted to highlight to you that the SSAC will be putting in a comment on that one. It's not yet released so I can't fully share the details of it. But it's going to be quite a negative comment on those guidelines because the SSAC believes that they actually do pose a problem with regard to security and stability. So be aware that the SSAC will not be supporting those guidelines.

ALAN GREENBERG: Alright. Did I not see a draft statement in the last few hours on that one? I saw some e-mail on a draft statement on some statement, did I not? Or is that one they're actually voting on?

JULIE HAMMER: We're actually voting on that. Do you get the [inaudible] that shared... Well, sorry. It's not being voted on yet, it's being reviewed. I wasn't aware that you had those shared with you.

ALAN GREENBERG: I don't remember, to be honest. Does anyone else... let me see. I know something showed up in my e-mail that I haven't looked at in the last 24 hours or so.

JULIE HAMMER: To the best of my knowledge it's usually entirely within SSAC at this stage [inaudible].

ALAN GREENBERG: No, I'm talking about an ALAC comment.

JULIE HAMMER: Oh, right. Okay. My apology.

ALAN GREENBERG: I saw something.

JULIE HAMMER: The only comment there at the moment is one by Vanda on the ALAC website.

ALAN GREENBERG: I can't even see a comment. I don't even see the topic on String Similarity. Can someone help me? Is it on our policy page?

UNIDENTIFIED FEMALE: Yes, it's the first one.

JULIE HAMMER: Yes. [inaudible].

ALAN GREENBERG: Then why can't... Oh, it's adopted already. "Proposed Guidelines on Second String Similarity Review Process"? Is that the one we're talking about?

JULIE HAMMER: Yes.

ALAN GREENBERG: Probably. So we have a statement, we voted on it already. It is passed and now SSAC is going to say something that might be very different. Well, we'll live [with] the results.

JULIE HAMMER: Yes. So this was voted on quite some time ago. My apologies for being late in putting my hand up. But yes, I haven't been part of that work party. They have only just in the last couple of days been [inaudible] comments on.

ALAN GREENBERG: Alright, well if we've said something which disagrees with SSAC it's always nice to have controversy.

JULIE HAMMER: I think it's just that, it wouldn't have been something that I would have personally [twigged] to with my background, but members of SSAC, I guess, believe [inaudible].

ALAN GREENBERG: Our comment wasn't simply we love everything you've done, so there may not be that much dissimilarity. But whatever it is, we'll live with it.

JULIE HAMMER: Okay. Just to let you know.

ALAN GREENBERG: We could always have a vote to retract our vote. That will make life interesting. Thank you, Julie.

The other item that we'd left unresolved in the ALAC meeting is the gTLD Marketplace Health Index. And I don't know whether anyone... I know, Olivier, you were talking about it a little bit. Is there any interest in actually formulating something? We still have a couple of weeks before that one is due.

OLIVIER CREPIN-LEBLOND: Yes. Thanks, Alan. I had said that it did look a little bit like ticking boxes, and there were some things that were missing in there. I will put it on my action items to maybe draft something for that and then if you think it's worth pushing forward, then we'll push it forward. If you think it's not then we can forget about it.

ALAN GREENBERG: If all we have there is fluff to make it look like we're doing our due diligence, then I wouldn't mind commenting saying something like that. Perhaps not quite in those words but the last thing we need is another round that does more of the same if indeed we haven't really done our homework.

OLIVIER CREPIN-LEBLOND: The problem here is that the document that is given to us is just a group of graphics, nice looking graphics and things, but it doesn't actually ask the right questions. So I think I mentioned last time quickly what it was.

I'll look at that and I'll put it down in a few words and send it to the mailing list so that we can start –

ALAN GREENBERG: Thank you very much. Any other comments, input, on the public comments? Seeing nothing, hearing nothing, we'll go on to the next agenda item.

OLIVIER CREPIN-LEBLOND: Alan?

ALAN GREENBERG: Yes, go ahead.

OLIVIER CREPIN-LEBLOND: Thanks, Alan. When one looks at the open public comment proceedings, the actual page for the public comments, there also appears to be the At-Large Community Policy Issues paper that Ariel drafted and also the EURALO Hot Topics paper. I don't know why they are listed here. Are they listed for commenting or not?

ALAN GREENBERG: We put anything where we're soliciting comments there.

OLIVIER CREPIN-LEBLOND: Okay, because in a recent call, the EURALO call, we tried accessing the EURALO one and the permission was denied. So it's [inaudible].

ALAN GREENBERG: I'm presuming staff have fixed that since then. That was a whole day ago.

OLIVIER CREPIN-LEBLOND: They have not done so, no.

ALAN GREENBERG: Well maybe we need an action item. Was an action item taken on the EURALO call?

OLIVIER CREPIN-LEBLOND: I think it might have been, but I think it might have not been recorded as such.

ALAN GREENBERG: Can I ask for our good staff to comment.

HEIDI ULLRICH: Again, the question is that you need to have the EURALO as well as the at-Large documents available to everyone on the Policy Development pages. Is that correct?

ALAN GREENBERG: I believe if we are asking for comments from the world, then they should be able to look at the document.

HEIDI ULLRICH: Yes. Apologies for that. We'll get that sorted.

ALAN GREENBERG: Okay.

HEIDI ULLRICH: Straight away.

ALAN GREENBERG: The EURALO one is a EURALO issue largely and the ALAC one is later on in the agenda, Olivier.

OLIVIER CREPIN-LEBLOND: Okay. Thank you.

ALAN GREENBERG: Okay. Next item – review of the ALAC call. There are two items which bear a little bit of discussion that are not later on our agenda explicitly. The first is Rules of Procedure. My sense from that discussion is there is nobody raising any real red flags. There was the suggestion of some wording changes, a change in one case, and there are the suggestions that Tijani made, and I'll be coming out with a revision in the next day or so to reflect all of those. But I didn't sense any real problem. And I will look into whether we can finesse the appointment of our Director

without having to take any kind of awkward action. I suspect that we can do something like that.

Heidi could you put an action item for you and me to formulate a question for ICANN Legal?

HEIDI ULLRICH: Yes. Can I just go back to Olivier's question, Alan, really quickly about...?

ALAN GREENBERG: Sure.

