
RAOUL PLOMMER: Okay.

BRENDA BREWER: Good morning, good afternoon, good evening. Welcome to the NPOC Executive Committee call on the 16th of February, 2021 at 13:00 UTC. Today's meeting is recorded. Kindly state your name when speaking. Have your phones and microphones on mute when not speaking. Attendance is taken from the Zoom and Raul, I'll turn the call over to you. Thank you.

RAOUL PLOMMER: Thanks, Brenda. Well, our agenda is pretty short today as well as our list of participants but we'll get by. We have three people here so that's enough to—Ore has just joined us as well. Glad to see you, Ore. Okay. Excellent. So, okay. As the first off item on the agenda is the charter for the NPOC NGO.

Now, admittedly, I didn't get round to making a draft but that should—I think, if not the priority one, I mean, now we have to do something about the policy committee if Jacqueline is unable to give us reports. So, we need to think something about that but I think this charter could just as well be the second priority after having the policy part of our work.

But yeah, I told you that I will be starting the draft myself but I wasn't able to do it so can't really expect you guys to do it first either. So, yes, I will get on that before the next EC meeting and hopefully, we'd have more than just a skeleton of the charter ready by then.

Note: The following is the output resulting from transcribing an audio file into a word/text document. Although the transcription is largely accurate, in some cases may be incomplete or inaccurate due to inaudible passages and grammatical corrections. It is posted as an aid to the original audio file, but should not be treated as an authoritative record.

Second on the agenda, I thought just as a reminder that we should really be trying to invite people to our webinars. It's too bad, Caleb isn't here now because we should really be trying to involve our members a little more. But I guess that could be done by our communicator as well.

I don't know if, Ore, would it be possible to work with Caleb to invite some people to these webinars because this is some good content that we now have for our members?

OREOLUWA LESI:

Yeah. I think Caleb is totally not available at the moment. I think he's in process of moving. I'm not sure which country he is in right now. But I think, well, I normally post it on the list and I know Brenda does as well and I saw that loana did too.

So, I think that we can do that and reach out to our individual networks. So, for instance, I've put several fellowship groups and I will continue to reach out to them and I know, loana does the same thing too. So, I think that if we can all reach out to our individual networks within ICANN, I think that could be good collaborative efforts.

RAOUL PLOMMER:

Yeah. Have we done a Twitter or a Facebook post about these? I think we even have a LinkedIn account.

OREOLUWA LESI:

Facebook, yes, I've done but I still don't have the Twitter details so I haven't been able to do from the NPOC account yet. Just my own

personal account. I think Caleb was going to give me the details but he hasn't been able to do that. So, do you have the details for the Twitter?

RAOUL PLOMMER: I might do. I could look into it. I could message you if I don't find it, well, I'll message you in either case. Either I'll give you the credentials or I'll tell you to contact Caleb and he should be able to dig that out because I mean, I think he was posting there and it shouldn't be too hard for him. He just needs to strike a few key words in his mail.

OREOLUWA LESI: No problem. But at least I'll be posting it on the Facebook since I'm an admin there so I'll keep on doing that.

RAOUL PLOMMER: Okay. Yeah, that's good. And I don't know, maybe we should try to do just like a little summary of the webinar coming up. I mean, that'd be best but I don't think we have the details ourselves. Like for example, I don't think I know what's the subject in next webinar. Do you guys know?

IOANA STUPARIU: Hi Raoul. It's written actually—it was written in the invitation, the description for each webinar and as well as in what Brenda sent out, there's a description of every item that they will cover. So, [inaudible].

RAOUL PLOMMER: Okay. I must have totally missed that.

IOANA STUPARIU: Just check. Maybe you cannot see it but it's there, right Brenda? Because I think you sent it out not just [inaudible].

BRENDA BREWER: Yeah. Thank you. I did include it in the calendar invites and that's the agenda that was sent from Adam Peake.

IOANA STUPARIU: Exactly. And more or less, that's basically a summary of what they will cover so I'm not sure that I would go into more detail you know.

