

## Adobe Connect chat transcript for Wednesday, 20 July 2016

Terri Agnew:Welcome to the GNSO Next-Gen RDS PDP Working Group teleconference held on Wednesday, 20 July 2016 at 05:00

Benny Samuelsen / Nordreg AB:Good morning everyone!

Maxim Alzoba (FAITID):Hello Everyone

Maxim Alzoba (FAITID):will not be able to use mic this time

Terri Agnew:Hi Maxim, if a dial out on the telephone is needed, please let me know

Maxim Alzoba (FAITID):ok

Chuck Gomes:Hi all.

Vlad Dinculescu:Hi all

Alex Deacon:Hello everyone...

Michele Neylon:having issues with my line - dialling back in

Fabricio Vayra:Hello

Dick Leaning:Morning

Tapani Tarvainen:This is good time for me, too.

Marika Konings:If you didn't complete the doodle poll yet, please go to

<http://doodle.com/poll/zezbghrmwvtdma>

Benny Samuelsen / Nordreg AB:Completed now

Marika Konings:FYI, the GNSO Council is expected to discuss ICANN57 schedule on its call on Thursday so hopefully there will be clarity shortly after that.

Lisa Phifer:Link to work in progress on Etherpad: <https://etherpad.wikimedia.org/p/gnsor-ds-pbstatement-0>

marksv:Please read and send email feedback if you aren't able to edit in the pad - thx

Alex Deacon:Thanks again to Lisa and Susan for doing this - super helpful!

Fabricio Vayra:Loads of work here, thanks Lisa and Susan!

Chuck Gomes:Mark: Please let me jump ahead of you.

Lisa Phifer:Mark hold that thought for a minute, we'll get to questions shortly

marksv:oops, sorry chuck

marksv:lol

Stephanie Perrin:this is indeed a lot of work. For those of us who are klutzes with Excel, manipulating the data is not going to be possible. I trust that our remarks and discussion point are not going to be ignored, because we are not talking in terms of the grid.

Olévié [NPOC]:Good morning from Lomé, Togo

Kal Feher:I apologise if this was already pointed out elsewhere, but people should note that the spreadsheet appeared to have some filters enabled in the Group column. So be sure to "select all" at least initially.

Olévié [NPOC]:Echo

Maxim Alzoba (FAITID):Stupid question: are we going to integrate outreach responses from SGs at some step?

Lisa Phifer:Maxim, yes draft 4 will include any additional possible requirements that come from outreach - including those collected already in Helsinki

Maxim Alzoba (FAITID):thanks... in my experience - sorting of material is better to do after inclusion of all material

Maxim Alzoba (FAITID):items

Maxim Alzoba (FAITID):we might use key of [outreach letter #2 for \_\_SG]

Michele Neylon:somebody needs to mute their line

Olévié [NPOC]:Echo

Fabricio Vayra:@Stphanie, bc it was written in the documents  
Lisa Phifer:@Maxim, every source will be added to the document list and given a unique number  
Susan Kawaguchi:it is a keyword  
Olévié [NPOC]:Noises from Chuck's microphone  
Fabricio Vayra:And those were put into the document  
Stephanie Perrin:Why exactly is it a keyword?  
Alex Deacon:@stephanie - its a way to categorize (organize? group?) the possible requirements.  
Michele Neylon:basically it's a taxonomy?  
Fabricio Vayra:Good explanation, Mark  
Lisa Phifer:Groups are words found in several possible requirements  
Benny Samuelsen / Nordreg AB:echo  
Fabricio Vayra:@Stphanie, nothing is "pulled out", it's a keyword/tag for filtering  
marksv:It's okay to question or object to either (a) a specific groupname/keyword or (b) whether that groupname/keyword applies to a specific row  
Alex Deacon:@stephanie - we are enabling the requirements to be sorted - if the reader wants to sort them.  
Susan Kawaguchi:absolutely agree but we have to start somewhere  
Lisa Phifer:additional values can be added throughout deliberations as needed  
marksv:it sounds like you are questioning the use of groupnames/keywords, rather than the specific names/words themselves  
Stephanie Perrin:This is a framework.  
Fabricio Vayra:+1 Chuck.  
Susan Kawaguchi:she is questioning my bias  
Stephanie Perrin:We all have bias Susan. Absent an analytical framework that has some rigour, there will be bias.  
Lisa Phifer:there are many possible requirements that are similar to each other - we used groups to flag those similarities but additional groups can be added at any time  
Susan Kawaguchi:@Stephanie I absolutely agree with you on bias  
Susan Kawaguchi:but we have to start somewhere  
Ayden Férdeline:+1 to Stephanie's comments. It is inevitable that these keywords are going to shape our thinking, intentionally or unintentionally – and I think that is something we should be discussing in this stage of our work, not in our deliberation stage, if we are going to use these very groupings in our deliberations. I don't think we should go through all 100 pages collectively on a call, but if someone identifies a possible requirement that is mischaracterised, or would like to add new keywords, I would hope that could be addressed now.  
Susan Kawaguchi:and in deliberation you can triage and change the tags/keywords  
marksv:A document can belong to many groups/keywords  
Fabricio Vayra:+1 Michele  
Michele Neylon:did I lose the audio?  
Michele Neylon:or is nobody speaking?  
Stephanie Perrin:What does Y, INternalization refer to?  
Susan Kawaguchi:Internationalization of the registrant data  
Lisa Phifer:All PRs that describe possible requirements on internationalized data, translation or transliteration  
Stephanie Perrin:OK there is a typo then in the key  
Fabricio Vayra:+1 David. Well said.  
Stephanie Perrin:what is access violation ?  
Lisa Phifer:yes typo, will fix