HEIDI ULLRICH: I'm looking at the Policy Development page under the At-Large EURALO Hot Topic – that I'm it's the same for the policy [.connect], but for the EURALO one, the text is actually on the wiki page. And then the second thing is that is the ALAC going to vote on that document? That was not my impression. I thought that was the EURALO page.

ALAN GREENBERG: There is no intent. Those columns should be not applicable for the [vote] one.

HEIDI ULLRICH: Okay. And that's for both the EURALO as well as the At-large one, is that correct?

ALAN GREENBERG: I would believe so, yes.

HEIDI ULLRICH: Thank you. Okay.

ALAN GREENBERG: Tijani, go ahead.

TIJANI BEN JEMAA: Thank you very much, Alan. The EURALO text is on the wiki indeed, and I commented on it and Olivier responded to my comments so it is already on the wiki. Thank you.

ALAN GREENBERG: Thank you very much, Tijani.

Next item is ALAC selections. I've sent a message to the ALAC Selections Committee and we have received I think three or four comments back, and all of them are indicating that it would be good practice this year to open up all of the nominations and then barring some surprise in any comments that follow in the next day or two, we will open up all of the positions for nominations and selection by the Selection Committee and the ALAC.

Number one question for this group is how long should that call for – assuming the call goes out and at this point it looks like it will – how long do you believe we need to leave nominations open?

Tijani, go ahead.

TIJANI BEN JEMAA: Seven days minimum.

ALAN GREENBERG: Okay, seven days minimum. That I thought was a given. We might have a little bit more time but we do have to allow for both the Selection Committee to meet and for a vote should that be taken, but we have at this point still close to two months. So I think we can probably even allow it a little bit longer than that. But if everyone's happy, at least seven days and if we can keep it open longer then so be it?

Alright. Then I would like to ask staff to start drafting a set of criteria and requirements for each of the positions. Don't agonize over getting it perfect. If you can draft some bullet points for each of the positions and send it to this group for refinement so that we're ready within four or five days we're ready to put out a call should it be necessary. And as I said, at this point it looks like it will. We want to make it really clear in the call that these are criteria based positions.

One of the points made by someone who responded on the Selection Committee was even if we end up reappointing the same person, the process does result in giving us a list of other people who might be interested, who might have some of the qualifications, if not all, and could act as – I won't say shadow people because the groups we have liaisons to do not necessarily allow for that – but certainly people who could be kept in the loop. And that's a pretty good answer.

Any other comments on the selection process for liaisons? The one liaison which is interesting is the .MOBI one. That one you will recall we have a liaison there because their contract requires them to have a slot on their Policy Advisory Board for the ALAC. Murray McKercher has held the position for the last several years. I did verify with Murray, my recollection was that it's a position with remuneration, and indeed it is and it is \$2500 U.S. per year with the requirement to attend four conference calls, some of which they don't bother having.

So one of the questions I'm going to ask this group is do we note that in the call? It's the only position in any of our things that is in fact has a significant price associated with it.

Tijani, go ahead.

TIJANI BEN JEMAA: Please don't, Alan. Please don't. The fact that it will be a real fight to get this position. So it's a pity that we know it and I don't think it is wise to put it on the announcement. Thank you.

ALAN GREENBERG: Thank you. Other people support that?

HEIDI ULLRICH: Yes.

ALAN GREENBERG:

That was my feeling as well, but in the spirit of openness I had to ask the question.

Alright. The next item on the agenda is the BMSPC and BCEC. There is a vote ongoing which presumably will pass very shortly and the various prompting we did for additional volunteers or nominations for the various positions seems to have been effective. I think we have sufficient people who have been named and presumably in all five RALOs we will have selections. I am encouraging the RALO leaders to give their selections sooner rather than later so we can set up a Doodle and get the initial meetings in these groups. I don't think there's anything else that needs to be said on that case, but I will open the floor.

Tijani, go ahead.

TIJANI BEN JEMAA:

Thank you, Alan. Even if for one RALO or for all RALOs there is only three [candidates]. The RALOs should tell us who will be the member and who will be the alternate. Thank you.

ALAN GREENBERG:

That's correct. Anything else on that item before we go on to the next one? This meeting may well end early and that will not be dissatisfying for me.

The next item is the review of the document that was drafted at the request of Rinalia largely by Ariel, although I know Heidi had some hand in it. Heidi, do you want to take us through that?

HEIDI ULLRICH: Yes. So this is going to be posted in the AC room shortly. It's also on the agenda directly so you can open it if you would like. Let's see if we can get that into the AC room. Thank you, Gisella.

Okay, so this was a request from Rinalia. She is going to be meeting among other members of the Board will be meeting some high level European, European Commission officials during or on the sidelines of their Board workshop in Brussels in September and she asked if staff working with Olivier and the ALT to draft two documents. The first one as we mentioned earlier is the EURALO one. So that one's basically been finalized and that's just a European document. This next one is the broader At-Large community policy issues "Why End Users Should Care." And Ariel worked with Olivier, I believe only with Olivier, on identifying the main topics so there are several of those and we'll go through there in just a minute. And I also added some introductory parts of that. So we sent an earlier version to Rinalia –

ALAN GREENBERG: Heidi, I'll note the three introductory paragraphs are not on the wiki and not in the document that the wiki contains.

HEIDI ULLRICH: Yes, because we're going to update that.

ALAN GREENBERG: Okay.

HEIDI ULLRICH: So this one I didn't want to post that until you'd looked at it, but Olivier has looked at it and he says [everything] was fine. Okay, so basically what I had put earlier versions to Rinalia. She liked it in terms of the length, etc. She just wanted it to be more of the format of summary and then "Why should European users care?"

So you'll see that there are... Let's see... I lost my document. There it is.

Okay, so some of the items... Do you just want me to go through each topic?

ALAN GREENBERG: Very briefly. I don't think we want to start editing on this and I think we'll give this group a few days to comment before we go further. But yes, if you could just summarize, go over what the main topics are, and the gist of them.

HEIDI ULLRRICH: So "Accountability and Transparency of ICANN." Again, summary would be basically that "end users are a integral part of ICANN's multistakeholder community. Their contributions are essential. They are primarily working with the affected party in matters of the public interest."

And then "Why should end users care?" End users basically legitimacy and they also strengthen the inclusive, transparent, global, and

collaborative, model of governance. Is that the detail that you'd like, Alan?

