

September 2015

TERRI AGNEW: Begin at this time. Good morning, good afternoon, and good evening. Welcome to the At-Large Ad-Hoc New Meeting Strategy Working Party for the Sub Group on LAC Meeting B taking place on Monday, the 28th of September, 2015, at 15:00 UTC. On the call today we have Vanda Scartezini, Sebastien Bachollet, and Dev Anand Teelucksingh. Currently at this time, we have no listed apologies.

From staff, we have Heidi Ullrich and myself, Terri Agnew. I would like to remind all participants to please state your name before speaking for transcription purposes. Thank you very much and back over to you, Vanda.

VANDA SCARTEZINI: Okay. Thank you. Thank you, Terri. I saw Sebastien, you want to speak again. Please, the floor is yours. No? Okay.

So my idea today is just listen from you this second proposal that I sent to the week and to see what you think about if you believe there is something that we should change or listen to your thoughts and what we can improve from model. It's starting with the idea that the first day should be the only one when you're going to have really outreach.

In the morning, as I learned, it was full dedicated to general outreach meetings inside the venue for all ACs and SOs. So what we have is just the afternoon and the afternoon can be extended a little bit. Depends on the place we go. But normally can be until 18:30 or 19:00 or something like that.

Note: The following is the output resulting from transcribing an audio file into a word/text document. Although the transcription is largely accurate, in some cases may be incomplete or inaccurate due to inaudible passages and grammatical corrections. It is posted as an aid to the original audio file, but should not be treated as an authoritative record.

September 2015

My suggestions on that was in that in the screen, so we have Sebastien hands up. Sebastien, the floor is yours.

SEBASTIEN BACHOLLET:

Yes. Thank you, Vanda. Sorry, I was muted. That's why you didn't hear me last time. Yeah. Thank you for your proposal and I have few remarks or questions. The first one is that we are trying to put a lot of things in four days, and I guess we need to abide some of the usual things we are doing.

And for example, this is the last, the first – sorry. The first day it's for outreach, the second and third day it's for working within each organization, and the last day it's to work cross-community with the other organizations. And it's from my point of view a little bit difficult to have all the afternoon just for ALAC. I know that ALAC is willing to average the debrief and so on and so forth, and towards the leadership working because it will not be able to be done the next day.

But I reason that we may really leave that open for work with the other part of the organization. It's not [inaudible] four days meeting will be a fail. We really need to, our first proposal with [inaudible] morning and beginning of afternoon inside work and the late afternoon with the stakeholder community, cross-community work, it was not ultimate decision and really let's try maybe if we want to have an At-Large ALT meeting, it must be very short and thus to take stock and nothing else.

But just keep this day as a meeting for with others. Thank you.

September 2015

VANDA SCARTEZINI: Okay. Let's listen to Dev. Thank you, Sebastien. We go back to you, Dev.

DEV ANAND TEELUCKSINGH: Thanks. I just want to see, okay, in general I could agree with it. Except for the part about 16:30 to 18:30, the outreach to university, which may be outside. I think the challenge is, is that how do you get people to leave, be able to leave, from that meeting to go to a university? And then be able to have that conversation. Wouldn't it be better to try to get the university people in the venue?

Because I'm just thinking that the feasibility of that happening is very low depending on lots of things. Where the university is in relation to the venue, it may be more than half an hour to get there, traffic I imagine, given it takes a long time.

VANDA SCARTEZINI: [inaudible] yeah. I believe that's – I thought maybe outside. Because some organizations may ask us to talk to everybody over there and we try to. Yeah, the general idea is to convince people to come to introduce themselves and come to the venue. Maybe we can get it, maybe not, so the general idea is to invite them and have them with us inside the meeting. But maybe some countries, some places, I don't know, it depends on the culture, depends on the region, we need to think and open mind on that.

Not to close, if it's not there, if it's not in the venue, we don't have to go there. Something like that. It's just maybe outside, not formally, but if

September 2015

it's small countries like Panama, for instance, the University of Panama is probably very close to the big town inside where the most of the hotels are, and certainly where we go.

So when we can talk with them before that and decide if it's inside or outside, but the most the idea is to reach most of the people we can. If it's more for that, we need to go close to the venue, to reach all the classes or a bigger auditorium or something like that it should be done. That's the only deposition. But go ahead, Dev.

