
GISELLA GRUBER: On the English channel, we have Barrack Otieno, Seun Ojedeji, Sarah Kiden, Daniel Nanghaka, Beran Gillen, Isaac Maposa, Lillian Nalwoga. And on the French channel, we have Tijani Ben Jemaa, Aziz Hilali, Etienne Tshishimbi, Michel Tchonang, Imrane Ahmat Souleymane, Janvier Ngnoulaye, Fatimata Sylla, Abdeljalil Bachar Bong. From staff, we have Silvia Vivanco, as well as myself, Gisella Gruber. Our interpreters tonight are Claire and Isabelle.

And if I may remind you to please give your name before you speak so that you might be identified on the other channel, and as well on the transcript. I hope I didn't forget anyone. Now, Aziz, you have the floor.

AZIZ HILALI: Thank you very much, Gisella. Hello, everyone. I am very glad to be gathered once again. We will start with our different statements. I think we have five of them, and I will mention them. The report on the new [warranties] on DNS abuse, that draft report has, as a goal, to work on the safeguards.

UNIDENTIFIED SPEAKER: [inaudible]

UNIDENTIFIED SPEAKER: Aziz, I'm sorry, you need to speak louder. The interpreters cannot hear you. Thank you very much.

Note: The following is the output resulting from transcribing an audio file into a word/text document. Although the transcription is largely accurate, in some cases may be incomplete or inaccurate due to inaudible passages and grammatical corrections. It is posted as an aid to the original audio file, but should not be treated as an authoritative record.

AZIZ HILALI:

I will try to speak louder. The second point has to do with the country and territory names with the .toray and .pictet that have to do with public comments with the .toray and .pictet registries, to register those country and territory names under those TLDs.

And then the fourth point has to do with public comments on the proposal for Khmer Script Root Zone Label Generation Rules (LGR). So the idea is to gather comments on Label Generation Rules for the Khmer Script Root Zone LGR.

The last point is the draft for new regulation, and we are trying to gather the opinion of the community on recommendations having to do with the ICG Group on Transition and the CCWG Group on Accountability for ICANN, as planned by the ICANN Board proposal that occurred right after the Marrakesh meeting in March and discussion on the proposal sent to the American government.

So let me first request your approval on this agenda. Are there any comments? If there aren't, let's move to the next point, the reports.

Let us talk first with recent activities within ALAC, as well as upcoming activities. So please, if you would like to take the floor. Do not forget that we have Mohamed's intervention, the CCWG –

SEUN OJEDEJI:

Hello, can you hear me?

AZIZ HILALI: I'm sorry, hold on a second. Wafa or Seun? So who would like to take the floor? Is Wafa available?

UNIDENTIFIED SPEAKER: Aziz, I am really sorry, but you really need to speak louder because it is not working. The interpreters cannot interpret you and cannot hear you.

AZIZ HILALI: All right, then go ahead and call me on my other number.

Wafa, are you available to speak? Would you like to go ahead and speak? If not, okay. Go ahead, Wafa. Wafa, can you hear me? You have the floor.

All right, is this Seun? Was Seun trying to speak?

SEUN OJEDEJI: Hello, if Wafa is on the line, I won't speak the floor then. That's fine.

AZIZ HILALI: Yes, go ahead, Seun. Seun, did you want to speak? It looks like Wafa is not with us. So go ahead, Seun, if you would like to go ahead and speak.

SEUN OJEDEJI: Okay, thank you. Just a quick update on what is currently at play within ALAC. Recently, there was a request from the NARALO region to decertify [inaudible] ALSes. Most of the ALSes' decertification is based

on the request from the ALS that they don't want to be [isolated] at that particular moment and like to be decertified. So the ALAC is currently working, casting their vote as required by the process, on those requests. However, the leadership of the region have already recommended the decertification. So all the ALAC is just doing is to vote on that decertification request. The Chair of ALAC moved the motion a few days ago for that, and the motion was seconded by [inaudible] as the reason why we were going to be voting. We are currently in the voting process for that particular activity.