ALAN GREENBERG:

Yes, I think so. What I do want is sort of comments on the overall tone and are they covering things. For instance, in this one, one of the reasons I believe we have to care and users should care about ICANN accountability is ICANN is perhaps the sole voice of users in the Internet world. It's the only place where as a formal part of the organization, users have a voice. They clearly can speak up at ARIN meetings or at LACNIC meetings, but they're not there as the formal part of it whereas in ICANN they are there and this is a forum where user issues can be raised. And that only works if ICANN has the credibility to exist in the world.

I would add that in some shortened way onto that rationale. Holly.

HOLLY RAICHE:

[Inaudible] I think you will but with all of the discussion that's going on in the RDS Working Group, some of that is why the WHOIS registrants don't know about WHOIS, let alone the public. Why does it matter? And I'm reading this going, "Well, actually it does." And I don't know whether to put ascendance in there or not, but a lot of what happens actually does impact on the user even if the user has no idea about what goes on in ICANN.

ALAN GREENBERG: If you'd like to try to formulate a short sentence, we're not going to put everything in. We have to keep this at a reasonable length. So this isn't going to be the full laundry list, but I think we want to hit the high points that will impress people, that sends the message, "We really have thought about this."

HOLLY RAICHE: Yes, okay. Heidi, would you send me an e-mail and just remind me and put an action item against my name. Because I think we need to make that point really strongly. Thank you.

HEIDI ULLRICH: Okay, Holly Noted. Alan, I've incorporated your sentence in a rough form in this, but just given the time I agree that I think that we should just maybe edit it or send add to comment [inaudible].

ALAN GREENBERG: No, I was giving an example. I wasn't trying to influence the text in this thing. So let's [continue].

HEIDI ULLRICH: Yes, but I do think that your point was important, so I do [inaudible] in that case.

ALAN GREENBERG: I will contribute it. I was just giving it as an example.

HEIDI ULLRICH: Okay. So then the second point is the Contracted Party Agreement. And that talks about Registry Agreement and the RIA. And basically summary includes that basically what they are, what those two kind of [agreements] are and that they directly affect individual registrant's rights, obligations, and overall experience. And "Why should end users care?" They're critical to the security and stability of the Domain Name System and they affect end users even if they do not have domain registrations.

And then here was a point that Olivier did highlight, but I think we changed it to the [inaudible] where it's a little bit more neutral. "Individual registrants and end users can contribute to shaping Contracted Party Agreements, specifically the RAA through the GNSO [processes]."

ALAN GREENBERG: Okay. If I were king, I would remove the first bullet that says, "The contracting time is an opportunity for users to submit complaints about the registry."

HEIDI ULLRICH: Oh, the very first under "Summary." Okay.

ALAN GREENBERG: Under “Summary,” yes. Because what that says in big bold letters is, “All the other processes ICANN has in place to resolve problems don’t work.” Now that may be true.

UNIDENTIFIED MALE: I support your position.

ALAN GREENBERG: But I don’t think that that should be our lead point. And I’m not sure it should be there at all.

HEIDI ULLRICH: Okay, so that one has been deleted.

ALAN GREENBERG: Okay. Jesus. I guess we are editing dynamically.

HEIDI ULLRICH: Well delete is pretty quick to do, so I did that. Okay. So I’m looking at my own document so please, Silvia or Yesim, could you please let me know if anyone has their hand raised? Okay, next one.

ALAN GREENBERG: I’m watching hands, too.

HEIDI ULLRICH: Okay, next one – “Engagement and Outreach.” Summary: “Engagement and outreach efforts are a focus of the At-Large community.” I think that’s pretty true. “At-Large has been collaborating closely with ICANN staff departments on the development and implementation of a variety of program and events which aim to get end users involved in ICANN.” I wonder if we should be more specific with [GSC] but perhaps Alan would do that. Anyway, no? Okay.

ALAN GREENBERG: No, I think that’s fine.

HEIDI ULLRICH: Okay. And then “Promoting Diversity and Inclusion” – “At-Large leads initiatives that target underserved communities” – and they mentioned various ones – “including the Tribal Ambassador Fellowship,” which did get Rinalia and others very excited on the Board to split. So I think we should make sure we talk about that one going... that leads into Hyderabad.

Okay, “Why should end users care?” “The outreach and engagement efforts are critical for maintaining a sustainable flow of end user volunteers.” [inaudible] okay.

ALAN GREENBERG: That’s good.

HEIDI ULLRICH: Okay, next item – “IANA Functions and Stewardship Transition.” “See comment.” Not sure what that means. Actually, I don’t know why that’s there.

CHERYL LANGDON-ORR: I wonder whether it’s meant to be a hyperlink to the comment that we made on our work. That’s the only thing I could make sense of it.

ALAN GREENBERG: It’s not in the wiki document, so it was added afterwards.

CHERYL LANGDON-ORR: If in doubt, out. But the only thing I could suggest is if it was a link to our comment or our page on it.

HEIDI ULLRICH: Okay, I’m going to add “more context.” I’m making a note to myself, “Add more context and hyperlink to...”

ALAN GREENBERG: There seems to be a fair amount of difference between what you have and what is on the wiki. So there’s been a lot of changes [that happened].

HEIDI ULLRICH: Yes. Absolutely. Are you –

ALAN GREENBERG: I see a reference to one Internet for the world, which I don't see in your comment.

HEIDI ULLRICH: Okay. So, Alan, don't look at the one on the wiki at all because that doesn't have any of the changes that I made and that whole formatting bit, and Olivier and I deleted a lot. So please [inaudible].

ALAN GREENBERG: Okay. I thought Olivier was only working on the EURALO version, but okay.

HEIDI ULLRICH: No, he commented to the other one as well, the [inaudible] one.

ALAN GREENBERG: Okay, thank you.

HEIDI ULLRICH: Okay, so I'll make a statement to that... Okay, other point, "Although the IANA functions are operational functions, they do require global governance, a stewardship in which end users play an important role, specifically an ALAC liaison is involved in the operational oversight previously performed by the NTIA as it relates to the monitoring of ICANN performance of the IANA Naming Functions."

Okay and “Why should end users care?” is “Ultimately the stewardship transition matters to every end user as its success will allow for the continued expansion and innovations of diversity and innovation of one open, unified, and interoperable, global Internet.”

