
TERRI AGNEW: Good morning, good afternoon, and good evening. Welcome to the ALAC Subcommittee On Outreach and Engagement call, taking place on Monday, the 17th of August 2015 at 18:00 UTC.

On the English channel, we have Daniel Nanghaka, Cheryl Langdon-Orr, Roosevelt King, Maureen Hilyard, Alan Greenberg, Nkem Nweke, Glenn McKnight, Ron Sherwood, Siranush Vardanyan, Alfredo Calderon, Dev Anand Teelucksingh, Ali Al Meshal, and John Laprise.

On the Spanish channel, we have Jose Arce and Juan Manuel Rojas

I show apologies from Janice Douma Lange.

From staff, we have Silvia Vivanco, Kim Carlson; and myself, Terri Agnew.

Our Spanish interpreter today is Sabrina. I would like to remind all participants to please state your name before speaking not only for transcription purposes, but also for our Spanish interpreters. Thank you very much, and I'll turn the call back of you to you, Dev.

DEV ANAND TEELUCKSINGH: Thank you very much, Terri. Thanks for everybody attending this call. I know it's mid-August, and to some this is like summer vacation. But we do have a lot of work to do on this outreach and engagement and we have some upcoming deadlines.

Let's review our action items coming from our last call. Let's see. Dev Anand Teelucksingh to post the expectations of the CROPP [ROT]

Note: The following is the output resulting from transcribing an audio file into a word/text document. Although the transcription is largely accurate, in some cases may be incomplete or inaccurate due to inaudible passages and grammatical corrections. It is posted as an aid to the original audio file, but should not be treated as an authoritative record.

membership on the list. I don't think I actually did this because I had a lot of network connectivity problems over the weekend, including power outages. I'll review what's needed for the expectations of the CROPP [ROT] later on in the agenda.

Myself to contact each of the RALO members to see how they would like to move forward on their regional strategy. An e-mail was sent out to the list, which I believe everybody saw. We'll probably just take a look to see what the RALOs have done. I think really only AFRALO has really done anything. Nothing has been done for LACRALO or EURALO.

So the action item is also the subcommittee on the [inaudible]. We should consider the appointment of a liaison for the At-Large Capacity Building Working Group. Let's leave that open and we'll consider it – let's see if we can fit that on the agenda under any other business. Okay.

With that action item completed, let's now consider the review of selection of the regional co-chairs from AFRALO, EURALO, and NARALO. APRALO – okay, let's hope the language services sort out that problem.

Just to confirm, APRALO selected Maureen Hilyard for the co-chair for the Asia-Pacific region and myself as chair of this working group will be for the LACRALO region. So we do need to select some regional co-chairs for AFRALO, EURALO, and NARALO.

Let me just ask. Let's start with NARALO. Has anyone – well, I see now Glenn. I see that Glenn is willing to be the NARALO chair. Indeed, I did ask you informally before the call. I just wanted to get this formally on the record that Glenn McKnight will be the NARALO regional co-chair.

Unfortunately, I'm not seeing Wolf Ludwig on the call from EURALO. I'll leave that aside.

For AFRALO, are there any persons on this call that are willing to serve as the AFRALO regional co-chair? Daniel, I see you're typing. Excellent. Thanks, Daniel, for this. So we have the co-chairs from AFRALO, NARALO, and it's just EURALO that I just need to follow up on to find a regional co-chair. Excellent.

Let's go ahead now moving along to the next agenda item which is the review of the RALO outreach strategies for FY16. On the last outreach call there were two strategies that were reviewed, NARALO outreach strategy and APRALO's outreach strategy.

Let's start with NARALO, because I think Glenn you mentioned on the last call that you're going to be looking to have this outreach strategy discussed on a NARALO monthly meeting. I assume that it was approved at the NARALO meeting? Go ahead, Glenn.

GLENN MCKNIGHT:

Yes. I'm in a very noisy environment, so I'll be muted most of the time. Yes, we did discuss it. We had only two abstainers from the list. We actually got feedback on our CROPP outreach strategy and it also passed.

