

---

ALBERTO SOTO:

Good morning, good afternoon, good evening, everyone. Today, this is not our usual meeting because we had a very sad piece of news last week. [inaudible] has passed away. He died. Then I learned that he died on his work day.

So as I said before, I was trying to contact his relatives and [inaudible] had strong commitments and strong convictions. That's why when he participated, he participated from [inaudible], with a very deep conviction. His legacy is this document that we have: Metrics, Operating Principles, and some other documents. Most of his suggestions have been taken into account. We know that he was quite stubborn, but that was because of his character, and that was because of the way he worked. All his contributions were really useful for the debate.

On many occasions, he put forth a different point of view, quite different indeed. Many of his points of view turned out to be really bright. He was really willing to work. He was highly active in different events, in the dinners that we had in Costa Rica. If I'm not wrong, I remember him sharing time with us with a beer in his hand.

So we would like to remember that. The Costa Rica meeting was also a very important point in time to remember him. I know that we will miss him really a lot.

So staff, you have the floor. Go ahead, please.

SILVIA VIVANCO:

Thank you very much, Alberto. I would like to express my condolences and my sorrow for this loss. On behalf of ICANN staff and on behalf of

---

*Note: The following is the output resulting from transcribing an audio file into a word/text document. Although the transcription is largely accurate, in some cases may be incomplete or inaccurate due to inaudible passages and grammatical corrections. It is posted as an aid to the original audio file, but should not be treated as an authoritative record.*

---

ICANN as an organization, we would like to show our respect, appreciation to [inaudible] for his active participation in LACRALO and in the multi-stakeholder model. He has been very important for this community.

So thank you very much for your words. Please, Terri, if you are kindly, please proceed with the roll call. Go ahead, please.

TERRI AGNEW:

Thank you very much. Good morning, good afternoon, and good evening. Welcome to the LACRALO Monthly Teleconference on Monday the 16<sup>th</sup> of November, 2015, at 23:00 UTC.

On the Spanish channel, we have Vanda Scartezini, Adrian Carballo, Antonio Medina Gomez, Ricardo Holmquist, Alberto Soto, Harold Arcos, Maritza Aguero, Carlos Raul, and Humberto Carrasco.

On the English channel, we have Alan Greenberg and Dev Anand Teelucksingh. We have apologies from Juan Manuel Rojas, Jacqueline Morris, Sergio Salinas Porto, and Natalia Enciso.

From staff, we have Heidi Ullrich, Silvia Vivanco, and myself, Terri Agnew. Our Spanish interpreters today are Veronica and Marina. Our Portuguese interpreters today are Bettina and Esperanza.

I would like to remind all participants to please state your name before speaking, not only for transcription purposes, but also for our Spanish and Portuguese interpreters.

Thank you very much, and I'll turn it back over to you, Alberto.

ALBERTO SOTO: Thank you very much. Now we will proceed with Item #3 on our agenda. Humberto, please go ahead with the approval of the agenda.

HUMBERTO CARRASCO: Thank you very much, Alberto. Now we will proceed with the approval of the agenda. We will discuss, as you can see, the New gTLD Program. You will be the one in charge of that item on the agenda. You have ten minutes for that.

Then we will deal with the status of the MOU with LACNIC. After that, we will be discussing some other topics related to the MOU with ICANN. You will be discussing that for two minutes. Then we have the document for review and update. We will do a review of that. I will be in charge of that item on the agenda.

Then we will speak about the report by Harold Arcos from Dublin.

Alberto, go ahead, please.

ALBERTO SOTO: Silvia's proposing an amendment, a modification, on Item #4. I would like to replace the New gTLD Program item. Instead of that, I would like to speak about or to give the floor to someone who is working on the working group [inaudible] so that we can have more precise information.

---

So I would say that, instead of talking about the New gTLD Program, we could speak about the FY2016 and the budget and operating trends. That would be the new topic.

I see that there are apologies sent by the two candidates that are working on this working group for November and December, two months. So I would like to discuss also that to see how we can proceed.

Humberto, please, go ahead.

HUMBERTO CARRASCO: I have taken note of your words, Alberto, so we will discuss that on Any Other Business. We will discuss then what we will do with that working group.