The second thing that is perhaps also important is the General Assembly [inaudible] summit multi-year budget, which is currently in [inaudible] stage. It's been submitted, and there was a discussion that we had with the financing and also with the board member as well. There, Rinalia was the At-Large Board member, and also George Sadowsky, which is one of the Board members.

So what we discussed in that call was to look at the comments we make, in addition to the budget, and see if there's any improvement we could make to it, and to hear the views of staff, and also the views of the Board. And I think it was very interesting. It was very successful call in that, at least for is for the members of the Board that were the call that day. Especially George was quite receptive about the proposal. It was the proposal that we develop a multi-year budget proposal [that is to] count ahead the expenses and the budgeting related to the provision for the At-Large Summit meeting. So it's to give a forecast of what the cost implications would look like so that ICANN can be prepared for it as well. And it is in line with, also, some of the effort that ICANN is making to also be doing their multi-year project as well. So it's

coming at the right time, and we got good feedback from staff. We also got good feedback from the Board as well. So the next step is to go back and then take some of the comments that they made during that call, and then reflect in our statement, and perhaps also represent in future.

These are the two major things that happened recently. Of course, the CCWGs still are going. ALAC is following it keenly. I'm sure there is going to be more comments, updates on that, as well [inaudible].

AZIZ HILALI:

I hope the interpreters can hear me a little bit better now. Is it better?

Thank you, Seun, for this information. I think at the level of AFRALO, we often do need to work on the rules of procedure, as well as the work done on decertification. Thank you very much for this information.

Let us move on to the next point, unless there are questions. I do see a hand up. Tijani? No? Okay. Okay, back up. Go ahead, Tijani. You can speak.

TIJANI BEN JEEMA:

Thank you, Aziz. As I was listening to Seun, it seems that there's an issue. I don't know if the interpreter cannot hear him very well. But as I was listening to the French, I had the impression that I needed to clarify things a little bit.

NARALO presented four or five ALSes that needed to be decertified. And because a RALO cannot decertify, it is always up to ALAC. ALAC was

asked to decertify it. ALAC is working on it. So that is what I wanted to clarify.

The second point, as far as the budget, it has to do with the General Assembly project. Up until now, we have been having a special [regard] for budget in order to have a general report. And we have been fighting to get that budget. We made a proposal so that we might be able to plan, over several years, a multi-year planning project with finances so that the General Assembly and the Summit might be planned over time.

We spoke recently with certain Board members and staff, and the project is going well. We presented this project, and now we are in the process of discussing it.

I would like to add a few things, as far as ALAC activities. ALAC has received the report for a new Board member selection. It should be done by next year. So this project has been started, and we should start it in Helsinki. So that report was submitted. We need to also update our rules of procedures based on the issues that we were faced with during the last election process. And so I think that, starting in Helsinki, we can start the process, as far the elections go.

We also talked about the working group. I don't have anything to add to that. We also talked about the CROPP during the ALAC teleconferences. We are going over those questions. We are drafting a charter. Of course, we talked about ICANN 56 and preparing for that. And the last point I wanted to add is that there is another project, the multi-lingual project. The idea of that, that we translate into more languages. So that's basically wanted to add, as far as ALAC activities.

AZIZ HILALI: Thank you very much, Tijani, for all this additional information. I also wanted to add, because it is rare, that it is great to have so many people present today in this AFRALO meeting. And so I do hope that we are able to cover all of the things on our agenda.

Next point, recent and upcoming activities of AFRALO members. So would somebody like to address that point? Is there someone who would like to speak to that point? I don't hear anyone. I don't see any hand. Tijani? Tijani, go ahead.

TIJANI BEN JEEMA: Unless you don't want me to speak again, but I can...

AZIZ HILALI: No, go ahead. Go ahead.

