

---

YEŞİM NAZLAR:

Good morning, good afternoon, and good evening to everyone. Welcome to the APRALO ICANN 57 activities call, taking place on Thursday, 25<sup>th</sup> of August, 2016, at 05:30 UTC. On the call today, we have Siranush Vardanyan, Satish Babu, Ali AlMeshal, Maureen Hilyard, Holly Raiche, Kaili Kan, Cheryl Langdon-Orr Amal Al-Saqqaf, and Pavan Pudhrani. We don't have any apologies noted for this call. And from staff, we have Heidi Ullrich, Silvia Vivanco, Gisella Gruber, and myself, Yeşim Nazlar.

Finally, I would like to remind everyone to state their names before speaking for transcript purposes. And over to you, Satish. Thanks.

SATISH BABU:

Thank you. Welcome to this meeting. Thanks, Siranush, for letting me coordinate this. First of all, the objective of this meeting, we have started out on planning for the ICANN 57 meeting in the previous call. This is to update the progress. We might need these calls once at least two or three weeks we go forward. We have made some progress on some of the items. Other items, there has not been much progress. So we will look at the way that [inaudible] go forward. And then I'd like to invite your comments and questions on the activities that we are planning.

So first of all, we will start with an update from Gisella on the status of the social events in Hyderabad. [Go ahead], Gisella.

---

*Note: The following is the output resulting from transcribing an audio file into a word/text document. Although the transcription is largely accurate, in some cases may be incomplete or inaccurate due to inaudible passages and grammatical corrections. It is posted as an aid to the original audio file, but should not be treated as an authoritative record.*

---

GISELLA GRUBER: Thank you very much. I hope you can hear me, and not too loudly.

SATISH BABU: Yes.

GISELLA GRUBER: With regards to the setup of the showcase, the only event that we've been notified of at present is the gala, which may take place on Saturday, the 5<sup>th</sup> of November. I think we're going to rule that evening out, which is usually Monday evening, if we look at the normal scheduling of an ICANN meeting. So the options are Sunday, the 6<sup>th</sup> of November, or Monday, the 7<sup>th</sup> of November. I don't think we want to be having it any earlier. The Friday wouldn't work, because there's a potential dinner for the RALO leaders. So Sunday or Monday would be good options. And those are all the evening events I'm currently aware of.

And also, with regards to the catering for the showcase, I have been in touch with the Catering Department, and they're still waiting for the quote back from the [inaudible] center and will let me know as soon as it comes through. And I'll send it through on the mailing list. Thank you very much.

SATISH BABU: Thank you, Gisella. So Sunday and Monday seem to be the clear options. Have we preferences for either one of these? Any comment?

Siranush, you've raised a hand.

---

SIRANUSH VARDANYAN: Yes.

SATISH BABU: Yes, please go ahead.

SIRANUSH VARDANYAN: Yes, thank you, Satish. On Monday, is there any welcoming gala or something [inaudible] from ICANN's side? I guess, is there no welcoming [inaudible] just for planning purposes for our showcase. I don't want it to be in parallel with any other [inaudible].

GISELLA GRUBER: Siranush, as I said, the only event that I'm aware of is the gala, which would be on the Saturday evening. So we need to keep that evening free. And looking at the block schedule that has been published in the ICANN 57 page, there are no social events or no cocktails, as such, mentioned yet. And they haven't confirmed whether there are going to be any networking cocktails. So hopefully, we'll get a final on that, just to make sure that at 18:00, we can comfortably book our showcase without having any conflicting events at the convention center itself. Then with regards to third-party events being held outside, as soon as I hear of any, I will let you know.

SIRANUSH VARDANYAN: Thank you.

---

SATISH BABU: Thank you.

SIRANUSH VARDANYAN: If Saturday is – Satish, if may just for a couple of more words. If Saturday is gala, that means that all participants will arrive by that time. So I think that either Sunday or Monday will work for the showcase. I prefer whatever people will decide. I think the best preference is Sunday for [inaudible]. Satish, thank you.

SATISH BABU: Thank you, Siranush. I have [inaudible], go ahead.

