

**ICANN**

**Moderator: Maryam Bakoshi  
January 17, 2018  
7:00 am CT**

Maryam Bakoshi: Good morning, good afternoon, good evening. This is the NPOC ExCom call on 17th of January, 2018 at 1300 UTC. On the call today we have Gangadhar Panday, Joan Kerr, Poncelet Ileleji, Raoul Plommer, and from staff we have myself, Maryam Bakoshi.

I'd like to remind all participants to please to your name before speaking for transcription purposes, and please mute your microphones when you're not speaking. Thank you very much, and over to you, Joan.

Joan Kerr: Thank you, Maryam Good morning, everyone and I'm glad everyone was able to make it. We'll, I guess, wait for Juan at some point. Maryam, I just have a quick question from the last meeting. There was a staff person on the call. I think her name was Andrea.

Maryam Bakoshi: Yes. So Andrea Glandon. Yes. So what happened was that my Adobe was shutting down. So I needed someone who had host privilege to come on the call and make sure that the room doesn't close when I - when it's logged off on my end.

Joan Kerr: Oh, okay. Right. I just wondered if it was more of a review or something like that. Okay.

Maryam Bakoshi: No, not at all.

Joan Kerr: Okay, great. Thanks a lot. I meant to ask that before, but since I have it down on my questions. All right. So let's get into it then. I went to the idea for presenting NPOC and I still have to do my report for CROP. And I'll do it, but I just wanted to say that I think (unintelligible) and that is the future, NPOC - there should be at least an NPOC representative.

For that meeting, I met with a number of people to try to get them to help us with our policy work and as it stands, I spoke to four people who agreed, but on paper right now we definitely have two, Destiny and (Anju). They're really, really interested in helping us on the policy work and other things. But I think we identified that's our job really. So that's what I focused on.

The sessions were really informative, and especially I was really tickled with a workshop on gender, a gender workshop. And one of the reasons was not because it was about women or anything because it wasn't about women. There was about - it was called equity and it was about, you know, men and women having equity. And I really liked the language.

I've been involved with (WIRC) as well, I guess 11, 12 years and I have always hesitated to sort of be part of the gender equity workshops and projects because I was - don't like - I'm a community person, not a, you know, person that wants only one or any specialties, and I committed to always be working. So I was really, really inspired by that workshop, that that language was being used.

So I will write my report this week I hope and send that in so it's off my plate. But I really, really recommend - and Raoul, thanks to you. It was you that really sort of highlighted it to attend. But I think that's something we should put into our plans in the future to support. Like I said, I will write my report for CROP.

Any insights on to your visit, Raoul? I know you were there for - but not for us, but any anything that you wanted to say?

Raoul Plommer: Well, I met some community network people there and it seems that the project is really gaining momentum. There's new academic research and other types of research coming in there all the time. Just before the IGF, I finished the website, like a WordPress copy of the website. And I think I'll do a little update on that, but going to move it to someone - one of the people that is posting more of this research.

And well, I've been seriously busy with this Open Knowledge Finland stuff and starting the ISOC project here with the Finnish chapter. And I think we just got the signatures. So now it's just a matter of starting - kicking off the project next week. So I've been like seriously busy with that.

And they also got me as their treasure for Open Knowledge Finland. So I've been quite busy with that, but still trying to take care of the NPOC responsibilities.

Joan Kerr: Well, I know we are all here.

Raoul Plommer: Yes.

Joan Kerr: Yes. No, it's all right. All right. So I think that takes care of Geneva for now. I'll send out my report like I said. All right, let's just go to travel plans (unintelligible) LA. Everyone is confirmed. I know that I sound like I'm a pain, but I always send a confirmation before sending out names and which is a good thing that I did because I thought that Destiny was actually confirmed.

I spoke with him, asked if there was any issues and no, no, no. I'm on. I mean I spoke with him face to face. So there's no - he - I said, you know, we needed to meet and (unintelligible). But that he discussed before the day when - I guess he didn't get his visa. He said, I didn't get - I don't have my visa.

So I go, why do you need a visa? Because I asked if there were any issues. He says oh, I thought I was going to get it and it wasn't going to be a problem. So anyway, we've got (Arula). Thank you, Poncelet. That was wonderful and I think he has agreed. So I think we're on track with that anyway.

So for my part, (unintelligible) with - it's not Brian Winterfeldt anymore. It's actually with Tony Harris. They changed it on the call yesterday. I sent Tony an email saying that we should start the plan, but he didn't respond. So our job as the intersession is - specifically is co-chairing. There was no other NPOC names on co-chairing for NCSG.

However, we have to do a presentation on the constituency, which highlights our plans and our goals for 2018 calendar year. So that's an interesting terminology. So, sorry. Olevie, are you saying something?

Olevie Kouami: (Unintelligible).

Joan Kerr: Poncelet?

Maryam Bakoshi: Apologies everyone for that. I'm asking the operator to mute Olevie's line.

Joan Kerr: Okay.

Maryam Bakoshi: Okay. It's gone on mute now. Thank you very much for your patience.

