

---

TERRI AGNEW: Good morning, good afternoon, and good evening. Welcome to the ALAC subcommittee on outreach and engagement call, taking place on Monday, the 29<sup>th</sup> of August 2016 at 19:00 UTC.

On the call today we have Glenn McKnight, Cheryl Langdon-Orr, Maureen Hilyard, Wolf Ludwig, Olivier Crépin-Leblond, Ali AlMeshal, Daniel Nanghaka, and Alfredo Calderon, and Harold Arcos.

Maritza [inaudible] is hoping to join us a little later on the call.

We have listed apologies from Dev Anand Teelucksingh, Tijani Ben Jemaa, Satish Babu, Bartlett Morgan, and Adam Peake.

From staff we have Heidi Ullrich, Silvia Vivanco, Gisella Gruber, and myself, Terri Agnew.

Our French interpreters today are Camila and Isabelle. Our Spanish interpreters today are Veronica and David.

I would like to remind all participants to please state your name before speaking, not only for transcription purposes, but also for our interpreters. Thank you very much and I'll hand it back over to you, Glenn. Please begin.

GLENN MCKNIGHT: Great. Thank you everyone. Glenn McKnight for the transcript record. I'm the substitute chair for today's meeting, only for this meeting. Dev Teelucksingh is in Houston on personal issues, and hopefully all goes well for him, but I'd like to welcome you all to this call. And we have a

---

*Note: The following is the output resulting from transcribing an audio file into a word/text document. Although the transcription is largely accurate, in some cases may be incomplete or inaccurate due to inaudible passages and grammatical corrections. It is posted as an aid to the original audio file, but should not be treated as an authoritative record.*

---

pretty packed item. Just one for point of order, I just wanted to point out that item number four, Robert Hogarth will be speaking on the issue of the finance and budget issue.

That was an issue that was brought up by this committee in the FY 17 request for discretionary funding. But I'd like to just start off, is an overview. We're looking forward to our next ICANN 57 meeting in Hyderabad. Just as an anecdote, I've been to India eight times. Hyderabad is one of the cities I've been to. It's a very interesting place, just to get you prepared.

Those who are not prepared for India, I think you should talk to people, getting some advice. But it's definitely a very worthwhile time, for all of us. I think, I did not attend the ICANN meeting in New Delhi a few years ago, but all my stuff that I was working on in India with [inaudible], free and open source software projects throughout India.

But I wanted to just reiterate to this committee, a couple of the slides that we used in Helsinki, and we're looking for feedback from each of you, in modifying and updating our information. So I just wanted to stress what our mandate and mission is for this committee, so if we can... Do I have control of the slides Terri? I guess I do.

Okay, I just want to give a quick overview on our projects with the outreach committee. I think we've looked back to Marrakech, probably as one of the high points of what our outreach committee has done, in terms of outreach to the community, outreach to particularly the work that Tijani and Aziz did, which were definitely super human in terms of engaging the community.

---

We met a number of the individuals that were transported. I think it was a three hour bus ride to our location in Marrakech, but we definitely had a very successful outreach and engagement activity by those individuals. So I want to stress that our committee itself is looking at ways and means of reaching out to the wider community, including those ALSs that are potential, as well as embracing the wider community, particularly the Civil Society.

So in terms of just for your reference, these are the main pages of the ALAC subcommittee. Our current work done, our documents and what we need to do is probably have another page to include more details on the CROPP program.

Okay, one of the things, I'm sorry, I have to go back to the agenda. Silvia, were you doing the staff action items for this committee?

SILVIA VIVANCO: Hello. This is Silvia. [Inaudible] not assigned to me, but I would be happy to review, if you just give me one second to check the agenda.

HEIDI ULLRICH: Hi Silvia, this is Heidi. I'm able to do that as well.

SILVIA VIVANCO: Okay, Heidi [CROSSTALK]... Thank you.

---

HEIDI ULLRICH: Let me just... Hi everyone. Let me just take a look at... I could quickly get to them.

Okay, they're not on the agenda. Are they on from the last meeting?

GLENN MCKNIGHT: That I don't know. I didn't share it, sorry, Heidi.

HEIDI ULLRICH: Let me just have a look.

