
MARYAM BAKOSHI: Hi. Welcome, everyone, to the meeting. This is the NPOC EC meeting on Tuesday, the 30th of July, 2019, at 13:00 UTC.

On the call today, we have Juan Manuel Rojas, Carlos Raul, Raoul Plummer, Oreoluwa Lesi, and David Cake.

From staff, we have myself, Maryam Bakoshi. [inaudible] mute your microphones when you're not speaking and say your name for the transcript.

Thank you very much, and back you, Joan.

Hi, Joan, we can hear you.

JOAN KERR: Oh, you can? Okay. I just want to say that I'm also on the call.

MARYAM BAKOSHI: [inaudible]

JOAN KERR: [inaudible]. Anyway, hi, everyone. Thanks for joining. Just a quick review. Oreo and I had a meeting last week and just started to pull everything together – stuff that need to happen and stuff that needs discussing – and she said, “Which is fantastic.” The agenda she sent out – was there anything else? I didn't see anything, but was there anything else anybody wanted to add to the agenda before we start? It's on the

Note: The following is the output resulting from transcribing an audio file into a word/text document. Although the transcription is largely accurate, in some cases may be incomplete or inaccurate due to inaudible passages and grammatical corrections. It is posted as an aid to the original audio file, but should not be treated as an authoritative record.

screen: the things that we want to talk about. Then there are two other documents that we'll get to in a minute. Is there anything else?

No? Great. All right, let's get started then. Raoul, we wanted to discuss the next step or the go-ahead for registering the support organization. We talked about that, while we obviously like the idea of the EC, we wanted to look at some of the liability that the next EC will have to face. Did you have a chance to look at that at all?

RAOUL PLOMMER: Yeah [inaudible].

JOAN KERR: Raoul?

RAOUL PLOMMER: [inaudible]

JOAN KERR: Raoul? Raoul, can you hear me? Maybe not. Okay. So ...

RAOUL PLOMMER: Oh, somebody just unmuted me.

JOAN KERR: Okay. Go ahead. Thanks.

RAOUL PLOMMER: Great. Just a sec. Basically, we'd need a charter for the organization that we want to [found] in Estonia. So we have to think of the relationship of that organization and NPOC really carefully of which way the responsibility goes. We don't want them to be entirely detached because, for example, we'll be collecting funds for the supporting organization that we will channel for work that NPOC does. I guess in that fashion we could just do all the operations that we get money for from there. We could be paying straight from there. Basically, we'd need rules for which people and how many will sit in that foundation or organization and to get how many of those we need to have the decisive power to channel funds to different projects.

Does that answer your question at all, Joan?

JOAN KERR: Yes, it does. Basically, what are the operational requirement of that organization? And I guess they want to understand how the relationship works, right?

RAOUL PLOMMER: Yes.

JOAN KERR: Okay. That's a good thing to know. Basically, it shouldn't be that difficult – maybe a little bit of legal advice – but I think Carlos mentioned ISOC. From that relationship is also, we can look at some of the documents

for PIR and ISOC, and ISOC and their organizations, since they're in a supportive role, and then extrapolate from that. Would that help?

RAOUL PLOMMER: Yeah, I think, after we know what kind of organization we want.

JOAN KERR: All right. So maybe we could do a little bit of a working group for that then? Because I think that we need to make a decision because the bank account becomes an issue because we have an outstanding bank account at the moment. So I need to file it from Canada or close it. I don't want to close it without having another bank account. So I'm just going to send – I'll copy and I'll talk to Sam – a file to [Revenue Canada] to say there are no funds that were deposited or used and we're reviewing options. Something like that, just so that there's a legal file on the Revenue Canada requirements because I haven't done that. So we need to do that. So my action will be that I'll talk to Sam and I will send what we're doing to the EC for info. Okay?

RAOUL PLOMMER: Right. My action would be to get some advice on what would be the best relationship for the organization and its people to draft that charter. It's July so it's really quite hard to get hold of people.

JOAN KERR: Oh yes.

RAOUL PLOMMER: But I think next month it'll be easier.

JOAN KERR: Yes. It's summer. It's very difficult to get work done [inaudible].

RAOUL PLOMMER: Yes.

JOAN KERR: All right. So that's great. Well, thank you for that. Any questions, anyone?

CARLOS GUTIERREZ: Yes.

JOAN KERR: Go ahead, Carlos.

CARLOS GUTIERREZ: Thank you very much. We have the same situation almost with any ISOC chapter. We have bylaws accepted by ISOC, but each organization needs a local bank account to get the funds, in our case, from ISOC. So I see no big deal, other than getting the legal structure that Raoul is recommending in Estonia. So I guess they will have standard bylaws for non-profit organizations – that's what we need – and make sure that it

fits with our bylaws. So I would expect Raoul to provide us with the standard bylaws for a non-profit in the place he wants to incorporate. This is number one. Number two, the same officers that are in charge of NPOC are the ones being represented in the legal structure.

The problem is that you change people in NPOC and then, three years later, they're still looking for Sam and Joan because you're the only ones that have a signature to the bank account. This is the thing that we have to avoid at all costs. I would not recommend closing your bank account ever as long as Canada allows non-profits to have a bank account because that's very important. That's very valuable. We have to make sure that, if we change the officers, if we change the executive committee, we can easily register the new officers in the legal entity and in the bank account. Otherwise, trying to keep track for two different organizations, one operational and one moneywise, is a headache. So it should be very, very easy. If it's not easy, I hope Sam and Joan keep the account open. Thank you very much.

JOAN KERR:

Thanks, Carlos. All that needs to happen with this account is that there's a filing, which can be done on an annual basis. It's very easy. It's less than an hour's work. So if everybody is okay with that, we'll keep it open and file the necessary documents. [inaudible]. Go ahead, Juan.

JUAN MANUEL ROJAS:

In the discussion that we had in Marrakech, I know you talked of this in that meeting. But I was thinking that maybe, talking about the charter, we can just put or write some general guidelines about my bank

account and not [link it] directly with our bank account to continue moving forward with the charter, [which] will finally be accepted. Or at least commented [on].

So I think that we are mixing to things. The second thing is the banking account. I know that it's very important, but I think that maybe we should only mention it inside our charter, not detail it exactly. That's my point of view. Thank you very much.

DAVID CAKE:

Can I say I agree with that? We don't need to mention any details about it in the charter. Sometimes this sort of issue is why organizations have a position that's a trustee, which, to some extent, can often be just a person whose job is to be on things like bank accounts and safeguard the organization long-term. We don't need to put that in the charter. We can literally just appoint people and say we authorize so-and-so to be (someone who's been around for a while and is trusted) a long-term bank account signatory that just basically is there in case we lose track of the [Can] signatories.

