
SILVIA VIVANCO: This is Silvia Vivanco speaking. We will start with the call, so if you would be so kind to start with the recording.

ALBERTO SOTO: This is Alberto Soto speaking. Good morning, good afternoon, and good evening. Welcome everybody. Humberto is quite delayed, so it will take him 20 minutes or half an hour to join the call. So we will start all the same. So once again, welcome and I would like to be, ask you to be patient and I will give the floor to staff for the roll call.

GISELLA GRUBER: Thank you very much. Gisella here. Good morning, good afternoon, and good evening. Welcome to the LACRALO monthly teleconference on Monday the 15th of February 2016 at 23:00 UTC.

On the Spanish channel we have Alberto Soto, Harold Arcos, Renata Aquino Ribeiro, Wladimir Dávalos, Alfredo Lopez, Aida Noblia, Carlos Raúl Gutiérrez, Ricardo Homquist, Philippe Boland, Fatima Cambroner, Alejandro Pisanty.

On the English channel we have Jason Hynds, Dev Anand Teelucksingh.

We don't have anyone on the Portuguese channel so far.

Apologies noted from Juan Manuel Rojas and Antonio Medina Gómez.

From staff we have Silvia Vivanco, Rodrigo Saucedo, and myself Gisella Gruber.

Note: The following is the output resulting from transcribing an audio file into a word/text document. Although the transcription is largely accurate, in some cases may be incomplete or inaccurate due to inaudible passages and grammatical corrections. It is posted as an aid to the original audio file, but should not be treated as an authoritative record.

Our interpreters this evening on the Spanish channel are Sabrina and Veronica. And on the Portuguese channel, we have Bettina.

If I could also please remind everyone to please state their names when speaking, not only for transcript purposes, but to allow interpreters to identify you on the other channel, and also to speak at a reasonable speed to allow for accurate interpretation.

Thank you very much and over to you Alberto.

ALBERTO SOTO:

This is Alberto Soto speaking. Thank you very much Gisella. While we wait for Humberto, we will proceed with item number three on the agenda, which is the approval of our agenda. When it comes to item number four, I will mention just a couple of things about the new ICANN CEO. On items number five, we will deal with the cancellation of our ICANN Panama event.

Item number six, that is a request for a General Assembly. So I will let you know the background of this situation. Then we will speak about the vote of the MOU with LACNIC. Item number eight, we have accountability of LACRALO Chair and Secretariat. Item number nine, that is other issues. And we will have Rodrigo Saucedo, he will speak about our next webinar.

There is a final report recommendations of the geographic regions review. And I will add a new item on the agenda, and this has to do with the new leaders and new positions. Any questions, any comments?

I see no one with their hands up, so hello, please, if you're on the call, I will kindly ask you to help me with the chat. Could you please monitor the chat, because I am losing part of the conversation on the AC room and I'm paying attention to the agenda.

SILVIA VIVANCO

This is Silvia Vivanco speaking. Sorry for interrupting you. There are two people who would like to take the floor. Dev Anand Teelucksingh and Ricardo Homquist.

ALBERTO SOTO:

Alberto Soto speaking. Thank you. Dev, please, go ahead. You have the floor.

Alberto Soto speaking. Dev, you have the floor. Dev Anand Teelucksingh, go ahead please.

DEV ANAND TEELUCKSINGH:

This is Dev Anand Teelucksingh. Are you hearing me? Okay, this is Dev.

UNKNOWN SPEAKER:

Go ahead please, Dev.

DEV ANAND TEELUCKSINGH:

Thank you. This is Dev Anand speaking. I would like to add items to the agenda, an update from the outreach and engagement subcommittee

and an update from the technology taskforce. Those two things. Thank you.

ALBERTO SOTO: Alberto Soto speaking. Okay, Dev. Could you please, could you be so kind as to repeat those two items so that I could take note of them? Thank you.

DEV ANAND TEELUCKSINGH: Thank you. This is Dev Anand. I want to speak, give an update from the outreach and engagement subcommittee, and also give an update on the technology taskforce. Thank you.

ALBERTO SOTO: This is Alberto Soto. Okay, thank you very much, perfect. So Ricardo, you have the floor. Go ahead please.

RICARDO HOMQUIST: This is Ricardo Homquist speaking. Can you hear me?

ALBERTO SOTO: Alberto Soto speaking. I would like to kindly ask participants to mute their speakers and phones please.