TIJANI BEN JEEMA: I do want to talk about the forum as well. There are several events that occurred, and I didn't necessarily attend all of them. But there was governance forum that was put together. There was also a DNS forum in Tunis, put together by ICANN. There was another event put together by the Tunis University, and I was able to address the audience. We are also putting together another event. We also are working on the IGF Africa with all of the countries in Africa. And my ALS is going to organize another event.

AZIZ HILALI: Tijani, would you like to speak? No, he just did a checkmark.

Okay, so next point, items for information. Mohamed is not here, so let's start with Seun, who is going to work about the Cross Community Working Group and the progress that was done with the IANA transition and so forth. Seun, you can go ahead.

SEUN OJEDEJI: Can you hear me? Hello?

AZIZ HILALI: Yes, go ahead, Seun. Go, you have the floor.

SEUN OJEDEJI: Okay. Yeah, so on the CCWG Stewardship, two major activities currently ongoing. The first one is the development of the charter for the Root Zone Evolution –

AZIZ HILALI: Seun, if you could please start again? We have some problems on the French line. If you could just start again? I couldn't hear you. Thank you.

SEUN OJEDEJI: Okay. Yeah, I said there are two major activities that is currently ongoing with the CCWG Stewardship. The first one is the development of the charter of the Root Zone Evolution Review Committee. That is the

ZERO. They are going to be in charge of things that have to do with approval, any form or level of changes that will have any impact on the root zone itself.

So the group of people from the different communities – nine of them, to be precise – from the ccTLD, from the gTLD, from the IGF, from the IIR, they are going to be forming a group. And that group is going to be in charge of...

I'm not online. I cannot find the draft [inaudible] URL. Perhaps you could post it on the Adobe Connect. But basically, their role is to stand in the middle of that authorization process. And it's actually in line with one of the NextGens with the proposal of the CCWG.

So we are currently discussing that within the CWG. And there are different opinions on the scope of this group and what they should be doing. There are discussion on whether their scope should cover the entire IANA or just the main part, and so on and so forth. So it's still in a discussion.

The second thing is about the PTI Formation Document. So one of the outcomes proposed in the [inaudible] proposal is to set up a subsidiary, which is going to become the place where [inaudible] will [house] the IANA itself. So we are currently working with the [inaudible] team to develop the document for the formation of that entity, which is the subsidiary of ICANN. For now, ICANN remains the sole member of that entity. And the different document or different things required for the formation of that organization, it's currently being discussed. Again, if

anyone could share the URL to that document, it would be helpful to the other [inaudible]. I could also send URL by mail [inaudible].

Those are the two major things. Tomorrow, we have the CWG meeting at 16:00 UTC. It's open. Anyone who is interested can also join. And I will [inaudible] to receive any question or comments. Thank you.

AZIZ HILALI:

Thank you very much, Seun. Now I'm going to give the floor to Tijani, who is going to speak about the CCWG group. Please be brief. We have a lot of items to address. Thank you. Tijani, you have the floor.

TIJANI BEN JEEMA:

Thank you, Aziz. Yes, the CCWG, as you know, has presented statements that has been accepted by the ICANN Board. So now we are into the translation phase of this report in our bylaw, in ICANN bylaws. And this drafting of these new bylaws, it has been done. It's finished. And now it has been presented to the public comments. And we, in the CCWG, we have some observations on these bylaws, because those bylaws have been written, have been drafted by lawyers. And we have some comments to do on those drafted by law.

I think the public comment is ending on the 21st of May. So please read this draft bylaws and do some remark, do your inputs and tell us what you think about this new version of the bylaws. I am finished. On the 21st of May, the public comment is going to end. Then we will have the correction of the bylaws according to the public comment. And it will be then sent to the Board to approval. I'm finished, thank you.

AZIZ HILALI: Thank you, Tijani. Are there any questions about what Tijani just said? I don't see any hands, so we are going to move to the next item. But I have a question. Tijani, in which meeting are we going to finish the CCWG and CWG question? And when are we going to finish all this work? Tijani, you have the floor. Tijani, can you hear? Are you still with us, Tijani?