JUAN MANUEL ROJAS:

Thanks for that.

JOAN KERR:

Great suggestions. As everyone knows, when you run organizations, volunteers disappear. So I think those are very good suggestions, just in terms of operation.

Any questions from you, Raoul?

RAOUL PLOMMER: I agree that we should try to keep it as simple as possible without losing track of who's controlling the Board seats in the new organization. But I do think that it would be also somewhat cheaper if some of the old signatories were there. I think it's just a matter of saying, "Look, I don't want to do this anymore," and then we can initiate another signatory. I think the plan was to have three signatories at any given time. So I think we got that covered.

JOAN KERR: Okay, great. Do you have a timeline when you could get this done?

RAOUL PLOMMER: Sorry? I missed that last bit.

JOAN KERR: Do you have a timeline? What it be by the next meeting you'd have an update? Or do you think September?

RAOUL PLOMMER: Well, I should have an update for the next meeting. But, yeah, by the latest, September. I think I really want to have that draft ready for the next meeting.

JOAN KERR: All right. If I could put some timelines around it, maybe if we can enough information to actually make a decision by Montreal. I think that would be a good timeline. So information, discussion, and then decision. How's that? Sounds good?

RAOUL PLOMMER: [Aye].

JOAN KERR: Okay, thanks. Next, if there are no other questions, is the charter. Did you submit the charter to ICANN?

RAOUL PLOMMER: I think why we didn't was because there was discussion that we'd link this new organization into our new charter. But I'm not sure if that's entirely necessary.

JOAN KERR: Yeah, that's right. We did have that discussion. What does everybody think? Should we wait or should we send it?

CARLOS GUTIERREZ: No. This is Carlos again, if you allow me, Joan.

JOAN KERR: Go ahead.

CARLOS GUTIERREZ:

I want to clarify to Juan Manuel and to David. Those are two very separate issues. They don't need to be linked. As I say, using again the example of ISOC chapters, ISOC chapters have a charter, like NPOC does. The charter has to be aligned with ISOC's objectives and purposes and everything. This is the most important relationship. There is no rules in the charter of ISOC chapters that say you have to open a bank account. They just say, "If you do projects, you will get money from us." Period. That's it. We don't have to link anything.

Now, when you get the money in a country, then you have the tax issue. Where do you put the money if you don't want to put it under a mattress and you need to have an international swift number to get the monies and so on.

So I think we should not make it overly complex. It's very easy. We need just a supporting organization. This is separate. This is just a utility to be able to manage the monies and that carries a lot of responsibility because you have to justify to the government in the country where the account is that you are not making profit and that you don't want to pay taxes. But those are two separate things. I never would put anything in the NPOC charter related to that. It's just a compliance issue with the local laws to deal with the money in case we get some money from ICANN or if we get some money from somebody else. The only thing is that, in the supporting organization, we have to be very explicit that the only purpose of the supporting organization is to support NPOC, period. Thank you.

RAOUL PLOMMER: I agree.

JUAN MANUEL ROJAS: I agree. Yeah, Raoul, that's why I'm saying—

CALEB OGUNDELE: [inaudible]. Sorry. I absolutely agree with Carlos has actually mentioned. However, just a point to note is that, while we could separate that, I think we should also put it in mind that it is also desirable to have that in place because the example you gave about ISOC, from my own understanding being an ISOC executive at the moment, is that it is desirable that we should have an account which explicitly says that it is the ISOC Nigerian chapter for my own chapter.

However, [inaudible] of money coming in through the president's personal account, which we are currently using, before we open an account to solve that problem. However, it's good to separate it. I agree with you. It is also desirable, but it should not stop the charter from moving on to the next level which it's supposed to go to. So it's just a side comment on that, but I think it's desirable, not that I'm objecting to whatever you said earlier.

JOAN KERR: Anyone else who wants to comment on that?

I actually agree that they should be separate and one shouldn't affect the other because, when you start having changes, then you have to change the other. It becomes a nightmare. If you leave the objectives of a supporting organization as very, very simple and very straightforward, it's easier to operate. It's easier to say, "This is what our job is. This is the mission and objective of NPOC and this is why we're doing it." I like straight lines with everything. When you start to meander and stuff, it gets very murky. I don't like that. I like to say to someone, "The supporting organization received \$1,000. NPOC hosted an event that cost \$320. We have \$635 left." Very, very simple because, when it comes to money, people get crazy. Being a custodian of money: the simpler, the better.

Carlos, might I ask you and Raoul to work together just to have it written so that the EC can see it and everybody agrees on it because this is just a discussion and we want to make sure that everyone agrees.

Can I ask the question then – this is a yes or no and I need it from everyone – on the second point: Decide on submitting the existing charter without any mention of the supporting organization? That's the question.

RAOUL PLOMMER:

Yes, I think we should just send the charter off without mentioning this new supporting organization tying our hands down.

JOAN KERR:

Great. Thank you. Any objections to that, anyone?

CALEB OGUNDELE: No. I think folks can actually use the yes button on the Zoom platform to just indicate. There's a yes button there.

JOAN KERR: I don't see it, but it—

[RAOUL PLOMMER]: I just used it now.

JOAN KERR: Okay. It doesn't show up on my screen.

UNIDENTIFIED MALE: [inaudible]

JOAN KERR: So if everyone could just answer yes or no and I'll write the names down and then cross-check it later if you're answering on screen because I cannot see it. Maybe I'll just go through each one.

Juan, yes or no?

JUAN MANUEL ROJAS: Yes.

OREOLUWA LESI: I hope you can hear me. When we do decide to go ahead with the supporting organization – I know we had this discussion and we said we did not want to commit NPOC/EC members to something that they’re not aware of. And if it’s not in the charter, how else would they be aware of it. So that’s just another point of view.

JOAN KERR: Anyone want to answer that question? Because I can go ahead, but if someone wants—

CARLOS GUTIERREZ: Yes. I would like to answer to Ore. Ore, as I said before – sorry to repeat these – based on the experience we have with the ISOC chapters, the sole purpose of the supporting organization is to help NPOC’s work. So it should be mentioned in the supporting organization.

The second part of the argument is the representatives of the supporting organization should be the same as the members of the executive committee. So that closes the loop. That’s a headache because, every time we change the executive committee, we might have to change the [signatories]. But that’s very important. We don’t want Joann three years later filling papers for NPOC or if Joan is doing something else. It requires some degree of responsibility to deal with money matters. That means that we have to have the supporting organization up to date. You can write whatever you want at the level of the supporting organization.

We just don't want to mix the NPOC charter with that. It's only a utility to deal with money issues with the sole purpose of helping NPOC. That should be enough. The people who are in the executive committee should be aware just because ICANN is telling them, "Hey, I gave you \$1,000. Where's the money?" So it's an additional responsibility to the executive committee to deal with the money in a transparent way towards ICANN but also on a legal solid base in terms of taxes and other things in terms of the bank account.

