

**ICANN Transcription – Abu Dhabi
GNSO Not-for-Profit Operational Concerns (NPOC) ExCom Meeting
Sunday, 29 October 2017 10:30 GST**

Note: The following is the output of transcribing from an audio recording. Although the transcription is largely accurate, in some cases it is incomplete or inaccurate due to inaudible passages or transcription errors. It is posted as an aid to understanding the proceedings at the meeting, but should not be treated as an authoritative record.

Joan Kerr: Welcome everyone and thank you for being here. We have Raoul Plommer and Juan Rojas in the room. Poncelet is not present. It is too early in Africa. And I don't believe we have Ganga on the phone or Olevie. Perhaps they'll join us at some point.

So we're at the ICANN 60 event in Abu Dhabi and this is our EC meeting. So the, first up is the NPOC reports. So we'll have a report from Raoul and from Juan and myself.

And if the others join us at some point we will come back to that. If everyone's okay for the additions, number four, I'd like to talk about just the finances for NPOC as well just to talk. Is that okay with everyone? Yes?

Great. So I just want to have a quick report on overall what NPOCs been doing since June. We've been, I would say mostly focused on charter work as well as other things. But the charter has taken up most of our time.

And it is in almost the final draft for, we're hoping to finish it in Abu Dhabi. So hoping (unintelligible) but no promises. But it is one of our goals. So hopefully we can get that done.

There's a number of things that I think we're putting NPOC on track for. One is, we've created a trouble system which Raoul will talk about in his report as well as we've created the Twitter account on Twitter and updated both the websites of Raoul and Juan. We'll talk about both those two things.

And all of this is really based on really starting to do two things, engage more with our members and to start really focusing on our policy comments. So those are our go forward plans to NPOC and I think we're setting the stage to do that.

Yesterday we hosted an outreach meeting which 65 people attended. Very successful. Very enthusiastic and was very aware of what NPOC does. And so that's also something that we will focus on.

So our next report is Poncelet who is not on the call. And neither is Ganga, Gangadhar Panday as far as I know. So we can go to Juan. I'm not sure, you're not there. Oh, later. Do you have a report that you want to talk? Do you want to talk about a work plan later? Do it all in one Raoul? Yes, okay. But Juan, can you give us a quick report? A quick report?

Juan Manuel Rojas: Good morning everyone. This is Juan Rojas, Communication Chair. And I'm talking about something that, the thing that we are responsible for communications. We have one task in this period that is still waiting information.

The task is about a year in review document with picture. This task is supposed to be done before July 20 from 2007, 2017. But the information is not coming. I have no information to do any kind of document. The year in review is not easily defined also.

And it's difficult for me to create a document name year in review without information. But we are collecting some of this information to produce a kind of document to be released from our members to spread all the information of this last year.

And we are right now, we are publishing information about what are we talking in these ICANN meetings. We updated yesterday in our website. It's a new section called what's new. It's temporary but it's already published. You can follow us in, what are we doing in this meeting 60 in Abu Dhabi.

Also, we have a Twitter account. I was checking that. It's NPOC, I don't know.

Joan Kerr: Underscore.

Raoul Plommer: Underscore ICANN (NPOC_ICANN). And we have a lot of mentions from yesterday after our session in outreach and of course as Joan says, our outreach session from yesterday was from all points of view a success.

We have very new commerce people interested and to get all of them get a new brochure from NPOC too. Then I am checking here what else. And I have okay, and we have doing the task of the job that communicating what, all invitations from these meetings for all members from (unintelligible) day yesterday, from an outreach meeting in the mail list.

And we also created another communication channel temporary also because we have the information that Skype is not working here and Skype is our communication channel for NPOC account. But we created a temporary channel for communicating here in case Skype doesn't work. But now Skype, it's working (notably) I think.

I suppose it's not, sorry to maintain telephone channel. We can do the information or the channel by Skype as usual. I think that's it. That's it all for now thanks.

Joan Kerr: Okay, Great. Just for your reference for the year in review, could we then do a three month review so then it would look at what we've been doing? Is that possible? Yes. That would just bring us, yes.