RAOUL PLOMMER: No. I don't know, just to create some content for Facebook and Twitter, we could always like a day before the webinar, we could post that the next week's webinar is about this subject and then invite people there or just to create some content.

IOANA STUPARIU: So, yeah, if you have time to do that, you or anyone else, that would be nice. We have already all the descriptions. We had them from the beginning so basically, it's quite predictable. We can even make them all at once and then just post them before each webinar.

RAOUL PLOMMER: Yeah, that'd be great actually.

IOANA STUPARIU: If you don't have access to them, I can forward the e-mail to you privately so that you have it easily.

RAOUL PLOMMER: Okay. Yes, please. Thank you.

IOANA STUPARIU: Okay. On it now.

RAOUL PLOMMER: Right. I guess I made a little mistake in having AOB as the last item but we could have that as a third item and then spend the rest of the time on finishing this charter work. I think we're very close to it. There's only like we are now on page 10 out of 12 on the charter and I think we did this last bit when it came from staff. I think we've done it in about five or six hours.

So, I think it's in this one hour or if we could squeeze one hour into it, I think we'd be done. It might be even less than that. But first of all, do you guys have any other business? Should we discuss this, Jacqueline possibly dropping the policy ball so we'd really need to, I don't know, maybe start preparing at least for her stepping down and maybe possibly having to have a new election for the policy position?

IOANA STUPARIU:

So, we definitely need to sort this out but we cannot do that until we have a firm decision on her side whether she decides to make an effort and continue joining the calls and be part of the policy committee and lead it basically. Or on the contrary step down but she only said that she's reconsidering but there was no official resignation.

So, we should just discuss the matter with her and one way or another make sure that we have somebody that carries out policy matters in NPOC. Her or someone else if she cannot do it so maybe you should talk to her or—I also wrote to her on the list, maybe she will reply. So, that's regarding her involvement.

RAOUL PLOMMER:

Okay. Yeah. Do you think it would be decent to give her a time that when she has to get back to us that whether she wants to continue or not? Because we can't just indefinitely wait for that.

IOANA STUPARIU:

I think that would be fair. Exactly. That would be the fairest thing to do both for her and for the community since it's already been a while since she's done any work on the policy side. So, my personal perspective is that we should have, by the next EC meeting, a clear perspective on whether we need to organize elections or not to filling her spot. That's what I would do.

So, maybe two weeks' time or so and if she says, "No, I cannot do this. I'm going to step down and leave the position to be filled by somebody that wants to get involved," then we can already start the elections on

the group. I think this is a paramount position. I mean, we need to be involved in policy matters or at least follow what's happening out there.

OREOLUWA LESI:

Yes. I agree with that. I haven't seen her e-mail yet but I think it's fair enough that perhaps Raoul can speak with her and give her a timeframe to get back to us so I think that's fair enough. Actually, it sounds good too. To me it sounds fine.

EMMANUEL VITUS:

Yeah. I think I also second that but it would be nice that the EC or the chair send her an e-mail first so that we have an idea. Maybe, we may be on the wrong side. Maybe she have a problem or something so let's hear from her first and maybe in our next meeting, then we decide.

IOANA STUPARIU:

Yeah. Hi, Emmanuel. Yeah. She just sent an e-mail right before this meeting saying what her problems are and it seems pretty serious and saying that she no longer has time to be involved and she's reconsidering. So, she did that already so of course we should get back to her but there was no formal letter of resignation or anything. So, I think we should follow proper procedure and make sure that that's real intention.

EMMANUEL VITUS:

Okay. I didn't see the e-mail but I just see Maryam posted it so that's good if she said that.

IOANA STUPARIU: Yeah. Exactly. Thank you, Maryam, I was just looking for that as well.

EMMANUEL VITUS: Yeah. If she sent an e-mail like this, I think is fair enough for the EC to ask her point blank if she want the position to be filled, then we'll open the process for a replacement or maybe somebody to be [inaudible] until next election or I don't know what the charter says, so we follow the charter.

OREOLUWA LESI: Yeah. The charter said, I think if it's within six months of taking the position that we do another election but if it's six months to the next term, then I think the EC appoints, I think.