In the past, non-for-profits have been used for less-good ideas, like laundering money and so on. So if we want to have this money and use it effectively, we have to take the responsibility upon us. Thank you.

JOAN KERR:

Ore, I agree that it shouldn't be in the charter with everyone. One of the things that we may want to look at is not necessarily that the EC is on that committee. But the most important thing is that there is, in the charter of the new supporting organization, a responsibility for an annual report or maybe a quarterly report – we can define those things – to the NPOC-EC so that's there's an ongoing relationship to the NPOC-EC. So there are ways that you can hold people responsible.

Does that answer your question?

OREOLUWA LESI:

Well, I think so, yeah. I know we had a conversation about how would people know that that supporting organization exists if it's not mentioned in the charter. I do understand we do want to move ahead

with the charter, and this would definitely slow it down. That was just my other question. If it's not, how would people know? As you [inaudible], we have moved on. Yes, Carlos mentioned that, if we have the same people – maybe we have some kind of stability there – then that knowledge is passed on: that this supporting organization exists solely to support and NPOC financially. It's just that, if it's not mentioned in the charter, then many years later that knowledge is lost. So that was my thought, that was my question.

JOAN KERR:

On the other hand, there is the responsibility of the financial person to oversee any funds that NPOC is given. So that will be part of the reporting as well on NPOC's side.

CALEB OGUNDELE:

I do see some reason [inaudible] raised. Here are the reasons why. Even if it's just a line or two that we could mention within the charter to say there is this supporting organization, at the end of the day, we will then say this will be backed by a separate, let's say, policy that we have that is [inaudible] guiding principle for them to work with within the supporting organization.

So perhaps having two lines to that charter I don't think is going to hurt. If ICANN Legal is saying that, if, at the end of the day, when they are reviewed, [inaudible] this is not tenable that we can use," or, "We'll advise against this," then we can then scrap it off. But rather than starting something new, at least slotting in one or two lines won't be a bad idea. Then we can move ahead.

CARLOS GUTIERREZ: I agree with you, Caleb. I understand where you come from, but really having the monies in the personal bank account of the president of the organization is something I do not recommend, like you have it in your example. So I would look forward to see how did you solve that. That's one thing I really would never do—

CALEB OGUNDELE: [inaudible]

CARLOS GUTIERREZ: Let me finish this. There is an accountability process for the money from ICANN and that's it. We can write a sentence that says, "Okay," and the organization will take measures that the monies that they get from ICANN will be handled in a transparent and an accountable way. Period. That's it. And avoiding using personal accounts for ICANN monies.

We have a background in NPOC – a very, very bad background – with monies, not from ICANN but from the outside. NPOC has been used before to use funding from different sources for projects that were not related to NPOC and ICANN purposes.

So I really want to make very clear that, if we get money from ICANN, it's only for NPOC purposes. Period. I don't want to get in any other discussion because five years ago we had \$20,000 and we almost destroyed NPOC because of having this money. So I don't want to focus on organizations. I want to make clear that it's only about monies because this is really a serious issue. I don't want to be again in these

discussions, and I don't want any dollar being in someone's private account.

So if this is an issue for you, I understand. Then we stop the discussion with the supporting organization and we leave the money in Canada and we can continue with the agenda because we're wasting too much time in terms of the bylaws. We have an account. That's good enough. Okay, let's continue. Let's forget the supporting organization and let's continue the way we have it. We are making now progress here.

CALEB OGUNDELE:

Okay. Just to make some clarification, as [a result], we now have an official accounts in my own ISOC escrow. That's the reason why I said it's desirable. I used the word "desirable" that we have an account in NPOC, not for personal use. That money should not be sent into personal accounts.

However, I feel that there is usually a way we do this in [inaudible]. If we have a budget request, we sent it to ICANN. The money resides in ICANN's account. If there is a budget request, we send it to them and they release the money specifically for that proposal. I think that should perhaps also solve some issues. We can move on from that probably to the next agenda item. Just make some side comments.

JOAN KERR:

Thanks, guys. We've all agreed that we move on with the charter. To answer Ore's question and any concerns, I think that the supporting organization we hold accountable to report to NPOC on either a

quarterly or an annual basis. I think that would suffice for the funds because NPOC-EC is responsible for any funds that we received anyway. It's just being deposited in that account. So they oversee regardless and make a decision on how it's spent. The supporting organization is the bank account if you want to look at it like that. That's simply what it is. So I think it's the supporting organization that we have to make sure does as well (have the relationship).

Does that answer your question or make you feel any better, Ore?

OREOLUWA LESI:

Well, I guess we can move on. If the signatories or the trustees of the accounts or required in the charter of the supporting organization to make a report to NPOC – NPOC-EC or NPOC members – at every specified period, then I guess the knowledge of that supporting organization of why it exists will not be lost. Yeah, I guess we can move on. I understand the last point that Caleb was mentioning about just saying there is a supporting organization, but I don't want us to go back into that. Maybe that's – I don't know – for another time and we can just move on. I guess, if the supporting organization charter states that there must be a report made to NPOC-EC members. Then that knowledge of the supporting organization wouldn't be lost, and anybody in the organization's bank account will not be forgotten. That was my main point.

JOAN KERR:

First of all, I don't really like the terminology "Let's just move on" because we're not. We're discussing it. So the suggestion is that the

representatives of NPOC, whether it's the Chair and someone else, are the ones that are the guardians of it and that's a duty because the Chair has to oversee any funds anyway. That's a duty of the Chair. So just that alone is [inaudible]. That's why ...

All right. "Don't forget that NPOC is responsible for [inaudible]." Right. So we have the charter. We've agreed to that. Raoul, you will take care of the next step for the charter then?

RAOUL PLOMMER: Yeah. I'll try and draft the charter for the organization. It shouldn't be more than one [paper].

JOAN KERR: Okay, great. Thank you. All right, next item. Review from – Maryam, is there any way you can put up the notes from Jean-Jacques?

MARYAM BAKOSHI: Yes. One second.

JOAN KERR: Thanks. Great. We had a call. I think many of you were on the call with Jean-Jacques Sahel from GSE. We talked about – I didn't know we were supposed to be meeting. I thought it was going to be one-on-one. But anyway, it was a really good meeting and his notes were actually quite good. It lays out what we want to do. Juan was on the call as well. So

what we need to do is take this information and ensure that we actually operationalize it.