Raoul Plommer: Yes, maybe as you said, we are doing a big effort in charter document. Then we can talk about it, okay, Johannesburg to now, what has been changed. Not detail but it can be. Okay, in Johannesburg we have nothing. We have now a document to review and we're checking and we are for the release to be reviewed and checked and comments from all members I think. Yes, we can do it.

Joan Kerr: Okay. Yes, that will be great. And also some pictures. We have pictures and I think those always tell a story.

Raoul Plommer: Yes, okay, pictures about doing the job. I don't think, I don't know if anyone has pictures from Johannesburg doing the job, this job, about the charter. But if you have it, you can send me and I can add it to the document.

Man: Yes, sounds good.

Joan Kerr: So we'll do what we can as opposed to what we don't have. Thank you. I look forward to that. Maybe if I could suggest too that you create a template so we can do, prepare a three month review at every conference and then fill in the information. Is that possible? Yes. Great.

And so we do that on a consistent basis. We're going to try to align it with the conferences.

Maryam Bakoshi: Ma'am for the record, if you speak off mike, we will not be able to transcribe.
And would you say your name as well.

Joan Kerr: Joan for the record. Yes, we want to align it with the conferences. I think that makes it easier. So that at the end of the conference we can all have input and then it's published sort of thing as opposed to doing it separately. You know, because we're together anyway.

Raoul Plommer: (Every four months).

Joan Kerr: Every four months?

Raoul Plommer: (Yes, as opposed to three).

Joan Kerr: Yes, so aligning them. Yes, every four months so it makes your job easier.
Yes.

((Crosstalk))

Maryam Bakoshi: And maybe Maryam for the record, and maybe Juan can pursue people actually for the report so he can fit that into the year or quarterly review.

Joan Kerr: Yes. A great suggestion. So everyone, yes, that's a great suggestion. So put that in your template so they're actually writing it. And then we should be having that, the separate information that they're talking about, we should also have it on the, for us to, for further documentation. Okay. But you're not alone. We're going to help you.

All right. So thank you Juan. So membership. I believe we have 70 members as of today, Right, 70, 70. So hopefully we'll have more members as the end of this conference and we go forward. (Oliver) is not here so hopefully he will show up today. He is up at another meeting.

And so what his task was, to monitor our conversations that we've created on a Skype chat for the XCOM and because it's an informal discussion, sometimes talking about things that are really great ideas. And so to track those to make sure we don't lose them so we will follow up on that at some point with him.

So next. I think we talked a little bit about the charter that we're working on. Does anybody else something to add to what I've said which is that we've been working on it and going through it with a fine tooth comb. Maryam would like to say something.

Maryam Bakoshi: Maryam Bakoshi: for the record again. So I was just thinking about this yesterday. And when we were restructuring it was so difficult to move stuff around so Raoul, you've just done a great job being able to do that. And especially when we have like huge blocks.

It's just and so I'm suggesting we take what we have now into another document so we doubt ...

Man: (Unintelligible).

Maryam Bakoshi: Are you serious? Oh God. Yes, I'll do it but yay, thank you. But yes, that's fantastic. Yes, okay. I rest my case. Thank you.

Joan Kerr: So that conversation was that Raoul did that yesterday. So yes, we like great ideas.

Maryam Bakoshi: Yes, next time don't (unintelligible) mine. Just tell me so I don't have to stay awake thinking about it. Okay.

Joan Kerr: No, we recognize that very issue and so he said okay, I'm going to do it. So that's great.

((Crosstalk))

Joan Kerr: Yes, so next we'll let Raoul talk a little bit about the charter that he's done and also charter work and the tracking of the EC. Raoul.

Raoul Plommer: Okay. This is Raoul. Yes, so we did a new version of the charter document because we realize so much of the document has changed in the differential document. So we just moved everything from the right side of the differential to a whole new document.

And it did decrease to 19 pages which was a little more than I was hoping for since it was 33 with the both sides. But that's where it is now and we shared that at the NPOC, EXCOM Skype. Yes, and we are going to work on the charter, on this new document and just be editing it there.