EMMANUEL VITUS: Yeah. Thanks, Ore. Then let's clarify that and move on.

RAOUL PLOMMER: Yeah, I think it was six months so basically the election was in April, wasn't it? April or May?

MARYAM BAKOSHI: No. The elections were in May, sorry. Yeah, May.

RAOUL PLOMMER: May. Okay. Right. So, that's—

MARYAM BAKOSHI: It's probably May, but the end, sometime in the end of June.

RAOUL PLOMMER: Right. Yeah. We got the results in July.

MARYAM BAKOSHI: Yeah.

RAOUL PLOMMER: But anyway, it's less than six months so, yeah, I guess that's—we need to appoint a person. If it's more than six months, we do an election but now we'd need to appoint a substitute.

IOANA STUPARIU: It's less than six months because the official term started in October or November when the general meeting took place.

RAOUL PLOMMER: It's not about term but I think it's about election. Or is it the end of term actually?

EMMANUEL VITUS: I think it's the term.

MARYAM BAKOSHI: It's actually the end of term.

IOANA STUPARIU: Yeah, that's the [inaudible].

MARYAM BAKOSHI: The end of term.

IOANA STUPARIU: The term officially started in—when was it? November, October when the virtual meeting took place?

OREOLUWA LESI: It was October.

IOANA STUPARIU: October, yeah. So, basically the fifth month.

RAOUL PLOMMER: Right. Okay. Yeah. Let's confirm that exactly how it was. You're probably right. Well, either could really make sense that it would be about the term or the—well, anyway. I'll send her a message and give her a timeframe. I think two weeks should be sufficient. And then in the beginning of March, we'll know if we need to start looking for that person. How does that sound?

IOANA STUPARIU: Yeah, it sounds fair. Sounds okay.

OREOLUWA LESI: Sounds good.

RAOUL PLOMMER: Cool. Cool.

IOANA STUPARIU: I have another item to add before going to the charter because I know that the charter is important. I know we'll have plenty of time [inaudible] at the meeting.

RAOUL PLOMMER: Yes. Go for it, Ioana.

IOANA STUPARIU: I sent out to the general list a request for questions for two upcoming meetings with ICANN leadership in which we will participate. There's a one-on-one meeting with the CEO and a meeting with the board for which they asked for the community input on topics to be discussed.

And I wanted to reiterate this invitation to say, "What do you think would be the questions relevant for us to ask or the topics to propose for discussion since, well, I'm not sure if we usually had"—no. I think we used to have questions in the past and I think it would be good for the

sake of keeping up and keeping us relevant to be there and have many questions and be active. So, if you have questions or ideas, if you haven't seen the e-mail, I can resend it to the EC mailing list.

RAOUL PLOMMER: Yes, please. Yeah, that'd be great. If you could resend that to all of NPOC members, that'd be good.

IOANA STUPARIU: Okay. I'll send a reminder now so that you can check it right now.

RAOUL PLOMMER: Great. Thanks. Yeah. And thanks for bringing that up, that is definitely something we need to work on as well. I think it was towards the end of the month, it was like on the last week of February, the possible dates, I think so we got—

IOANA STUPARIU: Yeah. I gave her February 22nd as a deadline because the exact date was not yet clear at that point so [inaudible].

MARYAM BAKOSHI: Yeah, it's 26th of February. That's the deadline for the ICANN board questions and this will be collated at the NCSG level. So thanks, Ioana, for doing that for NPOC. And then Raoul will receive a calendar invite for the one-to-one meeting with Göran. And Ioana, I'm sure you'd be joining Raoul as well. Thank you.

IOANA STUPARIU: Yes. I saw that and that's why I use February 22nd as an interim deadline so that we also have some leeway space. So, you're perfectly right, Maryam. Thank you.

RAOUL PLOMMER: Good. Anything else? I hear crickets. So, let's try and spend 40 minutes on that charter. I think that we'll almost be finished with it. I think it's actually possible we finish it today. I think it's entirely possible. We're on page 10 at 8. Just at the start of eight and—yeah, so, that's on page 10. Do you all have the link to the document? I posted it in the chat and NPOC-EC channel.

