

Michelle DeSmyter:Welcome to the Review of all Rights Protection Mechanisms (RPMs) TMCH Sub team Meeting WG held on Friday, 05 August 2016 at 15:00 UTC for 60 minutes.

Grace Mutung'u:Hi everyone

Grace Mutung'u:I'm sorry I'm having problems with my mic

Mary Wong:The document that is on the screen is the updated scoping document Kurt is mentioning

Kathy:Hi Grace, please feel free to type...

Kathy:or would you like a local number to dial in on?

Kristine:Sorry I'm late, dialing in now.

Grace Mutung'u:thanks Kathy. I don't think I can dial in from Nairobi

Kurt Pritz:Can we dial out to Grace?

Grace Mutung'u:Its okay, I will type

Kathy:Tx Mary!

Kathy:Publicly available information - list/links back to the WG - as a first step. Great!

Grace Mutung'u:what about users of TMCH? They may have practical experiences on what they could /could not find at TMCHs

Kathy:+1 Grace

Mary Wong:@Kurt, that is something David and I are working with our GDD colleagues to sift through

Kristine:I'm getting a horrible background noise like chirping

khouloud Dawahi: we should go no for the public information available on the internet and try to outreach other mostly the registrars

khouloud Dawahi:me too kristine

Mary Wong:@Kathy, @Khouloud, should this Sub Team reach out to registrars, registries and users at this stage?

Kathy: NO!

khouloud Dawahi: I think that meeting the trademark house should be done by the WG call not the sub team group as it s role is to collecte available public information .Is nt that the essential role of the sub team ?@Mary yes we should as i said in the chat previously .Yes for the registrars and registries at this stage not the trademark house .I dont know if you agree with me

khouloud Dawahi:@Kathy No about what I didnt understand ??

khouloud Dawahi:@kathy yes that s what i said it s up to the WG group call to contact the trademark house not the sub team

Kathy:+Khouloud - my emphatic "no" was to the idea of meeting privately with the TMCH through the WG.

Kathy:+1 Khouloud I would agree that the whole WG needs to meet with TMCH

Kathy:@Kurt: do you think there is "publicly-available information" from registries and registrars on the sunrise and

TM?

Kathy:TM claims?

Kathy:@Grace: what type of materials would you like to gather from users? What type of questions?

khouloud Dawahi:thanks dear kathy yes i fear that we may go astray if we contact the TMH as our essential role is to gather data not to assess them .It is up to the WG to assess them but i think we should contact registries and registrars @kathy

Grace Mutung'u:@ Kathy, their view on the CH procedures....gaps...

Kathy:@Mary: to Notes: and also what might be privately available reports to ICANN that could be "redacted" or otherwise shared in some form or other

Kristine:Kurt, I like that.

Kristine:We should really start with our question list before dragging anyone else in

Kristine:I understand that point, Kathy

Kathy:@Mary: where does our list of publicly-available documents stand?

Kathy:@Mary: is there a Q&A on Analysis Group?

Kristine:I think looking at the report will be very helpful in determining what we still need to look for.

khouloud Dawahi:not at all kathy

khouloud Dawahi:yes

khouloud Dawahi:kathy

Grace Mutung'u:yes, certainly

khouloud Dawahi:@kurt hhhhhhhhhh

Kathy: Tx Khouloud and Grace!

khouloud Dawahi:you re most welcome kathy

Mary Wong:@Kurt, @Kristine - we will be happy to do that, and guidance from the Sub TEam would be great so we're not starting from zero

Kristine:Exactly, Mary. We need to provide guidance and that is a good use of this subteam's time.

khouloud Dawahi: I think that google searches can be helpful as well

Kristine:khouloud, what specific searches do you recommend?

Kristine:Agree with document lists and summary, NOT analysis.

khouloud Dawahi:i think we should look for registrars inputs , i found a google input doc related to the TMH so , it could be helpful actually @kristine

Mary Wong:@Khouloud please send it to the list. As noted earlier, we are not reaching out to registrars at this point.

khouloud Dawahi:@Mary ok i will send it to the sub team or should i send it to the sub team and WG as well ??,

Mary Wong:Just the sub team for now, I think, as we are

compiling the list

Kathy:In notes: Compare TMCH's Monthly report against publicly available data to see if it is comprehensive.

khouloud Dawahi:@mary ok i will send the report i found after the call

Kristine:Thanks, Khouloud. I agree we should archive that for when we get there.

Kurt Pritz:I'd like to see the report Khouloud found also.

Kristine:Sorry, time is up so i'll put my hand down. I propose we spend the week on the list generating some questions and we can use next week to review the question list.

Kristine:yes

Kristine:Will do.

Kurt Pritz:Agenda item 2: the sub-team can provide edits to the Analysis Q&A doc so it can be included in what we present to the RPM WG

khouloud Dawahi:@kristine welcome @kurt yes will send it to the group i hope it would be helpful as it provided the opinion of a registrar .I didnt send it back then because it was to early .

Kristine:Thanks to staff!

Mary Wong:@Kurt, got it, thanks

Michelle DeSmyter:Sub team wiki space:

<https://community.icann.org/x/UQCsAw>

khouloud Dawahi:Thank you all

David Tait:Thank you all

Grace Mutung'u:thnaks all

khouloud Dawahi:bye