But it's much more clear now and I think that was a good suggestion from (Tiffany) to borrow a least the structure of the (NCUC) charter, to use the structure and then to organize the, all the sections accordingly. And then it would be easy to sort of compare those as well.

And we did work on some of the mission statements as well. We made it clear and shorter, more distinct. Right. And the Trello I would have to admit I was able to do a little less on it before the meeting than I was hoping for.

But at yesterday's outreach meeting we got a page up on our website. It's on Get Involved on our website and there it has links to two of our Trello boards. There's the Post Development and the NPOC administrative issues. And those are two boards that we have for everyone to see basically.

And therefore they can see that they are tasks that pretty much anyone can do that has the time or the energy to do them so I think that's brought down the threshold of helping us do our work a little lower.

And we also created one additional board which is only visible for the EXCOM team and that has the roles and responsibilities for the EXCOM members I just made that and invited people, the relevant people there.

And I think that's going to be the best way to sort of have our tasks organized so that everyone from the EXCOM team is clear on what they need to do and they can be checking their exact responsibilities whereas the administrative issues and policy development is sort of open for anyone to do, right.

But in the new Board with the roles and responsibilities for the EXCOM, everyone, all the other members of the EXCOM will be able to see whether they are getting their responsibilities accomplished. So I think that will be a good thing.

And we were also thinking for making a list perhaps on the Administrative Issues Board like one for Maryam so we keep a track like better as well because it would be easier to sort of identify within the Trello what could be done by her at the moment.

So and she can also ask for input there if there's something that she needs for us to do, an administrative task. So basically that the Trello is open in our website. I also made a form there so people can join our Trello team and I made a condition there that they have to be input members to join the team which I think is fair enough.

But anyone can see, anyone on the internet can see what's there and I think that's good with for like openness principles. Yes, I think that's my report on Trello.

Joan Kerr:

Okay. Thank you Raoul. I have a question for you Maryam and I should know actually the answer and I don't. We're creating a separate category for NPOC for individual members. But I remember working on the database team and

I'm not sure how would someone check off and they would just check off NPOC and then individual because we don't have that on the application.

Maryam Bakoshi: Yes, so once this is, once the charter is approved and hopefully fingers-crossed, nobody says anything about that, I would have to revise the NCC, sorry the NCSG membership application for people to be able to do that. Yes.

Joan Kerr: So that's in the future. But that's something I just thought of, Oh my Gosh, what if somebody wants to do that. So we can't actually tell an individual to become a member now.

Maryam Bakoshi: No.

Joan Kerr: So it's just what you said about the team. So it just occurred to me that it's not on the application. So it's just to address that. So we'll have to think about how they would be involved then.

Maryam Bakoshi: So we have representatives for the organization. So those are the people who would be part of, you know, if they want to be out of the Trello, for now, yes, that fine. Because it's human beings that are representing the organizations.

No, I was just thinking of that we're going to be inviting individuals so we have to be careful how we're doing that, that's all. There were many individuals yesterday that said, that's what I'm trying to address, oh, I'm in cybersecurity.

But as in the individuals to help. That's all I'm trying to say, that we have to be careful. When we're, we have two presentations to do, that we don't miscommunicate that issue.

Joan Kerr: Yes, completely agree. That's really important, yes. Thank you. So Poncelet not here but and so I'll do a quick work plan vision statement, I guess. So

what we want to do is look at the priorities we feel, that we've identified as the focus for NPOC.

Then align them with the policies that are being discussed and have them on the website and make comments. So maybe that's something that we can work on as a template for him as well and sent it to him. Even Maryam and I can work on that.

It's like a tracking for Poncelet. You and I, if we could work on something for Poncelet and Olevie, I'll talk to you about what I think just so that they have something. Maybe they really don't understand what it is that we're asking. So it's better just to create something so they can see it. Does that sound fair?

Maryam Bakoshi: Maryam for the record again. And then for Ganga as well because we had the membership approval for last time and there was no email sent out to welcome then.