DEV ANAND TEELUCKSINGH:

Okay, thanks, Glenn. Okay. So now we can add NARALO's outreach strategy as also approved. Were there any comments or questions on NARALO's strategy? Thanks for putting it up on the AC room, Terri.

Just one – Glenn?

GLENN MCKNIGHT: There really wasn't any feedback because prior to the meeting last week, we did ask the membership to comment, [inaudible] comment through e-mail and directly to the document itself. Judith, myself, and Garth were the primary people who actually worked on the original document. Then we asked for feedback, and we didn't get any at our meeting. We had a very busy agenda, so we were not able to take the time probably as we should have, but generally speaking, there wasn't any comments.

DEV ANAND TEELUCKSINGH: Okay, thanks for this, Glenn. Just one point, just to highlight something regarding NARALO's outreach strategy. [inaudible] APRALO identified various outreach opportunities, the outreach strategy from NARALO actually set aside certain metrics and also identified some of the [trips]. So it's something that I think perhaps other RALOs that would have to look more closely towards in terms of structure and their outreach strategy.

Any comments or questions on NARALO's outreach strategic plan?
Going twice. Okay, very well. Excellent.

I did post a list in an e-mail on the outreach and engagement list of possible – I opened up three Google docs for each of the... For LACRALO, EURALO, and AFRALO. I think there was only some comments coming in from Daniel, who has been editing the Google doc. Daniel, you want to

just take the floor and identify some of the things that you've been looking at?

TERRI AGNEW: We're actually doing a dial-out to Daniel right at this moment. He should be joining shortly.

DEV ANAND TEELUCKSINGH: I see. Thanks, Terri. Let me just put the link up. I put the link on the Google doc there. One of the things I think that I want to emphasize for these regional strategies is to come up with some sort of measurable outcomes or measurable in terms of doing a review of, say, the stakeholder of your region, identify any gaps. For example, if there's a group of countries that has no At-Large Structure present, for example, you could then say based on that we can now look at those countries without At-Large Structures and then seek to find an outreach event in that country in order to get new ALS structures as an example.

I assume, Daniel, are you on the bridge?

DANIEL NANGHAKA: Yes.

DEV ANAND TEELUCKSINGH: Can you speak?

DANIEL NANGHAKA: Yes, I can speak.

DEV ANAND TEELUCKSINGH: Go ahead.

DANIEL NANGHAKA: Briefly, when I was [inaudible] this outreach strategy for AFRALO, I was looking at mainly at [inaudible], the original [inaudible] Internet Governance Forum, the [inaudible]. Unfortunately, we cannot attend the [IGF], but at least a good thing is we have two participants who are taking up the panel I think on the 8th of September. They're speaking about the IANA transition.

Then to strengthen our participation in the region, I was also thinking that we could have a – since the IGF brings in different stakeholders from the African region, we could use [inaudible] participants who are attending the IGF in Brazil and be able to get them to adapt [ICANN] and also become members of [inaudible] different ALSes in different respective regions.

Lastly, about the ICANN [inaudible] academic institutions, to get more participation in the university and academic institutions, we could probably cut out guest lectures and have maybe different student representatives to be able to create smaller groups, so they can keep the students aware and the different academia aware about what is happening. Because once they come out of the university, it's a challenge for them to get them to [inaudible].

You see that most of the members that come in [all on the] outreach, they're not so much aware about what ICANN is doing on the ground. So working with different ALSes, we can have a strong ground in this academic. [That's basically] what is involved in the strategy.

DEV ANAND TEELUCKSINGH: Thanks, Daniel. I'm trying to go back and forth on my monitor here. Let me just look at the chat here. I see that [inaudible] from Jon Laprise asked a question. "Could the various RALOs present the environmental mapping to provide a foundation for their outreach strategies?"

John, just to answer, this is something I've done for LACRALO and this is something what I call the LACRALO Dashboard. In that dashboard, I highlight which countries don't have At-Large Structures.

So if you look at the country breakdowns tab, you would see the breakdown of all the 13 countries who have no At-Large Structures out of 33 countries in Latin America and the Caribbean. So that has a basis for [inaudible] we have these countries; let's see if we can find outreach events in those countries.

