

---

GISELLA GRUBER: Good morning, good afternoon, and good evening to all. Welcome to the At-Large Ad-Hoc New meeting Strategy Drafting Team, on Thursday the 6<sup>th</sup> of August, at 15:00 UTC.

On today's call we have Alan Greenberg, Beran Gillen, Vanda Scartezini, Sébastien Bachollet, Maureen Hilyard, Tijani Ben Jemaa, Yasuichi Kitamura, and Eduardo Diaz.

From staff we have Heidi Ullrich, Terri Agnew, and myself Gisella Gruber.

And if I can please remind everyone to please state their names when speaking for transcript purposes. Thank you and over to you Beran.

BERAN GILLEN: Thank you Gisella.

...with the meeting, so it will be just myself chairing for today. I don't know if you guys have had a chance to look at the agenda for today, but we will be looking at basically updates. We are supposed to look at updates on the meeting C, but unfortunately that won't be until September, the first week in September meeting.

We'll be looking at the in reach and outreach activities, which will be reported by Maureen, and we'll also have a discussion with Eduardo, and hopefully have some [AOB]. Before we do that, Gisella, perhaps you can...

---

*Note: The following is the output resulting from transcribing an audio file into a word/text document. Although the transcription is largely accurate, in some cases may be incomplete or inaccurate due to inaudible passages and grammatical corrections. It is posted as an aid to the original audio file, but should not be treated as an authoritative record.*

---

I'm not in the AC, so maybe you can perhaps pull up the action items of the last meeting, and we can have a look at that and see the things that we are able to get some answers on.

GISELLA GRUBER:

Beran, Gisella here. Absolutely. The action items they are being uploaded onto the Adobe Connect now, and I'll read through them. [Inaudible] being uploaded.

Apologies for the delay. There we go. So the action items from the meeting held on the 23<sup>rd</sup> of July, the first action item, meeting staff to be invited to our next call to provide an update of what the other SO ACs have provided for the new meeting strategy.

An update on that Beran, [inaudible] in an email, is that Nick [inaudible] will be joining Heidi Ullrich on the 3<sup>rd</sup> September, the new meeting strategy drafting team call on that day. And he will be given us an update then. We don't have much more of an update at this stage. The second, Heidi, sorry. Apologies. Heidi, would you like to add anything to that?

HEIDI ULLRICH:

No that is perfect. We just also want to let you know that there is going to absolutely the [inaudible] information on the third, so we'll have the latest information.

BERAN GILLEN:

Okay, that's great. Thank you Heidi. Please go ahead Gisella.

---

GISELLA GRUBER: A second action item, Maureen Hilyard to send an email for more input on the think tank. Maureen, over to you on that one.

MAUREEN HILYARD: Thank you Gisella. Maureen for the record. Yes I did send an email out, and I just sort of like didn't get anymore [inaudible] putting a comment on many text who found [inaudible] for their contributions. But, yeah, we've thrown together some information and we can talk about that later. Thank you.

BERAN GILLEN: Okay. Thank you Maureen. Please go ahead... Does anyone have anything to add again? I'm not on the AC. Gisella, you'll have to be my eyes on this one, if anyone that has their hand up, please help me to get them to take the floor.

GISELLA GRUBER: Yes. Gisella here. Absolutely, I will let you know if there are any hands up. If you just bear with me for one minute. A window seems to have just popped up randomly on the screen. [Inaudible] have disappeared [inaudible]...

Sorry, my AC screen has disappeared. I'm still here. Let's, there we go, apologies. Good. Action item, [inaudible] to be drafted for in reach and outreach for meeting B. There was no one assigned to that action item Beran.

---

BERAN GILLEN: That was supposed to be sort of an output from the idea that we were supposed to get from Maureen getting more people onboard, but I guess we can get to that on the agenda, when we get to agenda item number four.

GISELLA GRUBER: Yes, wonderful. Fourth action item, Heidi Ullrich to confirm whether any additional funding are available for ALAC outreach. I know that she has followed up on that, and I will pass it over to Heidi.

