

---

IOANA STUPARIU:

If you could start? Okay. So, we are now officially starting the September membership meeting of NPOC. I am Ioana Stupariu. I am currently the membership chair. This should be our last meeting in these EC components before the switch takes place in October. Right.

So, what we have prepared for today's meeting is now on the screen. A first point which we thought it would be nice to cover would be, actually, something that should have been done from the first meeting, "get to know each other" point, because we realized that we were discussing on the NPOC charter, and outreach, and elections, that we don't really know what each of us is doing/each of our organizations are doing.

So, it would be nice to sort of give the floor to all of our members, including EC members, to briefly introduce our organizations and how we are connected to ICANN, what are each of our interests in ICANN, and how our activity would be relevant from the perspective of DNS abuse and other aspects of Internet operation.

So, just a sort of very brief, "What does your organization do?" Maybe that could be interesting for some of us or for some of our members. But since we don't have many members—we are just ten of us at this point, eight without Mariam and Brenda—if anyone wants to start, that would be great. So, just a couple of words about your organization would be nice. Maybe people from the EC would like to start?

---

*Note: The following is the output resulting from transcribing an audio file into a word/text document. Although the transcription is largely accurate, in some cases may be incomplete or inaccurate due to inaudible passages and grammatical corrections. It is posted as an aid to the original audio file, but should not be treated as an authoritative record.*

---

JOAN KERR: Oh, okay. I was going to say the guests should start first, but maybe I'll start, if that's okay, then, just to get it going?

IOANA STUPARIU: Yeah, just to set the tone.

JOAN KERR: Sure. So, it's Joan Kerr. My organization in NPOC is the Foundation for Building Sustainable Communities. It was incorporated in 2003 and its mandate was ... It had, actually, two mandates. One is to preserve and repair the environment and to ameliorate the living conditions of the underprivileged. Our programs include food and agriculture, technology, and storytelling.

And so, we've hosted, in the last 17 years, over 23 events, as well as have annual programs. We always say that, if we can have people preserving and repairing the environment in a fun way ... So, we give them actions on what they should do. 2020, we have decided to do more economic development.

So, we're in five different countries, working with a number of collaborators in those countries, and with economic development, victory gardens, Internet governances, programs, things like that. So, rolling out our global program.

We're also an ECOSOC-accredited organization for the UN. And so, we participate in the multi-stakeholder model for not-for-profits in the UN, as well. I think that's a quick synopsis of what we do. Thanks.

IOANA STUPARIU: That's great, Joan. I was wondering, what aspects are you also interested specifically within ICANN? And that's a question for everyone because that may help us pinpoint specific matters of interest for our members.

JOAN KERR: Yeah. So, I'll just give a story, and maybe that will tell people why I got involved. I had a domain name, a very credible domain name of an international project that was ... I went to renew it in ... I purchased it in 2004. It was an international project. We only had it for one year. The project was only supposed to be six months.

It was just, we thought, a fun project, but it ended up being really rigorous. We had 60 countries involved, so it became a high-level interaction. And so, we tried to then renew it, and the registrar did not renew it at all. Then the next day, when it was ... We couldn't renew it. A new website came up with the name, so they stole the name.

And so I set out—I didn't know anything about ICANN at the time—to ... I think, "Well, lots of not-for-profits must go through these sorts of issues of not knowing where to go, who is responsible," that kind of thing. And so, ownership of domain names or use of domain names became an issue for me, and that's how I got involved with ICANN.

IOANA STUPARIU: That's great, Joan. Thank you. Anyone else that would like to go on? Just a brief introduction.

---

---

JOHN MORE: John More.

IOANA STUPARIU: Hi, John.

JOHN MORE: So, I came into ICANN through meeting Glenn McKnight. I've been with ISOC since the early 2000s, very active in the DC chapter, and done other things, basically, for ISOC and legal/organizational things.

I like the concept of having the members and the input from ICANN. I've been to ICANN meetings and ARIN meetings. I'm interested in how to engage more organizations in the process.

IOANA STUPARIU: That's great. That's great. That's a very good point about outreach and involving more organizations in the process, which I think is on our agenda for later, as well. So thanks, John. Who else wants to be next?