Joan Kerr: Yes, I noticed that but nothing was done so.

Maryam Bakoshi: Yes, all three, So, maybe we'll do that.

Joan Kerr: And I think the Trello will also help with the roles and responsibilities because they'd also have to then state what they've been doing. Great, so we have lots of work to do administratively.

So any other questions so far because we're running through this meeting?
So let's go to number four then. It's something that has not been on our Executive Committee Meeting for the last couple of meetings and it's the financial aspects of NPOC.

We haven't had it on nor has (Led Franco) contacted us with an update. So I think it's something that we should be addressing and ensuring. By the way Maryam, what was the end product of the last transfer?

Maryam Bakoshi: (Miriam Bacosi) here. So there was a problem with the digits on the banking information that was sent. And ...

Joan Kerr: What was the problem? Do you know?

Maryam Bakoshi: Yes.

Joan Kerr: Was it us or?

Maryam Bakoshi: No, from the bank. It was something missing and so they were supposed to send it back to Sam to correct. I didn't follow up on that because you know, I just thought it was important that Sam did that. But if you need me to step in again I am happy to do that. But I need to get that go ahead from the EXCOM.

Joan Kerr: Well if everybody's in agreement, we'd like to instruct Maryam to follow-up on that because we need to get that off. Is everyone in agreement?

Woman: Yes.

Joan Kerr: So could you please follow-up with that please. Thanks. We, yes, we need to know what's happening. So that was my addition. Does anybody want to have any other additions or conversations?

I have maybe one other one which I should have said before. It's marketing material. Yes, business, yes, so.

Juan Manuel Rojas: Yes, I remember that. My name is Juan for the record. I'm sorry. Yes, I remember we are in the task to get the decisions, to take decision from the

new logo book and we need to send this out to start the voting to, because we, inside here, we have a decision I think, no?

We selected three from all that we received from (communications) but now we are going to do the voting, right, the voting process to select what is the best for us. I have remember right now, because this is important I think.

Joan Kerr: Yes and you had something Raoul. The marketing?

Raoul Plommer: Yes, Raoul for the record. I think we should, I think we're still hardly touching the COMS budget. Aside from the brochures, we're not, okay, we'll, okay, the logo as well but that's pretty much it. So we should really start using that more.

And business card is a really low hanging fruit that we should have for all EXCOM members. And like I would really welcome all suggestions, like how we can use more of the (COMS) budget

Juan Manuel Rojas: Yes, Juan, this is Juan again. I think that that could be made once we have the new logo approved because now it's not, but I think the new brochure or just one should talk about NPOC. And that leads to the design and to distribute, it's maybe, it all depends on the logo decision.

And for further, we can do the business cards. We can do marketing material, POP or something like that, something to outreach. Also we have information. If we have another event at ICANN meetings, I think we should have a banner or something like that with the log, or something like that.

Joan Kerr: Maryam, is it possible at this meeting to pick a logo that will descend to the membership so we know that is closed. Because it's been a while that it's been on the cards?

Maryam Bakoshi: We, there were five. Five? Six. One, two, three, four, five.

Joan Kerr: No, I'm talking about the logo. Logo, I think there were about six or seven of them.

Woman: But we chose three already.

Maryam Bakoshi: Yes, but the three has been done. The three logos have been chosen by the EXCOM?

Woman: Yes.

Man: (Unintelligible).

Joan Kerr: But we need to send it out to the EXCOM.

Maryam Bakoshi: We should send more than one though.

Joan Kerr: No, absolutely.

Maryam Bakoshi: Yes, maybe like three logos so that, yes.

Joan Kerr: Yes.

Maryam Bakoshi: Yes, yes, it needs to be done.

Joan Kerr: Okay, I remember that we chose them in order and number three got the most votes. And then we should get the next two. And send that out.

Maryam Bakoshi: Okay, so, yes, we could do that today. Oh I have a question. We were discussing about the logos. And maybe to falsely take too easy the project, maybe we can send just two logos, not three? It's better to send more than two, yes.