HEIDI ULLRICH: Thank you Gisella. So that one is not completed yet, because basically, it is in progress. So I think the first think is this group could develop what they would like for these outreach meetings, and then contribute that to the internal discussion. So I think it's going to be a bit of a two way dialogue, but you know, I think internally, we're starting to work on what it is being developed, but if we can hear from you, that would really help in developing what's going to be happening, and if there are any funds available. Thank you.

BERAN GILLEN: Thank you Heidi. I just have a question to add on to that. If we have to come up with the ideas before we confirm the funding, wouldn't that be putting the cart before the horse?

---

HEIDI ULLRICH: Again, this is Heidi. I'm not guaranteeing any funding is available. I'm just saying that before a response of whether funding is available, the ideas and the deliverables, why that funding would be needed.

BERAN GILLEN: Okay. Sort of like a justification for actually getting the funding in the first place.

HEIDI ULLRICH: Correct.

BERAN GILLEN: Okay. Thank you Heidi. Does anyone have any more questions with regards to that? I know Alan was the one that brought this up. I don't know if you have anything that you wanted to add to that.

ALAN GREENBERG: No, not really. This is Alan speaking. In a different world, I think it should have been done somewhat differently. We should have had the forethought to have asked for funding for this, and ICANN should have allocated the budget regardless, to be held in reserve to allow for such things. But apparently neither of those was done, so we bare the blame as much as anyone else.

BERAN GILLEN: Okay. Thank you Alan. Gisella, any more action items?

---

GISELLA GRUBER: Yes, Beran. Just the last one is, Heidi Ullrich to find out who made the rule of, no meetings could be held outside of the windows specified in the new meeting strategy? And to whom does this rule apply, Board, GAC, SO AC roundtables, etc. It has been ticked off, so I'll leave the floor to Heidi.

HEIDI ULLRICH: Thank you Gisella. So we did bring this up to meeting staff, and the response was, well it was actually the meeting strategy working group who set that. They had heard from the community that the meetings were stretching out too long, so they wanted to say, look, these are the days that meetings can be held.

So but for meeting B, I also want to stress that, even though the ALT will likely not be able to be held on that Friday, throughout those four days, they are totally focused on inter and intra AC SO work. So during those four days, there is a lot more time for all of these meetings to take place. So the thought, I believe, is in those four days, the number of meetings that, including the ALT, could be held.

BERAN GILLEN: Okay. I'm going to put Alan, sorry Heidi. Are you done?

HEIDI ULLRICH: No, that was it, that was it.

---

BERAN GILLEN: Okay. I'm going to try to put Alan's question in another way. So I'm going to probably to have the same answer, but I'll try anyway. So does this mean that the approval dates would just be a day before the meeting start, and the day after the meeting ends? And if that is correct, then the day after the meeting ends, we're not authorized to have any meetings all, even if you are onsite.

HEIDI ULLRICH: Yes. My understanding, again, from meeting staff is yes, meetings will only be held both the formal days of the meetings. And you know, you can still put your requests in, and we'll see what happens. But I would assume for the most part, that again, there is not going... Meeting staff will not be observing space outside those days.

The one exception will be the AC SO SG RALO chairs meeting, and that has traditionally be held for about four hours or so, the day before the meeting. And that would take place again on Fridays, for I believe it's [ANC] and Sunday evenings for meeting B.

BERAN GILLEN: Thank you Heidi. Again, this point was also brought up by Alan. I don't know if you want to add anything on to it. Alan?

---

ALAN GREENBERG: Thank you very much. My only comment is, I find this rather paternalistic, trying to protect us from ourselves, but thank you very much.

BERAN GILLEN: Thank you Alan. [Inaudible] action items?

ALAN GREENBERG: Sorry, say that again?

GISELLA GRUBER: Yes, Gisella here. We've completed the action items.

