

**ICANN**

**Moderator: Maryam Bakoshi**  
**April 25, 2016**  
**10:00 am CT**

Maryam Bakoshi: Good morning, good afternoon, good evening. This is the NPOC ExComm call on 25 April 2016 , on the call today we have Olevie Kouami, Rudi Vansnick, Sam Lanfranco, Joan Kerr. And we have – yeah, and we have Klaus Stoll. And from staff we have myself, Maryam Bakoshi. I'd like to remind all participants to please state your name before speaking for transcription purposes. Thank you very much. Over to you, Rudi.

Rudi Vansnick: Thank you, Maryam. Rudi for the transcript. We have a quite a short agenda for this call. The first thing that I would like to talk about is the Helsinki meeting, as I got quite some more information on what's going on, on what's going to happen over there. And the next one and the second item is the election process that needs to start this week.

So I don't know if there is any other point that you want to add to the agenda. Not hearing one (unintelligible) in the chat. Okay let's start with the first agenda item, the Helsinki meeting. It seems that we – the meeting team got more view on what is going to happen in Helsinki and with regard the possibilities to organize – to have outreach activities in Helsinki on the Monday. It looks like there will be some possibilities on the Monday.

The final information will probably come through Maryam. Maryam is in contact with Tanzanica from the meetings team. And they are looking into the schedule to see where it's going to fit. So far we have also been bringing to the table that as NPOC will get its fifth anniversary in June that there will be something around the anniversary celebration on the Helsinki meeting.

And again, Maryam is in touch with Tanzanica in order to figure out if there are possibilities. And eventually if we need to go outside the conference space, if there no space for us in the meeting itself. I got this afternoon a quick chat with Jean-Jacques in order to have support as he is the Vice President for Europe and for our communities also. He will also try to get clearance on what are the capabilities in logistics, in eventual taping and so on to see if there is anything they can do from their side.

Is that all the information – that is the information that I'm getting for the moment. I don't know if Maryam has other information yet from Tanzanica. I didn't see any on the mail but there would be possibilities to have time and space available on the Monday. Klaus I see you have your hand up. You have the floor.

Klaus Stoll: Thank you, Rudi. Thank you for (unintelligible) but I think we shouldn't worry too much about catering. There is too much (unintelligible). I think what we really should worry about is to plan an event where we actually get people from civil society in – to the event and (unintelligible) outreach. And it looks like we basically lost now a month of time since the first outreach happened.

I must say I'm very concerned about (unintelligible). So I don't think we should put any efforts into (unintelligible) just reaches the people we already know. Thank you.

Rudi Vansnick: Thank you, Klaus. Well, it's – it has been quite difficult to figure out even for the senior staff in ICANN – it was not easy to figure out if there was space or not – no space available. It's difficult as they are just planning a new meeting type that they never did before. And the number of rooms that are available in Helsinki (unintelligible) are not that big, not many. So that's one of the reasons why there are some difficulties in getting things scheduled.

Now with regard to the outreach and trying to get butts on seats, as Klaus is mentioning, that is something that in fact depends on how and who we want to approach. That's an activity that in fact stands a little bit out of the ICANN perspective. And the question is as we know that in that period of time for the Helsinki civil society it looks like it's quite difficult to get people invited and get them there as they – seems to go somewhere on vacation. So if we want to do something, well, we need to plan to see how we can get them in.

And you can only invite people if you know you have space. So one depends on the other but again, if, Klaus, you have a plan to invite organizations we can start the communication through the ICANN channel. Also has been asking for help from the communication department from ICANN to help us getting our message everywhere possible. And it depends on us if we have a good message to send over. They will probably get it into all the channels they have.

Yes, Klaus, I see you have your hand up. You have the floor.

Klaus Stoll: Just – I should just mention I did some outreach four or five weeks and I asked them actually posted his response from (unintelligible) NGOs in Finland. But as we couldn't follow up with anything concrete and we only put – tell people wait, wait, wait, (unintelligible) is that basically every organization that wanted (unintelligible) and I talked to has this strong basically their support or just simply didn't follow up on events or calls.