I don't know, John, if this is what you're thinking of. Okay, it is in part. Well, John, if you want to take the floor just to quickly clarify when you say the environmental mapping.

JOHN LAPRISE: Yeah. What I'm really – can you hear me, everyone?

DEV ANAND TEELUCKSINGH: Yes, John, we can hear you. Go ahead.

JOHN LAPRISE: Okay. I guess I'm looking at – well, we're thinking about who we're outreaching to, part of it does come down to a country by country analysis, but it's also a sector analysis as well. I'm just looking at the underlying foundation documents that say, well, this is a group that we've not reached out to in the past, so we should focus efforts on. I just want some underlying substantiating documentation to say, "Oh yeah, these are people we really need to be outreaching for, as opposed to people who..." Rather than it being sort of "oh, I think these are people we should outreach" and looking more at something to substantiate our common sense initiative about who we should be reaching out for.

So I just want some underlying substantiation strategy. That's all.

DEV ANAND TEELUCKSINGH: Thanks, John. Alan, I see your hand raised. Go ahead.

ALAN GREENBERG: Thank you. I was going to say something akin to what John is saying. Countries are certainly a measure of how well we're penetrating, especially as we go through the new work and trying to identify what characteristics of ALSes we want to really play on and what kind of groups do we want to be ALSes. I think [country] can't be the only one. It's certainly a characteristic which makes a particular location attractive. The availability of people who want to participate or think

might want to or have some other synergy I think is something we have to put into the equation as well. Thank you.

DEV ANAND TEELUCKSINGH: Okay. Thanks, Alan. The thing is I'm not sure if – we do have that type of environmental mapping as such, as what John and Alan are saying. I don't think any region has done this. Has any region done this, to anyone's knowledge? I see people chatting. Okay, I see Alan and Maureen. Alan, go ahead.

ALAN GREENBERG: Just quickly. I doubt if that kind of thing has been done, at least not in a form that we have [ready] [inaudible] to. There's lots of country analyses and things that are done in development, in supportive technology development, and helping countries develop.

I think it may not be the criteria you use, but one of the things we do in looking at whether going into a certain place or to a certain meeting is appropriate isn't likely to result in a good fit. That may be one of the decisions points in deciding where to go or what to do. Thank you.

DEV ANAND TEELUCKSINGH: I get you. Okay, thanks, Alan. Maureen?

MAUREEN HILYARD: Thank you, Dev. I was going to say similar to Alan in that we had done an analysis of ALSes and ccNSOs as you know in different countries. I

think [inaudible] we need to look at what is it that we want to achieve from this, from within this outreach activity, and to find some environmental mapping mechanism that will address this and help is identify those gaps and where our focus should be, perhaps. Thank you.

DEV ANAND TEELUCKSINGH: Okay. All right, thanks, Maureen. I guess it's something that now the regional co-chairs could try to brainstorm together in time for our next call to see what could be done or how we should have such information presented.

Seeing no further comments or questions, I will try to work more with EURALO especially to start, have that conversation happening on their outreach strategy. Again, why this is important is that all these outreach strategies have to be approved by the regional global stakeholder engagement in time before any CROPP proposals can be found. It's also important for us as well, because I think not only from looking at outreach goals, but I think also engagement goals.

For example, having an analysis of which ALSes are attending monthly calls [inaudible] seem to be an important activity, which I think it is – those type of analyses probably needs to be done, so we can have some [inaudible] on how we can engage more with those At-Large Structures that are not as involved as we would like them to be.

All right. Any other comments, observations, suggestions for outreach strategies? Glenn is asking the question: when is the RALOs strategies due? RALO strategies have to be approved by December 30th. That really is the cutoff date. If we haven't submitted any strategies and

gotten them approved by the regional GSEs before September 30th, then that region will not be able to use any CROPP applications.

Let's move ahead now to the next agenda item, which is the selection of a member from this outreach and engagement [SE] to serve on the Community Regional Outreach Pilot Program Review Team.

Just to give some background behind this, the CROPP Review Team is comprised of a member from the outreach committee, this Outreach and Engagement Subcommittee, and also a member from the Finance & Budget Subcommittee.