BERAN GILLEN: Alan, I just said is that the end of the action items, whether we had any more action items.

ALAN GREENBERG: Thank you. I just missed the wording.

BERAN GILLEN: Okay. In that case, we'll move on to agenda item number three, which would be a short, is supposed to be a short update on the different meetings, this is supposed to be done by the meetings team, but the email exchange that I had with Gisella, and she's just confirmed that we will be getting more information on these different meetings, hot off



---

the press, as she put it, on our next meeting in September, the first week of September.

In the meantime, there are some updates from the GNSO, for example, they've updated their meeting B structure. and if Gisella could put that up on the AC, and you can have a look at it. Again, as [Rafid] had shared with us in the first meeting of this working party, the GNSO isn't really changing much of what it actually does in any of its meetings, with regards to meeting B.

It's business as usual, as [Erin] put it the last meeting. So we don't really have much to glean on from their strategy. Gisella, are there any other ACs and SOs that have actually updated their meeting B strategy, other than GNSO?

GISELLA GRUBER:

Beran, Gisella here. Yes, the SSAC and just bear with me for a couple of seconds, as the document uploads into the AC room, and I will also put the link into the chat for everyone to be able to see at their computer. You will see how the latest version is looking and how it will be completed, as and when people put forward the draft for the new meeting schedule.

Will make much more sense as soon as you have the visual.

ALAN GREENBERG:

The IPC is the other group that has submitted something. It's Alan speaking.

---

GISELLA GRUBER: Thank you. [CROSSTALK]

BERAN GILLEN: I didn't see the IPC update. It's on the link that Gisella shared with me. I don't know, Alan did they do that recently? Or they didn't update it...

ALAN GREENBERG: I don't know. I heard it mentioned. I haven't looked at it myself. IPC is intellectual property constituency, Maureen.

HEIDI ULLRICH: This Is Heidi. Just to let you know, I did send the link that Gisella is putting up into the AC room, to the list. So everyone should have that in their inbox. And I also asked whether groups could start putting their draft schedule up on this page, so all of the other groups can start looking at what the ALAC is starting to think about.

And the meeting staff did agree that yes, ALAC could put up a draft, and then for, I would assume that as more and more groups do that, they might see what others are planning, and they will Tweet theirs to fit in. And I think that the webinar in mid-September is one of those plans, I believe, is to show what all groups have been doing, so the groups can start interacting together in their plans. Thank you.

---

BERAN GILLEN:

Thank you Heidi. Well, I've had a look at the message, well like I said earlier, I haven't really, I don't really see anything that we can glean off of what is up there right now. The SSAC is doing mostly internal work, and internal meetings and so is the GNSO. There isn't much happening other than, with the SSAC, other than the usual SSAC for the community.

So I don't know if Maureen wants to comment on this, this actually leads to agenda item number four, to actually see where we're headed in that regard, and how we want to approach it. I've read some of the Wiki comments, I've seen what Vanda had put up, and I think that's a wonderful idea of actually just stretching the outreach across all of the days rather than just having one day of outreach.

But what I did notice is that, I also pointed out in the Wiki, is that we haven't really looked much at in reach, apart from normal meetings that we have. Are we going to do anything extraordinary other than the RALO leadership meetings? I suggest that probably having a RALO Secretariat cross-RALO Secretariat meeting as an in reach item on our meeting B. So Maureen, you're welcome to take the floor. We're moving on to agenda item number four, because I believe they're interrelated.

Perhaps you can give us a, what you've been doing so far, and the way forward, and how we can put up something, some sort of a draft on the Wiki. Maureen?

---

MAUREEN HILYARD: [CROSSTALK] Yes, I just saw that Eduardo has put his hand up, and I wondered if he wanted to comment on something before I start.

EDUARDO DIAZ: Yes, I want to comment. This is Eduardo for the record. Page, where they schedule, where the schedule planning is. How do we get the information to that page? Do we send it to staff and staff put it in there? Is it modified by staff? I just want to have an idea.