So – and understanding you that we are still not in a situation where we definitely know what we can do or not can do it's, as I said, I will be extremely, extremely difficult to get anything going. I really doubt now listening to the information you have given us if it's actually worthwhile again and we request and I think we have to be absolutely – inform ICANN that this kind of planning meetings and this kind of (unintelligible) and this kind of support is just not good enough and not acceptable because (unintelligible) at least out earlier so that we can actually do some (unintelligible) outreach.

And I feel very sorry about that. It looks to me at least that there is another opportunity that goes (unintelligible). Thank you.

Rudi Vansnick: Thank you, Klaus. Yes, Joan, I see you have your hand up. You have the floor.

Joan Kerr: Hi. It's Joan for the record. I do agree we need lots of planning time in order to execute things. And we seem to get caught up in timelines all the time. So I think that's probably one of the recommendations that we should (unintelligible) is that we need to have more planning time when there is a conference so that's the first thing. So I do agree with that.

The second thing is you always have to kind of work with what you have any way as we all know. And (unintelligible) to sort of what I saw the big ship it's

hard for them to turn around. So what we have is what we have. So in terms of this conference, I'm not saying for all conference, we just – maybe a time for this conference and try to figure out the forthcoming ones and we may or may not be on the Executive Committee. So I'm just going to focus on this one and anything I say for this (unintelligible).

I think that in light of now we're in the middle of almost at the end of April, so we have limited time I guess to do what we really want to do which is always the outreach and education. The (unintelligible) if Jean-Jacques is on board is engage the – some operation team to help us with something because having an invitation in partnership with them would help the not for profits in the area to – with some (unintelligible) because they would know who ICANN is, or maybe not.

But anyway I think a joint invitation to the local not for profits might be how we approach it in Helsinki anyway. And really – and sort of building up the education side which is what we really want to do is build up the celebration component and get them to see that NPOC is much more than just education, it's also about building community and celebrating community together.

And at that time we show them what our struggles were in a positive way. This – in terms of organizing – being very young and then some of our go-forward plans. I think then that would be more in a positive strategy. So that's just what I wanted to say.

Sam Lanfranco: Rudi?

Olevie Kouami: Hello?

Sam Lanfranco: Rudi?

Olevie Kouami: Yes, Olevie is online.

Rudi Vansnick: Yeah, sorry. I was on mute. Sorry. Yes, Sam, go ahead.

Sam Lanfranco: Yeah, I have two questions here. One is do we know – do we know specifically now what the ICANN outreach people are going to be doing? That's question one. And question two is, given that that is basically a holiday season for Finish people, it's not clear to me how many people at the last minute would be attracted to either a commemorative fifth year event or an engagement event. Do we – does anyone have a sense of how many people will even be there given that it's a holiday period for them?

So do know what they are – it's Sam for the record – do we know what they've planned – ICANN? And do we have any sense of how the holiday is going to figure into this?

Rudi Vansnick: Thank you, Sam. Rudi for the transcript. Well, that's what I have been trying to do in the last week almost every day I've tried to get more information on what is the outreach – how is it scheduled, what is planned, what is (unintelligible) and the key person that can help us is Tanzanica as she is organizing from inside the ICANN meeting team the spaces. And she probably knows about the requests.

And Maryam is in contact with her. Yeah, we were a little bit depending on what comes from there. From the other side I got from Jean-Jacques the commitment that if we want the outreach team from ICANN helping us they are available. We can just – we need to call on them to move forward if we need them to help us getting people into the meeting.

With regards who will attend, well, I think that Klaus has been in contact with Finnish organizations and, Klaus, you have your hand up; you have the floor.

Klaus Stoll: Yes, to try to try to answer the question from Sam and (unintelligible) and the events were planned in such a way that there would be active participation and presentation of Finnish NGOs at the event. And basically that's what they were interested in. They were not too much interested in just participating in events and especially because it is not a good time for them.

So to be absolutely honest, if we get two or three people in the room I would be absolutely surprised. And I think whatever you – whatever – if you want outreach now also has to be coming with the value proposal and the value proposal just for events to celebrate NPOC, however positive it is painted, I don't think it will bring people out of their – out of the midsummer house and come back to Helsinki to join us for an hour and a half.