TIJANI BEN JEEMA: Okay, I'm sorry, I was in mute. Okay, yes, I was just saying that the work of the CWG and of the ICG is going to finish at the end of September. This is the transition date. But the CCWG will have some more work, because the first part of its work, it was directly related to the transition. It's finished. And then there is a second part that will begin in Helsinki, and we don't know when it will finish. It depends on the time it will take. I'm finished. Thank you.

AZIZ HILALI: Thank you very much, Tijani. Now we are going to move to the next item. Daniel or Tijani, can you speak about the CROPP request for 2016? Daniel or Tijani, who wants to take the floor? Daniel.

DANIEL NANGHAKA: Can you hear me?

AZIZ HILALI: Daniel, you have the floor. Daniel, you have the floor. Let's go.

DANIEL NANGHAKA: Okay, great. For the CROPP progress for FY16, we were able to utilize all the slots that we had. We had five slots. The slots was used by Tijani when he represented AFRALO at the AfriNIC meeting that was held in Brazzaville, had to interact with different stakeholders. Then the other request was used by me when we had the outreach in Marrakesh. And now we are having the third and the fourth requests are going to be used for the Africa Internet Summit, whereby AFRALO is going to have an active participation at the Summit. Probably Tijani can add more on the activities that shall be happening at the Africa Internet Summit. Thank you.

AZIZ HILALI: Okay, thank you very much. Tijani, do you want to add something about CROPP requests?

TIJANI BEN JEEMA: Yes, I'd like to add something. Okay, what I'd like, I'd like to tell our community is that this CROPP program has two nights and one day for the arrival. Then you spend a night, then you have one day work, and then you spend another night, and you leave. I think it's not enough at all. So I have told that several times to the staff. It's still the same. So personally, each time when I use the slot, I have to pay, myself, three or four hotel nights. And I think it's not right. I am serving ICANN. It's no use for me. But I have to pay for it. So I wanted to tell you that so we

can reach an agreement, and we can have some changes in the future.
I'm finished.

AZIZ HILALI:

Thank you very much, Tijani. Yes, there was a problem. The AFRALO members know that. And my request has been reject by the Review Committee, chaired by Dev, because there was a week difference in the times.

So now let's move to the next item. It's about the ICG group. Daniel or Tijani, who wants to take the floor to speak about the Strategic Plan for Outreach? I know that Daniel has prepared a draft on that, and I would like Daniel to present his draft, his work. Daniel, you have the floor.

DANIEL NANGHAKA:

Can I ask probably that link to be shared for Adobe Connect for the strategy that was drafted? So as the link will be shared, briefly, every financial area, a strategy is drafted to guide the CROPP requests or how AFRALO can get engaged in the different activities that take place within the region.

So the previous FY16 strategy focused on getting more – at least three – organizations in the Internet fraternity to become ALSes, and of which we have at least some ALS submitted some proposals to doing that, to become ALSes. And also, first of all, the previous strategy of FY16 included [they reverse] the outreach, which took place [inaudible] at the University of Cadi in Marrakesh. And we had a list of students interact together with the ICANN staff. And they got to know more knowledge

about ICANN and its different respective Internets, specifically how ICANN works.

Now, when it comes to FY17, the strategy has been shared and at least some input has been given, which we shall be sharing to all the other members of AFRALO before we can be able to submit it on the wiki and get approval from the GAC respectively. And still the strategy will continue to emphasize to get more organization get involved and engage in different activities of ICANN At-Large and also so that they can get to participate. Because we have different platforms, like the ICANN Learn, which anyone who wants to get more knowledge about ICANN can go to, and which still continues to advocate for more users, to get them to that platform through their respective strategy and also engagement from other different [inaudible].

At least some input has been going on, on the respective document. And I think either today, even for tomorrow, it's going to be shared on the discussion list so that all the members of AFRALO can engage into the discussion and see how we can best to engage in FY17. Also, as we prepare for ICANN that will be taking place in Dublin the coming year, that is also one of the key issues, that shall also be looking at that.