Joan Kerr: No worries. So who would like to do the presentation for - because - now when I say who, it's - obviously we're all going to have to work on it. And it's only less than 10 days really, 11 days to - but to actually do the presentation for NPOC. No, I can do it but I'm also the chair for that session.

So anyway, consider it, think about it and let me know if anyone would like to do it at the - in LA. No volunteers? No. All right. I'll talk to Juan and we'll start to do a Google doc so people can have input in it. And maybe Juan should do it because he's the communications chair, but I see that Ganga said that he can do it. But this is going to be very specific. We only have (unintelligible) actually priorities to work on and (unintelligible).

All right. Well, I will leave it at that and we can decide. I'll start the Google Doc and send it out. All right? Okay.

Raoul Plommer: Sorry, Joan.

Joan Kerr: Yes?

Raoul Plommer: We couldn't hear anything. There's like some big disturbance. I think somebody else has their mic on.

Joan Kerr: You didn't hear anything I just said?

Raoul Plommer: Like the last 30 seconds, yes.

Joan Kerr: Okay.

Maryam Bakoshi: Joan?

Joan Kerr: Yes?

Maryam Bakoshi: Sorry, Joan. Can I just make this announcement again?

Joan Kerr: Sure.

Maryam Bakoshi: Please everyone, mute your microphones please. Thank you very much. Gangadhar, it was your line. I have muted you from the AT room. Thank you.

Joan Kerr: Okay. Poncelet, you have - should I just repeat what I just said then?

Maryam Bakoshi: Yes please. Thank you, Joan.

Joan Kerr: Okay. I was just talking about the presentation for NPOC. Who would like to be the presenter? The presenter has to - has 12 minutes to talk about our goals, priorities and work plan for 2018, plus answer questions from the attendees. So if we have anyone that would like to be the presenter, that was the question.

And Ganga indicated that he would do it with guidance. But this is like a very streamlined, focused presentation. So please do let me know if anyone wants

to work on that. And I also said that I would start the Google Doc for the content. I would prefer not to be the one that do it, but if I have to do it, I'll do it. So please do let me know, volunteers.

All right. So that's for the actual presenting, not for the content. We can all do the content together. Sorry, who's going to speak? I know I've - Poncelet has his hand up. Poncelet, can you go ahead please? Can't hear you. Poncelet, we can't hear you.

Raoul Plommer: I could maybe give the presentation as if - I mean if nobody else wants to do it either. But like I'd still want to consider that. We've still got a couple of weeks. So we can still think who really wants to present it.

Joan Kerr: Like I said, I can do it. There can be more than one person by the way, you know. So Poncelet, we can't hear you. Okay, no audio for Poncelet.

Yes. I can't hear anything.

Raoul Plommer: Joan Kerr: No. Okay. So when he comes on we can continue on. All right. Puerto Rico. Any travel issues with Puerto Rico at all? None. I haven't heard anything from Sam and I think that (Oreo) has been taken care of. So I think that we're good for that. The Puerto Rico outreach event, let's talk about that for a second.

The last time we had our meeting, one of my actions was to collaborate with (unintelligible) Eduardo from ALAC. Okay, Ganga, I see that. Just once second. Ganga, is it on Puerto Rico or ...

Raoul Plommer: Yes.

Joan Kerr: ... it's about travel to - okay. Go ahead, Ganga.

Gangadhar Panday: Good evening all. This is Gangadhar (unintelligible). My commissioner has arrived from India SIG which is happening for this (unintelligible) ICANN62. So I need you to (unintelligible) travel plans.

Joan Kerr: You need to discuss?

Gangadhar Panday: As I will schedule my travel plans.

Joan Kerr: Your travel plans. Okay, go ahead.

Gangadhar Panday: Actually I'm starting here on the 8th of March and arriving in Puerto Rico in time for the ICANN61. But now I need to start around the 4th of this - of March for that. I so need to make a request for a visa (unintelligible) I wanted to know the (unintelligible).

Joan Kerr: Right. So have you received your travel information already?

Gangadhar Panday: Yes.

Joan Kerr: So I would think that you have to speak with - and so you want to travel for the internet school Is that ...

Gangadhar Panday: Yes. (Unintelligible).

Joan Kerr: And will they cover your accommodations?

Gangadhar Panday: Yes.

Joan Kerr: So you have to - I think I told you this before. You have to - CT will only cover the approved travel dates. But Maryam, it doesn't matter if someone wants to - you travel before. There's no extra cost. The only thing is if they've traveled, it - if they've booked it already, the change has a cost to it, right?

Maryam Bakoshi: Yes. So that's right. So it's Maryam for the record. So when I say approved travel dates, so you can travel before then, but it will only cover the approved for accommodation per diem or anything else. So Ganga can go before then, but he would have to cover any of the expense until the date of his approval start.

Joan Kerr: Right, and I explained that to him before.

Maryam Bakoshi: Yes.

Joan Kerr: However, the travel dates can be moved because there is no extra cost unless it's been booked already.