HOLLY RAICHE: Satish?

SATISH BABU: Yeah, we can hear you.

HOLLY RAICHE: Okay. Very often, in times past, we have had an ALAC dinner. Are we going to do that this time? Have we even started to think about that? Because that obviously takes most, or all of us, engaged otherwise. So, Gisella, are we even thinking about that dinner yet? Thank you.

---

GISELLA GRUBER: Holly, to be quite honest, with the current logistics and, put it this way, the information I'm holding at the moment is kind of [slowing] us away from that, just for the pure logistics in India and the number of hotels we're being accommodated in. There are five to eight different hotels, with the shuttle that will be running from the convention center all day to the various hotels. But then for evening events, it's going to be very difficult to find a restaurant that is going to be central, and then to get everyone to that restaurant. So let's say we haven't said that we're not going to have one, but I need to look into the logistics a little bit, into more detail. And then how we would organize transport to the event, etc., because we've been told that from some of the hotels, it may not be the preferred option to walk into wherever the central area of Hyderabad is.

HOLLY RAICHE: Okay, thank you.

GISELLA GRUBER: Thank you.

SATISH BABU: All right. Thank you. So I would like to ask staff, do we know where the hotels are and how far they are? Because the commute, because in order to decide on the time of the showcase, we might need to take into account if there is very long commute, we might have to wind up early.

---

GISELLA GRUBER:

Satish, if I may? If Sunday is... Well, Sunday and Monday, currently on the block schedule, I don't see any meeting beyond 18:30. The suggested time would be to start after the last meeting. So the meetings end at 18:30. Maybe have a transition time of 15 minutes, to allow people to arrive at the showcase venue or room, and then have the showcase 18:45 to possibly 19:45 or 20:00. And I have been told that we will be able to provide transport after the showcase, to run back to the hotels. I'm sure that other people will be having late meetings and/or gatherings. All the hotels, I've been told, are within 30 to 40 minutes away from the conference center. And that is apparently allowing for traffic, but that's what we have for now.

SATISH BABU:

Thank you, Gisella. So I think there's some consent that Sunday probably would be better. And we have a tentative time, as well: 18:30 to 20:00. So does that sound okay? Can we tentatively adopt this and go ahead?

Okay, Ali, you have... Okay, I think there is some consensus now. We have three people who said yes. So Sunday evening, 6:30 to 8:00 PM, is what we have decided. So, Gisella, please note this down and let us work around this [time option].

All right. So we will move on to the items. So the next item is the outreach and, in fact, inreach. So Maureen has elected on the chat window the issue of [inaudible]. And I've elected Silvia to [inaudible] that we need to [inaudible] the showcase could not [inaudible] for drinks [inaudible]. [Specifically], [inaudible] likely [inaudible] the

---

number, because now we have, I think the number 150 that was there at the last meeting. We have no idea if this is too high, too low. And there is not RSVP system to [distribute] the number [quickly]. So barring that, we'll be happy to provide a platform for the [inaudible].

So any comments on that, the number, 150? A good [inaudible] right now, because we don't have any indication on the number. Okay. So others say it's now [inaudible] the prices [inaudible].

So now coming to the issue of sponsorship, before we get into the next item, we have potentially sponsors like [WZR], APNIC, and the [inaudible]. So should he make a move now, or should he wait until we have a budget really? The budget for the 150 [pax] requested for a 60-minute slot, for the food. And I don't think there's any call for drinks. I'm not sure. Normally, what we do [inaudible] for that. And then we ahead and [inaudible] into the [inaudible]. Is that okay? Or do you think we should make a move right now, talk to [inaudible]?

Holly, please?

HOLLY RAICHE:

I think we should wait until we know what the costs are, because if we're going to go to people and they say, "Happy to support you. How much do you want?" and we don't know, I think we're going to look a little bit silly. I think if we're going to get money, it should be, "Well, we are planning on this amount of people, based on these circumstances. And we are planning to serve X amount of drinks and nibbles and stuff, and it will cost X. And this much is available for us, and therefore we need X." So it just looks very unprofessional if we don't have that sort of

---

information before we go asking for money. So I think we don't want to leave it too late, but we do need a fair bit of information before we start asking for money, I think. That would be my guess.