DEV ANAND TEELUCKSINGH: Okay. Thanks. And I also kind of wonder whether if we really need to really, I don't know what's the proper word, stratify the different groups so, for example, I see you have something like one panel for the persons that attended the morning session and then a panel session dedicated for NGO communities, and then a second and a third one dedicated for university academia.

So, I mean, is it really worthwhile to have those type of three different things? I mean, wouldn't it be better to just simply consolidate the NGO and the university students into one? Because otherwise, we will be really repeating ourselves, I'm just thinking. So that's just my [inaudible].

VANDA SCARTEZINI: Yeah, probably yes. The university I do believe it is more general focus on that because the people inside the university may be tech people,

September 2015

may be businesspeople related to, or students that wants to go to the business area. So there is NGO we should focus on their needs. But I don't know if it's better to have a large section to everybody that has anything to do with the users, maybe from after the last time for 13:00, from 13:00 to 4:00 PM or something like that.

The whole section for everything that is related to ALAC, NGO, and even to the university to talk about ALAC but with an open mind to enlarge the view for the other group. But I don't know. I don't know what the other group is going to do. If it was for me, I do believe that the, for instance, GNSO from the university's people that have been in the morning part, certainly will join in SO.

If you go outside, we need to talk more openly about not only ALAC but all the other sessions. It depends on the way we should talk, but I do agree that we could have one large section for NGOs and ALAC, but I also think that other NGOs may want to join the [cook], for instance, and wants to have a chance also to talk with ALAC. And if you have just one session, we probably will lose them or maybe have the same conflicted agenda with the nonprofit organizations in the GNSO side, that is nonbusiness side.

So that was my talk.

DEV ANAND TEELUCKSINGH: Just a quick follow-up question. I saw [inaudible] posted a link there to the GNSO, which talks about having several sessions, concurrent sessions possibly. Has any other group, so ACs or SOs, going to meet on

September 2015

Monday? Has the GAC confirmed anything? [inaudible] could answer that.

HEIDI ULLRICH: Dev, only the SSAC has submitted it. And Terri, if you could find that page that [inaudible] posted, has all of the groups that have submitted today, if you could post that in the AC, please.

TERRI AGNEW: Yes.

VANDA SCARTEZINI: Heidi, I could not hear you very well.

HEIDI ULLRICH: Okay. Sorry. I'm rushing. So the SSAC has presented their schedule for meeting B, and Terri is going to be posting, this is a page that has the GNSO and the SSAC schedules so you can take a look at that. Also, on Thursday in Dublin, there will be a meeting organized by the meeting staff that they're going to be inviting all of the groups that are people from the groups that are working on the schedule to meet on Thursday morning to look at everyone's schedule so they can start [turning] things around.

VANDA SCARTEZINI: Yeah, Tuesday morning.

September 2015

HEIDI ULLRICH: Thursday morning.

VANDA SCARTEZINI: Thursday. Okay. Thursday morning. So if it was like that, I do believe that this kind of outreach area we need to see what the authors are proposing to really have a chance to divide better our sides. But considering the point that Sebastien has raised, I do believe that we could, because it's more conceptual, if you're going to continue to do all the things we normally do during the meeting for ALAC, or if we will divide and reduce time to allow more time and adjust time for the cross-community meetings.

That is more conceptual and we can decide independently of the others, so if you agree, let's think about the day two, day three, and day four because they depend only on us mostly and the main issue is Sebastien's proposal. If we will propose to continue to do the same [scheduling] that we normally do during regular meetings, or we're going to have cut some of our regular meeting and then allow more time for cross-community. What do you think?

DEV ANAND TEELUCKSINGH: Can I have a link to the original [inaudible] proposal? I mean, I know there was an e-mail, but I'm not seeing it linked in the agenda page.

September 2015

VANDA SCARTEZINI: Yeah.

TERRI AGNEW: Dev, I'll get that to you. One moment.

DEV ANAND TEELUCKSINGH: Thanks. Vanda, to respond, I think unfortunately we're going to have to do both. It's both to do our work because I imagine the IANA Stewardship Transition Discussions will be held heading to a final phase, and depending on whether there are issues to be discussed, I imagine that's going to be a very key topic at that meeting B meeting in June, around that time.