Maryam Bakoshi: Yes. So that's another issue is if it's been booked already, then he would have to go back to thinking. If there's a travel cost involved, he might have to pay the difference. So he does - if they have to pay anything extra to change the dates, then Ganga might have to do that. So please send CT an email now so that it is done - so that on their radar and you get - yes.

Joan Kerr: Yes. That's exactly what I told him to do, so because there's nothing we can do from our end. Now, Ganga, you - I sent you the information for the fellowship from the coordinator. Will they cover your expenses such as any cost for the travel?

Gangadhar Panday: Yes.

Joan Kerr: So make sure you talk to them first. I mean they - I believe it's for people who have been approved for ICANN61. So there's - they don't incur the travel costs, but they will cover your hotel and I don't know what the other expenses. But I would ask them first if there are any costs associated with changes in your travel - in your flight, if they will cover it. I would ask that first.

Gangadhar Panday: Yes.

Joan Kerr: Unless you were to pay the difference yourself.

Gangadhar Panday: And there's one more thing which can save a lot of money for us on travel. Because from (unintelligible) to Puerto Rico, there's really they're up about 25 days. I can stay in America for this day, 25 days so that I may not come back to India and again fly from India all the way. I can just fly from the east coast.

Joan Kerr: Okay. So I didn't quite hear what that issue was. So like I said, follow up with the fellow - with (Alfredo). Ask if they would extend any extra costs. And then I'd say you need to know that as soon as possible. And then the decision is what whatever they say, yes or no. Then you have to decide if you will meet that cost and then talk to constituency travel. But that's sort of the go forward plan. Okay?

Gangadhar Panday: Yes. I just have to put a measure, you can do it the most ways.

Joan Kerr: Yes. Okay, because I do it all the time. I go early, but it's at my own cost. So it can be done. Okay? All right. Next, Poncelet, are you able to - do you have audio now? We're not hearing from Poncelet. All right. Coming back

to join. Yes. All right. So Poncelet still doesn't have - and his hand is down anyway.

All right and next. And everyone else is okay? So let's talk about the outreach events then. You were saying something, Raoul.

Poncelet Ileleji: Can you hear me?

Joan Kerr: Yes.

Maryam Bakoshi: Yes, Poncelet. We can hear you.

Joan Kerr: There's lots of static. Okay, go ahead.

Poncelet Ileleji: Okay. I just wanted to talk. Okay. So in regards to all this talk we have been doing on - okay (unintelligible). in regards to all this talk we have been doing on policy, I think things have been going on well in terms of the comments on key policy areas which myself and also Joan has been responding to and sometimes Martin from - our now counselor.

And what we have also done, between the SSC or standing committee, we have also left the - that's something more. We have also left the current and share that, you know, collaborative. So on that, things have been going on well. They wanted someone from the PC to be (unintelligible) for the volunteer for the projects, you know.

And I asked them on our Skype group. I didn't get any response. You know, what I (unintelligible) I didn't get any response from anybody in the chat (unintelligible). I just decided to not apply for it, to volunteer for it because I

felt that it's important that I have to have buy in from (unintelligible), whether it's good for it.

But I felt it was very important because we had a deadline to submit, I don't know (unintelligible) or Rafik. But I never got any (unintelligible). I don't know whether I should have sent it by email, but I just felt since it was urgent, it was last week, we could not have done that.

There are some reports that have recently been published on the NCGS discourse list, which in regards to the NonCom which there will be two public teleconferences on the 25th, next week Thursday to discuss that, you know. So that is the ICANN NonCom review process you know.

So that is the one thing that is going - about the order stop in terms of policies. There are things that are ongoing that I've shared with this (unintelligible). Also - yes, so those are the major items, except people have questions for me.

Joan Kerr: Yes. Thanks, Poncelet. So I have a couple of questions for you. We were talking about Puerto Rico, but I'll get back to that because of your connectivity, if that's okay with everyone. Did we submit any policy comments on any of the policy in December?

Poncelet Ileleji: Yes.

Joan Kerr: Okay, great. So ...

Poncelet Ileleji: Yes. The CCRT and the ones I did that I shared, yes.

Joan Kerr: Yes.

Poncelet Ileleji: And (unintelligible) was to review, because - yes, because what happens is that when we wanted to (unintelligible) understand the new NPOC policy which I shared on Google Docs. I think Raoul made a comment and I think Joan and that was it, you know. So I can only submit when we get the consensus. That's what happens to my knowledge and how it has always been I think.

Joan Kerr: It was actually submitted. So can I get back - that's great, Poncelet. Thank you so much. Yes. That's - I'm reading the notes there. So let's just go back to Puerto Rico and the outreach event, which is number two. So we're planning to have an outreach event.

And Renata has asked me if we would like to collaborate with NCUC to do an outreach event for the not-for-profits. How does everybody feel about that, doing a joint event?

Raoul Plommer: Yes, let's do that. Sounds excellent.

Joan Kerr: Great. I said to her I was open to it, but I will make sure that everyone else agrees.

Raoul Plommer: Yes.

Joan Kerr: Wonderful.