GLENN MCKNIGHT: So if it's not available, you can take a look and we can just circle back to the action item...

HEIDI ULLRICH: You can do that. I'm going to [inaudible]... If we could do that at the end, I think that might...

GLENN MCKNIGHT: Yeah, that's fine. That's fine. Okay. I want to turn to... This is the biggest part of the discussion today, and I started to jump right into it in terms of objectives of ICANN 57 and I'm going to prevail upon Maureen and Ali, both are APRALO. Unfortunately, Satish is not on the call today. But Maureen, do you mind engaging us in the discussion of what's planned for ICANN 57?

---

MAUREEN HILYARD:

Thank you Glenn. This is Maureen for the record. Yeah, we've had one meeting. And to go over the planning for Hyderabad. With regards to the outreach, of course, we are looking... Let me start off first of all with the India School of Internet Governance, [inaudible] India [inaudible], which is actually going to be run just before ICANN.

And Satish is very involved in that. He's going to be organizing that. And it will involve a lot of ICANN participants, who are coming earlier to help Satish out with that one. But it's going to involve a lot of local participants in internet governance, so it will give them a little bit of an introduction to sort of like that side of things, and hope that many of them will be, have registered for ICANN.

But they will have at least have had an introduction to internet governance before coming to the ICANN meeting itself. So that's sort of like one thing that's sort of like APRALO is going to be sort of like engaged in helping Satish out with, before the meeting. With regards to select outreach during the meeting, I think one of the things...

We didn't get down to the nitty-gritty until, in our meeting because we were looking at things like the logistics of getting people out in Hyderabad. I mean, I too have been to Hyderabad, so I'm sort of like pretty much aware of, you know, how horrendous it is to actually sort of like, to be contemplating visits to various places within our timeframe. So, we sort of like trying to sort of organize [inaudible] and events that we hope people will come to us.

And they can, we will all ensure that they're sort of like activities in sections that can cater for our outreach program that we're planning for

---

our ALSs, although there aren't that many, but ALS members who may be able to come and any other NGOs and participants from the leftover of the [inaudible].

For us, as far as capacity building is concerned, we are going to be using... And Satish has been in conference with Tijani about the very successful program that they ran for their ALSs in training sessions. So we will probably run sessions very similar to what was done there, but in keeping with our own culture within Asia-Pacific.

But we... Yeah, that's something that is being considered at this particular point in time. Of course, one of the things that we're also planning as part of our outreach, of course, is our showcase. And that will be an opportunity for us to sort of like demonstrate our things, to celebrate diversity for APRALO. And we'd like to, we'll be using...

We will be using that opportunity for outreach as well, and involving, if possible, our ALSs. Ali, is there anything else that we need to add?

ALI ALMESHAL:

Just one more thing, which is the mentorship program that we are trying to see who is representing from the APRALO region to attend most of these activities. I mean, you have already covered all of them.

CHERYL LANGDON-ORR:

Maureen, Cheryl here.

---

MAUREEN HILYARD: Cheryl, thank you.

CHERYL LANGDON-ORR: I just wanted to remind the rest of the committee, that because this is a transplanted program into AP, we do not run nor do we have any funding to run a General Assembly. So when we are referring to our ALSs, we are referring merely, although we shouldn't have merely, we are referring specifically to the local Indian based At-Large structures, who we trust will be able to continue on after their engagement with the Summer School for Internet Governance.

We do have the ability to have some support from the Indian government to get a couple of representatives from the local ALSs to be engaged in that, and in a perfect world, they would be able to continue on, but when we refer to our ALSs, we are limiting our scope to those that are local. Thank you.

GLENN MCKNIGHT: Great. [CROSSTALK]

MAUREEN HILYARD: Thank you. Can I just say one more thing? One of the things, too, as far as outreach is that we will be engaging, quite considerably, during the week with our Fellows and possible now Next Gen as well, through this context, that of course, APRALO will be having with the NARALO tribal ambassadors that we will be looking after.

---

So hosting in our event, so that's going to be another exciting addition as well. Thank you. Thank you Glenn.

GLENN MCKNIGHT: Okay, thank you all. I'm going to turn to Adigo, and the first question is from Olivier. Go ahead Olivier.