HEIDI ULLRICH: This is Heidi. Eduardo, if I may answer that? I think that you can send it to At-Large staff, and they will make sure it gets to the right person.

EDUARDO DIAZ: Okay, thank you.

UNKNOWN SPEAKER: [Inaudible]

MAUREEN HILYARD: Thank you Beran. Maureen for the record. Terri, do I have the Wiki page up? I was actually asked at our last meeting to put together a list of sort of like coordinated list of ideas that have actually been raised, or haven't been raised and I'll put it anyway, of things that we might be able to propose to ALAC.

---

I'm assuming... I mean, I've been part of this think tank, I mean, as I've mentioned, Vanda and [inaudible] we have been the ones that have been contributing really to think, and I thank them very much, even though I did ask beyond the group. Gisella, is the Wiki page, the actually has sort of like got all of the... So I think it's Eduardo's [inaudible] page, and below that we've got all of the activities. Yeah, all of the contributions that were made to the think tank.

Great, yes, thank you. It's that page. Eduardo has just listed it. I think when I was going through the list of ideas, I did sort of like realize that it wasn't something that you could just go to the event, just turn up to. So there is actually quite a lot of preparation and a lot of local coordination that needs to take place before we even get there on the actual outreach day.

And also, my thinking is actually kept to, as Sébastien sort of like proposed, that we have one day of doing outreach, actual outreach and getting out to the community. Beran, I take note of what you were talking about with regards to in reach. And I think that if we can do things a little bit differently in the way that we do our work during that meeting as an ALAC, as the ALAC, that our internal meetings could introduce in reach activities. [Inaudible]... but it's part of our normal activities, but perhaps be a little bit more inclusive of other ALAC participants.

And also having just come from the At-Large people, the working groups, I see that the way of in reach is also, could be directed more to the domain of the capacity building working group. But if you can get

---

into the drafting team link that Eduardo has put in the chat, and have to look at some of the ideas that are actually sort of like listed here.

For example, one of the things that we were looking at is that before even arriving there, there needs to be a lot of liaison work, some sort of like local coordination group, to sort of like actually a lot of the meetings and organizing logistics, and there is quite a lot of tech work which could actually be done, that really needs to be done before we get there.

So that when we arrive, it's [inaudible] that we're looking at. So we need to be, sort of need to be up and running so that we just go into work, and [inaudible] for doing what it is that we tried to do. There is a lot of pre-visit stuff that could actually be organized in preparation for making visits. Like when we go to meet [inaudible], whatever we do at these outreach activities, [inaudible] sustainable. And, you know, we've been looking at in the capacity building working groups, looking at sorry, and also in the outreach and engagement working groups, looking at how we could sort of like prepare those groups for a little more about ICANN ALAC.

And there are lots of, you know, I mean, ideas here that really can be taken onboard. Probably not necessarily by the ALAC itself, but involving staff, I think, clear, sort of like, what are some ways heading just... Our last meeting was really good [inaudible] looked through here and see what they might be able to [inaudible]... program.

And then we get to the actual outreach day. And again, I'm taking it back to the fact that I'm looking at it from Monday as being the

---

outreach day, of what we might propose to do. Vanda mentioned that the DNS women are actually going to be doing some outreach themselves, which is excellent. So that, the DNS women are actually sort of like into, usually on the Monday morning, also getting involved into the outreach activity.

I think that, one of the things that I was talking yesterday to was the fact that, getting engaged with university. There are lots of ways in which we can do that. And [inaudible] also mentioned the research [inaudible] and Vanda has already has contact with them. So it's great to know that there is already some way that we can get into that sort of like system.

But also look at involving other parts of the ICANN system, for example the Fellowship program and so forth, Next Generation, we need to be able to bring those people to the university would be a great place to involve young people. The media is going to be really important, it's going and doing all of these things where it's just like sort of like, you know, [inaudible].