These two persons from each region act as the program coordinators in the CROPP process. That is, they coordinate with the regional At-Large to file the applications and ensure that it's – and I will say that ensure the information is included on the CROPP form when it's submitted. The CROPP Review Team then does an internal review. We've given a deadline of two weeks, but we have done shorter review periods based on the timing.

The idea [before] the CROPP Review Team is to really look to ensure that the proposals, not just from your region, but from all the other regions when we evaluate them that they meet the outreach and engagement strategy for the region and that, actually, the outcomes from that proposal make sense and is measurable and specific. The idea is when the traveler or travelers that go on this trip, there's a suitable and positive outcome.

Once the proposal is approved by the review team, the administrator has to then do some submissions of the form to the regional [GSEs].

Then once they get the approval from the regional [GSEs], then notify the CROPP administrator, the ICANN CROPP team. They do this by editing the wiki and then sending an e-mail that, yes, all of these steps have been carried out.

Finally, one of the things also is that a trip assessment has to be done from the travelers after they've completed their trip. Those CROPP Review Team members have to then contact the travelers and make sure they file their trip assessments, and of course notify the review team so that we can also look at those trip assessments.

Let's summarize. I see there's two hands raised. Nkem Nweke, go ahead. You have the floor. Oh, I see you've put down your hand. Okay. Alan Greenberg, then. Sorry, go ahead.

ALAN GREENBERG:

Thank you, Dev. I just wanted to give a little bit of a background to add to what you were saying. The CROPP Review Team is not just a rubber stamp or a check if the boxes are ticked off. If that were the case, then we can have staff doing it just to make sure that you've filled out the forms properly.

It's really to make value judgments on is this a trip which is likely to be beneficial to At-Large and to the region that we're talking about? There's a change this year in that the RALOs are not appointing the people to the CROPP Review Team, but the Finance & Budget Committee is appointing their halves, and this group, the Outreach and Engagement, is appointing the other half.

The reason is it's hoped that the people who are active in this group are in a better position to judge whether a particular person is really engaged, really understands the kinds of things we're trying to do, and will diligently make value judgments. It's never easy to judge your peers and say some application is good and another one may have a problem with it. But we're looking for people who will really understand what we're trying to accomplish with the CROPP trips and be able to make value judgments and be well enough connected in the outreach and engagement committee and in the region to consult with people if necessary, to try to do their job carefully.

That's the reason this group is appointing the five people as opposed to the regions, obviously with the support of the regions, but with the knowledge of who's actually being active and who's working. Thank you.

DEV ANAND TEELUCKSINGH: Thank you, Alan. And indeed, that is – thanks for highlighting that again. That it's really not just to be a rubber stamp. I mean, one part is coordination, but it is having those review members evaluate those trip proposals when they are submitted for review to really comment and analyze it. Does this trip make sense? Does it have a good measurable outcome, that it's in line with the regional strategies that will now be in place going forward for this year of CROPP?

Now, Nkem, I see your hand is raised. You have the floor. Nkem?

TERRI AGNEW: Nkem has dropped from the telephone and we've been trying to reach him and will continue to try to reach him.

DEV ANAND TEELUCKSINGH: Okay. All right. Hopefully he can come back in and submit his question. Maureen, your hand is raised. Go ahead.

MAUREEN HILYARD: Thank you, Dev. I just wanted to highlight, too, that following on from a CROPP event and one does an evaluation of the outcomes, whether they had been achieved, I think one of the things – and I think it's because it's affected ours, us and APRALO – is the impact of the particular CROPP event on future planning.

I don't know whether we've mentioned it, but one of the events that we have in our strategy is actually related to a prior [inaudible], which we made several major contacts and we have been [inaudible] established partnerships that read beyond what we originally envisaged.

I think that these are the sorts of opportunities to be incorporated into some sort of [inaudible] mechanism of evaluating the value of CROPP as well. Thank you.