RICARDO HOMQUIST: This is Ricardo Homquist speaking. Alberto, I would like to add to the agenda where there is a turnover, Rodrigo Saucedo, I would like to talk

about social media, and ICANN social media for Latin America, because we are dealing with Facebook, with Twitter, and all of these social media that we were dealing at the time of the presentation, of the previous webinar.

So I would like to speak about that.

ALBERTO SOTO:

This is Alberto Soto speaking. Thank you very much Ricardo. When it comes to that item, we will speak about that. We didn't have the time to coordinate with Rodrigo, but for our next meeting, we will deal with that item in our next monthly call. That is what we have agreed, that is what Rodrigo mentioned in the webinar that he delivered not long ago.

Not many of us were able to be present. So that would be an item, one of the main items of our agenda for our next monthly call.

So, Dev... Alberto Soto speaking. I hear a baby crying, so while we hear that baby crying, we will continue with item number four of our agenda. And item number four, as you know, Göran Marby was elected as the new ICANN CEO.

[Inaudible] I think it was two or three days ago, there was a meeting, a leadership, RALO leadership meeting and with other leaders as well, and there was a brief introduction. In this leadership meeting, we had approximately 52 or 53 members, and we are always participating, all of us participate.

So this was quite an important call, an important meeting, of approximately one hour. And we have the introduction of Göran, and

he answered quite a lot of questions. So, I have already posted on our chat. There are two audio files, one is in English and the other is in Spanish. And you can see that both links are together, but one is the audio in English, and the other is the audio in Spanish.

So these are the audios from that meeting. So if you're interested, you can listen to that material. And I will give you a very brief summary of what we heard in that call. I'm sorry, but I'm posting the links on the AC room, just bear with me a couple of seconds.

Okay. There you see the one, you have the audio in English and the audio in Spanish. So, when it comes to the meeting, it took one hour and our new CEO answered some questions regarding, for example, his previous experience, and we also asked about the IANA transition, which is a very important topic for us.

I realize that we have quite a great understanding of the multistakeholder model. We had interesting questions regarding the transition, and when it comes to the transition, he said that nobody cannot be clear what the transition, but that he observed that he understands that transition is what the community wants.

So that is, that is his opinion so far. And he also said that he would be a carrier for the community, a link for the community. What I said, or what I mentioned on that call, is that in the bottom up system that we have in ICANN, and perhaps have already heard me saying this.

RALOs are always bottom part. I mean, we are at the bottom part of this model, but that Fadi put us on the list when he invites the RALO leaders to participate in a strategic meetings. And that was something

really important for us. We were able to provide our points of view, to speak our minds in that meeting. So not long ago, I posted another link, where you all can see, and I will post that link again for you to see that information, there you will be able to see all the meetings that we had with the community leaders.

I mean, those 50 something people that I mentioned before. That is a monthly meeting, and we have some particular meetings as well with all of the leaders. And we also have three meetings that are prior to the ICANN meeting, so we have a particular meeting on Friday before each ICANN meeting.

So we also had a meeting with the ACs and the SOs leaders. He also said that he had other meetings with many other groups, but that group, the one that I participated, was one of the most active group, because there were many questions. He will take office in May. Now he is working on a governmental body in Sweden.

And this is our commitment with the Swedish government, he will take office in May. In the meantime, there will be an [entering field?]. Silvia Vivanco, you have the floor. Go ahead please.

ALEJANDRO CARRASCO: This is Alejandro Carrasco speaking. May I have the floor?

SILVIA VIVANCO: Silvia Vivanco speaking. Okay, go ahead please.

ALBERTO SOTO: Alberto Soto. Humberto, are you...?

ALEJANDRO CARRASCO: This is Alejandro. I am Humberto's brother, I'm sorry. There was a mistake, and he was not able to participate in the call. So sorry for that.

ALBERTO SOTO: Alberto Soto speaking. Okay. No problem. Thank you very much for your communication. We will keep in touch with Humberto later on. Thank you.

Alberto Soto speaking. Okay, now let's proceed with item number five, this is ICANN's Panama cancellation. During our last leadership call, there were many people worried about the security issues for ICANN meetings. Particularly in our last meetings, we spoke about this issue because some people were worried about security in terms of terrorism.

Fadi explained what they do regardless any conflicting situation. He explained what ICANN does in terms of security for each of its meetings. And he said that, for the rest, there was no other problem. But in the chat, on that same day, someone asked about the Panama meeting, due to the three viruses that are being spreading in our region.

We know that we have [inaudible] and [inaudible], each other viruses that are in the region. So the problem is this. These are endemic. These are, the three of them, but for the speaker, it is only of interest for pregnant women, but the problem, and this is what someone said in the chat, is that these are endemic diseases.