ALBERTO SOTO: Okay. That's great. Now let's go proceed to Item #5 on the agenda. This is the status of the MOU with LACNIC. This MOU had a closing date, and I will give a week or 15 days more, but no more than that. We have no more time. But I would like you to participate, so we will extend that period because I know there are many people participating on the IGF.

So we will devote more time to this because we need people to read this MOU. This was discussed with the LACNIC authorities. It is not approved yet, but we have been discussing and we have two contributions by the two LACRALO members on the Wiki page. So the idea will be to have more comments on our Wiki page. Let's take into account that we – 47 or 48 ALSs – and there are other new ALSs that are becoming part of LACRALO, but just the one of ISOC Dominican Republic – so we are reaching the final date, but it will be interesting to work on this MOU.

---

If there are no questions on this item on the agenda, I would like to proceed with the following item.

HUMBERTO CARRASCO: Alberto, sorry for interrupting you, but it's a question by Antonio Medina Gomez. He's asking who you contract in LACNIC.

ALBERTO SOTO: I talk to Alejandro Pisanty and with [inaudible]. Both of them agreed with this. But of course, we didn't want to proceed without having the opinion and consensus of the rest of LACRALO. That's why I am saying we'll have an extension of the period.

Any other questions?

HUMBERTO CARRASCO: But I would like to add that in the Dublin meeting, I had the opportunity to work with Alberto [inaudible], and he told me that they're really enthusiastic about the fact of having this MOU with LACNIC.

Alberto, I'm sorry for interrupting you again, but Alan Greenberg – hello? Can you hear me?

ALBERTO SOTO: Yes, go ahead, please.

HUMBERTO CARRASCO: Well, Alan Greenberg is asking why we are referring to FY16.

---

ALBERTO SOTO: Sorry, I made a mistake. We should be speaking about FY17. Once we discuss this topic, I will tell you why I would like to speak about this. Sorry for my mistake.

Okay, so let's continue with Item #6 if there are no further questions. This is the –

SILVIA VIVANCO: Sorry for interrupting you, Alberto. I see Fatima Cambronero with her hand up. Fatima, go ahead, please.

FATIMA CAMBRONERO: Hello. Can you hear me?

ALBERTO SOTO: Yes, go ahead, please.

FATIMA CAMBRONERO: Thank you very much. Sorry, I got lost. I was raising my hand to speak about the MOU with LACNIC and LACRALO. I don't know if we are dealing with another item on the agenda, or if I still can make my question.

ALBERTO SOTO: Okay. Go ahead, please.

---

FATIMA CAMBRONERO: My question is similar to Antonio's question. Because last week, on the IETF in Brazil, there was a meeting delayed about strengthening corporations in Latin America and the Caribbean. They were discussing about different initiatives, and one of the topics was this MOU. What they said privately is that perhaps there is no MOU being negotiated. In fact, LACNIC is waiting to have the proposal on our part.

So I would like to know if that is the case, and what is the real status of this negotiation, if it is the case that we have a negotiation? I would like to really understand the stage in which we are. Thank you, Alberto.

ALBERTO SOTO: Thank you, Fatima, for your question. Alejandro Pisanty is on the list, so I would like to give the floor to him so that he can tell us about that. Alejandro, can you take the floor please?

Alejandro, are you on the call?

Well, I see Alejandro is not connected – okay, Alejandro, I hear you. Go ahead, please.

ALEJANDRO PISANTY: Sorry for not raising my hand. If you are requesting my [inaudible] I would like to say that the LACRALO Working Group was working with [inaudible] in LACNIC to reach the status that we have right now. We're now discussing or negotiating the final steps.

---

ALBERTO SOTO: Thank you very much, Alejandro. So as I said before, we discussed with folks with the [inaudible] and with our former Chair, and Humberto also, talking to Mr. Robles.

HUMBERTO CARRASCO: Sorry for interrupting you. I would like to say that I had some conversations with Oscar Robles, but informally. He's waiting for this document that Alejandro was talking about to be discussed in LACRALO. Once we have our comments ready to be sent to them, they will be able to continue with the discussion.