Raoul Plommer: I think that's we wanted since Johannesburg.

Joan Kerr: Absolutely.

Raoul Plommer: So let's do this.

Joan Kerr: Yes. So all right. So I will work with her and make sure that everybody is (unintelligible). Are there any objection to (unintelligible).

Poncelet Ileleji: Was that - Joan, is that with NCUC?

Joan Kerr: Right. It will be a joint ...

Poncelet Ileleji: Was that joint event with NCUC? Oh, perfect. I'm happy about that.

Joan Kerr: Great. Wonderful. Okay, great. So I will continue working with her with that and make sure that everybody is - are there no objections? Everyone is in agreement. Okay. So I will work with her and make sure that everyone is copied and has the information for that. Great. So we will have more information as we travel along.

In terms of the printing, I'm just looking through the action items from last time. I did liaise with Eduardo and Alfredo from Puerto Rico and sent them a request for contacts with the not-for-profits. I haven't heard anything yet. I think they're collating a list for me. So we will - I will follow up with that again. I think I copied everyone, my last message as well.

Juan, I - yes. We - I did submit the one for the PR leadership, and I also put Ganga as an alternative because that's what he requested. I spoke with Sam regarding the - he's not co-chairing any sessions at the intersessional, but he will be there.

I think that's pretty - the LA intersession is pretty well I think done in its planning. There's a few tweaking, but other than that, that's going really, really well. Actually I will send the action plans that came from - let me just

put that down, actions that came from yesterday's meeting so that everybody's aware what the next stage is and have it at your fingertips.

And I think Maryam sent the recording, so if anybody wants to listen. But I did actually write down the actions for that so that we who were not on the call could see it. Voting was for (unintelligible). Now, Poncelet, did you receive the voting - active voting list from Maryam?

So there were two things for you, Poncelet. You were to send a draft of two public comments and Maryam to send Poncelet active voting lists. Was that - yes. Okay, she - you did receive that. All right.

Poncelet Ileleji: I never got that.

Joan Kerr: You never got it?

Poncelet Ileleji: The active voting list.

Joan Kerr: Okay.

Maryam Bakoshi: Yes. Poncelet, (unintelligible).

Poncelet Ileleji: Which one, for this year?

Maryam Bakoshi: Yes. Remember, last year it was sent to you.

Poncelet Ileleji: Okay. Yes, I got that last year. I got that. Yes.

Maryam Bakoshi: Okay, great.

Joan Kerr: So these actions ...

Poncelet Ileleji: Yes. I got that. Thank you.

Joan Kerr: Wonderful. Now, it's a send to contact Rudy. And I think he's been trying. But Maryam, you were also supposed to do that too. Did you have a chance to contact him or get any information from him?

Maryam Bakoshi: Yes. Maryam for the record. Yes, I did but he hasn't responded yet. So I'm going to follow up on it again and hopefully by next week, I should get some information. Thank you.

Joan Kerr: Okay, great. Yes. No, I see him sometimes and he doesn't respond to me either so. And Raoul, it says by February 2018 and we're - both Juan and I are continuing with the promotional content. Now, the - everyone was sent a copy via Google Doc for the flyer and for the booklet.

ICANN has agreed to print the booklets. It's not that many and the flyers for us as well, and they're designing it. So we have to give some input on the design. Any thoughts on what the designs should be just in case we're asked? I was thinking - I'll give you my idea.

For the flyer, I think we should have a dark - a border with a dark blue that looks like the same color as the NPOC logo, at least around that. And Agustina did actually insert the banner like I asked her to, and the logo and it looks really, really nice. If everybody has a chance, take a look at it. Very streamlined, very clear, very quick information is on the flyer.

And the booklet, she had it as starter's guide, but I changed it to the beginner's guide to NPOC. And I think that some of that information should be on the

website as well. Really good sourced information. So those are - I'm going to recommend that the borders be blue and just make it very, very streamlined and clear.

Any other thoughts about that? I know we're going to be asked on the design. So that's why I'm saying it. Sounds good? Yes, no, maybe so?

Raoul Plommer: Sounds good.

Joan Kerr: Okay. All right. So we'll finish that. So just on the action items, I'm going to get all of the action items and put them on Trello as a to-do and then every month we go through them to make sure that we actually keep on track because it's so easy to get lost because a month comes by so quickly with all the other stuff you have to do for NPOC.

So all right, great. Maryam added the action on Trello. Great. So I will visit that every Friday and look at that so that at least everyone knows when I'm going to look at it and can add information. All right. Let's move on to number three, if there are no questions. Any questions? No hands up. Great.

Number three. I'm going to suggest something if that's okay with everyone, is that every month we have written reports for what our activities are. Now, when I say that, I really want to actually take some of that report and write an open letter to the members and just quote, you know, this is what we've been doing, this is how many members we've had, this is the promotional literature that we're looking at, this is the Trello that has been updated like so that everybody is actually included, so that the members know what we're doing.

So I'll be extrapolating information on what people are writing. How does

that sound as opposed to - okay, go ahead, Poncelet. Poncelet, you have your hand up. Go ahead please.