ALAN GREENBERG:

Perhaps the lead one there you want is that within the multistakeholder environment, users are one of the few groups with no vested interest other than wanting to see it work well. I don’t believe there is another group – well, SSAC probably fits into that criteria – but everyone else has their own axes to grind, so to speak. At least some parts of them. Obviously, that expression would not be used, but I think the fact that we have no – what’s the word? No commitment? Can someone come up with a word?

Tijani, you have your hand up. We’ll let you speak while I’m fumbling for words.

TIJANI BEN JEMAA:

Okay. Thank you very much, Alan. Why should end user care about whether the IANA has an oversight from the U.S. government or from the community? What is the difference for the end user? Does the end user [inaudible] that? If you tell me things which are associated with the transition, yes, such as the accountability, etc. But if it is only the transition of the oversight of the functions, the end user will not care because he will not feel it at all.

ALAN GREENBERG: The user will not care unless we mess up.

TIJANI BEN JEMAA: In both cases, Alan.

ALAN GREENBERG: Our involvement... Why have we spent so much time on this? And At-Large and many of the people on this call have spent a huge amount of time on it, and the reason is – in words that I perhaps would not want quoted in the very public forum – because we didn't want it messed up. I might have used a stronger word than "messed."

TIJANI BEN JEMAA: Yes, Alan. I understand that and we were strongly involved because we didn't want it to be done behind us and we want to be sure that things will go in the best way. Once it is done, we will not [see/feel] it.

ALAN GREENBERG: That's correct. It's why we have been involved in the transition, not why do we passionately care that the transition happened other than it takes a set of controversial things out of the equation – that is, the U.S. is in control. It puts them back in a different way. We're living with that.

Olivier, go ahead.

OLIVIER CREPIN-LEBLOND: Yes. Thank you very much, Alan. So first thing, the question mark about “See comment” – I think that was an internal note that Ariel put on there [inaudible] comment separately. She had some other text that was there that didn’t fit at all, so that’s probably just half baked. I’ll try and find the comments that I made and send it over.

Secondly, why the transition matters to every end user – we have to remember the IANA Stewardship Transition and the IANA Functions are purely technical functions and the end users really want something that works. And I think that was the most important part of it all. Whoever was running it, whatever it was going to do, it needed to continue being as reliable as it is today. So here it says, “Its success will allow for the continued expansion, diversity, and innovation of one open, unified, interoperable, global Internet, make sure there is continuity, make sure that it remains stable.”

I think I might have actually added a Table in there. I don’t know why that wasn’t changed either. But okay, never mind.

ALAN GREENBERG: The gist of what I was trying to say put in different words is, many of the other people within the multistakeholder community have specific private agendas. They had things they wanted to achieve and we went into this without any private agendas, and therefore I believe we were a stabilizing influence on it. In any case, we are only a fraction of it through the document and we’re going to have to go a lot quicker if we’re going to finish.

Heidi, back to you.

HEIDI ULLRICH: Okay. So I'll just very quickly mention the topics and I would suggest that staff puts the latest version up on to the wiki, and then we send it out for review to ALAC Announce. Would you like to do that, Alan, for a few days?

ALAN GREENBERG: Why don't we give this group a couple of days first?

HEIDI ULLRICH: Okay, so ALT first. I'll send it out to – individual ALTs on the EXCom list?

ALAN GREENBERG: The list is fine. If anyone really wants to look at our list and see it, it's not secret. I just want a version which has the benefit of our comments in the one we publicly post, and we may want to take down the one that's there because it's so out of date.

HEIDI ULLRICH: Actually I think Yesim has already added the one that I [inaudible].

ALAN GREENBERG: If it's there but without highlighting it, that's fine.

HEIDI ULLRICH: Okay. So basically the next items, just some of the main topics are – “IANA Operations and Finances,” “IANA Policy Processes,” “IDNs,” “Internet Governance” –

ALAN GREENBERG: You mean “ICANN Policy Processes.” You said “IANA.”

HEIDI ULLRICH: Yes, sorry. Okay. “IDNs,” “Internet Governance,” “New gTLDs,” – which, Olivier, thank you for adding. He added a good summary of that – and then “Public Interests,” and then “Reviews at ICANN.”

ALAN GREENBERG: Back to “Internet Governance” – the claim has been made that although we are an aspect of Internet Governance, we as ICANN are not really heavily involved in Internet Governance. Yes, we do occasionally participate in IGFs and things like that. I’m just questioning is that really one of our focus items or not?

Olivier, is that a new hand?

OLIVIER CREPIN-LEBLOND: Sorry, that was an old hand, but if there’s nobody else, I could respond to this.

ALAN GREENBERG: There are three other people, so why don’t you respond briefly.

OLIVIER CREPIN-LEBLOND: Very briefly. If we don't deal with Internet Governance at ICANN, I think that we'll lose a lot of people because that's the whole thing. ICANN is within a certain environment and it needs to be very much involved with everything else that happens out there. That's all. Thanks.

ALAN GREENBERG: I guess my concern is by focusing on Internet Governance we do attract a lot of people who have no interest whatsoever in all the other things we do. But maybe that's part of life.

Tijani, go ahead.

TIJANI BEN JEMAA: Thank you very much, Alan. I want to remind you, Alan, that in our region a lot of our ALSes are very involved in Internet Governance locally, national IGFs, subregional IGFs, regional IGFs, and also the global IGFs. So it is not our first focus, but I think that our community is really interested in the Internet Governance.

ALAN GREENBERG: Okay, thank you. Holly.

HOLLY RAICHE: ICANN is the only Internet Governance structure that actually has enforcement powers. If we don't teach that and if we don't bring it in, then we're actually missing part of the ecosystem.

ALAN GREENBERG: Okay. You don't all have to gang up on me. You've made your point. Heidi?

HEIDI ULLRICH: Okay. So "New gTLDs," "Public Interests," "Reviews at ICANN," "WHOIS" – should we do WHOIS/RDS or... Holly? It just says, "WHOIS."

ALAN GREENBERG: Yes. Spell out RDS, not just the initials.

HEIDI ULLRICH: Yes, okay. And that is the end of the document.

ALAN GREENBERG: Okay, send out the clean one or send or post as you wish, and give it let's say to the end of the weekend for anyone to comment for revisions and then go to the wider community.