And I think otherwise we can talk as much as we like – as the outreach team from ICANN can do a lot. The only people I can see coming in might be some people from the universities but I even doubt that one. They might be able to get a few students who didn't have enough money to go away. But otherwise at this moment and having no real value proposal for the NGO community I think participation will be actually very low. I wish it was different.

Rudi Vansnick: Yes, thank you, Klaus.

Sam Lanfranco: Sam again.

Rudi Vansnick: Rudi for the – yes, Sam, go ahead.

Sam Lanfranco: Okay, Sam for the record. Given the structure of the ICANN meetings now I would propose that any celebration of NPOC actually be delayed and coincide with one of the A meetings, one of the next large meeting. You know, we could see each other but I think anything significant should be at the large meeting.

Rudi Vansnick: Yes, Rudi for the transcript. Thank you, Sam. With regard to the concept is not just a celebration that would be – the final part. That wasn't ideal. Doing some more in-reach, we have 60 plus members and most of them we have never seen or heard of them. The idea would be to try to get them involved and participate so that we really have something in – that the contact start with them. And that would go together also with the ambassador idea – ambassador program that should help us getting more people involved in what we do.

It doesn't make sense that NPOC is just the officers that are active in the work we need to do. It should be much more than that. I have two people in the queue, and I think that Olevie also. I would first give the mic to Joan, then Martin, and then Olevie.

Joan Kerr: Thank you, Rudi. Joan for the record. So two things. I want to talk about the membership involvement because that's my responsibility. So we do need – I do need to schedule membership meetings on a monthly basis to get feedback and get people involved. So I will start that right after the election (unintelligible). But in the interim we can get them talking about some of the issues that – our mission and I think I sent Sam a request to look at the NCUC mission and NPOC mission. And so we need to get the membership to start talking about that and get some feedback. So that's the first thing. So that's something that will actually start to happen immediately.



The second thing is regarding the events in Helsinki, if Klaus has gone out and outreached to the not for profits and found out that, you know, it's holiday season, not for profits tend not to want to do anything when it's holiday season. It's very difficult to get, you know, (unintelligible) on a regular basis, never mind holiday time.

Maybe what we can do is still send out the invites but we focus on ICANN as a whole and the existing members maybe via (unintelligible) or whatever but maybe it's time for us to get the list of the NCUC people and the RALOs and invite them to tell them what we're doing, what we're going to do and get them to know what we have done so, you know, sort of get the ICANN people on side because I think they don't know what we do anyway. And maybe that's a start – that's a place where we start as opposed to not do anything.

Rudi Vansnick: Thank you, Joan. (Unintelligible). We have (unintelligible) have Martin.

Martin Silva: Hello, guys. Can you hear me?

Rudi Vansnick: Yes.

Sam Lanfranco: Yes.

((Crosstalk))

Martin Silva: Hello, can you hear me?

Sam Lanfranco: Yes.

Martin Silva: Anyone?

Sam Lanfranco: Yes.

Martin Silva: Okay.

((Crosstalk))

Rudi Vansnick: Go ahead, Martin.

Martin Silva: I have news about the ambassador program. If you remember that in Marrakesh we had the mentorship pilot program. Well that program actually going to throw and now – it has gone. (Unintelligible) and I have been designated to speak on behalf of the NPOC and the Non-Commercial Stakeholder Group. And we're going to go to Helsinki and we're going to keep developing the mentorship program.

And to speak briefly about the mentorship program, we are supposed to create a program that goes from the newcomer (unintelligible) all the way to the newcomer going to the community, getting involved with the constituency, have (unintelligible), having if you wish local (unintelligible) of a community, for instance, a toolkit of NPOC, a toolkit of the NCUC.

And eventually have a mentorship program where leaders – leaders of the community will lead newcomers that are approved – that meet the profile. And we are just beginning with that. And this is going to be apparently staff – this is staff project. So I think we can start working on the ambassador thing and (unintelligible) the staff that we are going to have in order to develop the things that we title as ambassadors. But there are possibly identical to what staff is already planning and has already (unintelligible) and has already people working it.

I don't know if you have any question about that.

