
GISELLA GRUBER: Thank you. We'll now officially start the recording as well as interpretation, thank you.

Good morning, good afternoon, and good evening to everyone. Welcome to the ALAC subcommittee on outreach and engagement on Thursday the 16th of June at 18:00 UTC.

On the English channel, we have Dev Anand Teelucksingh, Olivier Crépin-Leblond, Wolf Ludwig, Daniel Nanghaka, Siranush Vardanyan, Alan Greenberg, Cheryl Landon-Orr, Remmy Nweke, Tijani Ben Jemaa, Maureen Hilyard.

On the Spanish channel we have Harold Arcos, and no one yet on the French channel.

Apologies noted from Remmy Nweke.

From staff we have Heidi Ullrich and myself, Gisella Gruber.

Our interpreters this evening are Camila and Claire on the French channel, and I believe Veronica on the Spanish channel.

If I could please remind everyone to please state their names when speaking, not only for transcript purposes, but also to allow our interpreters to identify you on the other language channel. And to speak at a reasonable speed to allow for accurate interpretation. Thank you very much and over to you Dev.

Note: The following is the output resulting from transcribing an audio file into a word/text document. Although the transcription is largely accurate, in some cases may be incomplete or inaccurate due to inaudible passages and grammatical corrections. It is posted as an aid to the original audio file, but should not be treated as an authoritative record.

DEV ANAND TEELUCKSINGH: Thank you Gisella. This is Dev Anand, and welcome everyone to the outreach and engagement call. Our key focus for this call, which was, I suspect, long overdue, was to have a view of our outreach activities at the upcoming ICANN 56 meeting in Helsinki, Finland.

So, currently so we have a Wiki page setup, to try and document what our intents are in terms of outreach activities that we want to do. On the last outreach and engagement call, we had a very beginning discussion to say that, okay, we will have two sessions, outreach will be targeted, actually three sessions. Two sessions on Monday and one on Tuesday evening.

After discussions on the last one, it was felt that it wouldn't make sense to try to do an outside outreach event. So we would use the outreach to have a meeting with Next Gen, and then a meeting with the ICANN fellows. And then on the Tuesday, it will be more of a meet and greet that could be held more in coordination with other social events happening that same day as ISOC, I believe, Internet Society event, that's all being taking place.

But our key focus is the Monday events. And I put on the Wiki pages up on the Adobe Connect room. And the idea behind it was that, okay, we have two sessions. One from 9:45 to 12 noon, which is 75 minutes, and that's with the NextGen persons. Now the NextGen persons are, I would say, I would describe those as relative newcomers to ICANN, this may be their first ICANN meeting.

And so the kind of suggested agenda, I hope people can scroll and see the screen, is to well, have an introduction and a welcome, introduction

to At-Large and within that introduction, we describe what is the At-Large community, and what are the RALOs. And what I was thinking was that the fact, you know, different regional members can speak up and do a presentation about what each of the five RALOs are doing, or what they are about.

And then, what is the ALAC? The next item would be some of the key work being done by the At-Large ALAC. And I'm thinking, you know, some of the key topic areas, and of course I would want feedback on this, probably on the IANA transition, cross community working group on accountability, the new gTLD subsequent procedures.

And as examples of them, some of the policy work that the ALAC and At-Large are working on. And then finally, then why At-Large? Why should you join At-Large, and how do you join At-Large? You know, and what was suggested by Glenn and Siranush was, we highlight certain persons that are involved with end user concerns in their region, or in their particular policy field, and how they could just help as a further, you know, just help them get involved with social media, just help follow the At-Large social media accounts etc.

And then a Q&A for all 15 minutes. So, what are the...? So the floor is open to any thoughts or comments as to the suggested agenda. Alan.

ALAN GREENBERG:

Thank you. It's a great agenda. My question is, do we have people who are going to present all of these and do the prep work ahead of time? We don't have an awful lot of time left between now and Helsinki.

DEV ANAND TEELUCKSINGH: Thanks Alan. This is Dev. And indeed, we don't have much time. I'm thinking one thing could happen would be to create the Google presentations to help, to get a sub-team working on putting together the slides between now and the Monday. My key challenge would be, I'm thinking the outreach and engagement subcommittee can't talk about the first part, the introduction to At-Large part.

I think it would probably need assistance, even from you Alan, or somebody else, who are involved in the IANA transition cross community working group accountability, someone involved in the gTLD subsequent procedures in the GNSO, to help speak to that aspect of it. So, do you have any suggestions as to who could...?

And it doesn't have to be formal slides, it could just be a, you know, a discussion format, for just bringing up that work. Any further thoughts or comments on that Alan?