SATISH BABU: Thank you [inaudible]. Let's hear from Siranush now.

SIRANUSH VARDANYAN: Thank you, Satish. I completely agree with Holly in this case. We don't know how [inaudible] APNIC now to tell that there will be showcase and ask them if they would like to participate in any way. So maybe then, they come back to us with money. But we can say that we may be thinking or would rely on their support, both financial and content-wise, to see if they are [inaudible], how they would be involved. Or it would be even better if we wait until [inaudible], wait until close to have the final prices for anything [and full prices]. Then say, "We have this amount of money. We have this amount to be paid. Would you like to participate, both financial and content-wise?" That may be even better.

SATISH BABU: All right. Thanks, Siranush. Maureen?

MAUREEN HILYARD: Thank you, Satish. I also thought about the last time we ran a showcase. And there were other things that we actually needed funding for. So we need a really good big picture idea of how much costs are going to be before we go out to seek the additional funds. But I guess we need to be



---

looking at, or thinking about, what we're going to do. I know we're planning for 60 minutes, and it's probably a little bit extreme. But are we going to be able to bring in performers? Are there going to be other official activities? Or are we going to do as we normally do, a little bit of gift giving to people who participate? I guess it depends on what sort of things are available. But things to think about when we're looking at cost. Thank you.

SATISH BABU:

Thanks, Maureen. That's helpful [any] point. We have to look at the non-food, non-catering expenses. We have [inaudible] they would be things like cultural program, performers. Maybe some giveaways. So perhaps you have what kind of options [inaudible] at this point. So, Gisella, can you let us know if we have... Do you have some system of organizing for cultural programs and giveaways? And what are the options available?

GISELLA GRUBER:

Satish, sorry, you were asking with regards to the giveaways, what the options will be?

SATISH BABU:

[crosstalk] the cultural event options.

GISELLA GRUBER:

Satish, no, not at this stage. I can look into some suggestions and get some pricings. But, yes.

---

SATISH BABU:

No problem. I just want to know if we can organize this through the ICANN system or we have to step outside and directly organize these things. So either way is fine, but we just need to know which is better. So if you can let us know within the next meeting about the non-food items [inaudible] for the showcase, maybe in the next meeting.

Maureen is asking I have a local contact in Hyderabad. Yes. We can organize that. But of course, the [inaudible] will be to [inaudible] through ICANN system for overall ease of organizing things and [inaudible] if something goes wrong, etc. But we also have access to some of the local [inaudible] organized. So I would like staff to advise us on which is the best way to go ahead.

Heidi has pointed out that the Festival of Lights, Diwali, is actually very close to our meeting. It's on 30<sup>th</sup> of October, and our meeting is from [inaudible]. And so it is actually very close. And actually, the time we are organizing the School of Internet Governance and [inaudible] they can't attend the activities from the fact that the festival [inaudible] in parts of India. So maybe we can use this is a [piece] also for our festival event.

So we will get a [committed] approach from staff in the next meeting. And with that, then we will go ahead. Are there any comments?

All right. So next was the APRALO outreach. So last meeting, we had decided that Siranush would be [inaudible] to the government. But the ALSes in India [inaudible]. So that has been done. The letter has been delivered about two and a half, three weeks back. But we do not have any response just now. Our government [inaudible] but I will [inaudible]

---

will be early next week. I'll be talking to the [GP] and telling him the [reminder] so that we get [an answer] either way.

We can [inaudible]. In the [inaudible] yesterday [inaudible] on the list. We had about seven ALSes being interested at Hyderabad [inaudible] coming on their own.

So on the session for capacity building, [it's definitely] on. And we will be asking Tijani [inaudible] to set up this session. As of now, we hope to have [inaudible] but [inaudible] I am optimistic. Plus some people have [some concerns] in this last [inaudible]. For example, I will be [inaudible] China. I'm sure we will be sending a couple of people. So I think we [inaudible] at least [inaudible] APRALO ALS [what activity]. [inaudible] might also have some of the local community's [inaudible] there is not government support with them. And [inaudible] talking about [inaudible] in the session.