ALBERTO SOTO: Thank you very much, Humberto, for your comment. So we can say that we had an informal meeting. They know about this, and now we have to reach consensus now or within 15 days, if there is no other solution, so that we can approve this document. And I believe there will be no problem because they have a general knowledge about the document.

Is there any other questions? So if not, let's continue with Item #6. I have already posted this information on the Wiki. Tomorrow, I will be sending all the reminders. This is a review, but it will not take longer. But taking into account that we have a transition in the middle and the by-laws are being modified within ICANN, and there are many other issues being dealt with, I believe that we can discuss this slowly, perhaps, if you will, after Marrakech.

Is there any question or any comment about this? I see no one, so if not, if there are no further questions, let's continue with Item #7 on the agenda.



HUMBERTO CARRASCO: Thank you very much, Alberto. I just want to point out that, as you know, we had a quite turbulent period or stage with all the voting because this voting has been effective. That's why we would like to move forward with those that are still pending. When we speak about the counterproposal vote, that is the proposal made by [inaudible]. In terms of Alejandro's proposal, this has to do with topics to be dealt with in the meeting. So that was a pending issue.

In the following days, we will be carrying out with voting on the counterproposal. Then we have the final draft, as well, for the procedures for the draft team [inaudible] on publication of statements of interest.

Of course, we would like to mention here once again the contributions of [inaudible] and Dev Anand. They will be also submitted to voting. When it comes to the recruiting program or the proposals for [inaudible] to do that, we still need some stages before ending this document and before putting these for voting. So we will try to move forward orderly so that we can keep on working.

This is in general terms, and I would like to give to the floor to any participant who would like to make any question or any suggestions.

TERRI AGNEW: This is Terri. One moment and we'll get some [inaudible] the English interpreters back on. It'll be one moment, please.

---

ALBERTO SOTO: Harold, if you're ready.

SILVIA VIVANCO: If you can give me a couple of minutes, we're going to check on what is going on, to see what is happening. I need a couple of minutes. Just a second.

ALBERTO SOTO: The proposal is ready. It's on the Wiki. It was informally presented to Oscar Robles, but now what we have to do is we have to get the engagement by LACRALO, and the idea is that they modify whatever they want to modify. Then this has to be officially given or proposed to them.

ALEJANDRO PISANTY: Antonio is also a member of the working group, and he's informed about this. So what we need is a schedule to deal with these so that we can make sense and make contributions. Otherwise, this will have no substance. So that LACNIC can understand all these documents, and the substance of the document, and what it means to us. Thank you.

ALBERTO SOTO: [inaudible] to the deadline, which was next Friday. Any other questions? There is no hand raised.

HUMBERTO CARRASCO: No one has any raised hand, Alberto.

ALBERTO SOTO: [inaudible] is asking if anyone was aware of this working group. The answer is yes, that everybody is aware. We have reported it by e-mail on several occasions. We have mentioned about it in other meetings. So, yes, they were very much aware.

HUMBERTO CARRASCO: Indeed. We have also discussed this topic in the monthly call. I need to look for it in the records of the monthly calls. We mentioned this working group because we have indeed discussed it.

ALBERTO SOTO: The next item is Item 8. I'm going to ask [inaudible] so that [inaudible] Harold is going to talk about Dublin, and I'd like the attendees – I thought Harold was in the IGF. So I'm going to ask: if anyone of those who were at Brazil is able to make a summary after Harold's presentation. I hope to see volunteers.

Harold, you have the floor.

Harold? Can you hear me? This is Alberto Soto. Well, apparently, Harold is not connected, so that we can –

HAROLD ARCOS: Can you hear me now?

ALBERTO SOTO: Yes, we can hear you. Harold, can you hear me? Can you hear me? Great.

HAROLD ARCOS: Good evening, everybody, to my colleagues of the region. Basically, let me refer to the agenda to the various opportunities. I see I have an item at the end. It would be extremely good if all of us together can discuss

---

because obviously there are many aspects, many topics, not only the IGF, but others as well. Many of those connected to this call have first-hand information. That's my first impression.