I don't think that we're going to be [inaudible] with all the questions, but if we say it's fine, I think we need to be, sort of like, there needs to be a lot of... The outreach could be the same by having once more media input. Is, as I've mentioned before, I think sort of... If it's agreeable with the people that we're actually working with in other sections, and they agree to actually work with us, [inaudible] a way in which we could incorporate both groups, to get together in some sort of activity.

---

And of course, during which, and this is probably more looking at it from an outreach and an in reach perspective, because there are some ideas that can be considered. I'm sort of like thinking that this is just a list of ideas, and of course there could be more, but they have to be sort of like proposed to the, to other, yeah. There needs to be a bigger group of ALAC members to actually put together something that's actually going to be reasonable and also, once we actually identify where the specific meeting is going to be held, the sorts of issues that Vanda raised, you know, about the fact that, you know, it is [inaudible] local language.

You know, we need to be able to communicate, [inaudible] the speakers. But we need to make sure that we know the local [inaudible] are now seen as well. They're going to be working very hard [inaudible]. So yeah, so that's what I have prepared for this [inaudible]...

BERAN GILLEN:

Thank you Maureen. Again, just to suggest, you can follow the link that Eduardo has posted on Maureen's ideas. I think there are some really good ideas that her and Vanda and [inaudible] have put up. But I agree, maybe we need to actually start putting those ideas together, and possibly reeling them in and trying to decide which ones we're going to choose to do for the next upcoming meeting B, for example. So perhaps we need to, through the drafting team start identifying, or to the subgroups that I suggested on my comment on the Wiki. Perhaps have subgroups identify the areas that we want to go into, in each of the regions that we are going to be having this meeting B, and then start planning towards them, because I think that this needs to go to



---

planning, and pre-drafting, and engagement prior to actually being on the ground.

So we need to start thinking of these things, then again meeting B is just second quarter next year, right after Marrakesh meeting. So we, technically if we want to have all of that, the priors and all of that information ready to send out to these areas before we get on the ground, we would need to start working on those strategies right now. Gisella, you're my eyes, so if there is anyone that has their hand up, if not I would like to invite Vanda to maybe add to that, or Yasuichi, or perhaps Eduardo.

VANDA SCARTEZINI: Okay. Thank you. Vanda is speaking. May I?

GISELLA GRUBER: Just to say, Vanda has her hand up as well as Eduardo. Thank you.

VANDA SCARTEZINI: Okay. Well, just a suggestion, since the next B meeting will be held in probably Panama or some place around the Latin America area, I believe that we should start with an exercise. And I believe that Eduardo can also help. And we can, I myself and Eduardo maybe, can suggest a concrete proposal for outreach, for instance. And who is going to be in there, what group we can get, and who can help and some of very concrete suggestions for this next one, and then we put in the Wiki and we can discuss about that in the concrete, you know, proposals for the next B model.

---

Because if we don't do that, I do believe that we're going to, you know, slip around and do not find out what the whether we can do it today, and [inaudible] and because it's a good preparation. We have time for that. So if we start to put really the reality on our thoughts, I do believe we can improve our discussion. Thank you.

BERAN GILLEN:

Thank you Vanda. I agree, that's why we don't even... We think we have time, but we don't really have time. And since we already have an idea of when [inaudible] regionalized, we can perhaps start working on that. And Eduardo, as you said, will be a great help in that regard. Eduardo, do you want to take the floor? Please go ahead.

EDUARDO DIAZ:

Thanks. This is Eduardo. I would say that, in the comments from Maureen, I think she has very good ideas in the Wiki, and Vanda, and I agree with Vanda that we should, you know, we should start putting something right. I don't think we should get very detail, and for example, when we talk about an outreach day, we may want to generalize this as an outreach slash in reach, and the reason I'm saying this is because we don't know what meeting B is going to be, and it may be very hard to go out of the ICANN facility to do something.

So we might do something in the ICANN facility that can be in reach or outreach. So we don't know, we can say outreach slash in reach. The closer we get to that meeting B, then we'll know more what things we can do or not. And again, we don't know about the budget yet, so that's another issue, that we will know once things start getting into shape.