So this is what I have right now for the APRALO outreach. Silvia, Gisella, do you have any update on this before I move on to Maureen?

Okay. So we'll move to Maureen now. Maureen, go ahead.

MAUREEN HILYARD:

Thank you, Satish. Just about the sessions that you mentioned with the ALSes, and looking at Tijani's model, you've had a meeting with Tijani about that, the sessions he ran in Marrakesh, haven't you? Satish?

SATISH BABU:

Sorry, I didn't catch the last part, Maureen.

---

MAUREEN HILYARD: Yeah. You had a meeting with Tijani about the sessions that they ran in Marrakesh?

SATISH BABU: Yes, we had a meeting in Helsinki with Tijani. Tijani has agreed [inaudible] that we would draw on his experience in Marrakesh. And, in fact, in Marrakesh, Tijani [inaudible] and [inaudible] that he will be able also help with this session. So the session [is on]. Our staff [inaudible] for it. So [inaudible] the capacity building session focus only on the ALSes. So my answer at this point, although it's not final, that it's not only for the India ALSes. It is for the entire APRALO community who's there. And the sessions are [inaudible] nature, because to build the capacity for ALSes to improve their performance and [bring them out of] as many [inaudible]. So how to make them active [inaudible] of the capacity building session. And [inaudible] be limited to India ALSes, or even to APRALO. It can be open to the entire [inaudible] any of the ALSes. So [inaudible] APRALO on that. So is that the question that you [inaudible] to APRALO? Okay, that's one option. [inaudible] and anyone can participate.

MAUREEN HILYARD: Okay. Yes, thank you. I just wanted to just to clarify, because you actually you mentioned Tijani in relation to outreach. It sounds really good. But I was just wondering if we might be able to have a meeting with Tijani so that he could actually let us know. Because I think that one of the things that we're going to have to do if we're going to open it

---

up is that we'll need to get it slotted into somewhere. This is a specific session. So we're going to have to make sure that there's a place for it so that people can actually attend. But we just need to know. I'd like to know and get a clearer picture of what it involved, how long it's going to take, and that sort of thing. So thank you. That's all I wanted to know, for now.

SATISH BABU: Great. So I think that a very valid point. Staff, can we slot the session into the [event] such that we have a place [for it]? I don't know if that is already requested or not. If not, then we have to request that slot.

GISELLA GRUBER: Sorry, Satish, do you mean the slot during the week to potentially put this as a morning session, prior to the meeting starting?

SATISH BABU: I'm not sure that is what [inaudible] how [far] it should be to round up [inaudible] about [inaudible] and that the session could start at 7:00 in the morning. Ideally [crosstalk] session [inaudible] time. Otherwise, it could [inaudible] prior to the regular session [inaudible].

GISELLA GRUBER: Satish, just with regards to the starting time, 8:30 is the earliest we can start in the morning. And we've been recommended to start at 9:00 just purely because of the transfer issues – well, not issues, but the time, 30 to 40 minutes, to get to the conference center. So the shuttles will no

---

doubt start in time for people to get there at 8:30 at the earliest. So I don't see the capacity building session starting anywhere before 8:30.

SATISH BABU: 8:30 [inaudible] so I think [inaudible] to do it from 8:30 [inaudible] the other time [inaudible] is fine.

Are there any further comments on the [inaudible] do we have a consensus about [inaudible] [to other meetings]? Because there is [inaudible] Maureen to talk about the tribal ambassadors. We have [inaudible] community coming up from different [inaudible]. Should all of them be a part of this capacity building session?

MAUREEN HILYARD: Sorry, Satish, would you just repeat that, please?

SATISH BABU: [inaudible] what [inaudible] about opening up the session for the other community members from the other RALOs. Should the capacity building sessions be open to [inaudible] or to all the At-Large community members?

Okay, we have Heidi raising your hand. Go ahead, Heidi.