OLIVIER CRÉPIN-LEBLOND: Thank you very much Glenn. Olivier Crépin-Leblond speaking. And so as I understand, then there will be a number of people, a large number of people, that will go to the Internet School of Internet Governance, and then afterwards, what are the plans in the sessions that we will have then for these people?

Have you designed the, what you are going to talk to them about? Or, are they going to engage in topical discussions about ICANN? Or, what's the plan in there, please? Thank you.

MAUREEN HILYARD: Thank you, Olivier. It's Maureen for the record. We haven't gotten down to the nitty-gritty. We still have, we're still working on our proposal for the various sessions, and I think this is where Satish is really important, because he can actually sort of like provide the follow on of the organizing of the Summer School. Yeah, so I mean, those sorts of planning arrangements have still yet to be decided, but will be done as soon as possible, because we need to get this underway. Thank you.



---

CHERYL LANGDON-ORR: Maureen, if I may?

MAUREEN HILYARD: Yes.

CHERYL LANGDON-ORR: Thank you. Cheryl again for the transcript record. Just in addition to that, Olivier, I know Satish has looked at that and is working closely with the modeling from the already successful, and various around the world, Summer Schools of Internet Governance. Ours, however, is down to a two day-er. But it is because it's being run by one of our At-Large structures, quite specifically bias towards making sure that we do include ICANN and our role in the internet ecosystem quite specifically.

And to that end, as Maureen did mention, and Satish has got far enough along in the program planning, that he's already securing speakers and presenters, there are a goodly number from our very active APAC hub, and from further beyond in ICANN, of presenters, including believe it or not, one of our independent reviewers, ex-ambassador Nick Thorn, who will be presenting not only from an Internet Governance Summer School perspective, but with a highly biased ICANN and ICANN experience set of filters on. I hope that helps.

GLENN MCKNIGHT: Thank you Cheryl. Anyone else from Adigo that's not on the Adobe line have a question? Since I can't see your hand. Okay, I guess not. Anyone else for Cheryl or Maureen on the planning for the ICANN 57?

---

I would like to ask Heidi or Silvia, is there anything that staff is doing above and beyond in terms of working with APRALO that you want to mention or clarify?

SILVIA VIVANCO: Hello, yes. This is Silvia. Thank you very much. I did want to mention that we are meeting, hopefully next week as well. So very often, we are going to have conference calls organizing, and [inaudible] is already working with meetings staff [inaudible], and to start off landing some activities in Hyderabad, as well as perhaps some entertainment.

And today, Satish confirmed to me at least 15 representatives from APRALO ALSs are willing to travel, self-funded. So this is good news. He's waiting [CROSSTALK]...

GLENN MCKNIGHT: Right. Sorry. Who asked a question?

ALI ALMESHAL: Sorry, Glenn, this is Ali AlMeshal. I said that was just good news about these people travelling to the event.

SILVIA VIVANCO: Yes, we will have at least 15 self-funded. And he's still waiting to hear from the government on the six ALSs from India are supposed to be funded by the government of India. And so, we are constantly in

---

communication and we'll have more updates in the next few days.  
Thank you.

GLENN MCKNIGHT:

Okay. I have a question first, Silvia or Heidi. Unfortunately, Adam is not on the call, but is there any special civil engagement efforts that are planned with that group, a part from what ALAC is doing?

HEIDI ULLRICH:

Hi Glenn. [This is Heidi?] [inaudible] my hand is raised. So yeah, a couple... I've been in touch with Jean-Jacques and Adam, following the APRALO planning call that was held last week, and there seems to be a lot of collaboration planned, at least potential, and that is with Civil Society in two possible ways.

One is with the Indian Institute of Technology that Satish has contacts with. And Adam has also spoken to professors there, and there seems to be very positive approach coming in from them, that's [inaudible]... come to their Institute, even though it is going to be the [inaudible], that Institute will be open.

There might be a possibility of having some presentations and discussions there. And the other possibility is that the showcase could be a joint Civil Society and APRALO showcase, which will also allow some discussions on the broader issue of Civil Society engagement.  
Thank you.

---

GLENN MCKNIGHT: Perfect. Great idea. That's great, thank you so much. Olivier, do you have another question or is that an old hand?