At the same time, we're going to have to see where – that you're going to have to have the cross-community discussions, just like any other ICANN face-to-face meeting because this is the only opportunity we do have that chance to meet people from the GSCs, SSAC, etc. So we can't do either or. It has to be both.

VANDA SCARTEZINI: Yeah. For this, we need to reduce some time because we normally have more time for the meetings. Even the leadership meeting, that is normally on Friday. This time it needs to fit on that. And mostly, we're going to have a showcase anyway, so we need to have this part, and working group meetings, there is something that for my point of view is a little complex because maybe working group meeting should be divide

September 2015

and so normally we have time to discuss what those groups have done during the planarian time.

So if we could time from the ALAC work, for instance, more dedicated in the day two and day three, we probably do not have much time for review working group meetings. So what Sebastien, how you start with the suggestion? What do you think?

SEBASTIEN BACHOLLET:

The idea of this [outreach] four-day meeting was really to try to avoid to have everything too generic and to try to find how we have face-to-face meeting. For example, if they submit whatever topic about, I don't know, we will be at the end of the process. For example, let's take the question of the Work Stream 2 of the Accountability. This discussion must go on level outreach out of [inaudible] on Tuesday, we have two-hour meeting on the subject for ALAC.

And on the day four, we have one of our two-hour meeting with all the SOs and ACs engaging this, and we will be able to share. That was done at the ALAC At-Large level and they will be able to share what they have done at their level then. And then we can exchange at the global level. And that's the type of thing we really think we need to do. And we have to list when there's a topic that we want to work on. It's much more level of working group I would say than at the global [inaudible].

Of course, that's my [inaudible] at the end of each day [inaudible]. We have to wrap up to say what we have done, what we have discussed,

September 2015

and share that with the [inaudible] member. Participation of the participant from At-Large could be a good idea.

And then, like that we know what we would like, what we will be able to share with the other [inaudible].

BERAN GILLEN: Hello.

VANDA SCARTEZINI: Yes.

BERAN GILLEN: Sorry, Sebastien. I can't hear a thing you're saying. Could you speak up just a little bit? I have all my volume and I can't hear anything at all. I don't know if it's just me.

SEBASTIEN BACHOLLET: [inaudible], Beran. No, it's not just you, it's because I am in a place where I can't scream [inaudible] but that's okay. It's better now?

BERAN GILLEN: Yes, much better. Thank you.

September 2015

SEBASTIEN BACHOLLET: Yeah, sorry for that. Yeah. And to summarize, we on the day two and three, the idea of having working groups from At-Large working on one topic, for example, is the Work Stream 2 and Accountability. And the fourth day, we'll have the submitting with all the structure and we will be able to share whether our wish finding comments on the specific work.

That was the idea of this three-day real meeting, this four-day meeting. And we really need to invent new way of doing. I would like to come back to the outreach. Maybe one of the idea is to have a subgroup meeting, but not just ALAC. For example, for NGO, we can't show the organization just as a competing one, and we will not have an NGO meeting with ALAC, NGO meeting with NPOC, NGO meeting as you see in others. Then we need to target the audience and the one from the committee who want to talk with them need to be able to talk with them.

And it will not be everybody and in the specific country, for example, I would like very much to see that part of the meeting be done in the local language. Here in Spanish for one part, yes, of course, there are people who member of At-Large who will not be able to understand and participate. I'm not sure we need interpretation. We need to have another parallel meeting in English, for example, and the same in francophone Africa if we go there.

That's something we need to invent new way and maybe it will be subgroups, sub team who will meet with subgroup of people to be able to engage more than just to be in the classroom type of meetings. I

September 2015

don't know it answers your question, but that's what some of the ideas of working group when we end up with this proposal of this smaller, not smaller in participation, but smaller in infrastructure meeting. Thank you.

VANDA SCARTEZINI: Yeah. Probably will be good because I don't know how many rooms we're going to have in this time. One question, Heid, just for clarification. Will GAC participate on this meeting B? Heid?

SEBASTIEN BACHOLLET: If I can answer, everybody is supposed to participate. The difference is that we will not have opening ceremony. We will not have public forums. Big rooms will not be needed. It's not to say that we will not have the same amount of small room, but big issue of having two ballrooms, one for one purpose and the other. It's out. That's the main point. Thank you.

VANDA SCARTEZINI: Okay. Just for clarification. Dev, please.