Yeah, Tijani, do you have anything more to add on the FY17 strategy?
Thank you.

TIJANI BEN JEEMA:

Yes. Aziz, can I have the floor?

AZIZ HILALI: Yes.

TIJANI BEN JEEMA: Okay. So Daniel has presented our planning. For each year, we have to prepare a strategy if we want to participate through the CROPP program. Last year, there was a strategy. This year, the strategy is the one I proposed. I think Daniel put the link in the chat. If not, Daniel, please put the link in the chat. So the strategy is we have organized the goals of the strategy and the plan of the strategy. That is to say, the participation into some events in Africa, in the countries where there are no ALS, and what is the needed participation to become an ALS, and also some information on subject discussed in ICANN to show that the ICANN community also participates as the Board and the staff, into the policy development. And third item, to show we are going to have a stand, to show to the region what we do in ICANN, to give information on ICANN activities, and to show, explain the work method of ICANN.

And also in this strategic plan, we want to organized local events with the local ALSes to increase the participation of those ALSes and to improve the impact they have in their countries or in their region. And then we want to identify academic organization or entities to debate on important issues with the students, with teachers, to debate on the Internet governance and to work with young people that will enter in ICANN organization later. So I'm finished, thank you.

AZIZ HILALI: Thank you, Tijani.

BERAN GILLEN: Can I have the floor?

UNIDENTIFIED SPEAKER: Just one minute, Beran. I'm going to ask Aziz.

AZIZ HILALI: Beran, you have the floor.

BERAN GILLEN: Yes, I just had one question regarding the funding for the outreach. I am aware that there is a \$2,000 application for all the RALOs regarding outreach and engagement. If it is approved, is this what will be used for these outreach activities? Thank you.

AZIZ HILALI: Tijani, you have the floor. You can answer.

TIJANI BEN JEEMA: Yes, Beran, I don't know where this figure comes from. I'd like to know if we have \$2,000 for each activity for all the community. I don't know. I've never seen this figure, so I don't know. About outreach, we do outreach. We have this program, but we are not speaking about money. We speak about nights and slots for the trips. But we have no amount in dollars.

AZIZ HILALI:

Thank you, Tijani. Thank you, Beran. Now we are going to speak about the selection of the new AFRALO positions. I remind you that there are three positions. It is the AFRALO delegate to the NomCom, the representative of AFRALO in ALAC, and, third, the AFRALO Secretariat. So for now, the AFRALO delegate of NomCom and the representative of AFRALO in ALAC, we have two person. We have Tijani Ben Jemaa, and we have another person from NomCom. Those two person have been accepted. Their nomination has been accepted. So we won't need to vote, because of them are nominated. They were alone to be nominated on this function.

Now, for the Secretariat, we have three candidates: Sarah Kiden, Beran Dondéh, and Michel Tchonang. So we will have to organize elections for this function of Secretariat. Do you have anything to say about that?

Yes, who is speaking? Yes, who is speaking?

ETIENNE TSHISHIMBI:

Yes, I wanted to take the floor recently to tell you that I wanted to know if my microphone was working. Yes, it is working, because I wanted to take the floor, and I wasn't able earlier. So maybe later, I will take the floor.

AZIZ HILALI:

Okay, no problem. So I am going to ask to these three nominees to send their paper, and one of these three person needs to trust a project on which to convince the AFRALO members for the election.

I see Tijani has his hand raised. Tijani, you have the floor.

TIJANI BEN JEEMA: Thank you very much, Aziz. It is a paper. Each candidate is going to speak about the interest they can have about the ICANN work. So it's interest declaration. It's a Statement of Interest. It is called Statement of Interest. So each of these nominee has to draft this Statement of Interest. Then they have to draft something about their project, how they see their input as Secretariat into the AFRALO work. And they have to try to be clear so people will vote knowing what they think and what they are going to do.

AZIZ HILALI: Thank you, Tijani. I agree with you, Tijani, you are right. But I was speaking about the SOI that ICANN needs. It is their biography, their experience that need to be posted on the wiki page.