OLIVIER CRÉPIN-LEBLOND: Thanks Glenn. It's a new hand, it's another question. Olivier Crépin-Leblond speaking for the transcript. Just following up on my earlier mentioning of the actual program for the newcomers and the people, one of the feedback that I received from the Helsinki sessions, where we had a number of newcomers that came in, was that we were discussing topics that were really specific to At-Large, and mostly internal matters.

So when it came down to presentation, we had Fellows that came to see the RALOs, the feedback I got was well, each RALO was basically saying about what wonderful things they've done with MOUs and stuff like that everywhere, but none of them actually dealt with any policy. And then when it came down to going to the ALAC room next door, in the afternoon, it was all internal stuff.

I was just looking now at the overall scheduling, and yes, it looked like the afternoon session was about the FY 17 special requests, which were of no interest whatsoever for any of the people that came. And so, if we were to build a whole schedule for Hyderabad, it might be worth also making sure that the ALAC also has to deal with issues that would be of interest to these people, because otherwise all of the work that we do to try and bring them in doesn't really go anywhere, and they end up going to the GNSO or other places instead. Thanks.

---

GLENN MCKNIGHT: Thanks Olivier. I do need to point out, I don't know the numbers off the top of my head, but I think our meeting in Helsinki for the outreach and engagement, was one of the better attended meetings at the ICANN meeting. I think there was 153 people at that meeting, as I recall. So it was very well attended.

Okay, so is there any other [CROSSTALK]....

OLIVIER CRÉPIN-LEBLOND: ...I got was okay, but what does, you know, why should I join At-Large? Why should I join the ALAC? That was the question afterwards. [Inaudible] that's all.

GLENN MCKNIGHT: No, point taken. And it gets back in response to that comment is that, are we just upselling or selling the features or the benefits of joining? And it's always a challenge, because it's always a difficult task summon into small words, or a sales pitch, and it's a lot of times, what we have to do.

Okay, if there are no other comments, I would like to turn to Heidi and Robert to talk about item number four, which is the recent item on the finance and budget approval item on discretionary funding.

HEIDI ULLRICH: Hi. This is Heidi. I don't believe Rob has joined yet. Rob, are you there?

---

Okay, Christopher Mondini is on, but just before I hand it to him, I just wanted to point out that I think, just to clarify what that actual fiscal year 17 special request is. That is not 2000 additional funding for each RALO. I just want to point that out.

The allocation of funds is intended to be managed collectively by GSE regional vice-president at their discretion, and in order to assist someone, they're continuing the work with individual and local communities' request. So there is a difference. It's not the funds that are over to the RALOs, it's [inaudible] for the GSE regional VPs.

GLENN MCKNIGHT:

Okay. Any questions for Heidi? I don't think so. Anybody on Adigo? No. Okay, thanks Heidi. I guess Robert hasn't come back on the phone. Okay, so I'm going to turn to each of the RALO outreach strategies. I'll turn to Daniel first, if you can give us an update on what Israel is doing?

Sorry, I have to go back to Olivier first. I just saw his hand. Olivier, was that a question on this item, item number four?

OLIVIER CRÉPIN-LEBLOND:

Yes Glenn. Thank you. It's Olivier speaking. I'm sorry, I didn't quite catch what Heidi was saying. Which request is that pertaining to? Because what we have on the screen at the moment is the whole list of additional budget requests. So, I was just trying to sort of make sense of what she was saying as to what was on the screen.

---

HEIDI ULLRICH: Okay. Let me just take a look.

See what this one says.

Olivier, do you know the actual number? I just need to scroll down. I hope I'm not missing anyone on this, but...

OLIVIER CRÉPIN-LEBLOND: It's just sort of [CROSSTALK] because I didn't quite catch it. [CROSSTALK] why I'm...

HEIDI ULLRICH: If we could just come back Olivier, this is the wrong... This page is the full one. Let me go... I want to find the one that has just the At-Large requests on it, because it's much easier to find. So if you want, Glenn if you just want to go back while I try to quickly find...

GLENN MCKNIGHT: Yeah, okay...

HEIDI ULLRICH: Olivier, I'll come right back to you.

GLENN MCKNIGHT: Yeah, just to interrupt this, Heidi. So if I can go back to the agenda. Please, Daniel, you've got a few minutes to give us an update.