DEV ANAND TEELUCKSINGH: Okay. Just to respond. Are you hearing me?

VANDA SCARTEZINI: Yes, very well.

September 2015

DEV ANAND TEELUCKSINGH: Yeah, okay. Good. What Sebastien suggests in terms of having specific, I suppose, rooms dedicated, but specific stakeholders, and then having joint sessions with those groupings. So for example, all right, NGOs is identified as one particular group that you want to do outreach to, and then we can have a joint session where we have ALAC, NPOC for example, do a joint session to talk to them, but end up having multiple sessions. That could work.

The problem I see it is that it come back down to the rooms of the venue, whether there will be enough to have that type of simultaneous groupings, like one for NGOs, one for academia. And I guess that's probably a good thing, but we probably do need to identify which groups do we really want to talk to, and start with that list. Or for the Monday sessions, and then that could probably guide the schedule.

So who are the exact [inaudible] groups? I see NGOs, I see academia university students, possibly end users, civil society groups. Those are probably the three key ones. We probably would not be working [inaudible] consider in having discussions with the government types of persons, for example.

So if those are the three, then we could probably have three joint sessions that week. Also, the concern, they're looking at the schedule regarding the Tuesday. I see that the Tech Working Group meetings in parallel. And I'm thinking that's going to be very hard for two reasons. One, many members are –

September 2015

VANDA SCARTEZINI: Go ahead.

DEV ANAND TEELUCKSINGH: Sorry, yeah. So it will be very hard because on the Tuesday, most working group members are perhaps involved in multiple working groups. So that's one thing. And I think it will very hard for the ALAC to follow up what's happening at the working group level. So in effect, by splitting up or having multiple sessions happening at the same time, it will be very hard, it might be almost useless to the ALAC because at the end of it all, everybody will be so scattered that nobody will have a clear picture of what is happening in the working groups.

So I'm thinking having them in parallel is probably not going to work.

VANDA SCARTEZINI: Yeah. We probably need to – yeah. I agree with you that that is one point I have in mind when I'd run this one. But that's the first idea. I do believe that is true. You are right that we need to split at the least, two in parallel. I don't know because people mostly have participation in more than one, more than two sometimes, but to divide too much these meetings may be the first hour of the day. We could start early probably, like we do in other normal regular meetings, start at 7:00.

And each day, 7:00 to 8:00, is for the meetings. The working groups to work to. Because to allow more time to our work in general, that could be something that we could use. Normally, breakfast meetings could be

September 2015

a regular one in those sections. So we have in day two and day three and day four, 7:00 to 8:00, and in day two, we have two subsequent groups that one, two, and three, or something to use in the morning, but starting early.

I don't know what you believe but how many working groups do we have? Five formal ones?

HEIDI ULLRICH: Vanda, if I can comment on that and just some other points you've made. Can you hear me?

VANDA SCARTEZINI: Yes.

HEIDI ULLRICH: Okay. So we have actually almost 20 working groups. Not all of them are active, but we have considerably more than five that meet. So that's something to keep in mind.

The other point is that, again, depending on the venue, we don't know what time we could start, whether we could start as early as 7:00. So I think a safer bet would be to say we start at 8:00 and then we could do 8:00 to 9:00, 9:00 to 10:00, 10:00 to 11:00, and then 11:00 to 12:00. Straight through, and that's four at least.

So that's covering a good number for one day and we could possibly, people are very good at checking who's a member of which working

September 2015

groups, so maybe we could run one or two in parallel. So out of those four hours that we have to decide what working groups, maybe we can do two hours that are two in parallel so we can cover six total. So that's a possibility.

And maybe the other thing that we do see fit is to let all the working group chairs know that given that the new format, we just can't have that many working groups. So only those that really do see a need to meet face-to-face would be able to meet that way. Thank you.

VANDA SCARTEZINI: Yeah, because normally, people don't go to the meetings for full [COOs] of the working group, I believe. Normally, we have –

HEIDI ULLRICH: Correct, [inaudible].

VANDA SCARTEZINI: Yeah. Normally, we have six meetings or that's more or less the number.

HEIDI ULLRICH: If you can, in the past, we've had a lot, and then we had a couple of meetings where we limited to just those working groups working on a hot topic, and then now we're back to basically any chair that feels a meeting that if it's necessary has one. So for Dublin, I think we're having about ten. I'm guessing right now that it's quite a bit.