ALAN GREENBERG: If you're asking me, I thought you would be, from what your initial description was, you would be raising the topics saying, you know, we are looking at things such as, new gTLDs. I wasn't expecting a, that you were looking for a five minute presentation on each of those, otherwise the time is going to disappear rather quickly.

So, I would have thought, at most, you would have someone, you know, getting a one sentence description of what those are, if the people don't

know, other than that, not going into any depth. Maybe I misunderstood you.

DEV ANAND TEELUCKSINGH: No, this is Dev. I'm leaving it, you know... I think that is probably a better approach. I'm just saying that perhaps then, one slide of them. So if you're thinking one slides or two slides, and perhaps an update on, as you say, just those key topics, are those topics enough? Is there something else that needs to be mentioned in those slides? [CROSSTALK]

ALAN GREENBERG: You need to add RDS WHOIS to it, but other than that, that's probably right.

DEV ANAND TEELUCKSINGH: Okay. RDS WHOIS. All right. Okay. Just reading some comments here on the chat. Heidi was suggesting that a lot of time be left for questions, less on presentations. Okay, that's why I left a Q&A of 15 minutes, because I'm thinking, I did put suggested times here. 25 minutes for the introduction to At-Large, and maybe we can cut down of the key working done by the At-Large ALAC to 15 minutes.

And then just pretend it's a why At-Large, how to join At-Large and how. And then leave a lot of time for Q&A and for that part. Okay. Any other comments on this?

Okay, thank you. Seeing nobody really objecting to the agenda and the general layout of it, all right. So my next, so I think what we do have to do is then begin doing these, putting together a Google presentations, just so we can all work together collaboratively on this. And I'm suggesting for the outreach and engagement members, we can work really closely on the introduction to At-Large, and the why At-Large message there.

With regards to the work being done by the At-Large ALAC, can somebody help put together a slide as to what is happening in terms of the IANA transition, accountability, gTLD subsequent procedures, and the WHOIS? Because... Is there a volunteer that can help put together a slide or two on that? And who will be able to at least speak to it?

I'm thinking somebody from the ALT could do it, but...

ALAN GREENBERG:

Dev, it's Alan. I would assume there is so much going on right now in overviews and prep for the ICANN meeting, that there must be slide decks the staff have that they can just pull a couple of the key lines out of. I'm not sure we need to reinvent the wheel here.

DEV ANAND TEELUCKSINGH:

I agree. But somebody just then needs to do that. So are you suggesting staff should do that?

ALAN GREENBERG:

I'm suggesting that I think that's reasonable, staff may not agree.

DEV ANAND TEELUCKSINGH: Well, because I am not following all of those, probably not even aware of all of the presentations and so forth, then perhaps, or perhaps then staff can assist with coming up with those slides, then can I get a comment from Heidi on that?

ALAN GREENBERG: She says there is a lot of infographics that can be used. I'm not sure we even need infographics, but I'm happy to leave that to her.

HEIDI ULLRICH: So yeah, Dev, quickly. What were the topics? I mean, did you want...? For the NextGen, I would keep it very general. What were the topics that you needed assistance with?

DEV ANAND TEELUCKSINGH: Okay. This is Dev. It's regarding the second part of the agenda, which is the, some of the key work being done by the At-Large ALAC, as to what we're doing. And I just wanted to highlight the ALAC and At-Large's police work. That's what can be done in the policy update webinar, I don't know, maybe you have those slides already.

HEIDI ULLRICH: Yeah, exactly [inaudible]...

DEV ANAND TEELUCKSINGH: So perfect.

HEIDI ULLRICH: So, done. So basically what we can do, since I have one slide that I'm using for policy and process issues for the policy webinar, and then Ariel perhaps can do another slide that goes into it in detail. So you know, two slides would be okay. Would that be okay?

DEV ANAND TEELUCKSINGH: Yeah. Again, we want to keep it, as you said, we're not trying to overwhelm them with a policy presentation, detailed thing. It's just to give them an idea what is involved in terms of policy work. And I did want to introduce... And the reason why I didn't want to introduce things like working groups and so forth, I figured we don't really need to get into that regarding the NextGen. But that was my thought on that.

Okay, great. So, Tijani, go ahead.

TIJANI BEN JEMAA: Thank you very much Dev. Tijani speaking. I think that for the NextGen, we cannot be very deep in our presentations, because they are newcomers. So it will be informative than other thing. So I think that the slides must be very general, to give them the information that things are changing in ICANN, we are now having... We don't have any more oversight of the US government, and we have no mechanisms of accountability, because ICANN should remain accountable to its community.

Things like this, but not very detailed. And this also can be done, I think.