REMMY NWEKE: [Hello, Ioana].

IOANA STUPARIU: Hi, Remmy.

---

REMMY NWEKE: Yeah. Good afternoon from Lagos. Yeah. To everyone, good afternoon. I hope [you can hear me]. For me, I work with DigitalSENSE Africa [inaudible]. I've been in the industry for close to [inaudible]. [inaudible] Africa [inaudible] multi-stakeholder environment. Can you hear me now? No?

IOANA STUPARIU: It's better.

REMMY NWEKE: Okay. So, for us, [I've been] [inaudible] since the '09. We started in [inaudible] Internet governance development, where we [tried] to [inaudible] share knowledge regarding Internet governance and multi-stakeholder, especially for youth and women [inaudible] and try to change the narrative for positively towards engaging on Internet for positive [using.] And in 2011, [inaudible] to organize our knowledge, trying to [inaudible] the [enlightenment] around [inaudible].

We are also a member of ISOC in Nigeria, as well as a member of the Internet Governance Forum, multi-stakeholder working group where we also tried to contribute [inaudible]. All of them are [inaudible] part of the NPOC in terms of helping to engage [multi-stakeholder policy making] organization. In Africa, currently, I'm the vice-chair/vice-president for African Civil Society on the Information Society, which has the mandate to engage and bring on board nongovernmental organizations [inaudible] [information society]. Thank you.

---

IOANA STUPARIU: Okay. It was a bit hard to hear, at least for me, but thank you, Remmy, for the introduction. I hope the other members could hear you better, or at least the recording will be better. Okay. Great. Who else? Just quickly finish the round table. Jackie or Raoul, would you like to introduce your ...? Yeah, I see your hand, Raoul.

RAOUL PLOMMER: Okay. My name is Raoul Plommer. I'm from the Open Knowledge Finland. Open Knowledge Finland has been made in the noughties for, basically, opening up data, creating more transparent societies, and making full use of all the data that the governments hoard, for example.

Open Knowledge Finland is a chapter of the Open Knowledge International, which is based in London. It has, I think, about 30 chapters around the world. Now, I think Open Knowledge Finland hasn't had, really, problems with the DNS that much, but we felt that it would be relevant for at least on Open Knowledge chapter to start opening up the ICANN data.

Now, there has been some development since we joined, but I think it is still very much in a development phase. So, I think it's going to take another year to actually be able to know what we can demand for. But yeah, that's enough about me. Next one, please.

IOANA STUPARIU: Thanks, Raoul. I think we Emmanuel and Raymond joining us, as well. Jackie, you're next, and then Emmanuel and Raymond. If you could also introduce, briefly, your organization, that would be great. We are now at

---

the get-to-know-each-other part in the agenda. Thanks. You have the floor, Jackie.

JACQUELINE MORRIS: Thank you. Hi. I'm Jacqueline Morris from ISOC Trinidad and Tobago. I think ISOC Trinidad and Tobago has been involved in NPOC from early days and our previous representative, Cintra Sooknanan. I have just taken [inaudible] into NPOC. I've been involved in Internet governance since [inaudible], and I've spent most of my time in ICANN in the At-Large, and now I'm NPOC-ing. But ISOC TT has been in NPOC since the beginning. Before me, Cintra started, and then Tracy Hackshaw, and I'm the newest member.

IOANA STUPARIU: Welcome, Jackie. I'm happy to have you on board. All right. Raymond is going to write his intro. I think his mic is not working. So, who else wants to go on?

EMMANUEL VITUS: Can you hear?

IOANA STUPARIU: Hi, Emmanuel. Hi.

EMMANUEL AGBENONWOSSI: Hi. Good afternoon/good morning, depending on where you guys are. My name is Emmanuel Vitus. I actually represent Afrotribune with the NPOC.

---

Afrotribune is based in Togo and work to promote and advance [to get our] rights in a country by the research-focused organization. But professionally, I work with PAL Initiative. I'm the communication [leads]. PAL Initiative is a pan-African organization with offices in five countries and work to promote digital inclusion and digital rights on the continent. Thank you.