HEIDI ULLRICH: Okay, perfect. Thank you. Thank you for that. I will let Rinalia know that it's [inaudible].

ALAN GREENBERG: Next item – ICANN 57. The first item is travel slots. We have had a large amount of vacancies and replacements. Heidi, can you or somebody

summarize for each of the RALOs and for the current two ALAC slots, who is replacing whom.

HEIDI ULLRICH: Okay, I'm going to hand that over to Gisella because she is in charge of the travel line database. So, Gisella, over to you. Gisella? Gisella, if you're speaking, you're on mute.

ALAN GREENBERG: Do you want to put this later in the agenda?

HEIDI ULLRICH: Yes. I can discuss other travel related questions, though, if you'd like.

ALAN GREENBERG: If you have any, if there are any.

HEIDI ULLRICH: So yes. As we discussed earlier, Alan, may I go ahead regarding the visa costs and the purchasing of [tickets]?

ALAN GREENBERG: Yes, please.

HEIDI ULLRICH: Okay, so two points. One is the question of visa costs. So ICANN actually covers up to \$200 for visa costs without any questions, just a need for evidence that those funds were reasonably spent. And then the second part –

ALAN GREENBERG: Heidi, may I interrupt? You said that to me earlier and I didn't comment. My recollection is ICANN says they will cover up to \$200 for visa costs and the cost of getting the visa.

HEIDI ULLRICH: Correct.

ALAN GREENBERG: Alright.

HEIDI ULLRICH: Let me just take a look [inaudible].

ALAN GREENBERG: But I thought there actually was a \$100 limit to the visa itself.

HEIDI ULLRICH: [Inaudible] to follow up from our conversation because our maximum is actually \$200 U.S.

ALAN GREENBERG: Have we lost you, Heidi?

CHERYL LANGDON-ORR: She was just being a mother, Alan. And she [inaudible]. We love Sophia.

OLIVIER CREPIN-LEBLOND: In the meantime, you wish to have some fireworks displayed right here.

CHERYL LANGDON-ORR: Thank you, Olivier. That's lovely. Thank you.

ALAN GREENBERG: Alright. What Heidi was going to say is currently there is a \$200 limit no matter what it says somewhere. The practice has been if you remember after the fiascos we've had with Berand having to go to at that point Nigeria when she wasn't in Nigeria to get a visa, ICANN is now covering reasonable expenses for travel to get visas. I haven't heard of anyone being turned down even if the expenses are significantly above \$200. And the assumption is that if someone can demonstrate that their visa costs are significantly higher than \$200, such as that's what India's charging is higher, that it will require approval from Joseph but that approval will be given and will be given promptly. If we find that is not the case, we have to take some action.

So visas should not be a problem in terms of cost. And if they are, we need to react quickly and we need to make sure our travelers understand they should let us know if there is indeed a problem.

I don't know if Heidi is back yet if she'd like to continue or not. Have we lost Heidi's connection?

CHERYL LANGDON-ORR: I think it must be really misbehaving.

ALAN GREENBERG: Heidi is typing. Heidi was amuted. That is a new word.

CHERYL LANGDON-ORR: A lovely new word. I think we should amute more people.

ALAN GREENBERG: Heidi, consider yourself amuted.

HEIDI ULLRICH: Can you hear me?

ALAN GREENBERG: We certainly can.

HEIDI ULLRICH: Hooray. Sorry.

ALAN GREENBERG: Did you hear me saying what you were going to say? Alright.

HEIDI ULLRICH: [Inaudible] thank you, Alan. Sorry, I have a really fast mute button, Adigo, so I can mute myself if need be.

Okay, so yes on that, on the Visas. I will double check but my feeling is that ICANN will cover visa costs, but I'll just get the steps on that.

So the second question, Olivier, that I believe it was yours was whether ICANN, given the complexity of the Indian visas, whether ICANN will purchase tickets before the visas are actually in hand and the response is from Joseph is, "Yes they will this time." As long as you're in evidence that you're in process of getting a visa, and particularly if you're from countries in North America and Europe, they will go ahead and basically allow that purchase to go ahead on a case by case basis. So it's just a quick e-mail over to Constituency Travel.

ALAN GREENBERG: Tijani.

TIJANI BEN JEMAA: Thank you, Alan. I would like to give you an [affirmation]. Aziz got his application refused by the Embassy because they asked for another document, another invitation letter, not the one he presented because he presented [with] two invitation letters – the ICANN one and the local [inaudible] one and the Embassy asked for another kind of invitation letter. So I hope it is an exception. Aziz will not have a problem because he will get a document from their foreign office and he will get his visa, no problem. But I am afraid I may have the same problem and I cannot

apply now because I am traveling on Sunday and I will not come back before the next Sunday, so I have to apply after at least 10 days and if they refuse my application, it will be a problem for me. Thank you.

ALAN GREENBERG: Can we find out exactly what kind of letter they wanted?

CHERYL LANGDON-ORR: Alan?

ALAN GREENBERG: Cheryl, go ahead. Or Olivier. Whoever has an answer.

CHERYL LANGDON-ORR: If I may, my experience with the variable embassies around the world micromanaged by despot in the name of India is that it's not going to be terribly uniform. It is so much up to the mood of whoever manages these things locally. It's a well-known problem. It's a well-known issue, and we're going to have to just work these things as they go.

The greatest problem I have ever had has been getting visas in and out of India and that includes literally delaying flights up to three times when I was presenting on a conference. And eventually, the travel person who secured my ticketing, walked to the office in the Embassy, got the passport off the desk, and we picked up the visa on the way to the airport for the last possible flight. They just don't care.

ALAN GREENBERG:

I understand. I have had similar problems. I have also had problems with other countries which I can't be quite as graphic as yours, but they require more papers than I have to provide to get a mortgage. So, yes. But in any case, what I was asking is, if we know what that particular bureaucrat was asking for maybe we can cover ourselves in some other cases.

Olivier?

OLIVIER CREPIN-LEBLOND:

Yes, Thank you very much, Alan. I've asked for my invitation letters. I got the one from ICANN. I haven't received the one yet from the hosts. But I have heard if you go over to the ICANN Social on Facebook you'll find that in some places they say that you need to actually bring the physical letter rather than something that is e-mailed over to you. And I wondered what the process was with regards to that.