The very first point is our joint seminar with ALAC. We've agreed that we would do one in Montreal with them, and we're going to do that. We all have to communicate with GSE to get the marketing material and some other materials for that meeting. But that meeting is in reach to the Fellows, Newcomers, and maybe At-Large members to really tell them what NPOC is about but more importantly what's the difference between NPOC and ALAC because that was the number-one question that came up. So we really, really have to clarify and crystalize that for the audience.

Can you bring that up a little bit more? Yeah. So that's what I just said. I don't know who, Juan and Caleb. You both should work on the material for the marketing collateral. Can I get you guys to work together to submit information? I'll be on there as well for our marketing material. Can we put a little working group together with the three of us? Anyone else can join. We need to get this done.

JUAN MANUEL ROJAS: Yeah.

CALEB OGUNDELE: Yeah.

JOAN KERR: Okay. Caleb?

CALEB OGUNDELE: I think the committee will compromise of John, Juan, and myself, right?

JOAN KERR: That's correct.

CALEB OGUNDELE: Okay, fine. I will be glad to support that.

JOAN KERR: Okay. Then we can send it to the EC for them to review it and then send it off to GSE. Okay?

CALEB OGUNDELE: Okay. So probably it's more within the confines of our membership, I think one should start a document, like on Google Drive, and then share with all students that are contributing.

JOAN KERR: Sure. Okay, just bring it up again, please, Maryam. If there's any questions, just let me know. Taking this information, I would really highly recommend we take this information and work from this document to prepare our marketing material because now what we want to do is get everything in sync – the policy comment, the background, the slide deck. Everything now to be in sync with each other. So this is what the purpose of doing this is. So any graphics

should all be consistent on the website, on any marketing material, any slides. The branding becomes very important. Obviously, the wording on each one that should be exactly the same.

JUAN MANUEL ROJAS: Joan?

JOAN KERR: Yeah.

JUAN MANUEL ROJAS: Reading the screen of what Maryam is sharing, we need to do this content and this collateral materials. When is the deadline for [inaudible]? Because we need to write this information. Then we have to take into account the [sign] time and also the printing time because we need to think about if we need to adjust what materials finally are we going to print because we are taking postcards, about flyers, about [inaudible]. Those are things that may define what materials we are just releasing out or maybe we wait for another meeting because it may be too much for the short that we have from here to Montreal. I don't know what the time of the communications team from ICANN is like in case they are going to design [for] us.

JOAN KERR: Great. Thanks. I think what we have to do is, when we meet, find out what the timelines are and then prioritize what we want to have done

for Montreal and what can be done after Montreal. That's probably the best way to do that.

JUAN MANUEL ROJAS: Okay.

JOAN KERR: All right, great.

CALEB OGUNDELE: [inaudible] materials? Sorry to comment.

JOAN KERR: Sorry? Go ahead.

CALEB OGUNDELE: Speaking of marketing materials, the video that I did I've gotten feedback from almost every member but I didn't get it from you, Joan.

JOAN KERR: Okay.

CALEB OGUNDELE: And I intentionally used as a sample of the best case to see what the feedback will see before I start a full production with other marketing

materials [inaudible] feedback from you. So perhaps you are the last person to give a concurrence on if we can go ahead.

JOAN KERR: Oh, okay. I did see that. Thank you. I will do that. I will get back to you by tomorrow.

CALEB OGUNDELE: Okay, great.

JOAN KERR: Thanks. All right, Maryam. Can you bring it up a bit, please? Okay. Also, everything that we do must have our priority areas completely on them – come on, get lost. Sorry about that. I'm in my office. So we talked about that. So nothing has changed there. We all know that these are the issues that we're dealing with.

Now, what we have to do is incorporate them in our webinars. We will talk about that, maybe Juan and I, for the membership calls, and work with GDD, the global domain group, to provide some of this educational materials, as well as some of the stakeholder groups, and start building some cross-collaboration with them as well. So that's what that's about.

Next? Any questions?

JUAN MANUEL ROJAS: I want just to add that, in the membership call that we had, I know that the point is ahead. So I'm jumping in just to add that I said to our

members that I'm going to release a survey on these topics of webinars or the background on our screen for them to select what is the topic they think we should start our capacity building program with inside our membership call [meetings]. So that's just an update from our membership call. So these topics are going to be in a survey so our members can decide which one starts our capacity building program for membership. That's all.

JOAN KERR:

That's great. One of the things that we have to do is now take this information and content to the website so that it defines what they are and some background material and then do the survey so that people can actually have some information about them. So that's what I see have to happen.

Maryam, could you bring it up, please? All right. This whole thing that we had – two strategies. We've talked about this last year as well. Two strategies: one in in-reach and one in outreach or external activities. Again, they're a little bit different. One is to capacity build and the other is to inform and to invite. Some of the organizations and events that were – this is on the call with Jean-Jacques still – identified were there. If anybody wants to add anything, maybe what I will do – or Maryam could do it; it doesn't matter – by today is put this document on a Google Doc so that people can add any events or suggestions on it because I also have to do the CROP one as well. So that would help prioritize where we go and what we do.

Any questions?

CALEB OGUNDELE: Yes. I guess this is on CROP, right?

JOAN KERR: This is for any identifying events that we can then look at which ones we want to support as NPOC, including CROP.

CALEB OGUNDELE: Okay. So I think already I mentioned some from our region, which includes AFRINIC meetings, the African Internet Summit, and a couple of some other ones that I think happen within their region. They usually have non-for-profits also attending. So I want to know if those could be moved from the previous CROP documents that were done to this other one so that [inaudible] would like it's IGF RightsCon and some other events that we are focusing on all the time. We should have a little bit of some regional dimension to most of them.

JOAN KERR: That came out of that these are events that ICANN itself sponsors, so that's the first thing that they look at. So that's why. That's what I'm saying: add your events for this year. Then what we have to is see if ICANN is supporting those of if we can ask for funds to do that. So we have to be able to strategize about it.

CALEB OGUNDELE: Yes. I'm quiet certain and confident that ICANN supports African Internet Summits, DNS Forums, and the AFRINIC meetings.

JOAN KERR: Right. Just add them. The best we can do is add them (because they're important to us as NPOC) and send it.

CALEB OGUNDELE: Okay, great.

JOAN KERR: Anyone else?

Okay. Maryam, could you bring it up, please? So that's the external events. These are all suggestions that we talked about on the call. I think that's it.

All right, back to the agenda if there are no other questions. Great. Thank you, Maryam. Next—

CALEB OGUNDELE: Sorry. One more question. I'm going to be developing questions this time around just to get clarification. I asked on Skype, but do we have an exact travel policy that speaks to certain guidelines that can say, "This CROP application was received, and we are following this specific guideline outside what ICANN has specified that we should fulfill"? Also, let's say there are a number of slots within NPOC's EC can be used within a specific period of time, is there is a travel policy that guides

that allocation? I asked that question and I was told that there is a document that sticks to it. I tried to search the website, which I also updated before – the old website – and also the Wikipedia. I couldn't find any of those guidelines. So perhaps I feel it would be a good time to specify directly what are the guidelines for travel slot utilization and also approval of CROP so that it won't be like it's arbitrary stuff. So we have a guideline we can share with members: that's what I'm trying to drive at.