For example, the ones that I have already mentioned. The travelers' insurance will not protect, will not insure the travelers. So this is one of the many reasons why the Panama meeting was cancelled.

And as Marrakesh was cancelled last year, so this year happened the same. So I was talking, and I was speaking with the ALSs in Panama, and I'm sure next year, the meeting will be held next year where there are no issues in Panama. But since we have many decisions in our region, perhaps our region will not be the one elected to be or to replace the Panama meeting.

I see Ricardo is telling me that in Venezuela, there are seven casualties due to the [inaudible] virus, and this is the first piece of news that I learned when it comes to [inaudible] versus... Because in my country, I heard someone who came from abroad and she died, but she died due to meningitis, and not due to this endemic diseases.

So that is when it comes to item number five. Are there any questions, any comments?

Alberto Soto speaking. Let's now go on then to item number six, these are requirement for General Assembly. I'm going to give you a very brief story about this. ALAC has already requested last year, I think the request is five General Assemblies, and they only granted five, and none of them went to our region.

Now since we are working with Rodrigo de la Parra, the GSE, and ALAC saying that we want to have meeting of leaders for a General Assembly to deal with all of the LACRALO functionality issues, [inaudible] also one of those meetings to be held in Panama. Even though Panama was not

being held now, I mean, the meeting was not granted to him, Alejandro Pisanty also said the other day that the IGF will be held in Mexico, in October or November, and so I said I was going to ask, out of the ICANN budget, to ask them for a General Assembly that would coincide with the IGF Mexico.

So that's what I did. And when that request was received, it was changed by, but actually for the better, I believe. So, there is an important change to this request, because it became a General Assembly to be held in Puerto Rico in coincidence with ICANN number 57, which I think is on October 29 in Puerto Rico.

Now, this is not implied that it will be accepted, but ICANN has always, we've already received several requests from different areas, because we do need the General Assembly. We have asked for face to face meeting to end with all of the issues we are having, all of the operational issues.

And we want to be able to work with no kind of inconveniences. Are there any questions? I don't see any hands raised.

Okay. This is it then for item number six.

SILVIA VIVANCO:

This is Silvia speaking. Alberto, you have Dev Anand and Fatima Cambroner, they both have raised their hand.

ALBERTO SOTO: This is Alberto Soto speaking. I'm getting the signal very late to my computer. I know that you've raised your hand. So Dev, go ahead please. You now have the floor.

DEV ANAND TEELUCKSINGH: Thank you. This is Dev Anand speaking. Just to also mention that there was also, one of the two conditions for that request was, if there was progress made in the discussions, that need to take place before a General Assembly takes place, and my concern with just this General Assembly by itself, alone is not going to help the situation in LACRALO.

We need to have some dialogue well before, and once the progress is made in those discussions, then perhaps a General Assembly. But just having a General Assembly and just pushing towards a General Assembly by itself, I think it will just be a repeat of Costa Rica. And actually, I think it will actually fracture LACRALO completely, if the underlining issues aren't resolved or tackled. That's it.

ALBERTO SOTO: This is Alberto Soto speaking. Please, those of you who have not muted your phones, please do mute them, because we can barely hear you. There is a lot, a lot of noise. This is my, Fatima, this is my reply to Dev. Dev, we have already said that there is a whole process being dealt with GSE and ALAC, and this requires at least four steps.

And there is one very prestigious person that will be a sort of a mediator. That person speaks English and Spanish. We are just checking the fees. Unfortunately, Rodrigo de la Parra has delayed this

for too long, but this time I thought we would have a reply. So we don't really have the reply, but we have the four steps, and one of them is that perhaps the General Assembly is the last part of the process. Fatima, please go ahead.

FATIMA CAMBRONERO: This is Fatima Cambronero speaking. Thank you. My question, and it is a genuine question, it has no [inaudible] whatsoever, I mean, I was wondering if it would perhaps be better to have some kind of prior work before the General Assembly, because many of us have had the experience of the Costa Rica meeting with people who were there specifically to help us solve our issues in subgroups in the region.

And this didn't really work. I was wondering if maybe the same was going to happen again, and perhaps we were going to, are going to invest a lot in a General Assembly, and perhaps it is something that we can solve somehow else. This is a question that I think we need to ask ourselves, all of us, not only the leaders. Thank you.