DEV ANAND TEELUCKSINGH: Okay. Thanks, Maureen. Indeed, in the proposals, this is something that could be highlighted. It's building on the previous good experience. And as a further outcome, we're now having a deeper engagement and perhaps an opportunity to reach more persons that could become

members of At-Large, for example. Those types of things can be highlighted in such a CROPP application.

Just looking at the chat, for APRALO, just to confirm that it was Ali Meshal who is the person from the Outreach Subcommittee. [Shal] was selected by the Finance & Budget Subcommittee.

Might as well start with APRALO. Ali Meshal is okay to be the outreach member on this CROPP Review Team? I think I see [inaudible] scrolling up the page. I think I did see yes and I see a green tick from [Cheryl]. Yes, it's in the chat. Okay, Ali Meshal will be CROPP [inaudible] member from APRALO.

For AFRALO, well, let's see. Daniel, I think – well, it's either Daniel or Nkem. Daniel, would you be interested also in being the CROPP [RT] representative for the CROPP Review Team? Okay, excellent. Daniel Nanghaka will be the representative from AFRALO.

Well, for EURALO, there's nobody from EURALO on the call, so I'll put that aside for now.

For LACRALO, I'm trying to see who will be. Well, I see there's Roosevelt and of course myself. Roosevelt, would you be interested in being the CROPP [RT] representative? Oh, I see Juan Rojas is also there, yes. I'm sorry, I missed [inaudible]. Okay. My apologies. Well, Juan, since you are involved and have some previous experience with the CROPP [RT], then perhaps you can be the CROPP [RT] representative for LACRALO

Mind you, this is not to say this Outreach and Engagement Subcommittee will not get a briefing updates regarding all the various

trip proposals. There's opportunity for all of us to really review and to make our comments on a possible trip proposal.

NARALO. Does anybody from NARALO wish to offer themselves to be representative to be the CROPP [RT] representative? Yes, NARALO, Glenn. I'm thinking. Go ahead, Glenn, if you want to take the floor.

HEIDI ULLRICH: I believe that Glenn is in a very noisy area. He's written a couple of times. Both Glenn and Alan Skuse have stepped up to this role.

DEV ANAND TEELUCKSINGH: Okay. Thanks, Heidi. Just to confirm, though, is Alan Skuse a member of? Well, Alan Skuse came in from the Finance & Budget Subcommittee. So I take it then that Glenn is offering himself as the outreach representative. Excellent. So Glenn McKnight will be the person.

So with the exception of EURALO, then – and I'll follow up with Wolf and also try to see if we can get more persons from EURALO to be on this committee, so that could be filled. Okay, excellent.

Any other comments or observations regarding the CROPP [RT]? Going once, going twice. Okay, excellent. Thanks, everyone, for stepping up to these roles. It's an important role as we move forward for the CROPP [RT]. Thanks.

Excellent. Let's move on to our next two items. I decided to highlight two of the work items for the remainder of 2015. One was group

calendar and how At-Large can work with the Global Stakeholder Engagement to track possible outreach events in our five regions.

Just to give some background behind this topic, At-Large has an external – unfortunately, I think there's some overlap with the interpreters because I'm hearing the interpreters speaking Spanish on the English channel.

INTERPRETER: My apologies. I have several speakers overlapping.

DEV ANAND TEELUCKSINGH: Okay, thanks. Just to continue now again regarding the group calendar. At-Large does have an external events calendar that's listed on every single RALO page on the wiki. However, it's [maintained] by staff, and I will say particularly Gisela [inaudible] who does this type of scheduling.

The intent was we would e-mail staff with possible regional events and Gisela would then update this calendar, but that has not been happening because – well, possibly for a variety of reasons.

One [has] been challenging is also the Global Stakeholder Engagement is aware of various other events that are happening in the region. But they themselves aren't really sharing [with] At-Large. Two things.

One, the Global Stakeholder Engagement calendar has a lot more information that they don't want to make public, so there's that. Thanks, [inaudible], for the link.

I started researching a possible way of how can we work better. I noticed also that the Nominating Committee also looks to track outreach events for the Nominating Committee to look and attend in order for recruitment purposes or outreach purposes.