Poncelet Ileleji: Yes, thank you, Joan. I like that idea. Yes. Thank you, Joan. I like the idea, but what I want, let us have a (unintelligible) communication with what is going on policy because what is good on (unintelligible), this is what is going on events. So have a (unintelligible) set on (Google Docs) whereby monthly, everybody will just go to that group, put in their (unintelligible) on what activity that they have been following or doing.

Joan Kerr: Excellent. I will do that. That's a great idea.

Poncelet Ileleji: Then one (unintelligible) (Google Docs) and then it will be shared. Okay. Thanks.

Joan Kerr: Great. I will do that. I think that's a nice one so everybody can just plunk in their ideas and then we can send that out to the members after each meeting. The reason we would after each meeting is that then we can talk about is it approved, are their comments that we need to submit, things like that, et cetera. So yes, I will do the template because I like the idea. Thanks you, Poncelet. Great idea.

How does everybody feel about that sort of strategy? We're good? Yes, okay. So it's not meant...

Raoul Plommer: I had some difficulties in hearing exactly what Poncelet said. Could you paraphrase it?

Joan Kerr: Sure. What he's proposing is that I create a template, which would be a (unintelligible) template that so people like Poncelet, yourself can just put

your information about what you're doing as opposed to you writing a huge report, which is very daunting. You can say yes, I've updated the Trello with this information. Here it's been aligned to whatever. It's just meant to be an update almost as opposed to a report. Yes. And I think it's an excellent idea. Because the whole report thing is, it just, it takes up a lot of time of course. You have to sit down and write them. But this way, if you can plunk in your information in a template and we have that as monthly go-forward plan with the actions and stuff, I think that will be more streamlined and I think it's good.

Raoul Plommer: We could even maybe make a list for each of the Ex-Com people to have those lists like update those because then they will be straight there in the Trello already and all we need to do is update them. We don't have to make reports but we'd all see all of the work that we're doing currently.

Joan Kerr: Right, well, that's the idea of the template. It's in place of a report because sometimes we can hardly hear because of connectivity but at least if we have that, then at that point it's a question or a clarification.

Raoul Plommer: Like a text template?

Joan Kerr: Yes. This is not for the website. This is just for the EC meetings and then the idea is to take -- what I would do is do a chair's report to the website and to the discuss list, here's what we've been doing as your EC sort of thing.

Raoul Plommer: Right, right. Okay. Yes.

Joan Kerr: Because we're not reporting -- I don't feel that we're reporting to our members and I think we just need to up that in addition to the policy comments.

Raoul Plommer: Yes. In fact, I think if -- like it might be useful to make this Trello list for each person because then you'd actually see and maybe have a one sort of done list at the end. We could just -- because in Trello, you can also put your own face to the projects that are going on to each of the cards. So you can basically see straight off the back from the faces who is doing those projects and if they're done or not, and if there's been new ones for that person. And you make a really easy -- I think we really need a few hours sort of light meeting for using the Trello to really make it useful. Because I think it would be just like one hour, we could establish what could we do. It would be nice to have a sort of streamlined process where we were all working on those cards and then reports making out of those would be really easy because you can attach links and everything to these cards.

Joan Kerr: I think it's a great idea and I think we should do it. The purpose of what I'm trying to say is that this is a quick and easy report for our members. This is not the administrative functionality of what we're doing. So the reporting, say, for example, number three on our agenda. It has (care) report. Instead of me saying, oh yes, I've gone to this meeting, blah, blah, blah, and then somebody else says, yes, I was in that meeting. It's a report that we could see very quickly and the new can have questions.

So the purpose of it is to be very quick and have a report to the EC so that we can then just take that small report and send it off to say this is what your EC has been doing this month, period, very quick. What you're saying is -- which I like -- is the actions and putting a face and responsibility to it, which I think is needed as well. So it's two separate things if you know what I mean.

Raoul Plommer: Yes, it would make it a little clearer.

Joan Kerr: (Unintelligible) don't want to hear that we've attended seven meetings. I just wanted to hear what we're accomplishing, right.

Raoul Plommer: Right, yes.

Joan Kerr: Does that make sense?

Raoul Plommer: Uh-huh.

Joan Kerr: I'm saying yes to what you're saying and I'm saying it's a two phase sort of thing. Okay. So for example, on Trello, we should have an administrative box that has -- or somewhere -- that has all of the graphics, and templates, and stuff for the next EC in case -- somewhere where we put things that people can find them because instead of asking for things all the time, they should be readily available.

Raoul Plommer: Right.

Joan Kerr: And you pointed out on the (unintelligible) as well, the wiki hasn't been updated...

((Crosstalk))

Joan Kerr: ... since 2015 and NCSG pointed that out that none of the wikis actually were updated. So who is responsible for the wiki? That's the other question.

Maryam Bakoshi: Hi, Joan. I'm responsible for the wiki and up until now, NPOC wasn't really using the wiki.

Joan Kerr: Right.

Maryam Bakoshi: But if we want to, we can start doing it and then I can update it.