IOANA STUPARIU: Thank you, Emmanuel. That was great. Is there anyone else that hasn't introduced? Ore, maybe? Ore, not sure if you want—

OREOLUWA LESI: Hi.

IOANA STUPARIU: Yeah, hi.

OREOLUWA LESI: Hi, everyone. My name is Oreoluwa Lesi, but you can call me Ore. So, Outgoing Secretariat and Incoming Communications Committee Chair. My day job, I run a non-profit organization called "The Women's Technology Empowerment Center." Our work revolves around nurturing the next generation of female technology leaders, entrepreneurs, and creators.

So, we have ... Sorry, no. I'm in a meeting. We have camps, we have after-school clubs, and we have mentorship programs. I've been involved in



---

ICANN—well, NPOC—since ... Technically, I joined about 2011, but I became active in 2018.

IOANA STUPARIU: That's great. And you're representing [inaudible] the Women in—

OREOLUWA LESI: Sorry?

IOANA STUPARIU: And you are representing, within NPOC, the Women in Technology Organization, right?

OREOLUWA LESI: Yes, and I believe Jacqueline also does that, too.

IOANA STUPARIU: That's great. See, it's much easier, now, to associate each other with the organization, so it's good like this. All right. I think I haven't introduced my organization, so just a very short intro on it. I'm running multiple NGOs, but I'm representing, here, Lawyr.it, which is an online platform for law students in Europe.

Basically, we are promoting users' rights online, so this is why we are interested in ICANN, and domain name abuse, and freedom of expression online, and others; such rights in the online environment. And we are members of NPOC for, I think, two years now, with other colleagues of

---

mine joining just as ... Represent a more silent participant in the discussions, let's just say it like that.

Okay. If there is no one else ... Is there anyone else that would like to introduce their organizations? I think we covered everyone. Raymond is supposed to write on the chat, which is great.

I propose to go to the next point, which is basically have an overview of what has happened in the last month, because the last membership meeting—official one—was in April. And then, we had some election-related meetings in which we introduced the candidates for the positions, the electable positions, and that was our last official meeting.

In this part, we would just like to show you the outcome of the election process. We have the outgoing EC members. You can see their names and positions, here. It is basically Joan. Actually, Brenda, can you put it up a bit? Yeah.

So, from the previous EC members, we are actually saying goodbye to Joan—she is no longer going to be in the new EC composition—as well as to Carlos, the Policy Committee Chair, and we are saying welcome to two new additions to the EC Committee. The Executive Committee, yeah.

Jacqueline and Emmanuel. You have already met Emmanuel and Jacqueline. Emmanuel will be a secretariat chair and Jacqueline will be a Policy Committee chair. And the mandate of the new EC will start in October at the next ICANN meeting. So, this is basically what has happened from the perspective of elections, and this is the composition of the old and the new EC of NPOC.

---

What we would like to do now is very briefly tell you a bit/draw some conclusions on the mandate of the last EC, the still-active EC, and then tell a bit about the vision for the next EC. For this, I think, Joan, if you could say a couple of words about the main things that have happened during the mandate of the current EC, as the outgoing chair? And Raoul, if you could say just a few words about what is expected to happen, what's the vision of the future EC for the year to come? That would be great.

JOAN KERR: Okay. So, great. Thank you. I'm sorry if I may lose my voice, but I will try to finish—

IOANA STUPARIU: Just briefly, Joan.

JOAN KERR: Yeah. Yeah.

IOANA STUPARIU: [inaudible].

JOAN KERR: Yeah. I have so much to say about the hard work that has been done, so I'm going to try to be brief, but it by no means diminishes the hard work and hours of input that the EC has done, and some of the members on this call, as well, including John More and Remmy, for the charter. So, I

---

just wanted a call-out that we did have membership involved in some of the work.

So, the EC. I kept a list of all the things that the EC has done in the last year-and-a-half, and we had to do up-and-above meetings and any working groups, or anything. We had 104 items to address, including different things on the website, creating a management system, marketing material, a logo. I mean, it goes on. Banners, things like that.