---

DANIEL NANGHAKA: Daniel here for the record. Can you hear me well?

GLENN MCKNIGHT: Yes, we can hear you. Go ahead.

DANIEL NANGHAKA: Just a quick update. Last week, we had a [inaudible] summit that was [inaudible] in Alexander, and attendance was really good. We had over 280 participants come in for the summit. And one concession, [inaudible] position, managed to put that position for internet governance. And on the final, we had [Rob?] come in and speak about ICANN, and I had to give, as one of the speakers, [inaudible] about the [inaudible] governance.

We [had quite] an interesting discussion during the summit. And also on Friday, there was [inaudible] internet governance forum, which also had a very interesting panel, including [Rob?] from ICANN Africa, [inaudible] from ICANN staff, [inaudible] association. And also ISOC being one of the ALSs, we had at least material being distributed, and all of the [inaudible] available.

But one [inaudible] trust with the materials, was that the materials [inaudible] for all of the respective participants in the room. But at least, a lot of the [inaudible] understand more about ICANN [processes]. [Inaudible] involvement of organizations, what is happening in the transition, the multistakeholder model information.

[Inaudible] on our way, right now, is one of the activities as far as AFRALO strategy is the involvement in the Africa IGF. Currently,



---

discussions are taking place [at the university?] because [inaudible] proposal for one participant to go and attend the African Internet Governance Forum that will be taking place in Durban.

So [inaudible]... AFRALO can be represented. Other upcoming engagements including for the one for the AfriNIC meeting that is going to take place in [inaudible] coming in December. That's about what is transpiring in AFRALO.

GLENN MCKNIGHT:

Great. [CROSSTALK] Is that it Daniel or anything else?

Okay, any questions for Daniel? Going once, twice, three times. Okay. I'm going to turn to Maureen. Maureen, would you please...? I know you did a bit of introduction with the activities with ICANN 57, but if you can give an overall on the outreach strategy for FY 17?

MAUREEN HILYARD:

Thank you Glenn. Maureen for the record. Yes, I guess from, according to the strategy that we've presented, just to give an update. We participated in the AP regional IGF in [inaudible], which was quite an interesting time. We have the... Satish was... Satish, and I, and Cheryl were on the NSG, so there was quite a lot of input from APRALO and into the IGF.

We've got the APTLD meeting coming up in [inaudible], in a couple of weeks, which I was going [inaudible] unfortunately been able to sort of like withdraw from that because of the, my involvement later on in the

---

month, in the APNIC 42, which is now, which is due to be held in Bangladesh, originally, but has now been changed to Sri Lanka.

But for the Bangkok meeting, the APTLD meeting itself, Siranush will be providing an update on APRALO activities at that meeting. And just before that meeting, the AP [inaudible] Internet Governance School will be held, and Satish will be involved in that, as a precursor to his involvement and organization of the Indian Summer School.

So he's going to be... Not only has he taken over the leadership role of APRALO, but he's pretty engaged in community activities within our region. And yeah, so the APNIC meeting in Sri Lanka, I understand that Kaili is planning to be there, and so is Satish who really is just across the way, so he should be able to pop over to that meeting. And I will be co-chairing with [inaudible], the AP staff meeting [inaudible].

And we have, of course, the ICANN meeting [inaudible], and we have some, Ali and Satish will be attending the IGF in Mexico, and they will be our applicants for that event, seeing as we actually had both of the APRALO proposals that were presented were accepted by the IGF.

So, they will be our representatives at that event. That's about it. Thank you.

GLENN MCKNIGHT:

Thank you so much Maureen. Anyone... Questions for Maureen online or in Adigo? No? Okay. Olivier, you're on for EURALO.

---

OLIVIER CRÉPIN-LEBLOND: Thank you very much. Olivier Crépin-Leblond speaking. And in EURALO, as you know, most of Europe has been on holiday for the past couple of months, July, August are traditionally the time when Europeans take some time off.

Anyway, at Helsinki, we did meet with the regional vice-presidents for Europe. We, as in Wolf Ludwig and I, met with them. We have two, because we have one for Western Europe and that's Jean-Jacques's side, and the other one being [inaudible], for the Russia and CIS countries. And we devised some work plan for us to continue our expansion into the Eastern part of Europe.