Joan Kerr: Okay. All right, so we need to put some more information on that as well. All right. Any reporting on number four then? So we're all agreeing that we're going to do the template for number three and do a send out to our members. That's a strategy for number three and I will do the template. I have it down. Number four, any reporting. So you wanted to do -- so Raoul, the charter, did you want to say anything about the charter?

Raoul Plommer: Yes, it's starting to look fairly clean. Juan has done a fair bit of editing there as well. I've still actually got to respond to most of his comments or a few of them, but yes, they seem to be quite to the point and he's done a lot of work in looking up some of the questions and how they are referred to, whether they're right. I've gotten through a few of them and it's actually starting to look really good.

The last one thing we haven't done is basically have a look at the charter and compare our new charter to the old one and see if it's missing in the new one. And then if it is, we need to consider whether it should be there or not. But I think then we're really -- we finished it. And so that should only take not more than a couple of hours.

Joan Kerr: So should we ask for them to be printed, the old and the new, and we go through it if we can for an hour in LA somehow?

Raoul Plommer: Yes. That would be really good.

Joan Kerr: Since most people are going to be there anyway. Maryam, are you in LA?

Maryam Bakoshi: Joan, no, I'm not going to be there for the intersessional, no.

Joan Kerr: Is there any way that we could have someone print five copies or six copies of the old and the new charter for us so that we can go through it?

Maryam Bakoshi: Sure, I can print it when I go to LA next week and then leave it with one of my colleagues to give you.

Joan Kerr: Okay. So does that sound good everyone? I think, I don't know, for me, that's the best way to sort of go hand in hand. Because it's hard to go back and forth sometimes.

Raoul Plommer: Yes, at least the original one would be really helpful.

Joan Kerr: Right, so that we're cross-referencing.

Raoul Plommer: Yes.

Joan Kerr: Okay. And might I ask, Raoul, if you could send the link to everyone so that they're in the right documents as well, just to review it, if they have time before the intersessional, please?

Raoul Plommer: Yes, actually, I've done it just in the Adobe chat. It's right at the beginning of the chat. I placed the Googling there but I can also send an email and to also to describe what we're going to do there.

Joan Kerr: Great. It's just so that I always want to make sure everybody is in the same document.

Raoul Plommer: Yes, sure.

Joan Kerr: Great, thanks.

Raoul Plommer: It helps.

Joan Kerr: Yes. So Juan is not on the call. The website, I really think that we need to start to look at our members' profiles. That's something we can do after the intersessional. We can talk about that maybe in March and start to put profiles after you finished integrating the Trello to npoc.org. Raoul, that's the next one and then we can start to put the content up, such as our member's profile.

Raoul Plommer: One question about the Trello. Maryam, how fast can we pay them if we actually wanted to start using the professional version of Trello?

Maryam Bakoshi: So I think we can pay them now. We can pay them today but the question is who is paying for it. Is it NPOC or are we charging it to the budget ICANN has for database and...

Raoul Plommer: Comms.

Maryam Bakoshi: No, comms. We can't charge it to comms because it's Trello.

Joan Kerr: It's for the website.

Maryam Bakoshi: Yes, so we can charge it to the budget for the website.

Raoul Plommer: Right, okay. This would be going on the website and I think there might even be something making the integration a breeze if you're actually willing to pay for it.

Maryam Bakoshi: Yes, that's a possibility but we just need to factor it into the money that's made available for NPOC for website building, database, and integration, and stuff like that.

Raoul Plommer: Right, the Trello one, I think it's something like \$50 or \$100 a year so we're not talking that much.

Maryam Bakoshi: They wouldn't have a separate budget for it.

Raoul Plommer: Isn't the comms for the website?

Maryam Bakoshi: No, comms is not for website. It was a different ABR request that was given to us. Actually, it was a direct request to the technical team at that point.

Raoul Plommer: Okay.

Joan Kerr: So we can ask for it under the website, right?

Maryam Bakoshi: Yes, that's correct and also, it's important to remember that we have the rolling \$9,000 odd grant that you could use for having -- getting someone to do the website professionally and they would do all those things, rather than Raoul or Juan doing it themselves and not be getting paid for it. There is provision to get a professional to do it.

Raoul Plommer: Right, this is exactly what I was talking about. So basically, then we would only need to take care of the content of the Trello.

Maryam Bakoshi: Yes, that's correct. So Joan...

Joan Kerr: (Unintelligible) start then.

Maryam Bakoshi: So Joan, we can take this offline and then when we have a meeting with the developers on Friday, we can ask if it's something they're able to do or we get someone else to do it.

Joan Kerr: All right, great.

Raoul Plommer: I heard on Friday there's a meeting about the registry and everything or the register for membership.

Maryam Bakoshi: No, not the register, the developer for the member database. So the leadership -- so from the leadership chair, the consistency chairs and SG chairs will have a meeting with the developer on Friday.

Raoul Plommer: Okay.

Maryam Bakoshi: And then they will feed it back to the rest of the Ex-Com.

Raoul Plommer: All right. Yes, well, it's good that we had a talk about this just before that then.