DEV ANAND TEELUCKSINGH: Thanks Tijani. This is Dev. I agree. I mean, the parts about what are the At-Large community, I mean, I think I'm going to look for, you know, look in outreach materials and see what we have, just to put together the one slide showing, you know, the 15 member ALAC committee and so forth, things like that. Alan, go ahead.

ALAN GREENBERG: Thank you. Just a side note, in any presentation, do not presume the transition will have. You don't know who is in any meeting and who is going to report on it, and we don't need to give the impression that we're complacent and it will automatically happen. We can be optimistic, but... [CROSSTALK]

CHERYL LANGDON-ORR: ...absolutely essential.

DEV ANAND TEELUCKSINGH: So, there you go. Very well, indeed. Heidi, your hand is raised.

HEIDI ULLRICH: Yes, thank you Dev. Just a couple of thoughts on reading the comments. Dev, I definitely can help you with this working with Ariel on producing just a small deck of slides. There is a great slide that we used that has a structure, organizational structure of At-Large, that can be an

opening slide, etc. You could dive in deep. I have a lot of briefing decks that I could give to you, and the two of you can work on that.

And then in terms of the infographics, there a lot of new ones that you may have seen, that deal with ICANN in general, the multistakeholder model, so you can point out where At-Large fits in, etc. So, I can send those links to you and you can select which ones you'd like.

DEV ANAND TEELUCKSINGH: Certainly. This is Dev, and that will be welcomed. And what I would probably will do is just make the presentations, I'll make the link up, a link that anybody can [inaudible] and yourselves even, can start editing and adding text and so forth. So okay, great.

Okay, Cheryl... Anything else Heidi? Cheryl, go ahead.

CHERYL LANGDON-ORR: Thanks Dev. Cheryl for the record. Can I just make a plea that we keep this very light? And by that, the more just an infographic, or a slide to be used as a background, and someone briefly speaks not to the slide, but this, this is an opportunity. This is who we are, this is what we do. Yeah, we try to engage these people, not bore them rigid.

And by Tuesday, I'm sure they have lost count how many exposures to handle these somewhat repetitious slides, that they have seen. [Inaudible] and we've had preparatory meeting before. You know, we want to attract them, not you know, make them feel that this is yet another lecture.

So as long as we are interactive, rather than prescriptive, that would be good.

DEV ANAND TEELUCKSINGH: Okay. This is Dev. I agree with that. And that's, yeah. Tick marks from Heidi and Alan and so forth. Okay. Any other thoughts, or comments, or something else that should be mentioned in this when talking to the NextGens?

Okay. All right. Very well. Okay. So I think we can... So one of the action items is to, well, start work with the technology related infographics, especially the slides, you know, from IANA transition, accountability, something from the policy webinar update. That type of material. And then I will post a link to a Google presentation, so that all of us can start working on the slides.

And let's try, as they say, keep it light. You know, just use the slides as a backdrop without lots of text or anything like that. And okay.

Okay, well then let's move now to the second session that's happening on Monday. And again, I hope everybody has scroll ability, and that's the afternoon session with the Fellows. So this is from 13:30 to 15:00, so it's 90 minutes instead of 75 minutes. And the target audience will be the ICANN Fellows, which is 35 persons, and these, I would say, are more seasoned alumni.

They have been to more than one ICANN face to face meeting. So I was thinking, we could do a little bit, change the agenda a little bit. Not worry about, you know, actually understand what ICANN is, but rather

jump into you know, the At-Large work that we are doing, in terms of policy advice we are giving, how we give policy advice, and then give just an overview like what our working groups, where there are opportunities for participation.

And then, again, how to join. You know, what's the process to get involved, the benefits, outline the benefits of joining, which probably would be the same material as for the NextGen crowd. And again, leave a lot of time for Q&A.

Any thoughts...? And any comments or suggestion regarding this draft agenda for this one session with the Fellows? Alan?

ALAN GREENBERG:

Yeah, thank you. We use the word join a lot in these sessions. And I think we need to be a little bit careful about what we mean by join. For most of the RALOs, the only formal way to join is to go form an ALS. And we all, you know, appreciate that sometimes that's all goodness, and sometimes it's a sham. Two RALOs have individual members, the others are contemplating it, but in addition to all of that, our mailing lists are open.

Anyone can start participating in mailing lists, or joining working groups without an affiliation to At-Large as such, other than an emotional one. And I think we should point out that people can start getting involved in the processes, in the discussions, without having to be a card carrying member as such.

I know that's a radical idea from some people's point of view, but it is the reality today. And I'm not sure why we should hide it. Thank you.