Rudi Vansnick: Thank you, Martin. I'm a bit surprised that we didn't see any communication about that in – even not on the SO/AC leadership call. Nobody has been talking about that. And I – from what I got from Jean-Jacques a few hours ago there was nothing that he know about that one either. So it's a bit strange that it looks like there is communication to the mentors and mentees from that pilot program but never the (unintelligible) knows about that. That's not a good idea.

Martin Silva: I'm giving you a heads up. This is not already official (unintelligible) inside project of the team that is (unintelligible). It's not inside the fellowship but it's under the same head which is (Jen). And this is a heads up for the ExComm. This is not for public knowledge yet. This is not an official nomination. I'm just telling you what – I'm co-working with staff here on this and this is a heads up for you guys. The ambassadors (unintelligible) is already funded, it's already (unintelligible) and we are already working on it in different levels.

While we can start doing the (side) NPOC is to gather the material from the pathfinders and the toolkit that we have (unintelligible) we consider that NGOs should know about NPOC and ICANN. So we can start – we can start making an official toolkit for that. And we're going to have – we're going to have budget. I'm not going to handle it but we're going to have staff taking care of all the things that we already sort out that we need.

This is an ongoing process. It started with the mentorship in Marrakesh. It wasn't clear back there. I was (unintelligible) just called upon to work with each other and now they tell us that this is the real meaning of it, they were testing the program. They were testing the people that was going to work on the program.

And (unintelligible) we are going to be part of the official program, if you may. It is going to be very small. And we're going to be representing Non Commercial Stakeholder Group. I think along with one other people from the (unintelligible) but there's not going to be an NCSG people, we are the NCSG people.

It's still new, it's fresh. I do have a lot of doubts and questions but I'm giving you the unofficial news.

Rudi Vansnick: Thank you, Martin. Rudi for the transcript. I'm really just confused now completely because how can you schedule stuff and schedule your meetings if you don't know what's going on in a more global sense that touches upon your constituency or on your membership. But, okay, good to have that information. We can keep that in our minds. Yeah, we keep that in our minds. I see Klaus, you have your hand up. You have the floor. Klaus? Hello? Did we lose...

Martin Silva: So I can add something.

Rudi Vansnick: Klaus? I see that there is voice going to his mic but I don't hear him. I have second in the queue. Joan. Joan, you have the floor.

Joan Kerr: Thank you, Rudi. Just on Martin's point, it seems like every time we plan something - we wanted to do civil society outreach and just did that. We wanted to, okay, looked at - working with them for civil society outreach. But we need to have programs that we brand and promote our education programs. So we thought, okay, we'll create an ambassador program, and they can work within their region so that they can promote the education and all of that.

Now we won't have even that program to work with. It sounds like we're supposed to put materials together so staff can promote it. It's kind of frustrating to come up with programs. What are you outreaching? We have webinars that we want to play.

The ambassador program was to get the difference, not for profits involved (unintelligible) their issues are and get people trained so that they can be answering and be asked the (escort) like it was a real program - interacts with, if it's not for profit, in particular and advise them on a local level what (unintelligible).

I don't know. It seems very disappointing because I was pretty excited about this outreach program myself.

Rudi Vansnick: Thank you. Joan. Are you back on line?

Joan Kerr: Can you hear me now?

Rudi Vansnick: Yes, we hear you. Go ahead.

Klaus Stoll: I'm sorry. I lost about four or five minutes. (Martin), (unintelligible) sounds very, very happy (unintelligible) for an update and I understand that it looks like something good. I think it's actually something which is very, very detrimental for us for the multi-stakeholder project and everything we are standing for.

These kinds of programs - projects that we're on need to come from the communities and not from staff. They cannot go completely and ask for materials that we've used that we will make the materials (unintelligible). It's a

general (trending) staff now and also in the outreach used to basically cover the functions of the constituencies.

This is quite understandable sometimes, but it's completely contrary to the (unintelligible) stakeholder model. And I think we really have to make a stand, even however good the program is, however much funding there is available. I think we really need to communicate with staff that this is the (unintelligible) of the constituencies and not for staff. The goal of staff is to (unintelligible) but to create programs. The (unintelligible) beforehand.