HEIDI ULLRICH: Thank you, Satish. And sorry it took me so long to get off of mute. Just a couple of points. The first thing, in terms of the tribal ambassadors, they're going to be attending all of the Fellow courses. So depending on

---

what time that is – and I believe they're generally in the mornings – there might be a direct conflict with the capacity building sessions and the fellowship sessions. So that's something that we may wish to keep in mind.

And secondly, in terms of the timing, starting at 8:30, that's going to be the equivalent of, let's say, 7:30 or so at normal meetings. And what we saw at the Moroccan, the Marrakesh, capacity building sessions that started very early was that everyone waited until about 30 minutes until there was a critical mass of people there. So a concern is that even if you do start at 8:30, that you're going to be waiting until almost 9:00 or so get enough people to really move forward.

So another option might be to consider something like a lunchtime academy course, where people are already there. You might have people coming in anyway who are just wandering around. And that would also open it up to the tribal ambassadors, as well. So that's something to think about. Thank you.

SATISH BABU:

All right. Thanks, Heidi. I think that's a good suggestion. [inaudible] because [inaudible] about [drag]. Maureen?

MAUREEN HILYARD:

Thank you, Satish. Yes, I think that can be a real problem, if you're trying to get anything started before the mass of people are timetabled to arrive on the busses and shuttles and things in the morning. But the AFRALO group had their sessions during the actual meeting time. I guess

---

they started at lunchtime. And I think that we may need to think about that.

But again, also, just reiterating what Heidi said about the tribal ambassadors, they're going to be pretty busy in other things. So this would just be... Being able to attend this would probably... We don't want them to be overloaded on top of the Fellowship program that they will be attending.

If I can just do a little brief thing on them at the moment, the tribal ambassadors have been assigned to us because NARALO wants them to get an idea of the various cultures and experience the various cultures of APRALO. I think that my role is going to be mainly coordinating. I'm probably going to try – I'd like to make contact with them before Hyderabad. But also to [inaudible] some [inaudible] mentees in Hyderabad. And I may seek better support to be [inaudible] during the week scheduling, so that they get a chance to meet as many people within our RALO organization as possible. And also people with other interests, so they do get around to see as much of ICANN as possible, but with a guide.

But I think it's going to be a great opportunity for us. But, yeah, the capacity building and the outreach activities just probably need a little bit more looking into, and I'm sure we'll be fine. Thank you.

SATISH BABU:

Thanks, Maureen. I am sure it will be quite interesting, Indians meeting Indians. So is there something you are setting down, a program for the group? I'm looking at the page from NARALO to [inaudible] here. So



---

maybe, Maureen, if you can tell us if there's any [inaudible] requirement that the tribal ambassadors program required, you can tell us. And we'll [inaudible] organize.

So we should have more [inaudible]. Yeah, this is the big [crosstalk] –

MAUREEN HILYARD: [crosstalk]

SATISH BABU: Yeah, Maureen?

MAUREEN HILYARD: Sorry, there are only two of them. It's not a big group. It's only just a couple. So I don't think there's going to be too much of a hassle working with them.

SATISH BABU: All right, thanks. So now, we'll [inaudible] the capacity [inaudible]. So we have actually [inaudible] in ICANN that is the [process] of the ALAC capacity building group for outreach [inaudible] Hyderabad. I think that we are [inaudible] do we have enough people on this? Gisella [inaudible] has an update.

UNIDENTIFIED FEMALE: Hello, Satish. Can you repeat your question, please?

---

SATISH BABU: Yeah. Regarding the liaison with the other constituencies of ICANN for NGO outreach in Hyderabad.

UNIDENTIFIED FEMALE: Okay. At the moment, I don't have any updates about any outreach activities going on within other ICANN groups. But I remember we discussed the possibility – I don't know if you still have this idea – to produce some outreach with some local people in India, perhaps some students or NGOs. That could be people that APRALO would be doing outreach to. Is that something that could be done? Is it possible? Similar to like what's done in Morocco, where AFRALO invited some NGOs to participate and come into meetings. And they had the possibility to listen to some of the meetings and participate, and actually [show] them joined AFRALO afterwards. So I would like to suggest that, if that is a possibility. That would be good outreach for APRALO.