JOAN KERR:

For CROP, the guidelines are set. For the travel slots, in the past, to make it easy, what we've done is put the EC in the slots. But we need to develop a policy for active members. So that's a good point. I have to look at the charter. I think it does say we have to agree on a policy for travel. So that's a good point. Thanks for bringing it up.

I can't think of where we could find – I'm going to write down to look for it. I don't think we have one, though. All right, so I've put it down as an action. Okay?

CALEB OGUNDELE:

Okay, great.

JOAN KERR:

Thanks. Maryam, do you have ... One thing we do need is to, one, find out when the deadlines are. So I'll talk to Maryam about that. Maryam, do you have five minutes to do an overview of the new CROP guidelines, please?

MARYAM BAKOSHI: Yeah. Hi, Joan. Sure. We have the outreach strategic plan. NPOC has submitted its outreach strategic plan, which is great, but there are a few questions from the regional Vice-President that—

RAOUL PLOMMER: Maryam, I can hardly hear you. You are far away

MARYAM BAKOSHI: Oh. Can you hear me now?

RAOUL PLOMMER: A little bit better now.

MARYAM BAKOSHI: Okay. Sorry about that. So I'm just going to start again. I said NPOC has submitted its outreach strategic plan, which is great, but it needs to complete that circle by responding to the regional V.P., who has asked a few questions. So those questions need to be answered as soon as possible so that NPOC can start utilizing CROP. Without that, unfortunately – well, sorry. We would have to wait on CROP approvals before you can respond to that and the CROP trip approvals have to wait.

In terms of FY20, there are currently four changes. One is, from now, every region would have to look at the Global Stakeholder Engagement team, which is the GSE team. For instance, Georgia falls under Asia, but

under the ICANN regional list, it is under Europe. So right now what we're doing is just having all the regions under the GSE. I hope that makes sense. We are going to be using the GSE list for CROP going forward rather than the ICANN region list.

The second change to FY20 is that one out of three allocated trips would no longer have to be – the first one would no longer have to be from to an ICANN public meeting or ICANN-organized meeting. So, for any trip you take now, the first one can be outside those two. What used to happen before now is that it either had to be an ICANN public meeting or ICANN-organized meeting before you can use the other two slots for any other meeting. So going forward, you can now use any slot for any meeting as long as one of the meeting is an ICANN public meeting or ICANN-organized meeting. It doesn't have to be the first trip anymore.

In terms of the conference registration fees, normally or generally it is not funded, but there are limited exceptions that can be made to conference registrations fees. But this will require approval from the Vice-President for the Strategic Community Operations Planning and Engagement team, which is Mary, which is the SCOPE team, in consultation with the regional GSE Vice-President.

The last change for FY20 is, rather than the five working days plus six weeks deadline for CROP trip proposals and bookings, we now have it as just a normal seven weeks from the commencement date of the proposed trip. So it was the normal five working days plus six weeks. It's not seven weeks from the commencement date of the proposed trip. But the concurrence from the regional V.P.s would have be six weeks before the trip commencement date.

I think those are the changes for FY20. Everything else stays the same. Please let me know if you have any questions.

CALEB OGUNDELE:

Just for clarification, on the question asking [inaudible], I understand we have three CROPs. I also understand from the documentation I read that the three CROPs can be one ICANN meeting and the rest for other meetings. So is it possible – I'm just asking specifically – that the three CROPs discretionarily be used for ICANN meetings? If those three CROPs could be used for ICANN meetings, perhaps we get some active members to attend? Must it be specifically from a region? For example, if it's going to be held in, like you mentioned – where are we having our next meeting? – Montreal, must the person who wants to use the CROP come from the North American area, or can the person come from Europe or from any other part? Those are just the questions I think I have for now.

MARYAM BAKOSHI:

Thanks very much, Caleb. If I understand your question correctly, the first one, is it regional? And the second one is, can NPOC use those three slots, for instance, for all three ICANN meetings? Is that correct?

CALEB OGUNDELE:

Yes.

MARYAM BAKOSHI: Okay, Great. So, to the first question, yes, NPOC can use the three slots for the ICANN meetings. That's fine. You're allowed to do that. To the second question, it has to be regional. So the traveler has to be from that region. If there's a meeting in Montreal, it would have to be from the North American region and not Africa, for instance, or Europe. I hope that is clear.

CALEB OGUNDELE: Yeah. So that was a leading questions. So in this case whereby there is an outreach engagement also in Africa and the participant – or let's say RightsCon right now, which is a general event. What would then be the criteria if RightsCon is going to be held in Africa and the person who is going to attend is coming from Europe and the person we approved is coming from Europe? I'm just seeking guidance at this point.

MARYAM BAKOSHI: Someone coming from Europe cannot attend an event in Africa under CROP.

CALEB OGUNDELE: Great. Thank you for the answers. I just needed to seek that guidance.

MARYAM BAKOSHI: Thank you so much. I really hope I've been clear. I'm struggling with a blocked ear, so I'm so sorry.

JOAN KERR: Great. Thanks, Maryam. Thanks, everyone. Any other questions for Maryam?

Actually, I think it makes it much easier: some of these changes. That's good. Somebody must have some common sense on the committee. Anyway, next one. Are there any updates for the NCSG-EC? I'd like to address the NCSG-EC for a second before we have any answers. I've been told that our representative is not attending as often and not responding to membership approvals as quickly as they should. So I'm asking to, one, get your point of view and also some of the input in any activities that happens on the NCSG-EC that NPOC is not actively involved with.

I know, Raoul and Juan, you're on that committee. Any responses to that? It's something I have to address.

RAOUL PLOMMER: Hi, Joan. We recently, a few days ago, got these Finance Committee procedures. Well, I haven't gone through all of them yet, but basically it looks like the draft that me and Juan need to accept so the Finance Committee can start its work.

JOAN KERR: The complaint that NPOC is not doing its part for helping NCSG do its job, whether it's on the approvals or input or representation on other sub-committees or working groups. So that's the complaint.

JUAN MANUEL ROJAS: I think one thing is approval from [new] members. I just have [just entered a] membership application after Marrakech just until now. But we had [inaudible] some organizations and individual that we have to approve. But we are not the only ones. You're right. So that's one thing.