Secondly also, I cannot send my passport away to an Embassy until mid-month September. Did Heidi correctly say that we can get tickets before that or after that? Because I [inaudible].

ALAN GREENBERG:

Let me answer. Olivier, you're very, very, noisy so let me answer. For people in countries where your visa is likely to be accepted or issued, tickets will be issued ahead of time prior to the visa being received. In other countries where there is a higher probability of the \$4000 ticket going down the drain, they may not do that. But of course they will then

pay higher prices and that's a liability ICANN accepts. So that's in terms of tickets.

In terms of visa issuing, as Cheryl said, the rules vary. They don't only vary based on the local bureaucrats. I'm told that for some countries the process is purely online. There is no visit to an Embassy required. There are no invitation letters required. So it varies. You have to go all the way through the online process to find out if the next step is, "We'll send you your visa," or, "You have to book an appointment at the local Consulate or the Embassy." It varies heavily based on the countries.

I'm told but I haven't verified yet, I don't need invitation letters. I will know that within a day or so as I complete the process.

Tijani, go ahead.

TIJANI BEN JEMAA: It was just to say that the kind of letter they wanted it is a letter from the Ministry of Foreign Affairs in India.

ALAN GREENBERG: The Indian Ministry of Foreign Affairs.

TIJANI BEN JEMAA: They say that this is not the kind. They have a typically kind of invitation letter that they were looking for. But I hope it is a special case.

ALAN GREENBERG: Okay, thank you. Do we have Gisella back with the traveler list yet?

HEIDI ULLRICH: Yes, she's here.

GISELLA GRUBER: Yes, I'm here. Yes, with regards to the traveler list, it's quite an extensive list so I haven't put it up on the screen. So far we have just a little question with regard to Satish Babu who is taking Siranush's travel slot.

ALAN GREENBERG: Gisella, can we go RALO by RALO, and I'd like to know who is not traveling and who is traveling in their place.

GISELLA GRUBER: Absolutely. Sorry about that. We will go RALO by RALO. Let me just go through the RALOs. We have our three ALAC members traveling. We have the Chair, Aziz, and the Vice Chair, Mohammed, who will be traveling, and all have confirmed. With regards to APRALO, we have our three ALAC members traveling. With regards to the Chair, Siranush has stepped down and we have the temporary Chair who is Satish Babu who has taken on the full travel slot. So we still have possibly a questionnaire as he is also running the Indian Summer School which is taking place from the 31st of October to the 2nd of November. So initially he had the hotel and per diem covered and no travel as it was covered by Indian Summer School.

ALAN GREENBERG: We'll get to that when we get to the ALAC [inaudible].

GISELLA GRUBER: Okay, perfect. Then we have Ali who's traveling as well for APRALO. With regard regional leaders, for EURALO we have our three ALAC members who are traveling with Sandra who is giving up part of her travel slot as she is also partially funded by the NomCom. So Anne Marie Joly will be taking over the – sorry I'm just looking at the list – she will be taking over the travel slot and the per diem. She won't get hotel coverage, and that is something that Olivier sent out to the EURALO list. Unfortunately, there weren't very many takers there.

ALAN GREENBERG: The optics of that one are rather poor, unfortunately.

GISELLA GRUBER: Yes, but that's just the way the cookie crumbles as it's probably summer in Europe and I don't know if India's top of the list on many people's travel lists, but I know that Olivier did do his best to fill these slots so we ought to have EURALO –

OLIVIER CREPIN-LEBLOND: [Inaudible] or no one.

ALAN GREENBERG: Let's go on with finish the list please.

GISELLA GRUBER: Then we have the LACRALO. The three LACRALO ALAC members traveling and we have the two LACRALO Leadership traveling. We also have two of the NARALO ALAC members traveling as Garth is not able to make it. John LaPrise will be taking his place. And then we have NARALO Leadership traveling.

Then we have, which are not included in the 25 ALAC travel slots, the incoming members which for AFRALO is the incoming Secretary, Sarah Kidden. We also have the incoming ALAC member for EURALO which is Veronica Cretu, but because she is not able to travel it will be Eric Schweighofer from Austrian ALS who will be traveling. And then also with regards to the LACRALO ALAC incoming member, it is Alberto Soto. So that was just to point out that they are not counted in the 25 but those are additional slots.

ALAN GREENBERG: May I interrupt for a moment. Heidi, is that normal that if veronica, if an incoming one cannot travel, that we get the slot and can reuse it? I've never heard of that case before.

HEIDI ULLRICH: I think there was a case. Let me double check, but I think there was.

ALAN GREENBERG: I would have thought that that's an exception because of incoming members, not one that can be redeployed. If they're letting us, fine. But I'm just rather surprised at that.

Alright, back to you, Gisella.

GISELLA GRUBER: Sorry, and then Alan, I'll hand it over to you for the two additional slots for the ALAC which are slots 26 and 27 [inaudible] for Yrjö Länsipuro who is fully funded, and the second one being for Cheryl Langdon-Orr who is only for travel as the hotel and per diem are fully covered for the entire duration of the ICANN 57 by the CCWG.

ALAN GREENBERG: Okay, thank you. We had planned originally on using the room and per diem of that slot for Satish. He had been funded for travel by the Indian School of Internet Governance. He has opted to take Siranush's place which allows his airfare to be used by someone else for the School of Governance. But that leaves us with a half a slot – essentially we can provide a hotel for someone for whom we cannot provide transit.

I have asked Heidi to check again whether they will allow us to carry over to the next meeting. The next meeting is going to be in Copenhagen. There are going to be plenty of people who could travel in Europe with a relatively cheap train ride or equally cheap airfare and we could make use of that one easily in Copenhagen whereas it's a much more difficult sell doing it in Hyderabad. We may end up in a position where they say, "No, we can't do that." If they do, I'm going to make a

fuss about it, but it may end up that way anyway. So if anyone has any thoughts on who might be able to use a hotel room when they have to pay their own airfare to get there, please speak up. I'm not sure we're going to find a lot of people like that.

Alright, I think we've pretty well covered the travel issue and can we go on to whatever else we want to cover on the meeting itself. Not repeating exactly what we did on the ALAC meeting, but there's anything that we want to try to assign to people or... Go ahead.