Joan Kerr: I agree. So how would it work? Would you send out, Maryam, we'll tell you the three, give them to you and you create a doodle or something that we need some data right.

Maryam Bakoshi: Yes, absolutely.

Joan Kerr: Okay.

Maryam Bakoshi: So once you give me the three and I'll send it out to the membership. Thank you.

Joan Kerr: That's an action that we can agree on today that we'll send out. Okay, so that's done. We'll do that today. Great.

Maryam Bakoshi: Who are we holding accountable to that? To send me the logos?

Joan Kerr: I'll send them out.

Maryam Bakoshi: Okay7. Yes. Thank you. I've got some records.

Joan Kerr: Also, for marketing, we need to have maybe a page, a half a page to a page of the things that we should be addressing at meetings, at, you know, we can all do our own personalities and all of that but there are key things that we need to say and so we should work on those as well in the marketing.

The other thing that keeps coming up and we do address it in our brochure but it's not actually translating to people understanding it. We say what we do and we think we say it clearly. But the question that comes up is, how are we different than NCUC? No what do we do but how are we different?

So I think we need to say that in our brochure.

Maryam Bakoshi: And I think one of the clear questions arising yesterday in (unintelligible) was, okay, add value for getting in in NPOC.

Joan Kerr: Right.

Maryam Bakoshi: Then I think it is important to add in this brochure this material for outside for people.

Joan Kerr: So it's wording and just making sure that people are very clear about what we are and we're getting it clear too. Doing the charter has certainly clarified a lot of things but those are the things that I saw as issues. Anything else?

So we've done the marketing. The financials. Anything else in operations? Fundraising is the other thing that I wanted to talk about. Let's finish marketing first.

Woman: (Unintelligible).

Joan Kerr: Okay. Great. I think we should have a fundraising strategy for our meetings. You know, when we do our outreach meetings, it's easier to go to ICANN and ask them to help us with outreach meetings. For example, if we can also ask, say, oh, we've got X amount of dollars as well.

You know, so we're not begging. We're just saying, you know, help us as opposed to saying, okay, it's going to cost \$2500 let's say, for example. We've attained \$1500. Can you give us 1000? Or in whatever form that may be.

Raoul Plommer: Yes, on that note we should also be making special budget requests for ICANN because that's something that I hear NCUC is doing a lot of and they're getting a lot of them accepted as well. So that's something that we should really do. Yes, the term is special budget requests and that is something we need to pursue more than we have done.

Now, I think our crop funding is all applied for so that's better than previous years as well. We're finally starting to use that properly.

But yes, the special budget request could be used for example, spending people to Riscon which the NCUC has been using it as well as the RGF and so on.

I mean there's a lot of events that they're using special budget requests for and not (the crop) and that's all that we've used it for, so.

Maryam Bakoshi: Maryam here. So another advice is to go to previous, so they're called, they used to be called special budget requests. They're now called additional budget requests, ABRs.

So another thing you could do is go through the ABRs other people have and applied for, see what has been approved and then if it's relevant to NPOC, just basically do the, you know.

Joan Kerr: That's why I thought we should talk about funding because none of these things have been discussed and have strategies. And we have to do them so that when other or the next EXCOM comes in it's not that they reinventing but they see and they can build from that. So that's what we want to do.

So yes, now we have our bank account so we can receive our own money as well. Now for ICANN, if they give us money, do we have to do a report to them for how that's spent?

Maryam Bakoshi: ICANN doesn't give you money.

Joan Kerr: Oh, they just buy or pay for it.

Maryam Bakoshi: They pay for it but they don't give you money.

Joan Kerr: That's right.

Maryam Bakoshi: Well that's the same thing. Well no, they don't just give us.

Woman: It's a budget request. They pay for it.

Joan Kerr: That's right.

Woman: See I was never asked.

Joan; So that's going to change? The other thing I wanted to talk about which is sort of marketing is that maybe what we should be doing is actually talking, I don't know if this is done and I'm thinking off the top of my head, okay?