---

So I realize, I really suggest, I think, the idea of putting something valuable that we can look at, you know, with all of these ideas, is very good. And you know, by the next meeting we should have, between now and the next meeting we should have something very concrete for the outreach.

The other question that I have is, do we really want to do outreach and in reach every day to throughout the week. We just want to do it the first day and then concentrate on doing inter work for the rest of the week. Maybe we can do this after we do all the work, like working activity, showcase, and by some of the people we invited on the first day to the ICANN networking.

That's an idea that comes to my mind. Because getting in reach and outreach activities at the end of the day, within the working time of the inter work difficult, not only with ALAC, but with other SOs or ACs. Thank you.

BERAN GILLEN:

Thank you Eduardo. I do have something to add, but I'll let Sébastien take the floor. I believe Sébastien, you have your hand up.

SEASTIEN BACHOLLET:

Yes, thank you very much Beran. It's Sébastien Bachollet. I wanted to, what to say. Really, I understand that we mix outreach and in reach was, and I again say, that what we've done in Africa, in Durban, where the community went to place and do something for the people in the

---

region. It was a school, and the idea is really to go out, not to stay within our facility and to have another meeting, and so on.

We may end up to do some, how to exactly, invite people to come, but really the idea is for us and us [inaudible] in all of the community, to go out and to do things with and for the community there. In reach, it's really something, from my point of view, different. It must not be mixed with outreach.

We need to find time for that, and it could be done during the week. If we take the example of the day of the meeting, if we take the example with what some RALO have done about some training of the ALS and other new people from At-Large in the morning early, like the Fellows. It's something we may consider for in reach activities specifically.

But please, the idea is to have one day on those days to do outreach. Now we must define what we want to do. And the idea of Vanda to, sorry, to have a team working on that now. We know that it will be in Latin America and Caribbean, unfortunately we don't know yet the country.

That's a pity because, and I hope that it will come soon, because depending on where we are going, we may end up to have already At-Large structure or not. We need to evolve them to this working group to carry out, to define what we will do for outreach. If we don't have, we need to find a way to have some local contact, through this TLDs through the government [inaudible], and maybe through other organizations.

---

But it will be something a little bit different. And I heard different names for the place where we may go to be meeting next year. And it's really good to say yes, let's go, it will be Panama. It may be, but there are other places considered, and it stands a lot. But if we start by a small working group with the people from the region, and the people who want to help, it would be great. Thank you very much.

BERAN GILLEN:

Thank you Sébastien. I do have something to add to what you said, which is what Eduardo suggested, that we might be limited with regards to funding, or we might not necessarily have any funding at all. So coming up with outreach activities might be a bit of a challenge, in my opinion, but then again, we can still come up with activities that are quite plenty in nature with regard to funding requirements, and then hopefully, we'll be able to come up with a little bit of money, and not necessarily need that much.

We just [inaudible] and we are contained by funding, if we do decide to go out. I do have a question Sébastien, did the meeting strategy factor in any form of costing? Or was it just something that was left to ICANN to decide or for the AC SOs to request? Or what did the meeting strategy...? Did they have any plans with regards to funding when they come up with the idea of the outreach?

SEBASTIEN BACHOLLET:

It's Sébastien. I can answer your questions directly. As the question of budget was outside of the scope of the meeting strategy working group. The cost of the meeting itself, the cost of the travel, the cost of the

---

hotel, and the cost of any of the activity during the meeting, must be taken into the budget of the meeting.

I consider that if we don't ask to go to the other side of the continent to have a meeting, if we do something locally, we will have no problem with the budget. If we need a little more, it's a good question but you know, at the end, we will decrease the cost of the meeting B, or we will decrease of some part of the meeting, for the meeting B, then part of this money can go, or must go to outreach. And I don't see too much trouble with asking a budget if we think if we need one.