GISELLA GRUBER:

Alan, if I may – just since the ALAC meeting and what I told you on our call that we had earlier on I just wanted to share that the GAC has suggested a slot for Sunday the 6th of November. It's a 45-minute slot. We are confirming with the GAC whether it is the ALT and GAC Leadership or whether it's with the entire ALAC and GAC. A 45-minute slot is one up from what was previously suggested of 30 minutes at one of the two previous meetings that we've just had and we bumped it up.

So if it's 45 minutes, it's highly preferable to have it just with the ALT as it will leave little time for discussion. And we haven't had confirmation on that yet so we'll let you know as soon as we hear back from them and also whether we're able to extend this by 15 minutes and have a full hour with the GAC.

ALAN GREENBERG:

I think it's rather problematic if the time they are asking for is out of the regular schedule – that is, it's not lunch – it's going to be rather hard for

both the GAC and the ALAC to tell the other people to go take an hour off while the elite people meet. That's just not going to fly. The optics of it certainly on the ALAC side are not good, and whether they can pull that off on the GAC side I don't know, but it certainly doesn't sound like something we want to advertise.

GISELLA GRUBER: Yes, Alan. The suggested time is 2:00 to 2:45, and the lunch break finishes at 1:30. So that again leaves not only half an hour time between the lunch break and meeting with the GAC but also as you said, if it's only the ALT, that leaves quite a bit of a void in our very busy schedule. But I'll keep you posted as soon as we hear back from them.

ALAN GREENBERG: Make sure you copy [Uria] on all of these any interactions.

GISELLA GRUBER: Okay. And the SSAC have confirmed a 30 minute slot with what they wish to address and thanks to Julie Hammer and Julie Hedlund, we're working on that to integrate that into the ALAC agenda on Friday the 4th of November as confirmed on the ALAC call. I won't repeat myself but it's important, we have already set the slot with the Board on Monday the 7th from 9:45 to 10:45. And that's about as much information as we have at this stage. Just that we are having an APRALO ICANN 57 Activities call my Thursday 05:30 UTC. So that's tomorrow morning at 5:30 UTC where we'll be going over all the APRALO activities and they're making great progress on them.

Thank you. That's all from my side. Thank you, Alan.

ALAN GREENBERG: Thank you very much. Heidi, anything else on ICANN 57?

HEIDI ULLRICH: Yes, sorry. Two points of the At-Large Leadership session which has been Strategy session and Development sessions. Do you wish to discuss that using the ALT or how would you like to proceed on developing those?

ALAN GREENBERG: On the Leadership session, whether it's Strategy or not, because we're talking about what do we want to schedule on any At-Large Leadership meetings, not just the first day. Can you draft a request or do you prefer it comes from me to the ALAC asking for what do they want to see?

In the past we've sent out this list of sessions and people could tick them off. I don't remember whether we did it in a spreadsheet or a Doodle. Was that useful as a tool to making decisions, or do we want to do it more free form? Anybody?

HEIDI ULLRICH: Not really responding to your last question but just in general, what happened last year if you may recall is that we had a fantastic agenda and then you were called out to I believe it was a CCWG or some meeting and you weren't there. And then because we sort of needed

your chairing there, it sort of was primarily a session of going through the day by day almost hour by hour At-Large agenda. And I did receive some negative feedback from that. So basically if you could ensure that you are there and secondly, not go through the agenda in great detail.

ALAN GREENBERG: I'm sorry. I've lost you – not go through the agenda in great detail when?

HEIDI ULLRICH: During that first day session. Because last year we basically had to go just revert to going through the agenda in detail during the Strategy session because you had to be in another meeting.

ALAN GREENBERG: Number one, let's stop segregating the Saturday from the other days. We're going to have a fair number of meetings and we need the flexibility of moving them around. There is going to be overlap for any of us who have GNSO PDP work that we're going to have to try to look at and decide whether some people are out of the room or they give up the GNSO one and don't participate in that. So we are going to have to address that as we go forward with the agenda.

That all being said, do we want to use a free format or do we want to give the ALAC a list of options saying yes, yes, yes, no, no, and then ask for any other topics that they would like to see covered? In the past we have used a Table. I'm asking was it a useful; exercise or not? Does anyone remember?

CHERYL LANGDON-ORR: By the sounds of things, and I've been a little distant from some of these particular activities because I've also been out of the room in a lot of these situations, it sounds to me like you're going to be better off with a free format but asking for any input so you get some strategic hot topics, etc. etc. which then, depending on your Leadership and who's running these sessions, they can manage more or less effectively.

The problem with going through the somewhat tighter controlled or currently tighter controlled grid system is one of two things frequently happens. Someone will slavishly and laboriously drag everybody through them regardless of whether or not they're worthy or not. Or secondly, it'll get hijacked and the people who like to have their check boxes ticked off will get irritated because a topic is taking what they think is an inordinate amount of time. So I think you might be better off with free forming a little bit this time but still encourage and allow your ALAC to make any key contributions from a strategic point of view. Thanks.

ALAN GREENBERG: My concern is the last two meetings have been rather unusual. We have had very few meetings with other parts of ICANN and some of the things we have traditionally done because both Helsinki and Marrakech we devoted huge amounts of time to other things. So my concern is that the memory of people might be such that they don't remember what some of the other options are, and that's the benefit of giving them the laundry list.

Alright. Heidi and I and Gisella will come to some conclusion and we'll query the ALAC and Leaders within the next few days as to what kind of things they want to see put into the agenda.

Development Session. Heidi, do you want to talk for two minutes about that?

HEIDI ULLRICH:

Yes, I'll speak for one minute. First again, just for the ALAC, the idea that Cheryl, Alan, and I have is that it would be broken down into small groups where there would be three ALAC members and liaisons working on in a fish bowl type of experience approach. So they would take a particular topic and then they would report back or discuss those issues to the whole group who can also intervene at the same time.

Cheryl, if you wanted to add anything to that, feel free.

CHERYL LANGDON-ORR:

Heidi, no I don't think so but not at this stage. Time is getting away from us in this meeting but what I would suggest is, as you did, research out fish bowl concept . I think when we put material out for everyone to consider, we do need to take the time to give them some backgrounding and links.

ALAN GREENBERG:

Alright, let's try to put some more time into a next meeting on that. Anything else on the ICANN 57 or [inaudible] go ahead.