September 2015

VANDA SCARTEZINI: Yeah.

BERAN GILLEN: Vanda, I just want to comment. I know I came in a bit late, but I just wanted some clarification on the regional meetings, but I see there's [inaudible] for day three and day four. Is this the joint AFRALO and ALAC meetings or, I mean, joint regional and ALAC meetings? Which meetings are these? I'm not very clear. The regional meeting.

VANDA SCARTEZINI: The three regional meetings and two regional meetings, those are LACRALO meeting, APRALO meeting, those five regions.

BERAN GILLEN: Okay.

VANDA SCARTEZINI: They normally go together in the seat with the community that is participating on this other ACs or COs to talk about those normally have for each region, they sit together during the regular meetings. So I put in also three regional in parallel, and then two regionals to fulfill the five one.

September 2015

BERAN GILLEN: Okay. Thank you, Vanda. Again, just the clarification. You noted that a meeting with the GAC, we don't usually meet with the GAC. It's a new thing for the internal community, inter-community work.

VANDA SCARTEZINI: But anyway, maybe can, maybe can. This is I put all those GNSO, ccNSO, because we meet with the GAC and the others. Yeah? It depends on the time we have. Sometimes, we have a short meeting, and what I need here in this design is the meeting with the Board in some time, probably during ALAC work on Tuesday. Heid wants to talk?

HEIDI ULLRICH: Yes, I just wanted to say that actually, yeah, we do normally meet with the GAC. But I'm not sure what the plans are for meeting B.

VANDA SCARTEZINI: Okay. But SSAC is normally something that we do, that is not there.

BERAN GILLEN: I'm just thinking that I don't know whether any of this can be these meetings. Could they be embedded in our – just to sort of make more time for the working groups. I'm just thinking off the top of my head that some of this could be embedded in either the ALAC work. It's just a suggestion. I don't know if that is possible. I don't know.

September 2015

VANDA SCARTEZINI: What I believe that we need, in my opinion, it's not for us alone to decide about what is the general B meeting for ALAC. So I do believe that we should, like we already, this proposal is over there. And in my view, I'm taking notes here, and I will post in the general meeting group the idea that we are discussing today to allow them to discuss also when we meet, discuss also the B meeting to try to understand better what the others think. Because we are sharing our idea here, but we need to listen to the full group of meetings to discuss our ideas with them.

That's my general idea about how to proceed in this B. We need to interchange a little bit the ideas with them and come back to discuss by ourselves. Because just among us is very little group. We need to share our ideas and send to them. Get some feedback and discuss again among us that's just my general ideas because we are limited for our own faults on that. So what do you think?

BERAN GILLEN: I have a question, again, I guess it's because I came late. But the day one, the outreach, right after lunch, 1:00 to 2:30, is that supposed to be outside and [inaudible]?

VANDA SCARTEZINI: It may be outside. It could be outside. Depends on the region you go, the culture of the people, what the university wants to, if it's difficult for people to come back and come to this meeting at the time. I don't know because let's remember that during the morning, I understood that

September 2015

we're going to have all people talking, even us, from ALAC, talking about ourselves to everybody that wants to participate. But in my opinion, the idea is how we're going to have this larger outreach if maybe in some place we don't talk with more people, regular users for instance, associations.

It's very restrict the general idea of our outreach, in my opinion, if we speak with the idea that we should stay only in that place. Sometimes, people cannot move from one side to another side for several reasons, especially if we talk with the students. So that's the idea to put maybe over there.

HEIDI ULLRICH:

If I might. Sorry I can't put my hand up. Yeah. I'm just wondering is the group still planning on going forward with the idea of having the ALS reps from Central America invited and having that first day and in fact entire week be a little bit of outreach as well as engagement?

VANDA SCARTEZINI:

Yeah. Maybe. I don't know. Could be.

DEV ANAND TEELUCKSINGH:

Just to respond to that. I mean, yes, Heidi, I think that's a good idea. And I think that possibly we can use some elements of the LAC strategy to try to get to ALSes. And perhaps other stakeholder to this meeting B type of meeting. So I'd say yes. In terms of how you – go ahead.