Susan Kawaguchi:if someone violates the terms of access  
Kal Feher:bear in mind that this is all for assisting us in quickly locating useful information amongst at least 800 items. The grouping doesnt assign any value or restrictions to the requirement.  
Stephanie Perrin:Where did that come from? Which documents?  
Susan Kawaguchi:you may find it more understandable to read the PR and then look at the key  
Stephanie Perrin:This is the framework on which we are going to analyse all our documents, It had better be right.  
Alex Deacon:The groups are a great start - we do not need to develop rigorous analytical framework to do our job here.  
Olévié [NPOC]:+1 @Chuck  
Fabricio Vayra:+1 Chuck  
marksv:I assume that any document at this stage contains errors and omissions. We'll have to use our defined processes to make edits as we discover them  
Stephanie Perrin:I dont seem to be having any success in editing the framework, so good luck with that.  
Olévié [NPOC]:@Stephanie : you work a lot ! Wow ! Banzai !  
Olévié [NPOC]:Keep up the great work !  
Chuck Gomes:@ Stephanie: Can you suggest a way to edit the framework that won't take several weeks and that you think the WG will support?  
Stephanie Perrin:We need an organizing principle to start with. I will get back to you tomorrow Chuck.  
Benny Samuelsen / Nordreg AB:supposed to be schared any from Michele now?  
Chuck Gomes:Sounds good Stephanie.  
Fabricio Vayra:@Stephanie - Thanks for volunteering to do that  
Stephanie Perrin:This is totally ad hoc, would be impossible to defend as a dissertation, I can tell you that much.....:-)  
Kal Feher:I think some of us have differing levels of comfort in using tags/keywords to help search or index information. So we are more willing to accept gaps or biases. These are search aids only. If you are concerned about missed or diluted requirements, then we should tag those as appropriate.  
Fabricio Vayra:Couldn't agree more, Kal.  
Chuck Gomes:Can people here me?  
Fabricio Vayra:No, Chuck  
Kal Feher:I'm hearing michelle  
Fabricio Vayra:ditto  
Chuck Gomes:Michele - please take the lead  
Terri Agnew:@Chuck, you hae disconnected on audio  
Chuck Gomes:I will dial in again  
Olévié [NPOC]:Please Who is the active speaker  
Marika Konings:Michele Neylon is speaking  
Terri Agnew:@Michele, your audio is clear  
Fabricio Vayra:hear you fine, Michelle  
Olévié [NPOC]:@Chuck : please, noises comes from your mic. Pay attention  
Beth Allegretti 2:I can hear  
marksv:clear  
Chuck Gomes:I am back  
Olévié [NPOC]:This is case of issues : transfer between registrars  
Olévié [NPOC]:Thak you Marika  
marksv:clear  
Fabricio Vayra:very clear, Michele  
Olévié [NPOC]:+A Michelle

Olévié [NPOC]:1  
Marina Lewis:thanks, Michele - very clear, not boring :)  
Stephanie Perrin:How and when do we decide whether they are primary or secondary?  
Maxim Alzoba (FAITID):it might be useful to look at the generic domain lifecycle and to see what steps require info  
Ayden Férdeline:What were the proposed new fields for the use cases? I don't recall reading such an email.  
Lisa Phifer:@Stephanie - deliberation  
Lisa Phifer:@Ayden - Andrew suggested several items -- scroll down in the displayed template  
Ayden Férdeline:Ah, thanks  
Fabricio Vayra:Very clear, Michele. Thanks.  
Ayden Férdeline:I would support the inclusion of Andrew's fields in the template.  
Olévié [NPOC]:Not the what but the how  
Stephanie Perrin:data protection law re registration is not outside this pdp  
Olévié [NPOC]:is necessary  
Stephanie Perrin:Good for you, that is exactly the kind of security we are looking for!!!  
marksv:yes  
marksv:will do  
Stephanie Perrin:You choose your provider based on a number of factors...openness re data protection practices being only one.  
Lisa Phifer:Could volunteers provide a one-line summary of the case they are working on so that others know and may choose different use cases  
Olévié [NPOC]:will be on travel from today for 6 days  
Stephanie Perrin:how will they determine what is a valid use?  
Olévié [NPOC]:Apologies for the next meeting  
Olévié [NPOC]:will be on the roads  
Olévié [NPOC]:sorry  
Terri Agnew:@Olevie, apology will be noted for the 26 July meeting  
Olévié [NPOC]:Great meeting !  
Lisa Phifer:note that use cases may be developed for uses that you consider invalid as well as valid, if it is a use of registration data you would would like to see deterred  
Olévié [NPOC]:Thanks Terry  
Fabricio Vayra:Thanks, Chuck!  
Marina Lewis:Thanks everyone  
Beth Allegretti 2:Thanks everyone!  
Farell FOLLY:I will if i can help on the use cases  
Olévié [NPOC]:Thanks Chuck. Bye to you all; have a nice day  
marksv:bye  
Maxim Alzoba (FAITID):bye all  
Wanawit Ahkuputra:Thank you all  
Stephanie Perrin:Thanks! Evening all...  
Vlad Dinculescu:Thanks all  
Patrick Lenihan:Thanks for the informative discussion!  
Ayden Férdeline:thanks all  
Farell FOLLY:ok. bye bye all