DEV ANAND TEELUCKSINGH: Okay. Well, this is Dev. I can appreciate that sentiment. Perhaps we can rephrase the word join At-Large structure, then how to participate. As Cheryl says, or perhaps you can engage with At-Large. You know, how to engage with At-Large. Okay...

ALAN GREENBERG: That's much better wording, thank you.

DEV ANAND TEELUCKSINGH: Yeah. Okay, great. Any other thoughts or comments on this part? And I believe, this is Dev again. I believe we've already had previous capacity building sessions on working groups, and I'm fairly certain there was a capacity building session on that. And we can borrow one or two slides from that just to highlight, you know, the various working groups and so forth.

Okay. Any other comments? I see Heidi mentioned there were two capacity building sessions. Right, exactly. I believe, yes, Heidi gave one and then Heidi and Cheryl gave another one. Or Olivier gave the other one. So we have material to build on. It's not something we have to totally draw from scratch.

So, and again, we can leave a lot of Q&A, and perhaps, you know, with the Fellows, just to be able to answer any comments or questions with

that. Okay? All right. Any other comments, or ideas, or something else that we should be speaking with in terms of with the Fellows?

Okay. Seeing... All right. Olivier, please go ahead.

OLIVIER CRÉPIN-LEBLOND: Thanks very much Dev. It's Olivier Crépin-Leblond speaking. And whilst we're speaking about presentations and so on, you obviously need to make an area for them to be able to download the presentation whenever they wish to. And we need to have that ready before we speak to them. It's probably the most common question that we get asked, is like, oh can we get this presentation from somewhere?

So if we can point it to them there and then, that would be great. We could also have other presentations in there. So even some presentations that were not making, or some slide decks that we're not using, any additional information, any of, I don't know, beginner's guides, or any of the stuff that we don't want to give them on the USB stick, but we would need on the... Thank you.

DEV ANAND TEELUCKSINGH: Thanks Olivier. One of the things that we'll probably will do for these slides, would be to emphasize our, you know, our social media, where they could follow a lot of the At-Large activity, you know, on Twitter, on Facebook. So we'll probably be Tweeting, you know, the material, the presentations and so forth.

So yes, and you're right, there is a lot of material to, but you know, yeah. So we could point links to them and so forth. You mentioned

something about USB flash drives, and actually that's a good point. That's a concern. Was there a planning or intent to actually have given to these NextGen and Fellows? In terms of folders or anything of that sort?

USB sticks, and we're going to give them USB flash drives of material, or...? Okay, we can prepare this for them. All right, and they're bringing lots of USB drives. Okay. So there is an opportunity there to put a lot of material on these USB flash drives.

Okay. All right. Any other thoughts or comments on this? And again, what I'm planning to do is put the same on Google, Google presentation here, so you can structure this session in terms of slides, and again, you can incorporate the materials from previous capacity building sessions, and so forth.

All right. Let's see. Any other thoughts, comments, observations, something else to be speaking to about the Fellows? Okay, emphasis on let's paper material and let's focus on the flash drives. I have no problem with that. Okay.

Well, let's see. Just waiting to see if there is any additional comments or thoughts. All right? So regarding the Tuesday session, I presume everything is well in hand for that, for Tuesday, because I think it was more just logistics in terms of organizing the room, there would be a meet and greet, you know, very light range, very light refreshments.

Perhaps I don't staff, I don't know if Olivier has anything, has a brief update as to what is happening in that Tuesday session?

OLIVIER CRÉPIN-LEBLOND: Thank you. It's Olivier speaking, Olivier Crépin-Leblond speaking. And what I understand is that this, are you speaking about the afternoon session or the evening sorry?

DEV ANAND TEELUCKSINGH: The evening session, yes. The social meet and greet event that was taking place.

OLIVIER CRÉPIN-LEBLOND: Thanks Dev. It's Olivier speaking. Heidi has got full details of that, but what I understand so far is that there is a larger event taking place, and we would have a corner of that room. We might have a separate microphone, and we can just say a few words as well during that time. But Heidi has got her hand up, maybe she could provide us with more reliable information?

DEV ANAND TEELUCKSINGH: Okay. Heidi, thanks Olivier, this is Dev. Heidi, go ahead.

HEIDI ULLRICH: Yes, thank you Dev. So as Olivier mentioned, there is going to be a joint EURALO and Civil Society engagement contact group event, it's a networking event. It will be in a well-marked corner of the same room which the president and CEO networking or cocktails will take place, on Tuesday evening between 18:30 and 19:30.

And it is open to all. And there will be some mics, roving mics available, if people want to talk about their various groups, etc. And yes, we're going to be inviting the NextGen and the Fellows to that event. Thank you.