September 2015

HEIDI ULLRICH: Yeah, sorry. Just on that point, again, there is possible funding we could use from Fiscal Year '16 special request for that. So I think we can sort of assume that in terms of the budget, we can do that. But if you could elaborate on if there's any contents or other work in the LAC strategy plan that could be incorporated into the [inaudible].

VANDA SCARTEZINI: Yeah. We have a lot of discussions and people are still having discussions about the strategy around the region here. And we're going to – they had a meeting in Paraguay last week and is having another in Colombia this week. So there is a lot of things that we could try to match and talk with the people over there in that country that maybe more clear to us to set up something more clear for that particular first meeting in our region. So Sebastien, you have the hands up. Please.

SEBASTIEN BACHOLLET: Yes. Thank you very much. First of all, I have, yeah, I think it's a good idea to have the subregion At-Large structure representative coming. Just we need to check, yes, the question of budget, but also be sure that room is big enough for that. We need to be careful that if we want to organize those meetings in those places, maybe we will have some limitation on the facilities. Then yes, it's a good idea, yes, we need to fulfill it, but we need to check both money and infrastructure.

September 2015

The second point about the organization of the meeting, everything that what it's important to have as much as possible working group work and the proposal to have two in parallel. It's a good idea and if we need time that just morning, let's do it. Let's take more time on that.

And I am not sure that B meeting is a good place for meeting with all the AC and SOs. It's, once again, the idea is to have work within the community, within At-Large, and the work with, I will say, all the other in the sense that day two and day three are for us and the day four is with the other, but with all the other with the same interest in one topic. Not one to one or two. Yeah, one with one meeting.

Last idea really as an idea is that maybe one way for the outreach is to organize that completely differently, and I want to take the image of speed dating. We could have restaurant-like place with very round table and we can have people from ALAC or At-Large in Spanish and one in English, and for the other group, and the people take ten-minute turn and discuss with other people and exchange.

It could be another way not to have too much classroom type of instruction but more individual or small group interaction. Thank you.

VANDA SCARTEZINI:

Yeah. It could be a good idea, in my opinion. Think about the new way to do meetings in the different small groups like roundtables, round, and talk with specific points in their language. Work that are done normally, people just listening to someone to talk, and never expressed

September 2015

themselves because they are afraid not to be understood or they don't know exactly what we ask.

So people in a small group feel more comfortable and more able to make good questions and want to participate more than in a more general session. I do agree this is a very good idea, Sebastien. I will put us in the week, explain our point here. Thank you. And Dev.

DEV ANAND TEELUCKSINGH: Okay. Thanks. Just also looking at the schedule here, just thinking about it. On the Tuesday, you have from 13:00 hours to 15:00 hours ALAC work. And I'm trying to think what kind of work that could be done on a Tuesday, when really, perhaps, what can happen is that the – well I would say perhaps that probably could be allocated to working group meetings.

Because I'm just trying to think ALAC work. I'm not sure what that means, what could be so separate from the rest of the stuff. That's a part of my thinking. Maybe what could happen is that the ALAC and regional meeting part ones could start there or perhaps what could happen is that the ALAC and regional meeting could start on Tuesday.

Then have the working group meetings coming as part of the reporting, one after the other for those working groups that are planning to do presentations and/or get feedback as to what's happening in working groups. That can happen on Tuesday.

September 2015

Because, I mean, ALAC work by itself, I'm not sure what could that – what's the intention of that.

VANDA SCARTEZINI:

Well, the name of those meetings are the regular meetings on the other A and C and blah, blah, blah. Those are just [inaudible] from the other groups just to keep all the stuff that we normally do inside this division. So if you go to the other meetings, the A and the other models, the A and C, the names are normally similar. It's the [inaudible] put together all those things on the ALAC work that is normally we do part one, part two, and those kind of things.

But inside that, we could put more the reports, of course, the reports of the working group. Certainly, we can do. If there is no room for the morning, working group meetings, we probably can continue on the afternoon and expand the ALAC work with this until the end of the day. So that is the idea to divide this mostly to try to put some of those meetings that is in the other regular models inside some old model. That's the general idea.

But we can split this. This is not, of course, this is one suggestion. That's the idea of our work here is trying to find some ideas to share with the whole group. That's just my first idea considering day one is full dedicate to outreach.