We have had, unfortunately, one of our representatives on the EURALO Board leave because he's now been hired by another company. So he can't act as an ALS representative anymore. So that seat is open at the moment, and we're, of course, encouraging candidates, all of Europe, to go for this position, but hoping that there could be someone from Eastern Europe that will step forward as well.

We are continuing our engagement, trying to fill the idea of having an ALS in every country, but we're still faced with some problems on that. The feedback that we had from our use of the CROPP funding for different representatives that we all sent to EuroDIG, has actually been very positive this year.

The people that we sent have since been very active. And the majority of the people that we sent has since been very active, and have taken positions of responsibility, even already engaging in working groups elsewhere. So that's a good step forward.

---

The immediate thing that we're working on now, of course, is to find out if we're going to continue going and allocating CROPP funding in this way, or if we're going to go the more conventional way by going out to local meetings. And the discussion has already started now.

We have a taskforce on engagement and ALS engagement, which also borders on the outreach. As you know, outreach and engagement of the two are closely linked together. Yrjö Länsipuro has taken on the lead for this. In fact, I might invite Yrjö for a future meeting of this working group. I'm not quite sure whether he is part of the outreach working group, but it might be worth him also becoming a member.

One of the needed things that is going to take place, well not immediate, but the next event that I can see happening in Europe is going to be the ICANN [inaudible], and I guess I know a lot less about this than my colleague, Wolf Ludwig, who should be on the call. I'm sorry to call you out on this Wolf, but I don't know if you want to say a few words about this, and also complete on all of the things that I've forgotten in my hasty summary here.

Wolf, are you there?

WOLF LUDWIG:

Yes, Olivier, I'm here. I'm quietly listening and following all of your work as usual. It's Wolf Ludwig for the record. And actually, I do not have much to add, almost nothing to add to what Olivier explained already quite well before, and in a quite comprehensive manner as far as EURALO is concerned.

---

And I must admit, I do not have much more detailed information, except the fact that it will happen again, what is announced at the ICANN [inaudible] meeting, what is organized, I think, for the 12<sup>th</sup> of, certain time. It became something like an institution in Europe.

Unfortunately, it has never officially been recognized by ICANN in the past. EURALO in the past, we suggested various requests for EURALO people to attend the ICANN [inaudible], the annual ICANN [inaudible] meetings in the past. Always referring that it would be an excellent opportunity for any capacity building in the region for old or new members.

And unfortunately, it was always denied with a strange argument that ICANN [inaudible] meetings happening for almost 10 years in Europe, are not related as it was said, to ICANN. So, so far we had to do it like Olivier, me, and others, on a private or a personal level. And the next [inaudible] will be conducted in [inaudible] in ex-Yugoslavia or Croatia. And as it proved to be over the last couple of years, always an excellent opportunity to discuss on a considerable level, current ICANN issues and policies.

And we can encourage anybody who can afford it or to make it to attend this meeting. So, these are a few small details on the ICANN [inaudible], is the only thing I can add to what Olivier has already said before. Thanks.

GLENN MCKNIGHT:

Great. Thank you Wolf and thank you Olivier. Any questions for either of these gentlemen please?

---

Okay. I'm going to turn to Harold Arcos from LACRALO. Harold, can you do a short report on outreach and engagement in LACRALO?

Okay, I don't seem to... I don't hear you, Harold. Can you speak up? It doesn't seem that we're getting Harold. And I understand that [inaudible] is not well, so he can't speak. I just want to say that I was in Belize, just recently, for the Caribbean Internet Governance Forum, and we had a few people from LACRALO there.

We had from Jamaica we had Carlton, we had [inaudible], we had Jacqueline Morris from Trinidad, and we had Jason from Barbados. So it was well attended for LACRALO, plus we had Mr. Daniels, the manager for the Caribbean speak. And there was an extensive overview of what ICANN does at the IGF. The entire three day conference I filmed, and they're available, and the [inaudible] definitely was an informative time to participate in that.

But I can't really say anything else, but so there... [Inaudible] Harold? Hello Harold.

INTERPRETER: Harold appears to be muted [inaudible].