ALBERTO SOTO: This is Alberto Soto speaking. That is correct Fatima. All of these has been foreseen. I will insist that the General Assembly will be for Puerto Rico, and it will solely be the last step of all of the process that has already been started, and I insist, this is being very delayed by ICANN. And I'm insisting with Rodrigo de la Parra, and has been happening. I'm sorry, as Humberto will continue with this, I am sure he will continue with this process, and continue with everything just as expected.

I think Harold Arcos has his hand up.

DAVID: We apologize. We are hearing a very strong noise on the line.

SILVIA VIVANCO: This is Silvia speaking. Harold, we cannot hear you. There is a very strong background noise. Maybe we can call you back again if you want.

HAROLD ARCOS: This is Harold Arcos speaking. We can now hear you.

I was just saying with respect to the support that you requested, there were, I think, three questions that Dev, I mean, Dev said he wanted to have an update on the outreach and engagement team and also about the technology taskforce, and there are also questions for webinars for social network.

Rodrigo has already answered this with some links, and there are also some links in the network team is mentioned. And Renata also mentioned proposal for the budgets. And her question is on whether for FY 17 we will, there will be a budget for that. Those were the questions. That's all.

ALBERTO SOTO: This is Alberto speaking. Thank you very much Harold. Yes, we have sent an email, because on the 17th, the 17th is the last day to submit the

projects. We also received an email, I don't really remember when, and we have forwarded this to the whole list. So we, I'm going to go ahead on the issue that Humberto is going to deal with, but we are making a very orderly submission between the Chair and the Secretariat.

And there is Humberto, Maritza, and I who are involved in this issue. And I can only suggest that what Humberto and Maritza have said, is that we do not really have time, I mean, if there is someone who has a project and [inaudible] has said that he will send that project.

So we said yes, do send it. So there is somebody else with an available project. If we do not know how to fill out the spreadsheet, send the project to me and to Maritza, so that we can try and translate that, and submit it before the 17th. We have informed this long ago, that now they have provided, they have postponed the deadline.

Dev, you have raised your hand so please go ahead.

DEV ANAND TEELUCKSINGH: Thank you. This is Dev Anand speaking. Keep in mind, that deadline was meant for the various ACs and SOs in the ICANN community. The At-Large budgetary process, you know, requires the budget proposal to be sent to the finance and budget subcommittee. And the finance and budget subcommittee has met twice to review these budget proposals. So I think the deadline, as far as At-Large is concerned, has passed.

These decisions were made on the [inaudible], and you can go to the budget workspace to see what the decisions were. Some were approved, some were not approved, and so forth. And when I say

approved, approved by the finance and budget subcommittee. So now the next step is for the staff to now transmit that information to the ICANN finance.

I don't think there is any room now, at this time, to submit a new At-Large budget request, because there is no time for the finance and budget subcommittee to review it. Thank you.

ALBERTO SOTO:

This is Alberto speaking. Thank you Dev. We will try anyway. There was also a deadline that ended, because it didn't have the right information, and it was accepted anyway. At least they accepted the proposal. I don't really know if they are going to accept the request. Are there any other questions?

Okay. So let's now go into item number seven. This is the vote of the MOU with LACNIC.

SILVIA VIVANCO:

This is Silvia Vivanco speaking. Rodrigo Saucedo, he wants to take the floor.

RODRIGO SAUCEDO:

Rodrigo Saucedo speaking now for the record. I apologize for interrupting you Alberto, but I would like to ask if I can very briefly refer for three minutes about the webinar. I have an engagement [inaudible] can't stay for longer.

ALBERTO SOTO: Alberto speaking. Yes, of course. Let's interrupt this agenda and go into this issue. Go ahead Rodrigo.

RODRIGO SAUCEDO: Rodrigo speaking again. The At-Large staff has sent an indication for the webinar we will be holding on February 18, which is this Thursday at 23 UTC, on recommendations on the final report on the geo region. This is the first webinar on the, between the GSE and LACRALO, the LACRALO community. And what we have said at that time, and this was an idea provided by Alberto, is that as opposed to the webinar slash [inaudible] we should vote, or these first four webinars, to deal with the policy development process.

So first, this is a very important and interesting issue. And the last one, unfortunately, the last webinars, we had, I think, five people. We had to cancel it because there were... The last webinar, we had to cancel it because there were only two people. So please spread the word about this new webinar, feel free to the ALSs.

It's very important that the LACRALO community starts to understand and to be more involved in policy development processes. I'm now going to share with you a link, and I ask that you pay attention to it. This is a record for the webinar, so that we can see how many people are being involved, and there are also some fields for you to leave your telephone number so that we can dial out to you.