IOANA STUPARIU: Yes, we see it on the screen as well.

RAOUL PLOMMER: Okay. That's right. Yeah. Number eight, that's really the first thing that we need to work on. So, there's Carlos Reyes, a very long comment about, "Any petitions developed by NPOC must be submitted through the non-commercial stakeholder group NCSG," yada, yada, ya. Okay. So, I see there's—

I think we can just delete that whole eight. I mean, that's what Carlos has said because, yeah. But I guess we should move this, like Jacquelyn says, we could move this to a procedure document. But I think we

should copy paste it there. Does somebody have the link to the procedure document?

IOANA STUPARIU: I don't sadly.

RAOUL PLOMMER: Wait, was it at the end of this document? Yes. That's the annex. Right. That's the one, I think. Yeah, there's NPOC-EC committee guidelines, duties of a treasurer, and there's procedures. Annex B is procedures for removal of officers and appointees. C is membership standards. Yeah. So, I think we can just put it in the end there, like the whole chapter eight from the charter, we can just move it to the procedures.

IOANA STUPARIU: I'm absolutely fine to move it if it shouldn't be here.

RAOUL PLOMMER: Yeah. There we go. There it is. And now our document is only 11 pages long, so hang on. Yeah, so the communications becomes eight and dues become nine. We have to change the numbering in the other chapters accordingly but yeah, we're almost there, guys. So, Carlos' first comment is on dues, so that's nine. That's it? Right. This seems like an area where the treasurer could have a role. Okay. All right. Yeah. It's about the possibility of actually getting membership fees from the organizations.

IOANA STUPARIU: I personally think this is a chapter that should not be here. It's something that should be in the organization charter if you're making one a reality, but it's not something that should be in a non-institutional entity. I mean, there is no legal basis for receipt of fees. Does this make sense? This is a legal issue so it's not legal to receive fees unless you have a legal basis to receive it, which means a legal entity so I'm not sure where this idea comes from.

RAOUL PLOMMER: Well, I think that the fees would basically enable us to participate in the ICANN community and then we'd be representing our members' interests at ICANN and we'd be getting fees for that. I think that's quite normal. But, I mean, I'm not saying we should start getting fees. That's not what I'm saying, but I think we should maybe concentrate on this like what are the issues in this charter. And here, I think Erika has rightly picked up that there are large, small and basic categories.

And that's like, I think we could just have it large and small but all in all, all these dues is, this is really just something that the people when they were making the charter, they tried to think of everything at the beginning so it's there and never been used actually. And I think we won't start using it unless there's an existential [crisis] [inaudible].

IOANA STUPARIU: I understand that and what I'm saying is that I'm not sure how other groups, constituencies in ICANN work because I have not seen their

charters but I can tell you that from a legal perspective, you cannot as a non-legal entity to perceive fees. So, even if you put this here, it will never, ever, ever be able to apply. It's not legal under any jurisdiction.

What will happen is that you have an NGO backing up your organization, your group, your entity, and in that organization's charter, you include the ability to pay fees. Sorry, this is a very legal thing, I know, but as a lawyer, this really comes up. I mean, I see this—it's not legal to have such a provision.

RAOUL PLOMMER: So, are you saying that—

IOANA STUPARIU: You don't have a legal basis for which you get—you cannot invoice so in any organization when—

RAOUL PLOMMER: Right. So, you're saying that you need to be a legal entity to be able to—

IOANA STUPARIU: Exactly. To invoice, yeah. For any dues, you need to be able to issue an invoice. That's what I'm saying. Yeah. Thanks for clarifying.

RAOUL PLOMMER: Right. Okay.

IOANA STUPARIU: I would take this out completely but definitely include this entire chapter in the NGO charter because that's where it's relevant.

RAOUL PLOMMER: Right. I agree with you. Exactly, Ioana. Exactly. So, for now, I will put this in the annex and let's just treat it as a working document and we can snatch it from there later. And now we're down to 10 pages. This is excellent.