It's something we need to figure out. And if we start this small working group specifically on this issue, I think it will be a good output, to say okay, we imagine to go to different meetings with At-Large structure, with purpose of At-Large structure, in the city or in the country. And we need x, y dollars and ask for them. Thank you.

BERAN GILLEN:

Thank you. We do have 14 minutes on the clock. We are going to do this very quickly. We still have one more diagram, which I thought we have already delved into already. But just to have an action item, Gisella, if I can just ask that you put up an action item for a small subgroup to be formed, mainly targeting the Latin American regions with regards to the upcoming meeting B, creating a subgroup to sort of put ideas together and start strategizing for the first meeting B.

Vanda, would you like to lead that effort, or perhaps...?

---

VANDA SCARTEZINI: Yeah, yeah. Yeah. I believe mostly in Latin America... Sorry, Vanda speaking. In Latin America, most of the countries that we know, what is the organizations that we can reach. And if it's in Central America, for instance, one or another country, they have similar organizations. South America is the same.

So we have, in the Caribbean, is another kind of organization, and they can have also similar structure. So we can put the general names of that, like we are discussing in the week. There is this same group that you can find in each country here, and the big network that covers all the region. So, it's not difficult to put some formal structure, to reach them.

Then we wait for the country and for the names on that. It's just the general idea to have it more clear what we can do or what we cannot do.

BERAN GILLEN: Thank you Vanda. I do have quite a list here. I have Maureen, and then Tijani, and then Sébastien. We do have four minutes on the clock. Maureen, okay, Sébastien has dropped. We'll have Maureen and then Tijani. Please go ahead Maureen.

MAUREEN HILYARD: Thank you. Thank you Beran. Maureen for the record. Just to, I'd like to support, to go along with [inaudible] along the lines of what Heidi suggested, that we plan to provide an outreach program. And if Vanda

---

and Eduardo can do that. [Inaudible] different stakeholder groups, because I know what [inaudible] suggested would like to do.

Especialy those that are impacted in some way by the [inaudible]. And I think that if we, in the planning of this program, we have [inaudible] of what we want to do, and [inaudible]... And there are [inaudible]...

Then you know, we can hopefully, feel justified in [inaudible] funding for what it is that we want to do. Thank you.

BERAN GILLEN:

Thank you Maureen. I completely agree. I think just as Sébastien said, this is something that is reasonable and that is in limits, I don't think will be a problem getting approval. Tijani, you have the floor.

TIJANI BEN JEMAA:

Thank you very much Beran. I think that the outreach was thought of during the meeting strategy working group as an outreach for the people of the country where we will hold the meeting. So we need to go to them. And I don't think there is an issue for money for us. We are representatives of the end users. So we are end users and we have to reach out to the end users.

So and end users are everywhere, [inaudible]. Even if we don't have an ALS in this country. There is a network of universities that we can have universities where we can go, and we can... This is something that we have to prepare ahead of the meeting. We have to add contacts before, and organize meetings in the universities, with the civil society organization.



---

There is also a network of civil society, and we can use this network to identify the organizations to which we can grow and which [inaudible]. So this is something that we need to do because it is a duty for us. And I don't think that there is an issue of money. We don't need money to go to university in the town where we are meeting.

There is no need of money to go to a civil society organization, to attend... Perhaps we will make them, organize [inaudible] that we will attend, and meet, we will speak, and we will try to explain to people what is ICANN, why they need to come to ICANN, why we need them to come to ICANN, why we need the voice of the end user to be heard, etc.

So, I think this is something that we can do and then no issue of money. If we want to go to other towns, we can, but let's start by the [inaudible]. Things that we can do. Things that they are easy to do, and I think we need to do them because they are our duty. Thank you.

BERAN GILLEN: Thank you Tijani. I still see Maureen's hand up. Is that an old hand Maureen or a new hand?

MAUREEN HILYARD: Sorry Beran, it's not my hand.

BERAN GILLEN: Okay. All right. Thank you. Do we have anyone else that wants to take the floor? Gisella, I think my machine is acting up here, so if you can help me.