So, initially, talk about what we have discussed, what we have said in our mailing list on the completion of the term of Fatima and the challenge to continue with her work and with the proposal that has been worked upon after Dublin. I wanted to say in particular the need for all of us as a RALO to work actively as members of the working group to become members, not only as observer members, but also to bring the users' vision from the region within the various RALOs' vision in ALAC, for that is the experience I wanted to convey to you.

There are many topics on the table, many issues. I'd like to hear Leon, who is very much involved. Also, the account is another topic. I understand the different perspectives, such as the resolution we have come to as a community, the approval or rejection of the budget, the rejection of the management board. These have to be adopted according to the Californian law that could be worked through external [inaudible] external to ICANN. There is discussion between the council and the stakeholders on the mechanism has been decided was the issue of the account review that was sent in for the IGF. We're going to expand it with the colleagues who have attended the IGF that were here [inaudible]. And then the fact that, taken into account the issues [inaudible] the mailing list.

After Dublin, we had this challenge to start distributing ourselves to increase active participation in our RALO in the various working groups because it is extremely difficult to be in all groups at the same time. So

---

that is the key: to become actively involved and report in our monthly calls to the RALO, which is extremely relevant.

The motion made by our colleague, Alejandro, to take the opportunity of this call to become up to date in this discussion, should have been more effective and efficient because we're all involved in this process.

Well, there are many more topics to discuss, and not only this. Also, the membership model with the prerogatives of the members, for instance the organization and the account. These are defined by the law of California.

We talked about the Designator Model with the various powers of the management.

This is what is going to allow for a better defense of the interests of the stakeholders. I think Alan can also, our Chair in ALAC, could give us more information about this model of the single designator or co-designator. Perhaps it would be good if you can make a contribution here so as not to extend too much. I want it to be brief. I wanted to make a personal summary of this. It will be posted in ICANN's Wiki and in the work spaces of our dashboard to make it useful and add this perspective, which, in my opinion, is very important.

And as some of our colleagues have said, we could perhaps develop a [inaudible] that could be used as a source of information. So I wouldn't take more of your time and give a chance to other colleagues to give further details. I will submit a list in writing of all these items.

---

So I give back the floor to you, Humberto. I'm very happy to see if any other of the colleagues in the list is able to make an additional contribution.

ALBERTO SOTO:

Thank you, Harold. We're going to wait for your report. You've made many suggestions. I think the suggestions will be considered for the next meeting.

The next topic of interest will precisely be the transition, if nobody objects and nobody makes any additional suggestion. In our next call, significant progress will have been made in several of our discussions. So you will see significant progress in next month's record.

I see a hand raised. Vanda?

VANDA SCARTEZINI:

If I may, I would like to say that I've sent mail for the soon-to-be [vote] on the changes on the WHOIS.

From other regions, there is a rapporteur available, very, very interesting. There are detailed studies on the registration directory services, which are the services on the situation of the WHOIS. So there is an inclusive analysis of these economics.

So I'll make a suggestion for everybody to read this study. Final comment: it is at least something to understand what is being proposed here, which is very, very clear. The translation of my e-mail, because I think I've written it in English – I don't know, but the [inaudible] from

---

one language to the other, it was completely turned around. Actually, when I say it is clear, the translation eventually was that it is not.

So anyhow, it is clear. It can be understood, because in the future, the synchronized [inaudible] will be adopted, so it will be very important that everybody considers this very clear. So this report is very, very [inaudible].

In addition, I want to thank [inaudible] for his work because he was the only one from our region who was working for, I don't know, 15 or 16 months.

ALBERTO SOTO:

Thank you, Vanda. In the mail call today, there's Vanda's mail and the link. I think we should also thank Holly Raiche, who has also been involved in this work.

Fatima?

FATIMA CAMBRONERO:

Hi, Alberto, and thank you. I was on mute and I couldn't unmute it. Going back to the agenda of the IGF, I will say a few things. I'm not going to talk about ICANN because I was not involved in that meeting in ICANN's meeting.

In relation to my participation, I wanted to say a few things. In one of the guidance decisions – there was only one this year that was held on day zero in the morning – I was responsible for the [inaudible]. It is uploaded in the YouTube channel for the Internet Governance Forum.