DEV ANAND TEELUCKSINGH: Great. Okay. All right, thanks Heidi. Olivier, you have...?

OLIVIER CRÉPIN-LEBLOND: Yes, thanks very much Dev. It's Olivier speaking. So I have a question for Heidi on this setup, because I understand that this will be a cocktail so there will be drinks passed around and so on. Are we going to have like a bar with a counter? Or are people walking around with drinks?

And the reason why I'm asking is that, this will be a marked area, so I gather there will be some kind of a velvet rope or something that will rope this off whilst keeping a wide enough entrance so that people can walk in and out of it. If the bar is at the other end of the room, we are likely to be speaking ourselves, or have very few people hanging about there.

So depending, you know... How would all of these be setup?

HEIDI ULLRICH: So Gisella might know better. And we're going to be checking with meetings staff on that. Now we had, Gisella, I did speak to meeting staff about catering, and we were promised that you would be well covered for drinks, etc. like for finger foods. I suspect that they will be having

something near to your area, so you don't need to wonder across the room.

OLIVIER CRÉPIN-LEBLOND: Do we know how large the room is?

HEIDI ULLRICH: No. Gisella, I don't know... I'm sure that Gisella is going to be working with meeting staff to ensure that this event is giving its proper attention, including a spot on the agenda, which we don't have yet. On the public schedule.

DEV ANAND TEELUCKSINGH: Well, this is Dev. I mean, I'm not seeing Gisella responding as of yet. But Alan, in the interim, Alan.

ALAN GREENBERG: Yeah, thank you. This is the CEO's or the President's reception, or whatever. So I presume everyone in ICANN is invited to it. Is that correct?

HEIDI ULLRICH: Yeah, this is Heidi. So yeah, again, every night, every evening the four day meeting will have a cocktail of some sort that is open to all. So the idea of this was to have a fluid movement between the EURALO and Civil Society networking event, and the President's reception on that evening.

ALAN GREENBERG: Okay, thank you. So when we say the NextGen and Fellows are invited, that means they're invited to our corner, should they choose to attend. Are there going to be other corners? Are there multiple things like this going on?

HEIDI ULLRICH: I'm not aware... No, I believe that that was the only other...

ALAN GREENBERG: Okay, thank you.

DEV ANAND TEELUCKSINGH: Okay, thanks. All right. It looks to me like the Tuesday is well in hand in terms of that, maybe we can make it so that we give the flash drives then, or something like that, to the NextGen and Fellows at that event.

Any other thoughts or comments now?

CHERYL LANGDON-ORR: Cheryl here. I would [inaudible] that we'll be giving the flash drives at the presentation. [Inaudible] that's not... Oh, no, no, no. [CROSSTALK] [Inaudible]. But [inaudible]...

ALAN GREENBERG: Cheryl is cutting out.

DEV ANAND TEELUCKSINGH: Yes, this is Dev. We didn't quite catch that, but I got the gist of it. I was just making off-the-cuff comment. So by all means, we'll have the USB drives at the presentation itself. Okay. Alan, you wanted to... Okay, well I see Alan, you put your hand down.

Nweke, go ahead, you have the floor.

Nweke you may be muted.

This is Dev. Nweke, we are not able to hear you, so you may be muted. Perhaps you can type in your question while staff works to get the audio working?

OLIVIER CRÉPIN-LEBLOND: It's Olivier speaking. You might need to, if you can hear us, you might need to connect your microphone by tapping on the connect my audio, the little telephone icon at the top. And when you click on that, there is connect my audio.

That's, of course, if you have a mic.

DEV ANAND TEELUCKSINGH: Well this is Dev. According to the Adobe Connect, he does.

Let's see, staff could you just work with Nweke and see if you can get that audio sorted, and he could talk afterwards?

All right. So unfortunately, Nweke, we're not hearing you, unfortunately. So.

All right. Okay, let's see. So we talked about the Monday sessions, we talked about the Tuesday sessions. Oh, Olivier, please go ahead.

OLIVIER CRÉPIN-LEBLOND: Thanks very much Dev. It's Olivier speaking. So I was going to give you a little bit more details after the social meet and greet, because that goes on until, I think it starts... Is it 6:30? And it ends a couple of hours later. And a couple of hours later, maybe even sort of overlapping it by a little bit, there is the Finnish chapter of the Internet Society that is taking over a villa that's about 600 meters, 500 meters away from the venue.

You have to walk around the lake. And they're doing a little event for about 50, 60 people or so, primarily inviting people from the Internet Society chapters. But immediately after that, in the same villa and moving on swiftly, at 9 PM, so that's 21:00 for those people work with four digits in their time codes, 21:00 local time is the Global [inaudible] Multistakeholder band, that you've all been waiting for, that will play again.