Another thing is that NPOC is participating a little in some committees. But we are a few people. I am involved in the New gTLD Subsequent Procedures Working Group, and sometimes the meetings are at 2:00 A.M. and 3:00 A.M., so I can't attend. Yes, I have decreased the speed of participating in open public comment from NCSG, but we are there. Not me myself, but maybe one of you are there. Some people that are not here in this meeting but are involved are Joanna, [Remmy], Olivier and [inaudible]. They're involved in some kind of way.

So I think that, yes, I don't know what happened with applications, but I am not receiving any information that the application is a new application to check. Yes, I have to check some applications there.

I think that's it. One thing that I have seen is that maybe we have also less participation in NCSG policy meeting. It's where sometimes Martin polled it: NPOC has no representative in one of the meetings in days before. So we should check there because it's not only in NCSG-EC but sometimes it's in NCSG meetings in general. So I think that's it. I hope I'm clear.

JOAN KERR: That's great—

CARLOS GUTIERREZ: I want to say something to that.

JOAN KERR: Sure.

CARLOS GUTIERREZ: If the members of the executive committee cannot participate, they should send somebody else. We have a lot of activity in NCSG. We have at least five or six substantial e-mails per day. There is a lot of pressure on Rafik because he's going to continue for another term as Vice-Chair. There is a lot of issues on the table that we have to take decisions on.

So it's not only the membership committee, Juan. I'm afraid there is a lot on the table. So if Raoul and Juan cannot participate, we should solve it immediately because there is a lot of pressure. There have been changes in the Councilors, so there is a lot of pressure in this transition. It all comes out in the executive committee of NCSG. We heard the other day that the NCSG is supposing an intercessional. If we don't participate, we cannot be surprised that there is no intercessional. Things are changing, are changing fast, and we have to make a difference between policy and membership committees and the executive committee itself.

So, please, if you get invited, Juan and Raoul, if you cannot make it, I think it's your duty to ask somebody else to represent you. Thank you very much.

JOAN KERR: Thanks, Carlos. The other thing too, obviously – sorry?

CALEB OGUNDELE: I need recognition by the Chair.

JOAN KERR: Yeah. Go ahead, Caleb.

CALEB OGUNDELE: My general sense is that I don't think there is something specific within the charter that says that the person attending the NCSG meeting must be NPOC-EC. If there is, please correct me on that. If there is not, in my own thinking – I even looked at the charter as well – I think it is expected that the membership chair forms a member committee of something. It is like a membership charter. The old charter is what I'm referring to. So, if that is put in place, we should consider having to announce to members that there are opportunities for alternates to be attending this meeting alongside NPOC [inaudible] if we insist that it must be an NPOC [inaudible] that should be attending this meeting due to the fact that somebody can't attend because of the time, which is actually a very reasonable thing to do. You don't expect somebody to wake up in the middle of the night to attend certain meetings.

So what I'm suggesting is that we then make an open call to members that we want alternates for this proposal and that we should just then say that that person should be guided to participate as an observer within that meeting and carry out any function and then report back to the NPOC-EC at the end of the day. It's just my general thought.

JOAN KERR: Thanks, Caleb. Anyone else?

ORELUAWA LESI: Yes. Hi. This is Ore.

JOAN KERR: Go ahead.

OREOLUWA LESI: I think that's actually a good idea because I see that in NCSG and NCUC. Members in general are very active and they're not necessary EC members. So I think, if we were to maybe have committees to support – for instance, maybe Raoul and Juan being on the NCSG-EC so we have maybe a finance – I don't know – working group or a policy – well, we do have a policy committee, but if we were able to share when the meetings are coming up? I know if they are not part of the committee, then they cannot join the meetings, but at least we can share with them what was discussed in the meeting afterwards and really get them involved. I think it's actually a nice way. So people who are particularly interested in certain issues can ... So we can have committees so we can really get them engaged. I think that's good. It takes the pressure off maybe Juan and Raoul or the members of the Finance Committee – well, the previous members of the Finance Committee – so that they feel like they have more of a time around them. So definitely, if they cannot attend a meeting, then they can say, "This meeting is coming up.

I won't be able to attend. Who within this group can attend?" I think that's great.

JOAN KERR:

Thanks, Ore. Thanks, guys, for this suggestion. The first thing I want to say is that the NCSG-EC charter does not provide any allocations for alternatives. So that's in the charter, number one.

Number two is I'm trying to find out – that's why I'm asking the questions to our representative – to what extent is this true. Approval of membership – it's good to be at the meetings but you can do it afterwards as well. I've been on the NCSG-EC in approval. So if you can't make the meeting, you can still approve members afterwards. You don't need an alternative to do that. So what I'm wondering is why the issue is being brought up? Are fingers being pointed for exaggeration, or is it a recurring problem? I'm just trying to actually find out.

The third thing I want to say is that NPOC members have to be careful that we are always addressing the issues that NPOC is responsible for as well, not necessarily of the issues that we're not part of.

So the question was really just to find out what's going on. Is it in fact true or is it just exaggerated? Regardless of that, what can we do about it if it's not? I know the approval side should be easy. I agree with the PC. I was flabbergasted that I didn't know about the last PC meeting. At least I would have listened to see what issues we have to deal with and stuff like that. So just an e-mail to say, "The representative couldn't show up. Can someone at least show up if they're able to?" would have

been good. But in terms of the NCSG-EC, there is no alternative allocations. I think—

RAOUL PLOMMER: If I could just say something. It's Raoul.

JOAN KERR: Yeah?

RAOUL PLOMMER: I've been to every EC meeting – for example, now the [aid in] policy procedures there five days ago – and no one else has responded to them either. I'm also getting messages that the new members who have applied haven't had the EC go through them, and that goes from every EC member of the NCSG. So it's not that NPOC is not doing their part. I think we're doing just as much as the NCUC part of the NCSG-EC.

JOAN KERR: This is the reason I want to find out because I will tell you – this is my personal experience. and I have nothing to gain from ICANN or any of this stuff – I have personally commented and inputted into different public comments and, when I listen to the recognition, I'm never, ever mentioned, nor NPOC. I prefer if it said NPOC. I'm never, ever mentioned. That's why I'm trying to find out. So I look at it and I always smile and say, "Heh. Oh, okay," because I have commented, and my comments have been received. So I'm just trying to find out what's going on.

RAOUL PLOMMER: I haven't been to the NCSG-PC meetings, but the EC part I think I've actually taken care of rather well. So I don't know. I'd like to have some other sort of more accurate criticism than just that we're not doing our part. It'd be nice to know exactly what.

JOAN KERR: All right. Well then, I will write that down: what is it that's not happening.