So, the idea was to take NPOC and build a foundation on which it could operate from, and that the new EC had the materials and the infrastructure to do the work that ICANN ecosystem demands, which is to be involved in the Policy Development Process.

So, we took a step back and say, “Well, in order for us to do that work and create an infrastructure, these are the things that need to be done in order for the members to have a working, operational constituency that it could represent, things like being transparent, doing a lot of outreach, and be proud of what the constituency has done.”

So, that was what we intended to do, and I think we accomplished it. Thanks to the EC, the outgoing or previous one, because some of them will be involved in the new one. I’m happy to say that I’m very proud of the work. Hopefully, we could get the charter done, because that was one of my to-do things to get done as chair. If not, I will hopefully be invited to see it through.

Caleb has ... I’m not sure if he asked or demanded that I helped him be involved. So I said to him, “Well, I’ll help you with the membership outreach.” But it will be in the background because I’m more of a

---

background person than I am “out there,” so I tend to want people to do their job as their ... My approach was that it wasn’t the chair that was the highlight but that the members of the committee that were doing their job and that they took the responsibility to the members for their position, so that was my specific approach.

Anyway, those are the ... A quick synopsis. I think we’re ready to go. I’m offering to be on-call for anything that the NPOC needs. My passion is not-for-profits, so I really have, obviously, a little specific liking for NPOC, because I do want to see it flourish. And so, good luck. I may have one more meeting but we have done a lot, and I think the infrastructure is there. Thank you.

IOANA STUPARIU:

Thank you, Joan. I think I can say, on behalf of everyone, that you have done a great job, and we are very grateful for all your efforts and for how you coordinated the EC. So, thanks. You will be missed in the EC. Okay. Raoul, are you there?

RAOUL PLOMMER:

Yes, I am.

IOANA STUPARIU:

Awesome. If you could just tell us just a bit about the plans for the next EC? That would be great.

---

RAOUL PLOMMER:

Right. Yeah, thanks. Yeah, for sure. Joan will be missed, and I'm sure that we will also have opportunities to use her expertise in our future work. I have a few things, here. It's not anything that's really casting stones, but these are the things that I would really want to have done in the next year.

So, let's start with the first one, that's sort of a very temporary one. Let's say it's a new kind of problem, really, for us to deal with. I'm meaning the coronavirus pandemic. I think we really need to adapt to the change that that has created for NPOC and for the whole of ICANN because we can't have those live meetings anymore. I think that's actually going to be a really big issue on our future work.

I think we should maybe ... We didn't have so many policy sessions or meetings in the past, remotely. We only did them, really, at the live meetings. So, I would like to just suggest that we help Jackie in building this policy committee and maybe have a monthly policy meeting there, because there usually are ... Every month, there are new public comments to be made, and all kinds of other issues.

I think a monthly policy meeting would really be something that I would like to see over the next year or so. I think that would be especially important, considering the corona and the fact that we won't be able to see each other live—probably not in the next year or so. Hopefully, I'm being pessimistic saying that. I would still like to go to Cancún, but I think it's all canceled until next summer, at least. So, yeah. That's something.

---

And then, this is another thing that I've been talking about for quite a long time. Some of it already ... Joan's term, which, actually, we're still on it ... We'd really want to have the collaborative space.

We have installed [our next code], and I think all we really need is to go through a webinar or a training session, just one hour. Not really, maybe, training, but introductory, and to go through it so that everybody is clear on how we work within NPOC. How do we make new issues for the EC to consider? Stuff like that.

I think we don't really have these processes, and we're about to write a membership standards process document to support the new charter. I think this is also something that is really quite important that we still lack about the process, which should really be a foundation of successful organization.

So, that's something that I do want to make this year, as well, that we'd actually have a common way of working at NPOC, and it's something that everybody agrees on. I don't want to ram this down everyone's throats. I want that everybody is comfortable with it and, hopefully, we can work together with it to make it pleasant for everyone to use.

And hopefully, as well, and this is actually to my next point, we can also make it so straightforward that we can promote it to other NGOs to help them use their domain to get their work done. That would really be part of the model packaging of web technology, to use a domain simply and securely.