So there's actually three different – yeah, there's three different groupings in ICANN looking at outreach events. And I started thinking, well, perhaps there's a way of doing some sort of group calendaring to see how At-Large can do this.

Let me highlight the possible solution. Actually, perhaps what I should do is for me to share my screen. Let me do just that. Okay, let me just share my screen. Are you seeing my screen?

Just to highlight – and I'll post it in the chat here. [inaudible] very hard for me to find [inaudible]. My apologies.

If you go to this URL, it's something called Teamup. What Teamup allows you to do is to assign URLs to different groups and different persons the ability to either view or add a calendar entry. This is, for example – the neat thing about it is I can give different URLs to different persons.

For this page that you see, there's an example RALO calendar. Persons can only view and edit that calendar. However, if I switch over to another calendar, you will see that this is for staff. They will be able to all of the different events that are happening in each of the calendars.

All of these calendars offer the ability to have subscriptions so you can subscribe it in your calendar application, be it Google calendar, Outlook

or iCal or whatever. You can subscribe for that one particular calendar or you can subscribe to all of the calendars.

The neat thing is whoever makes the entry – let's say if I give global stakeholders one URL and At-Large another URL – they can add events to the same calendar, but not edit each other's events. So that way there's a sense of separation and you won't have the worry of someone editing someone else's calendar entry.

So this is really my idea for possibly using this for a group calendaring application. Also, do things like have notification. This way, we can send it by e-mail directly from the calendar application rather than manually composing an e-mail that staff normally has to do for At-Large calls.

So this is the idea for calendaring and to track outreach events. Any initial thoughts or comments? Okay, I see two hands raised. Cheryl, go ahead.

CHERYL LANGDON-ORR:

Thanks. As you can imagine, [inaudible] makes my life a lot easier. I'm particularly keen that staff can have [inaudible] because the clashes that are still occurring across ICANN are just, shall I say, absolutely ridiculous when they would be avoidable by even having this type of thing connected to what was once [inaudible] as a primary or main calendar that ICANN uses. I'm very supportive of it.

My [inaudible], however, is that maintenance then responsibilities happen on the calendars by someone. For example, occasionally – and it tends to be staff, but not always staff – do Doodles. And unless you're

good at closing Doodle, people like me who have the tentative times in their calendars dragged out of the Doodle world, our calendar looks quadrupally booked when all someone has to do is close the Doodle. Then 27 options would then open up for people. That's important.

The other thing is there are some historical old calendars that At-Large, for example, has used. And they end up, if they don't get maintained – and these are ones that we don't have control of that we'd need to communicate with some other people.

For example, I still have both the new and accurate APRALO reminders and calendar bookings as well as the now antiquated and no longer current one because it's some carryover from some distant calendar that nobody's gone back and made the [delete] from.

So, all for it, but let's keep them up to date and neat and tidy. Thank you.

DEV ANAND TEELUCKSINGH: Okay. Thanks, Cheryl. Initially, I wasn't trying to suggest that this was a full replacement for every single calendar. As a first step, I will say just to use this for the group calendaring to share outreach events. So each region would have its own URL. It won't be confused by all the different RALOs and so forth. However, you could choose to look at all of the other RALOs if they wanted to.

The idea was you could think of it as we could get NARALO to look at their NARALO events, APRALO their outreach events and so forth. And

the Global Stakeholder Team can edit that same calendar on their region and add their outreach events that they [all have].

So by both teams editing the same calendar without each other overriding calendar entries or editing it, we can then have a shared view of what's happening in a particular region.

In theory, we could use this for our meetings and so forth, but I don't want to take that step. I'm just looking to track the outreach events happening in each of the regions.

Unfortunately, I'm not able to see the chat when I have one screen. If there's anybody who has any comments or questions, please raise your hand. Going once, going twice. All right. How do I stop sharing? Any other comments or questions? I'm going to stop sharing my screen.

Now that I've stopped sharing my screen, I can now see the questions. Will this link to the new website of At-Large? In a sense, Ali, no, because at this point we're just only looking to track outreach events right now, not the At-Large calendar that is still maintained by At-Large staff. Hopefully that answers that question.