We're on a new path, a really good path I think and I think we need to tell the ICANN Board what NPOC is doing. So obviously we can't request that for this meeting but I think it's important that we do that at our next meeting, so they know what we're doing.

Maryam Bakoshi: So there is a meeting with the NCSG leadership. So on the schedule NCSGECF, but its NCSG leadership really with select Board members. So you can start the conversation now and when you have the NCSG with the Board as well.

And so NPOC members just pick up and say, you know, this is who we are. We can't have NPOC and Board. It has to be the NCSG and Board. But there are other, so you can have conversations. So somebody said something yesterday.

You know, the (Alexander) guy. He said the Registrar is for instance, there is a lot that MPOC can do with them especially with domain name,

(unintelligible) with all that kind of stuff. And so for next meeting what we can do is request a meeting with the Registrars.

You know, so Registrar NPOC meeting and then this discussion and you can start the discussion in that kind of form to expand relationships. Does this make sense?

Joan Kerr: It totally does because you know, we need people to understand that one, we're getting organized and two, what our value is because we're the good news that nobody knows. And what's good is no one knows about it.

So yes, so aside from understanding it, the next ICANN, so the ICANN 61 we can be preparing to be part of the NCSG and so a presentation to just talk about what we're doing.

Maryam Bakoshi: No, no, even for this meeting, so there's an NCSG Board meeting, it's every, yes, so, yes, it's on Tuesday or Wednesday, I hear correctly. There's an NCSG Board meeting, if you check the schedule.

Yes, so it's an opportunity as well to say hey, I'm from NPOC and ask a question, something to let people know that NPOC is, you know.

Raoul Plommer: Raoul for the record. Well the questions to the Board, there was a, quite a bit of discussion on the NCSG list and the questions have already been sought out and they were discussed at length on the list. So I don't really think we can barge in there that much. Right.

Maryam Bakoshi: Yes, but if you for instance, you can take ownership. I don't remember if the questions have been assigned now. So you can ask (unintelligible) and if it's not, just to say, can I ask this question and then, you know, NPOC. I don't know if that make sense. It's just saying the name out.

And yes, not necessarily a new question, you know, because the questions have been hashed out already. But it's just say, you know, NPOC member, something.

Joan Kerr: Yes, just for the recognition that we're actually doing something I guess is what I'm saying. We may as well start to do that because that's what we've been not doing. Right. So.

Maryam Bakoshi: Then when do we have the meeting with the select Board members. That's an open meeting so there's no, you know, there are no set questions. Then you can ask a question there.

Joan Kerr: So anyway those are my thoughts. Anyone else? I identified that we need to do the financial marketing and funding aspects. Any other thing that we're lacking?

Maryam Bakoshi: No.

Joan Kerr: Go ahead Maryam.

Maryam Bakoshi: Maryam for the record. So I realize that, I know you've touched on this but I just wanted to really stress the importance of that especially for (crop) is what is the general message that's been sent out when people go for trips or events?

You know, there is nothing, there is no two, three pages about this is what you need to say, you know, and stuff like that. And it's also important to identify people who are doing something specific at the event and not just going there. But, you know, what specifically are they doing?

Joan Kerr: Any other issues, Joan for the record.

Juan Manuel Rojas: This is Juan. I just, I was just checking public comment from ICANN. I was checking that we have, one, two three, four, five open public comments in general. We have proposed a date for ICANN public meetings (draft PTI) and (YANA FY19), Operating Plans and Budgets, ICANN reserve fund public comment, proposal for (unintelligible) labeled general rules, international domain name presentation guidelines, enhanced (accountability), operation standard for ICANN specific reviews.

And what, where is it? And I think that maybe we should check to make a comment or something like that. Or check if we are going to do coming in, in one of them to, in this information. I saw something, ICANN (unintelligible) but I get lost.

That's the public comments right now and I think that we can, we shoot check if we are going to do, participate in that or not. That's it.

Joan Kerr: So essentially you want us to review the comments page and choose a couple, is that what you're saying?

Juan Manuel Rojas: Yes.