September 2015

DEV ANAND TEELUCKSINGH: Okay. One final comment. Yeah, because I have to jump off to another call, to Outreach and Engagement call at the top of the hour. So I have to account next gen and the fellowship programs and see how it can work with those programs to have interaction at those, I presume, in the morning, early morning sessions. But that's it. I have to end this call and the next call. So thanks.

VANDA SCARTEZINI: Okay. We need to jump for another. So my idea, if you agree, is just I will write on the week what the points we have, and in the week of meeting, the general group of meeting, to allow them to share with us their thoughts. So Beran, you should [inaudible].

BERAN GILLEN: Yes. Thank you, Vanda. Yes, I'll make it really snappy. I also have to join the call that Dev was leaving for. I just wanted, I don't know if you can ask Terri to take this as an action point to actually perhaps get staff to give us a breakdown of this ALAC work, what it actually entails, and the ALAC regional meeting, and see how we can [plug in] some of the meetings into that.

I think that could also be – that would free up some of the hours that we may need for working group as well as next gen and the fellowship to fit them in. because these are all things that we don't want to miss out on our meeting B. Because as Sebastien said, the whole purpose of meeting B is to do not just outreach outside, but also inreach within our next gen, our fellowship, and new [inaudible] programs.

September 2015

So if we can get a breakdown of the ALAC work, and the ALAC regional meeting, and then see whether there's some sort of duplicate or duplication between that and some of the meetings we may be having with, say, the other SOs, and then possibly free up some time within that for fellowship and next gen.

VANDA SCARTEZINI:

Yeah. I believe that the fellowship is something I missed here. I shouldn't. Because it's quite important for me, too. So fellowship and next generation is something that we need to pay attention.

HEIDI ULLRICH:

If I might, because I know we're running over, but I do now know that there will be fellows who meet certain criteria. Normally, those who have been to at least one and another criteria will be there, as well as next gen. So I think that the plans on how they'll be interacting is still under consideration discussion, but I will see if I can get some information on that and get that to you as soon as possible.

And finally, I just want to point out that in Dublin, on the Saturday, the 17th, sorry, I put the wrong date in, there's going to be a 90-minute session that Beran is leading where she will take everyone through the meet schedule, the draft schedules for A, B, and C, and hopefully the ALAC can come through a vote, perhaps, that day or during the wrap-up session. So just a comment on what we have ahead of us still. Thank you.

September 2015

VANDA SCARTEZINI: Okay. That's good. Good. Okay. I believe we need to finish because we have Outreach is starting right now. And we need to finish.

TERRI AGNEW: Vanda, pardon the interruption. Do we need to pull together another meeting for this group before Dublin?

VANDA SCARTEZINI: My idea was to put the week and ask the general group of meeting to take a look and when we're going to have the general meeting strategy working party meeting again. You know?

TERRI AGNEW: Yes, I believe it's already scheduled. Let me quickly pull it up. One moment.

VANDA SCARTEZINI: Because I haven't seen another [inaudible].

UNIDENTIFIED FEMALE: It's the 1st of October.

VANDA SCARTEZINI: 1st of October.

September 2015

TERRI AGNEW: At 15:00 UTC.

VANDA SCARTEZINI: Yeah. So I put today the general idea that we discussed here because I would like to hear form the B group, from the general group about our talks related to B. So I do believe that that is after that, we can – I will [be] traveling on 7th, so we need to set up something for the beginning of the next week for our group before Dublin.

TERRI AGNEW: Okay. We'll go ahead and send a Doodle code out for the following –

VANDA SCARTEZINI: Okay. A Doodle for people to find our –

TERRI AGNEW: The following week. Correct? October.

VANDA SCARTEZINI: Yeah.

HEIDI ULLRICH: October 5. Okay.

September 2015

VANDA SCARTEZINI: Okay. I do believe that I do this, my task the note, and we're going to have some other point for the group inside the week for the general and the LAC listen to the general group about our talk. And we meet again next week. Okay?

TERRI AGNEW: Thank you, Vanda.

VANDA SCARTEZINI: Okay. Thank you very much to everyone. You can jump to another meeting. Thank you.

HEIDI ULLRICH: Goodbye. Thanks.

VANDA SCARTEZINI: Bye-bye, Sebastien, Beran, Heidi, and Terri. Thank you very much for your participation.

UNIDENTIFIED FEMALE: Bye-bye, Vanda.

[END OF TRANSCRIPTION]