---

For those of you who could not see it, it's a session for newcomers with very basic explanations that probably will be useful for some. [inaudible]

There was a program for the youth. Participants from Brazil and the Latin American region were taken there to visit in IGF for the first time. They had a pretty active involvement. It was a program developed by ISOC and CGI Brazil. These young people are addressing the issues of Internet governance. Some of them were also interested particularly in LACRALO because they are from our region, and I wish to see them in the future involved in activities.

I also wanted to say that these sessions with the highest number of participants were those related to security in the IGFs, and also with zero rating and net neutrality. Very interesting discussions [inaudible] for those who could not see it. They're also in the YouTube channel of the Internet Governance Forum. They were very interesting. In fact, [inaudible] the comments from the community. I'm not so sure about those by the panelists. The comments were much of the same in many cases, but the community remarks were very interesting contributions.

I also wanted to make a very short remark on an e-mail sent to LACRALO's list on an incident in the opening ceremony of the IGF, when some activists from Brazil apparently raised some signs in the main session room where the opening ceremony was held, so the broadcasting was discontinued. These persons were vacated from the room, and the credentials were removed from them – the badges – so that they could not come back.

There was a lot of information in the news about this. There was a flag raised denouncing the attack against the freedom of expression.



---

Let me make a comment here. To be a participant of the IGF, there are rules of participation. I'm going to share these rules with you on the chat. For instance, one of them is that, in the area where these sessions are being held, it is not allowed to distribute pamphlets or brochures of various workshops people are organizing. No signs or pamphlets can be shown. The security rules are very stringent in terms of the behavior to be shown.

But in this case, this attitude of showing the signs in a session of the IGF was a violation of the rules, and these rules are posted on the website of the IGF for everybody to be aware of. Probably those people did not know the rules, or perhaps they had other reasons, other motives, but it is relevant that no distorted message is conveyed. The rules were violated, and they were vacated from the room. There is no violation of freedom of expression in this so-called villa of the IGF [inaudible] participating organizations are placed. There, all sorts of announcements and signs can be displayed, but not in the area where the sessions are held.

I just wanted to make this clarification, this brief comment. Well, on my side I think [inaudible], and I recommend it to watch the videos, those who were not able to participate in some of the sessions, but the most interesting was in forum.

ALBERTO SOTO:

Thank you very much, Fatima. Leon, go ahead, please.

---

LEON SANCHEZ:

Thank you, Alberto. I would like to add some comments to what Fatima was saying before she did a great summary. The IGF session was attended by the ISOC. It was [inaudible] and we [inaudible]. There is a trend by some governments, if you will, to think about [inaudible] and not so much about multi-stakeholderism or the multi-stakeholder model.

I believe there might be certain countries that would like to take these Internet governance forums to a more governmental area or environment. I believe that, when it comes to the renewal of the mandate for the IGF, that is something standing to be solved by the U.N. General Assembly in December. If the mandate is being renewed, the IGF will be held in Mexico next time.

The venue has not been decided upon yet. I do understand there might be three possible venues within Mexico. But I don't think it would be okay right now to speak about those venues because I don't want to create [inaudible] expectations or provide false information.

I had the opportunity to participate from the very beginning from a [inaudible] in an ICANN session or a session organized by ICANN. In that session, they spoke about accountability, and I made a summary of our work.

Of course, I took some questions from the audience. There was a question by one of the participants. The question had to do about the different groups working on the transition. Those groups working on the transition had been dealing or related to one of the principles of the NETmundial declaration was related to Internet governance.

---

So the Internet Society Research Center from India, from where these [inaudible] belong to, was asking about this. They said that participation was quite right in regions such as Europe and the U.S. The participation or engagement tend to be really low in regions such as Africa or Latin America.

So the answer to that question or to that comment is that the method [inaudible] is perfectible. We can improve that. And we are doing our best to improve participation. Of course, we cannot oblige people to participate if they are not willing to. But we're doing our best. We're making the most to find all the tools and means to make people participate in order to have open meetings, diverse meetings, so that we can have [inaudible] transcriptions of the meetings. We have to keep on working on that.