Rudi Vansnick: Thank you, Klaus.

Martin Silva: I know you're hearing this for the first time, but there is always a first time, working under the head of the program. He sees that first communication. He sees that first step. He sees the first (unintelligible). There is nothing happening made yet. They just called me and told me, "Martin, we're starting this project. We would like you to (unintelligible) and you're going to be (unintelligible) interest and you're going to communicate with the community. You're going to be some sort of liaison, representative, whatever you want to call it."

They're giving us a shout. They're going to point the communication channel. They're going to point things to create the new commerce to float into the community, but the community has to be written to welcome the (unintelligible), to welcome the (unintelligible) with whatever we want to do.

If you don't want to do anything - for instance, through their (gtNSL), that they both said we don't want any of that because we already have it. We already have that welcoming guide. We already have an (unintelligible) project. We even have a mentor shifting based on (unintelligible).

We have the opportunity to actually - we (unintelligible) program. We can manage well where we want. We can manage the new commerce, prove she's a membership. We can name it (unintelligible) ambassadors. But it's going to be few and it's going to be in better an environment of the new commerce strategy of the whole I can see. This is exactly where we're complaining, that we don't have enough communication.

This system indication, it's just - there was also going to be (unintelligible).

Klaus Stoll: But Martin, I'm sorry. We have the (unintelligible). We have people. We have decided things together. How can that (unintelligible) for civil society also (unintelligible)? These things need to be transparent. These things need to be coming from the constituency. If that - it was done - that wants to do that. Should that come to the constituency? Should that - that really would project - or we would like to see the following happen.

What do you think about it? How can agree - help you to implement? It's not basically implementing (unintelligible). Because you have to think about - Martin, this is about policy making. (Unintelligible) already constitutes a policy. And the policy making can't be done - can't create even a (unintelligible) from the staff. We have to be extremely careful in that, because otherwise we are really undermining the multi-stakeholder project.

I know that we are to the point about my reaction and maybe other reactions, but I'm sorry, Martin. We have to be absolutely clear. Think ICANN is making the policies and it's not staff.

Rudi Vansnick: Thank you, Klaus, for the (unintelligible). Before we are degrading our call here, let's do it - follow. I will go back to outreach and the global (unintelligible) engagement team in order to understand what's going on.

What Martin - what Dennis is doing is essentially focused on fellowship and NextGen. That's complete different group of people already.

If that's the way they want to expand what they did in the fellowship, I have no problem with that. But it is in conflict if what we've heard last week during the civil society engagement call (unintelligible). They are not aware of it - was they are asking the same questions to us, also, about providing what we're doing and our materials. And at the same time, they are using, also, the communications channels.

So let's not run too fast. I will go check again with (unintelligible) and see if he is aware of that business going on so there is no conflict in the meeting, because this is the way we think will be de-organized in Helsinki by having two people in one room and two people in another room and four people in another room, while you could have the eight in one room. So let's go check first of all that one.

And with regard to our ambassador program, I would say let's go with our ambassador program. There is still some work that needs to be done on that one. We need to get it on paper so that we can communicate it. And that would be the next step to me.

So far I didn't - I don't know (unintelligible) here. Do you have any problems? Do you have any idea -proposals here?

Man: I don't here.

Rudi Vansnick: Meanwhile, I will give the floor to Joan. You have your hand up, Joan?



Joan Kerr: Thank you, Rudi. I agree with you about we go ahead with our ambassador program. And how (unintelligible) outlines it is that we would represent the community. It was suggested - I believe it was (unintelligible) in L.A. as well that we began a program that we're asking the community the questions. And then we end up -- there is a lot of echo -- then we end up designing the program around the responses that we get from the different communities to truly make it community driven as opposed to us creating parameters.

We were going to design it to ask the question and let the community decide how we choose - what are the criteria for ambassador program; whose (unintelligible); how it works. I believe that's how we were going to do it. But to have two programs, even if one is on - focusing on newcomers, people are going to start to get, I think, confused.

I really love the idea of (unintelligible) having ambassador who will train, who will have a mentor that's existing in the membership and then can go out and promote through other biz that we do. I think that's essentially what we want to do is to make value for our membership.