And everyone is invited to go there. We're still working out how we'll control the crowds, because the total capacity of the place is 150 people, and there not quite sure whether there will be more than 150 people turning up. But that should be a nice segue to the later part of the night. People could first start at the networking event, and the venue will move on directly over to that later on.

And as I said, about a 10, 15 minutes walk. Hopefully it wouldn't be raining or anything like that. There will be food as well and drinks, with some local delicacies, if you haven't eaten enough at the earlier evening cocktail. And I think that, one more thing I wanted to add with regards to the evening, you know, the social meet and greet.

I know that many of us on this call, and in this working group, are very eager into going out and meeting and speaking to newcomers, and to people that we don't know. But I have noticed in the past, past events such as that one, that we tend to cluster around as people from At-Large, clustering together, and the newcomers arrive and don't really know who to speak to and things.

And it's a bit difficult for them when they see three people who obviously know each other and having a wonderful conversation about goodness what, for them to come in and stop the discussion and ask questions and things. So I don't know whether we want to prepare ourselves for this, and basically actively search out for newcomers to bring them to our corner, or how we want to capitalize on this.

That was just one thing I wanted to bring up to your attention. Thank you.

DEV ANAND TEELUCKSINGH: Thanks Olivier. That's a very good observation. Do you want to then, perhaps, maybe the thing should be that we should assign...? I don't know what's the word, but not mentors, but like persons assigned to speak to certain... Like we put up a spreadsheet of all of the NextGen and the Fellows, and just highlight, okay. You know, we make sure that,

you know, you contact or talk to this person at the Tuesday event. That type of thing? Or how would you suggest that?

I see, well, I see a disagreement with Cheryl. I don't know if you can take the floor to explain that. [CROSSTALK] Cheryl, we can hear you.

CHERYL LANGDON-ORR: Right. Can you hear me or not?

DEV ANAND TEELUCKSINGH: This is Dev. We can hear you Cheryl, go ahead.

CHERYL LANGDON-ORR: All right. I think [inaudible] is a ridiculous concept, next thing, you know, [inaudible], people, you know, little business cards and schooling them on how many they could collect for a meeting, like Asian countries do [inaudible]. No. We just need to make sure that there are enough of us who are capable of hello, how are you? [Inaudible] come over here. It's networking, not [inaudible], and you know, yes. If you see three or more people gathered together that look either like [inaudible] break it up, and introduce new blood. Very simple.

DEV ANAND TEELUCKSINGH: Very well. Great. All right, I see no problem with that. I'm just, like I said, throwing out suggestions. Olivier.

OLIVIER CRÉPIN-LEBLOND: Thanks very much Dev. It's Olivier speaking. And Cheryl is making a very good point of something that she does tend to do, which is to, if she can't handle five, six, seven newcomers, she will grab a newcomer's hand and she will go and certainly be not shy of breaking up a cluster of old-timers, and assigning them the task of dealing with newcomers.

I was more like thinking that we should be aware that we have to actively look out for newcomers. I wanted to share one more thing with you, under this whole thing of the outreach [inaudible] at ICANN. At the recent EuroDIG, European Dialogue on Internet Governance, I have attended many, many different meetings, and I have seen the NCUC group, outreach group in action, which consisted effectively of two [inaudible] and [inaudible], who spoke to the people that were there in many different sessions about what NCUC was all about, and what NSG was all about.

And it was just, like you know, three minute announcement. No slides, no nothing. Just a three minute thing like that, and it felt very friendly and actually gained some good responses. So we might wish to do, I'm not calling it a [inaudible], but you know, we might wish to have an idea of what the sort of thing to introduce At-Large, and to introduce our community. What we should be... You know, what are the most important things that we need to say about our community?

Rather than just going hey, yeah, we're from At-Large, what do you want to know? Because that's, I think, probably not the best way. You need some kind of intro. Just a suggestion.

DEV ANAND TEELUCKSINGH: Okay. Thanks Olivier. This is Dev. I think I like the idea of... Well, I guess it is a [song?] sheet of sort, what is that brief message that, you know...? If we want to say, what is At-Large and why At-Large? And you know, I think that will be good to actually probably document properly, so that it can be, as I say, anybody can take the floor and just, in whatever context, and better be able to explain it.

Or, just promoted, promote At-Large. So, you know what? I think [inaudible] of the [song] sheet or the sort of summary, or the spiel about At-Large I think, you know, that would be good to actually document somewhere. And then, you know, just have it in mind when you want to talk. What are the key points? And I think, so...