UNIDENTIFIED SPEAKER: Aziz, Tijani is asking for the floor.

AZIZ HILALI: Yes.

TIJANI BEN JEEMA: Okay, SOI means Statement of Interest. Statement of Interest in which the person, the nominee, has to declare his interest so we don't have a conflict, a problem between his interests and ICANN interests. So now,

you need to send your SOI. There are already some SOIs from Tijani. So you can read them and see how it works.

Then there is Sarah with us. Sarah, you didn't send any e-mail to tell us that you accept this nomination. So, Sarah, please, you have to send an okay on the chat telling me that I understood what I told you about your nomination, that we need you to accept it.

Secondly, the election will take place next week, from the 18th to the 25th of May. I have to tell you that the ALSes votes will be confidential. Nobody will know who votes for who. So we already had this experience for Barrack. We had two candidates. Now we have three candidates, two women and a man. And I encourage all the ALSes to vote during this election, from the 18th to the 25th of May.

AZIZ HILALI:

Their Statement of Interest now, the Statement of Interest is, as Tijani said, it is to show the interest you have for function and the need not to be any conflict between your work and ICANN.

Okay, now can we move to the next item? I can't see any hands, so we are going to move to the next item. This is the item for discussion. We are late. We have only six minutes left. So I'm going to ask Gisella assist.

MICHEL TCHONANG:

Hi, everybody. I just wanted to tell you that you didn't give any date for the moment we have to send the Statement of Interest. Silvia, please, could you send on the chat the date the deadline to send the Statement of Interest, and who do we need to send this Statement of Interest to?

Can I speak a little more?

AZIZ HILALI: Yes. Please, Michel, be very brief.

UNIDENTIFIED SPEAKER: Tijani is asking for the floor, also.

AZIZ HILALI: Tijani, you have the floor.

TIJANI BEN JEEMA: Michel, you need to send this SOI before the 18th of May.

AZIZ HILALI: So now we need to move to the next item that is an item for a discussion, the joint meeting AFRALO/African. I'm going to give the floor to Tijani, because normally he is working on this subject. I think Tijani and Seun are going to propose the same subject. Yes, Tijani, you have the floor.

TIJANI BEN JEEMA: Yes, I prefer Seun to begin, because normally we have the comments on the ICANN bylaw. We can do a statement on that if you want. But if Seun prefer do it in another way, we can speak about the transition issue and do a statement on that. But there is also the possibility to do a statement on the amendment of the bylaws, about the work, the drafting of the new bylaws.

AZIZ HILALI: Okay, Tijani, thank you. Seun, you have the floor. Do you want to take the floor, Seun?

SEUN OJEDEJI: Can you hear me?

AZIZ HILALI: Seun, perfectly.

SEUN OJEDEJI: Okay, thank you. I think Tijani has given some options. Normally, what we do in the past is to make a call on the list asking for subjects. However, based on the current hot topics within the ICANN community right now, I think those things that Tijani has mentioned, [the method] and the we'll post it to the list asking the community which one they prefer or if they have any other suggestion on other topics that they think we should write a statement about.

I suggest that we do this first. Then we'll give a very certain timeline, maybe one week, for people to respond to that. And then we make a call for the [inaudible], as we normally do. I will be perhaps discussing with Tijani off list, after this call perhaps, so that we can define some of the topics. I know we will make like three topics and put it in the community to share their view of which one they think would [inaudible]. Thank you.

AZIZ HILALI: Thank you very much, Seun. I agree with you. I agree with what Tijani and Seun just proposed. Can we keep that for the action to take? If Barrack is listening, Barrack, can you launch this proposal, Tijani's and Seun's proposal, on the AFRALO/African list? Barrack, are you with us? Can you hear us?

BARRACK OTIENO: Okay. Yes, I can hear.

AZIZ HILALI: Are you with us, Barrack?

BARRACK OTIENO: Yes. Hello? Yes, I can hear. I will do that.

