

CWG UCTN – 23 May 2016 AC Chat

Nathalie Peregrine: Dear all, welcome to the meeting of the Use of Country and Territory Names as top-level domains CWG on the 23 May 2016

Nathalie Peregrine: Agenda wiki page: <https://community.icann.org/x/5wKOAw>

Carlos Raul Gutierrez: Hola Nathalie!!!!

Carlos Raul Gutierrez: how are the kids doing? sleeping?

Nathalie Peregrine: Welcome Carlos! And yes, please do not jinx it :)

Carlos Raul Gutierrez::)

Bart Boswinkel: Hi All

Carlos Raul Gutierrez: Hello you all

Heather Forrest: Hello everyone

Maxim Alzoba (FAITID): Hello everyone

Ron Sherwood: Hi everyone

Alexander Schubert: Hey there, hello to you all!

Cheryl Langdon-Orr (CLO): Hi

Joke Braeken: Hello everyone

Carlos Raul Gutierrez: I see a rather long list a apologies

Cheryl Langdon-Orr (CLO): Sorry I was wrapping up another call

Nathalie Peregrine: Young-eum lee has joined the call

Nathalie Peregrine: Jaap Akkerhuis has joined the AC room

jaap akkerhuis: Having network problems, sorry for the delay

Nathalie Peregrine: Welcome!

Heather Forrest: Bart - I have a question about timing

Marika Konings: the latest draft of the schedule can be found here:

<https://community.icann.org/display/ccmeetschedplan/Meeting+Schedule+Planning>

Maxim Alzoba (FAITID): I will have to attend RPM PDP session

Cheryl Langdon-Orr (CLO): I have overlap re the post 1500 slot as well but planned to be with us for the 1st part

jaap akkerhuis: Sound is very spotty for me as well

Nathalie Peregrine: @ Carlos, we can dial out to you in order to improve on your audio, please let me know if you would like us to

Carlos Raul Gutierrez: I'm fine

Carlos Raul Gutierrez: haven't lost a word so far

Carlos Raul Gutierrez: unless you can't hear me.....

Cheryl Langdon-Orr (CLO): I would have had clashes all of the Te afternoon ... There is always clashes

Heather Forrest: GNSO did indeed request geo names as a separate topic but we didn't get a spot

Cheryl Langdon-Orr (CLO): yes Marika It is Tue

Heather Forrest: I don't want us to get in trouble with Meeting B scheduling

Marika Konings: I just found the topics that were available for selection for a cross-community

slot, and this topic was grouped in with the new gTLD Subsequent Procedures together with other topics (6PDP New gTLD Subsequent Procedures) Issues related to the assessment of the first new gTLD round and the preparation of subsequent rounds:

- a. Metrics: (what empirical data is available for evidence-based policy-making on new gTLDs)
- b. Promoting applications from underserved regions/developing countries: (lessons learnt and proposals for next rounds)
- c. Community applications: (lessons learnt and proposals for next rounds)
- d. Geographic Names and other Names of public interest: (lessons learnt and proposals for next rounds)
- e. CCWG Country and Territory Names
- f. Safeguards / PICs: (experiences made during first round and lessons learnt for next rounds)
- g. CCT Review: (lessons learnt so far and proposals for next rounds)

Maxim Alzoba (FAITID): .onion is in IANA table

Carlos Raul Gutierrez: it's a RESERVED name

Marika Konings: the new gTLD Subsequent Procedures Cross-Community Session is currently scheduled for Tuesday afternoon from 17.00 - 18.30.

Bart Boswinkel: Please note the scheduling is moving around at the request of the GNSO. I also want to convey concern of the ccNSO Programme Wg that some / large proportion of the ccTD presents will most likely not attend the meeting

Bart Boswinkel: the blocks are open for cross-community sessions

Heather Forrest: If we are on the agenda at Subsequent Procedures we need to seize that time

Bart Boswinkel: Tuesday will have other meetings

Alexander Schubert: Some Geo names ARE 3 letter codes!

Bart Boswinkel: organised by the ccNSO at that time

Heather Forrest: Marika - do you know, is there a point person planning the subsequent procedures timeslot? Bart, maybe we should liaise with them before going forward?

Marika Konings: The session leader is identified as 'GNSO' so I suspect that the new gTLD PDP WG is hoping to take charge, so I would suggest you reach out to the chairs of that group (Jeff Neuman, Avri Doria and Stephen Coates) as well as support staff (Steve Chan/Julie Hedlund) to see if that is indeed the case?

Heather Forrest: Great, that sounds like a good way forward

Carlos Raul Gutierrez: @Marika@Heather I will reach out to new gTLDs

Heather Forrest: Plus it gives us an opportunity to open dialogue with them

Marika Konings: Apologies, I have to drop off here. Do let me know if there is anything I can do to assist.

Alexander Schubert: Germany?

Carlos Raul Gutierrez: sorry

Carlos Raul Gutierrez: I meant .ch and .suisse

Carlos Raul Gutierrez: great

Cheryl Langdon-Orr (CLO): SET UP LOOKS OK TO ME BART

Cheryl Langdon-Orr (CLO): WE NEED TO BE ONTERACTIVE

Cheryl Langdon-Orr (CLO): Sorry CAPS

Carlos Raul Gutierrez: txs CLO (=> 3-letter code for Cheryl)

Ron Sherwood:@ Bart +1

Heather Forrest:Good to know, Bart, thank you

Carlos Raul Gutierrez:How long do we have to confirm the meeting???

Heather Forrest:Meeting B is a huge challenge. Hopefully we can get the people we're interested in in the room but it might be a challenge

Heather Forrest:@ Carlos - Bart says finalised schedule by Wednesday

Carlos Raul Gutierrez:this week?

Heather Forrest:Yes, this week

Heather Forrest:Hooray Bart!

Heather Forrest:No other issues from me

jaap akkerhuis:bye bye

Maxim Alzoba (FAITID):bye

Alexander Schubert:Bye

Cheryl Langdon-Orr (CLO):bye

Ron Sherwood:Thank you everyone bye for now

Sebastien Pensis:Goodbye all, thank you