Do you agree Olivier? And perhaps, do you just want to make a little page on the Wiki and just make sure we have those key points are noted?

OLIVIER CRÉPIN-LEBLOND: Thanks Dev. It's Olivier speaking. That would be a good idea, yes. Just a few key points that, you know, what should we not forget to talk about when we talk about At-Large. I wouldn't recommend that we would have a text that we all have to learn by heart and all of that. That's not at all the idea. The idea is, you know, if you're going to talk about At-Large, remember to talk about the working groups, remember to talk about the policy advice, remember to talk about the capacity building, remember to talk about, you know, what's in it for a beginner, what is in it for Civil Society organization.

Why should end users be interested in ICANN and in At-Large? Because remember, we've got two types of audiences. We've got the audiences when we go and visit places where they've not even heard about ICANN, and we've got the audience that we're going to have with those Fellows that will come and speak to us.

They already know about ICANN, but why At-Large? Why not the NCUC or the NPOC? Or why not going into other parts of ICANN? Why don't they just be part of the GNSO that...? You know, some of the really frequently asked questions. And I have noticed that we all answer differently, but maybe we should have like a common answer, because people get confused.

They like, you know, I have asked this question to three different people, I got three different answers. I've had some people telling me this. And I've said, well, I'm going to give you a fourth answer, maybe, who knows? So that was the idea, thanks.

DEV ANAND TEELUCKSINGH: Okay. Well, this is Dev. And I think what you said, remember to talk about, I think that outlines just have that on a Wiki page, I think that will be actually great actually. Because you don't want to make it a rigid text so you have to memorize some part to heart, but as... But it is, as you say, key points, remember to talk about this, remember to talk about that. And I think those bullet points will be just more than a sufficient to have our Wiki page, you know, for reference, and for our future sessions.

Okay. Just to read a comment quickly from [inaudible] that a team of ALAC should also make a presentation on, if I understand the French, a presentation to newcomers about At-Large during the sessions. So. I think, well, this is Dev. Indeed, I think that's what members of the outreach and engagement committee...

And I think, I would say, more so the members of the ALAC At-Large, in whatever forum, they would be more than happy to explain any question about ICANN and At-Large, sorry, not about ICANN, but about At-Large to any person that asks them that. Whatever will be allocated time during sessions for this session, I don't think it's likely.

It's something to think about perhaps for the next ICANN meeting though, and that's something to bring about, bring up to... Move ahead to the next agenda item. Two things. One, there is a public comment out on the Fellowship program application process. Okay, and a Wiki page has been set up for this. Let me just paste the link here. So it's something to really, for us to really review.

And I kind of wonder whether in terms of... Well, I guess I will be asking staff, who probably knows the schedule far better than me, will there be any discussion with the Fellowship? With Janice and so forth, as a separate session with the ALAC happening?

HEIDI ULLRICH: This is Heidi. No, not that I'm aware of.

DEV ANAND TEELUCKSINGH: Okay. [CROSSTALK]

HEIDI ULLRICH: Yeah, sorry Dev. I was just informed by Janice earlier today that the two sessions on Monday are the only times that the Fellows and NextGen will be hearing about At-Large. And just while I have the floor very quickly, I also just heard the numbers for the NextGen and the Fellows, and they are going to be 20 NextGen students, five of which are returning. And then for the undeclared, now keep in mind that the Fellows will be alumni, so the number are going to be smaller than, you know, overall then they will have been at regular meetings.

So for the undeclared, there are only about five. So the second session, you're just going to have a very small group with you. Thank you.

DEV ANAND TEELUCKSINGH: Okay. Thanks Heidi for that. So perhaps then we should... Well, I know the outreach and engagement meeting is, be on Wednesday, I believe. So maybe then we can have a chat with... See if we can invite Janice to that, just so we can ask questions about the Fellowship program application process?

HEIDI ULLRICH: Sure...

DEV ANAND TEELUCKSINGH: Perhaps you can just make that, okay.

HEIDI ULLRICH: Well [inaudible]...

DEV ANAND TEELUCKSINGH: Okay, thanks for that. So if you can just note that as an action item for, to have Janice to speak about Fellowship Program application process on the Wednesday session, Wednesday or any session. Okay. So that's one thing. We can then... So obviously the topic about the Fellowship is of importance for us, for At-Large, as the Fellowship is a critical tool, to introduce people to the ICANN ecosystem, and to become members of the At-Large community.

So that's one key thing. Second key thing would be, and I was thinking that perhaps on the, for the... Also on the outreach and engagement, we could start thinking a little bit about what's going to happen now for Marrakech, now that the view is now, we now have much more details about ICANN 57, and where it is going to be. Yes, which is now going to be in Hyderabad, India.