AZIZ HILALI: Okay, Barrack. Thank you very much. Thank you. So we are going to write that on the ICANN action item, that after the proposal of three items from Tijani and Seun, we will send that on the list. And then we will ask the community to choose one item, one theme, among these three items. And we will address the same during the next meeting in Helsinki.

Now we are going to move on to the next item, on the new ALS requests. We have two requests, with the woman that we met in Marrakesh that had been invited. And so her ALS is called NTIC [and

Citizenship], Citoyennete. She's from Mauritania. She made a request. Due diligence was carried out, and we accepted her today. I did that. I went through the form, as well as did due diligence. And I would like to propose that we take her in.

Tijani, would you like to speak? Go ahead.

TIJANI BEN JEEMA:

I received the request and read it very carefully. I can tell you that this is a very good ALS. We already had an opportunity to work with her, Mrs. Oumrane. I'm not quite sure about the name. She was able to get involved. She's a very attentive, very involved. So I would like to recommend that we accept her application.

AZIZ HILALI:

Thank you, Tijani. Very well. Is anybody opposed to that ALS?

No, it looks like everybody agrees. Barrack and myself can then send an e-mail to [Natalie] and indicate that AFRALO would like to go ahead and give a positive answer to ALAC so that ALAC might take in this new association as a new AFRALO ALS. So here's another item that we need to do.

As far as the second request that we received, it is very recent. It just came in yesterday or the day before. It is an association from the Chad [inaudible] for durable development and education. So we will go through this application, and we will go through, and we will submit it to ALAC once we have gone through the process.

If there aren't any other points on this, we will...

SEUN OJEDEJI: I'd like to stay in the queue.

AZIZ HILALI: Seun, you have the floor.

SEUN OJEDEJI: Okay, just a quick observation. The ALS we just passed, I think it would be good for staff to link the due diligence details on the agenda so that we can actually follow it up. I understand that the diligence [inaudible] has been done already, but just to link it to the agenda so that we can follow up. Thank you.

AZIZ HILALI: Thank you, Seun. We will link it.

SILVIA VIVANCO: As far as the new revisions, there were the agenda for today's meeting. And as far as due diligence, we cannot publish it, because the due diligence process is taken over by the person in charge of the process and the AFRALO representative in charge of it.

AZIZ HILALI: Tijani, would you like to add something to that, to that question that Seun had?

TIJANI BEN JEEMA: What we tried to do is link the request on the agenda. However, the request was sent through e-mail to everyone. And I think that you could have read. Maybe you have.

As far as due diligence, I would like to confirm what was just said by Aziz, because at the very beginning, At-Large used to publish due diligence. However, there were a lot of issues with that. So now, as far as At-Large is concerned, due diligence is done by the staff and the RALO leadership. I personally don't even know what was done, in terms of due diligence. All I received is the request, and I thought that the request was adequate.

AZIZ HILALI: I would like to add something. I think that Barrack had something to say, I believe. I think he read the due diligence information. I don't know if he agrees. But the application of this ALS was perfect, and he was all in, as far as accepting it. Barrack, would you like to add something to that?

SEUN OJEDEJI: Yeah, hello, can you hear me?

AZIZ HILALI: Go ahead, Seun.

SEUN OJEDEJI: I'd just like to clarify. I'm not asking that the due diligence detail be posted or be published or something. I understand that Tijani, this comment, this [one line] statement that staff has [acquired] due diligence and did not find anything about this request that was suspicious. You know, there is a [inaudible] statement that is normally posted. That is just what I was asking for. Thank you.

UNIDENTIFIED FEMALE: Seun, we couldn't hear you. There is a terrible beep. Are you still there? What was your...

SEUN OJEDEJI: Okay, hello? Can you hear me? In order not to waste the time, I will take this offline.

UNIDENTIFIED FEMALE: Seun, I am sorry, I am hearing two voices at once, yours and Aziz. So I will go ahead and interpret Aziz for now.