Let's move ahead to our next agenda item. I'm not sure if somebody from staff is able to talk about this. This is the review of the beginner's guide to At-Large Structures.

The beginner's guide to At-Large Structures was done in about I think 2003-2004, early 2004. The intent was it would be a guide for At-Large Structures and how they participate in At-Large. It was identified at the

Buenos Aires meeting that staff will be looking to update this beginner's guide. Is anyone from staff able to talk more about this? Okay.

Well, just to highlight that, the staff has begun starting to edit this document. I suggested that what we can do is in time for the next conference call that a wiki page be set up to highlight what the draft version of the beginner's guide, what this looks like so we can then make comments on the beginner's guide, just as how we did for the outreach documents that we had done before in time for Buenos Aires.

I guess that's the action item to be filed, that the wiki page to be set up to [inaudible] draft updated beginner's guide to At-Large Structures so that we can then begin to comment on it when staff is ready to have a draft ready for publishing.

Okay, any other comments or questions on this? I just put this in here, as I say, not to do any deep-dive review, just to raise what's coming up. I see no further questions.

Actually, there is one item for the next meeting in any other business. Yes. Glenn, I noticed that you did comment on the potential for the e-book. Yes, this is also a possibility. I know you're in a noisy environment, but perhaps on the next call, [we] can then begin to talk about the e-book on our next Outreach and Engagement call.

There is one other aspects that perhaps I should also mention, and that is that there is a civil society engagement document and I'll find the link [inaudible] in the chat. This is an e-mail that was sent out to I believe all of the RALOs. And I believe this outreach subcommittee as well.

What this document attempts to describe is that there is a draft civil society engagement overview that's been planned by all of the regional GSEs for civil society engagement in those regions.

The document is available on that wiki page, and comments are – well, [they] invited comments on this possible civil society strategy.

Unfortunately, somebody else – can somebody mute their lines? I'm hearing some overlap here. My apologies.

As I was saying, the civil society engagement overview and document is posted on that wiki page link. Comments are expected I believe by early September. You can use that wiki page to comment on the document and possibly suggest other civil society engagement opportunities.

I'll just read for the record Heidi says also to please be sure the regional events, which might be events which Global Stakeholder Engagement could collaborate on. All right.

The next meeting – well, I'm thinking we should probably stick to two meetings a month. I'm thinking of having the next call on the 31st. My question to you is that [we] try to change the timing of the calls and perhaps make it easier for persons in other regions to participate more effectively?

The next call will be on the 31st of August. My question to the group is whether we should have rotating times for this call. In other words, instead of having it at 18:00 we come up with a Doodle poll to pick another time that's maybe more suitable for other members that are doing this very early in the night or early in the morning. Okay, I see tick

marks from Cheryl and Daniel. Nkem said that the timing is okay as now. I don't see anybody objecting.

With that in mind, let's use a Doodle for an appropriate time on Monday, the 31st of August.

Does anybody have any comments, questions, any other items for business that we think the Outreach and Engagement needs to look at?

Okay, Nkem, go ahead. Your hand is raised, go ahead. Nkem, you may be muted.

TERRI AGNEW:

Hi, Nkem and David. We are still unable to reach you via telephone at this time.

DEV ANAND TEELUCKSINGH:

Nkem, are you able to type your question or comment in the chat, so we can...? Okay. All right, Nkem. Okay, well, unfortunately we're still not able to hear you. What you can do is post your comment onto the mailing list. I've seen some e-mails already, so I know that is working for you. But we are coming up to the top of the hour.

Anybody else? Anybody has any comments, questions, observations? Going once, going twice, going thrice. Excellent. We have three minutes, so step away from the computer.

I'd like to thank everyone for attending this call. Again, I know these calls are coming twice a month, but we do have a lot of work. Have a

great afternoon, morning, evening. And thanks to the Spanish interpreters as well. Take care, all. Bye for now.

TERRI AGNEW: Once again, the meeting has been adjourned. Thank you very much for joining. Please remember to disconnect all remaining lines and have a wonderful rest of your day.

UNIDENTIFIED MALE: Bye, everyone.

[END OF TRANSCRIPTION]