CALEB OGUNDELE: Earlier, I had a conversation with you, Joan, and I said it's best if NPOC rises up to the challenges and they come. When there is a public comment that's coming out, which I sometimes go on ICANN's website to go look for and then try to announce to everyone – let's try and start something in-house within our own selves and then push it to the entire NCSG and say, "Come. This is something coming out from NPOC." At the end of the day, I don't think they would then say that NPOC isn't doing anything. I feel a bit concerned when you mentioned that earlier during conversation in Marrakech, and I strongly feel that this is also an opportunity for our policy chair to see how we can motivate people specifically participating in the [inaudible] of the comments. That's on the one hand.

I [don't] want to just focus on the issue of membership, which we were earlier on. I do have some questions, actually, since I'm in question mode right now. The membership addition – I just needed clarification.

For some of us, we're doing outreach and trying to talk to people about what NPOC is and what they can benefit from NPOC. I need to understand the structure of how it is. On our membership, I saw where we have ISOC chapters, which technically qualifies them to be a member in some way. I could be wrong but I'm trying to post—

JOAN KERR: But right now we're talking about the NCSG-EC activities and how we can [inaudible].

CALEB OGUNDELE: Apologies on that. I thought we were discussing membership. That's the reason why [inaudible].

JOAN KERR: Right. Thanks.

CALEB OGUNDELE: I'll wait.

JOAN KERR: Great. Well, you've said some of it already. So what I will do – my action for NCSG – is to please outline exactly what the issues are instead of just saying what they are because of course I think there's only one or two meetings left for the existing members as well. So I will do that.

I just want to point out very, very clearly that, when resources become limited, survival skills kick in. So the NCSG-EC has a place for NPOC. If they're questioning whether or not that slot should go to an NPOC member as opposed to an NCUC member, this is the issue that is at the backend of what we're talking about. Okay? Let's be honest. So this is what's happening. So the NCSG Chair wants to bring in something called the merit – obviously it's a good thing for people to perform, but what does that look like, etc.? The whole idea behind it is, where does the travel slot go to? So I just wanted to say that.

All right. Let's go to the next – so my action for that is I'm going to ask for specifics. [inaudible] in his conversations, and I said, "Juan, I have to ask my representative first." Let's go to Juan. I think you've talked a little bit about the – I'm sorry this call is going longer, but we had a lot to talk about. Give us an update on the membership call, please.

JUAN MANUEL ROJAS: Okay. Thank you very much. We had a membership call days before. On this call, we had talked with the members about updates and highlights about ICANN 65.

RAOUL PLOMMER: There is noise in the background.

JUAN MANUEL ROJAS: Yeah. It's so noisy here just in this exact moment Joan said I had the floor. I'm sorry. I'm trying to talk [inaudible] the mic. Maybe it's better now. So in our membership call we had around ten people. We had

highlights from ICANN 65. We talked about what are the plans for ICANN 66. We talked about what are the plans of the membership calls. We talked about capacity building. We highlighted the important things we need to know what they're doing. What are members doing around the world, and do we know each other?

That's why we are talking about launching a survey, as already said a minute before, to take these priorities of NPOC to identify what are the maybe most important things for them. We started this topic with our cycle.

It was a very productive meeting, and we also had Maryam giving us an explanation about what other changes of CROP are. I don't remember very well what is. But I think that's it.

JOAN KERR:

Thanks, Juan. I have a question. Of the ten members, how many were from the EC and how many were from the membership list?

JUAN MANUEL ROJAS:

From the EC, it was only three of us. No, maybe four. It was Caleb who was joining in the middle. It was four: Caleb, Ore, you in away mode, and me. The rest was Sam and other people that were not EC members.

JOAN KERR:

Okay. Do you have any idea what regions they were from or what specifically they were interested in?

JUAN MANUEL ROJAS: No, because the only person that took the floor was Sam. Other members [inaudible]. So, no, I don't know. But I think that we have Africa, America, and – I really don't know.

JOAN KERR: Okay. Can you also send a quick paragraph of a report so that we can also put that on the website? Because we have to now start to fill the website with content.

JUAN MANUEL ROJAS: Okay. Yeah, I can do that.

JOAN KERR: Great. Well, that's wonderful. Congratulations. We're having the meeting. I think, if we can plan and have these every month, it would be wonderful. I don't know what they would be like in these summer, but hopefully it will increase as we go. That's fantastic. I'm hoping that I will be working with Carlos quite closely to have the policy meetings as well once that can initiate. So that's wonderful.

So the next one – any questions, anyone, first of all, for Juan?

Okay, great—

OREOLUWA LESI: Hi. This is Ore. The last person – the non-EC members were Sam and Olivier.

JOAN KERR: Okay, great. All right, so plans for the agenda for NPOC/ALAC. Ore and I have been working on this one. And Juan. We have the Google Docs. I'm not going to go through that too much. I do have a call with At-Large tomorrow and Maureen to talk about this, so I'll put that in that document so people can see. Basically, that session is going to be a brainstorming in-reach session. So not much change from the last time. Just a little bit more concise and clear. So I'm not going to spend a lot of time on that because I will send that after I have a call with At-Large tomorrow.

Any questions before I go to the next stage?

No questions. Okay. The next session is focused on the coming year, the new EC, which is most of us: scheduled calls, monthly calls, and policy calls, including comments. Now, who's going to curate the public comments? I'm thinking it's a policy chair, but if I'm wrong, let me know. We want to get at least five new members, and one of the questions from the GSE is that five new members is a lot. Thank you, Caleb, for your support. I don't think it's a lot. I think we have to have a goal. At the end of the year – this is how you run organizations – you're supposed to have your priorities when you do your reports, and we've never had that. So I thought, "We've got to have some goal." Carlos and I are working on a strategic plan on solidifying how NPOC works and stuff like that. So that's also happening.

I do want to spend a little bit time on the website. I'll tell you the things that I have that I'd like to comment on for the website. I did look at it. On the first page, there is a section called Newcomers Corner. By the way, the website looks great. If, Caleb, you could change Newcomers and spell "corner" as C-O-R-N-E-R, because that's no spelled correctly ... I don't know if you can see it.

CALEB OGUNDELE: [inaudible]?

JOAN KERR: Sorry?

CALEB OGUNDELE: [inaudible]. I'll make the corrects right away.

JOAN KERR: Okay, great. If, Juan, after our meeting with the working group, we could agree on a draft schedule for the membership calls – that we put them under membership calls and schedule the dates ... Let me just see if I can get into the ... there we go. So Newcomers ... refreshing. The onboarding – I thought that it just links to a site, but I think that there should be a page that it links to that says, "Welcome to NPCO. Here's a beginner's guide," and some links to info such as the wiki, GNSO, and NCSG so they get a sense of how it works. So, for the onboarding link.