And basically, this is what it is. I'm not going to take some more time from you. Please spread the word and please get involved and participate. I know there are a lot of people who have a lot of experience in these fields. And it's very important that all the community get involved in this.

Thank you for allowing me to speak right now. Thank you Alberto.

ALBERTO SOTO:

This is Alberto Soto speaking. Thank you very much Rodrigo. I hope you will enjoy these next meeting, this next webinar. All right, so let's go back to item number seven on the agenda, the MOU with LACNIC, and so because the deadline for comment has expired, tomorrow this vote will be open for seven days.

The only exception, and this is written, on the vote proposals, is that this needs to be approved by LACNIC. I see no issues with that, so even if they do want to make some amendments, we will have no problems either. But this is being discussed, and there will be apparently no changes.

Are there any other questions?

There are also saying here that it's important to hold the webinar. It's important to promote the webinar. So I agree with this. This is really very important. You need to have a look at the ALSs that are related to you, and please do promote that webinar, spread the word about this webinar.

I do this through Twitter and LinkedIn and Facebook. So please, do the same. Multiplication is necessary. We need more people. This is an important budget that ICANN is spending, and we are missing some very, very good training [inaudible].

So please do enroll and attend the event.

Roberto, it doesn't really matter if you're late, it is important that you're here. So let's go on now with our agenda. I'm going to wait for Humberto to come so that we can deal with item number eight, and I said we would add another issue, which is the new leaders. Humberto, Maritza, and I have met, and we discussed pending issues.

There are pending issues in Haiti and Nicaragua. Another one was requested in a public meeting, this is something I did. And we will have to somehow allow ICANN to bring [Adobe?] to Nicaragua and Haiti. I'm going to make this request for the staff as well, because I thought that Haiti already had free Skype account offered by staff, but they do not have this yet.

I suppose this is because Haiti hasn't really confirmed this. This account is exclusively for them to get in touch for the LACRALO, ALAC, and ICANN meetings, and not for any other issue. So, Silvia if you could add an action item please. Skype account for Haiti. Thank you.

Alfredo Lopez is asking me on the chat room about the continuation of the event in Columbia, which is one of the events scheduled for this year, for LACRALO. We have discussed about this, Humberto and Maritza will get in touch with Alfredo Lopez so that we can successfully continue scheduling this event, and programming it.

We don't really have that much time for that. We are thinking of a two day event with various speakers. I have asked all the Caribbean, all of the ALSs in the Caribbean, if they want to get involved so that we can hold an event for Latin America and the Caribbean. And we got an offering from one ALS from the Caribbean, and another ALS from the Dominican Republic.

So these are the two people who are coordinating this, and they are trying to bring any multistakeholder member from the respective countries who can pay for the trip, and this paying because LACRALO really doesn't have any funds to invite them.

We've also discussed the Brazil issue. We are working with [inaudible]. And there is also the Uruguay issue that we are discussing with Aida Noblia. So, please be assured that we are working very, very orderly, so that we can hold our meeting, the meeting for our region.

I'm sorry, I apologize for my delay, but I'm going from one place to the other.

Alberto Soto speaking. Dev, go ahead please. You have the floor.

DEV ANAND TEELUCKSINGH: Thank you. This is Dev. I'm glad this topic has come up earlier. I was going to raise it at the end of the call. I saw the email regarding the event in Bolivia, I believe it was, but I didn't see any particular dates assigned for this meeting.

What is the exact day for this meeting? Or the exact day for this proposed meeting? That's it.

ALBERTO SOTO: This is Alberto Soto speaking. I have circulated some email with the information, but if I'm not wrong, it is May the 7th and 8th, and we are now trying to see if someone is going to travel through the CROPP program so as to meet the eight week requirement. So it is 17th and 18th of May.

When it comes to Uruguay, it's not for June the 31st, there will be done through the CROPP round for the next budget. And are there any other questions? Dev, I see your hand up. Do you have any questions or comments?

DEV ANAND TEELUCKSINGH: Thanks. This is Dev. I could wait until we get the update on the outreach and engagement, to talk more about the CROPP. Okay.

ALBERTO SOTO: Alberto Soto. Okay, thank you very much. So Dev, you have the floor so as to speak about outreach and engagement.

DEV ANAND TEELUCKSINGH: Okay. This is Dev Anand. Thanks Alberto. This is Dev speaking. The Latin American and Caribbean members of the outreach and engagement subcommittee, are working to try to put together a list of persons in countries without ALSs, you know, to try to see if we could find enough persons that are interested in ICT or IG issues.