I think we could get some help from Automattic, for example, who is the owner of WordPress, and perhaps some other web tech. They could

---

actually make some of these tutorials for individuals and NGOs who want to use a domain to get their mission done.

I think NPOC can do a lot within its ICANN remit, and I think part of it is really outreaching people to use domains in the first place. The fourth point is very ambiguous. It's basically continuing to defend the rights of non-commercial organizations on the DNS.

For example, in the past year, we saw some power grabs; the .Org price increase that was sort of looking really imminent was luckily knocked down after a huge engagement from the civil society outside of ICANN, as well. It took the [attorney] general and everybody to knock it down, but I'm glad we did. But those are really the kind of huge issues that NPOC is really in the heart of, and we should be on alert on those.

And the last thing is really something that is, maybe, based on our older metrics. That would be increased policy engagement and membership on PDPs and working groups. That's something that we have sort of been saying for years, that, "Yeah, we want to do this," but I think we are finally really set to do it. I think we have a good policy chair.

Like I said, I would really like to support the monthly policy meeting. I think, already, that will boost our memberships in PDPs and in working groups, as well as creating policy itself. I think that's really the most important reason why we're here. Those are really the ones off the top of my head. If somebody would like to add, or if I didn't remember something, please comment.



---

IOANA STUPARIU:

Thank you, Raoul. That was great. I especially like your last point about the policy involvement. I think it's very important to be more involved in PDPs and other policy work. I'm very happy to have Jackie officially from October in the EC, who is going to run the policy committee. So, maybe I will use this opportunity to encourage people to sign up for the policy committee, but I'm certain she will launch a call when the time will come to invite people to apply and be more involved in policy work. So, yeah, that's a good point. Jackie, you can, of course, have the floor.

JACQUELINE MORRIS:

Thanks. Well, one of the things that I have been thinking about is a lot of people don't jump into policy because they think it's difficult. And, yeah, it is a lot of work, but many hands make light work. So, the more people we can get involved in policy, the less strenuous it is for those people who are involved.

I'm also thinking about figuring out some way to do some quick training to introduce people to the GNSO policy processes—what is required, how do we work, and that sort of thing—to make it very clear what you're volunteering for when you volunteer for the policy committee. Or not even being on the committee, but just policy work, because the committee itself can't do everything. All the members need to be involved.

IOANA STUPARIU:

I think this could be a good action point or a discussion point for one of the next BC meetings from October onwards, like how to make policy

---

more accessible to members, how to get more members in the policy committee, and so on, and so forth.

And then, yeah, that's a great point, Jackie. A great idea, as well. Are there any comments on this from the members? Because if not, I would suggest going to the next one, which is the third one on the next ICANN meeting. As you know, and has been ... Oh, Joan. There is a hand, yeah. So, before I go there to the next virtual meeting—

JOAN KERR:

Yeah. I just wanted to quickly say to Jackie that there were some discussions. There was no decision but there was some discussion around NPOC maybe participating in the NCSG policy meeting as a starting point. That may be something that you want to consider, as well, until you form a committee. I don't know if that's helpful but I just thought I'd point that out.

JACQUELINE MORRIS:

Yes, it is. Thank you.

IOANA STUPARIU:

Okay. Great. All right. Perfect. Noted. So, for the next point, as I mentioned, the next ICANN meeting will still be online. So, no Hamburg for us. The schedule is not out yet, to my knowledge. If there is something in particular that you would like to hear, or if there is a specific meeting that you would like us to set—of course, as far as it's possible—in the next ICANN meeting, please let us know.

---

If you have outreach ideas/something that can be done in the virtual setup, that would also be great, because we are having difficulties due to the transition. It seems to adapt our outreach efforts. People seem to be less prone to getting involved virtually.

I think that has been seen, also ... This is my contribution from a personal perspective, that we have had less applicants for NPOC than previously, and that may be a reason that everything has moved online are people are hard to get to/hard to convince to join NPOC, or maybe other constituencies, as well.

So, I think this is something that you could think at. If you have any ideas on how to reach out to new potential members, that would be great. This would be, normally, done in-person, so that's why it's harder now that it's all online.

And I think that, once we have the schedule out, or once they start planning the schedule, they will involve us in an exact meeting setting, and we will reach out to you as well to ask you whether you have preferences.