We also had a session related to the IANA transition. The number community seems to be ready to carry out the transition. The same applies for the technical community. There is an important difference in this regard when it comes to the mission of ICANN. In fact, I wouldn't say "the mission of ICANN" because that is quite clear, but we're talking about certain proposals on the accountability working group. These proposals have to do with clarifying the performance ICANN functions.

The technical community has been quite clear. Today, the functions out there being discussed in the ICANN documents are not exactly the same as the ones that are being performed, so they are suggesting to have an amendment in the by-laws. Perhaps there would be a kind of wording or drafting so that the text can reflect what ICANN is really doing. This applies to numbers as well as protocols.

---

So this is an ongoing discussion. I will post on the chat an update on the work made by the CCWG from Dublin onward. There you will see a summary of about 40 pages, and you can see that the most important items or topics of the report will be published on November 30<sup>th</sup>. Comments can be made so that the organizations that are the creators [inaudible] the organizations that are involved in this group and take into account the modified or improve the proposal.

So I propose to have a session within LACRALO so that we can analyze item by item or point by point and see the whole proposal by the CCWG so that we can have our opinions and the LACRALO representatives' opinions and so that we can see and promote the participation of other members.

So, Alberto, of course I volunteer to provide an update on the changes made by the CCWG so that we can be on the same page. Of course, I'm open to receive any questions. Thank you, Alberto.

ALBERTO SOTO:

Thank you very much, Leon. I think that we will discuss among ourselves the best time and opportunity. Perhaps it might be before our next monthly call. Perhaps we can have a meeting before that monthly call. But who will coordinate it? Thank you very much. Excellent report.

Fatima, would you like to take the floor?

FATIMA CAMBRONERO:

Alberto, thank you. Sorry, but I forgot to mention something that came to my mind while I was hearing Leon. This has to do with the renewal of

---

the IGF mandate that will be decided upon by the U.N. General Assembly next December. This [inaudible], whose function is to provide advice to the U.N. Secretary General. Well, these members will have to keep their role until the mandate is decided.

So by now, there is a call for new members for the [inaudible]. The terms of these members is three years. Once these Internet governance forums were over, they're asking to keep these roles until the decision is made about the renewal, until a new call for candidates is opened to cover the positions that are now vacant.

So I would like you to take this into account because we're aware of this and we're waiting for the mandate to be renewed. If you're interested in applying, you can do that. You can apply, and you can be nominated by your own stakeholder. Each stakeholder has its own decision-making committee, its own processes, until we have the decision by the U.N. Secretary General.

So that was what I wanted to mention. Thank you.

ALBERTO SOTO:

Thank you very much, Fatima, for your comment. Alejandro, I see your hand up. Alejandro, please go ahead. There seems to be some issue with this Adobe Connect interface. Alejandro, go ahead, please.

ALEJANDRO PISANTY:

For all the participants on this call, can you hear me better?

---

UNIDENTIFIED MALE: Yes, much better.

ALEJANDRO PISANTY: Okay. For all of you who have participated in this event, I would like to say that I had the opportunity to participate in the [inaudible] multi-stakeholder meeting at the U.N. in New York before the U.N. General Assembly. The documents are available and I will be sending that information to the list so that you can see what is being proposed as a solution or resolution in the General Assembly.

I believe that you would have to take this into account when you read the document because there are some intergovernmental solutions being proposed in detriment to the Internet governance. This also affects cybersecurity issues. So these [inaudible], and I believe this is based upon a lack of understanding on the real Internet governance nature.

So a better understanding is provided when there are really deep and thorough debates, such as the ones that are being held on the CCWG. So I would like to mention this so we can present a more comprehensive and clear proposal and position to the community. But I believe it is really important to take this into account, to attend the IGF, and the ICANN-related meeting.

But we have to know that the most important stakeholders are outside those meetings because they speak about the recent attacks to [inaudible]. So I believe that we have to take all this into account, and we should be representing a model and example of how things are

---

being properly carried out. So we have to keep on working in order to succeed in this.

ALBERTO SOTO: Thank you very much, Alejandro. I fully agree with you. If you remember – and Alejandro, you will – we also mentioned technical topics because I am of a technical nature. But in this case, ICANN should say what ICANN does, but ICANN does not say what it does not do. So perhaps we have to speak about the [inaudible] on the measures that we have to take into account cyberbullying, computer crimes or cybercrimes.