Hearing nothing, At-Large Review. There was very little to report but it was reported in the At-Large and the ALAC meeting. Is there anything further to be added today that wasn't already said?

CHERYL LANGDON-ORR: There is not, Alan. This is Cheryl speaking on behalf of Holly and myself.

ALAN GREENBERG: Thank you very much. I'm afraid I have to go on hold for 30 seconds. Excuse me, please.

OLIVIER CREPIN-LEBLOND: Are you going to provide us with an interlude whilst Alan is on hold?

CHERYL LANGDON-ORR: I could but I thought perhaps your background noise is always far more entertaining than mine. [Inaudible] a good Champagne cork, my dear.

OLIVIER CREPIN-LEBLOND: The fireworks have finished, so there you go. I'll get back to you.

ALAN GREENBERG: Alright, next item is the new gTLD Working Group. At the second to last ALT meeting we decided that we would worry at this point about revitalizing all of our working groups but that the new gTLD one was critical to a number of things and we needed to get it put together quickly. We have done nothing since then. I am going to suggest that we

draft a message going out widely looking for members and looking for a volunteer to lead it unless we have someone we know that we can buttonhole to lead it.

Any comments? Can anyone still hear me?

CHERYL LANGDON-ORR: Yes, we can hear you.

ALAN GREENBERG: Thank you. Just making sure. Seeing no hands, that is the plan that will be going forward.

CHERYL LANGDON-ORR: Alan, just on that while I've still got the microphone. The wiki space was sent up and certainly there was some list traffic from Maureen on that. I wouldn't say nothing has been done, but certainly I've been otherwise occupied.

ALAN GREENBERG: I haven't seen a Doodle for a meeting, so we're not quite there.

Alright, we will draft something and pass it by the ALT for any further comments. The same is basically true on the follow-on to the IANA Issues Ad Hoc Working Group. We need a group that will act in some capacity in relation to the Work Stream 2 issues of the CCWG Accountability, and I think we're in a similar position.

Olivier was kind enough to chair and put a significant amount of effort into the last group. I don't know whether Olivier is volunteering again. I'm not presuming he is. But certainly if anyone on this call wants to take responsibility for that, you are welcome to. Other than that, we will also have to look for some leaders or co-leaders.

No? Okay. Any Other Business. I have one very small item, and that is on one of our mailing lists today I did not receive a message that was sent out and disseminated on the list. I don't know whether this is a one off problem or unique to me, so if anyone sees any other indications that mails may not be being delivered properly from ICANN At-Large mailing lists, be sensitive to it and let someone know if indeed that happens to you. Olivier.

OLIVIER CREPIN-LEBLOND: Yes, thanks very much, Alan. I wanted to just touch on the IANA Issues Ad Hoc Working Group follow-on. I'm happy to continue running the calls and leading it or co-leading it, whatever. Of course I think that the people who are currently on the group should remain. We should save ourselves from having to create something new etc. But maybe we should send out a call for renewed membership now that it's less on IANA issues and more on the Work stream 2. We might wish to have some more members from our community and perhaps even make them busy in the different Work Streams.

ALAN GREENBERG: Would you suggest we keep the same mailing list or repopulate a new one with the same people?

OLIVIER CREPIN-LEBLOND: Why reinvent the wheel?

ALAN GREENBERG: Just because IANA issues is no longer a particularly relevant name. But I'm happy to keep it I'm just asking your opinion.

OLIVIER CREPIN-LEBLOND: Yes, whichever is easiest. If we want a new name, sure. Fine. We can find another name and [inaudible].

ALAN GREENBERG: Yes, that means new archive and new everything. I'm happy to keep the IANA Issues even if we... We can do what we do on the ALT list. We call it the ALT list, but if you look at the details, it's still EXCom.

OLIVIER CREPIN-LEBLOND: Yes, that works for me.

ALAN GREENBERG: Okay. Done.

OLIVIER CREPIN-LEBLOND: [Inaudible] fine. Otherwise, we could [bank] this one. We could start a new mailing list and just importing the whole list of people from the IANA Issues mailing list to this new mailing list just takes a minute to do.

ALAN GREENBERG: If that's something staff can do easily then I'm happy to do it, but I just don't know if that's a task which will take someone three hours or not. We'll look at it and come up with... We'll do one or the other.

OLIVIER CREPIN-LEBLOND: Okay.

ALAN GREENBERG: Any other thing on the agenda? We have 10 minutes left. I don't mind leaving 10 minutes early.

CHERYL LANGDON-ORR: Just a little bit of administrivia. I'm just going back to the agenda. Yes, it's still there. Just because some people are hypersensitive. None of us on this call, of course. But I would note the participants for today's call I should not be classified as a liaison. You can classify me as who the fuck cares as far as I'm concerned but I'm not a liaison.

ALAN GREENBERG: Noted.

HEIDI ULLRICH: On that point, should we make a new subpoint calling Advisors?

ALAN GREENBERG: That is not yet approved.

HEIDI ULLRICH: Not yet either?

CHERYL LANGDON-ORR: Oh, no. Don't stir the hornet's nest up, Heidi, for goodness' sake. I think WTF and just leave it at that. That'll be [inaudible].

ALAN GREENBERG: How about riff-raff?

CHERYL LANGDON-ORR: I object to riff-raff. You can call me anything [inaudible]. I won't accept late for dinner or riff-raff. Okay?

ALAN GREENBERG: Anyone else with any comments to make?

CHERYL LANGDON-ORR: Thanks, Alan.

ALAN GREENBERG: Olivier's suggesting "squatter." I somehow suspect that will not be more acceptable than riff-raff.

CHERYL LANGDON-ORR: In Australia, squatter's not a bad thing. Squatter is the background of much of our rural history.

ALAN GREENBERG: How about this – given where you live, how about representative of the underworld?

CHERYL LANGDON-ORR: On so many levels, Alan.

ALAN GREENBERG: Alright, I think this call has expired, has reached a level of whatever it's going to reach. I think we can stop recording. Perhaps we should have a few minutes ago. And I adjourn this call.

Thank you all for attending. We've got a bunch of work coming out of it. Let's try to get it done. Thank you all.

YESIM NAZLAR: The meeting is now adjourned and Adobe will now be disconnected. Thank you very much for your participation. Have a lovely rest of the day. Bye-bye.

[END OF TRANSCRIPTION]