Joan Kerr: All right, so I will go ahead and ask about that at that meeting then and it's Martin that's on the call, right? Martin (unintelligible)?

Maryam Bakoshi: Yes, Martin (unintelligible) from (unintelligible). That's correct.

Joan Kerr: All right. So the website I think that I'll ask about the design. We need to do the profiles. We should actually do a plan for it but we can talk about that later. We talked about the tracking of the ECs. I'm going to create the

template and have people plunk in their information and I think that Poncelet has given his report now. Poncelet, is there comments that we need to look at this month that's forthcoming that you've prepared, or looked at, or will prepare? Poncelet?

Poncelet Ileleji: Joan, sorry, no I heard you. Yes, I will just see the CCWG, the recommendations for the CCWG. That's what I will (unintelligible) up to (unintelligible) those are the main ones.

Joan Kerr: Okay. So if you could -- again, if we could submit every month our meetings but we can improve the comments as coming from NPOC starting next month that will be great. So if you could send that off to us so that we can review it as an organization. Obviously, you could do it as an individual. That would be great. So would you be able to do that then?

Poncelet Ileleji: (Unintelligible) organization what I want to say, we are (unintelligible) for next month. When I do comments on what I do on NCSG, SG, PC or within NPOC, that NPOC comment, let's (unintelligible) five days for each -- for everybody to okay it. I'll put it on Google Docs five days. Is that okay?

Joan Kerr: Sorry, I did not understand what you said.

Poncelet Ileleji: I said (unintelligible) comment consult and I'm responding on behalf of NPOC. When I make the comments, I'll share it on Google Docs for members to approve or fix then we send it off.

Joan Kerr: Right, yes, that's great. That's exactly...

Poncelet Ileleji: Five days and I will make it known. Okay. Thank you.

Joan Kerr: Okay, thanks. Great. So we don't have any comments to approve this time but they will be available on Google Docs for everyone. Let's go to representation. Raoul, are you on RDS at all?

Raoul Plommer: No.

Joan Kerr: And I think we can -- I know that Juan had done some recommendations for the diversity one. So that was actually we participated in that one. Yay. Ganga, how many...

Raoul Plommer: I've gone through some of the NomCom review paper. I haven't finished it all. I've read maybe the first ten pages of the 30 but basically, I think my personal recommendation just from the first ten pages would be that apparently, GAC is not using its seat in the NomCom and currently, the GNSO has eight, no, sorry, seven seats in the NomCom and out of those seven, the business stakeholder group has four. So basically registries, registrars, and the NCSG has only three altogether. And I think I've already been talking -- I used some of the IGF to talk to people about this to the registry and registrar representatives and I think that they're kind of curious of how would we change the amount of seats in NomCom without touching the other parts of ICANN who also have seats in NomCom.

And it seems GAC is not using theirs. I would suggest that the GNSO takes an eighth chair in NomCom and then gives two seats at the NomCom to each stakeholder group. So basically, the result would be that the non-commercial stakeholder group, the registry and registrar stakeholder group would each get two instead of the current one and the business stakeholder group would lose two. So that's basically -- that's going to be my suggestion like from the stuff I read so far.

Joan Kerr: Yes, that sounds like a good -- pending no objections, I guess we will deal with the objections -- but that's a good suggestion. I think we probably could get support from the business community. They're really reaching out to -- well, I should say a number of the business representatives have reached out to me on collaboration but I want to know what that looks like and why are they reaching out to NPOC and not NCSG. So that's always my -- maybe it's my political background. I like things open. So I said, well, write us an invitation and let us see it. I don't want to make these -- I'm not the type of person that makes behind the back relationships. I don't like that.

Raoul Plommer: Yes. No closed cabinets for NPOC.

Joan Kerr: No chance. So I said, well, we're happy to collaborate. Let's just have it out in the open in what you're proposing. I haven't seen anything.

Raoul Plommer: Right.

Joan Kerr: So, okay great. Any other business arising? Just Ganga, very quickly, any new members and what is our membership count?

Raoul Plommer: Ganga is typing.

Joan Kerr: Okay. So new members, three approved. Okay. So we need to send out total of 83. Woo, 83. Oh my goodness. That's what I want to know. Okay.

Raoul Plommer: Excellent.

Joan Kerr: So I'm hoping -- I'll have to look -- oh, wow. So yes, we should always have a report on our members. That's wonderful. This is great. So I'm hoping one of our members is (unintelligible) because she wants to be on the policy -- help

us with policy and other work. So that's fantastic. So this is the sort of thing I want to tell our members that we're growing and this is the whole idea of this reporting and short report to the members. So that's fantastic.

So let's keep up the work of really, really being out there and promoting NPOC. I think we're growing guys. Fantastic. Any other business anyone? No?