---

GISELLA GRUBER: Beran, Gisella here. Nkem Nweke would like to have the floor please.

BERAN GILLEN: Okay. Okay Nkem, please go ahead.

VANDA SCARTEZINI: I'm not hearing him.

BERAN GILLEN: Nkem, please go ahead. You have the floor. This is Beran for the record.

Maybe we lost him?

VANDA SCARTEZINI: No, he is there in the Adobe.

GISELLA GRUBER: Beran, it's Gisella here, we only have him in the Adobe Connect, and he's on microphone, it's active. I'm not sure it has been activated. He seems to be on a portable device, hence the issues to joining.

BERAN GILLEN: Okay. Have to move on, and maybe Nkem can join us later and take the floor when he comes back online. The next agenda item, we still have

---

six minutes on the call, before I move to the next agenda item, I just want to wrap up on this discussion. So we will create a small subgroup, which will be mainly formed for the LAC region for strategizing the first meeting B in Latin America, and this will be headed by Vanda.

So Gisella, you can go ahead and put that in brackets, that it will be headed by Vanda. She has volunteered for that.

We're going to move to the next agenda item. Eduardo, do you want to... I know that we [inaudible] into your time, but do you want to, I know that this actually will feed into the action item that we brought up now, because most of the ideas will be going into there. But please go ahead if you have anything to add on the item before we had.

EDUARDO DIAZ:

This is Eduardo. I don't have anything more to add. I'm really would like to see how the meeting is, shakes up, because it will really lead the others ones around it. So it's one somehow, you know, so also get it will be, it will be easier to shuffle the other ones.

So [inaudible] have to say. But I think by the next meeting we should have something more concrete for meeting B. That I can say. Thank you.

BERAN GILLEN:

Thank you Eduardo. I agree. We should have something by the next meeting, it will be on the 20<sup>th</sup> of August. That's the next agenda item. And we move on to AOB. As Gisella and I have pointed out, Heidi will be going to Istanbul for a meeting, regarding this new meeting strategy on

---

the 3<sup>rd</sup> of September. And because the meeting will be ongoing in Istanbul, on that 3<sup>rd</sup> of September, we are scheduled to have a meeting.

So, it is suggested time change on that meeting. Instead of the normal 15:00 UTC, we'd like to move the meeting to 15:30 UTC, so we can have Heidi and Nick [inaudible] on the call. Does anyone have anything against changing the time half an hour later? Anyone?

UNKNOWN SPEAKER: No problem for me.

MAUREEN HILYARD: Beran, this is Maureen for the record. Just putting in my apologies for that particular meeting. I'm going to [inaudible]...

BERAN GILLEN: I'm sorry Maureen, I missed that.

MAUREEN HILYARD: I just wanted to say [CROSSTALK]...

BERAN GILLEN: All right. That's okay, we would have loved to have you onboard, but nevertheless, there are always transcripts. So I'm sure you'll be able to keep up through those. Is there anyone else that has a problem with a 30 minute shift over to 15:30 UTC?

---

UNKNOWN SPEAKER: No.

BERAN GILLEN: Going once, going twice, thanks. 15:30 it is moved. Gisella, you can note that down, the timing for the 3<sup>rd</sup> of September, with the 15:30 UTC for the meeting. Any other business?

Nope? Complete silence. And we finish three minutes early. So Gisella if we can have an initial email sent out for anyone who is interested in joining the subgroup, but we would mainly want people from the LAC region to be the main ones pushing this, but we would still invite others, open group, we would invite others with ideas, of course, to join, and bring in their ideas on how to move ahead.

Hopefully, within the next two weeks, we will have something to present to the meeting by the 20<sup>th</sup> of August. Again, the next meeting would be Thursday, the 20<sup>th</sup> of August at 15:00 UTC. Thank you everyone, thank you for joining. Goodbye.

**[END OF TRANSCRIPTION]**