Joan Kerr: Okay. So you want us to do it as opposed to Poncelet. Is that what you're saying?

Juan Manuel Rojas: Yes.

Joan Kerr: Yes, okay.

Juan Manuel Rojas: If Poncelet is excused right now then we have no information from him. I hope that he sends us this information. But instead, yes, okay.

Joan Kerr: Okay fair enough. Well, all right. Okay, that's definitely a good thing. The focus was to charter. The next thing now is a comment so that's where we're

going to go full fledged on that so, yes, we'll do that. Maryam, I'm sure you're happy to hear that.

Maryam Bakoshi: (Unintelligible).

Joan Kerr: Well it's a good point. Why don't we just sit down and think about what it is that we want to do. But just to get them started, you're saying instead of waiting, here's something that you may be interested in.

As an NCSG member you may be able to do it. That way we start it. It's about starting because you can try to be as perfect as possible and then it just goes onto the next one and we don't want to be at ICANN 60 not having done anything, so. Go ahead.

Maryam Bakoshi: So what I'm suggesting and you're right. It's just when people see other people doing something then they are confident to do something. But if it's NPOC no one right now is doing anything.

So it's like ooh, I don't want to be the first person raising my hand to do this but when they see that other people are chipping in on the NCSG level, then it's a bit more, okay, I can, I think I can (unintelligible), stuff like that. And no one is going to scream.

But, you know, so I think it's getting people from into the NCSG level and because that's where policy work is done anyway, you know. So NPOC is an addition to that but NCSG is where the substance is for now. Does that make sense?

Joan Kerr: Yes,

Raoul Plommer: Raoul for the record. Well we've actually had a person who is our Policy Chair and he hasn't been doing the comments. And we've been sort of relying on that for too long now I think.

And I think unless something starts to happen that really soon we need to change the person who is doing the policy for NPOC or let's say who is working on it. Because this isn't working that we're still, we've been asking for it for months and we're getting nothing, right. So we really need to change something about that.

Maryam Bakoshi: And maybe it's changing the strategy like we're discussing now. And maybe that will be easier for him since the work has already been done on that level.

Joan Kerr: Yes, I think that all of those things we have to address and I'm going to take the responsibility of speaking with Poncelet and saying, okay, this is what we're thinking and work up a strategy between he and I and see what's the easiest.

But whatever happens, something has to be done. We have to start the policy. There's just no choice, I guess, is what I'm saying. So okay, so I'll take that responsibility to do another talk with Poncelet offline and see what, how I can help him.

Because he may have the whole issues of the internet and stuff. But let me find out, deal with it and we can go from there, okay? Fair enough? All right. So that's all I have as issues that I saw for going forward. Any other things that we, you guys see that we're not addressing at all?

The, one thing that I wanted to ask, Maryam, maybe you can answer this before these guys answer it, The how to write a policy statement, I think the ICANN Learning Academy had something about how to write a, are we working on one or?

Maryam Bakoshi: Not yet. But there is, so that's Raoul was saying something about the, you know, NCSG asking for this in the ABR process and that was approved. And so it is something NPOC can (request for us all).

It actually is on the NCSG level so it's for everyone, okay. So we can just tag on top for everybody so that will be completed I think in ICANN 61 if I'm correct. You were cc'd on that email. I don't know if you remember.

Yes, so it's, you know, ICANN on that and just add the EXCOM to it and Poncelet especially since there is a cost that's going to be done.

Joan Kerr: Yes, I think that's something that we should be aware of to put on our website as well or link to it. But if it's not done yet. I think maybe I read it somewhere else but I thought it was ICANN.

But I guess it could belong to somebody in the organization. But it may be something else, how to write a policy statement. But however I'll look that up and just to, I always think of ways to helping people. You know, they may want to have an input to writing a policy statement so that may be a good way but, all right.

That's it. Any other questions? Issues? Nothing else? Well if there's nothing else, I'd like to call this meeting to a close. Maryam?

Maryam Bakoshi: Yes, please.

Joan Kerr: Thank you.

END