Our focus would be very community driven. So that's what I wanted to say.

Rudi Vansnick: Thank you, Joan. Olevie's here. Are you still here?

Olevie Kouami: (Unintelligible).

Rudi Vansnick: Do you have any statements, any remarks?

Olevie Kouami: (Unintelligible).

Rudi Vansnick: I have no (unintelligible) for the moment. Okay. Thank you. (Unintelligible), are you still here?

Sam Lanfranco: I'm still here. Yes.

Rudi Vansnick: Any remarks with regards to (unintelligible)?

Sam Lanfranco: Well, with regard to Helsinki, I don't see how we can do anything. The constituency that Klaus reached out to begin with was interested in a wider remit than the remit that we are constrained to. And they have since said that they won't be there.

So I'm not quite sure what we can do other than - I'm not in favor of this being a footnote into whatever staff does. I don't like that idea, but I don't - I would prefer holding our big guns for a meeting that's more inclusive.

Rudi Vansnick: Thank you, Sam. And I have the same feeling. That's probably the reason why it's so confusing about the meeting space and then getting (unintelligible).

It looks like there is no leader anymore in ICANN and there is no guidance. And everybody is trying to do things in the corner, and there is no global overview anymore. So I'm a bit afraid that we're losing track of the real goal of the Helsinki meeting.

I will try again. I will do my best, but I cannot spend every day working on the - on trying to figure out what ICANN finally is going to try to do. I will give them a deadline, and they have to provide me information for that deadline. That deadline is the latest Thursday. I'm done with it because I've spent two weeks' time only on trying to figure out what we could do in Helsinki. That's too much. It's like all the other work (unintelligible).

Martin, I think you still have your hand up. Is that a new hand or an old hand?

Martin Silva: It's a new hand.

Rudi Vansnick: Yes. Go ahead.

Martin Silva: It's possible the policy (unintelligible).

Rudi Vansnick: Yes. Go ahead.

Martin Silva: Can you hear me?

Rudi Vansnick: Yes, we hear you.

Martin Silva: Yes, I have a (unintelligible). The (white) section (unintelligible).

Rudi Vansnick: RPMs.

Martin Silva: I know they had a newer presentation there. Yes. The group has started. They already had their first meeting. They're having their second call later this week. And that project has started (unintelligible) already represented and a working insider. And I'm also exchanging with think people inside the group, even being this tight the (unintelligible).

So we are starting to be active there. I mean, it's a really important group.

Rudi Vansnick: Thank you, Martin. But I'm a bit surprised because I was on the call last week and we didn't hear you on that call. So I'm wondering if you were really in the RPM. They are quite strict now. If you are not registered as a member, you

will not have rights to write on the mailing on the mailing list, first of all. Secondly, you will not have access to the calls anymore.

There is a working (unintelligible) call this week, Wednesday, if I'm not wrong. There are two calls on Wednesday for that meeting. Be clear. If you have some questions about, let me know because otherwise you will not be on the call - or not allowed on the call if you're not as a member. There are observers and there are members.

I will look at the mail exchanges that have been sent end of last week and during the weekend. That's all I can tell you about the RPMs.

Now back to our -- that we are (unintelligible) to the hour -- for the elections. Let's be clear. Joan, we finalized the message, and we put it on the website, and we kicked off the communications around the elections. Is that clear to you?

Joan Kerr: Yes, it is. I'm going to send the final stuff to everyone right after this call. And that's what is going to be sent out. Everyone has responded; I assume those who wanted to respond. Otherwise, it's a go ahead. I tried to make sure that (unintelligible) send out. They're ready to go.

Rudi Vansnick: Okay. Thank you very much, Joan.

Then with regards to policy, while I'm actually with the FTI, we are - we have passed the (unintelligible) consensus stage for issue 1, which means the motions and amendments issues.

And the second issue, vice-chair and chair elections process, there is still one discussion going on. We have four scenarios possible. Depending on, we will

put them on mail shortly in the FTI. The ones the (unintelligible) has got a deadline that will go for public comments. After public comments' period, it will go to the council. Normally, that one will go to the council in June in Helsinki.

