

## AC Chat NCPH 7 January 2016

Michelle DeSmyter: Welcome all to the NCPH Intercessional Meeting on Thursday, 7th of January 2016 at 13:00 UTC.

Rafik: Hi

cheryl miller: Hi, thank you.

Rafik: the DCians wake up early ;)

Rudi Vansnick: best wishes to all of you

Rudi Vansnick: i will have to leave the call 20 minutes before the end of the hour

Robert Hoggarth: welocme everyone and Happy New Year! We'll get started in about a minute.

Marilyn Cade: and Marilyn Cade as observer from BC

Rudi Vansnick: i have some issues with travel !

Rudi Vansnick: all flights are out of policy !!

Rudi Vansnick: only one flight is accepted going through Moscow

Tony Holmes: ISPs have same issue

Marilyn Cade: I would like to hear about visa challenges, as that will affect the BC attendees, as well as many from other constituencies.

Tony Holmes: Some ISPs are becoming very frustrated and have considered pulling ot of the meeting

Benedetta Rossi: @Rudi and Tony: please flag any specific issues to me and I can follow up with Constituency Travel on your behalf if that helps.

Benedetta Rossi: @Marilyn, I'm not aware of any visa related issues at this stage

Rudi Vansnick: @Benedatta : i've transfered the problem to Maryam ... to avoid I have to handle all myself

Benedetta Rossi: thanks, Rudi. I know she's off today so please feel free to forward your concern to me so I can deal with it asap today with Joseph

Marilyn Cade: Can we invite the new Board members for at least a meet and greet type of engagement?

Philip Corwin: Perhaps we can meet the new CEO ;-)

Rafik: + Philip :)

Rudi Vansnick: + 1 Philip

Greg Shatan: Afternoon almost certainly.

cheryl miller: The BC is also thinking of a possible meeting Wednesday afternoon/evening, will let you know for sure, thanks.

Philip Corwin: We are thinking of an informal CSG dinner on Wednesday evening. Can we be apprised of nearby restaurants?

Tony Holmes: ISPs are now looking for an evening CSG session

Tony Holmes: Probably wont be meeting in the afternoon

Greg Shatan: @Phil, thankful it won't be formal. I hate packing a tux.

Philip Corwin: @Greg--it's California, where formal is a clean T-shirt

cheryl miller: :)

Greg Shatan: I'll press my jeans...

Marilyn Cade: sorry, were you suggesting that the group could meet the new /CEO

designee< or was I missing your comments

Greg Shatan: If it does, we should.

cheryl miller: Agreed

cheryl miller: If there are new staff it would be great to meet them as well even if briefly

Benedetta Rossi: Welcome, Tapani!

Rafik: cybersecurity?

Tapani Tarvainen: Hi all! Took me some effort to get through - connectivity really bad (in train)

Rudi Vansnick: perhaps we could have some discussion on the Panama meeting type B !

Rudi Vansnick: how to organise our meetings in that meeting concept ?

Philip Corwin: Good suggestion, Rudi. The 4-day meeting will be a challenge

Philip Corwin: challenge

Tony Holmes: would also support that discussion

Robert Hoggarth: Thanks for joining Tapani - train and all

Rafik: @Tony I thought we have that gnso group to work on meeting scheduling

Tony Holmes: We do but at the Constituency and SG level specific issues also arise

Rafik: so it is specific to each constituency and SG , so I am wondering what we want to discuss about

cheryl miller: I think that could be a good lunch conversation

Tony Holmes: @Rafik - how it will all fit together for starters

Rudi Vansnick: Robert : +1

cheryl miller: With respect to meeting goals, it may make sense to determine what the last intersessional's goals were, and assess whether we have met those goals.

Rudi Vansnick: good proposal Cheryl

cheryl miller: I can't remember if we had follow-up work or take aways from that meeting, but it could be good to check

Rafik: @cheryl we had :)

Rafik: like having a ncph session during icann meeting

Marilyn Cade: Could we pause perhaps and consider what the last report of our Intercessional called for?

Rudi Vansnick: i will have to run now another meeting waiting, good call thanks

Lori: so sorry about Rob's dog... :(

Robert Hoggarth: thank you Rudi ... and Lori

cheryl miller: I had a comment earlier in the chat, as did marilyn on follow up from last meeting

cheryl miller: or what the last report called for us to do, if anything

cheryl miller: Also, very sorry about your dog :(

Lori: I am willing to co-chair

Marilyn Cade: Let's not focus on personal issues. Really.

cheryl miller: Happy to help co-chair if you need someone

Greg Shatan: Marilyn, what are you thinking of as personal issues?

Rafik: we will voluntell people to be co-chairs

Greg Shatan: I will volunteer to co-chair the "third rail issues" session.

Lori: Rob- I have no preference on topic

Lori: Since Greg suggested tackling the 3rd rail issues, I think he would be a good co-chair

cheryl miller: I don't have a preference on topic, unless there is someone else who has specific expertise that could add value to a particular session

Greg Shatan: I have some experience in stepping on third rails....

cheryl miller: well sounds like you are the co-chair, then Greg :)

Robert Hoggarth: thank you all for the initial co-chair volunteering!

Tony Holmes: the third rail in the UK is the 'live' one - good luck!

Lori: I need to sign-off. Til Next time. Rob, I will get back to you about the IPC meeting and any open questions from our team.

cheryl miller: thank you all

Greg Shatan: Rob, IPC is meeting at 23:00 today.

Tony Holmes: thanks Rob and team

Tapani Tarvainen: Bye and thanks all

Adam Peake: Thanks Rob, all

Greg Shatan: It would be great to have 5.1 by then. :0