SATISH BABU: Okay, thanks for that. I have a position on this. There is an [inaudible] from the International [inaudible] of Information Technology. It is about 30 minutes away from the ICANN venue. And in fact, this is the place where we are having the India School of Internet Governance also. It's [inaudible] school for information technology-related [inaudible]. There are [a lot of] students there. And I can coordinate [with the] students to come over to ICANN. And I think some of the meetings, some of our people – maybe one or two people – can go to different [groups] and talk to the students there.

---

[inaudible] be needing to organize this group [we want]. So now the person is [inaudible] we can coordinate this with any other part of ICANN. So I will just put it down as an activity. And if there needs to be any coordination with the [inaudible] or other parts of ICANN, we can maybe work it out.

So are there any comments on any of the [inaudible]? We have now gone to agenda item number 3, which will all be covered by [inaudible]. Are there any other comments on the activity itself in numbers 1 to 5?

SILVIA VIVANCO: Satish, Heidi is raising her hand.

HEIDI ULLRICH: Thank you, Silvia. Satish, may I speak?

SATISH BABU: Yeah, Heidi, go ahead.

HEIDI ULLRICH: Thank you. So just some options. Rather than going out and addressing new students, we already have both the Fellows, who will have many people who identify with At-Large and civil society. And we're going to, I believe, have a fantastic Fellowship Coordinator, who will be able to coordinate very closely on this. And we also have the NextGen students, who are hand-picked in a way, or go through the ICANN process, that will be there as well.

---

So I think what I would like to see – and Siranush mentioned something that I’m going to be talking to you about in about one week more closely – is how we can coordinate much more At-Large and existing programs of the Fellows and the NextGen. So that’s something that you might wish to consider. Take advantage of those fantastic programs that ICANN already offers, rather than going out and doing outreach to a group that we might not be able to sustain afterwards. Thank you.

SATISH BABU:

All right, thanks. So we will take that suggestion. I saw another hand. Cheryl, do you want to add anything to this? I saw your hand up momentarily, but now I don’t see it.

CHERYL LANGDON-ORR:

Thank you, Satish. I did take my hand down. Heidi headed in the direction, [for the girl] that she is, that I was going to suggest.

SATISH BABU:

All right. So we now move on to sponsorship options, which we have already discussed. So [inaudible] the overall budget for the showcase, which is [inaudible], which we now have, is about total amount, we have a total of about [inaudible] 6,250 [inaudible] money. I’m not sure. Is it already available, or we have to ask for it? But in the Adobe Connect, Holly has raised a hand. Please go ahead, Holly.

---

HOLLY RAICHE:

I think I want to repeat what I said. I think that there's a whole package of things that has to happen. I think the first thing that has to happen is thinking about the actual evening showcase and the cultural event. I'd imagine that'll be some kind of dancing, but it makes a lot of sense for the really close time with the Festival of Light and maybe something that relates to that. That would be the place where we would presumably distribute some little favor. Obviously, it's not going to be expensive. The sort of thing we get in every meeting, but some little thing that probably will tie into the Festival of Light.

And then once we've got all those figures and a budget based on 150, then we can do the sponsorship. So promotional materials are really just – there's two parts to that. There's one, there's little favors. But there's, do we actually want to do anything to promote the showcase event? I'm not sure that we need to spend money on that. I think Gisella can correct me if I'm wrong. But I think even just putting showcase event in the calendar, people always come anyway. And we can just, at the next ALAC meeting, everybody can know.

So I think the task ahead of us is an all-encompassing budget, and then sponsorship. Thank you.

SATISH BABU:

Thanks, Holly. I agree. The components of the showcase that we have identified so far are: number one, the food; number two, the cultural program for about 40, 45 minutes around the theme of the Festival of Lights; and number three, promotional materials, which we have to discuss. I also see that there are two kinds of promotional materials:

---

one meant for the showcase, and one [inaudible] going to India. And there may be people who want to know more about APRALO who are the [inaudible] outside the showcase.