So I think we have to deal with this topic, and we should do it before our next monthly call [inaudible]. We can coordinate. We can arrange for that.

Harold, go ahead, please. Please be brief.

Harold, you have the floor. Go ahead, please.

HAROLD ARCOS: Hello? Can you hear me?

ALBERTO SOTO: Yes. Go ahead, please. Please be brief.

HAROLD ARCOS: Okay. I would like to add three comments. First of all, when it comes to the proposal and the topic we have been mentioning, when it comes to

---

what Leon was saying, what we can do, I believe, is to have a webinar, and we can invite people from ALSs from our RALO.

On the other hand, I remember that when [inaudible] became a member in Dublin, we talked about fellowships. Our outgoing ALAC member, Fatima, was also mentioning that. Rodrigo De La Parra, our Vice-President of the region, told me that there is a constituency within ICANN looking for alternatives. So perhaps we can have a reference or an alternative to have a reference because the worldwide bank has a list, and this list is affecting our ALSs. It's affecting Argentina, and it's affecting some participants who would like to participate. Perhaps it is difficult for them to approach the engagement structure.

So I would like to update that information, which has to do with the third comment. And I believe we have to wait – I'm not authorized to provide further information – but we will have to wait until mid-December so that we can have a light at the end of the tunnel. We can have some points of view from our countries and the fellowship.

So, so far, this is all I have to say. Thank you for that.

ALBERTO SOTO:

Thank you very much, Harold, for your comments. If there are no further questions, let's continue with the next item on the agenda. Humberto, we have two further items. One is the [inaudible] – I'm sorry. I made a mistake. I was talking about FY16, but we should speak about FY17 indeed.

As a RALO, we have two months and a half, which means until the end of January, to provide proposals for the projects that we need and for



---

our projects to be taken into account in ICANN's budget and operating plan.

So let's take into account that we have to feed the calendar of events. We have a Cost RALO calendar, which is also being used, to make the most of the trips, and to make the most of the opportunities that we have through the CROPP program and ICANN.

I ask for the CROPP program to be more flexible because we have really important events – for example, in Europe – where we have the dates well in advance. In developing countries, our events are closer in time, so with the eight weeks that we have in the CROPP program, well, this is not enough time for us and for our representatives to attend those events.

So, please, let's inform. Let's talk about the event. I know there are some ALSs, and Alyne provided some events which were not approved of last year. So next time, we'll speak about the meeting in Panama.

Okay. Is there any questions? I see Harold with your hand up. Would you like to make a comment? Nobody? Okay.

The next item. I can see now that both representatives, Jacqueline Morris, and Juan Manuel, have apologized, one for November, and the other one for November and December. They are members of the the very important working group, and they are the only two with voting rights. If there is anything put to the vote, LACRALO would have no representative.

I have checked. I think Jacqueline Morris has attended only one meeting, and Juan Manuel attended two. I think this is something we

---

should consider. Otherwise, we would be out of representatives. I'm going to check this with the staff, and I'm going to make a relevant proposal [inaudible].

Humberto? Any other questions?

HUMBERTO CARRASCO: Alberto, I want to make a brief report on the conflict we are undergoing in LACRALO. We've been working in Dublin with the staff. The truth is that we're working on a proposal. As soon as we have further news to disclose, we will share it with the rest of the community for the purposes of openness and transparency. This is what I wanted to say.

ALBERTO SOTO: I was going to say precisely that this was one of Alejandro Pisanty's concerns, which is speaking to those recent problems, but also problems of the past, and also issues with participation. So as soon as we have an answer from the GSE and the ALAC staff, we're going to share it with you.

Any other questions or comments? If there is no other business – no hands raised – we will therefore close the call for today. Thank you all for your attention. I want to thank the staff and the interpreters for the good service they always provide.

Thank you and good evening to you all.

---

TERRY AGNEW:                      Once again, the meeting has been adjourned. Thank you very much for joining. Please remember to disconnect all remaining lines, and have a wonderful rest of your day.

**[END OF TRANSCRIPT]**