IOANA STUPARIU: Yeah. So, and the numbering should also of course be redone. So, yeah, so that dues part is very important, very relevant for the charter of the NGO, not for this constituency charter.

RAOUL PLOMMER: Yeah. You're right. Then there was a little note about being inclusive.

IOANA STUPARIU: Sounds fair and nice, and I would keep it.

RAOUL PLOMMER: Non-Members, M with a large M. Seriously?

IOANA STUPARIU: Yeah. It's, again, a legal comment because you use member everywhere to define NPOC members.

RAOUL PLOMMER: Okay. Well, that's it. We're done. Now, we just need to—wait. Erika has one more comment. "The ability to modify the guidelines by a vote."

IOANA STUPARIU: We cannot see the comment, Raoul.

RAOUL PLOMMER: Erika's comment. Yeah. Just at the end. Yeah, but—

IOANA STUPARIU: Where is the comment? What guidelines?

RAOUL PLOMMER: Yeah. She's commenting on the annex.

IOANA STUPARIU: Can we see the text of the annex as well then?

RAOUL PLOMMER: Yes. I mean, there's the link. Go to the right to the bottom of the document, it says, "Annex can be found here" and you see Erika has—

IOANA STUPARIU: Yeah. I [can see that]. I was wondering if you can show it to us as well on the screen.

RAOUL PLOMMER: I don't have screen sharing but maybe Brenda can—

IOANA STUPARIU: Who is [showing] us? It's Brenda. Okay. Sorry. Yeah, sorry. I thought it was your screen. Thanks, Brenda. Okay. That's perfect. Okay. Executive committee guidelines.

MARYAM BAKOSHI: I don't think it's—okay. Sorry.

IOANA STUPARIU: We see it now. It's good like this. And there's no other comment to the annex?

RAOUL PLOMMER: No, that's it.

IOANA STUPARIU: That's it. So, what is she saying? Basically that we cannot modify the guidelines?

RAOUL PLOMMER: Yeah. Unless we have a vote about it and that's sensible, I think.

IOANA STUPARIU: Okay. These are things that will be out so, okay. Okay. Thanks, Brenda. Can you close it so that we can see the comment? That's great. Thanks.

RAOUL PLOMMER: So, I don't know, I'll change the numbering of these last chapters that we just did.

IOANA STUPARIU: Thanks, Raoul. So, I'm thinking, so she's saying that the EC cannot modify the guidelines through vote because—

RAOUL PLOMMER: No. It's not what she's saying. She's saying there's a disconnect between what we're saying in the charter and—

IOANA STUPARIU: And what is in the annex.

RAOUL PLOMMER: Yeah. But yeah, she's right that we have to say how to modify the annex. So, basically, I think what she's saying is that in this charter document, we have to explain how the modifying of the annex document happens. You know, for example, that there has to be a simple majority to make a decision on editing it. Yeah? Yeah. In fact, the last chapter is amendments to charter so we could just slap 10.5 there and say, "What's the criteria for modifying the annex document?" How's that?

IOANA STUPARIU: Or you can just include in 10.1, amendments to both the charter and the annex or in a legal world or terminology, amendments to these texts including the annex or including subsequent annexes because there may be more. And there shouldn't be amendments to charter, it should be just amendments. Anyway, any annex is part of the charter so that's why it just has to be clear that amendments including 10.1 amendments to this charter, including its annexes or its subsequent annexes.

RAOUL PLOMMER: How's that?

IOANA STUPARIU: That's good. And now the problem is solved basically, right?

RAOUL PLOMMER: Yeah. Well, I don't know, like basically I think we'd want to make editing the annex a little easier than the charter. I think that was really the point of having an annex separately. Now having petition of 15% of the active members. Well, I guess that's not too hard.

MARYAM BAKOSHI: Can I ask a quick question on 10.1? So, the petition by 15% but what would be the vote—what percentage of vote will pass the amendment?

RAOUL PLOMMER: Yeah, it says on the next one, 10.2, it's two thirds of the votes cast in the election.

MARYAM BAKOSHI: Okay. So, can't we merge 10.1 and 10.2?

RAOUL PLOMMER: So, you want to put them together?