So we need a budget for these components. And I talked to [inaudible] of the general framework, which we will then [inaudible]. Maybe we can put it down on the wiki itself.

Maureen, please go ahead.

MAUREEN HILYARD:

Thank you, Satish. I just wanted to raise about sponsors that we are going to approach [to fund] once we finally figure out how much we need and how much we're going to have to ask for. But I just [inaudible] too it's getting down to the details. But I can agree, we usually have about ten minutes or so for little speeches and stuff. And we need to [inaudible] what we like [inaudible] there too. They might like to put up a couple of banners, or they might want to have a little two-minute spiel or something like that.

So I think that we have to be aware that, in order to get something, they'll probably want to do something. So we just have to take that into consideration, as well. Thank you.

SATISH BABU:

Yeah, thanks, Maureen. Okay. So I think the sponsorship requires a little more work on it. Once we have the budget, can we divide the sponsorship between [inaudible]. Kaili can check with ISC if there is a possibility for sponsorship. I can check with the local government. It has

---

already been proposed to the local government that they should sponsor part of the showcase. And Maureen can talk to [inaudible]. Is that okay?

MAUREEN HILYARD: That's fine.

SATISH BABU: Okay. So we can then put that down as the action item. All right. I think we have now reached the end of the agenda. We have a few more minutes if you wish. Are there any other points you want to raise? Maureen, is that an old hand?

MAUREEN HILYARD: Old hand, sorry.

SATISH BABU: Yeah, no problem. So are there any other comments anybody would like to raise?

SILVIA VIVANCO: Satish, we just have couple of comments. Thank you first for [inaudible] of how many people are planning to attend the meeting, APRALO members, with your own funding. I think that's very important, because it gives us an idea of how many people will show up to the [inaudible] also customize activities [inaudible] 20 or 50 people come in from APRALO already, we know who they are. So this means it's a very good

---

idea of the capacity building, the part of capacity building [inaudible], and even the program for the showcase from the customized. It will have a good mass of people from APRALO.

I'm thinking out loud. I remember there was a time where there was a very nice [inaudible] moment where people from the audience were asked questions about Internet governance, about APRALO. And that was very interactive and really fun for people to participate. So perhaps when we talk about the program, we can [inaudible] with interactions that I recall now. It was the moderator of the [inaudible], and it was a very interesting moment. So maybe something similar, if we have a critical mass of people from APRALO.

And once we know if the Indian ALSes are coming, that will also give us a chance to develop something more customized for the Indian ALSes. So I think those are two key points that we should know very soon, hopefully. And thank you very much, Satish, for taking the lead to obtain the [inaudible] sponsorship from the government to bring these Indian ALSes. So those are the comments. And we would [crosstalk] –

SATISH BABU:

Thanks, Silvia.

SILVIA VIVANCO:

And we will come back to you with a [inaudible] numbers so [inaudible] a spreadsheet. And we'll share with all of you so we have an idea exactly of how much money we need to fundraise. Thank you.



---

SATISH BABU:

Great. Thanks, Silvia, for suggesting [inaudible] about community [inaudible] on their own. So I think we will have to have an official that we keep on [inaudible]. And there will be [more events] coming in for the next few weeks [inaudible] finalizing their travel schedule. So [inaudible] people to get a good group of [inaudible] from APRALO from outside India. And [inaudible] funding some of them will [inaudible]. And if there is funding for [inaudible] how to [access] it.

So I think that's it from my side. Are there any other comments? Last comments?

I don't see any. So thank you, all, for participating in this call. Maybe we can have another call in about two weeks' time. Is that okay? All right. Okay. So I request staff to organize the next call in about a couple weeks' time. So thanks again to everybody for participating. Have a great day. Bye-bye.

YEŞİM NAZLAR:

The meeting is now adjourned, and all of you now will be disconnected. Thank you very much, everyone, for your participation, and have a lovely rest of the day. Bye-bye.

**[END OF TRANSCRIPTION]**