And then we could then contact them, and start having a dialogue with them, in order for them to become involved in At-Large. So that is ongoing, and I also want to mention that is the At-Large, the outreach calendar. And let me post a link to that.

Okay. And if you look at that calendar, we have noted several outreach events happening in the region. So I do need to have a discussion very soon as to, you know, which ones should we apply for, for CROPP. I've heard now, the event in Bolivia. I've also heard vaguely of an event in Uruguay.

So again, I need this information in order to plan this. I just also want to note also in letting the CROPP team, León Sanchez and Juan will have other persons directly involved in assisting you all to prepare the CROPP applications. So that is something else, that's something, but I just wanted to say again that please give the input for the events for the outreach calendar.

And might I suggest that perhaps maybe you can have a conference call again next week to discuss the outreach event. And then we can then decide which ones you want to submit. One of the other things that I wanted to do for outreach and engagement was to talk about Panama, but that's off the table now given the cancellation of the Panama meeting, in terms of outreach and engagement.

So we can't really discuss anything on that regard. But in terms of discussing the CROPP applications, or possible CROPP applications, perhaps you can have a call next week? And a Doodle could go out for an appropriate date and time.

Okay.

ALBERTO SOTO:

Alberto Soto speaking. Thank you very much Dev for the information. Now please bear with me a minute.

I see someone is requesting me information about the NextGen applications and the suspension of the ICANN Panama event. We do not have further information on that, so that is all we know. There is no news about this.

So far, there are no news. Dev, go ahead please. [Inaudible]...

DEV ANAND TEELUCKSINGH

Thank you. And again, I hope that a Doodle, if you agree a LACRALO call can happen next week to discuss the possible CROPP applications. That would be, I think, very helpful in order to decide which ones you want, what events we should go to and so forth.

So on the technology taskforce, two things. The technology taskforce has been trying to document the LACRALO mailing list issues, okay? And I'll post the link here. And now, what has happened is that, the key problem for the LACRALO mailing list translation issues is that there is only one person working on this in his volunteer time.

So two things have happened. One was that a proposal was sent to, a proposal was sent to the finance and budget subcommittee, asking for financial assistance to help fix this problem, and I submit it on the

LACRALO list, but I guess it wasn't picked up, but it was picked up by the ALAC. So that's, I posted a link to that proposal.

Second thing is that I do need some [posters?] for the LACRALO mailing list translation issues. There has been some [inaudible], so and it's really only just me doing the testing. So I would like some assistance, if persons could join this new mailing list, and you know, post... And we'll try out a new mailing list, and compare the machine translation, and so forth, and identify any bugs and fixes.

I'll be meeting with the person, the volunteer person at ICANN at the Marrakesh meeting. So again, a call for volunteers to help out with testing the LACRALO mailing list translation. Thanks.

ALBERTO SOTO:

Alberto Soto speaking. Thank you very much Dev. I see [inaudible] volunteering for that. Now when it comes to the NextGen question, well, NextGen is not an issue to be dealt with by LACRALO, but please bear in mind that this is carried out, this is an event or a program carried out with people, students, coming from the regions.

So if Panama is being replaced by, for example, South Africa, I mean, if the meeting would be carried out, the program will include people from South Africa. The next time we hold a meeting in our region, then the NextGen meeting will have people from our region.

But of course, as I said before, this does not depend on us. Dev, any questions? I see your hand up, please go ahead.

DEV ANAND TEELUCKSINGH: Well, I have lowered it. This is Dev. But I have just one more thing to add about the technology taskforce. And I put a link here. We've been compiling a list of translation tools that could assist anybody to help to, you know, machine translation of documents, messages, and so forth.

And it's sorted by task and by platforms. So you might want, people interested might want to check those out. That's it, from the technology taskforce side of things.

ALBERTO SOTO: Alberto Soto speaking. Thank you very much Dev. Fatima, you have the floor. Go ahead please.

FATIMA CAMBRONERO: Fatima Cambronero speaking. Thank you very much Alberto. This is Fatima for the record. Very briefly, on the NextGen program, on the applications, I would like to say that [Janice?], she is in charge of the Fellowship program, she's also in charge of the NextGen program, and there is someone else, that I don't remember the name, I think it is [inaudible], they are all in charge of the NextGen program.

So if you have any question about the NextGen program or you have applied for that program, I am at your disposal to put you in touch with [Janice]. Thank you.

ALBERTO SOTO: Alberto Soto speaking. Thank you very much Fatima. Jason, you have the floor. Go ahead please.