GLENN MCKNIGHT: We're not getting Harold, but Harold if you do come back in, I'll just give a quick report on NARALO. NARALO, as the Europeans, we live in a cold climate, most of us in Canada and northern United States, but regardless, we had the third year of the IGF USA. Many of us that are ALSs participated, some of them on CROPP, the rest were all volunteers

---

for the IGF USA in July, it was back in July in Washington. Very successful one day event. It could have been multiple days, but it was a free event.

Sponsors were good, speakers were phenomenal. And if you had the chance to live stream the event, and there was absolutely thrilling discussion on the IANA transition, very heated discussion, well worth watching if you haven't seen it. Jolie did a fantastic job on the live stream. Other things that were in the midst of participating in Waterloo, ARIN on the road will actually be happening in Waterloo, and some of our ALSs will be at that.

In addition, in October, [Lea] of the ISOC San Francisco, will be the CROPP trip, she'll be in Houston, Texas. Again, [inaudible] our relationship, leading up to our eventual General Assembly in 2017, which will be in New Orleans with ARIN, co-hosting our event. A couple of other things that we're involved with in terms of outreach and engagement.

We're updating our electronic version of our brochure, it's way out of date, and also our handout mail card, which is back to what Olivier and Alan were saying earlier, punchy sales pitch type mail card we're looking at. The other activity that we were involved with this summer, because of the tribal ambassadorship, we did quite a bit of outreach to what is called Indian Country in the USA and First Nations in Canada, particularly targeting groups of First Nations or Indians, which focus on broadband issues or internet issues in, to promote the tribal ambassadorship.

---

We have two fantastic people who will be participating, Valerie and April. They're fantastic representatives of their community. Valerie is out of Idaho, which is close to where [inaudible] is based out of, and April is from New Mexico. Both of them will be integrated into the Fellows program, and Maureen has, fortunately for us, is their mentor.

Well, that's a few things that NARALO will be doing this fall, and much more, but I can't remember them all. Any questions at all? I don't see anyone. Okay. Did Harold come back online so we can get a report on what LACRALO is up to?

I don't think so. Okay, I'm going to circle back to two items that we talked about earlier. Back to you, Heidi. It was clarification on item number four that Olivier was asking, particularly on the wording. More details on that item that's in our, item number four, and also I listed earlier on the previous action items that we had outstanding.

So [inaudible] leads back to the first issue on the discretionary funding item.

HEIDI ULLRICH:

Yes. Again, that was a request for access by RALOs for funding of local engagement activities. And again, that was intended to be, move forward in collaboration with regional GSE teams. And I think, it will be best if, you know, RALO chairs or the people in this group, will contact their regional VPs if they have any particular activity that they believe could possibly be funded for that.



---

And there is seed funding of 10,000 being provided to GSE for those requests. But it is not, again, it is not direct funding to the RALOs for these activities.

GLENN MCKNIGHT: Okay. Anyone else? Olivier, you're the one that asked directly on that question. Does that answer your question?

I guess you answered it, Heidi. Okay, if there are no other...

HEIDI ULLRICH: Yes. Glenn, just one other additional item coming back to ICANN 57, if I may?

GLENN MCKNIGHT: Yes, please.

HEIDI ULLRICH: Yes. So Wolf has been working, Wolf who is chair of the public interest working group of At-Large has been working with [inaudible] from BPRD on staff, to put a proposal in for a high [endoscopic?] on the public interest in Hyderabad. So that is now basically in its final stages, and we're just going to reach out to Alan with the proposal to confirm that it's supported by him, and then we'll go ahead and submit that for Hyderabad. Thank you.

---

GLENN MCKNIGHT: Great, thank you. Any questions or comments for Heidi on that item? It's a quiet group today. No? Okay. So let's just go back to the other item that we had earlier, which was the action items, Heidi.

UNKNOWN SPEAKER: Excuse me, Glenn?

GLENN MCKNIGHT: Yes?

UNKNOWN SPEAKER: Wolf has his hand up.

GLENN MCKNIGHT: Oh okay. I don't see it. Please, Wolf. Sorry about that.

WOLF LUDWIG: Okay, no problem, Glenn. It's just to add some more brief details to what Heidi introduced already. We could, of course, formulate the question whether such an initiative like the working group on the public interest created by ALAC in Marrakesh, is in any thought relevant for any outreach activities, in my opinion, it could be quite relevant for outreach activities, because before we even launched the working group, you can look at reference pages on the Wiki pages.