And the uncertainty is no longer there regarding Puerto Rico and what not. We can now start laying out some groundwork as to what kind of outreach activities is possible during that meeting in India. And especially as it is a meeting C type format. I don't know if there are any thoughts or comments from staff or Alan on this regard, whether we should start thinking about what types of sessions, or what can we do for outreach and engagement in India?

We can have that as one of the topic items for the outreach and engagement meeting in Helsinki. Yeah, so we can also include that in the Indian agenda, exactly. Okay, Cheryl, go ahead.

CHERYL LANGDON-ORR: I would like to suggest that, and I know we have a number of the leaders on this call from the region, but I think we need to deliberately work with APRALO on those activities. [Inaudible] very specific opportunity, but you've got to remember, it's [inaudible] we're not going to New Delhi, yeah. And [inaudible] so the type of approach needs to be tailored who we have access and how we have access to them, and it may be that working with Satish for example, we now specifically have a number of people coming to the meeting that we need to focus on.

As opposed to leaving [inaudible] to other places. So let's work closely with the people who literally live on the ground.

DEV ANAND TEELUCKSINGH: Okay, indeed. And so we can... Then definitely, let's include this as an agenda item for the outreach and engagement at the Helsinki meeting to have that preliminary discussion for ICANN 57. Olivier?

OLIVIER CRÉPIN-LEBLOND: Thanks very much Dev. It's Olivier Crépin-Leblond speaking. And I completely support this. Earlier today in the leadership, regional leadership meeting, there was mention of outreach and engagement. And both Satish Babu and also Siranush Vardanyan, who as you know, are the leadership for APRALO, have mentioned that they are planning, or they want to plan a lot of things in Hyderabad, and it was resolved

that, because they wanted to try and discuss this and make use of some time, face to face time, in Helsinki to discuss this.

And rather than discussing this on the leadership, on the regional leadership meeting, we were notified, we were told that there is an outreach and engagement working group meeting in Helsinki. And so, it is my duty to ask that maybe we should be discussing this during the outreach and engagement working group meeting. Certainly, I would totally support this because, as you know, if we're going to do a lot of things as a group, there needs to be very good coordination early on.

There is not very much time between June and the next meeting afterwards, and some of the time might be spent with people being on holiday in some parts of the world, certainly not in Asia, but in other parts of the world. So I would highly recommend that work starts immediately at Helsinki on this. Thank you.

DEV ANAND TEELUCKSINGH: Okay, indeed. I agree, and thanks for that, what happened at the regional leadership meeting. Siranush, go ahead.

SIRANUSH VARDANYAN: Thank you. Can you hear me?

DEV ANAND TEELUCKSINGH: Yes we can, Siranush. Go ahead.

SIRANUSH VARDANYAN: Thank you. And yes, indeed, we have discussed this and we are going to discuss actually with APRALO as well during the non-formal meeting among ourselves, what are the activities from there. And during today's regional leader's call, we also have volunteer coming from Aziz, who said that he was ready to share with us the lessons learned from his experience of bringing students from [inaudible], and he is ready to share with us actually what important aspects we need to think about.

And this is really helpful for us as well. And we are also going to discuss with GSE member from APOC, also to have some joint activities there. So this is all we now to table to discuss in Helsinki, but that would be really great to start also discussions during the outreach subcommittee working group session to specify what exactly we are going to cover for outreach aspects.

So this is good that we put this in the agenda, and APRALO is looking forward to that. Actually, we are used to that APRALO is always put on spot, just little notice for our meetings. So I think this will not be a first time for us, but we are ready to take this challenge.

DEV ANAND TEELUCKSINGH: This is Dev. And I'm sure, Siranush, that you'll more than meet it. So I think, okay, so we'll definitely make this a core part of the agenda in Helsinki for the outreach and engagement, outreach activity planning for ICANN 57. Okay. All right. So those are the two key topics I wanted to bring up.

We have like four, well I would say like three minutes to the top of the hour. Any other quick... Any other... Anybody have any comments,

questions, observations, any other business you wanted to bring up briefly?

Okay. Well, Siranush, I see your hand is still raised. I don't know if that's a hand to say something else. Okay. All right. I think, I'm not seeing anybody raise any comments or making their voice heard, or saying anything in the chat.

So I would like to thank everyone for this call. And I'd like to thank the interpreters, and we do have, well, we do have quite a bit of work between now and Helsinki, but we'll work online. And I look forward to seeing most of you, if not all of you, at ICANN 56. I'd like to thank everyone, and this call is now adjourned.

[END OF TRANSCRIPTION]