JASON HYNDS:

Yes, hi. My concern about the Next Generation, the NextGen program, is that the call for applications was 15 days into the 28 day process of the call for applications. So the opening of the call coincided with the opening of the call for new Fellowship applicants.

And because of the change in venue, and because of it's a regional program, and it takes participants from a region, it was suspended. Now my interest is not as an applicant for the NextGen program myself, but that the call for applications was open for 15 days, and then because of the change of venue, it was suspended.

And I'm not sure what's going to happen next, because of course, the new venue has not been decided. But what has happened is, by suspending it, participants or potential participants from our Latin American and Caribbean region, having been marketing the program and the opportunity being an open opportunity for them, no longer, through the process, no longer have the ability to apply or even attend the meeting as it moves out of region, by the program otherwise gets cancelled.

And to me, this rule is something that can be perhaps modified under the circumstances, so that participants from the LAC region, Latin America and the Caribbean, do not have to wait until 2018, when the next meeting is scheduled for the Latin region, to have an opportunity to participate under that program.

I don't know what others thing, but if it [inaudible] to the potential applicants, that would have been, that would have applied during the 28 day call, even if they had already, or were about to. Thank you.

ALBERTO SOTO:

This is Alberto Soto speaking. Thank you very much Jason. Well, the NextGen program is for students and graduate students and professionals. This is only for the region where ICANN is holding the meeting. I have already posted that information, [inaudible] has posted that information on the AC room.

So I repeat, since Panama, the Panama meeting has been cancelled, and so we do not know where the program will, the meeting will be held, well there is no way of knowing the regions. It might be in Africa or in Europe, but not with people in our region. So that's why I wanted to say, or mention, that I believe and I hope that the cancellation of the Panama meeting due to these endemic diseases, perhaps next year we'll not have these diseases, and perhaps the meeting will be held, we'll be holding a meeting in Panama next year.

Now when it comes to the Fellowship program, there you can see the rules. I mean, I don't want to take so much time for this, but the Fellowship, Fellows can apply for any region in the world. The only thing is that there are certain requirements that, for example, for certain ICANN events, or for future ICANN events, they might apply only the ones who have applied in a previous meeting, and no new Fellows.

That is not always the case, but that is something that we might take into account. I don't want to take more time to discuss this, but you can

see the link posted by Harold Arcos, and where you can find some further information. Fatima, you have the floor.

FATIMA CAMBRONERO: Fatima Cambronero speaking. I think Jason is referring to different situations. He is talking about the NextGen program on one hand, and the CROPP, and the Fellowship. We have different ideas. And that reply was provided in the corresponding list. I mean, if there were people selected for the Panama meeting, those people, I mean, they will keep their opportunity for the next NextGen meeting in the region.

There is no discussion on that. Now if the Panama meeting is being replaced by a meeting in some other region, these people that have applied for the Panama meeting will not be able to attend because they do not correspond to the region.

Now, when it comes to the CROPP program, as far as I know, unless something has been modified, the CROPP program is not for ICANN meetings, but perhaps Alberto, you can provide further information on that.

ALBERTO SOTO: Alberto Soto speaking. Jason please, if you would like to please contact me by email and I will give you further explanation or further information on the CROPP program, NextGen, and so forth. This has to do, this doesn't have to do with us, though the CROPP program does not depend on that, on us, it depends on ICANN.

Harold Arcos, you have the floor. Go ahead please.

Harold, you have the floor, go ahead please.

Alberto Soto speaking. Harold seems to be disconnected. So please Dev, you have the floor, go ahead.

DEV ANAND TEELUCKSINGH: Thanks. This is Dev. I just wanted to clarify on the CROPP program, since I'm fully aware of the CROPP program. I can also answer any questions regarding CROPP. So if there are any persons who have questions on this, by all means, Alberto, please CC me and I can also help answer those questions.

But just to answer, I believe, Fatima's question in the chat, CROPP could be used to attend the ICANN regional meeting. If there was an engagement purpose that could be realized. It was used for the ICANN 53 meeting in Argentina last year. Three persons went under that program.

So but it's, I would say, it's probably not an optimal use of the CROPP program. The CROPP program is really geared for finding...

ALBERTO SOTO: This is Alberto Soto speaking. Thank you Dev. Sorry for interrupting you. I see Harold Arcos is connected, so Harold, please, go ahead.

Alberto Soto speaking. Harold, sorry, we cannot hear you. We cannot hear your audio. We do not understand anything... I'm sorry Dev, if you have, you have the floor go ahead. Sorry for interrupting you, but my connection is cutting up. Sorry for that. Go ahead please.