MARYAM BAKOSHI: Yeah. I mean, because it kind of follows, right? If we're adding any proposed amendment must be placed on a ballot by voting. So, it's either you take that sentence and putting 10.2 or this is just my suggestion, or you take 10.2 and add to 10.1 so that there is a flow since we're talking about the same thing.

RAOUL PLOMMER: Well, the 10.1 talks about who can make amendments and how it can be initiated and then 10.2 is, what is the quorum for that? So, I think it should be separate. I mean, it keeps it clear.

MARYAM BAKOSHI: Yeah. So, where we have any proposed amendment must be placed on the ballot for voting by the membership during the next regular election, approval of an amendment requires—so I would imagine that that sentence in—so the second sentence in 10.1 will be the beginning of 10.2.

OREOLUWA LESI: I can see what Maryam is talking about. The sentence about placing the proposed amendments on the ballots for voting by the membership does flow with the approval of two thirds. So, it does make sense to put those two together in 10.2 and then keep 10.1 as amendments to this charter or subsequent annexes may be proposed by the EC, until the end of that sentence.

RAOUL PLOMMER: Hey, actually, no, we don't want to have this for the annex as well. I mean, what it actually says, "Any proposed amendments must be placed on a ballot for voting by the membership during the next regular election" so you'd really only be able to amend this during the election.

I don't want the annex especially to be that hard to amend. I mean, it's something that—I mean, I'd rather have a skinny version of the annex now and then keep adding to it so that we'd have at least some kind of an annex here. And if we have to wait for the next election, I think, well, I mean, in this case, that could be okay but I don't know. Do we want to really have it that hard to change it?

And, I mean, that might make more sense for amending the charter but this annex is I think more of a working document than the charter itself, so I don't know. I think we should try and separate those a little. The quorum sounds good to me too. Two thirds is cool but the proposed amendments can only be done in the election. That's a bit much for me. What do you guys think?

IOANA STUPARIU: I agree. I think it should be done at any point in time and particularly during the election.

RAOUL PLOMMER: Right. But, I mean, it might make some sense for the charter because that is something that needs to go a review process for the ICANN and the board has to accept those amendments and everything. So, yeah, I think that could be made really rigorous to go through. But I think this annex is more of a working document and it can be used more flexibly. I don't want to take power off the members but, yeah, basically the active members will vote on it.

Yeah. So, I would propose that we would amend this back to what it was, take out the "or its subsequent annexes" out of the first one. So, now it's amendments to this charter may be proposed by the EC, yada yada, ya, just how it was and then add to template five, add that the annex is a different animal. So, I don't know. What do you think of that 10.5?

OREOLUWA LESI: Is there another sentence that goes to the next page?

RAOUL PLOMMER: No.

OREOLUWA LESI: Okay. All right then.

RAOUL PLOMMER: So, it's, yeah, 10.5, I think that covers what we were just talking about but do you agree with that? Is that how it should be? What do you think of that, Maryam or Brenda?

MARYAM BAKOSHI: I think my only question is when it says, can be proposed, does it have to take the membership to propose an addition to an annex? It might be that there's a need to do that, right? It doesn't have to be 50% of the current active members so it might be the EC wanting to add something to the annex, right? Which should be done. Amendment is different. And if it's an annex, I honestly don't think it needs a proposal by active members.

RAOUL PLOMMER: Well, now, it's either, isn't it?

MARYAM BAKOSHI: So, subsequent annexes can be proposed to be made and amended at any time by the EC or by—okay.

RAOUL PLOMMER: I basically just paraphrased what was in 10.1.

MARYAM BAKOSHI: Right.

RAOUL PLOMMER: So, basically how this differs—yeah. Just go ahead.

MARYAM BAKOSHI: Okay. So, if it's by the EC, so where does the voting come into place? Does that mean that it would then be sent to the members? Of course, that's where it should be and then the votes are cast. But I don't read that from 10.5, I think because of the or. Because if it says, "Approval of an amendment of an annex, this charter requires approval by at least two thirds of the votes cast." Votes of who? Does that make sense?