But of course, Joan and Raoul can correct me or can add to this thing. This is how it was done for the previous two online meetings at least, so I assume that it will be done the same for the October ICANN69 meeting.

What is new, and what is important, is that they have launched a program, a reimbursement program, for those that are struggling financially with Internet access. And I think that could be good, especially for those coming from underprivileged areas or countries, or countries

---

that have poor access to Internet, or members that may have financial difficulties accessing a good Internet connection.

So, if you have not yet seen this opportunity, it will be in this document, which I will share with you at the end of the call. Please spread it out to members from your organizations or to other members because there may be other people that might want to be involved but could just not afford it. So, this is an opportunity.

And thanks, Raymond, for introducing NPOC in November. That's a good idea. If you need leaflets or some materials, just let us know. We could work together on promoting NPOC. And for everyone else, if you will be participating in other Internet governance events in the upcoming months, again, just drop us a line. We might work together on just putting together some promotional materials, like online, for members.

Okay? If there is any point, just raise your hand and I will give you the floor. Yeah. Thank you, Raymond, for the initiative. The next point is just a brief overview of what's going on right now policy-wise. There are two webinars which will happen soon, next week.

The first one is on the draft final report of the GNSO New GTLD Subsequent Procedures PDP Working Group. I included the description and the link so you can read more about it and you can register and attend it, as well.

And the second one is still next week, but on Tuesday, not on Monday, and that's on the PDP 3.0 implementation. Maybe equally interestingly, two public comments are ongoing. The deadlines are ... One is sooner than the other. There is a public comment on GNSO New GTLD

---

Subsequent Procedures. So, this is related to the first webinar that I mentioned.

The second public comment with a deadline in October is on the Reference Label Generation Rulesets for the Second Level. This is more technical but, for those of you with a technical background, it could be something interesting to jump in and just have a say on what is happening.

And of course, as reminders, you can check opportunities to get involved here. There is a link which lists all of them. We are trying to send out, as well, information about open calls whenever they are posted here on the NPOC list. I already mentioned the policy committee, so I won't say it again. So, this is what's going on right now.

I think a last substantial point for today's meeting was a follow-up to what we have discussed in April is ... As you may remember, we had Adam Peake then talking about the potential series of webinars. This is, I think, very well-connected with what Jackie has said, that it's important that members know how to deal with policy.

This is related. It's about how members ... Sometimes, they do not know what's happening within ICANN, or some specific information about ICANN. So, we were thinking of creating a series of webinars introducing DNS operational concerns to members. So, this is from a know-how or substantial point of view.

So, following our meeting in April, they came to us and they proposed a very specific series of webinars with concrete topics. This is something

---

that could be targeting NPOC members specifically, so applied on not-for-profits' specific operational concerns, so not the general one.

Here are the four proposed parts. So, part one, "Introduction to Domain Names and DNS." This could be used for new members, particularly, or for the members of your organizations that do not know much about DNS and domain names. Some basic introductions on registrants and the TLD lifecycle.

The more interesting part, from my perspective, "The Protection of Domain Names and the DNS Policy and Policy Development" is something very interesting in practice, and something on DNS security, part four. So, these are the four topics that they have proposed.

And the question that we have to answer now is whether this is something that we would like to have, that we would like to offer to our members, and here is what we need your feedback for. If you think this is something that could be useful, we can arrange it and have it every two weeks or every month, have a series, have them record it, or have them accessible on a platform on a regular basis. So, this is up to you, more or less.

After this meeting, we will post this proposal as well, so you can also give feedback on the mailing list. But if you have any feedback now on these particular topics that were proposed by them, you are more than welcome to join and comment.

Okay. So, no feedback, I assume? I think not. No, not an issue, because we will start a conversation on the mailing list, as well, with the general membership. Okay. Happy to hear. This could be part of the onboarding

---

process that we have been working on as well, but of course we need new members for that. So, that's why outreach is so important, because it's important to bring new members in the group who may not be as knowledgeable as the current members are.