The focal point. My suggestion is that we have the word “priority areas” so that we’re using the same terminology as the charter. It says, “Policy webinars.” Part of the membership committee is that we’re going to have training and capacity building, including how to write policies. So I’m struggling on whether we should have the word “policy webinars” or just “membership calls,” because we know we have those scheduled at the moment. So to highlight the things we are actually doing with things to come. Does that make sense?

[JUAN MANUEL ROJAS]: Yeah. It’s okay.

UNIDENTIFIED MALE: Yeah.

JOAN KERR: All right. So those were my fast input onto the website. The website looks really great. It’s looking so fantastic. The other thing is I will look at the video and give you my feedback, the latest this time tomorrow. Okay?

CALEB OGUNDELE: Okay. So the Newcomers Corner I should rename Newcomers Section, right?

JOAN KERR: "Corner" is fine. It's just the word "corner" needs to be respelled. It's spelled correctly.

CALEB OGUNDELE: Let me just make it Newcomers Section. I will get that done. Onboarding should be linked to wiki pages. Any other stuff?

JOAN KERR: And the beginner's guide. When you have the link, because you can click on it, have something that has three things: "Welcome to NCOP," "Here's your" – we can work on it together if you want – "EC," and names or whatever. Link it to that page – the beginner's guide (the PDF) – so they can download and then links for you to the wiki page the GNSO and the NCSG.

CALEB OGUNDELE: Okay. [inaudible]. And I'll be glad if you can work with me on it. I'll reach out to you.

JOAN KERR: Okay. I will put that down: Caleb and Joan. Those are just the first ones that I see. Obviously it's ongoing. I just thought that those are quickly what could be fixed.

CALEB OGUNDELE: Okay.

JOAN KERR: All right, thank you. Back to the [plan], I will call Sam and tell him that I will file Revenue Canada's papers. He has to sign it and get that done. I think that's it if there are no other questions.

CALEB OGUNDELE: I actually do have a question, which I raised early on. Since this is Any Other Business, maybe I will raise it now. I have a concern. I checked the membership list because I need to understand the focus and how we recruit our members. It's more like there is a target but we should get more members to join us. Then I found out from the earlier membership list that we have Internet Society chapters being part of NPOC, just like the way we have it in ALAC: we have Internet Society members as ALSes.

Now, that being said, can we then say that we can reach out to other Internet Society chapters as a strategic plan, to see, "Hey, NPOC is here. you can be part of us on the one hand?"

I also need a clear definition on what exactly – I know that the not-for-profit still stands. A clear definition so there that won't be any ambiguity that any Internet-related organization that is .org that we then say "Please come and join NPOC" to – what are the reasons or what could be the likely possibility that they are being stepped down or they are requesting more information that won't get them approved? Because I think I introduced a couple of people, and some of them actually signed up right before me. I was surprised that, when we announced in the list of NPOC members, I actually didn't see them

listed. So it was discouraging. So with those efforts with talking to them, what was the outcome of it, although I'm aware that one specific person had a case of a request for more information. Outside that, I also feel we should be getting reports of this thing at the level of EC as well.

JOAN KERR:

Caleb, the definition of a member is written in the charter. It's very clear about who can be a member. So you can look that up yourself in the charter. If someone is not approved by NCSG, it's because they did not, one, answer the questions adequately, or there was a request for more information, or they were not a not-for-profit. So other than that. But in this case, it's not true. So there are many, many reasons why it wouldn't be there, but that's not a function of what the EC members from NPOC's role is. That's the responsibility of NCSG. So, if they ask for more information, they're in their right to do that. We have no say in that.

JUAN MANUEL ROJAS:

Sorry, I missed that part that you're talking about. I just, as I said, checked what are the applications that I have in there waiting. So I already did it. Yes, sometimes we check a request for information and maybe there is no more information. So we have to wait until the organization sends the information or updates the application form. That's one of the things.

I think that there is no ... I don't know.

JOAN KERR:

[No] information provided? That's why. That's how it's—

JUAN MANUEL ROJAS: Yeah. [inaudible] information. That's it.

JOAN KERR: Yeah. So it's very clear how they become a member. All the NCSG-EC members have to agree that the applicant has supplied the information. If they do not agree, then the organization is asked for more. Or, if it's disapproved, it's because they didn't fit the criteria. Am I right?

JUAN MANUEL ROJAS: Yeah.

CALEB OGUNDELE: Yeah. Thank you for that information. It's just my humble request that at least it will be nice if sometimes we can get a little bit of updates and say, "This organization requested, "I wanted to join under the NPOC umbrella but we're not approved for this reason and this reason."" If perhaps any of those within the follow-up with them before is aware of this, we can then reach out and say, "Hey, why are you not responding to this request?" or, "Why are you not doing this?" It's—

JOAN KERR: Yeah, but it becomes a functionality issue, Caleb. Maryam does that. When it's in the NCSG vein, it's the NCSG that's responsible for it. Yeah, sure, it's a good way to have a relationship, but it's a responsibility of the NCSG-EC to follow through. Maryam does that. if there is an issue

for NPOC, the applicant usually writes me. They're far and few between, usually to ask for help. But it's an NCSG function, not an NCOP function.

JUAN MANUEL ROJAS:

Yeah. Just to clarify one thing, it's important that you said that the people who are applying are registered as organization because we have two parts: for individuals and for organizations. So just check the organization and we will check in the organization part of the application form in the database to check if the organization is applying or not. That's it.

[inaudible] been part of NCUC and NPOC. It's part of the way that the organization is going. But inside the application it's just individual or it's organization. That's it.

JOAN KERR:

Yeah. So Maryam follows up with the request from NCSG-EC, and then, if the organization doesn't respond – correct me if I'm wrong, anyone – there is usually more than one follow-up to supply that. If the organization doesn't respond, then they're taken on the list. So that's how it works.

What you're asking for is information so that you can follow up because you recommended them, if I'm understanding it. So who's going to do that? I can't ask the EC members to do that because that's not our functionality.

Any other questions or suggestions before we go? Final comments?

No? We're good? Well, that was an hour and 40 minutes, but I think it was worth it. I think we got a lot done. It's such an exciting time for NPOC. I almost thought with a policy not happening, "Oh, my gosh. What are we going to do?" But I really have some hope that we're going to strengthen that. I think that with some success also comes a lot of what I call storms. So, as we pull through that, let's not lose our site of what we're trying to do and get bogged down with feedback and comments. Let's just look at them as issues we have to deal with and how do we deal with them. Let's do them as a team and not point fingers or blame. Let's just say, "Okay. If we need to do that, let's do it together," because we're in this together. I really have always believed that NPOC can be a phenomenal organization, and I still believe it. Hopefully this time next year I'll still believe it.

So that's all I have to say. I thank you all for your great work. Let's up it up and just make this even better than we ever envisioned. So there we are. Thank you.

[END OF TRANSCRIPTION]