AZIZ HILALI: I would like to ask Michel Tchonang to start again with the working group. We need to review the rules of procedure that we use. Tijani?

TIJANI BEN JEEMA: Yes, thank you, Aziz, for this reminder. I know that you would like to pressure to me to work on this. But as you know, over the past few months, we were doing a lot. We are still doing a lot, precisely because

of that accountability working group. And I had promised to you, as well as to all of the members of AFRALO, to work on it. However, I didn't have time. I didn't have time to work on it over the past few months. And I plan on doing it over the coming month. I plan to organize a meeting very soon. Thank you very much.

AZIZ HILALI:

Thank you. Are there other people who would like to take the floor? Well, first I would like to say that it is important to pick up where we left off. We started well, but as you know, it is important that this working group starts working again.

Would anyone like to speak at this point? If not, let us move to the other business. I think Etienne wanted to speak in the other business point. Are you still there, Etienne? I don't know if she is speaking, Etienne, but we can't hear you. Hello, Etienne? No, maybe she is not.

Are there any other items that you would like to discuss? Any other speaker? If not, thank you. We will meet again next month. Is there anybody who would like to speak at this point? Seun, did you want to speak again? Yes, go ahead, Seun.

SEUN OJEDEJI:

I think I will just maximize the time. I will take it offline with others on it. Thank you.

AZIZ HILALI: Very well. Thank you. Remmy would like to speak. Go ahead, Remmy.
Remmy, you have the floor.

REMMY NWEKE: Hello? Hello, can you hear me?

AZIZ HILALI: Yes.

REMMY NWEKE: Can you hear me?

AZIZ HILALI: Go ahead, we can hear you now.

REMMY NWEKE: Yes, thank you very much. I wanted to ask the thing that comes up with
the topic for us, the ballot Tijani and Seun will be working on, does it
include...

UNIDENTIFIED SPEAKER: Remmy, I couldn't hear you. Could you please speak up a little bit? I
couldn't understand you?

REMMY NWEKE: [inaudible].

SEUN OJEDEJI: I can answer that question. Okay, Aziz, may I take the floor to answer that question?

AZIZ HILALI: Sorry, I'm not sure who is speaking or what the question is.

SEUN OJEDEJI: Remmy was asking whether the group that has agreed to work on the [team] for the Africa/AFRALO session, whether it is a closed group. And perhaps I should just say to Remmy, it's not a closed group. Barrack is actually going to be coordinating the call on the mailing list, so you're going to see a message from Barrack. So it is an open discussion. And [Wolf] will list the three things. You can decide to select one of them. Or if you have any other one that you think is more important than the three, perhaps you can suggest that as well. Thank you.

REMMY NWEKE: Okay, Seun, thank you.

AZIZ HILALI: Thank you very much, Remmy and Seun. It is one of the largest groups that we have, and I can give you the link to this group, the link on the wiki. But I will go ahead and give the floor to Tijani, who is in charge of the group. But it is an open group. It shouldn't be a problem. Go ahead, Tijani.

TIJANI BEN JEEMA:

Thank you very much, Aziz. First, all the work made by ICANN, always open. And this is the case of AFRALO, of course. All what we are doing is down in transparency. You are all welcome to participate. There are no restrictions. There are a lot of people who offer themselves as volunteers to work with us. Anyone who wants to join the list, you are welcome, no problem.

AZIZ HILALI:

Okay, very well. Thank you, everyone. You will find the link with the work we have done. And I hope that we will have some new rules of procedure for the ALSes. You know that there are some ALSes with no activities at all, and other with a lot of activity. There are some countries who has more ALSes than other countries, and there are some problem that we need to correct, because these rules are existing since the ALAC creation. So we need to update those rules. It is time. We review those rules and adapt them to the new AFRALO situation.

Thank you, everyone, for your participation. Thank you. I'm very happy to see that so many people participate to this meeting. Thank you to the staff, Gisella and Silvia. Thank you, Claire and Isabelle, for the translation. And see you next month. Bye-bye.

[END OF TRANSCRIPTION]