Raoul Plommer: There was -- I think pretty much everyone has forgotten that we were supposed to make ABR for this meeting, which is additional budget request, and that's something -- those need to be done I think it was the 30th of this month. So basically, we've still got two weeks to think of decent proposals for, I don't know, it could be worthwhile to ask for additional budget request for one particular meeting in a year where we could all meet each other and it wouldn't be an ICANN meeting. I think that would give us some time to work on some of our issues and then participate the rest of the thing around it. Because I mean, if we, for example, if we got a session in one of these internet (unintelligible) meetings, then we could go there to do the session and then have some additional budget requests for a couple of more Ex-Com members to come there as well. And we could all meet together and then work on NPOC while that's going.

Because in the ICANN meeting, there's a lot of stuff that you can't do right there. It's all happening at the same time. So it would be nice to have a little spare time just for NPOC.

Joan Kerr: I agree. So Maryam is saying it may not be approved but...

Poncelet Ileleji: I want to say something about -- Maryam just made a comment -- Poncelet speaking -- Maryam just made a comment in regards to that. And what I

would suggest, I would say we should use that additional budget request for IGF so that we all back in the day (unintelligible) set up of NPOC, all the Ex-Com are able to be at the IGF (unintelligible). I think that would be (unintelligible) for additional budget request to get maybe at least all our Ex-Com in the IGF. I don't know (unintelligible) that's my suggestion. Thank you.

Joan Kerr: Maybe what we could do, Raoul, is maybe suggest at ICANN 62 or something like that, have a day prior.

Raoul Plommer: Yes, that's a really good idea, actually. We can also make more than one of these additional budget requests. Basically, we just need to sell those ideas and I think these two that already came up meeting at the IGF maybe not with the whole Ex-Com, but at least four or five us. And so that would be really good and as well, the one day before an ICANN meeting that would be awesome as well. We could really use that.

Joan Kerr: So we'll have to do a little bit of research to see what they approve but that way the travel is not extra. The only extra is the accommodations technically.

Raoul Plommer: That's right, yes, and per diems.

Joan Kerr: But anyway, I think that's probably a better way to do it than to have us all going on a separate trip as well.

Raoul Plommer: That's true actually. It would definitely be cheaper and since we're still doing NPOC things, it's quite natural to do it on the side. Yes.

Joan Kerr: Right. All right, great. So we'll work on that then. Did you want me to start a Google Doc for that or would you start it? Do you want to take the lead on that?

Raoul Plommer: Yes, I can make an email about the ABRs for the Ex-Com and we'll take it from there.

Joan Kerr: All right. Great. Anyone else has any other business?

Maryam Bakoshi: Joan, Maryam. So just in response to ABRs, I created, for NCOC and NPOC a template for the ABRs so you can just plunk in the information there and then I can (unintelligible) that and put it in the original template and submit it when it's time. So I'm going to (unintelligible) a bit and send it to the Ex-Com for NPOC.

Joan Kerr: Okay, great.

Raoul Plommer: Maryam, could you even link that template and make a card in Trello and then give us the link to Trello to the email?

Joan Kerr: So it's on record.

Maryam Bakoshi: Sure. I'll do both. Yes, it's on Google Docs so I'll do both.

Raoul Plommer: Excellent. It might take a while for us to get used to using the Trello, but once we do, I think it's going to be a really sort of straightforward easy thing to do it.

Joan Kerr: Yes, the upfront work is always the setting up, isn't it?

Raoul Plommer: Yes, that's right, getting the attitude and sort of mindset for it.

Joan Kerr: So I have one other question. Regarding the call on Friday for the website, should I put you, or Juan, or both in charge of that to work with (Systopia), that's the company, to talk about what it would look like and the design?

Raoul Plommer: That was 15:00 UTC wasn't it?

Joan Kerr: Yes.

Raoul Plommer: Okay. I might not be on time to make that. I think I'll be taking maybe even until 16:00 UTC but yes, so are you attending it or is there somebody else attending on your behalf?

Joan Kerr: No, I'm attending it.

Raoul Plommer: Okay. Cool. Well, I mean maybe you could give my name there too and if I can make it earlier, I'll be there because it is relevant.

Maryam Bakoshi: Joan, Maryam for the record. I'm just trying to understand your request now to Raoul. Is it to attend the meeting on Friday or to be the point of contact for when (unintelligible)?

Joan Kerr: The point of contact.

Maryam Bakoshi: Okay. That's what I understood. So I think Raoul understood it the other way around.

Joan Kerr: No, the point of contact.

Raoul Plommer: Maybe both. Maybe let them know that I'll join to or...

Joan Kerr: Okay. Poncelet, we're wrapping up anyway. Thank you so much. So I think that's it for everybody's in agreement with everything and we're good for the next steps. And our next meeting then will be back on track. So we're going to be in LA on the 31st. That's when I arrive and our meeting would normally be on the 14th of February. Did we want to make it on the 21st or?

Man 1: 21st is fine.

Raoul Plommer: Sounds good to me.

Joan Kerr: Okay. So next meeting, the 21st then. Wonderful. Great. Thanks a lot guys. Great work. Let's keep going. We're making progress. So we're done, Maryam. Thank you.

Maryam Bakoshi: Thank you everyone. Have a good day.

((Crosstalk))

Raoul Plommer: Bye-bye.

END