And there are quite a lot of participants from various regions who have subscribed or who are members of this working group, therefore I think

---

it's relevant for outreach considerations, because a lot of people I haven't know before in the At-Large context have subscribed to it, and therefore I believe it's of a broader interest, and I think it could be [inaudible] two calls so far.

We are still in a very preparatory process to bring this working group and to make it really productive, but it could be an excellent chance having such a high interest topical meeting at the next ICANN meeting in Hyderabad. And to attract more people from our circles, from our constituencies, as well as other people from let's say, related constituencies, because of public interest issue has a high importance in the GAC, as far as I know.

And I think it could be, or it could become a very relevant topic, and you have even for the outreach considerations in the future. Thanks a lot.

GLENN MCKNIGHT:

Great. Thank you Wolf. I have a quick question for you. Is there any link that you can provide for more detail for people to get involved and volunteer?

WOLF LUDWIG:

Yes, I can perhaps ask Heidi, that she could just quickly provide respective link to the work space of our working group, which is still very basic, but it provides some basic links already. Thanks again.

---

GLENN MCKNIGHT: Thank you Wolf. That helps a lot. Anyone have any other questions for Heidi or Wolf on this issue? So going once, going twice. Okay. I'm still trying to get the, connected with Harold on the report from LACRALO. He says he emailed me something, but I do not see it.

So Harold, if you can hear me online, just cut and paste it into the Adobe Box, if you don't mind, and then perhaps I can read it out to everyone. Okay. Heidi, if we can go back to those action items. A lot of these action items, Heidi, I think were items that Dev sort of inherited, or is interested in moving forward on.

I do not, I cannot speak for Dev, he's not here. He hasn't given me any updates on any of these action items. So, unless Heidi or Silvia, do you have any updates that you would like to share with us?

HEIDI ULLRICH: Hi Glenn. So I've just taken a look at these, and I'll put... I think the link was in the, put in the chat some time ago, but it seems that many of them are completed, except for the ones that Dev assigned, were assigned to Dev, but I do not know the status of.

GLENN MCKNIGHT: I think [inaudible] Dev... ...to I guess, modify the website. I don't recall that being discussed. I'll make that an open item for this action item. So since we still have you guys on the call for a couple of more minutes, is there anyone interested in making sure [inaudible] in the room, if you're interested in being part of the working group, to review the content on outreach and engagement.

---

It was an issue that came up earlier [inaudible] also in terms of content, the direct TLD approach. Not to say that's the only way to approach it, but there is something that possibly this working group can address. So is there anyone in this working group that's interested in participating with this special working group to look into this [new?] website?

I don't see any hands. So, I think Alfredo is on the line. Maybe I'll coax him to put his hand up.

DANIEL NANGHAKA: I'm interested.

GLENN MCKNIGHT: Thank you so much. Daniel, thanks Daniel. So it will consist of myself, Daniel, anyone else interested in this? We can get back to Dev saying we actually got some volunteers for this. So, no other sign of hands. You're more than welcome to join. Alfredo has, I've coaxed him into it. So, we have a group of us. Daniel, myself, and Alfredo, and we'll be happy to get your feedback from everyone on this.

Is there anything else on those action items, Heidi, that you would like to bring up?

HEIDI ULLRICH: No. I think that's it, and we're just finalizing action items from this call, and we'll have those out to you shortly.

---

GLENN MCKNIGHT:

Thank you. Okay, I just sent a quick update on a quick note from Harold. He doesn't have any updates. He's just waiting for a response on LAC information on their outreach to Cuba. So other than that, I don't really have any info on the LACRALO strategy.

So perhaps, come next meeting Harold, you can [inaudible] give us an update. Okay, so any other business and we can conclude. Does anyone else have an item that's a burning issue that we did not put in the agenda, or should have been in the agenda? Please speak up.

Okay, no one has any other issues. Okay. Well, I think that's it then. Thank you very much for the call today. And we'll... I'm not sure of the date of the next call. [Inaudible] ...I'm sure I'll be chairing again before our trip to Hyderabad. Thank you. Bye everybody.

**[END OF TRANSCRIPTION]**