DEV ANAND TEELUCKSINGH: This is Dev. I just wanted to clarify that, you know, if there are any questions on CROPP, I'd be happy to answer those questions via email. So that's it.

ALBERTO SOTO: Alberto Soto speaking. Thank you so much Dev. I see Harold is having some audio issues. Harold, please go ahead.

Alberto Soto speaking. Harold, can you hear me?

Alberto Soto speaking. I see Harold has audio issues, so let's continue. When it comes to our last item on the agenda, unfortunately Humberto is not with us, that has to do with the accountability of LACRALO Chairs and Secretariat. Humberto, are you on the call?

This is Alberto Soto speaking. Can you hear me?

SILVIA VIVANCO: This is Silvia Vivanco. There is noise coming from the AC room, so I would kindly ask you to mute your speakers, those who are not talking right now please mute your speakers.

ALBERTO SOTO: This is Alberto Soto speaking. Please be so kind and mute your speakers and phones, otherwise we have background noise. Okay. The last item on our agenda is accountability. Humberto wanted to provide you with the accountability topics. And Humberto is not here, so I have posted a

link where you will find a summary of what has been done so far. Some of the things that I have done so far. For example, the addition of Portuguese in the LACRALO meetings, together with Humberto, we had an agreement with Duo Lingual for the teaching or learning of any language with our international certificate.

We have already defined the capacity building LACRALO schedule, a program. We have different speakers for the CROPP program. We have already requested and obtained different trips, financial trips for Dominican Republic and Haiti. We have already coordinated two activities with ICANN so as to complete the capacity building program on the webinars.

We have, as Dev mentioned before, we have used the CROPP program for members to travel to the Buenos Aires meeting, in coordination with the JSE department, and together with Maritza, we have created our trivia that may be possible, that other participants into Buenos Aires, together with the secretariat, we have already implemented a survey.

And this template was extended to all of the RALOs, and now they're working on the same survey because it is highly probably that this survey is being extended to obtain or get regional leaders that might provide streaming. And there are no trainers on no RALO, perhaps some other RALO may provide that trainer so as to provide capacity building or training on certain activities.

That can be, that information can be found on the link I have posted. Then we have the LACRALO working group, they are very active working groups, and I had more than nine conference calls per week. Some of

them for more than two hours. So when I mention active participation, first of all, we need to prepare... By active participation, I mean for example, we had a meeting and that meeting that our previous document is to be read, we need to read those documents in order to be able to participate actively.

Otherwise, we won't be able to do so, and it's not good for the region to have observers. We need participants, active participants.

Alberto speaking. Unfortunately, Humberto is not here. So we will leave this obligation for next monthly meeting for Humberto to then provide us with his accountability.

HAROLD ARCOS: This is Harold speaking. Can you hear me now?

UNKNOWN SPEAKER: Go ahead please Harold.

HAROLD ARCOS: This is Harold for the record. Renata has posted, or has actually asked the question for Dev, or for Humberto. She said that the list also had a problem in the coding of the subjects of the email. So she was asking has this been solved or not? This was stemming from Dev's words, and he probably skipped this session on the chat room.

ALBERTO SOTO: This is Alberto speaking. Dev, you now have the floor. Please go ahead.

DEV ANAND TEELUCKSINGH: Thank you. This is Dev Anand. I posted a link to, in the chat, which documents the history and so forth, and some of the solutions that has been proposed. So one of the solutions that I proposed, and that was accepted by ICANN, was that subject lines should not be translated at all. And the reasoning for that would be that so that shredded conversations in email clients, people would still the thread of emails, and not lose it as we are losing it right now in our existing translation.

So that fix is already in. And I guess that sounds like you're interested in testing that mailing list translation. So you know, please let me... I think... So thank you for, you know, volunteering. That's it.

ALBERTO SOTO: This is Alberto speaking. Thank you Dev. I think Harold Arcos has volunteered. Okay. So are there any other questions now?

I don't see any other hand raised. And I just need to now thank everybody. This is the last LACRALO meeting, that I would like to thank you for your collaboration and for your support, and I hope this will grow and that you will offer this support for the new leadership.

This is what we need for LACRALO to stop having problems and to continue progressing with this. Thank you very much. Good morning, good afternoon, and good evening.

And thank you for staff, I would like to thank the staff and always the interpreters. That's why I always wait to the end. Thank you again.

[END OF TRANSCRIPTION]