RAOUL PLOMMER: Yeah. NPOC members? I mean, basically, in any case, for both the charter and the annex, both would have to go through membership approval. And I think that makes sense because these are the rules about the community So yeah.

MARYAM BAKOSHI: Yeah. So, it has to be NPOC members.

RAOUL PLOMMER: Yeah. What do you think, Ioana or Emmanuel?

MARYAM BAKOSHI: Yeah, Ioana has stepped away.

RAOUL PLOMMER: Yeah, so she has. But yeah, otherwise, Maryam, I mean, this is basically, I think now, we'd be very happy to hand this back to ICANN staff. And I don't know if you're going to have another skim through it but yeah, this is—

MARYAM BAKOSHI: Yeah, [Raoul,] thanks very much.

RAOUL PLOMMER: But yeah, this is basically us. I think we've done this. I have no doubt it will come back again but I think then we'll have far fewer issues.

MARYAM BAKOSHI: Yeah. Thank you very much. I don't know if Ioana wants to look at 10.5 before you send it to us. So, once Ioana has a look at 10.5 and then you can just e-mail it to me and Carlos and we'll take it from there. Thank you so much.

IOANA STUPARIU: Great. So, what about Ore and Emmanuel, are you okay with that? I'm going to ask Ioana as well and then I'd make a PDF out of this and send it to Maryam and Carlos and Erika.

OREOLUWA LESI: I think it reads fine.

MARYAM BAKOSHI: If you can just send it as—because we need comments as well so if you can send it with the comments, that will be appreciated. So [the whole] document will be good.

RAOUL PLOMMER: All right. Yeah. But I think that's us. I don't know how long Ioana will be out but—do we have anything else to talk about?

MARYAM BAKOSHI: I have an AOB, if that's okay.

RAOUL PLOMMER: Okay.

MARYAM BAKOSHI: Right. Thanks. So, this is just about the NCUC ABR which was approved in FYI/21 cycle. I think Raphael has reached out to you, Raoul. I'm not sure, or he says he's going to do that. So, part of the conditions of the ABR is touching civil society so, that is NPOC, NCSG, NCUC and At-Large, right?

So, he would need input from NPOC as to the structure and the content and also the topics that will be covered during the webinars. There's also an ICANN Learn component to that which will touch on the history of civil society.

So, he definitely would need NPOC's input, NPOC leadership input to that ABR. But yeah, I just wanted to mention it on the call so if you haven't received that information already, you should be expecting it soon.

RAOUL PLOMMER: Okay. Thanks. Maryam. I'll look out for that. But yeah, I'd like to let you guys go. We had a nice, easy meeting. Finally got this charter done or let's say another iteration of it. But, yeah, that's something definitely a milestone. We can concentrate on policy. But if there's nothing else, I would like to adjourn the meeting.

EMMANUEL VITUS: Nothing from my end.

OREOLUWA LESI: Sounds good.

RAOUL PLOMMER: Sorry, what did you say, Emmanuel?

EMMANUEL VITUS: I said I have nothing from my end to add to the [inaudible].

RAOUL PLOMMER: Okay. Right. Yeah. Cool. Well, enjoy your week and enjoy the clear February air. I'm going to go and have a little walk outside. It's certainly

lovely but cold there. It's like minus 12 so I'll have to warm up nicely. But yeah, thanks for participating and thanks for finishing this charter with me and I'll see you later.

MARYAM BAKOSHI: Sorry. Can we confirm the next EC meeting so that Brenda can book that in? I know it's the second Tuesday of every month.

RAOUL PLOMMER: Third.

MARYAM BAKOSHI: Sorry. Third of every month. So, Brenda, if you can send a calendar invite for that, Tuesday at 13:00 UTC, does that still work for everyone?

RAOUL PLOMMER: Yeah.

MARYAM BAKOSHI: Okay, great. Thank you. Thanks everyone, Brenda, please.

BRENDA BREWER: Yes. Thank you. I will do that. And with that, I will stop the recording. Thank you all.

RAOUL PLOMMER: Thanks.

[END OF TRANSCRIPT]