Okay. The document that I will be sending also has some other useful information for members, some general introductory materials that the ICANN staff have prepared for members. These are things that are useful to know if you want, and if you have members that you think could be interested in these links or in this information, please share it with them.

We will also probably share this ... Or I'm thinking it's good to also share this on our social media for our members. Caleb, do you think we can do that? It could be good to have some posts just sharing this general information—on Twitter, for instance, on our Twitter account. Just an idea. Okay? Great. Thank you. Thank you, Caleb. These are here, so he's just ... Yeah. Exactly. It's just very easy to share.

Okay. Is there anything else that you would like to discuss at this membership meeting? Any concerns, any problems, and suggestions on what could happen? As I mentioned, this is basically a transitional meeting because this is the last membership meeting during this EC's mandate. The next one will probably be after the ICANN69 virtual meeting, so it will be held by the incoming EC. Thank you, Joan, for sending the link. Yeah, Joan.

JOAN KERR:

Yeah. So, I was just thinking that maybe, on the website, we could have a page that says either "upcoming education," or "education," or we could

---

have a page that says “resources.” So, it could be resources for ICANN or not-for-profits in general, or even highlighting papers or information from our members that they’re working on, things like that, just so that you start to open up the information sharing for the not-for-profits, so people know that they can post things and share things with other members. So, that’s another way of engaging them, as well.

IOANA STUPARIU: Thank you, Joan. John, you have raised your hand as well. You have the floor, or the mic.

JOHN MORE: Yeah. In support of what Joan says, I think it would be important for NPOC to have these resources on the very front page, not going into a drop-down menu or anything, but showing activity. Because I think, for any organization, that is what is significant. That, plus the e-mails out to membership showing activity and potential, but not having to look too far. It’s literally the new flat website design. I haven’t looked at the website now to make my comments, but that’s my general comment.

IOANA STUPARIU: Good idea. That’s a great idea, Joan, and thank you, John, for stepping in. Caleb says that it can be done, so if he says it can be done, technically, I think that’s good news. All right. Are there any other comments or suggestions on this? If not, the very last point would be to just briefly touch upon the next meeting, which will of course be organized instead by the incoming EC.



---

But I think, since we decided to have a meeting, in theory, every three months—so we had an April one, we had an elections one, and now this one—probably the next one will be in December. I assume you will also receive, just like until now, a Doodle form to set up the date that works for all of you.

If there is any matter/suggestions, you can always reach out to the EC and make proposals, or suggestions, or express your concerns. I will share this document with you on the page right now so that you can access all these links. I think, if there is nothing else that members want to say, we are done, more or less. Right? Caleb? Yeah. His hand's up, yeah.

CALEB OGUNDELE:

So, perhaps this is the last meeting you will be chairing and, I guess, [how I have to be thinking about the reins] after that. So, on behalf of the members, and maybe the chair, we want to thank you for your very good service in this capacity as our very vibrant and amiable membership chair. You've done so well.

Specifically, for me, I learned a lot, and I look forward to still tapping from your wealth of experience as time goes on. Thank God we are both in the same [ECISO]. You are just a stone's throw away. You've done well. I want to thank you so much for the good job you've done. That summarizes everything I have to say. Thank you so much.

IOANA STUPARIU:

Thanks, Caleb. You're great as well. Yeah. It has been a pleasure for me, working with you, as well. I look forward to the new EC work, with just

---

some changes in composition. Yeah, it has been a great six months for me because, as you know, I have just replaced Juan, who was the previously elected membership chair.

So yeah, it was a good six months for me. Thanks a lot. All right, then. I think we are done a bit sooner than what I had planned, so that's great timing. We covered everything. I'll share the document with you and keep in touch on the mailing list. Have a great day, everyone, and stay safe.

[JACQUELINE MORRIS:]

Great job, Ioana. Thank you so much, as Caleb said. Well said. So, very organized and very good. I will see you at the EC but I'm sure you'll do a great job in your new role, as well. Thank you.

UNIDENTIFIED FEMALE:

Thank you, everyone. Bye.

IOANA STUPARIU:

Thank you, Jackie. Bye.

UNIDENTIFIED FEMALE:

Bye.

**[END OF TRANSCRIPTION]**