Other policy work that is going on is -- and it's in a few minutes -- the (unintelligible) figure. That's also a quite important one. That's ongoing work.

With regards to Klaus' question about what is our position on the changes of the bylaw, that's, indeed, also so that we should try to work, but I would propose that we do that on the middle week. We'll probably not have time enough to do it today. Or we should have a policy call that focuses on the policy issues.

I have, again, three hands in the queue. Martin, you have still your hand up? Or is it an old one?

Martin Silva: An old one.

Rudi Vansnick: Okay. Klaus, you are next.

Klaus Stoll: Yes. I think we really should have the call on the bylaws because (unintelligible) nearly as important as the overall (unintelligible). I really would like to have a conversation, either (unintelligible) what Martin was talking about, because it's not about the ambassador program; it's about the general tendency of (unintelligible) to do constituency work and not to let us do our work in the proper way.

This is extremely important. I would like to have a group call on this or just the people who are interested in this to talk about it quietly.

Thank you. This would be the two topics I think we really need to cover fairly quickly.

Rudi Vansnick: Thank you, Klaus. This is Rudi. As I said, it's - one is a policy from (unintelligible), I would say, that is independent from the same (unintelligible) handles. But I propose that I check with (unintelligible) and with somebody from the global stakeholder engagement team to have a call as early as possible so that we get clearance on what is going on. Because to me it's quite unclear.

And so far, from what I got from the civil society engagement call last week as well as what I've had from (unintelligible), it is still (unintelligible) who decides the work they are doing and how they do it. It's not fast at all. To me, that question - that, again, I will try to get - set up a call with the people that are responsible inside ICANN.

I would even call on Olevie because he is at the highest level to give us a clear view of what's going on, what our duty is about ICANN's (unintelligible) so that we get clearance on those two.

Joan, you have your hand up. Your next.

Joan Kerr: I think all the plans that we're talking about are good. I just wanted to mention something about the membership calls. This is ac - this is a confirmation with Maryam and with the team. Maryam, did you book the Adobe room for Thursday? And we need to know the time. Will you send out the invites instead of me for the Adobe (unintelligible)?

Maryam Bakoshi: Yes. Hi. Sorry. I'll send out the invites and run the Adobe - I mean, the way (unintelligible) do that.

Rudi Vansnick: Okay. Thank you very much, Maryam. I lost my screen. Sorry. One second. Yes. Okay.

It's still very (unintelligible) and I'm (leery) that I think we move forward in a way that we understand that there is something that can be done in Helsinki. But we need to (unintelligible) this week about what's going to happen and how it's going to happen. Otherwise, we just go and do the classical meetings over there, which, in fact, was the focus -- it's policy work.

Before I forget and before ending this call, I already tested with Joan to see if it worked from her side, too. I've created a profile - the (unintelligible) Website, that allows each member to have access to the profile and add or modify the data in that profile. It goes to (unintelligible) to promote themselves, also, and it's a bit more. But that they can put their organizations visually into the (unintelligible) community.

Each member will receive an e-mail with the logging and password information so that each member can go into the profile. Joan has been testing it, also, and it worked well. So that will allow us to start, also, using our membership through the Website itself.

I think so far the actions - goal is: one, a policy community call that allows us to discuss the bylaws and a few other issues on the table. The second call is on the membership that Joan is leading. And a third call for -- eventually this week -- would be a call for clearance on how things are going on in ICANN with the global stakeholder engagement team plus eventually David Olive, if

possible, so that we know what's going on there and that we get clearance on what we can do and what we cannot do.

Is that okay for everyone? I see Martin has...

Sam Lanfranco: Yes.

Rudi Vansnick: Okay. Thank you, Sam.

So I think we didn't move that far. I'm trying to do as much as I can. I'm limited to what I'm getting as information. And if it's as confusing as possible - if you get other information to other channels, that doesn't work.

I think we can call this meeting to an end because I have to jump into the new gTLD subsequent procedure circle that starts now - or started already.

Keep your eyes on your mailbox because we will send some information about the next call later today and tomorrow.

Thank you, all. Maryam, can you stop the recording?

Maryam Bakoshi: Thank you very much, everyone, for attending the call. You may now stop the recording, please.

END